Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4826 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Arma 3 Marksmen Aims for Next Month
3. Re: Arma 3 Marksmen Aims for Next Month Mar 19, 2015, 14:39 DangerDog

My expectations for Arma 3 fell way short, they just didn't go far enough in improving the user interface and eliminating the clunky "man simulator" feel. I feel like it's too many layers thrown on top of each other, they needed to separate the soldier experience from the squad and platoon leader experience.

What happened to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPU_qehZxdE

which always devolves into nonsense discussion about realism in a game that allows you to go 3rd person camera.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 19, 2015, 03:43 DangerDog

Well at least they're pushing PC graphics advances further, I was worried they were going to hold back and focus on their cloud streaming gaming system.  

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: The Adam Sandler Video Game Movie Looks Terrible. Mar 18, 2015, 14:26 DangerDog

At least it seems to be based around old school arcade games, but I think they've shown you the whole movie in the trailer content and story wise.  

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Battlefield Hardline
20. Re: Ship Ahoy - Battlefield Hardline Mar 18, 2015, 03:59 DangerDog

I agree that it's not exactly true to the lineage of Battlefield but with the core squad gameplay mechanics in place and the familiar modes like conquest it's not like they could get away with dropping the Battlefield name. Calling it something else would just have people crying about how it's a "ripoff of Battlefield".

They can't win.

It's not a police simulator, it's not a SWAT game. It may not be winning over the pc crowd but it's seems to be successful on the consoles.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Mar 17, 2015, 18:28 DangerDog

Tulwinn wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 15:29:
wow, thats pretty huge, have nintendo ever let their characters been used like this for another platform except their own?

They also did some educational software for the PC using Mairo.

13. Re: Ship Ahoy - Battlefield Hardline Mar 17, 2015, 15:58 DangerDog

Sgt. Rock wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 15:13:
So technically this is a $120 mod for BF4?

It's a Total Conversion.

More infantry focused, if you have Battlefield fatigue of getting owned by people whoring tanks, APCs, choppers then this is a safer alternative. No pesky mortars, no annoying UCAV's.

It could have been an expansion for BF4, no doubt they considered doing that but the separation of space means they can alter the gameplay and weapon balance much more than they would otherwise.

11. Re: Ship Ahoy - Battlefield Hardline Mar 17, 2015, 15:07 DangerDog

harlock wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 14:37:
SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 12:39:
Fantaz wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 11:59:
i think the game was released prematurely.

right now seems to be getting blasted in reviews.
but they said it would be different this time

where did they say that

They've been tooting their horn about making an all out attempt at hardline having the smoothest release for a battlefield game yet.

Some servers seem to kick everyone at the end of a round but others don't, is it the game or the host screwing something up?

I noticed some graphical glitches on the Dust Bowl map as did others on the server, maybe a new round of graphic drivers need to be released?

Games are migratory now, playing Hardline for awhile and then everyone will move on to the next game - probably GTA V on the PC (27 days to go - or another delay) and then Star Wars Battlefront (whenever that gets released, I expect it to be delayed till next March.)

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Launch Prep
3. Re: Battlefield Hardline Launch Prep Mar 17, 2015, 04:10 DangerDog

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 01:00:
Part of me want to play it but after the original beta (mod) I haven't touched it since or payed attention.

I don't know if this one will have the longevity of previous battlefield games, I would expect to see it go on sale for around $40 in a month or two and by then hopefully the glitches and bugs will be reduced. I played some TDM tonight just to get a feel for the guns, to me it doesn't feel as fast to die as the beta for some reason - did they nerf the damage of the weapons? I know they did on the shotgun for sure. Of course on the PC everyone wants to go 64 player but the maps are a cross between too small and almost too large with the unavoidable "bad spawn" system.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
3. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Mar 14, 2015, 14:56 DangerDog

Kosumo wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 14:47:
So a free week of trying out thier 'pre-alpha' (as some say it is) module.

Is that a good PR move?

Maybe they can gauge interest beyond the people who have already backed it, the beta for Battlefield Hardline was played by 8 million people from what I've read - obviously they won't sell that many copies of the game but it at least shows them the potential demand.

News Comments > Fighting Cities: Skylines Piracy with Customer Support
1. Re: Fighting Cities: Skylines Piracy with Customer Support Mar 14, 2015, 14:50 DangerDog

I think they should have had some sort of online component, even an optional one. Maybe they can integrate steamworks for sharing user created content if they haven't already.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 13, 2015, 13:44 DangerDog

I use sandboxie now for secure web browsing, there's even a demo video on their website showing how cryptolocker malware can be easily dealt with.

that said, you still have to be smart enough to not download "freemovies.exe" and run it.

News Comments > Two Free Evolve Maps Coming
13. Re: Two Free Evolve Maps Coming Mar 13, 2015, 13:39 DangerDog

I think they screwed up the whole monster evolve thing, you should start out like a little monster (think alien chestburster) then progressed to an more humanoid formed monster (alien warrior) and then evolved to something more advanced (alien queen sized creature).

They didn't capture the classic giant monster movie epic destruction on a city either.

The concept is still sound but the implementation here is just flawed.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Confirmed
1. Re: Titanfall 2 Confirmed Mar 12, 2015, 19:15 DangerDog

I wonder if they'll be using source 2 or if they'll be sticking with their custom version of source on this one.  

News Comments > New Killing Floor 2 Video Diary
1. Re: New Killing Floor 2 Video Diary Mar 12, 2015, 19:04 DangerDog

Looks like they're finally putting the AAA polish on their games that they've been lacking in the past. They do some things that are so cool like realistic sniper optics but haven't been able to overcome the "mod" like feel in other aspects.  

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Next Year
11. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Next Year Mar 12, 2015, 16:10 DangerDog

Homefront was a complete mess development wise, the multiplayer was disappointing to me as everything felt rather clunky and the lack of micro-destruction really came through (the tanks not being able to drive over a small fence).  

News Comments > Star Citizen is Huge
66. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 14:17 DangerDog

Maybe they need more procedurally generated content.  

News Comments > Titanfall DLC Goes Free to Celebrate Anniversary
11. Re: Titanfall DLC Goes Free to Celebrate Anniversary Mar 12, 2015, 01:46 DangerDog

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 23:58:
Had it not been on Origin, I bet the game would have done a lot better. But then, the game is pretty boring and overrated as it is. The novelty of robots wears off quick, and then it's just an annoying grindfest. If it were free to play and on Steam, it might be worth sticking with it though. Oh well.

It's not a grindfest really, only if you are wrapped up in ranking and prestige but it has no impact on the gameplay. free 2 play games are horrible money traps I'll always prefer to pay up front for a game. My biggest gripe is the bulk of the game install, sure hard drives are cheap now but it's rather large for not having a traditional single player campaign.

News Comments > Titanfall DLC Goes Free to Celebrate Anniversary
6. Re: Titanfall DLC Goes Free to Celebrate Anniversary Mar 11, 2015, 22:25 DangerDog

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 21:53:
I bet this news bodes well with those 3 people that paid for the season pass.

I bought it *derp* but no this is great news because unlike other games this one had such a low player population that you could never find any of the DLC maps in play.

News Comments > Project BlueStreak Footage
5. Re: Project BlueStreak Footage Mar 10, 2015, 22:19 DangerDog

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 21:19:
Cue Aliens fiasco. Bookmark this - it won't look like this at all. Bliz is a douche.

Unreal Engine 4 graphics are top shelf, just look at that level that was released with the Unreal Tournament 4 alpha. Where if falls apart is when you add characters to the environment that don't achieve the same high fidelity of the backdrop in terms of realistic movement and animation or the floating hand with a weapon when moving through it.

News Comments > Project BlueStreak Footage
3. Re: Project BlueStreak Footage Mar 10, 2015, 21:13 DangerDog

Just missing the over bulked gears of war style soldiers stomping around.

at least it's photo realistic and not another 'toon' game.

4826 Comments. 242 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo