Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4471 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Take 2 Financials; Evolve Delayed
6. Re: Take 2 Financials; Evolve Delayed Aug 5, 2014, 20:56 DangerDog

You can't go from Alpha to finished game in less than two months, people who enjoyed the game should be glad that take 2 isn't just shoving what they have out the door.

Personally I think they need to work on the design some more, there's a really good game lurking in there somewhere but I think it needs more time to distill it down.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 5, 2014, 14:44 DangerDog

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 13:03:
a computer that takes 7 minutes to boot up must to ancient, maybe they need to upgrade them.

Not even an 8086 takes 7 minutes to boot up, from floppy yet.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained
25. Re: Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained Aug 5, 2014, 14:40 DangerDog

Zanthar wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 14:27:
I don't think you can judge whats going on behind the scenes in production from just a few press blurbs. We'll have to wait and see what happens. Chris Roberts has an impressive track record of delivering some awesome games back in the day.

If he doesn't deliver with SC, his career in the gaming industry will be over for good. He will lose respect and all of his achievements will become worthless. There will be no recovery from failure since he took $50mil directly from the pockets of gamers. If that's not enough motivation for him NOT to fail then he'll deserve the brutal end to his career that he will get.

He would make a great used car salesman, so he can always fall back on that.

I don't think he'll ever be without money as long as rendered images of space ships sell as well as they seem to.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained
21. Re: Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained Aug 5, 2014, 14:17 DangerDog

Hello Star Citizen, are you not entertained!?

Even if this project fails I think I'll have gotten my $45 worth of backer pledge out of all the drama this has created.

In other news I've somehow managed to log 22 hours into the combat test and beta version of Elite Dangerous only playing a few hours at night. That said I would recommend people to hold out for the release of Elite as it's really just a shell of core game functions that they have implemented.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 4, 2014, 20:21 DangerDog

Darn, I thought they were talking about 50 shades of grey.  

News Comments > Star Citizen in Depth
23. Re: Star Citizen in Depth Aug 4, 2014, 14:42 DangerDog

I don't see this as being anything new or groundbreaking, the first game I played that had this was Starflight, mostly out of necessity due to needing to fit on a 5 1/4 floppy.

The one problem though is that it's pretty easy to see patterns of repetition, kind of like Borderlands and their "bazillions" of guns routine.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 3, 2014, 17:15 DangerDog

How much is Lonsgate going to pay me to download it?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added
14. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 3, 2014, 15:04 DangerDog

You could say the same thing about Elite Dangerous, just wait till it's matured beyond the beta stage and beyond - especially the expansion packs.

Elite Dangerous right now just has a wow factor to it, mostly if you're and old skool player of the original game. Some aspects will never get there though such as extensive PvP, I just don't think it'll happen with the network design they've implemented which for many is upsetting.

I suppose they could always create some sort of arena combat mode only for ED at some point to concentrate the action against other people.

The way Star Citizen is shilling for a game that isn't anywhere close to being even in beta seems like a huge turnoff to me, but if shiny pictures of virtual ships gets you all hot and sweaty - go for it.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Aug 2, 2014, 16:15 DangerDog

Only time I ever shop there is on a black friday sale, their prices are just way too high.  

News Comments > The Talos Principle Video
1. Re: The Talos Principle Video Aug 2, 2014, 16:04 DangerDog

Looks like it could be a cool puzzle game, little bit flat in terms of the level design.  

News Comments > WWI Flight Sim: Ilya Muromets Early Access
4. Re: WWI Flight Sim: Ilya Muromets Early Access Aug 1, 2014, 15:33 DangerDog

Seems to be a total conversion of sorts from Rise of Flight with tweaks to improve the engine, they mention an attempt at making it easier for mouse and keyboard flyers.

I'd rather use Steam for DRM than their custom setup.

News Comments > Gearbox Fights Aliens Lawsuit
5. Re: Gearbox Fights Aliens Lawsuit Jul 31, 2014, 20:30 DangerDog

This is a "peanut butter not crunchy enough" lawsuit.

News Comments > Dead Rising 3 Stream
2. Re: Dead Rising 3 Stream Jul 31, 2014, 03:54 DangerDog

in glorious 30 frames per second  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Beta Begins
45. Re: Elite Dangerous Beta Begins Jul 30, 2014, 17:35 DangerDog

Iurand wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 17:16:
Phasenoise wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 13:44:
At least the early backer perk is a lifetime DLC pass and not an in-game towel.

And half of Life Time Insurance.

Zanthar wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 14:47:
It's not Newtonian, but it's not arcadish either.

What do you mean "not Newtonian"?

DangerDog wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 15:20:
Yes it's a "paid" beta/early access but this is going to be a niche game and I don't think they're making mad money just yet unlike Star Citizen - which we'll be luck to see it in the same shape as the Elite beta in 2015.

Unlike Frontier, CIG two years ago didn't have team of 240, who used to work with themselfs, or working engine. Actually, they still don't have either former or latter...

I really hope they get there with Star Citizen, I just don't have that much faith in CryEngine taking them to where they hope to go, they're really going to have to get at the guts of it and have some really smart people make massive changes to it.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Beta Begins
32. Re: Elite Dangerous Beta Begins Jul 30, 2014, 15:20 DangerDog

I don't know how anyone couldn't be happy about the prospects of having a new Elite game being made.

Yes it's a "paid" beta/early access but this is going to be a niche game and I don't think they're making mad money just yet unlike Star Citizen - which we'll be luck to see it in the same shape as the Elite beta in 2015.

I backed both of them but my nostalgia factor is in full overdrive with Elite and boy am I happy with what they're making.

News Comments > Deep Silver Acquires Homefront from Crytek
7. Re: Deep Silver Acquires Homefront from Crytek Jul 30, 2014, 14:50 DangerDog

Whatever amount they paid, it was too much.

Next up on the auctioning block, Crysis? Or is that entangled with EA ownership?

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Euro Megaserver Migration
1. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Euro Megaserver Migration Jul 28, 2014, 22:36 DangerDog

Migration, so soon.

free to play can't be that far away.

News Comments > 36 Minutes of Rainbow Six Siege Footage
1. Re: 36 Minutes of Rainbow Six Siege Footage Jul 28, 2014, 16:34 DangerDog

Really only a game you could play with close friends, between the random stupid things you could do to grief other people and the advent of wallhacks and aimbots it wouldn't make for a good time pubbing.

Not to mention it's most likely player hosted with no host migration.

News Comments > GTA4 iCEnhancer Mod Author Taking a Break
11. Re: GTA4 iCEnhancer Mod Author Taking a Break Jul 28, 2014, 16:19 DangerDog

The best mods for this game are Xliveless which removes the games for windows live crap, felt like I got a performance boost by doing that too. First person view mod is really cool as well, mostly for when you're on foot.

The improved lighting is really nice in mods like this one but I turn off 80% of the rest of the "enhancements" like motion blur and bloom.

News Comments > NeonXSZ on Steam Next Month
2. Re: NeonXSZ on Steam Next Month Jul 28, 2014, 16:11 DangerDog

incoming lawsuit from DC comics for using Superman logo  

4471 Comments. 224 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo