Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4426 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft
18. removed Oct 20, 2014, 16:25 DangerDog

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 20, 2014, 18:37.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM
39. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 20, 2014, 16:16 DangerDog

No surprise, Ghosts was 6GB Ram requirement also. That 55 GB hard drive space requirement seems excessive.

All that ram and storage space, can't allow for FOV higher than 65.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer
10. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer Oct 20, 2014, 00:16 DangerDog

Brumbek wrote on Oct 19, 2014, 16:58:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 19, 2014, 16:44:
But does it have advanced next gen fish AI?
New material please. It is far too easy to mock something than to think about it rationally. Infinity Ward's Rubin made foolish comments, and his talk about Ghosts was mostly PR lies. It isn't exactly fair or logical or bring up old jokes about another game made by another developer.

Sledgehammer it seems is actually trying to innovate and deliver the best SP and MP experience so far in CoD. If you don't like CoD then fair enough. But so far Advanced Warfare does seem like an actual evolution of FPS gaming rather than rehash of the same old CoD.

Anyway, I just think each developer should be judged by their own work...not mocked for another studio's bad game. I'm sure everyone will agree politely and engage in enlightened discussion.

Did I strike a tender nerve there?

As for Call of Duty devolving into Quake, that is a perfect fit since it's been using scraps of the old quake engine tech all these years. I have to complement them on making it look so good all things considered, it's still clunky though and almost laughable when they try to implement things that it's just not good at like vehicles and maps bigger than a shoebox.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer
1. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer Oct 19, 2014, 16:44 DangerDog

But does it have advanced next gen fish AI?  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta
28. Re: Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta Oct 18, 2014, 04:53 DangerDog

Jackplug wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 03:31:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 17:33:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 14:37:
Unfortunately I can see why they don't allow for modding, just look at that "Hatred" game being made now imagine if someone did that with Battlefield, or worse.

Yes they don't want anyone making something so cool that you ignore the main game *cough* Project Reality *cough* but I can see from a PR point of view that they would also not be able to stop people from making bad things with it as well.

They will never allow us to mod their games, After BF3 insult, never buy another game from them. I think their levels are just basic boring and created by 5yr olds or rehashed from old bf games! I had a go of that Hardline and it was just a mod that anyone would of written and tbh made it far better than what they could ever do.

That was an alpha with one map and two modes, more of a playtest. I'm looking forward to the next beta which should be, I'm guessing, in January.

I can understand why many people are upset with Battlefield but I think it still provides a fun multiplayer gameplay experience, for a shooter anyway.

You want to talk about horrible net code and I think that award has to go to Arma III. I think the last Call of Duty that had decent multiplayer was Black Ops 2. When you start looking there's not a whole lot to choose from.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 17, 2014, 22:12 DangerDog

It was more of a group buy, probably would have still been funded if they would have been upfront about it.  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta
20. Re: Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta Oct 17, 2014, 17:33 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 14:37:
I see in these comments developers that are excited about what they're doing. The problem with this game, and all AAA games these days, is that the publishers force the devs to make decisions to monetize the shit out of it. Thus no modding. Thus season passes and DLC. Etc.

Unfortunately I can see why they don't allow for modding, just look at that "Hatred" game being made now imagine if someone did that with Battlefield, or worse.

Yes they don't want anyone making something so cool that you ignore the main game *cough* Project Reality *cough* but I can see from a PR point of view that they would also not be able to stop people from making bad things with it as well.

News Comments > Hatred Announced
7. Re: Hatred Announced Oct 16, 2014, 21:39 DangerDog

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 19:45:
Sounds really sick, hope it is adults only rated.

Youtube will be full of people letting their five year old kids play it while laughing in the background.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Oct 16, 2014, 00:25 DangerDog

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 22:20:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 21:26:
We can't block commercial flights from these west african countries because then it would be difficult to track them?

What?

I've also heard the B.S. excuse that we need to be able to send supplies and people to help the areas affected, I thought that was what the military was doing with their humanitarian mission.

Sorry, it really sounds like they want this to spread far and wide as possible.

Statistically speaking you're more likely to die from slipping on a wet floor but lets also talk about how the government is complacent in spreading around the country these illegal's that stormed the border recently, many of whom had serious transmittable diseases.

Think of it this way... theme parks have a 'main point of entry' for customers typically a front gate. Customers buy a ticket, ticket is scanned as people come in. You then close that front gate but customers still want to get in and will do so any way they can. That means every single other way (maintenance entrances, employee entrances, emergency exits, holes in a fence, people climbing over the fence etc) now has to be taken into account and now that tickets aren't needed to get in you can not get a accurate customer count in the park.
So instead of having all your ebola customers coming in the front gate where they can limit exposure, they are coming in from every point possible and causing a lot more possible exposure points. And every exposure point is another potential outbreak.

Okay, but how likely is it that someone sick with ebola will even make it to another country that adjoins the US let alone make some massive trek across country just to deliver themselves as a walking biological time-bomb.

What really pisses me off are stories about people traveling there and back just to bring dieing people the word of god. Just like the latest person who has contracted ebola they don't give two shits about the jeopardy they put people in around them.

At the very least this feels like a live testing environment to determine how effective the medical institutions are in handling a pandemic type scenario - so far I would give them a failing grade.

News Comments > Star Citizen @ $58M
10. Re: Star Citizen Passes $58M Oct 15, 2014, 21:55 DangerDog

Tumbler wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 19:55:
Looking good!

and that's about where the fun and excitement ends, there is something that's just too ridged about the Cryengine that's rather off putting, they need overhaul the physics completely.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 15, 2014, 21:26 DangerDog

We can't block commercial flights from these west african countries because then it would be difficult to track them?

What?

I've also heard the B.S. excuse that we need to be able to send supplies and people to help the areas affected, I thought that was what the military was doing with their humanitarian mission.

Sorry, it really sounds like they want this to spread far and wide as possible.

Statistically speaking you're more likely to die from slipping on a wet floor but lets also talk about how the government is complacent in spreading around the country these illegal's that stormed the border recently, many of whom had serious transmittable diseases.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Videos
6. Re: Far Cry 4 Videos Oct 14, 2014, 21:38 DangerDog

In glorious UbiSoft Vision*

*30 fps capped

News Comments > Firefly Online Bonus Content; Trailer
10. Re: Firefly Online Bonus Content; Trailer Oct 13, 2014, 16:04 DangerDog

Random assembly of room and hallway assets isn't what I would call "procedurally-generated" it's just "random-generated".

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2014, 15:05 DangerDog

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 14:47:
So picked up Elite Dangerous yesterday and could use tips. Generally I'd look through the forums (EC) but dear lord it's a bit of a mess.

Tip #1, you'll need a decent joystick and throttle, I think a lot of people go for the Saitek Pro Flight X-55 but I have a CH Products HOTAS setup myself.

Tip #2, seriously think about getting some form of head tracking setup for the game, TrackIR is on the expensive side but there are lots of cheaper alternatives. I would have second guessed this as not needed until I played the game with it. It adds so much to the experience it's worth getting.

Some people are getting use out of voice input but if you have a HOTAS setup it's probably more optional or just 'cool' to be able to say "Engage" and have your ship enter hyperspace.

If you need a leg up on trading and finding the best routes then get this tool. http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30341

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: ĎArcherí Drops ISIS: The FX Series Dumps the Spy Orgís Name in Light of Recent Events. Oct 11, 2014, 14:53 DangerDog

So instead they've just made Archer ISIS logo items 10x more sought after.

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2 Delayed
6. Re: Hotline Miami 2 Delayed Oct 10, 2014, 03:03 DangerDog

That's okay, just about everything is coming out in 2015  

News Comments > More Making of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
6. Re: More Making of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Oct 9, 2014, 21:25 DangerDog

LittleMe wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 20:36:
The gameplay I saw was all indoor settings and I view that as not a good thing (tm). BL2 was worth full price, not sure about this. Probably not...

you're on the moon or something so I think all of the outdoor space is low-grav floaty mega-jump.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 9, 2014, 18:58 DangerDog

Creston wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 18:24:
Additionally, this information is solely collected for the eBook currently being read by the user and not for any other eBook in the userís library or read/available in any other reader.

Except that is exactly what people who were monitoring what your shitty reader was doing reported. That it was sending information regarding ALL their ebooks back to Adobe.

In the end, though, it baffles me why people would use an eReader from fucking ADOBE.

Public libraries have tied their ebook checkout systems to Adobe Digital Editions DRM.

News Comments > More Making of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
2. Re: More Making of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Oct 9, 2014, 18:54 DangerDog

The "bazillion guns" thing was sort of interesting in the beginning but it's actually become a major factor of annoyance, you get a cool gun that you like and have to keep checking if the gun in the loot chest is better than the one you have. There should have been a system where you could absorb XP into your gun from other weapons and sort of craft your own crazy concoctions.

I ended up glitching the inventory system so that I could have way more guns to choose from than you really would ever need, selling them takes away the ability to switch out to something you find but might want to use at some point, maybe it's better against robots than humans for example.

This just doesn't grab me as a new enough setting or game to warrant the $60 price tag, and they're already shilling DLC before the game is even out. Buy the "Season Pass" but don't expect all the dlc made for the game to be included. That was rather off putting from the last one.

News Comments > Evolve Alpha Testing This Month
13. Re: Evolve Alpha Testing This Month Oct 9, 2014, 17:08 DangerDog

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 16:43:
It's $60? Ya, no.

+ DLC, timed exclusive DLC for xbox one no less.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/136058-Evolve-Will-Have-Lots-of-DLC

4426 Comments. 222 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo