Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4468 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month
28. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month Sep 19, 2014, 16:19 DangerDog

Sho wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 16:10:
Hey, can I ask something stupid and basic?

Does this game offer anything for folks who like story-driven singleplayer, or is it purely sandbox when played alone? Is there any sort of story campaign?

It's sandbox, the 'story' is about whatever you do in the game. I have read though that there will be missions that sound sort of like they might be laid out in a campaign structure that will be added at some point. Most likely when you join one of the military branches you'll be given missions that are focused around that element or theme.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SQUARE ENIX's Cloud Plans
6. Re: SQUARE ENIX's Cloud Plans Sep 19, 2014, 14:49 DangerDog

Unless internet providers change their evil ways this is dead on arrival. Way too many providers impose bandwidth caps that are insanely limited and now they want to put speed caps on your data as well essentially throttling you dependent on the content you want to access.

Good luck getting your game streaming service off the ground in such a hostile consumer unfriendly environment that the internet is quickly eroding into.

News Comments > New GeForce GPUs & Drivers
32. Re: New GeForce GTX 980 & 970 GPUs & Drivers Sep 19, 2014, 14:29 DangerDog

I'm not ready for 4k yet, I'll wait for a die shrink that's suppose to hit next year.

This will probably be the entry level card needed to make VR actually playable since you need solid 60fps.

I second the recommendation of buying an Asus or MSI with higher end components and much quieter cooler than reference boards. I have an Asus and really like how quiet it is.

17. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month Sep 19, 2014, 14:16 DangerDog

Bundy wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 14:11:
I'm liking the progress of this one. Unlike another PC space game that shall remain nameless.

Was this the game where if you buy into the beta, you still have to pay for the game when it comes out, minus some small discount? Or am I thinking of something else?

If you were a backer of the game on kickstarter you could opt in to testing Elite at various stages, the alpha was really expensive and the beta was something like an extra $25. If you buy the beta version for $75 that includes the retail version as well.

15. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month Sep 19, 2014, 14:11 DangerDog

The price of the game is the least of your worries, you really need a HOTAS joystick setup, maybe not full on with rudder pedals but at least a joystick and throttle.

My preference is the CH products combat stick + throttle and rudder pedals, the CH throttle has a little joystick for your thumb that really comes in handy when doing micro thruster adjustments.

To round off the experience I would also highly recommend some form of TrackIR head tracking, the game supports six axis tracking so keep that in mind. Simple left right up and down tracking is only part way there. It just brings the game to life in a way that's hard to explain and it's actually helpful in a user interface sort of way as you can just move your head slightly left or right to get interface screens to pop up.

I'm sure you could play the game with just mouse and keyboard if you practiced long enough with it but personally I can't fly for shit without a joystick and throttle.

I've read that they plan for a 'Gamma' release phase after the Beta is over, they'll reset everyone back to square one at Gamma and again at Retail.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Hotwire Multiplayer Gameplay Trailer
3. Re: Battlefield Hardline Hotwire Multiplayer Gameplay Trailer Sep 18, 2014, 21:04 DangerDog

You mean like just about every cop vs robber chase movie ever made, besides if you want to draw parallels from reality I'm sure you can do far worse things in GTA V.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 18, 2014, 17:20 DangerDog

I wonder what it will end up costing the retailer to support Apple Pay, will it be an additional percent on top of the rate credit card companies already charge?  

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees
33. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 17:17 DangerDog

Speaking of giving Gearbox money, I wonder when we'll see Homeworld Remastered edition?  

30. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 16:56 DangerDog

Yeah but who pays full retail for PC games? There's always at least a 20% off coupon code from greenman gaming going on. It's not that it isn't probably worthy of full retail pricing it's just that it feels like it's either "too soon" for another edition or people are assuming it's just more of the same. Aside from the UI it doesn't appear to have a ton of asset recycling from BL2.  

26. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 15:10 DangerDog

Kind of a victim of their own success, I keep playing Borderlands 2 thinking I'm near the end and keep opening up new areas. I'm not a huge fan of the way the inventory system works in these games, especially when you have to keep dumping weapons to switch out to new ones with a full inventory - I never seem to want to dump my older weapons. I kind of wish you could just rank up your weapon rather than play the random weapon drop game. The need to open up hundreds of little boxes for ammo and money get's tiring as well.

Still, it's a solid shooter with crude humor and over the top gore. I love the funny one liners like "I smell delicious!" when you set an enemy on fire.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 18, 2014, 14:03 DangerDog

I just picture this degenerating into something completely sleazy like the "gay pride parade" in San Fransisco.

/barf

News Comments > The Crew Trailer
1. Re: The Crew Trailer Sep 17, 2014, 22:11 DangerDog

another racing game with an empty world and no cops?  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Survivor Mode DLC Plans
1. Re: Alien: Isolation Survivor Mode DLC Plans Sep 17, 2014, 22:03 DangerDog

Right, so wait for the all inclusive bundle version on Steam summer sale. Got it.

Not exactly an announcement that makes you want to pre-order the game guys.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock 2 Next Month; Preorders Underway
14. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 Next Month; Preorders Underway Sep 17, 2014, 20:39 DangerDog

I guess they could have dipped a little deeper into giving people who pre-ordered the first one a little more of a discount but I'm sure it's worth the extra $5 and change.

I almost feel like buying it out of wanting to support the devs but I haven't finished the first one yet.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock 2 Next Month; Preorders Underway
9. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 Next Month; Preorders Underway Sep 17, 2014, 17:29 DangerDog

too many games, not enough time to play them all

first world problems are a bitch

News Comments > Xbox One Controller for Windows in November
28. Re: Xbox One Controller for Windows in November Sep 17, 2014, 16:10 DangerDog

In games where you can switch off from using a game pad for say vehicles and mouse and keyboard for FPS I tend to use my wired controller because in all the games I've played when the controller goes to sleep you pretty much have to restart the game for it to detect the controller again if you're using the wireless one.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 15, 2014, 20:24 DangerDog

New features like Rap Back essentially provide notifications when people in "positions of trust" like bank tellers and teachers break the law so whatever authorities they hold might be upheld or revoked.

You mean like Lie Detector tests which are complete bullshit.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 15, 2014, 20:16 DangerDog

People keep predicting a "one device that will do everything" future, it may happen someday but it's going to be awhile yet.

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
72. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 15:05 DangerDog

Just put this piece of the puzzle into their experiments with playing console games through your browser, presto Minecraftsoft.

Kills modding of course, but this way they would only need to develop for one platform and sell to just about any device that they can stream to, or make a streaming client for the device like a PS4.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 14, 2014, 17:32 DangerDog

Just watch the original with english subs, I have no faith in their ability to do a better job.  

4468 Comments. 224 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo