Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4135 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Euro Megaserver Migration
1. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Euro Megaserver Migration Jul 28, 2014, 22:36 DangerDog

Migration, so soon.

free to play can't be that far away.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 36 Minutes of Rainbow Six Siege Footage
1. Re: 36 Minutes of Rainbow Six Siege Footage Jul 28, 2014, 16:34 DangerDog

Really only a game you could play with close friends, between the random stupid things you could do to grief other people and the advent of wallhacks and aimbots it wouldn't make for a good time pubbing.

Not to mention it's most likely player hosted with no host migration.

News Comments > GTA4 iCEnhancer Mod Author Taking a Break
11. Re: GTA4 iCEnhancer Mod Author Taking a Break Jul 28, 2014, 16:19 DangerDog

The best mods for this game are Xliveless which removes the games for windows live crap, felt like I got a performance boost by doing that too. First person view mod is really cool as well, mostly for when you're on foot.

The improved lighting is really nice in mods like this one but I turn off 80% of the rest of the "enhancements" like motion blur and bloom.

News Comments > NeonXSZ on Steam Next Month
2. Re: NeonXSZ on Steam Next Month Jul 28, 2014, 16:11 DangerDog

incoming lawsuit from DC comics for using Superman logo  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 26, 2014, 14:16 DangerDog

How to defeat facial-recognition machines and look like a rock star.

When it gets to that point I'll just don a Cobra Commander mask everywhere I go.

News Comments > Crytek Gets Funds for "Transitional Phase"
14. Re: Crytek Gets Funds for Jul 25, 2014, 20:14 DangerDog

I don't want Crytek to fail, I just want them to get back to making decent games again.

Making free-2-fail, quicktime even driven console drivel or some MOBA clone isn't going to cut it.

As generous as their offer to make games with CryEngine is I just don't see there being enough talent to make that happen, not when everywhere you turn people are putting out tutorial vids on making games with Unreal Engine or Unity.

8. Re: Crytek Gets Funds for Jul 25, 2014, 18:30 DangerDog

Yeah I always thought it was delusional when they would talk about Crysis being this huge franchise, the whole nano-suit thing always felt more like a gimmick to explain the gameplay mechanic of having god like powers.

When they did the multiplayer beta for Crysis 1 it just felt completely off, people were giving suggestions on how to improve the game but it was this whole awkward feeling of trying to be Battlefield like with vehicles and yet you are a one man army so no need for squads filling up specific tasks and vehicles didn't belong when you could just nano-speed-boost around the map on foot.

Hiring some bigwig sci-fi author to write the story for Crysis 2, really? That story was so generic anyone could come up with it on the back of a napkin while eating pizza and drinking beer. I think they even did a toy line tie in with Crysis 3.

It all went to their head in a bad way.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2014, 17:18 DangerDog

sauron wrote on Jul 25, 2014, 15:17:
This game on Steam Early Access had me ROFLing pretty hard so I thought I'd share. The user reviews are particularly good.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/246900/

"In space, no-one can hear you clean..."

they need to roll this into star citizen as one of the occupations you can have in the game.

3. Re: Crytek Gets Funds for Jul 25, 2014, 17:09 DangerDog

Their free-to-fail "warcry" shooter was only successful in Russia, as far as I've read. How much revenue that means to them, probably not a whole lot.

I wonder how bad of a failure their Ryse game was on xbox. Seems like they bet too much on the success of these projects and opened offices all over the world and buying up defunct studios, suddenly their check bounced.

You don't hear anything about their CryEngine subscription platform, Unreal Engine 4 pretty much dominates in terms of attracting a user base.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2014, 14:51 DangerDog

Wow, that Manhattan show looks worse that I thought it would. It looked like they were about to break out in a song and dance routine in that short clip.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Livestream Today
2. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Livestream Today Jul 24, 2014, 14:39 DangerDog

While it's impressive that they can get it working on Android I don't see content rich games being applicable to that platform if for no other reason the lack of storage space on many Android devices, never mind the lack of graphics processing on the majority of the devices.

Looking at a finely crafted cinematic just makes you realize that you need an Epic sum of money to make a real game with Unreal Engine.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 23, 2014, 17:43 DangerDog

Apple is the new Prenda Law  

News Comments > Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris in December
1. Re: Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris in December Jul 23, 2014, 14:38 DangerDog

looks cool but also a one and done play through, every time I play a coop game like this the rest of the party wants to treat it like a speedrun.  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Delayed to 2015
7. Re: Battlefield Hardline Delayed to 2015 Jul 22, 2014, 18:57 DangerDog

interpretation: No way in hell are we going to go up against Grand Theft Auto V and release at the same time.

I think they just need more time to create assets that aren't ripped directly from Battlefield 3/4.

the beta was fun, just hope they don't screw it up and go full retard making it a call of duty clone.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Beta Next Week
23. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta Next Week Jul 22, 2014, 16:29 DangerDog

They're pretty vague on what you get with the "Lifetime Expansion" thing, they've shown off extra textures for ships but I don't think that content falls under "expansion".  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Beta Next Week
18. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta Next Week Jul 22, 2014, 15:14 DangerDog

ItBurn wrote on Jul 22, 2014, 13:45:

I like what I read, but there's NO WAY they can deliver all that in Q4 2014... Not without huge sacrifices... I haven't really been following this project, but I do know how long it takes to make a good game.

It's really just down to how clever they can get with automating the mission/quest scripts into the game. The universe is just a giant spreadsheet of locations and items that you trade. I don't think there's going to be any massive audio recordings to go along with the procedural missions.

The release of the game will just be Elite with better graphics. The landing on planets and walking around your ship stuff will come later.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't hit the 30th anniversary date of Elite for release which is in September. Either way even when they do release it'll be a work in progress for quite some time.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 21, 2014, 20:47 DangerDog

Email is out, text messaging is in.

I can see email being re-branded to just "messaging".

News Comments > The Sims 4 Subscription Plans
7. Re: The Sims 4 Subscription Plans Jul 21, 2014, 15:26 DangerDog

The only enjoyable thing to do in sims is to make a pool, get your sim in the pool and then take away the ladder.

News Comments > Areal Funded; Putin a Backer?
19. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 20, 2014, 17:35 DangerDog

Creston wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 16:53:
Redmask wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 16:32:
Task wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 16:30:
Wow, more Russia bashing, nice.

Not like they aren't giving the world plenty of ammo these days.

Oh come on, what's an airliner with 300 people on board amongst friends?

1988: US warship shoots down Iranian airliner

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 20, 2014, 16:48 DangerDog

I would say our future is going to look more like Mad Max than Star Trek.

4135 Comments. 207 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo