Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4361 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial
10. Re: Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial Aug 16, 2014, 13:58 DangerDog

No denying they have talented artists working for them but I would rather see extremely crude graphics with proof of concept that they've overcome the technical limitations that usually face developers when they try to do multi-crew vehicles over an internet connection, the sync issues alone usually makes everything so jittery and laggy you can't even move.

Then you look at what Elite Dangerous is doing and you get a feeling of real development progress going on, working on core gameplay systems before adding in layers of eye candy. With Star Citizen it feels like they're just targeting the next game show demo presentation and it's all held together with rubber bands and shoe strings.

I hope I'm wrong but I've got a bad feeling about this.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner
7. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 16, 2014, 13:43 DangerDog

This winning "best" anything is a joke, I would hand it to Witcher 3 before this mess of a game.

I think they got the whole "evolve" part wrong, you should maybe start out like a tiny monster and you know... evolve. All you seemed to do was unlock new abilities. I thought at the very least there would be some sort of level progression where you would sort of travel through maps in chunks while keeping the action somewhat focused and not the round-robbin race track map design they had in the alpha.

Rampage would have made a better conversion to FPS than what they have here, at least in that game you get to do cool stuff like destroy buildings and eat people.

The game was delayed so maybe they can correct the ship but with stories like this pumping them up with a false sense of accomplishment I'm guessing they'll spend the extra time on performance issues and more DLC.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers
20. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 15:32 DangerDog

Creston wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 10:54:
Please don't pull a Ubisoft and the final game looks only half as good as this...

It does look too good to be true, what's the budget for this game anyway?

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Modes Revealed
7. Re: Battlefield Hardline Modes Revealed Aug 13, 2014, 17:29 DangerDog

Looks pretty good to me, I still think the cops vs robbers is a good match for Battlefield.

News Comments > BioWare Announces Shadow Realms
29. Re: BioWare Announces Shadow Realms Aug 13, 2014, 15:09 DangerDog

Some sort of portal like cross over to a D&D world from a modern one, will I be able to take my M16+grenade launcher into battle against skeleton warriors?

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox-clusivity "Has a Duration"
6. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox-clusivity Aug 13, 2014, 15:01 DangerDog

Do people really follow Tomb Raider enough to warrant making it "timed" exclusive for the xbone?

News Comments > Armored Warfare Trailer
2. Re: Armored Warfare Trailer Aug 12, 2014, 21:59 DangerDog

They can keep the game private too.  

News Comments > SEGA Offers Aliens Lawsuit Settlement
10. Re: SEGA Offers Aliens Lawsuit Settlement Aug 12, 2014, 15:17 DangerDog

Now SEGA needs to get their pound of flesh from Gearbox, or maybe they already did behind closed doors.

Randy and Co. were the ones that screwed the pooch with their E3 demo and saying how everything you see is in game, I did notice SEGA sanitized their site of all that footage as soon as the pitchforks started to come out but by that time it was too late.

I pre-ordered ACM and while it was a let down it wasn't the worst game ever.

News Comments > More King's Quest Details
5. Re: More King's Quest Details Aug 12, 2014, 15:04 DangerDog

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 14:57:
Bill Borre wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 11:52:
But will the game punish you with death for exploring the environment and then mock you?
Nope, because a lot of the "kids" today would throw a hissy fit.

I'd love to see the return of a text parser.

I just don't even see point and click adventure games being popular anymore, unless it's the sublimely simplified mechanic of pointing and clicking to kill things. I don't hold out any hope for a hyper realistic game that can be played on Rift either.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Multiplayer Details; Video
3. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Multiplayer Details; Video Aug 11, 2014, 19:55 DangerDog

More like the knee jerk reaction to Titanfall.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Multiplayer Details; Video
1. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Multiplayer Details; Video Aug 11, 2014, 19:11 DangerDog

They've taken it as far as it can go and have finally jumped the shark, next one is probably going to be a reboot back to WWII.  

News Comments > System Shock 2 Turns 15
4. Re: System Shock 2 Turns 15 Aug 11, 2014, 19:06 DangerDog

I only finished the game with a cheat that turned off the weapon degradation and never ending monster spawns.

Shame that the original ending cinematic went up in smoke with a hard drive crash.

News Comments > John Romero's New Shooter Plans
8. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 11, 2014, 19:01 DangerDog

key word "collaborator"

Doom and Quake were both lightning in a bottle type moment in time.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 10, 2014, 15:03 DangerDog

And now EA will say that the profit margins aren't there to make NCAA games anymore, but won't relinquish the license.  

News Comments > Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander
6. Re: Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander Aug 10, 2014, 14:55 DangerDog

Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 10:30:
Sorry, but adding modes to the arena does not seem to be moving this game closer to the very long list of goals that it has. I understand not wanting modellers to sit idle while you are programming, but is RSI seriously telling me with this that their programmers have nothing to do but add modes to the arena? Seriously?

I'm sure they would say something like "it was a quick and easy addition" I think they should focus more on making the basic combat simulation better like Elite Dangerous did. If they want to throw some resources at something how about TrackIR support, it adds a new dimension to these types of games where once you play with it enabled you can't play without.

Right now there are people trying to hack it into Arena Commander but it's just that a hack and you can only "freelook" you can't fire weapons while using TrackIR.

Maybe they're fighting against some brick walls in the CryEngine and it's putting entire teams in a waiting pattern. I think someone posted about how they seem to be more focused on making demos for the next game convention than really going head first into development.

They probably only have a handful of people that are really capable of working at the code level of CryEngine.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
5. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 9, 2014, 20:44 DangerDog

It's too expensive, might as well just buy a convertible laptop. And if you just want a tablet to e-read and consume video on there are much cheaper options.

Windows RT was a huge mistake as well, guess they didn't learn anything from the failure of Windows NT for RISC systems.

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 2014, 20:49.

News Comments > Boss Key Looking to Re-earn Trust
14. Re: Boss Key Looking to Re-earn Trust Aug 9, 2014, 19:09 DangerDog

Fly wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 17:22:
One thing is for certain, whatever they will be working on will shake the foundations which games like Quake and Unreal built. I just hope it's not a tablet game.

I somehow doubt it. People who really enjoyed Quake and Unreal went far beyond what the core games offered, they enjoyed the mods and free maps - or the ability to make said maps. Not to mention hosting their own servers.

News Comments > Boss Key Looking to Re-earn Trust
7. Re: Boss Key Looking to Re-earn Trust Aug 9, 2014, 15:30 DangerDog

Toxikk has stole his thunder, especially since it wont be free-to-fail. And if not that then I would expect the new Unreal Tournament to be a place where people looking for a twitch shooter to hang their that.

I would say he's about 20 years too late for reviving the arena shooter genre. I don't know why he's fawning over Tribes skiing, pretty sure I read an interview of him saying he hated the vertical gameplay of Starsiege Tribes.

News Comments > SSI Vets form TSI
8. Re: SSI Vets form TSI Aug 8, 2014, 16:53 DangerDog

all this retro gaming news is crazy today  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 8, 2014, 16:19 DangerDog

He says that running a software development company helped prepare him for starting up his game studio but I would disagree, sounds like he went in way too big before he was ready. Did he never breakdown the profit margin from developing mobile games? Even as a complete noob I would take one look at multi-platform development for mobile and say no freak'n way.

He apparently didn't start off small enough, mobile game development is something you do in your spare time and if you strike gold then maybe expand into an actual business.

I still can't imagine why a simple flip book would be so hard to make, could it be that he's not as gifted of a programer that he thinks he is? Why would you even consider doing some lame in app purchase on a simple children's flip book?

Good luck with his PC endeavors, maybe third times the charm.

4361 Comments. 219 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo