Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4836 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Evolve Skin Costs Tallied
5. Re: Evolve Skin Costs Tallied Feb 11, 2015, 20:43 DangerDog

If people want to throw money at the developers because I guess they really like them or something, go for it.

The silly thing is that putting on fancy outfits for your hunters only benefits other people because only they can see it, aside from maybe a few cut scenes and perhaps looking at your dead character in kill cam you don't really even see what you look like.

For some, i'm sure this would drive their OCD into overdrive because they have to have everything in the game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Patch
2. Re: Elite: Dangerous Patch Feb 10, 2015, 22:27 DangerDog

They have stations with landing pads on the outside of them. This is more like 2001 Space Odyssey, not Star Wars.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Evolve
35. Re: Ship Ahoy - Evolve Feb 10, 2015, 17:35 DangerDog

I know right, but seriously that trailer is some deceptive "we wish our game look and played like this" advertising.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 10, 2015, 15:24 DangerDog

I didn't think it sold that well, maybe it was a bigger deal on xbox because of the lack of games.

It would be cool if they did something more co-op campaign like for the story mode I suppose.

26. Re: Ship Ahoy - Evolve Feb 10, 2015, 15:11 DangerDog

DarkCntry wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 15:09:
I find it enjoyable, like I do most of the games I play.

I had the disposable income to purchase the $100 version cause I could.

Performance hasn't had any issues.

Bugs, outside of the loss of cursor, have been pretty much non-existent.

Solo play is great if you want to level up your character before going into multi.

It's a form of entertainment that I find entertaining, so yea.

cool dude, buy me a copy and you'll have at least one other guy to play with.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

from the look of the player population for the game you're going to need a hand full of friends to keep the ball rolling.

22. Re: Ship Ahoy - Evolve Feb 10, 2015, 14:59 DangerDog

Rattlehead wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 12:41:
Has anyone here played it yet? How is it? It's been getting good reviews.

LOL it is?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/273350/reviews/

I know that's just page after page of people raging over the DLC marketing nonsense, most are reviews of the alpha gameplay but has it really changed that much from then? The "theme" of the game sounded okay on paper, I think somewhere along the way it didn't quite "evolve" into a fun game though.

Let's take a classic monster game like the arcade classic Rampage, you get to be a monster, smashing buildings, eating people now imagine if you could have something like that in a Grand Theft Auto type setting where you have four people trying to take down a monster that's actually doing classic monster things in environments that are full of wonderful over the top destruction with little AI computer people running from you while you stomp them into the ground, swallow them whole or turn a whole crowd into a mini monster BBQ buffet with your fire breathing creature. You could still have your sci-fi setting for your "hunters".

What they've created here though is an arena based, spastic, button mashing fighting game where they thought that for some strange reason would make an awesome e-sports game? what?

19. Re: Ship Ahoy - Evolve Feb 10, 2015, 14:36 DangerDog

Holy false advertising batman!

Their "launch trailer" has just trumped all of the B.S. marketing Gearbox pulled on Aliens Colonial Marines, in fact this makes Randy Pitcford look like a stand up honest guy by comparison.

not a single "*actual gameplay not shown" disclaimer.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 10, 2015, 14:15 DangerDog

Titanfall 2?

*blinks*

why?

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Lost Contact Found
4. Re: Alien: Isolation Lost Contact Found Feb 10, 2015, 13:57 DangerDog

Even if they had recycled most of the areas from the main game a better experience would have been to have had them be single player story DLC from different character perspectives.

I still want to play Newt during the initial Alien outbreak on LV426 up to the point of being "rescued" by the marines.

News Comments > Interstellar Marines Free Weekend
8. Re: Interstellar Marines Free Weekend Feb 10, 2015, 00:39 DangerDog

have they added the walking sharks to the game?  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Beta Details
35. Re: Battlefield Hardline Beta Details Feb 9, 2015, 23:48 DangerDog

I suppose there are people who do pay the full suggested retail price but it doesn't take that much ingenuity to find better prices and I'm not talking about shady cd-key venders. GMG constantly runs at least 20% off codes on a revolving basis.

I don't even care about the single player, I'll play it but it's just a light snack compared to the main entree which is multiplayer.

29. Re: Battlefield Hardline Beta Details Feb 9, 2015, 17:08 DangerDog

harlock wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 16:58:
yeh its just inconsistent - you can blow up walls on plenty of those buildings

Just a few, it's only a bad thing because it was so much damn fun in Bad Company 2 to just use your grenade launcher to "make a hole".

[anmilhamCreative Director BFH 11 points 5 days ago

Here's what all say. Everything comes from one big bucket, performance-wise. Given that explosives are much more rare in our game, we made trade offs on some maps where we thought we could spend that performance somewhere else.

When something is destructible, it means it can't be an occluder to help the renderer, and the destruction states themselves are very expensive.

So it depends on what we're going for. I will say we do have maps where it's much more prominent. "The Block" is an example where we made micro and macro destruction part of the point of the map and planned for it. It features many destructible walls and has fully destructible (as in, to the ground) buildings.

so the lack of destruction on some of the maps is down to performance issues, if you recall in Bad Company 2 they had lots of occlusion with the maps broken up into zones and they were almost all long and narrow with limited view distance.

27. Re: Battlefield Hardline Beta Details Feb 9, 2015, 16:47 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 15:53:

actually they did a complete overhaul of destruction, they removed virtually all of it. there's no micro destruction, there's no macro destruction. you can shoot out windows and doors, and some rooftops and boarded up windows, but that's about it. feels a lot more "oldskool" this way, and i'm not against it at all. *edit* oh i see what you were saying, no that's not going to change with any patches.

I thought the same thing at first but then I took another look and there's plenty of micro destruction, it's less obvious at first because everyone is just focusing on being able to bring buildings down to their foundation - which you can't. If you shoot any of the decorations inside the homes on dust bowl something is going to happen, chairs fall apart, the oven gets wrecked, the TV set blows up, cardboard boxes explode.

The problem is the lack of consistency, you can jump through the windows at the hotel and you'll break through them like an action scene from a movie, in the other homes scattered around you can't break the window frame even with explosives.

It's still better destruction than most games offer which is nothing or next to it.

23. Re: Battlefield Hardline Beta Details Feb 9, 2015, 15:43 DangerDog

I doubt anyone bothered to unlock the tracer gun, I know I didn't.

They just need to take away the auto lock on of the stinger or rebalance it so that the tracer gun is much faster to lock and without it takes a bit more time.

To really get the best experience out of this Battlefield you're going to need to get some friends to play together. Even some of the unlock systems are geared around having a friend "boost" you while playing the game to get the achievement needed to unlock weapons.

Basically you need to have someone playing the hacker to give your squad access to the higher perk levels, I think the medic/operator requires you go get to level 3 or 4 in 10 different matches. Good luck just doing that playing the game lone wolf.

I'm going to pick it up, despite GTA V releasing the following week. The beta/demo of the game was working just fine for me, even if it just released in the state of the beta I would be just fine with that.

I'm sure they'll fix some of the more serious issues, people expecting a complete overhaul on things like vehicle phsysics or level destruction - that's just not going to happen.

edit: looks like they've already released a patch for it on PC.

News Comments > 3GB Evolve Day One Patch Detailed
15. Re: 3GB Evolve Day One Patch Detailed Feb 8, 2015, 19:44 DangerDog

Remember when even on consoles they had to meet strict requirements before given "gold" status, I guess the console makers have gone lax on their patch size limitations and frequency of updates.  

11. Re: 3GB Evolve Day One Patch Detailed Feb 8, 2015, 15:18 DangerDog

deadearth wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 13:29:
I swear, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

In this day of digital distribution 'going gold' is meaningless. Berating developers for a day one patch is idiotic (especially for an online multiplayer game).

I guess these guys should have done nothing but sit on the hands after going gold?

How about don't rush your game to market if it's not ready yet? I doubt this massive patch alters the gameplay enough to make a difference so 3GB of technical glitch fixing doesn't instill confidence in your product.

The real problem is that this game is being driven less by creativity and more by marketing, funding for after sales support looks sketchy right now since their whole scheme of having a ton of DLC for the game isn't going over so well with most people, along with the fact that the game is essentially extremely boring after a few hours of play.

I would peg the bang for your buck price at around $30 not $60 or the ridiculous amount of $100 for the superduper supreme deluxe version.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 8, 2015, 12:38 DangerDog

Yep, you're doubling up on the DRM but some people put more faith in Steam being able to push 60gb of data to them in a timely manner and they also just like to have all of their games on Steam.  

News Comments > Sunday Patches
1. Re: Sunday Patches Feb 8, 2015, 12:26 DangerDog

Arma looks really good in still shot pictures too bad the core player movement is so damn clunky.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 8, 2015, 12:19 DangerDog

[VG]Reagle wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 12:17:
GTA5 Is still fourth when you got the steam page today
https://store.steampowered.com/mobilestorefront/topsellers

and it's not even a Steam game, everywhere else you buy it you get a Rockstar SocialClub key.

1. Re: 3GB Evolve Day One Patch Detailed Feb 8, 2015, 12:18 DangerDog

Rushing to get your "gold" copy to mass production before you're even close to being finished. Genius.

This is going to be Titanfall all over again, don't blink because the game will be dead in a month.

4836 Comments. 242 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo