Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4950 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads
3. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads May 2, 2015, 19:17 DangerDog

that would ruffle feathers for sure, they don't even use the swastika in these games anymore.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 1, 2015, 20:58 DangerDog

Hololens, is it even safe to strap a highspeed network adapter to your head?  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Tips
3. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Tips May 1, 2015, 20:49 DangerDog

Slick wrote on May 1, 2015, 20:07:
BEST REVIEWED PC GAME OF ALL TIME

MOUSE CONTROLS DONT EVEN WORK PROPERLY

BHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

What doesn't work? I don't have any mouse issues (that I'm aware of).

News Comments > DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley
44. Re: DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley May 1, 2015, 17:07 DangerDog

The shadows still make it look like a video game, still you could probably use this kind of real-time rendered graphics for a lot of movies without anyone complaining about it.

200gb game installs? I don't know how feasible that would be given the poor state of the internet in the majority of places. Is this going to be their argument for streaming game content from "the cloud"?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans
65. Re: Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans Apr 29, 2015, 22:03 DangerDog

Krovven wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 19:23:
DangerDog wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 16:58:
Krovven wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 16:20:
DangerDog wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 15:02:
As for this FOV issue, I've seen some posts saying people have had a warning pop up about not using mods but where is the link to the posts about being banned on reddit? Rockstar is super busy putting crappy LOD filters in the game but they can't be bothered with increasing the FOV limit to at least 90 degrees?

The bulk of GTA online is PvE with the heists being the main draw, if they're going to single me out for increasing the first person FOV to 90 then I'll just play the single player with a crack file if necessary and then delete the game. The PvP modes in GTA Online are complete crap, it's no wonder why people treat the open world lobby as a never ending deathmatch event.

LOL. I'm sorry but it was very clearly stated in the details for the FoV mod that it accesses the memory, which could very likely get you banned. This was actually a warning from the author before you downloaded the file.

If any moron was dumb enough to go ahead and use it, they got what they deserved. Does the FoV mod specifically allow you to cheat? Debatable. But anything that accesses the memory for a game, is going to be bannable, by any dev for any game.

If this game really has any ant-cheat protection, it's not working.

Obviously it is otherwise these people wouldn't have been banned. You aren't gonna get people complaining they were banned for other cheats. And no modern anti cheat I'm aware of is instant. They accumulate the data and then do bans. Vac, Blizz's system etc are the same.

These people could also be using cheats and are getting voted in game for being disruptive.

55. Re: Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans Apr 29, 2015, 16:58 DangerDog

Krovven wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 16:20:
DangerDog wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 15:02:
As for this FOV issue, I've seen some posts saying people have had a warning pop up about not using mods but where is the link to the posts about being banned on reddit? Rockstar is super busy putting crappy LOD filters in the game but they can't be bothered with increasing the FOV limit to at least 90 degrees?

The bulk of GTA online is PvE with the heists being the main draw, if they're going to single me out for increasing the first person FOV to 90 then I'll just play the single player with a crack file if necessary and then delete the game. The PvP modes in GTA Online are complete crap, it's no wonder why people treat the open world lobby as a never ending deathmatch event.

LOL. I'm sorry but it was very clearly stated in the details for the FoV mod that it accesses the memory, which could very likely get you banned. This was actually a warning from the author before you downloaded the file.

If any moron was dumb enough to go ahead and use it, they got what they deserved. Does the FoV mod specifically allow you to cheat? Debatable. But anything that accesses the memory for a game, is going to be bannable, by any dev for any game.

If this game really has any ant-cheat protection, it's not working.

54. Re: Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans Apr 29, 2015, 16:48 DangerDog

4D-Boxing wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 16:24:
Reading Bluesnews saved me money again! I'll just get Toxikk this weekend and wait for FOV mods to be supported. Can't stand 3rd person. Yes, i'm old and missing out etc..

In reality you're better off shooting weapons in 3rd person as it's easier to get headshots and track multiple targets faster - it shouldn't be this way but the first person feels like an add-on after the fact novelty. Sniping is first person regardless so it's mostly when you're shooting with an pistol, assault rifle, shotgun that you do the over the shoulder 3rd person shooting. Driving is better 3rd person all the way as is flying helicopters and planes, at least for me - some do like driving in first person.

I just use first person when walking around in the world for the immersion.

47. Re: Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans Apr 29, 2015, 15:02 DangerDog

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 14:16:
He then repaid the server for his torment by loading up a different hack and coming back on with the animated car erupting money bags at the airport. LOL

It's a TRAP!

I played with a blatant cheater in a match of survival, dude was firing rockets out of a minigun. It didn't bother me because it's a PvE mode and he even asked if I wanted to just blow through the rounds fast. I still got in some kills myself.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Apr 28, 2015, 21:41 DangerDog

I think Rockstar intends the game to be completely lawless, they're really not going to lift a finger to deal with people using cheats.

They have that "report a player" thing in game, you can also kick a player from the server on vote kick but they're not banned from the game.

News Comments > Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds
28. Re: Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds Apr 28, 2015, 01:01 DangerDog

Should have been a tip jar, and not 75% of the tips going to Valve and Bethesda.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Announcement
13. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Announcement Apr 27, 2015, 15:44 DangerDog

OldDirtyEwok wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 11:18:
Maybe if they drop their shitty P2P for dedicated servers I'll change my mind.

I'm pretty sure BOII had instanced dedicated servers.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III in November; Preorder for Beta Access; Specs Released
11. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III in November; Preorder for Beta Access; Specs Released Apr 26, 2015, 16:57 DangerDog

It's transforming into Crysis.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III in November; Preorder for Beta Access; Specs Released
9. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III in November; Preorder for Beta Access; Specs Released Apr 26, 2015, 16:29 DangerDog

Wonder how much of the original Quake engine is still under the hood.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month
25. Re: Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month Apr 24, 2015, 16:00 DangerDog

Flatline wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 15:51:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 14:50:
The content bitching is the reason I've never actually picked up this game. It's top of Steams best sellers list for a long time now. I've seen lots of video of people playing it but I feel like this is a released too early kind of game and the developers realize this and are working very hard to increase content (which is good). I can see this being a very good game in a year if they keep the pace up. Until then, I'll continue with the other video games that have content.

Also,
I feel like this is the time to bring up the steam stats page that Evolve is no longer anywhere on that list.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

I feel bad for and angry at anyone who purchased that game. They fed a shitty developer too much money and that developer will do the same again.

ED was absolutely released too early for what is probably contractual obligations. That being said, most of the "I burned out" complainers all said like "I put over 80 hours into ED and I feel like there's nothing to do any more!" One I remember complained that after like 200 hours he didn't feel like there was anything worth doing.

So really even at launch there was probably "content enough for the cost".

Elite strikes me as playing the long game though if it can remain popular enough. We're 4 months into the official launch and they are adding major aspects of the plan into the game, in addition to things that weren't in the design docs. So that's really good.

I think one aspect that didn't quite pan out is the hope that through "procedural routines" there would be enough unique things to look at in the game world, let's face it once you've seen one space station you've seen them all. Even before release there was enough content to match the old Elite in terms of checklist features but that's just not enough for gamers today. The original goal was to remake Elite with better graphics after all.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month
22. Re: Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month Apr 24, 2015, 15:52 DangerDog

Without having a scripted single player campaign I don't see this as being marketable to people on consoles. I think there are plenty of parallels that you can draw between ED and say GTA Online where you can free roam the map and either take on missions or do activities like steal cars and deliver them to a warehouse for money - the equivalent to "space trucking" in ED.

But that's only one component to the game and without a more formal scripted campaign that's the way it's going to seem to Xbox players - if it doesn't already to many PC players as well.

News Comments > King's Quest Trailer
8. Re: King's Quest Trailer Apr 24, 2015, 01:23 DangerDog

Yeah, I don't know if this game is going to strike the nostalgia feeling for people who grew up with these games, and if it turns into the lameness that Telltale calls an "adventure game" then forget it.

It would have to be something open world almost GTA style, this looks like camera locked scenes with quick time events - more like Dragon's Lair.

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
44. Re: Just realized something... Apr 23, 2015, 17:13 DangerDog

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 16:16:
Anyone remember Quake Aliens back in 1997 that was "Fox'ed"?
Are we going to have publishers that use to have games on Steam with Workshop support pull their games because they aren't getting a cut of the money? And we are going to see lawsuits for people stealing other people's content and including it in 'All in One' mods and/or Int. Property rights?

Sounds like it's up to the publisher to allow for paid mods, the real question is are they going to shut down places like Nexusmod that release the content for free?

The dependency issue seems like a huge problem, so many mods depend on other mods to be installed in order to work. Some mods will cause your game to crash if you install them incorrectly or in combinations that are incompatible. There's a ton of copyrighted material in mods like changing the dragons out for my little ponies, it's doubtful that most of the "sexy female" models are hand crafted and not ripped from some 3D model collection.

News Comments > GTA5 Account Loss Follow-ups
8. Re: GTA5 Account Loss Follow-ups Apr 22, 2015, 21:15 DangerDog

We are aware that unauthorized attempts have been made to access Rockstar Games Social Club accounts using email and password combinations sourced from unaffiliated, compromised websites or databases elsewhere on the internet. For the accounts affected, we are in the process of reverting those accounts back to their original owners. As a result, the ability to change email addresses for Social Club accounts has been temporarily disabled. See the following Rockstar Support article for more information here. As a reminder, it is a good policy to ensure that the Rockstar Games Social Club account username and password is not shared across multiple websites on the internet. For accounts affected with this issue, we are working to respond to customers to reinstate full user access within 24 hours of contacting Customer Support. Please continue to look to the Rockstar Support website for more information as it develops.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/204927218

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patched
19. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 22, 2015, 03:51 DangerDog

InBlack wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 02:30:
Slick wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 21:05:
fixed the consolised shitty laggy mouse controls yet? you know the ones that literally move faster or slower depending on your frame rate? where "raw" input has 100ms latency? fixed that yet? nope?

fuck yourself

Had a chance to check it out at a friend's house yesterday for a couple of hours, he has a M+Keyboard combo (no controller) and when I tried the game I have to say I experienced what you are talking about. The movement is strangely laggy, especially the mouse look. In the cars its not so bad. I have a feeling that the game would work much better with a controller (which I happen to have at home) so we will try it again with a Logitech Dualshock (or whatever its called) today and report back on how it plays. With that said, the game is still a ton of fun, and I will be buying it as soon as I can afford it.

I guess I'm not having an issue with frame rate as I'm not experiencing any input lag on my mouse.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Early Access
5. Re: Killing Floor 2 Early Access Apr 21, 2015, 16:56 DangerDog

The eula is basically saying if they dont like your mods or what you are doing in game they will remove your game from steam with no refunds

hmmm, I guess that's the same as being banned for cheating but under what pretext would they not like your mods? Replacing the monsters in the game with women and children?

4950 Comments. 248 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo