Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5023 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront to Support Dolby Atmos
23. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront to Support Dolby Atmos May 6, 2015, 19:30 DangerDog

descender wrote on May 6, 2015, 19:16:
Have you ever played Battlefront? "Missions" are basically the only game mode. The only difference with "co-op" would be... one or two less bots.

bots will be available both on and offline

we'll see, they haven't detailed any of the game modes but it sounds like the bots will be specific to the co-op mode and not the 20v20 competitive mode.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront to Support Dolby Atmos May 6, 2015, 18:21 DangerDog

nin wrote on May 6, 2015, 17:34:
Gib007 wrote on May 6, 2015, 17:18:
Julio wrote on May 6, 2015, 15:52:
I'm more interested in knowing if we're getting bots in the game. My PC doesn't have a Dolby Atmos setup.

No heavily-multiplayer games these days feature or at least depend on bots. Look at how Battlefield games dropped bots completely. We're in the day and age of fast, always-on Internet access. Multiplayer is the key. My only gripe is the proposed 40 player limit.

Bots will be available.

*for "Missions" which are the co-op portion of the game.

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
59. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 18:18 DangerDog

Zanthar wrote on May 6, 2015, 17:28:
How about if your neck or eyes start to hurt you just stop using it? Maybe each Oculus should include a government monitor to make sure that it's being used properly, or just add on a $150 neck damage tax in case of future problems.

I don't think a $150 idiot tax would cut it. The youtube videos of people walking into walls or tripping over their kid/dog while trying to walk around with it on should be entertaining though.

53. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 17:09 DangerDog

n0slet wrote on May 6, 2015, 16:49:
I can definitely see eye strain being an issue but honestly when I got to demo this at a convention it surprised the hell out of me just how light it actually was. Unless someone is prone to neck injuries I don't see weight being an issue for many continuous hours of use.

If people can develop neck problems from texting then I'm sure this will cause problems for some people.

http://www.spine-health.com/blog/modern-spine-ailment-text-neck

51. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 16:39 DangerDog

PHJF wrote on May 6, 2015, 16:19:
Head tracking isn't nearly as important to me as full-immersion 3D. I don't understand how anybody playing games can't understand how immeasurably better they would all be in 3D. I remember being impressed by the fucking VIRTUAL BOY, and modern tech is infinitely superior.

Full immersion 3D comes at a price though, eye fatigue/strain probably being highest on the list. I'm sure that wearing this thing isn't light either so you might add neck and shoulder pain to the list too.

There's no such thing as "moderation" for most people playing games, how many times have you sat down at a game and then realized you had been playing for many hours past what you had originally planed?

15. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront to Support Dolby Atmos May 6, 2015, 16:11 DangerDog

Another non-skippable start up video logo sequence, just what we need.  

48. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 16:02 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on May 6, 2015, 12:55:
Bummer. Thought this would be coming out this summer.

They probably could but it needs to have a robust lineup of software that uses it, it'll be interesting to watch how this unfolds but from a comfort standpoint I just can't see wearing this for extended hours.

We've had high quality head tracking for a really long time now and it is just a niche device to be used mostly in simulators. This just adds the parallax 3d to the experience for the most part and seems more cumbersome.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black May 6, 2015, 01:12 DangerDog

Chris Pratt was photshoped as Indiana Jones and while it looked good I don't think he can fill Harrison Fords shoes. They should have gone all Laura Croft and had him have a daughter.  

News Comments > New NFS This Fall; No Mirror's Edge & Titanfall Sequels Before 2016
7. Re: New NFS This Fall; No Mirror's Edge & Titanfall Sequels Before 2016 May 5, 2015, 22:30 DangerDog

I think they'll have more space combat in the DLC, you know they'll have a death star trench run in the game.

The game is going to be on rails though so people are expecting too much from DICE (oh look the guys who made Battlefield are making a Star Wars game!) it's just not going to have that kind of freedom or scale.

Small maps, two man fire-teams, 20v20 with match making, lots of scripted events and non-player controlled vehicles.

News Comments > New NFS This Fall; No Mirror's Edge & Titanfall Sequels Before 2016
5. Re: New NFS This Fall; No Mirror's Edge & Titanfall Sequels Before 2016 May 5, 2015, 22:07 DangerDog

I know that there are a lot of Battlefront fans that are put off by what DICE has announced so far. Personally I like the fact that they're not going to have prequel clone war content in the game, I'm not that thrilled about the lack of a server browser though (the game won't use Battlelog on the PC) so it's just Call of Duty style match making - at least it'll be using instanced servers I assume.

The lack of space combat sort of sucks but it's not going to be Xwing vs Tie fighter anyway.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 5, 2015, 20:56 DangerDog

What era would they put this in? Late 60's? Maybe they could have him raiding tombs in Vietnam and have the war as the backdrop.  

2. Re: New NFS This Fall; No Mirror's Edge & Titanfall Sequels Before 2016 May 5, 2015, 20:52 DangerDog

Even though DICE have gone and fucked up Battlefront it'll still sell like hot cakes because it's Star Wars.

I'm surprised they would mention Hardline in a positive light, I guess it did okay on PS4 and Xbox One.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 3, 2015, 16:03 DangerDog

Still don't think it's a good idea to strap a gigabit Ethernet adapter to your head all day, and for little kids to do this because of minecraft would be even more worrisome.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads
3. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads May 2, 2015, 19:17 DangerDog

that would ruffle feathers for sure, they don't even use the swastika in these games anymore.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 1, 2015, 20:58 DangerDog

Hololens, is it even safe to strap a highspeed network adapter to your head?  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Tips
3. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Tips May 1, 2015, 20:49 DangerDog

Slick wrote on May 1, 2015, 20:07:
BEST REVIEWED PC GAME OF ALL TIME

MOUSE CONTROLS DONT EVEN WORK PROPERLY

BHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

What doesn't work? I don't have any mouse issues (that I'm aware of).

News Comments > DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley
44. Re: DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley May 1, 2015, 17:07 DangerDog

The shadows still make it look like a video game, still you could probably use this kind of real-time rendered graphics for a lot of movies without anyone complaining about it.

200gb game installs? I don't know how feasible that would be given the poor state of the internet in the majority of places. Is this going to be their argument for streaming game content from "the cloud"?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans
65. Re: Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans Apr 29, 2015, 22:03 DangerDog

Krovven wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 19:23:
DangerDog wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 16:58:
Krovven wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 16:20:
DangerDog wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 15:02:
As for this FOV issue, I've seen some posts saying people have had a warning pop up about not using mods but where is the link to the posts about being banned on reddit? Rockstar is super busy putting crappy LOD filters in the game but they can't be bothered with increasing the FOV limit to at least 90 degrees?

The bulk of GTA online is PvE with the heists being the main draw, if they're going to single me out for increasing the first person FOV to 90 then I'll just play the single player with a crack file if necessary and then delete the game. The PvP modes in GTA Online are complete crap, it's no wonder why people treat the open world lobby as a never ending deathmatch event.

LOL. I'm sorry but it was very clearly stated in the details for the FoV mod that it accesses the memory, which could very likely get you banned. This was actually a warning from the author before you downloaded the file.

If any moron was dumb enough to go ahead and use it, they got what they deserved. Does the FoV mod specifically allow you to cheat? Debatable. But anything that accesses the memory for a game, is going to be bannable, by any dev for any game.

If this game really has any ant-cheat protection, it's not working.

Obviously it is otherwise these people wouldn't have been banned. You aren't gonna get people complaining they were banned for other cheats. And no modern anti cheat I'm aware of is instant. They accumulate the data and then do bans. Vac, Blizz's system etc are the same.

These people could also be using cheats and are getting voted in game for being disruptive.

55. Re: Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans Apr 29, 2015, 16:58 DangerDog

Krovven wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 16:20:
DangerDog wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 15:02:
As for this FOV issue, I've seen some posts saying people have had a warning pop up about not using mods but where is the link to the posts about being banned on reddit? Rockstar is super busy putting crappy LOD filters in the game but they can't be bothered with increasing the FOV limit to at least 90 degrees?

The bulk of GTA online is PvE with the heists being the main draw, if they're going to single me out for increasing the first person FOV to 90 then I'll just play the single player with a crack file if necessary and then delete the game. The PvP modes in GTA Online are complete crap, it's no wonder why people treat the open world lobby as a never ending deathmatch event.

LOL. I'm sorry but it was very clearly stated in the details for the FoV mod that it accesses the memory, which could very likely get you banned. This was actually a warning from the author before you downloaded the file.

If any moron was dumb enough to go ahead and use it, they got what they deserved. Does the FoV mod specifically allow you to cheat? Debatable. But anything that accesses the memory for a game, is going to be bannable, by any dev for any game.

If this game really has any ant-cheat protection, it's not working.

54. Re: Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans Apr 29, 2015, 16:48 DangerDog

4D-Boxing wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 16:24:
Reading Bluesnews saved me money again! I'll just get Toxikk this weekend and wait for FOV mods to be supported. Can't stand 3rd person. Yes, i'm old and missing out etc..

In reality you're better off shooting weapons in 3rd person as it's easier to get headshots and track multiple targets faster - it shouldn't be this way but the first person feels like an add-on after the fact novelty. Sniping is first person regardless so it's mostly when you're shooting with an pistol, assault rifle, shotgun that you do the over the shoulder 3rd person shooting. Driving is better 3rd person all the way as is flying helicopters and planes, at least for me - some do like driving in first person.

I just use first person when walking around in the world for the immersion.

5023 Comments. 252 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo