Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4654 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Theme Hospital Free on Origin
6. Re: Theme Hospital Free on Origin Jan 21, 2015, 03:28 DangerDog

ForgedReality wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 19:01:
Shame it's on Origin.

They should change their slogan (do they have one?) to "Origin. Not Even Once."

Aside from it not being Steam what's wrong with Origin?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free VR Game InMind Released
1. Re: Free VR Game InMind Released Jan 20, 2015, 12:56 DangerDog

Free is a very good price for shovelware.

I'm kidding, kind of looks cool. I do wonder how many games are going to have VR roller coaster sequences in them.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 18, 2015, 20:08 DangerDog

Evolve looks like it's ready for a slash an burn steam sale  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 17, 2015, 15:28 DangerDog

In 10 years it'll be like wifi singles today, wireless charging/power will be penetrating your house even if you don't have it.

"I want to be able to walk in my back yard and use my tablet/laptop/vr headset without needing to charge it or carry around a heavy battery" ~ future cancer victim.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Content Update Next Month
14. Re: Elite: Dangerous Content Update Next Month Jan 16, 2015, 05:17 DangerDog

InBlack wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 02:33:
Options for players currently without beta access to be able to purchase beta access will be available

I dont have much to say against Braben and Co. but this is douchy as fuck! Fuck paying for testing. Fuck it with a hard stick!

why? They did it with their kickstarter and many people jumped at the chance. Look at all the early access crap on Steam now, even for free to play games like that DayZ clone that Sony is behind - you need to pay to help them test their game.

I mean, yeah people used to get paid for this kind of testing work but now it's a new revenue stream. go them, douchy or not.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 15, 2015, 23:39 DangerDog

The best thing to come out of a Target store is Jennifer Connelly in a tight white tank top riding a coin operated horse.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 15, 2015, 20:29 DangerDog

Even with all the hype around drones I don't think anyone would make it with a DroneShack store.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Content Update Next Month
2. Re: Elite: Dangerous Content Update Next Month Jan 15, 2015, 20:07 DangerDog

I suppose wings will be just for PvE or will they have this for open play too?  

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: "Just Pirate It"
4. Re: Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: Jan 15, 2015, 19:55 DangerDog

Never played these, how could they be denied with the pixel art graphics it looks like a throwback to Grand Theft Auto #1  

News Comments > Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash
31. Re: Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash Jan 15, 2015, 15:14 DangerDog

Even if they did release a map editor they would be the gate keeper on the maps because the entire thing is ran from instanced servers with match making.

They need to lay bare what content they do have in the game because this is really starting to sound like Titanfall all over again, 50 gigs of hard drive space for what exactly?

News Comments > Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash
28. Re: Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash Jan 15, 2015, 14:52 DangerDog

If we thought we could have finished all those monsters and hunters for ship we would have put them in the box

oh come on now, don't bullshit us.

I'm glad they're upfront about the DLC before the game is released, and there's nothing really that upsetting about the announcement as the DLC seems like something you could completely pass on and never end up feeling any need to purchase.

The off hand promise of free maps doesn't look good when you're crying about lack of funds before the game is even released though.

The bigger issue they haven't addressed is what makes the game even compelling to purchase in the first place. They're doing the lame marketing campaign gimmick of releasing only bits of pieces of information about the game, so far the maps and modes that have been in the alpha haven't been entirely impressive to say the least. Is there a game mode that is engaging and makes the game worth getting, maybe?

It's a 4 player co-op game that you need to play with other people who work together, however your enjoyment is only going to go as far as the ability of the random stranger that gets to play the monster as there's no way to fill that slot with a known player from your group of friends too.

As a pub game, it doesn't really work because if your the monster you get killed before you can even evolve against four other people working as a team. Every once and awhile you'll get lucky and get a group of randoms that might try to work together but can't quite get it together, and of course if you're one of the players stuck on a team of randoms that won't work together then you'll most likely rage quit.

I have a feeling that people will work their way through the unlock tree and then once that's done they'll walk away from the game, there's no other "content" shown to keep you playing besides unlocking stuff. After an hour or two it feels more like a chore than a game that's fun to play that also awards you with new stuff to play with.

Again, unless they're holding back on something that makes the game stand out it overall feels like a game that sounds better on paper than in execution. The environment feels pretty static, you can't pick up objects in the map and throw them at players as a monster and there's a lack of destruction that would have even added some interesting elements to the gameplay.

News Comments > All Platform Battlefield Hardline Beta Coming
13. Re: All Platform Battlefield Hardline Beta Coming Jan 15, 2015, 04:33 DangerDog

I'm pretty sure that EA LA is making this game and are also in charge of releasing patches for Battlefield 4.

I think they've been doing mostly good things with BF4 and the Community Test Environment.

News Comments > Evolve 4th Monster; DLC; Season Pass Details
21. Re: Evolve 4th Monster; DLC; Season Pass Details Jan 13, 2015, 20:48 DangerDog

I'm going to pass  

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
62. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 19:17 DangerDog

Frags4Fun wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 16:23:
Delayed so that they can add that new DRM that uses some sort of encryption? That's my guess.

lol, probably always online connection required to play single player portion.

News Comments > Universal Combat Advanced Announced
19. Re: Universal Combat Advanced Announced Jan 13, 2015, 14:13 DangerDog

What? No Kickstarter?  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Safe Haven DLC Released
2. Re: Alien: Isolation Safe Haven DLC Released Jan 13, 2015, 14:10 DangerDog

They make these sound like there's additional story content but they're nothing but extremely short and extremely difficult time limited challenge mode maps.

The DLC with the original cast was a massive let down, they had a few things to bring back the nostalgia like arming the detonation device but it wasn't a very faithful recreation of the ship layout from the movie.

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
31. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 13:32 DangerDog

Battlefield Hardline comes out on March 17th, unless it's delayed too.

Looks like this isn't going to be a Steamworks title, so no steam feature integration. You'll launch from Steam and it'll take you right to the Social Club login.

30 players on instanced servers or will they have dedicated servers and a server browser? The Heists mode is only 4 player so is it going to be player hosted only with no host migration?

Rockstar plans on being the digital distribution point for copies of the game not purchased on Steam directly? Do they have the infrastructure to handle that kind of job? Are they going to force install a bunch of backdoor DRM services onto your PC?

News Comments > Evolve System Specs
18. Re: Evolve System Specs Jan 12, 2015, 17:12 DangerDog

HoSpanky wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 14:53:
GTAV is getting my gaming money this month.

Mine too, well... maybe, if it isn't delayed.

News Comments > H1Z1 Early Access This Week
9. Re: H1Z1 Early Access This Week Jan 12, 2015, 17:09 DangerDog

DayZ was suppose to be a quick turn around project, repackage the mod as a stand alone game to make it easier for people who couldn't be bothered with downloading and getting it to work with Arma 2.

Then they got sidetracked into adding more features - reworking the map, their map guys got thrown in jail in Greece.

They should have retooled the game to work on their carrier command engine, something to give it more of a "game" feel than a man simulator. Even Arma 3 doesn't make for an overwhelmingly enjoyable experience when it comes down to gameplay.

News Comments > Call of Duty Online Launches in China
2. Re: Call of Duty Online Launches in China Jan 12, 2015, 16:55 DangerDog

that cyborg stuff looks kind of fun, too bad the lag makes it unplayable - I could probably figure out the menus, they recycled a ton of assets from COD games and a lot of the voice over stuff is in english.  

4654 Comments. 233 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo