Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4627 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
10. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 20, 2015, 01:28 DangerDog

Pigeon wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 19:28:
First 15 minutes of that was a lot of grunting and QTEs. Rapidly press X to pinch off a loaf, hold Triangle to wipe, rotate left analogue stick to flush. The actual game play portion looked like pretty standard/boring cover shooting. Maybe it picks up later with some unique mechanics and good story, but I didn't see anything that looked like fun to me. Pretty though.

It's a semi-interactive movie, should be priced as one regardless of their budget.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Rewards Battlefield Veterans
11. Re: Battlefield Hardline Rewards Battlefield Veterans Feb 19, 2015, 03:19 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 02:59:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 00:47:
ViRGE wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 21:29:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 20:44:
Meh, xp boosting seems lame even though you use xp to "buy" stuff now.
Isn't that even worse?

It means you can unlock stuff that you want like scopes for your guns in the order that you want them, there's still a mini kill streak required with a weapon before you unlock the ability to buy them.

The game just went pay-to-win by having "exclusive" pre-order weapons that aren't going to be available to you if you don't buy the deluxe edition.

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/568185539016278016

this is the first i'm hearing of this, this is a big deal. Last time there was something like this was in Bad Company 1, there were 5 weapons to get, 4 class weaps and 1 sidearm. You had to do dumb shit like subscribe to their newsletter for one, make a forum account for another etc. I think the F2000 was for pre-ordering, and it was a beast. Once i got a FragFX, it was UNFAIR. I went 17-2 in one round of Oasis conquest. where auto balance put 7 people on one team, and me on the other. I wish I had recorded that round.

I'm sure it'll make the news cycle in the next few days.

[url=http://www.reddit.com/r/BF_Hardline/comments/2wdi34/deluxe_weapons_will_not_be_unlocked_with/[/url]

EA probably didn't see the pre-order numbers they were hoping to get after the first alpha/beta test, then they decided to jack the price up an extra $10 to get people to buy into their "exclusive weapons" deluxe edition.

Everyone had been assuming that they would just be timed exclusive for the deluxe edition but eventually everyone would get them, apparently that's not the case - they really are defining them as "exclusive" to pre-ordering.

If you pre-order the base game you get the ACWR, the deluxe version gets you the ACWR, L85a2, and the CAR-556.

The funny thing is that most places like Greenmangaming, Gamestop and Amazon don't even have a listing for the Deluxe edition for the PC.

They were actually trying to tempt competitive gamers into Hardline with 5v5 single life modes, rescue hostage and a protect the VIP mode and then they screw it all up with this nonsense.

9. Re: Battlefield Hardline Rewards Battlefield Veterans Feb 19, 2015, 00:47 DangerDog

ViRGE wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 21:29:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 20:44:
Isn't that even worse?

It means you can unlock stuff that you want like scopes for your guns in the order that you want them, there's still a mini kill streak required with a weapon before you unlock the ability to buy them.

The game just went pay-to-win by having "exclusive" pre-order weapons that aren't going to be available to you if you don't buy the deluxe edition.

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/568185539016278016

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Feb 18, 2015, 20:48 DangerDog

Nice to see the anti-gamer crowd still spewing out their bullshit. Stay classy TV writers.  

3. Re: Battlefield Hardline Rewards Battlefield Veterans Feb 18, 2015, 20:44 DangerDog

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 15, 2015, 16:49 DangerDog

ForgedReality wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 15:14:
Surprised people are still buying GTA5. I thought everyone on Steam already bought it.

Now watch the Steam version just be a small download of the SocialNetwork launch program and you need to use that to actually download the game from Rockstar.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 14, 2015, 15:03 DangerDog

Only backed two games, Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen. One I can play today the other is "too big to fail", well something will get released but it might not blow and wind up my skirt.  

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence
31. Re: Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence Feb 14, 2015, 03:46 DangerDog

At first I thought, oh cool a new Populous game with updated graphics but after looking over the project which wasn't really anything but a facade of Populous and seeing mobile ios devices listed I closed the kickstarter page.

thank godus!

News Comments > Matthew Higby Leaves Daybreak/PlanetSide 2
1. Re: Matthew Higby Leaves Daybreak/PlanetSide 2 Feb 13, 2015, 19:19 DangerDog

Well at least on his resume it won't say he was fired from is last job.

Looks like the new owners are trimming all the fat.

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow
1. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow Feb 13, 2015, 14:52 DangerDog

I know that these are niche games/sims but I feel like they've priced themselves out of any chance of picking up people on the fringe that would be interested in buying but don't because of sticker shock.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
13. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2015, 16:55 DangerDog

Wow, Evolve has 12 variations on the same map? I was wondering why they didn't have any different map themes in any of the alpha tests.

50 gig install requirement, what the hell for?

News Comments > Evolve Skin Costs Tallied
5. Re: Evolve Skin Costs Tallied Feb 11, 2015, 20:43 DangerDog

If people want to throw money at the developers because I guess they really like them or something, go for it.

The silly thing is that putting on fancy outfits for your hunters only benefits other people because only they can see it, aside from maybe a few cut scenes and perhaps looking at your dead character in kill cam you don't really even see what you look like.

For some, i'm sure this would drive their OCD into overdrive because they have to have everything in the game.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Patch
2. Re: Elite: Dangerous Patch Feb 10, 2015, 22:27 DangerDog

They have stations with landing pads on the outside of them. This is more like 2001 Space Odyssey, not Star Wars.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Evolve
35. Re: Ship Ahoy - Evolve Feb 10, 2015, 17:35 DangerDog

I know right, but seriously that trailer is some deceptive "we wish our game look and played like this" advertising.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 10, 2015, 15:24 DangerDog

I didn't think it sold that well, maybe it was a bigger deal on xbox because of the lack of games.

It would be cool if they did something more co-op campaign like for the story mode I suppose.

26. Re: Ship Ahoy - Evolve Feb 10, 2015, 15:11 DangerDog

DarkCntry wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 15:09:
I find it enjoyable, like I do most of the games I play.

I had the disposable income to purchase the $100 version cause I could.

Performance hasn't had any issues.

Bugs, outside of the loss of cursor, have been pretty much non-existent.

Solo play is great if you want to level up your character before going into multi.

It's a form of entertainment that I find entertaining, so yea.

cool dude, buy me a copy and you'll have at least one other guy to play with.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

from the look of the player population for the game you're going to need a hand full of friends to keep the ball rolling.

22. Re: Ship Ahoy - Evolve Feb 10, 2015, 14:59 DangerDog

Rattlehead wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 12:41:
Has anyone here played it yet? How is it? It's been getting good reviews.

LOL it is?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/273350/reviews/

I know that's just page after page of people raging over the DLC marketing nonsense, most are reviews of the alpha gameplay but has it really changed that much from then? The "theme" of the game sounded okay on paper, I think somewhere along the way it didn't quite "evolve" into a fun game though.

Let's take a classic monster game like the arcade classic Rampage, you get to be a monster, smashing buildings, eating people now imagine if you could have something like that in a Grand Theft Auto type setting where you have four people trying to take down a monster that's actually doing classic monster things in environments that are full of wonderful over the top destruction with little AI computer people running from you while you stomp them into the ground, swallow them whole or turn a whole crowd into a mini monster BBQ buffet with your fire breathing creature. You could still have your sci-fi setting for your "hunters".

What they've created here though is an arena based, spastic, button mashing fighting game where they thought that for some strange reason would make an awesome e-sports game? what?

19. Re: Ship Ahoy - Evolve Feb 10, 2015, 14:36 DangerDog

Holy false advertising batman!

Their "launch trailer" has just trumped all of the B.S. marketing Gearbox pulled on Aliens Colonial Marines, in fact this makes Randy Pitcford look like a stand up honest guy by comparison.

not a single "*actual gameplay not shown" disclaimer.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 10, 2015, 14:15 DangerDog

Titanfall 2?

*blinks*

why?

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Lost Contact Found
4. Re: Alien: Isolation Lost Contact Found Feb 10, 2015, 13:57 DangerDog

Even if they had recycled most of the areas from the main game a better experience would have been to have had them be single player story DLC from different character perspectives.

I still want to play Newt during the initial Alien outbreak on LV426 up to the point of being "rescued" by the marines.

4627 Comments. 232 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo