Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4777 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month
25. Re: Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month Apr 24, 2015, 16:00 DangerDog

Flatline wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 15:51:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 14:50:
The content bitching is the reason I've never actually picked up this game. It's top of Steams best sellers list for a long time now. I've seen lots of video of people playing it but I feel like this is a released too early kind of game and the developers realize this and are working very hard to increase content (which is good). I can see this being a very good game in a year if they keep the pace up. Until then, I'll continue with the other video games that have content.

Also,
I feel like this is the time to bring up the steam stats page that Evolve is no longer anywhere on that list.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

I feel bad for and angry at anyone who purchased that game. They fed a shitty developer too much money and that developer will do the same again.

ED was absolutely released too early for what is probably contractual obligations. That being said, most of the "I burned out" complainers all said like "I put over 80 hours into ED and I feel like there's nothing to do any more!" One I remember complained that after like 200 hours he didn't feel like there was anything worth doing.

So really even at launch there was probably "content enough for the cost".

Elite strikes me as playing the long game though if it can remain popular enough. We're 4 months into the official launch and they are adding major aspects of the plan into the game, in addition to things that weren't in the design docs. So that's really good.

I think one aspect that didn't quite pan out is the hope that through "procedural routines" there would be enough unique things to look at in the game world, let's face it once you've seen one space station you've seen them all. Even before release there was enough content to match the old Elite in terms of checklist features but that's just not enough for gamers today. The original goal was to remake Elite with better graphics after all.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month
22. Re: Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month Apr 24, 2015, 15:52 DangerDog

Without having a scripted single player campaign I don't see this as being marketable to people on consoles. I think there are plenty of parallels that you can draw between ED and say GTA Online where you can free roam the map and either take on missions or do activities like steal cars and deliver them to a warehouse for money - the equivalent to "space trucking" in ED.

But that's only one component to the game and without a more formal scripted campaign that's the way it's going to seem to Xbox players - if it doesn't already to many PC players as well.

News Comments > King's Quest Trailer
8. Re: King's Quest Trailer Apr 24, 2015, 01:23 DangerDog

Yeah, I don't know if this game is going to strike the nostalgia feeling for people who grew up with these games, and if it turns into the lameness that Telltale calls an "adventure game" then forget it.

It would have to be something open world almost GTA style, this looks like camera locked scenes with quick time events - more like Dragon's Lair.

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
44. Re: Just realized something... Apr 23, 2015, 17:13 DangerDog

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 16:16:
Anyone remember Quake Aliens back in 1997 that was "Fox'ed"?
Are we going to have publishers that use to have games on Steam with Workshop support pull their games because they aren't getting a cut of the money? And we are going to see lawsuits for people stealing other people's content and including it in 'All in One' mods and/or Int. Property rights?

Sounds like it's up to the publisher to allow for paid mods, the real question is are they going to shut down places like Nexusmod that release the content for free?

The dependency issue seems like a huge problem, so many mods depend on other mods to be installed in order to work. Some mods will cause your game to crash if you install them incorrectly or in combinations that are incompatible. There's a ton of copyrighted material in mods like changing the dragons out for my little ponies, it's doubtful that most of the "sexy female" models are hand crafted and not ripped from some 3D model collection.

News Comments > GTA5 Account Loss Follow-ups
8. Re: GTA5 Account Loss Follow-ups Apr 22, 2015, 21:15 DangerDog

We are aware that unauthorized attempts have been made to access Rockstar Games Social Club accounts using email and password combinations sourced from unaffiliated, compromised websites or databases elsewhere on the internet. For the accounts affected, we are in the process of reverting those accounts back to their original owners. As a result, the ability to change email addresses for Social Club accounts has been temporarily disabled. See the following Rockstar Support article for more information here. As a reminder, it is a good policy to ensure that the Rockstar Games Social Club account username and password is not shared across multiple websites on the internet. For accounts affected with this issue, we are working to respond to customers to reinstate full user access within 24 hours of contacting Customer Support. Please continue to look to the Rockstar Support website for more information as it develops.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/204927218

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patched
19. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 22, 2015, 03:51 DangerDog

InBlack wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 02:30:
Slick wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 21:05:
fixed the consolised shitty laggy mouse controls yet? you know the ones that literally move faster or slower depending on your frame rate? where "raw" input has 100ms latency? fixed that yet? nope?

fuck yourself

Had a chance to check it out at a friend's house yesterday for a couple of hours, he has a M+Keyboard combo (no controller) and when I tried the game I have to say I experienced what you are talking about. The movement is strangely laggy, especially the mouse look. In the cars its not so bad. I have a feeling that the game would work much better with a controller (which I happen to have at home) so we will try it again with a Logitech Dualshock (or whatever its called) today and report back on how it plays. With that said, the game is still a ton of fun, and I will be buying it as soon as I can afford it.

I guess I'm not having an issue with frame rate as I'm not experiencing any input lag on my mouse.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Early Access
5. Re: Killing Floor 2 Early Access Apr 21, 2015, 16:56 DangerDog

The eula is basically saying if they dont like your mods or what you are doing in game they will remove your game from steam with no refunds

hmmm, I guess that's the same as being banned for cheating but under what pretext would they not like your mods? Replacing the monsters in the game with women and children?

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Video Diary
17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Video Diary Apr 21, 2015, 16:49 DangerDog

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 11:33:
I think some of you are judging this game way too soon.

It's sort of easy to prejudge based on how DICE develops games now, the concept of having a true sandbox game just isn't in the cards as everything needs to conform to tidy pre-scripted events.

They're going to play it extremely safe with this game and by doing so it's bound to turn into a great looking game but a shallow play experience.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Early Access
3. Re: Killing Floor 2 Early Access Apr 21, 2015, 16:17 DangerDog

Surprised they didn't do a merge with Unreal Engine 4.x, it's using a customized 3.x version of Unreal Engine.  

9. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Video Diary Apr 21, 2015, 02:22 DangerDog

EA has an easier time selling to console gamers than they do to PC gamers, maybe it's due to the lack of content on the consoles but if you take a look at the number of players for Battlefield Hardline the PC I don't think ever broke ten thousand yet the PS4 and Xbox One had numbers upwards of fifty thousand. Despite the game being dead on PC it still has way more people playing the PS4 and Xbox One version.

http://bfhstats.com/

I'm surprised that they're even bothering with the PC version of Battlefront, I guess MS and Sony couldn't afford the price tag to give it a stamp of exclusivity for their console platform.

7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Video Diary Apr 21, 2015, 01:28 DangerDog

Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 23:04:
DangerDog wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 21:01:
It's been confirmed that they're not using Battlelog for the game, there won't be a server browser.

I'm guessing it'll be instanced servers for the 40 player game modes and p2p hosting for the on-line co-op portion.

Some people might see this as a good thing - except for clans who like to take ownership and admin their own servers, but I guess it depends on how they handle DLC players from those who don't buy the DLC. Will you get kicked from servers when DLC maps come up in rotation? Maybe it'll automatically move you to another server that's running a non DLC map.

Well... I was a little excited about this game but without dedicated servers this game will have to be a pass. How many players is it? 12 on 12?

Thanks for the heads-up, DD.

20 v 20 and you play in two man "teams" from what I've read, which sounds a lot like the MoH multiplayer that they made.

The game is being designed around consoles for sure but it's not a complete deal killer, depends on how and if you can still join a server with other friends beyond just the other man in your team - without battlelog or a server browser to "join on" it may only be click and play matchmaking.

I never played the Battlefront series, I know that they had "clone war" content but it sounds like they won't have any prequel clone war content in this one. The ardent fans of Battlefront are put off by this decision but it's one that actually makes me more interested in the game. I never could get into the prequel movies, I watched them once and that was enough.

They'll probably sneak it in as DLC with a season pass.

3. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Video Diary Apr 20, 2015, 21:01 DangerDog

It's been confirmed that they're not using Battlelog for the game, there won't be a server browser.

I'm guessing it'll be instanced servers for the 40 player game modes and p2p hosting for the on-line co-op portion.

Some people might see this as a good thing - except for clans who like to take ownership and admin their own servers, but I guess it depends on how they handle DLC players from those who don't buy the DLC. Will you get kicked from servers when DLC maps come up in rotation? Maybe it'll automatically move you to another server that's running a non DLC map.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 20, 2015, 14:34 DangerDog

So the SMB redirect glitch puts up a prompt to enter your user name and login password for windows?

It doesn’t take much to prompt someone to enter their credentials, after all – just a legitimate-looking dialogue box.

and then what? Even if you're dumb enough to enter it into the prompt what could they do with it without having local access to the PC?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 20, 2015, 01:11 DangerDog

GTA X confirmed  

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Regional Gore Cuts Possible
2. Re: Killing Floor 2 Regional Gore Cuts Possible Apr 18, 2015, 15:20 DangerDog

Japan strikes me as an odd one, they're perfectly fine with tentacle rape but splatter blood around a map in a game and they flip their shit?

News Comments > Evening Patches
5. Re: Evening Patches Apr 18, 2015, 05:43 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Apr 18, 2015, 04:55:
where's the real FOV patch? i don't think lensing the shitty console FOV counts. it looks awful.

and how about the persistant mouse lag?

how the fuck this this game pass QA? 19 months AFTER launching the game... and 5 years beforehand... and no one tried this game on a PC at rockstar once

It's not looking too good for them officially tweaking the FOV, I've been using a mod make it higher.

I don't have mouse lag, the movement feels a little like ARMA when walking around in first person - sort of a "man simulator" type effect which can feel like mouse lag I guess.

Game is running fine for me though.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Date Announced
12. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Announced Apr 17, 2015, 18:17 DangerDog

descender wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 18:09:
Anyone expecting (or hoping) it would be a Star Wars themed Battlefield game

Well who in their right mind would be expecting or wanting that?

It sure sounds like some here are not familiar with the expected gameplay in a Battlefront game at all.

Because DICE is making it maybe? At any rate I was expecting more of a hybrid between the two at the very least.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Date Announced
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Announced Apr 17, 2015, 17:27 DangerDog

40 player max, two man teams, split screen co-op on consoles, no traditional single player campaign - you play through the multiplayer maps in story mode, co-op if you want obviously.

Sounds like there will be "battle pickups" that you find around the map to equip most things or to take control over certain vehicles (AT-ST was a given example).

Anyone expecting (or hoping) it would be a Star Wars themed Battlefield game are going to be disappointed this looks much more casual. At least it appears like you won't have everyone in the game running around using force powers and swinging lightsabers. Some have speculated that you'll gain access to hero characters from some sort of point-kill streak system but I'm going to guess it's a random battle pickup on the map.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records
45. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 16, 2015, 21:08 DangerDog

Krovven wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 18:40:
On phone and dint want to edit a huge quote. But regarding hood cam and head bob, you can turn off head bob in the options.

I'll have to check that out, I played with that setting and thought it was for first person view / mode.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Apr 16, 2015, 21:05 DangerDog

It's the dialog that's going to ruin the movie, especially the forced humor.  

4777 Comments. 239 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo