Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4200 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Video; Funding to be Deemphasized
29. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Video; Funding to be Deemphasized Aug 21, 2014, 03:53 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 22:45:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 22:16:
Either way... I wish I'd have backed ED

And the reason you aren't buying it now is...

$75 is quite a hunk of change to pay for a game you may not even like, and make no mistake about it Elite Dangerous is in beta and not a content complete beta either. That said I have 37 hours into the Beta right now and looking forward to the second stage of the beta.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases
3. Re: Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases Aug 20, 2014, 17:22 DangerDog

It's suppose to be as big as Borderlands 1, but even at that it might be a hard sell for $60.

I haven't even finished Borderlands 2 let alone the DLC for it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Video; Funding to be Deemphasized
2. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Video; Funding to be Deemphasized Aug 20, 2014, 17:16 DangerDog

They need to go dark on making any announcements and just focus on working on the game, I can only imagine what a waste of resources it is to make these one off demos for gaming expos and most of the time the thing crashes and your left with a feeling that it's all just smoke and mirrors.

Showing off stuff like multi-crew on highspeed lan connected clients doesn't impress me at all.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline in February; Open Beta in January?
17. Re: Battlefield Hardline in February; Open Beta in January? Aug 20, 2014, 17:08 DangerDog

Someone mentioned Witcher 3 in February, I have a feeling that GTA V will get pushed back till then as well.

I had fun in the alpha/beta test for Hardline, I'm glad that it's a stand alone game because it's just too limiting to make it DLC for Battlfield. I don't know what everyone is smoking about Vietnam for Bad Company 2, the maps had horrible chokepoints especially in Rush mode. They should have expanded it to a multiplayer only stand alone game.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament Pre-Alpha
5. Re: Unreal Tournament Pre-Alpha Aug 19, 2014, 20:01 DangerDog

The only thing this can really bring to the table is prettier looking maps to kill people in.

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Aug 19, 2014, 16:55 DangerDog

Too bad the rift support is just a gameshow gimmick and not built into the game, this could have been the killer app that the rift needs.  

News Comments > Crytek to Repair Reputation with "Really High Quality Games"
37. Re: Crytek to Repair Reputation with Aug 19, 2014, 15:22 DangerDog

ItBurn wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 14:58:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 14:56:
I would say it's less about the graphics and more about the art design/style. Look at Borderlands, I wouldn't call it the sharpest game on the block in terms of graphics but the art style works and they've done a hell of a lot of work to make it not feel like an unreal game in terms of movement and shooting.

I personally hate the look and especially the feel in Borderlands... Still, great game in coop.

It took some time to win me over with the graphics but the movement felt good, I can't stand games where you feel like your skating around on ice or move too slow in some lame attempt at making the game play longer.

Now the art style in Battleborn I think looks retarded as hell.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 19, 2014, 15:00 DangerDog

Might as well just combine the two, flappy copters.  

35. Re: Crytek to Repair Reputation with Aug 19, 2014, 14:56 DangerDog

I would say it's less about the graphics and more about the art design/style. Look at Borderlands, I wouldn't call it the sharpest game on the block in terms of graphics but the art style works and they've done a hell of a lot of work to make it not feel like an unreal game in terms of movement and shooting.  

33. Re: Crytek to Repair Reputation with Aug 19, 2014, 14:38 DangerDog

foot wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 14:10:
If consolitis and complacency are the reasons for their downfall, how is it that drivel such as CoD still sells like cupcakes?

Because CoD strikes all the right notes when it comes to appeasing the male ego, familiar "cool" setting to just about every action movie ever made while teasing the possibility to be #1 competitively with that new weapon unlock or gadget. They've also mastered the sensation of "achievement" by constantly bombarding the visual and audio senses with progression ques that keep people hooked on playing "chasing the bar", not unlike what slot machines have done for years.

The yearly cycle of new CoD games doesn't mater because in that length of time gamers are ready for more of the same but slightly different.

Crytek tried really hard to make a "Me too" CoD game out of Crysis 2 & 3 but they broke the first rule of making it too unfamiliar with the whole Nanosuit/sci-fi environment and didn't offer enough weapons/gadgets unlocks to satisfy the "bar chasers".

26. Re: Crytek to Repair Reputation with Aug 19, 2014, 14:01 DangerDog

"Really High Quality Games"... you mean like Ryse QuickTimeEvent of Rome?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2014, 14:52 DangerDog

Here is some exciting footage of Gamescom big award winner, best... action game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vViO40XLcVQ

/facepalm

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2014, 02:23 DangerDog

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 17, 2014, 17:08:
nin wrote on Aug 17, 2014, 16:37:
Pretty sure people are giving money, dude.

Good, cause what I was seeing and hearing was making me plenty mad.

I just wonder if the money will get gobbled up by people paying themselves too much at the top.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2014, 18:13 DangerDog

You're only covered if you have Old Glory insurance.  

News Comments > Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner
22. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 17, 2014, 04:19 DangerDog

|RaptoR| wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 21:20:
Clicking on a comment thread on bluesnews is akin to wading into a cesspit voluntarily. You all are some negative motherfuckers, for serious

Oh, I'm sorry were we suppose to praise this garbage game because "gamescom" gave it a bunch of awards?

News Comments > Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial
36. Re: Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial Aug 16, 2014, 17:54 DangerDog

VogelAP wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 17:21:
Raise your hand if you're tired of seeing it raise money, and are ready to see tangible, playable results (instead of "commercials"). Yeah, it's wonderful that it's the universe's most successful Kickstarter and all, but ... isn't it time to produce something actually playable and fun? Nothing I've see so far -- NOTHING -- indicates that this will be fun. A hanger to walk around in? Yawn.

<raises hand>

But didn't they give you a towel in your virtual hanger to wipe away those virtual tears?

16. Re: Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial Aug 16, 2014, 15:19 DangerDog

Parias wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 14:24:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 13:58:
No denying they have talented artists working for them but I would rather see extremely crude graphics with proof of concept that they've overcome the technical limitations that usually face developers when they try to do multi-crew vehicles over an internet connection, the sync issues alone usually makes everything so jittery and laggy you can't even move.

Ask and ye shall receive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL1RXbZLHAI

This was something else shown at Gamescom. It still looks early and incomplete, but seemed to be working pretty well from my perspective. As far as I can tell, they do have multi-crew functionality in and working in a pretty smooth manner with multiple players in a combat environment.

Over a lan connection, no problemo - well actually they did crash that demo the first time they ran it.

Now let's see them do that over an internet connection with people connecting from different parts of the world using crappy generic ISP cable/dsl connections.

Then let's do the same test and instead of playing against AI NPC's throw in a handful of other real players into the mix.

Can they pull that miracle off? If they're relying on crytek's netcode I somehow doubt it.

The only game I know of that barely made walking around on a moving ship while still being able to do "stuff" was Battlefield 2142 and even then it wasn't always a smooth experience in fact eventually many servers disabled the ability to move the titan ships.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
8. Re: Saturday Interviews Aug 16, 2014, 15:11 DangerDog

nin wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 14:29:
Pigeon wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 14:26:
Oooo please say it's a 3rd person cover based squad tactics shooter!!! Or maybe an FPS where you mash the E key to solve puzzles./sarcasm

Maybe zombies will invade the kingdom???

Only as a DLC add-on

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
5. Re: Saturday Interviews Aug 16, 2014, 14:02 DangerDog

harlock wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 13:37:
does that mean they are going back to the text parser? because that would be fucking awesome

I suspect it'll be a string of "quick time events" strung together.

I would fall out of my chair if they even put an inventory system in the game.

10. Re: Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial Aug 16, 2014, 13:58 DangerDog

No denying they have talented artists working for them but I would rather see extremely crude graphics with proof of concept that they've overcome the technical limitations that usually face developers when they try to do multi-crew vehicles over an internet connection, the sync issues alone usually makes everything so jittery and laggy you can't even move.

Then you look at what Elite Dangerous is doing and you get a feeling of real development progress going on, working on core gameplay systems before adding in layers of eye candy. With Star Citizen it feels like they're just targeting the next game show demo presentation and it's all held together with rubber bands and shoe strings.

I hope I'm wrong but I've got a bad feeling about this.

4200 Comments. 210 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo