Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4466 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
75. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 17:03 DangerDog

Ant wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 16:57:
Why? Start clean!! Also, Linux port please!

No Linux port planed, mac port is delayed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

71. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 16:27 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 16:11:
no it's obviously not as bad in practise, but it does in fact average out to 4,000,000 star systems per player, with 100,000 people playing and 400 billion star systems, that's just some cold hard maths right there.

however everyone starts in the same area, and there are distinct places of interest, trade routes, that should help keep things more populated. and there's the absolute speed that people can get away from the starting system, if everyone's going at max speed, and fanning out in all directions, the bubble can only be so big.

give it a few years to have people distributed more evenly throughout the galaxy, and then watch how sparse it becomes.

I know a lot of people object to the idea of having an "arena" style multiplayer team-deathmatch mode but I think it wouldn't be a bad idea. I don't even see why you couldn't have it be accessible only through the online universe itself. Go to this system and fight for the glory of X team vs Y team.

67. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 16:20 DangerDog

Bundy wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 14:27:
I'm still concerned though. The lack of things to do is still there. They never really addressed it. All we have is the promise that they'll be injecting some life into the galaxy at some unknown future date.

I think too many people lose scope of what this game "remake" was targeted at, people who played the original Elite and loved it.

http://www.giantbomb.com/elite/3030-10902/

It seems feature complete for a modern update to the original, don't get me wrong I do hope they implement some sort of waring faction based gameplay into the release version, and they keep teasing about the yet to be seen "Thargoids".

News Comments > H1Z1 Early Access Next Month
2. Re: H1Z1 Early Access Next Month Dec 8, 2014, 20:45 DangerDog

Day Z was cool as a mod for Arma but the whole "man simulator" aspect of Arma doesn't transcend well to a game for the masses.  

News Comments > King's Quest Trailer
2. Re: King's Quest Trailer Dec 7, 2014, 01:30 DangerDog

A season pass for Kings Quest  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Trailer
10. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Dec 6, 2014, 14:08 DangerDog

I think they've been too busy just making the tech work to concentrate on the "game" part, which it will have a story mode game but it also is going to have the same setup as Elite Dangerous where it's a pseudo MMO with other players influencing your universe, I think they've also teased at an "offline mode" so we'll see how that works out. The idea is that you'll make discoveries that will be attributed to you in game and other people can then use that information too.

I see it as an advanced version of a really old space exploration game called Starflight which despite the primitive technology back in the day encompassed a massive universe with planets to explore and encounters with different aliens on one 5 1/4 floppy disk. Just like that game there wont be any strict linear story but a universe to explore and find pieces of information find that will need to piece together to solve some over arching background story.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Editor Trailer
2. Re: Far Cry 4 Editor Trailer Dec 4, 2014, 19:05 DangerDog

Or how about a map where two teams go at each other in Deathmatch mode?

oh, you can't do that? They want to sell multiplayer maps as DLC?

Far Cry 4 – like all Far Cry games before it – will ship with a map editor. But unlike other games in the series this one will not support editing and creating maps intended for the competitive multiplayer mode.

A Twitch stream of the game revealed that the map editor only supports challenge maps. Which resulted in many angry fans taking to the official forums to complain about the missing feature.

Game director Alex Hutchinson explained the reason on Twitter, saying that it was due to budget and prioritising.

“We’re going to keep supporting the game so hopefully we can get it done post release. No promises but we will try,” he added.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 4, 2014, 16:04 DangerDog

I would think people that can code in ASM would be paid the best.  

News Comments > LucasArts Vet Heads New 2K Studio, Hangar 13
12. Re: LucasArts Vet Heads New 2K Studio, Hangar 13 Dec 4, 2014, 15:56 DangerDog

So their first project will be a free-to-play Dota clone?  

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Into the Black Dec 3, 2014, 22:48 DangerDog

A while back Cameron gave reference to the Alien franchise being ruined because so many people have pissed in the soup it's no longer soup. I feel the same way about Terminator.  

News Comments > Evolve Videos and Previews
8. Re: Evolve Videos and Previews Dec 3, 2014, 17:18 DangerDog

I had a hard time evolving monsters due to the small levels, some of which had 1/3 of the space generally a useless no-go water zone. The robot hunter could fly around the map using it's head as a UAV.

from that moment on it was no place to run, no place to hide. when hunters deployed a trap you were toast most of the time, you should be able to take down the trap "device", but nope.

the level design seemed so repetitive.

they're spouting off about 800 bazillion combinations in that evacuation trailer, sounds like marketing BS to me.

News Comments > Evolve Videos and Previews
4. Re: Evolve Videos and Previews Dec 3, 2014, 13:20 DangerDog

SimplyMonk wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 10:49:
"We’re happy to announce that Evacuation will be playable exclusively in the Xbox One open beta in January."

Booooooo.

Although this does get me one step closer to playing it on release. At least a campaign with L4D's depth would probably cement the deal.

not surprising, they're going to have timed Xbox one exclusive DLC as well.

the only promising thing is they've said they won't split the community with paid DLC map packs. However, if that means a really slow release of new maps then that could also be a bad thing.

I wasn't impressed with hunt mode, fun for only a short while and when you got to the later stages of unlocks for the hunters it really seemed to unbalance the game.

News Comments > London-based Assassin's Creed: Victory Next Year
3. Re: London-based Assassin's Creed: Victory Next Year Dec 2, 2014, 20:27 DangerDog

Pre-order now!  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 2, 2014, 20:15 DangerDog

I bet Chris Roberts is the one playing secret Santa to Crytek.

another free to play fail game bites the dust.

News Comments > Steam Broadcasting Beta
7. Re: Steam Broadcasting Beta Dec 2, 2014, 19:12 DangerDog

I don't think my internet speed is sufficient to play a game and stream too. I wonder if it works with non steam games.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 2, 2014, 13:57 DangerDog

Don't worry, Skynet will solve the problem for us.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Can anyone recommend a good Nov 28, 2014, 14:19 DangerDog

Hanover wrote on Nov 28, 2014, 14:08:
Can anyone recommend a good "Build your own gaming PC" site? I used to use the old Sharky Extreme site when I was ready to build a new machine and they generally had solid and up to date components in their builds I could copy. At least I had a good starting point and didn't have to spend hours and hours spec'ing individual components from scratch.

TIA

http://pcpartpicker.com/

they've got some easy to follow how to videos and you can check component pricing there too.

things like cases and keyboards are more a personal decision, hardware components seem to have brand following. Once you've decided on what you want to use you can always submit your build here for critiquing I'm sure someone will give you some advise.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2014, 14:12 DangerDog

When the characters speak it'll probably be the most cringe worthy dialog since phantom menace.

I really hope they don't turn the black actor into mr. comic relief guy. It almost already looks like a scene ripped out of Space Balls "comb the desert".

The original Star Wars was a fluke, when you watch some of the unedited raw footage that's been released it's easier to see why the studio thought it was going to be a flop. I still contend it was Marcia Lucas (Georges wife at the time) that made it all come together through clever editing and even early advice that she gave George on the script, which amazingly he accepted.

Really interesting bit of film history in this article on her work.

http://secrethistoryofstarwars.com/marcialucas.html

Marcia, along with many of George's friends, critiqued which characters worked, which ones didn't, which scenes were good, and Lucas composed the script in this way. Marcia was always critical of Star Wars, but she was one of the few people Lucas listened to carefully, knowing she had a skill for carving out strong characters. Often, she was a voice of reason, giving him the bad news he secretly suspected--"I'm real hard," she says, "but I only tell him what he already knows." [l] Pollock notes, "Marcia's faith never waivered--she was at once George's most severe critic and most ardent supporter. She wasn't afraid to say she didn't understand something in Star Wars or to point out the sections that bored her." [li] She kept her husband down to earth and reminded him of the need to have an emotional through-line in the film. Mark Hamill remembers: "She was really the warmth and heart of those films, a good person he could talk to, bounce ideas off of."

News Comments > Trainz: A New Era in February
4. Re: Trainz: A New Era in February Nov 27, 2014, 17:33 DangerDog

Cutter wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 14:46:
There are plenty of people hardcore into trains so they don't need to do that. Stick to what you're good at.

Last time I messed around with Trainz they had almost everything in place with the working industries, it could even be just a meta game where you simulate running just a portion of a railroad empire that's fed to an economy simulation where you compete against AI barons.

Even with model trains it gets boring just running them in circles that's why clubs do simulations of a working railroad with various industries.

News Comments > Trainz: A New Era in February
1. Re: Trainz: A New Era in February Nov 27, 2014, 13:54 DangerDog

I don't understand why they won't add a Tycoon "game" mode to these types of simulations, it would open their market potential beyond people just wanting to drive trains.  

4466 Comments. 224 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo