Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4471 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com?
15. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com? Oct 27, 2014, 20:55 DangerDog

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 20:35:
There was a updated graphics version of Xwing and Tie Fighter that was released on CD that had everything except Xwing Alliance (hope that comes to GoG as well).

Even that would be a stretch for my Nostalgia Goggles, the original was 320x200. The X-wing vs Tie Fighter went up to 640x400 res I believe.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evolve Alpha Details
12. Re: Evolve Alpha Details Oct 27, 2014, 15:30 DangerDog

Yakubs wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 11:09:
I just watched a round on some guy's Twitch stream and the game looked dreadful. They basically spent 5 minutes searching the map, eventually found the monster, and then held down the trigger button for 10 minutes while casually avoiding the monster's seemingly impotent attacks.

Cool idea but it looks like the execution is extremely poor.

That's how the first alpha played out, the levels felt more like mini arenas rather than having any sort of adventure progression to them, the monster didn't feel like it "evolved" so much as just gained new abilities.

I think I would have modeled the design after the classic arcade game Rampage with lots of destruction and NPC people to eat/protect.

You should be able to eat other players and poop them out if you're the monster, imagine having to scrounge for ammo from fallen comrades.

[url=http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/06/24/natural-selection-2-combat-devour-guts/[/url]

If your core game isn't fun then it's pointless to have "tons of soldiers and monsters" to unlock.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
7. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 26, 2014, 19:33 DangerDog

By the time we wake up and realize that google is doing evil shit they'll have amassed an army of robots to take care of any dissent.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 24, 2014, 23:57 DangerDog

FPS portion could end up being the best thing about the game.  

News Comments > Toybox Turbos Announced for Next Month
1. Re: Toybox Turbos Announced for Next Month Oct 24, 2014, 16:19 DangerDog

The concept isn't horrible but the execution is, should have gone with mario kart design template clone.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Recommended Specs
21. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Recommended Specs Oct 24, 2014, 09:23 DangerDog

They mentioned dedicated servers in an interview but I'm pretty sure they're instanced and not the kind where you pick from your browser.

They don't want to give up control over what maps are played in rotation it seems, I remember them using "nuketown" 24/7 as a special event they would set.

News Comments > Arma III Free Weekend
4. Re: Arma III Free Weekend Oct 23, 2014, 19:35 DangerDog

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 19:29:
So does this freebie include the single player campaign or is it just the multiplayer?

both, it's all inclusive when you install it.

News Comments > Arma III Free Weekend
2. Re: Arma III Free Weekend Oct 23, 2014, 19:13 DangerDog

Needs more jetpacks, and next gen AI fish.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Oct 23, 2014, 19:12 DangerDog

But for the first time maybe in my life, on that Saturday afternoon, I walked towards that pair of gamers and I didn’t smile. I didn’t say hello. In fact, I crossed the street so I wouldn’t walk by them. Because after all the years of gamer love and inclusiveness, something had changed in me. A small voice of doubt in my brain now suspected that those guys and I might not be comrades after all. That they might not greet me with reflected friendliness, but contempt.

dang, good thing she didn't smile and say hello, they might have smiled and said hello back.

keep living in your little bubble of fear girl

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 23, 2014, 19:01 DangerDog

I'd love full disclosure on how much he's making as their new CEO.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Recommended Specs
12. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Recommended Specs Oct 23, 2014, 15:03 DangerDog

10 out of 10 white people endorse this game!

Additional Notes: Field of View ranges from 65°-90°.

putting that in the system specs Rotfl

all that and dedicated servers, well you can't choose your server I suppose but at least your not doing some crappy pvp match making.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Oct 23, 2014, 01:51 DangerDog

Well from his perspective the majority of americans are drooling idiots since he's responsible for regurgitating the same game every year and making a crap ton of money doing so.  

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Takes Off
10. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Takes Off Oct 22, 2014, 20:10 DangerDog

drama aside it sure looks good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7GY4cu2a5Y

that price though, ugh

even on a typical steam sale of 25% off that would be more than my wallet could handle for the "deluxe" edition.

News Comments > John Riccitiello New Unity CEO
2. Re: John Riccitiello New Unity CEO Oct 22, 2014, 15:19 DangerDog

Yeah, that sucking sound is his epic sized paycheck bleeding the company dry, I bet the poor slaves that actually do the work making the game engine have never seen a pay raise.

They probably thought they could have him do inroad contracts to sell the engine to EA for the next Sims game.

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 John Wick DLC; Game Free with Movie Ticket
6. Re: PAYDAY 2 John Wick DLC; Game Free with Movie Ticket Oct 21, 2014, 22:17 DangerDog

jimnms wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 20:17:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 19:17:
Does it work if you buy one child ticket lol

What does a movie ticket costs these days? I haven't been to a movie theater in years. I prefer to watch in the comfort of my home, not having to pay an ass load for food and drinks, and best of all not putting up with idiots. I don't mind waiting a few months for a BR/DVD release, especially lately when movies get chopped for theaters and released in uncut/uncensored BR/DVD.

Last time I went to a theater it was $7.50 for an adult ticket, which is what the game is on sale for now anyway. I'm guessing it's gone up since then.

same, looks like it's $12 but the catch is you have to buy your ticket through Fandango so that might just be their inflated price.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
2. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 21, 2014, 19:32 DangerDog

For a frostbite 2 engine game it doesn't look all that great for some reason. Maybe it's another one of those, let's zoom in on art assets that's normally viewed from a distance in 3rd person.  

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 John Wick DLC; Game Free with Movie Ticket
1. Re: PAYDAY 2 John Wick DLC; Game Free with Movie Ticket Oct 21, 2014, 19:17 DangerDog

Does it work if you buy one child ticket lol  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Corporate Lockdown DLC This Month
14. Re: Alien: Isolation Corporate Lockdown DLC This Month Oct 21, 2014, 18:59 DangerDog

The OR support is a bit sketchy, I understand that in the proper E3 demo you could freelook separate from your weapon or gadget in your hand, maybe that was something they had throughout the game and took it out - it sill exists when you go to save your game you can look around wile you're accessing the save computer, otherwise your gun/gadget is locked to your view.

It'll probably be fun to play around with but not a requirement or something you would want to play the whole game though with it on.

As for the Alien AI, I'm sure they could make it unforgiving but that would just be more frustrating than fun - it is a game after all. I found it to be serviceable overall, not horrible but maybe could have been quicker to react. If you try to attack it (place a trap) it'll become much more active and faster in moving around looking for you.

More than a couple of times I had thought, wow this AI is stupid only to have it quickly turn back into the room and kill me. If it does lock onto you, even from a distance, you're pretty much cooked.

You can't kill the alien so having weapons and crafted explosives in your inventory has no affect on the alien coming after you or not - only exception is the flame thrower but it'll only get it to back off ever so temporarily, and piss it off.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
12. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 21, 2014, 17:25 DangerDog

If Amiga had brokered deals with schools to get them into the classroom, even blow their cost it would have taken over the market.

Instead they went for traditional marketing of ineffective TV advertising and magazines. In many markets they also tried to up sell them in specialized stores like you would a mac, usually filled with the same snob sales people you would expect from an apple store.

The trolly really went off the rails when Commodore tried to turn it into a TV game console with a cd-rom drive.

News Comments > Dying Light Four-Packs
5. Re: Dying Light Four-Packs Oct 21, 2014, 16:35 DangerDog

This looks better than "evolve" for four player gaming anyway.  

4471 Comments. 224 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo