Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4362 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Delayed to 2015
7. Re: Battlefield Hardline Delayed to 2015 Jul 22, 2014, 18:57 DangerDog

interpretation: No way in hell are we going to go up against Grand Theft Auto V and release at the same time.

I think they just need more time to create assets that aren't ripped directly from Battlefield 3/4.

the beta was fun, just hope they don't screw it up and go full retard making it a call of duty clone.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Beta Next Week
23. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta Next Week Jul 22, 2014, 16:29 DangerDog

They're pretty vague on what you get with the "Lifetime Expansion" thing, they've shown off extra textures for ships but I don't think that content falls under "expansion".  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Beta Next Week
18. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta Next Week Jul 22, 2014, 15:14 DangerDog

ItBurn wrote on Jul 22, 2014, 13:45:

I like what I read, but there's NO WAY they can deliver all that in Q4 2014... Not without huge sacrifices... I haven't really been following this project, but I do know how long it takes to make a good game.

It's really just down to how clever they can get with automating the mission/quest scripts into the game. The universe is just a giant spreadsheet of locations and items that you trade. I don't think there's going to be any massive audio recordings to go along with the procedural missions.

The release of the game will just be Elite with better graphics. The landing on planets and walking around your ship stuff will come later.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't hit the 30th anniversary date of Elite for release which is in September. Either way even when they do release it'll be a work in progress for quite some time.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 21, 2014, 20:47 DangerDog

Email is out, text messaging is in.

I can see email being re-branded to just "messaging".

News Comments > The Sims 4 Subscription Plans
7. Re: The Sims 4 Subscription Plans Jul 21, 2014, 15:26 DangerDog

The only enjoyable thing to do in sims is to make a pool, get your sim in the pool and then take away the ladder.

News Comments > Areal Funded; Putin a Backer?
19. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 20, 2014, 17:35 DangerDog

Creston wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 16:53:
Redmask wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 16:32:
Task wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 16:30:
Wow, more Russia bashing, nice.

Not like they aren't giving the world plenty of ammo these days.

Oh come on, what's an airliner with 300 people on board amongst friends?

1988: US warship shoots down Iranian airliner

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 20, 2014, 16:48 DangerDog

I would say our future is going to look more like Mad Max than Star Trek.

News Comments > Next DOOM Details Next Year
9. Re: Next DOOM Details Next Year Jul 19, 2014, 15:19 DangerDog

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 19, 2014, 14:13:
pagb wrote on Jul 19, 2014, 14:07:
- QuakeCon is free
- It was a gameplay demo played with a Xbox controller

What, really?

I retract my statement then.

Travel is pretty expensive, it's almost a given that anyone attending would be overcome with id software fanboygasims to be able to critique a demo in any way.

crappy console port to PC confirmed.

News Comments > Next DOOM Details Next Year
8. Re: Next DOOM Details Next Year Jul 19, 2014, 15:15 DangerDog

It has been rebooted and it is in trouble.

I still don't have any confidence in what they're making, nothing faithful to the original balls-to-the-walls action and gore, trying to go the slow and spooky scary route is so wrong for Doom.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
5. Re: Morning Screenshots Jul 18, 2014, 13:33 DangerDog

Dagnamit wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 11:11:
I'm drooling over this game, but it seems a little light on content (I know, beta) and that you need to create your own fun most of the time. Will the release version be like that? It seems far more "actual space flying simulation" rather than "space war story telling machine". Is that about accurate? I'm seriously considering dropping the $75 on the beta.

I doubt there will be a scripted story in the game but more like mini-events that could be considered mission stories, like responding to a distress call or needing to kill an NPC with a bit more personality than the generic ones in the game.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 17, 2014, 18:23 DangerDog

Let's spend millions creating original TV content for the xbox platform that'll be up on a torrent as soon as it's released.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 17, 2014, 14:37 DangerDog

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 13:04:
Beamer wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 11:28:
when I read things like this, I get the impression that most people don't have a clue what the hell the "cloud" is and how it is basically the entire internet at this point.

Right they renamed the same thing we had.

Internet
Online Servers
Information Super Highway - Remember that one?
Cloud

Just a way of sounding like you have something new. Now are there new apps and strategies? Yes. But it is still online servers.

What I read is MS is focusing on Online Apps, put cloud in there so hopefully some idiot investor gets excited. Online apps... amazing new stuff.

In the screenshots of the new and improved desktop start menu Microsoft renamed "All programs" to "All Apps". Of course Microsoft is going to continue to push their walled garden approach to software distribution in Windows 9.

I draw the line at trying to rename programs "Apps".

Apps is perfectly fine for tablets and phones because they're completely limited in scope and functionality. I'll never consider programs like Autocad or Photoshop an "App".

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 17, 2014, 03:27 DangerDog

Assange has been holed up in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, where he was granted asylum in 2012. The embassy, in turn, is constantly surrounded by London police—the city government is spending around $16,000 each day

talk about over staying your welcome, is he going to have to live there for the rest of his life?

News Comments > Community Suggested Changes for Battlefield Hardline
20. Re: Community Suggested Changes for Battlefield Hardline Jul 16, 2014, 14:56 DangerDog

born2expire wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 10:12:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 08:59:
I think it's funny they want us to buy a mod for BF4 for 90€ (game+premium ,p)... and Dragon Teeth again shows, these outsourced DLC's suck ass. If they want my money they should try offering something that is decent to begin with. And not 4 maps and 5 weapons, the fuck kind of lame DLC is that please?

Anyway... glad not-owner of premium for BF4, already saved 20€ by not caring for this DLC and it seems servers don't run it in large numbers either.

And yeah, Hardline? Pass.

Glad you've made an opinion on Dragon's Teeth without playing it. Just for the record, its the best thing to happen to BF4, if BF4 had launched with maps like this BF4 would have been incredible.

I'm a pretty avid battlefield fan but Pearl Market is one of the worst copy and paste asset jobs for an excuse of a map that's ever graced a battlefield game. It's like some amateur got hold of the map editor and it was his first time making a map ever.

I'm all for being able to get inside buildings and having vertical gameplay but you should never have an inside space with any sense of real world scale, narrow hallways where only one person can fit through is an inexcusable design flaw.

And again the maps are designed around 32 player and absolutely no consideration is made for 64 player.

As for Hardline, I can appreciate that they're taking in the feedback but I'm not convinced that they should bend to every whiny player that played the beta for five minutes and then spewed garbage onto the forums. Some people can't wrap their head around the fact that it's suppose to be over the top arcade shooter and not super serious stealth tactical rainbow six.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 14, 2014, 22:13 DangerDog

Don't worry I'm sure they'll have 256bit encryption on the messages.

lol just kidding

News Comments > New Crytek Rumor: Homefront Director Resigns?
16. Re: New Crytek Rumor: Homefront Director Resigns? Jul 13, 2014, 17:18 DangerDog

Wraith wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 17:10:
DangerDog wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 16:37:
I have more faith in Elite Dangerous because from my understandings they're using their own engine tech.
Agreed. Braben's been in this game for decades and while I'm not a believer in "procedurally generated" magic, he does at least know how to put a space combat engine together.

Star Citizen will have a LOT of loading screens. In a free-form space combat game, that's ridiculous.

I've been skeptical over the procedurally generated content too but have a look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGupxOG853I

also thinking back to a game that was incredible for packing so much content in such little space look what was accomplished with Starflight.

12. Re: New Crytek Rumor: Homefront Director Resigns? Jul 13, 2014, 16:37 DangerDog

Wraith wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 15:17:
And just for reference - guess what engine Star Citizen uses.

Currently they can't even get SLI working properly - with the demise of Crytek, Star Citizen is looking very fucking shaky indeed.

once Star Citizen locks down to using a specific version of the engine they'll have to work out any bugs on their own anyway.

I have more faith in Elite Dangerous because from my understandings they're using their own engine tech.

4. Re: New Crytek Rumor: Homefront Director Resigns? Jul 13, 2014, 14:13 DangerDog

The bigger you get the harder you fall.

It'll suck to not have Crytek around in the future, regardless of the console crap they've spewed out recently they do make a good looking graphics engine.

News Comments > Battleborn Impressions
9. Re: Battleborn Impressions Jul 12, 2014, 22:37 DangerDog

Battlebored  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jul 12, 2014, 13:32 DangerDog

What a colossal waste of money, schools should just go back to the basics without tablets and computers. Just look at where many CEO's of tech giants send their kids to school, most of them are dead set against their children being over exposed to technology for good reason.  

4362 Comments. 219 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo