Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5023 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 3, 2015, 17:29 DangerDog

Well, that's misleading. They combined the xbox one and windows version of the Kinect into one box.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Online Heists TV Spot
4. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Online Heists TV Spot Apr 3, 2015, 17:25 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 17:07:
GTA Hardline?

More like GTA Payday

No PvP cops vs robbers mode in GTA.

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow Preorders
5. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow Preorders Apr 3, 2015, 16:22 DangerDog

They've out priced the casual market (people like me), maybe I'll pick it up on a Steam sale but it would have to be a very good deal.  

News Comments > BF Hardline Patch Notes: Couch Nerf Incoming
20. Re: BF Hardline Patch Notes: Couch Nerf Incoming Apr 2, 2015, 17:20 DangerDog

It seems the damage model is fine for hardcore, so called normal mode can be brutal if you're migrating from BF3/BF4. It's the other "tweaks" they need to do to hardcore mode like the missing squad player list and whatnot that they need to address.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer
39. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer Apr 2, 2015, 16:20 DangerDog

Anyways, multiplayer? Instanced servers or PvP hosting? I imagine it's player hosted for the smaller co-op game modes perhaps? No anti-cheat? Are there any modes that are objective based or is it just Team Deathmatch city?

No chance of creating multiplayer mods I'm guessing.

38. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer Apr 2, 2015, 16:12 DangerDog

descender wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 16:00:
The GTA4 engine was severely CPU limited in it's performance, and there is little reason to expect this to be any different. Upgrading your video card before seeing it in action will probably prove unnecessary.

@DangerDog - You should be installing DanielK drivers for that soundblaster card

thanks, pretty sure those are for the older audigy cards. I have the OEM Soundblaster Z PCIe version.

18. Re: BF Hardline Patch Notes: Couch Nerf Incoming Apr 2, 2015, 15:55 DangerDog

Dacron wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 15:34:
GMG has had deals on it (with coupon codes) but I don't know if any are active atm.

I bought it, am upset they nerfed hardcore mode. It's just normal with no map / spotting. Still takes 4-5 rounds to kill, I'm use to hardcore being realistic, not conquest with no map.

Hardcore mode is so hardcore you don't even get to see who is in your squad!

I can't imagine anyone wanting even faster TTK than what's already in the game.

35. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer Apr 2, 2015, 15:50 DangerDog

Dacron wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 15:16:
Won't the x86 architecture prevent a shoddy release? Maybe I don't understand.

Xbox 1 / PS4 are x86, the same as a PC. Aside from the improvements, isn't the game optimized already for PC? GTA 4 was made for PS3, and Xbox (separately due to the cell cpu I believe) and the PC port (x86) was separate from those. Poor optimization of the PC version could be blamed.

But how is it possible with x86 systems running it well? I think I am confused or not getting it. Am I mistaken in the basics? I'm no programmer, this is all wiki driven essentially.

You have more overhead on a PC, then there's the bazillion different configurations and driver versions you need to address, not to mention the people who have way too many programs running in the background on their systems, anti-virus programs alone probably cause more gaming performance loss than anything else.

You can have two people with seemingly identical hardware specs but on one the game will throw DX errors and crash while it runs just fine on the other. (blame the game? blame the user?)

I recently did a rebuild of my OS install, thought it would be a good idea to refresh all my drivers etc. Installed the very latest version of soundcard drivers (SoundBlaster Z) and noticed that some sounds weren't playing in Battlefield Hardline, down graded my drivers to the ones I had been using on my previous OS install and like magic everything works just fine again.

15. Re: BF Hardline Patch Notes: Couch Nerf Incoming Apr 2, 2015, 15:26 DangerDog

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 15:19:
DangerDog wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 15:17:
I think there's more people doing that in game than are actually playing the game objective.
Good game design

In BF4 you had the whole "phantom program" where people had to decode secret messages in order to unlock skins and weapons - well the bow anyway. I think they saw this as a great success and wanted to emulate it for some of the weapon unlocks. Of course people are going to boost their way to getting them once the details are discovered. In BF4 you had servers dedicated as "no kill" zones looking for these hidden random dog tags on maps.

They've said that they intend to make it easier to get the achievements needed for the weapons but people will probably still want to boost their way to completing the objectives.

I don't mind meta games for unlocks but it's all on them for making them so retarded difficult to get.

12. Re: BF Hardline Patch Notes: Couch Nerf Incoming Apr 2, 2015, 15:20 DangerDog

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 13:50:
Brumbek wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 13:47:
Please begin flaming me now.
Actually I've been thinking of picking it up, looking for a deal.
I've been hearing good things about it, refreshing after the clusterfuck Ghost was

$40 at best buy and Amazon right now

10. Re: BF Hardline Patch Notes: Couch Nerf Incoming Apr 2, 2015, 15:17 DangerDog

Total-Khaos wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 11:09:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 10:35:
When an easter egg is more OP than all vehicles in the game... what does that tell us about the game?

Not only that, but wtf is a couch doing as a vehicle in the first place? How much retardery do they got going on over there at EA?

I think they were trying really hard to capture the vibe of GTA games where you have people doing odd-ball stuff like racing down mountains in grocery carts.

The game isn't bad but it's sort of turned into a bit of a flubbed release, at least on the PC. Too expensive, not everyone is on board with the fast time to kill damage model, some of the weapon unlock grinds are so stupid that people have actually created "no kill" servers where all you do is drive around the maps in cars gaining XP and maxing out a "perk" system that's just about impossible to do otherwise because the rounds end too fast.

I think there's more people doing that in game than are actually playing the game objective.

28. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer Apr 2, 2015, 15:08 DangerDog

Watch GTA V at 60FPS in a video that's playing at 30FPS.

I'm excited, another GTA game that I'll only manage to get about 1/3 through before moving on to another game.

News Comments > DiRT 3 Collection "With 100% Less GFWL"
6. Re: DiRT 3 Collection Apr 2, 2015, 05:26 DangerDog

InBlack wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 03:31:
With 100% less GFWL. Pure win.

something I'm sure the cracked version had day zero.

News Comments > Evolve DLC Adds Monster, Hunters, Observer Mode, and More
10. Re: Evolve DLC Adds Monster, Hunters, Observer Mode, and More Mar 31, 2015, 15:51 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 14:52:
Once all the DLC is in place, and there's a GOTY version, I'll pick this up. It'll be a good $10 purchase.

You're welcome to it but after playing the alpha/beta I've seen all there is to really see in this game. After a couple of hours it turns into a struggle to keep playing.

The concept on paper sounds decent enough but somewhere along the line they screwed it up in the design process. Imagine a 3D version of Rampage, being able to destroy an entire city filled with people you can step on, eat or burn to a crisp.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length
35. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length Mar 31, 2015, 15:40 DangerDog

As soon as I finish Skyrim I'll get right on this.  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Operator Trailer
15. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Operator Trailer Mar 30, 2015, 20:03 DangerDog

PvP matchmaking, most likely without host migration either.

always a recipe for disaster on the PC, at least the cheats are built in.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 30, 2015, 20:01 DangerDog

Sounds like it would be a fun thing to troll, especially the one where they send someone to you to demo the watch.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
38. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 30, 2015, 04:45 DangerDog

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 23:03:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 22:50:
GTA V need another delay announcement.

Watch. 3 days before release. "Sorry! Sorry! We gotta do it again. See you in June! :D"

Is ARMA 3 worth buying?

Arma 3? It's more a combined arms simulator than a game, you need a beefy rig to run it. Don't expect a normal FPS configuration, spacebar won't make you jump - there's no jump in the sim/game. If you want to get over a fence you use a "vault" command that plays an animation of your avatar stepping over something. To enjoy multiplayer you'll need to join a community that uses teamspeak when playing - more so with Arma than other shooters.

Best advice is to go watch some Youtube videos to get an idea if it's something you'll want to invest the time into.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
34. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 29, 2015, 22:50 DangerDog

GTA V need another delay announcement.  

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Beta Returns; Splash Damage Pulls Away from the Brink
11. Re: Dirty Bomb Beta Returns; Splash Damage Pulls Away from the Brink Mar 27, 2015, 15:40 DangerDog

I recall Brink having performance issues on ATI graphics cards, by the time they sorted it out the players had quit playing the game.

They should just release it for free, might be able to fill up that one lonely server left online.

http://www.gametracker.com/search/brink/US/

5023 Comments. 252 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo