Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5013 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
73. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 9, 2015, 16:37 DangerDog

dsmart wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 11:12:
Is it just me, or are people reading a totally different version of this announcement?

It's a bunch of words - that say nothing concrete. At all.

Only fanboys - the same ones who are attacking everyone who doesn't agree with them - are lapping up this bullshit.

To be frank, the fact that my article has sparked this discussion all across gaming communities, is pretty much what I wanted to see happen.

It also prompted them to respond to certain things they kept quiet about.

Now this "update"

STOP giving them money until they ship a substantial part of what they promised back in 2012. It really is that simple.

Only gave them the initial backing amount, I really don't understand why anyone is still giving them money for space ship renderings.

I have a feeling they started out with good intentions but by using the Crytek engine and making the hanger module where you could walk around in first person mode sparked their imagination into thinking they could churn out an FPS game easier than the convoluted multi-crewed spaceship sim.

Trying to tie it all together into some sort of MMO is beyond pure fantasy, I agree with what you said in the podcast - they're never going to reach the lofty goals they've told people about how the game will work.

However, if you look at what's been made for No Mans Sky and it seems like you can have seamless first person planet to space gaming. I wonder how much of it is that they're trying to mod CryEngine into something that is beyond they're abilities - or perhaps the ability of CryEngine flat out.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New FlatOut Game Announced
10. Re: New FlatOut Game Announced Jul 8, 2015, 16:22 DangerDog

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 15:18:
DangerDog wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 15:09:
Next Car Game seems to be stuck in development hell, they just released an overhaul of their engine and the visuals took a pretty big step backwards.
It did? I haven't checked it out in a while but I did see the e-mail about changing the engine.
Well that sucks
[url=http://www.tweaktown.com/news/46284/next-car-game-sees-downgraded-graphics-latest-update/index.html[/url]

I haven't purchased it yet, waiting to see if they put enough single player into it as it seems very multiplayer focused right now. The downgrade in visuals is pretty bad though.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2015, 15:18 DangerDog

nin wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 09:56:
Star Wars- Han Solo origins film announced. Bitten by a radioactive rogue.

HEY hey hey hey hey...keep it down, allright? Let's not give them any ideas!

It's going to be based around the time in Empire when he was frozen in carbonite, groundhog's day style.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 8, 2015, 15:14 DangerDog

The telcoms got paid to upgrade the infrastructure, we should have fiber everywhere but they just pocketed the money.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 8, 2015, 15:12 DangerDog

I didn't know they were doing episode bullshit for that KQ game.  

News Comments > New FlatOut Game Announced
8. Re: New FlatOut Game Announced Jul 8, 2015, 15:09 DangerDog

Next Car Game seems to be stuck in development hell, they just released an overhaul of their engine and the visuals took a pretty big step backwards.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Gameplay Video
34. Re: No Man's Sky Gameplay Video Jul 7, 2015, 17:12 DangerDog

It really is a lame game design choice. You're an explorer to an unsurveyed world, scanning and naming creatures - but if you kill any of them then hoards of robots just pop into existence and start killing you.

Now if they made other creatures big and small start stomping you into the ground then maybe. You could even have "tremors" like creatures pop out of the ground and try to kill you. But nope, flying robots - on every planet.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: BBC Jul 7, 2015, 15:33 DangerDog

Frags4Fun wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 11:45:
The BBC isn't giving them to every 7 year old for free. The tax payers are paying for them.

It's 11 and 12 year olds, you have to be at least interested enough to ask for one. Hell, I want one.

I applaud their initiative, not sure if you're really going to spark the imagination of kids into programing with it but maybe if it was wrapped around structured school based curriculum there's a chance that it could be of benefit.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Gameplay Video
27. Re: No Man's Sky Gameplay Video Jul 7, 2015, 15:01 DangerDog

Looks like the "sentinel" game mechanic could be a major pain in the ass, not being able to even take out attacking AI without invoking the wrath of a ton of auto-generated robots where you can't even clear them out and eliminate a spawn beacon or something. Another, no you can't play the game the way you want because we're going to annoy the crap out of you if you don't play it the way we want you to type design.

If there's a layer of interactivity with other alien races while flying around in space other than just pure shoot or be killed it might be really cool. It's possible there's a layer to it that's like a really old game called Starflight, if so then I'll be blown away.

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
68. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 6, 2015, 17:00 DangerDog

Has the class action lawsuit started yet?  

News Comments > Minecraft: Story Mode Trailer
7. Re: Minecraft: Story Mode Trailer Jul 6, 2015, 02:54 DangerDog

Minecraft story mode should be all about delivering TV's and Microwave Ovens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAD6Obi7Cag

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jul 3, 2015, 02:06 DangerDog

The recasting of the original actors ruins it, where's Bill Paxton?

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Supremacy Released
10. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Supremacy Released Jul 2, 2015, 17:23 DangerDog

Kajetan wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 16:09:
DangerDog wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 15:42:
I think we may end up seeing the PC platform abandoned since the numbers are so much higher on the console platforms.
I hear people say that for years. For years the sales of the PC version dwarf in comparison to the console versions, even if digital sales are added (guessed ). And still ... every year Activision releases a PC version. Is it because Bobby runs a charity?

Sure they make money on it but it runs deeper than the bottom line, on the support side it's much easier to placate console gamers than PC gamers. Retrospectively I'm pretty sure the lead developer from Visceral on Battlefield Hardline would have liked to abandoned the PC platform for "his game", he pretty much said as much in an interview - something to the effect "It would be a shame to have to abandon the PC as a platform but the numbers are much stronger on consoles".

6. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Supremacy Released Jul 2, 2015, 15:42 DangerDog

ASeven wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 15:29:
This reminds me of the reaction to Black Ops 3 at E3. Holy shit, you could hear the crickets. This series isn't going to last much longer, sales are plummeting every year after MW3.

The PC isn't the anchor platform for these games anymore, or hasn't been since Modern Warfare. They'll sell plenty of copies of BO3 on Xbox One and PS4. I think we may end up seeing the PC platform abandoned since the numbers are so much higher on the console platforms. Looking at BF Hardline it's the same thing, almost dead on the PC but quite vibrant on the consoles, PS4 taking the lead.

3. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Supremacy Released Jul 2, 2015, 15:14 DangerDog

424 In-Game right now

surprising since as far as shooters go I would rate this much higher than say Evolve (740 In-Game).

News Comments > King's Quest: A Knight to Remember Next Month
1. Re: King's Quest: A Knight to Remember Next Month Jun 30, 2015, 19:17 DangerDog

Great voice cast, not quite sure if it strikes the nostalgia note though.  

News Comments > Minecraft PC Sells > 20M
8. Re: Minecraft PC Sells > 20M Jun 30, 2015, 19:07 DangerDog

When I think of Minecraft I think of hard core military sims.  

News Comments > Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans
13. Re: Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans Jun 29, 2015, 19:52 DangerDog

Grin  

News Comments > Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans
11. Re: Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans Jun 29, 2015, 19:02 DangerDog

But if it looks anything like that VR battlezone "thing" ... ugh!  

News Comments > Battlefield 2143 Images?
16. Re: Battlefield 2143 Images? Jun 29, 2015, 02:13 DangerDog

Now they can leak the legit screenshots and people will be like "oh not this again!"  

5013 Comments. 251 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo