Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4826 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. Mar 5, 2015, 02:18 DangerDog

I'm glad they offered up the Alpha to play mostly just to confirm what I suspected from day one when everyone was spazing out over the CGI trailer they released for E3, all I saw was a bland setting with only a hint of a good idea in its theme of hunting monsters.

I don't think they sold enough copies to keep the publisher off their back, beyond the obligation of finishing the pre-sold DLC I bet they get shut down shortly afterwords.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 5, 2015, 02:06 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 19:06:
Elite: Dangerous confirmed for Xbox One.

Ah, so that's where the money for offline single player went to.

Now watch it have a true offline mode on consoles lol

News Comments > PhysX Source Code Released for Free
10. Re: PhysX Source Code Released for Free Mar 4, 2015, 21:22 DangerDog

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 21:11:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 21:04:
SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 20:36:
Cutter wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 20:19:
I get Source 2 as those games will likely end up on Steam anyway,
They must be on steam.

Titanfall is a Source engine game, and it's not on Steam.
Source 2 games dude

Valve won’t be asking for any money at all. Well, sort of… They just require that the game be launched on Steam, along with anywhere else you might want to sell it.
Link

well crap, there goes my idea of making a Source 2 game and releasing it exclusively on the MS Store.

News Comments > EA Closing Maxis?
20. Re: EA Closing Maxis? Mar 4, 2015, 21:19 DangerDog

descender wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 18:51:
You guys left out SimCopter! Fly around in your own city!

The future used to be so much better.

you just liked watching the dudes in green speedos dance around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcQ9w9U1fEA

News Comments > Gigantic a Windows 10 Launch Game
5. Re: Gigantic a Windows 10 Launch Game Mar 4, 2015, 21:09 DangerDog

Not my kind of game but I'm sure it'll be popular with the "WoW" crowd.  

News Comments > EA Closing Maxis?
4. Re: EA Closing Maxis? Mar 4, 2015, 15:37 DangerDog

That looks like pretty swank digs for a game developer, compare that to the way Crytek jams people into a tiny space and it's amazing that EA paid the rent for so long.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage
15. Re: The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage Mar 4, 2015, 15:10 DangerDog

Maybe it's just youtube compression but that looked washed out and rather blurry.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Announced
10. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Announced Mar 4, 2015, 14:59 DangerDog

This looks.... really awesome

lol at the ending

News Comments > NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May
21. Re: NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May Mar 4, 2015, 14:56 DangerDog

The sink holes are where they put all the supercomputer servers.  

News Comments > NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May
18. Re: NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May Mar 4, 2015, 14:38 DangerDog

Too bad the telcoms in the late 90's didn't upgrade everyone to fiber like they were suppose to do - instead of pocketing the money, services like this might have been viable.

The last time I tried a game streaming service like this the experience was mediocre, you could play the game but you couldn't customize any settings like your control layout. It would suffice as a demo system to be able to try out a game but no way would I actually pay monthly for such service.

News Comments > Source Engine 2 Announced
32. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 4, 2015, 04:46 DangerDog

It's been so long that they could do just like Hollywood does and "reboot" the Half Life franchise.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation The Trigger Released
6. Re: Alien: Isolation The Trigger Released Mar 3, 2015, 15:23 DangerDog

gravity wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 14:50:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 13:59:
The DLC for this game was a train wreck.

They make these sound like you're getting extra story mode DLC but you'r not.

Even if they completely recycled the space station and only allowed you to play through the game part way from the perspective of different characters it would have been better than these extremely short "survivor mode" map packs.

Was it a train wreck? I'm not judging your opinion, by far, I'm just questioning if it's a 'train wreck' when it's the pre-release advertised DLC, as opposed to not mentioning details about DLC at all before offering 'Season Passes.'

I remember clearly reading their intentions for these DLC packs, and (admittedly) being a bit disappointed, but I signed on quickly and haven't really regretted it per se, but agree also that it could have been much more dynamic had there been story additions.

I think it was borderline false advertising where they lead you into believing there's more story content which completely deviates from what one would think they're getting.

Play as Ricardo and learn the truth behind the explosives on board Sevastopol.

That one line would trick the unsuspecting consumer into thinking there's an extra slice of single player story content in this DLC when in fact it's no more than just a five minute (or less) survivor mode map.

They know what people really want but didn't deliver on it. To me the "Season Pass" for this game is a perfect example of why you shouldn't buy into DLC like this before knowing what you're getting fully.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced
41. Re: Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced Mar 3, 2015, 14:22 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 03:56:
My question for the rest of you is, what FPS game are you playing that i'm obviously not? Is there something better that i'm really not aware of?

I've been fragging since Wolfenstein 3D, and FPS games have always spoken to me. I also have ADD and can't deal with the same small repetitive map over and over until my eyes bleed.

So.... what else is there? Planetside? I'd like a retail game i can buy, instead of F2P.

So tell me bluesnews members, what FPS are you playing?

Battlefield 4, surprisingly EA hasn't pulled the plug on support for it even though they're trying to push out a new one. There's a map update this month that will let you play some of the maps at night, there's a 6th DLC expected (maybe it'll be free even?) there's the community map project that will result in a new map.

I think that's the general consensus, why spend $70 for a game when there's lots of play left in BF4. I think they've priced it too high for what many consider a stop-gap Battlefield game before either BF5 (whatever that ends up to be) or the Star Wars Battlefront game which will have plenty of play mechanics ripped from Battlefield unless DICE have completely lost their marbles.

They're jerking people around with the extra $10 idiot tax for the extra guns in the Deluxe Edition - which are no more than copy and paste jobs from BF4 and the Premium for Hardline only has 4 DLC map packs compared to BF4's 5 DLC map packs - for the same price.

Pay more and get less, not that great of a marketing slogan but it's true to form with EA these days.

Otherwise I agree, the only competition that Battlefield has is with themselves.

News Comments > Unity 5 Released
5. Re: Unity 5 Released Mar 3, 2015, 14:11 DangerDog

Google's plunked down a huge wad of cash to support "Magic Leap" and supposedly the platform of choice for their augmented reality device is Unity. Maybe Google should buy up Unity and then release it for free-ish like UDK.

Then Microsoft can buy up CryEngine and release it for free, yeah that's a stretch but I would think Google would be able to take over Unity and keep the cogs in the machine from grinding to a halt.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation The Trigger Released
2. Re: Alien: Isolation The Trigger Released Mar 3, 2015, 13:59 DangerDog

The DLC for this game was a train wreck.

They make these sound like you're getting extra story mode DLC but you'r not.

Even if they completely recycled the space station and only allowed you to play through the game part way from the perspective of different characters it would have been better than these extremely short "survivor mode" map packs.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Free
44. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Free Mar 3, 2015, 03:46 DangerDog

Return of the shareware model of selling games? Want to unlock the rest of the game then pay for the content.

I think you could release a game for free, let everyone torrent it or whatever and if it's a multiplayer game just charge a nominal fee for things like stat tracking and rank progression. If you don't pay you can still play but you don't get the stat tracking.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced
23. Re: Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced Mar 2, 2015, 18:04 DangerDog

$120 for the deluxe version of the game and premium.

I guess you need to rob a bank to be able to play Battlefield now.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Free
22. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Free Mar 2, 2015, 14:52 DangerDog

*talent not included

nor the thousands of hours you'll need to dedicate to learning how to actually make something with it.

at least people won't need to hunt down a pre-compiled virus laden version of Unreal anymore.

News Comments > HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed
43. Re: HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed Mar 2, 2015, 02:52 DangerDog

I don't know how they could possibly cover the lawsuits from people being injured while walking around with a headset like this on, if it's just some sort of augmented reality gimmick then I'll take a pass in the whole thing.

I can't imagine there are too many people who want to play games standing up either, the whole kinect thing was mostly a failure because of that.

News Comments > Ascent Early Access Ascent
4. Re: Ascent Early Access Ascent Feb 28, 2015, 17:25 DangerDog

This is like something from the late 90's graphics wise. Did Derek Smart have something to do with this project?  

4826 Comments. 242 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo