Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4902 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 9, 2015, 18:44 DangerDog

And when that one port breaks, you're screwed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2015, 14:27 DangerDog

from the trophy list, looks like 5

The Humane Labs Raid
Series A Funding
The Fleeca Job
The Pacific Standard Job
The Prison Break

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos
23. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 8, 2015, 19:08 DangerDog

I backed a space combat game but I'm looking forward to the FPS module the most.  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
1. Re: Sunday Interviews Mar 8, 2015, 16:21 DangerDog

Gabe looks like he's lost some weight.

I haven't seen any actual footage of the VR setup that Valve is working on, this video talks about the experience with lots of detail though.

http://youtu.be/FOjgjP9tgsE

I can see listings for properties now, includes a padded 15x15 multipurpose VR room.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video
14. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video Mar 7, 2015, 19:20 DangerDog

Overon wrote on Mar 7, 2015, 18:41:
They need to show a proper working PC version. You show the console version when you think it's the furthest along.

or maybe getting a kickback from MS.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Module Nears
15. Re: Star Citizen FPS Module Nears Mar 7, 2015, 19:04 DangerDog

loomy wrote on Mar 7, 2015, 17:47:
I HATE THIS GAME WHY DO I KEEP COMMENTING ABOUT IT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xyWePZvPlk

pretty graphics but that looks incredibly boring, give me stun runner any day.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video
9. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video Mar 7, 2015, 17:45 DangerDog

and then he absorbed the dragons soul. oh wait, wrong game.  

News Comments > John Carmack's GDC Presentation
8. Re: John Carmack's GDC Presentation Mar 7, 2015, 17:16 DangerDog

Mobile VR? More like Samsung Gear VR platform, I don't see anyone else pushing on the mobile front for VR perhaps Apple is doing stuff behind closed doors. Google seems to be more focused on AR with their attempts at google glass and magic leap.

95% of their work is with the Unity engine, major focus on games being low-fi with "Gamecube" graphics being more than acceptable which is probably true given the casual approach that mobile games hinge on.

So many things he points to as being stuff you want to avoid when making a Gear VR application, don't do this or you'll have motion smear don't do that or you'll make people sick. In the end it sounds like all you'll end up with is a VR versions of chess where you can look at a static chess board, or other stationary type of board / puzzle games that allow you to view things in 3D but not really have much movement in that 3D space.

Even though you think of Gear VR as being a single platform they've already fragmented it with different chipsets, some aren't supported even though they're labeled as being the same model phone. What a nightmare. Game controller is an accessory, and even by Carmack's opinion isn't a very good one.

The main driving focus for this "experiment" is media consumption in the form of gimmick devices that allow you to capture panoramic photos and videos with "bad stitching" artifacts. So you can either watch a video on your 2D display at a very high resolution or you can strap the Gear VR to your head and watch the same movie in a VR Theater app at half the resolution.

Let's just not even mention the health implications of wearing a cell phone on your head for hours on end, the industry does a very good job at concealing the radiation these things give off with terminology like "specific absorption rate" followed by some meaningless numbers of watts per kg.

The most interesting thing is the discussion of their development of an "app store" for their VR devices, no wonder Valve is moving forward with their own VR headset.

I could almost picture Steve Ballmer running back and forth on the stage yelling "DEVELOPERS! DEVELOPERS! DEVELOPERS! DEVELOPERS!"

It's all about the content, doesn't matter if you have the most amazing VR headset ever conceived if you don't have a killer app it might as well be a somewhat expensive paperweight.

I wonder if we'll see some dirty pool in the form of platform exclusives from Valve, Half Life 3 anyone?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2015, 12:54 DangerDog

ah spring cleaning, an air compressor is your best friend when cleaning out dusty computers and keyboards.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
7. Re: Morning Previews Mar 6, 2015, 12:22 DangerDog

I'm worried that cheaters are going to ruin the online portion of GTA V, they can't even keep them out of the console version so the PC version is almost certainly doomed.  

News Comments > MS: No PC Xbox Gold Fees
14. Re: MS: No PC Xbox Gold Fees Mar 6, 2015, 12:19 DangerDog

budrojr wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 11:19:
Cool. So that means they're going to stop charging for the ability to play multiplayer on the Xbox too then, right? RIGHT?

The Xbox Too hasn't been released yet, I'm sure it'll be some sort of streaming service like what Nvidia is doing. The monthly charge will be increased no doubt when that happens.

News Comments > Steam Machines in November
12. Re: Steam Machines in November Mar 5, 2015, 21:05 DangerDog

jimnms wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 20:14:
Half-Life 3 will be an exclusive title for Steam Machines.

Install SteamOS
Play HL3
Reformat system

News Comments > Ensemble Vets Announce Servo
7. Re: Ensemble Vets Announce Servo Mar 5, 2015, 14:27 DangerDog

Has a total annihilation vibe to it I guess, looks more casual though with 10 - 15 minute games.  

News Comments > Source 2 Games Must Use Steam
24. Re: Source 2 Games Must Use Steam Mar 5, 2015, 14:06 DangerDog

Verno wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 13:10:
Valve wants to make sure people don't use their engine and do an end run around paying any royalties so they tie it into Steam. No startup costs is actually a pretty good deal, its all back end. Plenty of options for people don't think its fair and they can publish on Steam on their own terms later using the engine of their choice like many have in the past.

Activision and Ubisoft must have plans to start a Steam competitor.

Ubisoft already has with uPlay, no one else wants to use it though. Activision on the other hand surprises me, you would figure they would be first to try with all of Koticks talk about subscription services on consoles and yadda yadda but nothing so far.

Battle.net?

News Comments > Cross-Platform Siegecraft Commander Announced
1. Re: Cross-Platform Siegecraft Commander Announced Mar 5, 2015, 13:59 DangerDog

If these games are the carrot on the stick to get PC gamers to sign up for xbox live then they're going to have to do better than this.

I think many would do it for Halo or Forza but that's never going to happen.

News Comments > Cross-Platform Super Dungeon Bros Announced
2. Re: Cross-Platform Super Dungeon Bros Announced Mar 5, 2015, 13:57 DangerDog

HoSpanky wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 12:44:
But does this mean GFWL is coming back?

pretty much, remember that announcement about being able to stream xbox games to your PC? (really should be the other way around).

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/windows-10

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. Mar 5, 2015, 02:18 DangerDog

I'm glad they offered up the Alpha to play mostly just to confirm what I suspected from day one when everyone was spazing out over the CGI trailer they released for E3, all I saw was a bland setting with only a hint of a good idea in its theme of hunting monsters.

I don't think they sold enough copies to keep the publisher off their back, beyond the obligation of finishing the pre-sold DLC I bet they get shut down shortly afterwords.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 5, 2015, 02:06 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 19:06:
Elite: Dangerous confirmed for Xbox One.

Ah, so that's where the money for offline single player went to.

Now watch it have a true offline mode on consoles lol

News Comments > PhysX Source Code Released for Free
10. Re: PhysX Source Code Released for Free Mar 4, 2015, 21:22 DangerDog

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 21:11:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 21:04:
SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 20:36:
Cutter wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 20:19:
I get Source 2 as those games will likely end up on Steam anyway,
They must be on steam.

Titanfall is a Source engine game, and it's not on Steam.
Source 2 games dude

Valve won’t be asking for any money at all. Well, sort of… They just require that the game be launched on Steam, along with anywhere else you might want to sell it.
Link

well crap, there goes my idea of making a Source 2 game and releasing it exclusively on the MS Store.

News Comments > EA Closing Maxis?
20. Re: EA Closing Maxis? Mar 4, 2015, 21:19 DangerDog

descender wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 18:51:
You guys left out SimCopter! Fly around in your own city!

The future used to be so much better.

you just liked watching the dudes in green speedos dance around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcQ9w9U1fEA

4902 Comments. 246 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo