Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5025 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
178. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 23:48 DangerDog

So close though, seems like a simple thing to allow for the slider to go a little bit higher.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

176. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 13, 2015, 23:29 DangerDog

Krovven wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 23:17:
DangerDog wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 22:55:
JohnBirshire wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 21:18:
Come on Rockstar, this isn't the frickin console version! FOV is so absurd, it literally feels like you are looking through binoculars.

Anybody know how to adjust? *facepalm*

looked at the settings file, no mention of FOV. I guess it'll require someone to mod it. Looks like it maxes out at 80, your weapon doesn't scale either.

I also find the camera options for the car rather weak, no bumper cam view They over did the camera bob when you use "hood" view and it's not centered.

There is an FoV slider in the options. But I guess it's easier to be stupid or jump to conclusions than look for yourself.

First person is a welcome change from previous GTA games and they even put in a slider to adjust your FOV angle but it doesn't go high enough, it feels like it maxes out at 80.

171. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 13, 2015, 22:55 DangerDog

JohnBirshire wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 21:18:
Come on Rockstar, this isn't the frickin console version! FOV is so absurd, it literally feels like you are looking through binoculars.

Anybody know how to adjust? *facepalm*

looked at the settings file, no mention of FOV. I guess it'll require someone to mod it. Looks like it maxes out at 80, your weapon doesn't scale either.

I also find the camera options for the car rather weak, no bumper cam view They over did the camera bob when you use "hood" view and it's not centered.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Editor Video
2. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Editor Video Apr 13, 2015, 21:30 DangerDog

Starting Forest Gump

I wish they put this kind of effort into releasing mission and mod tools for the game.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 12, 2015, 22:09 DangerDog

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 21:41:
Grokk wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 20:38:
I really wish I could justify getting this for PC. I have it on PS3 and PS4 already.

I just don't think it will hold my interest long enough for online to play out.
I love the single player game, but multiplayer has always been a bit iffy at best in my opinion.

I have it on 360 and ps3....can't wait to play with my pc friends online. Private server, no griefers. Going to be awesome.

what? how do you do a private server? 32 friends exactly and you all join at once? Can you limit your game to just friends?

I don't have any clue how multiplayer works in this game.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
5. Re: Sunday Mobilization Apr 12, 2015, 17:48 DangerDog

Don't they already have a million pre-orders for the Apple watch?

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 12, 2015, 17:26 DangerDog

Ant wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 16:07:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 15:22:
Wow. So good to see Elite Dangerous on there. My faith in mankind has been partly restored .
Maybe Linux and Mac OS X ports will bump it to #1.

No Linux port planed from what I've read. The mac os port was one of the kickstarter goals, I guess there are a few HOTAS setups that work on macs. I don't know about head tracking though, which adds a ton of immersion to the game/sim.

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 12, 2015, 17:19 DangerDog

I didn't have any problems with R* social download other that being extremely slow.

I'm expecting a cluster **** on release day. Has there been any mention of needing to always be online to play single player? Does it phone home on start up?

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: 7 new hardware technologies for Windows 10 PCs. Apr 12, 2015, 16:45 DangerDog

I'm not a huge fan of cancer so no way and hell would I have any wireless powered devices / chargers. Good luck to people who live in confined spaces shared with people who think it's the best thing ever.

funny they didn't mention VR/AR devices which will most likely benefit greatly from DX12

News Comments > Call of Duty Black Ops III Reveal This Month
4. Re: Call of Duty Black Ops III Reveal This Month Apr 9, 2015, 15:54 DangerDog

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 15:40:
Something tells me they won't see the PC sales they have in the past. They dun f'd up AW.

I don't know BO II was a lot of fun and had the best PC support out of any of the CoD games for a long time now.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Cinematic
32. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Cinematic Apr 8, 2015, 22:51 DangerDog

NKD wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 17:06:
DangerDog wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 16:55:
I hope it's not another game ruined by "shaky cam" gameplay like they did with kane and lynch 2.

Where did you come up with Kane & Lynch 2? It came out before Human Revolution, and was made by IO Interactive not Eidos Montreal. Why would Kane & Lynch have anything to do with this game?

I guess because it was published by Square Enix and I got a vibe of shaky cam while watching the trailer.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Preloads
45. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Preloads Apr 8, 2015, 17:03 DangerDog

Using Rockstar's social club client to download the pre-load varies in speed from an abysmal 100kb/s to topping off at around 3.5 mb/s.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Cinematic
23. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Cinematic Apr 8, 2015, 16:55 DangerDog

I hope it's not another game ruined by "shaky cam" gameplay like they did with kane and lynch 2.  

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Early Access This Month
6. Re: Killing Floor 2 Early Access This Month Apr 8, 2015, 16:47 DangerDog

Looks very polished but hoard mode games don't do much for me.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 144Hz Netcode Update Coming
17. Re: Battlefield 4 144Hz Netcode Update Coming Apr 7, 2015, 15:33 DangerDog

Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 14:40:
I agree.

One of the reasons that I didn't get Hardline was because none of the CTE improvements that came out a few months ago for BF4 were included (Plus the BF3/4 launches were terrible). I played the beta briefly and when I saw that there were no individual sensitivity sliders for different sights, I deleted the game.

People say that the "netcode" in HL is much better than in BF4 but I tend to assume that those people don't know what they're talking about because I also hear from veterans that the netcode in HL is just as bad as it was in BF4 in the first few months. There's a lot of talk about TTK (time to kill) in Hardline and I tend to think that it would be caused by poor netcode/tick-rate. I'll be surprised if this update makes a bit of difference. I hope it does, but we'll have to wait and see.

Thanks for the reply.

Hardline servers run at 30hz, I still get the occasional death while thinking I've made it to cover and trade kill at least once or twice per match. They made the TTK faster in Hardline to try to differentiate themselves from BF4 and to quell the pitchfork crowd crying "BF4 mod". I can understand why they did it but I don't think having it faster makes it better - for normal mode anyway, I see many people complain about it before rage quitting.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
13. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 7, 2015, 14:19 DangerDog

Microsoft is still screwing over PC users by trying to maintain a death grip on their walled garden Metro app Store distribution system.

They need to allow people to install "Modern" apps from anywhere like you can for desktop apps.

All the retarded masses can keep using the MS Store to get their scamware and the rest of us can bypass if we want.

the-windows-store-is-a-cesspool-of-scams-why-doesnt-microsoft-care

News Comments > Battlefield 4 144Hz Netcode Update Coming
14. Re: Battlefield 4 144Hz Netcode Update Coming Apr 7, 2015, 14:00 DangerDog

Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 10:32:
I hope that this is for console as well. The guy in the video mentions PC but not PS4/Xbone. I tend to play on PS4 mostly these days.

I read in an dev interview that the reason they had a low send rate from the client to the server (and vice versa) was due to bandwidth limitations imposed on consoles (xbox for sure) to maintain a low amount of network bandwidth usage.

Everything blooms from that point upward when it comes to designing games, developers like DICE seem to concentrate on insuring the game is consistent across all platforms with only minor tweaks to different platforms.

It's funny to hear Viseral involved with this update since for the most part BF Hardline has seemingly failed to find an audience on the PC and is still lacking many of the improvements that have made their way to BF4 already.

I bet they put a cap of 60Hz on the send updates (which is what this really is) the servers still run at 30hz and I don't think that's going to change.

News Comments > Amazon Crytek Deal?
8. Re: Amazon Crytek Deal? Apr 6, 2015, 22:34 DangerDog

Are they still a thing with their free to play shooter in Russia?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: What will office desktop computing look like in 2020? Apr 6, 2015, 17:33 DangerDog

A bluetooth mouse and keyboard tethered to your smartphone or tablet that you use to control a remote access view to a virtual "desktop", some sort of google glass type device will provide you with the display technology so you don't go blind trying to get work done on a 6" screen.  

News Comments > Project Reality Devs Announce Squad
11. Re: Project Reality Devs Announce Squad Apr 6, 2015, 17:18 DangerDog

They've been wanting to strike out on their own for a long time, I think they even tried to negotiate to license the refractor engine from DICE but... no dice.

They won a free license to Torque 3D but I imagine they passed on using it because of the amount of work needed to just make it look good.

Essentially they need to remake all the assets (vehicles, soldiers, weapons, effects, sounds and animations) that were already available in BF2.

I don't know how they intend to keep cheaters from ruining the experience and I'm also concerned that they take the "realism" thing too far and cross the threshold from being fun to being outright frustrating. They really need to nail the shooter experience and I don't know if they can do that at the AAA level it needs to be - otherwise it's just another mod for Unreal posing as a game.

5025 Comments. 252 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo