Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 3951 (Veteran)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
10. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 11, 2013, 13:38 DangerDog

This makes for a good argument against purchasing "season passes" for yet to be released DLC for games.

That can't be much longer playtime then the demo for Bioshock 1, and there's probably at least 15 minutes of cinematic setup before you're actually playing.

Very few people would judge a movie based on how long it is.

Unless we're talking about some sort of action packed short movie experience at an amusement park I don't see people willing to spend $9 to watch a ten minute short film.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Windows 8.1 Mouse Fix
1. Re: Windows 8.1 Mouse Fix Nov 10, 2013, 13:33 DangerDog

Not sure but I think this also fixes the issues with Steelseries mouse & keyboard drivers.  

News Comments > AMD Beta Driver Addresses R9 290 Variances
13. Re: AMD Beta Driver Addresses R9 290 Variances Nov 8, 2013, 14:13 DangerDog

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 13:59:

AMD parts and heat issues? You don't say!

To be fair I understand the GTX 480 was hot and loud as well, I missed out on that drama but neither AMD or Nvidia are strangers to poorly designed hardware.

News Comments > AMD Beta Driver Addresses R9 290 Variances
12. Re: AMD Beta Driver Addresses R9 290 Variances Nov 8, 2013, 14:08 DangerDog

tony wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 10:08:
Translation: We will make sure the fan runs at "bone saw setting" at all times because we are pushing this chip as hard as we can to compete with GK110 and we didn't put any effort into the cooling system.

That pretty much sums up the 290(X) cards, until they release custom cooler solutions for these the reference cooler is an amazingly poor match.

I held off getting a graphics card for months after building a new system, all the hype around this card was what drove me to hold off. I was expecting it to be a loud card given the blower cooler design but I wasn't expecting the temps to be so high. AMD saying the card is designed to run at 95C is bullshit, it throttles down some 200 to 400 mhz when it hits those temps in a matter of minutes of running a game. Even if the components on the card can take that level of heat for extended period of time I sure as hell can't.

With non-reference coolers you're most likely just trading sources of noise from the fans on the card to needing to crank up your case fans RPM's to exchange all that hot air being dumped into your case - I haven't seen any non-reference cooler that isn't open air. Either way you're still dealing with 95C temps, perhaps welcome in cold winter months but good luck when summer hits.

Sticking with green team again, AMD can continue being the underdog and I hope they stick around because without them Nvidia would kill off PC gaming by forcing $900 graphics card prices.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Matchmaking Workaround
43. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Matchmaking Workaround Nov 6, 2013, 15:51 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 15:27:
Dacron wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 14:33:
$1billion in shipped units, including unreleased xbox one/ps4 copies. Consumers have not bought $1bln worth of ghosts, retailers bought that many and are sitting on shelves/storage.

Gamespot article on it

Thanks, Dac. That gives me hope. Perhaps we're finally seeing the beginning of the end of this franchise. I don't mind these games (I don't love them either, but I own a few of the older ones), but they suck up a lot of oxygen that could be used to make better games.

#1 on Steam right now.

Seems to have about as many players as most new Call of Duty games have on the Steam Game leader board, almost 37k peek today.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Matchmaking Workaround
26. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Matchmaking Workaround Nov 6, 2013, 13:25 DangerDog

KTR wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 11:44:
Rofl, seta cl_maxPing "800"...your Quake 3 is showing. So nextgen!

"brand new engine"

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Ghosts
37. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Ghosts Nov 5, 2013, 16:51 DangerDog

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 16:44:
Kosumo wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 14:53:
Why should SpectralMeat be able to get his money back? He brought it the day it was released

I'm not religious over my next comment but why not? Pretty much any other purchase you can get a refund. You can see it's not because he played it all and is trying to rip anyone off. Heck he's actually an ideal customer in terms of acting immediately on impulse and buying. Why should Activision/Steam be proud of taking money from someone who is immediately disappointed with a product?

Now something I'm more religious about... When the fuck is the memo going to make it to these developers that a lot of PC gamers want FOV choice? Should be an unquestioned slider nowadays. What is the fuckin hang up here?

Especially when you have a game published under the same franchise name, I don't care if they have two or ten dev studios working on the game there should be consistency. Black Ops II had it, so should this one.

28. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Ghosts Nov 5, 2013, 14:40 DangerDog

I used it for MW2 & MW3, I never heard of anyone getting banned.  

25. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Ghosts Nov 5, 2013, 14:22 DangerDog

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 10:20:
I made the mistake to buy it.

After about 30 minutes of MP this morning my first impression is that I should have thrown my money out the window, would have been a better investment. What a pile of shit this game is my goodness.
I was playing some Black Ops 1 a few days ago and it had better graphics, smoother movement, and better more satisfying gunplay then Ghost.
The FOV is probably at like 50. The game looks like a complete ass. Seriously looks worst then Black Ops 1.
Not to mention the usual you put a clip into someone they do not die, just turn around and single shot you in the head.

Fuck I wish I could get my money back somehow.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=192181636#

fov fix, not sure if that download link will stay up so here it is in case it gets "foxed", apparently Activision already told the tool creator to take down his dl link.

https://mega.co.nz/#!kZllzAqZ!EAFSAzvG2AjI7iIBZzEEICFh4C5pgpYMotmgETsgBwg

http://fourdeltaone.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=52950

Download: [link removed due to a friendly threat from everyone's favorite publishing firm]

It wouldn't be an IW release without some really awesome drama!

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Known Issues
47. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 22:37 DangerDog

Those Battlefront games were made by Pandemic Studios, who I never though were really that great of developers.

I think EA studios is doing the new one with the Frostbyte engine, I'm not sure how much DICE is involved with it but I can't see them making 2143 as it would be in direct competition with EA. Mirrors Edge 2 is their next big game at DICE, I think.

43. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 20:00 DangerDog

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 16:12:

I just refuse to support a hidden subscription fee by charging $120.00 up front for a game we haven't seen, don't know what DLC is, a re-skinned game with some new gimmicks, and almost annual releases.

It is insulting, if they want to do this, they should Kickstart it.

I purchased the game like I usually do, around $48 mark with a discount coupon from one of the various online e-tailers. It's not a subscription, even if you add Premium together with the retail copy of BF4 it's right at the same price if you purchased BF2 and all the DLC for it.

I usually get hundreds of hours of gameplay out of Battlefield games, 28 hours on your BF3 profile I can see that it's not really your bag.

I was hoping for BF2143 myself, I doubt we'll see a military BF5 next year now that EA is working on the 'Star Wars' Battlefield game.

News Comments > Steam Box Previews
27. Re: Steam Box Previews Nov 4, 2013, 15:58 DangerDog

Perhaps the perception that OpenGL isn't up to speed as much as DirectX is related to driver issues.

[url=https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2013/09/26/dolphin-emulator-and-opengl-drivers-hall-fameshame/]

31. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 15:45 DangerDog

I'm not getting any sound bugs on my Sound Blaster Z card. The sound effects are one of the more impressive aspects of BF4.

I think I have it set to Headphone audio in game, that's my preferred way of listening to gunfire and explosions without annoying anyone around me.

26. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 14:41 DangerDog

Joss wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 14:30:
Frags4Fun wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 11:57:
..Fair Fight is garbage.
Pardon me, but is this a real server setting thing?!

apparently they're trying to automate eliminating cheaters from the game, a good idea but they're not using enough data to determine guilt.

I would think accuracy of head shot kills and distance from target would be better metrics to go off of, of course whatever system they eventually settle on will just be 'gamed' by the people who make the cheats.

people are reporting getting banned from the game completely because of this, that's pretty harsh punishment without some sort of human oversight.

25. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 14:32 DangerDog

Trevellian wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 14:03:

The flare is definitely not 3000 grenade kills.
I know because I have it unlocked. It definitely took a lot of kills/assist points to unlock. But you finally get it only to realize it's absolutely useless. Oh boy, I can toss a flare to light up an area. What map is that useful on? None.

oh, that's what it said in the battlelog section. I mistook one for a laser pointer and started shooting at it, the guy was actually prone a few feet back down a hallway and killed me.

News Comments > Steam Box Previews
5. Re: Steam Box Previews Nov 4, 2013, 14:18 DangerDog

Corsair Carbide Air 540, heck even my old Antec 280 case is chambered for the power supply and hard drives split from the motherboard / cpu / graphics card.

They're forgetting one thing, dust - which kills performance and from looking at that case design won't be easy to clean out.

Blower fans on GPU coolers are loud, there's just no getting around it and I'm suspicious of there being enough air flow into the case to keep GPU temps down using just the fan on the GPU alone. You just know some people are going to put this thing into a shelf unit with their other (hot) stereo receiver and shut the glass door on it.

News Comments > Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans
29. Re: Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans Nov 4, 2013, 14:05 DangerDog

These are the same idiots that said a console controller is the only and best way to play an FPS.

They're nothing but trollbait.

20. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 14:01 DangerDog

BF3 is going to be hard to keep alive, they should just release all DLC to anyone with a copy of BF3 so that servers can open up the map rotation for every map.

That won't happen but it would be nice.

18. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 13:45 DangerDog

I don't envy Dice's position, marketing bearing down on them to release before Call of Duty frenzy and right on top of two new consoles and a rather major release update to Windows 8.

Given the massive challenge to support the jigsaw-puzzle PC configurations alone it's amazing that the game works even as buggy as it is.

I guess I just got lucky with my PC puzzle pieces as I haven't experienced anything as frustrating inducing as what I've read on the forums. Not everyone is crashing, I saw someone using flare grenade type last night and it's suppose to unlock after you've made 3000 grenade kills or something.

I mostly played single player for the first couple of days and avoided the server crash issue for the most part, I do have to say that once again Dice doesn't really have a grasp on how to do a single player Battlefield game. It's far to few and between where you are given even a medium sized sandbox experience. They didn't clutter it with too many 'quicktime events' but way too many dialog cut scenes and various other bits where the game takes over your movement - even for extremely odd bits like climbing a small flight of stairs just so they can show off some more stylized animation of grabbing hand rails. So many recycled assets, perhaps an artifact of still designing around legacy consoles. A room full of Navy soldiers all with the same exact head model is rather sad.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Trailer
2. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Trailer Nov 3, 2013, 12:59 DangerDog

It has AI fish, that is the main attraction.

they react to the player swimming near them and everything.

NEXT GEN!

3951 Comments. 198 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo