Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4902 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Collector's Edition
2. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Collector's Edition Jun 23, 2015, 14:20 DangerDog

I don't think this game has any chance of having dedicated servers, or at the very least host migration.

Not that you would really want to play this game in a random pup environment anyway.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Co-op Trailer
1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Co-op Trailer Jun 19, 2015, 21:30 DangerDog

Crysis 4?

I don't know why they bother when all anyone wants to play is 24/7 Nuke Town team deathmatch.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline DLC Monday
1. Re: Battlefield Hardline DLC Monday Jun 19, 2015, 21:17 DangerDog

I hate to say it because I actually like the game but I think on a whole this game has done more damage to the Battlefield brand than good, of course all will be forgotten when Battlefield 5 makes it's way to the masses.

The increase in visual fidelity capable with Frostbite 3 now that they're no longer restricted by supporting last gen consoles is stunning.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
21. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 19, 2015, 13:12 DangerDog

The only problem with the "Tish" character they link to in that 'mechanical apartheid' article is that the voice doesn't match up with the character model.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 18, 2015, 02:02 DangerDog

I know a lot of the community is against arena based combat for Elite but this really is the right thing to do, hopefully the timed exclusive isn't too long.  

News Comments > Arma III Tanoa Expansion
12. Re: Arma III Tanoa Expansion Jun 17, 2015, 23:42 DangerDog

Vio wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 19:34:
The player movement is fine. Its 1:1 to mouse now in Arma 3. Arma 2 was where they applied some weird ass reverse mouse acceleration along with clunky gun barrel sticking out mechanics.

What they need to fix is how badly AI affects the rendering performance, and rip out their net code and get someone else to write them a net code solution.

I would say player movement is just serviceable, when you moving around on the ground surface plane it works okay but if you move into buildings or climb on top of rocks in the environment it goes a little haywire most of the time. The controls and the UI never were overhauled, they need to have different controls and UI that are dependent on what you're doing - if you're just playing infantry grunt soldier you don't need a ton of menus to pick your weapons from, just make it direct input, press 1 for rifle and 2 for pistol etc.

I think you could still have realism and have a movement system similar to Battlefield, just look at Project Reality mod.

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Trailer
5. Re: American Truck Simulator Trailer Jun 17, 2015, 23:35 DangerDog

Can I go to truck stops and pick up meth and prostitutes?  

News Comments > Arma III Tanoa Expansion
4. Re: Arma III Tanoa Expansion Jun 17, 2015, 14:18 DangerDog

New terrain, same clunky "man simulator" gameplay with an unreasonably complex UI.

The visuals from Arma have always been amazing in screenshots and "tweaked" videos, but they just can't seem to modernize the player movement to something more fluid.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Trailer
21. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 16, 2015, 01:26 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 01:09:
Steele Johnson wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 00:42:
I can't wait for this one!

I will admit, it does scratch that itch.

And it has bots for those times I don't want to be spawn-camped by a 13 year old.

Has it been confirmed that they'll have bots for all multiplayer modes? I think I've only heard of them referencing the co-op missions as having bot support.

One thing's for sure, the 360 and PS3 have been holding back game developers and there by PC games for far too long.

1badmf wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 01:19:
something was bugging me about this video and that nailed it. if you can strike from orbit, there's no point in landing ground units, which was the whole point of the shield generator and the entire level.

Let's not start bringing logic into the game or the movie for that matter, the idea of using slow walking AT-AT type vehicles in the first place is beyond reckoning.

12. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 15, 2015, 23:11 DangerDog

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 21:34:
Sigh, this looks great. Danger Dog is right though, they are going to monetize/exploit the shit out of this. I'm afraid to see how bad the DLC/Battlepack/Premium/Whatever situation actually gets, I'm guessing approaching $200 this time around.

Still, it does look stupidly fun, sounds great too.

It's not probably going to be any different than Battlefield games, $60 for the base game and $50 for premium. The "Deluxe" edition is just early access to weapons so at least they're not pulling the exclusive weapons or textures thing with the "Deluxe" edition.

The release date put's it on target for Black Friday sales, at least here in the US.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Announced
2. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Announced Jun 15, 2015, 20:36 DangerDog

Ubisoft needs to slow down, they haven't even released last years game with a completely bullshit E3 trailer (The Division)  

4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 15, 2015, 20:06 DangerDog

$120 with some sort of premium DLC deal or another, ouch

I don't really need a lame single player campaign wasting space on my hard drive but I'd like to know more details about the different modes that they have in the game. How many chunks to the maps do you progress through? In the video it shows two fall-back points with the base generators in the back of the second part so I would assume there's at least one more stage to the "Walker Assault" mode on that map. I'm a bit worried about map fatigue since it's not as open play as say conquest mode from Battlefield but more like Rush mode.

The AT-AT's are on rails, that's been confirmed. I'm surprised they give cockpit view for the tie-fighters / xwings.

News Comments > Need for Speed in November
1. Re: Need for Speed in November Jun 15, 2015, 19:39 DangerDog

BF Hardline should have (could have) looked this good but making it for xbox360 and PS3 screwed the pooch.  

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst in February
8. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst in February Jun 15, 2015, 19:33 DangerDog

Cutter wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 19:27:
DangerDog wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 18:00:
Overtly oppressive corporate run society or not I could live in that world, everything is so clean.

I want to play this with the Oculus Rift and a barf bucket right next to me.

Move to Singapore in that case. Corporal punishment for littering. It's a very clean, very orderly city, and all you have to do is submit to the will of the state and give up your basic civil liberties.

They don't have enough clean drinking water, their toilet to tap system is just a little too crazy for me.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst in February
3. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst in February Jun 15, 2015, 18:00 DangerDog

Overtly oppressive corporate run society or not I could live in that world, everything is so clean.

I want to play this with the Oculus Rift and a barf bucket right next to me.

News Comments > DOOM Next Spring
21. Re: Doom Next Spring Jun 15, 2015, 06:19 DangerDog

If only they could have made the chainsaw procedurally carve up and kill enemies, that would have been impressive.

At lest it isn't pump A button to perform fatality move!

News Comments > DOOM Next Spring
11. Re: Doom Next Spring Jun 15, 2015, 01:24 DangerDog

Aside from the low console FOV it didn't look too bad, finishing kill animations look cool the first few times but then the repetition sets in and sort of ruins it.  

News Comments > Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware
6. Re: Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware Jun 14, 2015, 16:25 DangerDog

210 degree FOV, Sign me up! How could you have screen door effect at that resolution?

You'll have to go where the game support is though, I'm going to bet Oculus wins that battle.

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 2015, 16:36.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced
37. Re: Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced Jun 12, 2015, 00:29 DangerDog

Sepharo wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 21:46:
Looks like quite a few here didn't bother to read the article.
The Rift is only for PC.
Xbox One can stream games to Windows 10.
You can play those streaming Xbox One games on Windows 10 looking through your Rift at a "cinema screen".
It's a gimmick. One that doesn't even necessarily require a partnership or anything. I can already look at anything on my PC screen using my Rift and looking at a virtual "cinema screen".

ah but this is only the beginning, eventually you'll be able to interact with xbox one avatars through your PC in a virtual theater.

Flush

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
5. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 11, 2015, 18:23 DangerDog

Trevellian wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 17:28:
GTAV is NOT 30% off.

In fact Rockstar went out of their way to be dicks about it.
Made 3 bundles with Shark Cards or other games with GTAV that all come out to 59.99 no matter how you want to get the game.

Kind of a dick move if you ask me.

I read someones post thinking that they did this to avoid refunds, something about the way the Shark Cards being bundled means you won't be eligible for Steams new refund policy.

4902 Comments. 246 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo