Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4838 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
31. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 13:32 DangerDog

Battlefield Hardline comes out on March 17th, unless it's delayed too.

Looks like this isn't going to be a Steamworks title, so no steam feature integration. You'll launch from Steam and it'll take you right to the Social Club login.

30 players on instanced servers or will they have dedicated servers and a server browser? The Heists mode is only 4 player so is it going to be player hosted only with no host migration?

Rockstar plans on being the digital distribution point for copies of the game not purchased on Steam directly? Do they have the infrastructure to handle that kind of job? Are they going to force install a bunch of backdoor DRM services onto your PC?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evolve System Specs
18. Re: Evolve System Specs Jan 12, 2015, 17:12 DangerDog

HoSpanky wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 14:53:
GTAV is getting my gaming money this month.

Mine too, well... maybe, if it isn't delayed.

News Comments > H1Z1 Early Access This Week
9. Re: H1Z1 Early Access This Week Jan 12, 2015, 17:09 DangerDog

DayZ was suppose to be a quick turn around project, repackage the mod as a stand alone game to make it easier for people who couldn't be bothered with downloading and getting it to work with Arma 2.

Then they got sidetracked into adding more features - reworking the map, their map guys got thrown in jail in Greece.

They should have retooled the game to work on their carrier command engine, something to give it more of a "game" feel than a man simulator. Even Arma 3 doesn't make for an overwhelmingly enjoyable experience when it comes down to gameplay.

News Comments > Call of Duty Online Launches in China
2. Re: Call of Duty Online Launches in China Jan 12, 2015, 16:55 DangerDog

that cyborg stuff looks kind of fun, too bad the lag makes it unplayable - I could probably figure out the menus, they recycled a ton of assets from COD games and a lot of the voice over stuff is in english.  

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
3. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Jan 12, 2015, 14:24 DangerDog

Where are the system specs for the PC version of GTA V?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
17. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 11, 2015, 17:23 DangerDog

I doubt their lofty goals for the multiplayer portion will work out but it'll at least be interesting to check out the art assets made for the game.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status
13. Re: Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status Jan 10, 2015, 15:22 DangerDog

Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 12:55:
30 million copies. Yeah, it's not GTA, fellas. Not even Diablo sold 30 million copies.

I think it'll peter out and sell somewhere near a million or so, which is pretty darn good, and they should be happy with it.

Paid expansions will boost their revenue and they do plan on releasing it on consoles eventually. Right now they get 100% of the revenue through their digital distribution system. At some point they could go free to play with microtransactions to purchase new ships, just like Star Citizen minus the free to play bit.

News Comments > Friday the 13th Game Revealed
12. Re: Friday the 13th Game Revealed Jan 10, 2015, 02:01 DangerDog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bavGGIUulKw

needs to be just like that

News Comments > Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed
18. Re: Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed Jan 9, 2015, 20:24 DangerDog

Lord Tea wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 19:01:
Can anyone give me a hint regarding the DRM they're gonna use on GTA5, except for Steam of course.

I'm really looking forward to playing this monster

I don't think it's a "Steam" game, in that I don't think it uses Steamworks for multiplayer. Listings for the retail dvd version of the game doesn't mention Steam.

News Comments > Dying Light Videos
1. Re: Dying Light Videos Jan 9, 2015, 15:08 DangerDog

The environment looked extremely repetitive as did the zombie smash gameplay.

I thought this was going to be more along the lines of a Grand Theft Auto type open city with zombies in it. This is just a reskinned version of Dead Island with Parkour like movement system.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Economic Rollback
14. Re: Elite: Dangerous Economic Rollback Jan 9, 2015, 14:15 DangerDog

Bundy wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 14:08:
One thing that happened that wasn't mentioned here is someone on the forums found a listing where one of the billionaires was trying to sell his account. So initially with only a few people given all this money, they tried to let it slide. There's actually not a whole lot to do with your money in Elite once you buy all the ships and the best upgrades for each, so a billion might as well be a kajillion zillion.

Once it became obvious that they'd likely just try to sell them for real life money, they probably realized that they needed to actually fix this.

And the greater possibility of billionaires getting bored and griefing other players.

Frontier Development's financial report shows they've sold 300,000 copies of Elite Dangerous, I think that excludes the number of people who bought in on the kickstarter.

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2015, 16:05.

News Comments > Valve: Steam Machines "Front and Center" at GDC
20. Re: Valve: Steam Machines Jan 9, 2015, 02:31 DangerDog

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 23:22:
I can't believe the vitriol towards Steam Machines. Do you all honestly think Microsoft is a good steward for PC Gaming? I think Valve's interest are much more aligned with ours than MS'.

This is all about getting gaming on a Linux box so that Microsoft's iron fist doesn't continue to control the industry and hold it back. But you guys are in your comfort zone so I can see why this would seem so frightening.

The future isn't a dedicated high end PC running a highly specialized Steam OS, it's more likely to be a tablet type all in one device - something powerful enough to handle VR applications yet small enough to fit in your pocket.

Gabe Newell is the only reason people are favorable towards Steam in the first place, what happens when he passes away and Valve is bought up by Facebook?

13. Re: Valve: Steam Machines Jan 8, 2015, 20:45 DangerDog

Zyrxil wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 19:43:
Dmitri_M wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 18:31:
The Steam Machine reminds me of some obscure Taiwanese tech manufacturer releasing a ready made gaming pc. It shows up at some random tech conference. Gets a few fluff pieces previewing it by tech journalists who only use macs. Perhaps a booth babe leans on it and pouts. They sell 200 units. The rest are bargain binned or end up in some Chinese village being melted down for iron. The success of steam as a digital in home Atm has led to some misguided hubris in the valve office. Now they're trying to install a physical atm too. Steam is nice. Steam Machine is pointless.

Man you people have the memory of a goldfish. Steam Machines are a hedge against the possibility of Microsoft locking down Windows with an App store like iOS, in order get that sweet sweet 30% revenue cut of all software. MS already started it with Metro apps only being available from their Windows Store. Any of this ring a bell or did you all just breathe a sigh of relief that Win8 was considered a failure and move onto the next controversy?

I think it's misguided to think of Steam OS as a desktop replacement for Windows, it's just another walled garden if you think about it - Steam takes their cut too and there has been grumblings over it being too high from many developers/publishers as well.

If Microsoft completely killed off the desktop and prevented you from loading anything you wanted on your PC then everyone would switch to either Mac or Linux - well everyone except the simpletons that think metro apps are the best thing since sliced bread.

It was more fantasy of neckbeards thinking it would shine some sort of light on making Linux a gaming platform finally. It has a tiny bit, but it has so far to go that I fear it'll never be a 100% replacement for windows gaming.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Evolve
18. Re: Gone Gold - Evolve Jan 8, 2015, 20:18 DangerDog

SimplyMonk wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 18:00:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 17:39:
The maps in the alpha were all arena based and didn't seem to have enough space to evade the hunters long enough to evolve, mostly at later stages in the unlock advancement.

I find a lot of people saying this, but I primarily played the Monster during the Alpha and I was somewhere around a 75% win rate with the Goliath and 99% with the Kraken. Played roughly 50-60 games. The game was all about Stealth at the start. Keeping to caves, hiding your tracks, doubling back and climbing onto cliffs, leaping off to gain distance. Knowing if you are going to be caught, where is the best place to find cover till the bubble drops. With the Kraken though, you didn't even need to bother evolving. I killed multiple hunter parties at Stage 1 with Rank 3 Lightning Bolt. It was silly.

I doubt I'll be picking this up for $60 on release though. Got a Xbox One in a raffle at work and traded it for a PS4 so I have a bunch of console gaming to keep me occupied. If it had a co-op story mode like L4D, I probably would get it if some buddies picked it up as well. The progression mode they are advertising in the next Xbox One open beta sounds nice, but still not enough to justify the expenditure.

Pretty much the same as Titan Fall for me. Enjoyable, but not release day price enjoyable especially with all the planned DLC. Will pick up a GotY edition or something on Steam in a year.

Of course if you're playing against a bunch of random pubbers thrown together it's like hitting the easy button for the monster. One of the hunter characters you can unlock is a robot with a UAV for a head, at the start he zooms around and finds you and from that point on it's either race track mode or you're pretty much screwed - most likely especially if you're the Kraken because it's power only came into play after the first evolution cycle.

Maybe their "skill based" matchmaking was broken, too few people to match with? I kept getting matched against people that were high level hunters working together. Matches lasted less than 5 minutes and yeah, waiting around for next round was too long.

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 2015, 20:28.

2. Re: Valve: Steam Machines "Front and Center" at GDC Jan 8, 2015, 17:52 DangerDog

"small Steam-capable computers"

The idea of building a high end gaming PC around the Steam OS / Linux hybrid seems like a waste of money.

Maybe they can cut it down to just a game streaming device that's ultra affordable.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Evolve
2. Re: Gone Gold - Evolve Jan 8, 2015, 17:39 DangerDog

I was an okay game, but not for $59.99

The maps in the alpha were all arena based and didn't seem to have enough space to evade the hunters long enough to evolve, mostly at later stages in the unlock advancement. It turned into a nascar race track with the hunters chasing a monster around and around. They mentioned mod support off hand at one time but I don't know if they've committed to releasing any mapping tools.

Timed exclusive DLC for Xbox One, one month I think. While they've said they had a ton of DLC planned for the game supposedly they won't be fractioning the community with paid maps.

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 17:31:
I want them graphics to be in-game.

It uses the CryEngine to good effect but lacks destruction, doesn't look or play anything like that trailer of course.

News Comments > Aliens Games Back on Steam
14. Re: Aliens Games Back on Steam Jan 8, 2015, 03:27 DangerDog

Quake Wars is gone, nobody noticed or cared.  

News Comments > Razer's Game Streaming
4. Re: Razer's Game Streaming Jan 7, 2015, 20:19 DangerDog

The requirements are not restrictive, as the streaming will work with a wide range of PC hardware, and any DirectX9 or later title.

Not just Dx9, that would be stupid.

Doesn't interest me but this is what I would use to stream games to a living room most likely.

News Comments > Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines "Pretty Much Dead"
12. Re: Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines Jan 7, 2015, 20:13 DangerDog

Beamer wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 19:30:
Task wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 19:17:
I guess Valve should've been working on Half-Life 3 instead of <insert random thing here> department.

What I'm getting out of this though is the term, as he said is dead, but Valve is still pushing their controller and Steam OS on different living room pc things.

Yes. No one else is really reading. The name is dead, not the product.

The product is pretty much dead too, the PC isn't a living room appliance and cannibalizing it down to yet another scrub console level hardware spec isn't going to win anyone over, not to mention trying to prop up Linux as a gaming platform.

Streaming games to a TV by way of some sort of hardware dongle might make some headway if you can keep the price below $50.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB
29. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 16:12 DangerDog

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 15:30:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 15:19:
It's a decent amount of effort CASH to replace mobo/cpu/ram, so I really like to feel like I'm going to see some results for doing so.
Fixed that for you.
I love to tinker with my PC so rebuilding it never an effort but a new mobo and cpu is nearly $500 and I don't think that much money will make a huge real world difference in games at 1080p

Replacing my GTX760 to the 970 will probably make a much more noticeable difference for less money.

It takes time to setup the software and work out any driver/bios issues, new build = clean format, period. I always make the mistake of holding onto my old hardware too long. I think I could get more money selling individual components than to sell them as complete, functional builds.

4838 Comments. 242 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo