Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4466 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Transfers Clarified; Specs Next Week
17. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Transfers Clarified; Specs Next Week Dec 18, 2014, 03:19 DangerDog

hoping for some fov adjustments with that first person mode, probably won't happen but it would be nice.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GTA Online Heists Early Next Year; Trailer
6. Re: GTA Online Heists Early Next Year; Trailer Dec 17, 2014, 01:28 DangerDog

Another game that's "online only"

/kicks dirt

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
80. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 16:41 DangerDog

Will W wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 16:24:
I didn't want to spend the $60....but I did it anyhow. I see that I have to install it online. Anyone know if I can move the installation over to a USB drive to take home? I'd much rather download it at work and carry it home then wait for my slow-as-molasses cable at home to download it.

I think it'll work, you'll need to authorize your computer at home but the files should move over just fine.

72. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 16:12 DangerDog

ItBurn wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 14:51:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 10:25:
I usually love sandbox games, but there are some that I don't like because they're too empty and aimless. To me so far, it seems like the latter.

First review confirms my fears IncGamers review

I think it's a complement to the game that it leaves you wanting more, as it is in its current form I think it represents what the initial goal was which was to create an updated version of Elite.

Even in the unlikely event that they just continue to fix bugs and hold off on adding more content there's more than enough of a game here to enjoy for quite a long time.

Perhaps it's down to some people mentally adding up all the grandiose promises of Star Citizen and comparing them to Elite that are not satisfied with what's on offer, Star Citizen is still just an idea and Elite Dangerous is a game you can play today.

53. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 14:02 DangerDog

Take a minute and appreciate how far we've come from 1984's version of Elite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuvbZpH1QuE

I know most people want to just jump right in but they did put in some training videos that might be helpful.

http://elitedangerous.com/guide/training/

News Comments > Hatred Gets Steam Redlight
38. Re: Hatred Gets Steam Redlight Dec 16, 2014, 01:11 DangerDog

The Greenlight program is about getting a game listed on Steam, not asking Valve to publish the game in the traditional sense. From reading the Greenlight page it's suppose to be up to the "community" to decide on if a game should be Green-lit but they seem to be skipping that process.

Valve says no Seduce-Me on Steam

Game didn't look any worse than your average "naughty" part from a Leisure Suit Larry game.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Dec 16, 2014, 01:00 DangerDog

I don't think the internet/small screen can pay his $12 million asking price for director.  

34. Re: Hatred Gets Steam Redlight Dec 16, 2014, 00:28 DangerDog

saluk wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 00:04:
If you are outraged that valve made this decision, I hope you are prepared to be outraged for any other game valve decides to take out of the store. So go join the crusade to get The War Z put back.

Games that are falsely advertised or end up being a borderline scam because they're sold in non-working/buggy/incomplete condition deserve to get the punt.

Obviously this was a publicity stunt, censorship was expected which will just draw even more people to take a look just to see what's so "bad" about the game.

I just think it's hypocritical of Steam to be censoring the game. Isn't Manhunt or Postal in this same category? They're still on Steam. I disapprove of Steam being selective on games based on content but it's their ballpark and they get to make up the rules.

Now imagine if it were a closed ecosystem like their "steambox" where you don't get to just buy it from somewhere else, Apple does this with their iTunes store and I'm sure Microsoft does it with their web store. And this is why I choose not to partake in buying any of the products that are tied to these kinds of closed systems. At least with Google Android they allow you to load apps from sources other than the play store if you desire.

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 2014, 00:33.

12. Re: Hatred Gets Steam Redlight Dec 15, 2014, 21:36 DangerDog

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 21:05:
And this is why Steam should never gain total market dominance....

Censorship in all it's forms be damned.

Not to mention blatant double standards, I'm sure you can do just as horrible things in GTA V - are they going to stop that from being sold on Steam?

News Comments > Hatred Greenlight Campaign
8. Re: Hatred Greenlight Campaign Dec 15, 2014, 14:39 DangerDog

Sorry!

An error was encountered while processing your request:

That item does not exist. It may have been removed by the author.

I like the "doom" font for the logo, nice touch.

News Comments > Limit Theory Video
11. Re: Limit Theory Video Dec 14, 2014, 17:31 DangerDog

Yep, of course I'm rooting for him to make it to a finish line but the internet is full of fanciful game world projects that never seem to go anywhere beyond a neat tech demo. It was funny to hear him talk about collision avoidance while in the warp tube and then fly right through a giant asteroid, and yes I get understand he wasn't talking about that kind of collision.  

News Comments > Limit Theory Video
9. Re: Limit Theory Video Dec 14, 2014, 16:34 DangerDog

Very zen like, I don't know if he just hasn't implemented a "cockpit" view or intends to leave it like it is but it would be cool just to fly around in the galaxy. I really liked the idea of being able to warp through the universe without the usual "tunnel of streaking light" effect.

This reminds me of Total Annihilation, short on story but filled with amazing potential. Hopefully the journey to some form of finished game doesn't break him, $180,000 seems too low of a price for the quality he's putting out.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer
15. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer Dec 11, 2014, 01:07 DangerDog

If that's their "we wish the game played like this" video benchmark then they've got a looooooong way to go.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder)
31. Re: Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder) Dec 10, 2014, 14:41 DangerDog

If you ever do get the game I would suggest skipping the DLC, they advertise it as additional story content but there is none, it's just short challenge maps with only hard difficulty enabled. Especially disappointing is the DLC with the original cast, they just did too short, half-hearted recreation of the ending of the movie.

The whole experience is really just a "swan song" to the Alien movie, the nostalgia factor is everywhere if you really love the 70's low-fi tech of the original movie - which was actually intentional at the time it was made. Space Odyssey 2001 had flat screen monitors and came out ten years before Alien.

The replay value is limiting because of the lack of randomization in where and when the Alien shows up, no way to trap the Alien, could have implemented more pathways through the station with opportunities to perhaps make one way choices that would seal you into taking different paths on various playthroughs. I guess I would have liked a more "open world" experience rather than the cinematic event driven one. Still a worthy "Alien" game, so much better than Aliens: Colonial Marines.

News Comments > Flight Simulator X Lands on Steam Next Week
9. Re: Flight Simulator X Lands on Steam Next Week Dec 10, 2014, 13:59 DangerDog

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 10:11:
Can I fly jumbo jets in to towering skyscrapers like I used to back in the day as a kid?

I don't even think you get a cracked window screen when you crash, I'd love to have a realistic physics based crash model in a flight sim but I don't think we'll ever see it from the likes of MS Flight Sim.

Still remember that bogus Direct X 10 marketing image they put out for this thing.

DX 9 vs DX 10

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
95. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 10, 2014, 04:32 DangerDog

Ventura wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 04:17:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 21:20:
Even the ones that were crying the loudest about the switch to online only have since gone with the flow and have accepted the change.

And don't you let the 103-page thread over in the official support forums from people requesting refunds dare convince you of otherwise.

DangerDog wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 21:20:
Being such a niche market segment I don't think they can afford to give the game away for free which is what they would have done with an offline version.

Evidently those of us that ponied up good money for that offline version didn't feel the same way.

103 pages of mostly the same group of people spaming back and forth, a loss of some consequence I'm sure but not as big as many would like to believe.

I would classify the issue as the "over vocal minority" venting their angst about the decision, as one of those who ponied up good money for an offline version the decision didn't surprise me one bit. I still find the "technical" issues for needing to be online slightly suspect.

News Comments > More BF4 DLC Planned
5. Re: More BF4 DLC Planned Dec 9, 2014, 23:24 DangerDog

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 21:15:
Well, I'm all for it if they are releasing it for free. If they don't, they're really screwing people over who bought premium near release day, like myself, who basically paid a hefty sum to beta test their game.

It would have to be a full expansion pack like the good old says or maybe something like BF2143 conversion. I'd pay more for that.

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
86. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 21:20 DangerDog

Julio wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 20:25:
Isn't Elite Dangerous the game that wiped out your cash if you were a backer and wanted a refund?

Even the ones that were crying the loudest about the switch to online only have since gone with the flow and have accepted the change.

Being such a niche market segment I don't think they can afford to give the game away for free which is what they would have done with an offline version.

News Comments > More BF4 DLC Planned
1. Re: More BF4 DLC Planned Dec 9, 2014, 21:08 DangerDog

They may do a classic remake pack but I think they're working on stuff like custom red dot's for weapons and being able to change your hud colors.

I don't know if the vehicle physics adjustments from Hardline have made their way into a BF4 patch but supposedly that's in the works too.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 9, 2014, 18:46 DangerDog

Windows DLC mode enabled, (tap tap) I see you want to play that movie file you just downloaded - click here to get the entertainment expansion pack for $39.99  

4466 Comments. 224 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo