Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5026 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM Next Spring
11. Re: Doom Next Spring Jun 15, 2015, 01:24 DangerDog

Aside from the low console FOV it didn't look too bad, finishing kill animations look cool the first few times but then the repetition sets in and sort of ruins it.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware
6. Re: Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware Jun 14, 2015, 16:25 DangerDog

210 degree FOV, Sign me up! How could you have screen door effect at that resolution?

You'll have to go where the game support is though, I'm going to bet Oculus wins that battle.

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 2015, 16:36.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced
37. Re: Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced Jun 12, 2015, 00:29 DangerDog

Sepharo wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 21:46:
Looks like quite a few here didn't bother to read the article.
The Rift is only for PC.
Xbox One can stream games to Windows 10.
You can play those streaming Xbox One games on Windows 10 looking through your Rift at a "cinema screen".
It's a gimmick. One that doesn't even necessarily require a partnership or anything. I can already look at anything on my PC screen using my Rift and looking at a virtual "cinema screen".

ah but this is only the beginning, eventually you'll be able to interact with xbox one avatars through your PC in a virtual theater.

Flush

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
5. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 11, 2015, 18:23 DangerDog

Trevellian wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 17:28:
GTAV is NOT 30% off.

In fact Rockstar went out of their way to be dicks about it.
Made 3 bundles with Shark Cards or other games with GTAV that all come out to 59.99 no matter how you want to get the game.

Kind of a dick move if you ask me.

I read someones post thinking that they did this to avoid refunds, something about the way the Shark Cards being bundled means you won't be eligible for Steams new refund policy.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
4. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 11, 2015, 15:57 DangerDog

harlock wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 11:14:
star wars is for little toddlers and babies

MEESA JAR JAR!!! MEESA NOT EWOK!

Ewoks are a given but I'm rather glad they're not putting any prequel content into the game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2015, 18:31 DangerDog

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 10, 2015, 17:17:
New update for GTA V/Online today

Lots of good changes and bug fixes in there!

and yet no f**ks given for PC users wanting the FOV to be increased.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2015, 15:27 DangerDog

Darks wrote on Jun 10, 2015, 13:52:
nin wrote on Jun 10, 2015, 09:59:
iTunes (a piece of software that qualifies as an annex of tech hell in and of itself)

Yeah, I fucking hate that program, and only use it for syncing purposes.

Not sure what issues you guys have, But I use it for only syncing my iPod when I go on bike rides. but other then that I don't use it for anything else. what third parry app do you guys use?

for an ipod you can use Foobar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaunEnn6fA4

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2015, 13:43 DangerDog

I don't think that's a bug, Apple doesn't want you sourcing your music from places other than their iTunes store.  

News Comments > Burstfire Announced
5. Re: Burstfire Announced Jun 10, 2015, 13:41 DangerDog

This pay once concept is kind of interesting, tell me more  

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst Title Confirmed
3. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst Title Confirmed Jun 9, 2015, 21:30 DangerDog

This should be interesting, the first one was pretty good - they did a hell of a job tweaking the Unreal Engine into a good looking game. If this game gets a VR treatment there will be reports of people stroking out from playing it.

I'd love to see a multiplayer mode that gives the game longer shelf life than just the single player can offer, timed runs through levels is only for the aspergers crowd.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jun 8, 2015, 19:17 DangerDog

Kind of set themselves up to be fined for not having permits to film, maybe the not for profit status keeps them safe.  

News Comments > Op Ed
39. Re: Op Ed Jun 8, 2015, 17:10 DangerDog

Baristan wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 16:58:
After reading Microsoft's new privacy statement. I really wish Linux gaming would take off.

...for example, we supplement the data we collect by purchasing demographic data from other companies.
...Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders)...

And by using any Microsoft product(including windows) you agree to the new TOS.

You can opt out by not using the cloud services or turn them off (cortana), I'm using Windows 8 just fine without an MS account.

If Linux gaming took off you would still have services monitoring your usage habits. Sadly the SteamOS initiative isn't really about propping up the Linux desktop as a way forward for PC gaming.

News Comments > Op Ed
31. Re: Op Ed Jun 8, 2015, 16:25 DangerDog

Verno wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 15:55:
Of course there's an argument to be made that Valve is competing with itself in that regard since you could just pickup a Steam Link but that assumes you have a Host PC.

So does the Steam Machine given it's limited library selection, but this is being marketed as a stand on its own platform just like xbox or a playstation and in that market demographic people go for what all their other friends have and or exclusive games.

Die hard console gamers wont touch it with a ten foot pole - does it run Call of Duty? Nope. And even if it did you would be cast into the same pool with other people playing with a mouse and keyboard (not to mention all the cheating).

I can only sympathize with Valve so much for being deathly afraid of losing the desktop market to Microsofts Store - which is completely unfounded because the MS store is a huge, massive joke.

Console gaming is the lowest common denominator when it comes to gaming because everything has to be simplified to work on a console controller - mainly. If this thing actually achieved market penetration you wouldn't have games like Arma (yes before anyone points it out I know that they did a version for the Xbox way back when, it did a belly flop too) and good luck getting any game developer to make a custom UI just for the PC, kiss your FOV slider goodbye along with just about every other PC creature feature.

This comment was edited on Jun 8, 2015, 16:31.

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Jun 8, 2015, 15:49 DangerDog

I sure wouldn't recommend one of these as a console replacement for the living room, especially to someone looking for a plug and play solution to play PC games on a TV in the living room.

Saying you need to have a PC running Windows to stream to a Steam Machine or that you can install Windows on it is ignoring the target demographic that this is aimed at, couch potato console gamers shopping at Walmart not some neck beard that's going to install a bunch of Linux libraries or configure a dual boot with Windows.

Nobody should be praising Valve for turning the PC gaming experience into the lowest form of entertainment - yet another console.

News Comments > Amazon's Big PC Game Ambitions
12. Re: Amazon's Big PC Game Ambitions Jun 6, 2015, 15:07 DangerDog

Now watch them put out yet another MOBA  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Free Powerplay Update
10. Re: Elite: Dangerous Free Powerplay Update Jun 5, 2015, 20:36 DangerDog

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 18:54:
Vall Forran wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 17:49:
Actually (and it just launched so this might not matter in a few hours), the federation lady that looks like the platinum haired girl from the Matrix is in the lead, followed by the other fed guy who looks like Bryan Cranston.

Bryan Cranston? That's clearly a well aged Robert Patrick!

So is this the major content patch that means it's time to get in to Elite:Dangerous, or should people on the fence keep...sitting on the fence?

The princess (Aisling Duval) is Emilia Clarke

http://www.filmoria.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Dany.jpg

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Free Powerplay Update
2. Re: Elite: Dangerous Free Powerplay Update Jun 5, 2015, 17:40 DangerDog

Pretty safe to say the blue haired princes is going to be the most popular allegiance.  

News Comments > Steam Controller Video
22. Re: Steam Controller Video Jun 5, 2015, 15:49 DangerDog

If you're playing most games designed for a console controller you're using the four top buttons the most along with the left thumb stick, just looking a the position of these two things on the controller appears like it would cause issues for holding it comfortably and accessing them for hours on end without cramping your thumbs. If you pick up an xbox controller the placement of everything is right where you need them without over or under extending your thumbs.

As for this being some sort of ultimate replacement of mouse and keyboard, how many times have I heard that before.

A new controller design is fine I suppose but I don't understand why we're praising Valve for trying to push the PC gaming community onto the couch and at the same time lowering the bar on PC game input design to being on par with console gaming? If nothing else this just reinforces the argument for "consolized UI" in games and ports to the PC.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 5, 2015, 00:05 DangerDog

It's like when Lucasgames hired Dale Dye for their "Fracture" game to teach them about military tactics, what a waste that was.

The idea that they hired someone to show them SWAT tactics for this game is an even bigger joke. You don't even arrest people, you just shoot them.

News Comments > Battleborn E3 Trailer & Details
6. Re: Battleborn E3 Trailer & Details Jun 4, 2015, 21:14 DangerDog

fawker wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 16:32:
oh, this isn't the blizzard one?

Microsoft is making one also.

5026 Comments. 252 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo