Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4348 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 10, 2014, 15:03 DangerDog

And now EA will say that the profit margins aren't there to make NCAA games anymore, but won't relinquish the license.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander
6. Re: Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander Aug 10, 2014, 14:55 DangerDog

Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 10:30:
Sorry, but adding modes to the arena does not seem to be moving this game closer to the very long list of goals that it has. I understand not wanting modellers to sit idle while you are programming, but is RSI seriously telling me with this that their programmers have nothing to do but add modes to the arena? Seriously?

I'm sure they would say something like "it was a quick and easy addition" I think they should focus more on making the basic combat simulation better like Elite Dangerous did. If they want to throw some resources at something how about TrackIR support, it adds a new dimension to these types of games where once you play with it enabled you can't play without.

Right now there are people trying to hack it into Arena Commander but it's just that a hack and you can only "freelook" you can't fire weapons while using TrackIR.

Maybe they're fighting against some brick walls in the CryEngine and it's putting entire teams in a waiting pattern. I think someone posted about how they seem to be more focused on making demos for the next game convention than really going head first into development.

They probably only have a handful of people that are really capable of working at the code level of CryEngine.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
5. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 9, 2014, 20:44 DangerDog

It's too expensive, might as well just buy a convertible laptop. And if you just want a tablet to e-read and consume video on there are much cheaper options.

Windows RT was a huge mistake as well, guess they didn't learn anything from the failure of Windows NT for RISC systems.

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 2014, 20:49.

News Comments > Boss Key Looking to Re-earn Trust
14. Re: Boss Key Looking to Re-earn Trust Aug 9, 2014, 19:09 DangerDog

Fly wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 17:22:
One thing is for certain, whatever they will be working on will shake the foundations which games like Quake and Unreal built. I just hope it's not a tablet game.

I somehow doubt it. People who really enjoyed Quake and Unreal went far beyond what the core games offered, they enjoyed the mods and free maps - or the ability to make said maps. Not to mention hosting their own servers.

News Comments > Boss Key Looking to Re-earn Trust
7. Re: Boss Key Looking to Re-earn Trust Aug 9, 2014, 15:30 DangerDog

Toxikk has stole his thunder, especially since it wont be free-to-fail. And if not that then I would expect the new Unreal Tournament to be a place where people looking for a twitch shooter to hang their that.

I would say he's about 20 years too late for reviving the arena shooter genre. I don't know why he's fawning over Tribes skiing, pretty sure I read an interview of him saying he hated the vertical gameplay of Starsiege Tribes.

News Comments > SSI Vets form TSI
8. Re: SSI Vets form TSI Aug 8, 2014, 16:53 DangerDog

all this retro gaming news is crazy today  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 8, 2014, 16:19 DangerDog

He says that running a software development company helped prepare him for starting up his game studio but I would disagree, sounds like he went in way too big before he was ready. Did he never breakdown the profit margin from developing mobile games? Even as a complete noob I would take one look at multi-platform development for mobile and say no freak'n way.

He apparently didn't start off small enough, mobile game development is something you do in your spare time and if you strike gold then maybe expand into an actual business.

I still can't imagine why a simple flip book would be so hard to make, could it be that he's not as gifted of a programer that he thinks he is? Why would you even consider doing some lame in app purchase on a simple children's flip book?

Good luck with his PC endeavors, maybe third times the charm.

News Comments > Sierra Entertainment Revival
24. Re: Sierra Entertainment Revival Aug 8, 2014, 15:14 DangerDog

I doubt we would even have PC gaming today if it weren't for Sierra.

News Comments > Wings! Remastered Edition Takes Off This Year
8. Re: Wings! Remastered Edition Takes Off This Year Aug 8, 2014, 14:09 DangerDog

I don't think I'm that nostalgic for a 16bit game, Elite Dangerous is the right kind of remastering of a classic. This one plays it too close to just an HD version of the original.

I guess if they price it accordingly then maybe.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Core Changes Next Month
10. Re: Battlefield 4 Core Changes Next Month Aug 8, 2014, 01:00 DangerDog

Techie714 wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 00:42:
Task wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 20:27:
They are also bringing classic mode back, which is awesome I have to say. Its just like BF2, with no Regen, but with normal weapon damages (unlike hardcore) and no 3D Hud triangles (doritos).

Source?

I saw it on Reddit directing to a post from a DICE dev on Battlelog. I wasn't sure what "classic mode" was though, thanks for the info.

News Comments > The Making of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Part 2
1. Re: The Making of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Part 2 Aug 7, 2014, 22:17 DangerDog

still need to finish the second one.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 7, 2014, 14:13 DangerDog

When kids can prove they have a basic level of education to read, write and do basic math then they should be allowed to have access to things like the internet and technology in the classroom, as a tool not a babysitter.  

News Comments > Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies Announced
15. Re: Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies Announced Aug 7, 2014, 14:10 DangerDog

Dirwulf wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 12:50:
Enough with the fucking zombies already.

I agree, more robots please!

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs
22. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 14:09 DangerDog

I'll probably end up being a free game with video card from AMD, maybe they can pick up some table scraps by doing that.  

News Comments > Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds
11. Re: Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds Aug 6, 2014, 14:19 DangerDog

Did they not have that video up when people bought it, five seconds of watching would have shown you what a crappy mobile version the game it was.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2014, 01:48 DangerDog

How are they catching these laser strike retards? Is it the big fat reward or are they somehow digging through a mountain of data to see who purchased lasers in an area?  

News Comments > Armored Warfare Video Diary
2. Re: Armored Warfare Video Diary Aug 5, 2014, 21:02 DangerDog

Oh, it's free to play fail. I suppose they are after that WoT money, good luck to them on that.

For some reason this seems to look really odd not having infantry on the maps yet in WoT it seems to work. Maybe it's the modern combat setting.

News Comments > Take 2 Financials; Evolve Delayed
6. Re: Take 2 Financials; Evolve Delayed Aug 5, 2014, 20:56 DangerDog

You can't go from Alpha to finished game in less than two months, people who enjoyed the game should be glad that take 2 isn't just shoving what they have out the door.

Personally I think they need to work on the design some more, there's a really good game lurking in there somewhere but I think it needs more time to distill it down.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 5, 2014, 14:44 DangerDog

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 13:03:
a computer that takes 7 minutes to boot up must to ancient, maybe they need to upgrade them.

Not even an 8086 takes 7 minutes to boot up, from floppy yet.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained
25. Re: Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained Aug 5, 2014, 14:40 DangerDog

Zanthar wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 14:27:
I don't think you can judge whats going on behind the scenes in production from just a few press blurbs. We'll have to wait and see what happens. Chris Roberts has an impressive track record of delivering some awesome games back in the day.

If he doesn't deliver with SC, his career in the gaming industry will be over for good. He will lose respect and all of his achievements will become worthless. There will be no recovery from failure since he took $50mil directly from the pockets of gamers. If that's not enough motivation for him NOT to fail then he'll deserve the brutal end to his career that he will get.

He would make a great used car salesman, so he can always fall back on that.

I don't think he'll ever be without money as long as rendered images of space ships sell as well as they seem to.

4348 Comments. 218 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo