Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4703 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Gone Gold - Evolve
2. Re: Gone Gold - Evolve Jan 8, 2015, 17:39 DangerDog

I was an okay game, but not for $59.99

The maps in the alpha were all arena based and didn't seem to have enough space to evade the hunters long enough to evolve, mostly at later stages in the unlock advancement. It turned into a nascar race track with the hunters chasing a monster around and around. They mentioned mod support off hand at one time but I don't know if they've committed to releasing any mapping tools.

Timed exclusive DLC for Xbox One, one month I think. While they've said they had a ton of DLC planned for the game supposedly they won't be fractioning the community with paid maps.

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 17:31:
I want them graphics to be in-game.

It uses the CryEngine to good effect but lacks destruction, doesn't look or play anything like that trailer of course.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Aliens Games Back on Steam
14. Re: Aliens Games Back on Steam Jan 8, 2015, 03:27 DangerDog

Quake Wars is gone, nobody noticed or cared.  

News Comments > Razer's Game Streaming
4. Re: Razer's Game Streaming Jan 7, 2015, 20:19 DangerDog

The requirements are not restrictive, as the streaming will work with a wide range of PC hardware, and any DirectX9 or later title.

Not just Dx9, that would be stupid.

Doesn't interest me but this is what I would use to stream games to a living room most likely.

News Comments > Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines "Pretty Much Dead"
12. Re: Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines Jan 7, 2015, 20:13 DangerDog

Beamer wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 19:30:
Task wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 19:17:
I guess Valve should've been working on Half-Life 3 instead of <insert random thing here> department.

What I'm getting out of this though is the term, as he said is dead, but Valve is still pushing their controller and Steam OS on different living room pc things.

Yes. No one else is really reading. The name is dead, not the product.

The product is pretty much dead too, the PC isn't a living room appliance and cannibalizing it down to yet another scrub console level hardware spec isn't going to win anyone over, not to mention trying to prop up Linux as a gaming platform.

Streaming games to a TV by way of some sort of hardware dongle might make some headway if you can keep the price below $50.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB
29. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 16:12 DangerDog

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 15:30:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 15:19:
It's a decent amount of effort CASH to replace mobo/cpu/ram, so I really like to feel like I'm going to see some results for doing so.
Fixed that for you.
I love to tinker with my PC so rebuilding it never an effort but a new mobo and cpu is nearly $500 and I don't think that much money will make a huge real world difference in games at 1080p

Replacing my GTX760 to the 970 will probably make a much more noticeable difference for less money.

It takes time to setup the software and work out any driver/bios issues, new build = clean format, period. I always make the mistake of holding onto my old hardware too long. I think I could get more money selling individual components than to sell them as complete, functional builds.

News Comments > Mad Catz Announces $300 PC/Mobile Controller
7. Re: Mad Catz Announces $300 PC/Mobile Controller Jan 6, 2015, 21:22 DangerDog

April is a few months off yet, kind of early there Mad Catz  

News Comments > Razer Unveils OSVR Headset
12. Re: Razer Unveils OSVR Headset Jan 6, 2015, 17:33 DangerDog

gsilver wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 13:39:
Open software standards and a bunch of hardware different vendors catering to different levels of customer expectations is probably the best way to go with VR, so I'm all for this.

Not from a developers point of view it isn't.

News Comments > Into the Stars Kickstarter
10. Re: Into the Stars Kickstarter Jan 5, 2015, 23:55 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 23:34:
into the stars; one solar system

kk

399 billion to go before it's online only.

News Comments > Into the Stars Kickstarter
4. Re: Into the Stars Kickstarter Jan 5, 2015, 14:49 DangerDog

I got as far as "oregon trail in space" and lost interest.

second look, it might be decent. I upvoted it on greenlight, looks like the kickstarter is just something they're doing to get some extra funding but the game looks well on its way to being made.

This comment was edited on Jan 5, 2015, 15:09.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 4, 2015, 17:08 DangerDog

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 16:23:
Has Skyrim, now three years old, finally run out of Steam?

nope, number 5 on the most played game on steam, and I'm pretty sure the bestselling list doesn't include purchases from other sites - maybe it does?

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

I just started playing not too long ago having had it in backlog for so long actually paid off with all the fantastic mods for the game.

News Comments > Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: "No Finish Line"
18. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 2, 2015, 21:22 DangerDog

Flatline wrote on Jan 2, 2015, 19:47:
"Not because were better than everyone else, but because building a game this way, in total lock step with your community, means its pretty hard to fail in the long run."

In other words, if this game sucks, it's our fault for having no sense of discipline when it comes to game design.

Why are we *paying* Chris Roberts then? Why pay any "game designer"? Just start throwing up internet polls and design by committee. We'll get fantastic game after fantastic game if we just let mob rule take over design.

It's a nice scape clause, blame the over vocal minority if the gameplay is crap.

News Comments > Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: "No Finish Line"
12. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 2, 2015, 19:41 DangerDog

2015 is where the game will be shaped. And it will be shaped with your input.

The full crazy that's been implemented by the insanity of expensive ship purchases and trying to turn this into Star Citizen : Second Life pretty much ensures that it's going to be a huge letdown no mater how hard they try.

He should have just tried to make a spiritual successor to Wing Commander with updated graphics and called it a day.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Issues
3. Re: Elite Dangerous Issues Jan 2, 2015, 19:29 DangerDog

They were late in the decision to make it an online only game, perhaps they can implement some more social stuff into the game but it's original design goal seemed to be to remake Elite with better graphics and that's pretty much what it is right now.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Server "Strike" Plans
36. Re: Battlefield 4 Server Jan 1, 2015, 20:56 DangerDog

Ozmodan wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 20:09:
Did not even try the multiplayer version of this. Enjoyed the campaign and that is about it.

Finally, someone actually played the single player portion.

15. Re: Battlefield 4 Server Jan 1, 2015, 16:10 DangerDog

Gadzooks wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 15:42:
You are dealing with designers who thought it was a good idea to integrate a good part of running the game, into a web browser.

Even after all the flak they got in 3 for doing it, they went on to put it in 4, to an even larger exent.

I dont think there is much hope for this game series anymore.

Dice never could code a decent server browser, Bad Company 2 came the closest but it took them a hell of a long time to get there. I actually prefer the battlelog way of web based server browsing, not that much different from using qtracker for BF3/BF2142.

13. Re: Battlefield 4 Server Jan 1, 2015, 16:04 DangerDog

The reaction from dice will most likely be that games going forward won't have any dedicated servers and just be instanced from a cluster of servers hosted by Amazon or Microsoft, 64 player games be damned if need be.

Hardline will still have dedicated servers but who wants to bet that the Star Wars flavored Battlefield game is "one click play" match making on instanced servers.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam
13. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam Jan 1, 2015, 15:49 DangerDog

It was mainly a let down because of the fake e3 gameplay video, if that had never been shown then it just would have been another blip on the radar of poorly made games based on movies.

I can think of many games that are more deserving of being drug through the mud though.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Dec 31, 2014, 15:00 DangerDog

Read that the Bioshock movie got scrapped because the director wanted an R rating. I guess the studio never bothered to see that the game was M rated.  

News Comments > EA: No Origin Breach
13. Re: EA: No Origin Breach Dec 31, 2014, 14:52 DangerDog

They have a login authentication system similar to Steam that will only allow logins to computers you designate. It's off by default, just go to the Origin -> Account and Privacy -> Security and enable "Login Verification".

I don't see how anyone would be able to purchase a game key through Origin, you would have to take over the whole account. I'm not aware of any "gifting" system through Origin. Perhaps console game purchases spits out a key?

News Comments > Hatred Earns Steam Greenlight
74. Re: Hatred Earns Steam Greenlight Dec 30, 2014, 19:31 DangerDog

siapnar wrote on Dec 30, 2014, 18:24:
I think most "moral crusaders" (less, but still douchey version of the term SWJ) on here would say that the developers of Hatred can make their game all the like, but to distribute it on the biggest digital platform the PC has to offer... that's just going to create shitstorm of bad publicity for the industry.

Hatred has every right to made, but I don't think it should be easily promoted.

It's like releasing Cannibal Holocaust to major theatres and glorifying it's content

The whole point of the Greenlight system was to get the community involved, and so the community have spoken.

deal with it. Sunny

4703 Comments. 236 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo