Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4362 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gone Gold - Far Cry 4
14. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 4 Oct 30, 2014, 22:34 DangerDog

Beamer wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 21:03:
Cyant wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 20:57:
Easy choice for me, Inquisition is EA on Origin hence im not touching it.

This requires Ubis's version whose name I can't remember.

Uplay, and it isn't any better than Origin - probably worse in terms of features.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Natural Selection 2: Combat Friday; Livestream Underway
8. Re: Natural Selection 2: Combat Friday; Livestream Underway Oct 30, 2014, 05:10 DangerDog

InBlack wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 03:14:
I bought NS2 ages ago, and played it for a bit. Never could really get into it though too much, the main problem for me being the hit and miss of public games at least with regards to how the teams organize themselvces. It was virtually impossible to get a halfway decent commander. Still it had huge potential, especially with the tons of mods around.

With that said I will not be getting this, maybe at a sale at some point.

I thought it was free to NS2 owners but nope.

No, this game is not free for NS2 owners.
Combat is to NS2 as Half-Life 2 is to Counter-Strike: Source, or DayZ is to ARMA III.

NS2: Combat looks like NS2 because it exists in the Natural Selection universe. Think of it like Star Trek and Star Trek: The Next Generation. It uses the same engine and many assets from NS2, but the SPARK engine in specific has been gutted in many ways to allow Combat to be something more than just a mod. We've created additional lore in the game so you can understand what's been happening in the time period between NS2 and Combat.

sounds like bullshit to me but whatever.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront in Holidays 2015
17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront in Holidays 2015 Oct 29, 2014, 00:49 DangerDog

petition for no lightsaber/jedi mode starts now.  

News Comments > EA Financials; BF Hardline Delayed
3. Re: EA Financials; BF Hardline Delayed Oct 29, 2014, 00:47 DangerDog

I never heard the Feb date for hardline, they did promise another beta so probably in January or maybe two weeks before release in March.  

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com
76. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 28, 2014, 18:16 DangerDog

Star Citizen? Nope, but Beta 3 of Elite Dangerous released today

http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=52288

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Oct 28, 2014, 17:25 DangerDog

Blackhawk wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 10:17:
They still are construction sets. You can still buy boxes of plain old bricks that can be assembled in any way. The 'model kits' are just a different option.

Really? I've only seen the themed lego sets in the store, they used to sell them as just a box of legos and a few ideas to make stuff on the outside of the box. Now kids play with lego by building what's on the box and never taking it apart to make something from their imagination. They even discourage this on some sets by giving you large stickers that cover up walls - so if you take it apart you're almost guaranteed never to be able to put the original model back together and make it look good.

I remember reading long ago that the creator of lego intentionally made the bricks in certain colors so as to discourage kids from making war toys with them. All my tanks were red. I somehow doubt he would approve of what has become of lego today.

66. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 28, 2014, 17:09 DangerDog

Task wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 17:03:
I'm hazarding a guess, but I assume there is no widescreen support from what I have read so far on another site, if you are wondering how it works on modern systems Krovven.

Long ago though, when my first forray into modding was mainly SW games, I found a way, posted on the interwebs, to 'hack' the .exe file with a hex editor to support wide screens. I did it myself once, but I don't remember how. That was way back in 2005 though, so unless GoG somehow found it, its likely someone will need to bring out the fix again.

Xwing Alliance supports widescreen and you can play the original xwing missions using it.

http://www.pcgamer.com/play-x-wing-with-upgraded-graphics-trust-us-you-should/

65. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 28, 2014, 17:05 DangerDog

Krovven wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 16:41:
OMG you guys are pathetic. I didn't even say anything bad about the games and you are immediately getting into defensive fanboy mode.

Peoples nostalgia over how the original games means nothing to me. As my nostalgia over the games would mean nothing to you.

I want to know how the current releases function and how they look and at what resolutions are available...among other issues, features, etc.

Guess I'll just go get my answers from another forum where people don't have giant sticks shoved up their ass.

seems like the answers are on gog forums

[url=http://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_star_wars_tie_fighter_special_edition/page7[/url]

looks like you can either run it in dos mode (320x200) or windows 95 mode which uses xwing vs tie fighter engine that takes away more than it gives, mainly dynamic music and messes up the physics for the sake of multiplayer balance - even though this is single player.

people are clamoring for the 95 collectors cd edition that's not part of the release.

In 1995, TIE Fighter also received a Collector's CD-ROM. The CD-ROM version offered optional enhanced SVGA graphics, increasing the game's resolution from 320x200 to 640x480.[2] The cinematic cutscenes were also enhanced, and the game received numerous voiceovers. The CD-ROM includes the previously released Defender of the Empire expansion and an additional Enemies of the Empire expansion.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation - Corporate Lockdown Released
17. Re: Alien: Isolation - Corporate Lockdown Released Oct 28, 2014, 16:41 DangerDog

TangledThorns wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 16:29:
How are folk here playing the game on PC, with keyboard & mouse or gamepad?

mouse and keyboard is fine as is gamepad, and someone said there was an issue with FOV? They do allow you to adjust it, not to 120 but it's not your typical console port of 65.

If all the DLC is centered around the Station then it could end up being that the best way to play it is after all the DLC is released and you can play it in a more logical order in terms of timeline of events, maybe - I guess it depends on how far each DLC takes you to the final conclusion and spoils the end of the main game.

News Comments > Next-Gen Grand Theft Auto V Bonuses for Returning Players
14. Re: Next-Gen Grand Theft Auto V Bonuses for Returning Players Oct 28, 2014, 16:31 DangerDog

does it use player hosted or instanced servers for multiplayer?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 27, 2014, 21:50 DangerDog

could it be that the content of the media sucks?  

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com?
15. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com? Oct 27, 2014, 20:55 DangerDog

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 20:35:
There was a updated graphics version of Xwing and Tie Fighter that was released on CD that had everything except Xwing Alliance (hope that comes to GoG as well).

Even that would be a stretch for my Nostalgia Goggles, the original was 320x200. The X-wing vs Tie Fighter went up to 640x400 res I believe.

News Comments > Evolve Alpha Details
12. Re: Evolve Alpha Details Oct 27, 2014, 15:30 DangerDog

Yakubs wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 11:09:
I just watched a round on some guy's Twitch stream and the game looked dreadful. They basically spent 5 minutes searching the map, eventually found the monster, and then held down the trigger button for 10 minutes while casually avoiding the monster's seemingly impotent attacks.

Cool idea but it looks like the execution is extremely poor.

That's how the first alpha played out, the levels felt more like mini arenas rather than having any sort of adventure progression to them, the monster didn't feel like it "evolved" so much as just gained new abilities.

I think I would have modeled the design after the classic arcade game Rampage with lots of destruction and NPC people to eat/protect.

You should be able to eat other players and poop them out if you're the monster, imagine having to scrounge for ammo from fallen comrades.

[url=http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/06/24/natural-selection-2-combat-devour-guts/[/url]

If your core game isn't fun then it's pointless to have "tons of soldiers and monsters" to unlock.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
7. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 26, 2014, 19:33 DangerDog

By the time we wake up and realize that google is doing evil shit they'll have amassed an army of robots to take care of any dissent.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 24, 2014, 23:57 DangerDog

FPS portion could end up being the best thing about the game.  

News Comments > Toybox Turbos Announced for Next Month
1. Re: Toybox Turbos Announced for Next Month Oct 24, 2014, 16:19 DangerDog

The concept isn't horrible but the execution is, should have gone with mario kart design template clone.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Recommended Specs
21. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Recommended Specs Oct 24, 2014, 09:23 DangerDog

They mentioned dedicated servers in an interview but I'm pretty sure they're instanced and not the kind where you pick from your browser.

They don't want to give up control over what maps are played in rotation it seems, I remember them using "nuketown" 24/7 as a special event they would set.

News Comments > Arma III Free Weekend
4. Re: Arma III Free Weekend Oct 23, 2014, 19:35 DangerDog

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 19:29:
So does this freebie include the single player campaign or is it just the multiplayer?

both, it's all inclusive when you install it.

News Comments > Arma III Free Weekend
2. Re: Arma III Free Weekend Oct 23, 2014, 19:13 DangerDog

Needs more jetpacks, and next gen AI fish.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Oct 23, 2014, 19:12 DangerDog

But for the first time maybe in my life, on that Saturday afternoon, I walked towards that pair of gamers and I didnít smile. I didnít say hello. In fact, I crossed the street so I wouldnít walk by them. Because after all the years of gamer love and inclusiveness, something had changed in me. A small voice of doubt in my brain now suspected that those guys and I might not be comrades after all. That they might not greet me with reflected friendliness, but contempt.

dang, good thing she didn't smile and say hello, they might have smiled and said hello back.

keep living in your little bubble of fear girl

4362 Comments. 219 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo