Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4466 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Evil Within; Specs Revealed
24. Re: Gone Gold - The Evil Within; Specs Revealed Sep 26, 2014, 02:49 DangerDog

Watched the trailer on their site, just another lame attempt at making a gore shock game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Trailers
3. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailers Sep 25, 2014, 20:31 DangerDog

Generally I find games that try to be scary more stupid than frightening.

This looks like it could be a first, unless the AI is completely predictable.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 25, 2014, 16:14 DangerDog

I wish Samsung still made physical drives, I still have a bunch of one a two tb drives spinning.

It's like musical chairs with hard drive manufactures, now Hitachi went to WD and is now Toshiba. I'm surprised they kept the "Deathstar" Deskstar branding after what IBM did to the name.

I blame a lot of this on hard drive manufactures doing really stupid shit to be "green" by constantly shutting off the drive and then spinning it back up again on access.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer
2. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer Sep 24, 2014, 22:26 DangerDog

Quake engine tech never looked so good.  

News Comments > Borderlands The Pre-Sequel Trailer
5. Re: Borderlands The Pre-Sequel Trailer Sep 23, 2014, 22:15 DangerDog

At least it shows actual gameplay, I'll give them props for that.  

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Sep 23, 2014, 21:52 DangerDog

Look like a cool game but those graphics, can these indie guys step it up to at least 16bit?  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Progress Report
10. Re: Battlefield Hardline Progress Report Sep 23, 2014, 21:31 DangerDog

It's obvious that they used BF4 as the jump off point for creating Hardline. I see it more as a 2142 type game, same engine but different theme.

The asset recycling is going to be pretty hard to avoid given the theme is so close to a military shooter.

8. Re: Battlefield Hardline Progress Report Sep 23, 2014, 21:13 DangerDog

I'm pretty sure these guys are also in charge of the "community test environment" for BF4 and so they should have a good idea of what to add to Hardline that people want in a Battlefield game.

I've read the improved handling of vehicles they've supposedly implemented in Hardline since the beta version is going to get integrated into a patch for BF4.

Of course they've also painted themselves in a corner in terms of what they can do since they still have to support Xbox 360 & PS 3 in whatever they make.

2. Re: Battlefield Hardline Progress Report Sep 23, 2014, 20:57 DangerDog

I doubt they can shake the "this is just a BF4 mod!!!" tainted image that people have judged this game to be.  

News Comments > Borderlands The Pre-Sequel Trailer
1. Re: Borderlands The Pre-Sequel Trailer Sep 23, 2014, 20:38 DangerDog

They've sort of priced themselves beyond a reasonable amount for a 4 pack, not that I've seen one offered yet.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Sep 22, 2014, 19:48 DangerDog

BF2 had some really funny idle animations, I think the sniper stuck his finger into a ring on the gun and gets it stuck.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 22, 2014, 17:31 DangerDog

Industrial things like remote surgery using VR headset aside, on the consumer front I don't think he offers a convincing argument.

I don't get the virtual meeting thing, what would be so special about being in VR for that? I can only see the panoramic video thing working for special things like virtual trips through museums. I'm more than content with watching 2d screens for movies, I don't need to sit in a virtual theater to enhance the experience - I don't even like going to the theater anymore as it is.

That really sounds like a technology gimmick looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Everyone to the basement for some VR Halo on my Nintendo!

News Comments > PC GTA5 First-Person Support?
18. Re: PC GTA5 First-Person Support? Sep 22, 2014, 12:55 DangerDog

It was a cool mod for GTAIV, really brings the game to life if you ask me. I still prefer 3rd person for the driving parts though, or front bumper cam view.  

News Comments > New Oculus VR Unit; Carmack's VR Talk
9. Re: New Oculus VR Unit; Carmack's VR Talk Sep 21, 2014, 17:41 DangerDog

I just hope it's a full 1440p and not using any sort of custom mode that stretches out on the edges like he was mentioning in the video.  

News Comments > New Oculus VR Unit; Carmack's VR Talk
7. Re: New Oculus VR Unit; Carmack's VR Talk Sep 21, 2014, 17:16 DangerDog

Screw VR, when can I download Carmack's brain?

I didn't know that Oculus were so deep in the trenches helping out Samsung's Gear VR. I can appreciate the desire for an untethered VR experience but I'm not sure I would want to strap a cellphone to the front of my head for hours on end. I'll let others be the guinea pig for that great experiment.

The big question is will the consumer version of Oculus be the higher res unit?

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month
42. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month Sep 19, 2014, 21:09 DangerDog

harlock wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 19:14:
does anyone know if there are plans for player owned stations or factories or something like that?

pretty sure that this won't happen, I can't remember the specifics as to why not.

News Comments > Battleborn Co-op Video
1. Re: Battleborn Co-op Video Sep 19, 2014, 20:25 DangerDog

I have a feeling that rather than putting much effort into enemy AI they'll just buff their stats to make them harder to take down and deal more damage.

35. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month Sep 19, 2014, 18:05 DangerDog

If you never played Elite before then I guess the lack of a linear story mode might seem confusing but you can't say that there's no content in the game worthy of buying because it lacks that kind of structure.

It's not a game that you have a "winning" condition, maybe you could set a goal to become "Elite" but there's no end game cinematic once you achieve that goal.

28. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month Sep 19, 2014, 16:19 DangerDog

Sho wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 16:10:
Hey, can I ask something stupid and basic?

Does this game offer anything for folks who like story-driven singleplayer, or is it purely sandbox when played alone? Is there any sort of story campaign?

It's sandbox, the 'story' is about whatever you do in the game. I have read though that there will be missions that sound sort of like they might be laid out in a campaign structure that will be added at some point. Most likely when you join one of the military branches you'll be given missions that are focused around that element or theme.

News Comments > SQUARE ENIX's Cloud Plans
6. Re: SQUARE ENIX's Cloud Plans Sep 19, 2014, 14:49 DangerDog

Unless internet providers change their evil ways this is dead on arrival. Way too many providers impose bandwidth caps that are insanely limited and now they want to put speed caps on your data as well essentially throttling you dependent on the content you want to access.

Good luck getting your game streaming service off the ground in such a hostile consumer unfriendly environment that the internet is quickly eroding into.

4466 Comments. 224 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo