Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5363 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 19, 2015, 05:36 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 03:07:
InBlack wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 02:49:
No. 1 bestselling game all week hasn't even been released yet. I wonder how many of those who bought in on the hype will be completely underwhelmed and disappointed once the game ships?

Hmm, I preordered 10 copies and plan on selling them on ebay at 100% markup. Will I get burned?

Did you buy them for $10? I'll take a copy if so

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Oct 18, 2015, 01:05 DangerDog

I'll watch a clip of Conan doing something stupid every once an awhile but that's about it.  

News Comments > EA Account Details Leaked
23. Re: EA Account Details Leaked Oct 17, 2015, 05:56 DangerDog

TheVocalMinority wrote on Oct 17, 2015, 01:04:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 17, 2015, 00:31:

TheVocalMinority wrote on Oct 17, 2015, 00:30:

Please, tell me again how awesome your digital handcuffs are.

Please tell us again when you last played a game that wasn't made in 1994.

Erm, plenty of games made after 1994 that don't come bundled with malware dude. But yeah it's terrible I can't play all the COOL games because I have enough self respect not to install software that abuses me - I cry myself to sleep every night because of it*.

* no, not really.

You have a most appropriate username, I must say.

9. Re: EA Account Details Leaked Oct 16, 2015, 22:54 DangerDog

My interactions with EA customer support has been a 5 star experience, they've even given me free games before. Like, here's a free game for your trouble.  

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2015, 22:50 DangerDog

I saw a tweet by him telling someone else to "get cancer and die"

oops

[url=https://images.encyclopediadramatica.se/thumb/5/53/TotalBiscuit_Tells_Seanza_To_Get_Cancer_And_Die.jpg/500px-TotalBiscuit_Tells_Seanza_To_Get_Cancer_And_Die.jpg[/url]

damn, the internet never forgets or forgives (usually)

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailers; New Mode Revealed
3. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailers; New Mode Revealed Oct 16, 2015, 21:43 DangerDog

Wetworks24 wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 20:42:
I've never bought a Cod game before, but this might be my first. Mainly for the co-op campaign and co-op zombies mode. I usually played Planetside or BF for my mp shooter fix.

You can get BOPs 3 pretty cheap from a key site, but with Battlefront and Overwatch beta releasing around the same time I'm not 100% sure on getting it now.

I keep reading anecdotal stories about how grey market key sites are a no go zone, if the game is region locked I don't see how they could be selling keys so cheap for other markets like the US and UK.

1. Re: EA Account Details Leaked Oct 16, 2015, 20:20 DangerDog

Be sure to enable two step authentication, you have to enter a security code sent to your email address when you login or make any changes to your account. A minor inconvenience.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Landing Video
22. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Landing Video Oct 16, 2015, 16:42 DangerDog

I thought I read it showing in their financial statement where they were making more money on mobile games than anything Elite Dangerous was pulling in.

The amount of science they're using to make these planetoids is impressive but even more impressive is the way they've implemented the physics of the buggy from that video. If all they manage to release before the end of the year is the ability to land and drive around on these rocks with your buggy I'll be happy.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced
33. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 15, 2015, 16:18 DangerDog

ASeven wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 14:23:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7QG7gHoSk0

This guy hits it on the spot. Pretty but without any depth whatsoever.

Again another youtuber who wanted Battlefield Star Wars edition and not Super Casual Star Wars shooter game.

I'm not that convinced the Battlefield game structure would work that well for Star Wars, trying to recreate scenes from the movie while attempting to have "balance" doesn't really work unless you either add a ton of stuff that would throw off the vibe of what was in the movies or you do some really far out things like give the rebel side AT-AT's as well. I mean they've obviously have made creative adjustments to the battle of Hoth by adding in the extra space ships but it's not to the point of ruining the "movie" theme completely.

It's definitely a flash in the pan type of game, couple months of intense interest and then it'll fall off the radar almost completely. As for not preordering, well it's on sale right now at GMG for $45 and I doubt you'll see it less than that for a good four or five months after release, do they even have boxed copies of PC games anymore? (no black friday sale for PC gamers I'm guessing) The console gamers are screwed for sure and in no way is it worth $60 plus tax but for $45 I intend to get enough entertainment value out of it.

I'm actually more interested in the game than I am in the new movie, I think the new movie isn't going to live up to the insane amount of hype around it.

I like the fact that the game is 100% original trilogy content, you don't have everyone running around using force powers and light sabers like it's a rave party, it's not a game that will feel like a second job where you need to churn through massive hours of game time to unlock stuff. Sure it's casual as hell but the flip side of it is that when you have things like massive weapon recoil or breathing mechanics you just encourage cheaters to bypass that stuff anyway.

This is probably the last what I would call "classic" Star Wars game (depressing isn't it), from here on out it'll undoubtedly focus on the new movies with the god awful Stormtrooper redesigns and weak characters, nothing is going to compare to good old Darth Vader, Luke, Han, Boba Fett etc.

This comment was edited on Oct 15, 2015, 16:43.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Agility Video
2. Re: Fallout 4 Agility Video Oct 14, 2015, 22:39 DangerDog

$250? where is that.

It's $31 from Russian cd-key dealers but it's probably region locked.

23. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 14, 2015, 22:22 DangerDog

KTR wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 21:44:
The game is made for babies after all. They require hand holding every step of the way.

Some of us are just too damn old to get down on the floor and play with action figures, that's what this game is.. virtual action figures.

they even have a thing where you unlock a pictorial diorama of "toys" in the game, that's their word for it too, "toys".

18. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 14, 2015, 21:02 DangerDog

I can see them blocking off areas where people were able to get to but really shouldn't, up top around the ion cannon.

I imagine they'll also prevent imperials from using the rebel turrets, change the spawn points some and fix the issue where the speeder quicktime event can result in crashing into a rock, but that's about it.

anyone expecting wide sweeping changes like a server browser or changing the two man squad system to four or five people, that's not going to happen.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
46. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2015, 05:58 DangerDog

Creston wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 10:27:
Out of curiosity, which registry hack do you use to do a clean install with an upgrade version of 7? I still have an upgrade version of 7 lying around, wouldn't mind reinstalling it on an old box.

Thanks

I used these instructions when I did mine

[url=http://winsupersite.com/article/windows-7/clean-install-windows-7-with-upgrade-media-128512[/url]

I've had good luck with getting activation keys from here

https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/

News Comments > 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta
65. Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 21:07 DangerDog

but do you all join on the same team? there's no way to switch teams, at least in the beta.

62. Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 20:21 DangerDog

MacLeod wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 19:52:
My favorite news about the game that shows their idiocy. They've said that the game will not have in-game voice-chat. They said there's enough third party software if you want to chat with your friends... of course there's a problem with this logic. I can only join the game with ONE friend. The rest of the team is fucking random!

It's an anti clan game, no pub stomping allowed. You can't have a bunch of guys in teamspeak saying everyone join on x server and then team stacking the hell out of it.

I've been there done that, it's fun but unfair as fuck for the other team getting their shit pushed in.

It's also anti e-sport which I'm fine with as well.

54. Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 19:02 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 18:46:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 16:03:
For all the supposed play testing and focus group feedback they've been doing (for the past six months at least) it's rather surprising how unbalanced and broken the gameplay was in the game. Even the pod drop game mode saw the rebels at a disadvantage with seemingly spawning them much further away from the objective than the empire side.

are you kidding me!?

first of all the pod drops are RANDOM, so no side has an "advantage", oh also the level is the size of a shoe box.

second, the default skins the rebels wear blends in PERFECTLY with that level, meanwhile the stormtroopers with their pure white "camo" stick out like a sore thumb. The rebels has a distinct advantage in that respect. no more 3D spotting remember? no one comments on how great THAT is. nor the fast spawns, the fast regen, or anything else that makes FPS games FUN.

i swear... did half of you even play the game?

The pod drops are at set points around the map, the only random thing is which one is picked.

When you were killed trying to defend the pod as a rebel you spawned further away from the objective than the corresponding imperial trooper. I played plenty of Pod Drop and that's the way it felt to me, I always felt that when playing as a storm trooper I had an easier time at winning the round. It would be interesting to see the statistical data on it.

Another omission that hopefully will be fixed in final is the ability to pick a teammate, if the game didn't auto assign you to someone then you couldn't choose another person if that player left the game or you weren't assigned a teammate to begin with.

Most people were really clueless about how the mode was played, they didn't seem to know that the pod opened up after capture and deployed power ups.

It was my favorite mode in the beta, not looking forward to kill streak cards though. If they have call of duty perks like call down a probe droid after 10 kill streak or crap like that, ugh.

47. Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 17:23 DangerDog

Tumbler wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 16:59:
I was shocked to find that playing on the PS4 was just as hard as playing on the pc.

Were you playing the game in 3rd person view, if not then there's your answer. They only put the first person view in as a checkbox item, the game is 110% a 3rd person shooter.

34. Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 16:08 DangerDog

Kxmode wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 15:50:
fawker wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 15:13:
pre-ordered it for $45 off GMG

no rahgrets

There are no refunds for game codes. At least if you preorder from Steam you have the option to get a refund.

Actually EA had their refund system in place before Steam. You have to make your request within the first 24 hours of launching the game in the first seven days of the game's release. You could essentially play the game for 20+ hours and then go "nope, don't want it".

33. Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 16:03 DangerDog

General consensuses: Thanks for letting us play the "demo" looking forward to Fallout 4

For all the supposed play testing and focus group feedback they've been doing (for the past six months at least) it's rather surprising how unbalanced and broken the gameplay was in the game. Even the pod drop game mode saw the rebels at a disadvantage with seemingly spawning them much further away from the objective than the empire side.

Somebody not spending ten minutes to add in an out of bounds blocking volume to the top section of the walker assault map where you had players able to jetpack to the top of the ion cannon and literally spawn kill the enemy was another head shaking moment.

Hiding behind the "it's beta" label doesn't cut it because this was their one chance to get the attention of nine million potential customers.

Once you get over the Star Wars nostalgia and take a good look at the game it's going to lack long term replayability, maybe that's all intentional as the shelf life of multiplayer games are getting shorter and shorter.

Some people loved it, some people will still pick it up because it's "Star Wars" and undoubtedly even more will pick it up because of the massive hype around the new movie. Maybe they can redeem themselves by fixing all the glaring gameplay issues, if you were turned off by the casualness of it all then I wouldn't expect anything to change it that regard.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Modes and Season Pass Detailed
24. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Modes and Season Pass Detailed Oct 13, 2015, 05:58 DangerDog

Julio wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 04:31:
I love the "DLC shortages" writeup. Buy now before it's sold out!

Unfortunately this game is a poorly done licensed game which is the equivalent of virtual whack-a-mole. Dead on arrival.

I find your lack of faith in the hype of all things Star Wars disturbing.

5363 Comments. 269 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo