Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4827 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse May 23, 2015, 15:50 DangerDog

I've been using adguard on my phone and tablet, seems to work pretty well.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 21, 2015, 22:20 DangerDog

Unless you're working on the next Pixar film you have no business doing this.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 21, 2015, 22:18 DangerDog

I don't care what they call it, I'll never watch it and laugh and belittle anyone trying to make it into something it's not.

News Comments > BF Hardline Criminal Activity Details
7. Re: BF Hardline Criminal Activity Details May 20, 2015, 21:49 DangerDog

My fast twitch shooting days are behind me, I don't think I have it in me to play another hyper fast paced shooter like Quake/Tribes/Unreal Tournament.

I think even Hardline is pushing it for how fast you kill/die in the game. "fastest Battlefield yet"

I think if they rebalanced normal mode to be more in line with BF4's tempo then it might have been more successful but instead they tried to push the fast time to kill to distance themselves from all the moaners calling it a BF4 mod. It didn't work.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black May 20, 2015, 19:57 DangerDog

I'm not interested in any of the new guys they have on late night, Conan still makes me laugh but I don't watch regularly.  

News Comments > BF Hardline Criminal Activity Details
4. Re: BF Hardline Criminal Activity Details May 20, 2015, 19:54 DangerDog

Yeah it's flat lining, I doubt DLC will bring people back either.

They're still primarily focused on insuring that the game is stable and doesn't have crashing issues therefor they're really going slow with patches and updates. From Viscerals perspective they were successful on next gen consoles, PC players didn't show up to the party in numbers though it wasn't that bad at launch but have since vanished. They blame the lack of interest on the thought that PC players are only interested in military shooters.

News Comments > Cancelled DOOM Media
2. Re: Cancelled DOOM Media May 18, 2015, 21:20 DangerDog

I don't know why they don't go back to the original art design and do it up in ultra HD, not as a 2.5D game but with the traditional monster designs.

Pinky Demon HD

News Comments > DOOM Reveal at E3
26. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 18, 2015, 16:26 DangerDog

theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 18, 2015, 14:22:
Looks terrible.

It's probably an in engine cinematic, the actual game will probably look worse. Held back by xbox360 and PS3 no doubt.

They should have dropped the id tech and went with Ureal Engine/CryEngine. Nobody cares about the history of id software - it ended the day Carmack quit. They just know when a game doesn't look up to par with other modern FPS games.

News Comments > BF4 Spring Patch to Add New Weapons & Gun Master Mode
3. Re: BF4 Spring Patch to Add New Weapons & Gun Master Mode May 17, 2015, 17:05 DangerDog

Well this should put a knife in Battlefield Hardline and kill off that game for good (on PC anyway).  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Specs
26. Re: Oculus Rift Specs May 15, 2015, 23:12 DangerDog

I'll pick a set up on ebay I have a feeling the turn over rate is going to be pretty high.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Specs
15. Re: Oculus Rift Specs May 15, 2015, 21:10 DangerDog

*Facebook account required

How much are they going to charge for this? $500?

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege in October
1. Re: Rainbow Six Siege in October May 15, 2015, 00:29 DangerDog

Anything to beat the street date of the next CoD game.

It's not going to help

6. Re: Into the Black May 15, 2015, 00:05 DangerDog

Cutter wrote on May 14, 2015, 21:41:
Wow, that was just awful. And did they really need to make Jimmy Olson black? Rolleyes

Well they really could have switched it up and had a black Supergirl.

1. Re: Into the Black May 14, 2015, 20:03 DangerDog

Pretty much, I'm surprised they kept the outfit (sort of) but they did that subdued color thing again.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 14, 2015, 03:35 DangerDog

Genesys wrote on May 13, 2015, 20:49:
DangerDog wrote on May 13, 2015, 16:01:
I doubt Windows 10 would work on hardware running Windows XP without upgrading the ram at the very least, and for those people many are still on XP because of their requirement for some device driver that's only available on XP or would grind the computer to a halt speed wise if you upgraded the OS.
Windows 10's requirements are actually pretty modest: 1Ghz CPU, 1GB RAM, DX9 GPU, 16GB disk space. I have it installed on a USB stick, and it boots okay on a Dell Mini 9 (1GB RAM, 1.6Ghz Atom CPU). Everything's too big since they seem to assume everything's a high DPI touchscreen, but it works. Driver compatibility with old hardware may be different, but you need to be really ancient to have something without at least drivers for Vista, which I think should install on W10.

Interesting, I was expecting even more bloat on Windows 10. I just hope I don't have to jump through too many hoops to avoid their cloud crap.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 13, 2015, 16:01 DangerDog

I doubt Windows 10 would work on hardware running Windows XP without upgrading the ram at the very least, and for those people many are still on XP because of their requirement for some device driver that's only available on XP or would grind the computer to a halt speed wise if you upgraded the OS.

Vista though should be on the list but whatever.

I haven't tried windows 10 preview, does it require you to have a MS account or can you bypass that?

News Comments > Tom Clancy’s The Division Delayed
1. Re: Tom Clancy’s The Division Delayed May 12, 2015, 20:59 DangerDog

Looks like the ref just threw a red flag on the field Bob.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse May 12, 2015, 16:53 DangerDog

Internet Troll party candidate 2016  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint
34. Re: Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint May 11, 2015, 16:37 DangerDog

I wonder how much money they spent on bringing back the original cast to do voice-over work for the really lame DLC pack they made?

You also have to factor in the price SEGA paid to use the Alien franchise which I bet cost them a huge amount of their budget. I remember that's why Bethesda dropped the Terminator license way back when it was still a thing.

The best part of the game was the music and atmosphere, they really nailed both. The mission structure could have allowed more freedom to explore, I found the whole system of assembling devices from scrap parts uninteresting and aside from health kits unnecessary.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
6. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 10, 2015, 19:55 DangerDog

Yeah, I guess I was reading into it that future versions were going to be some sort of "computing in the cloud" Windows 365 type service.

Who knows, they might go there and that's the day I switch to Linux or maybe sooner if it can become a little more user friendly. I listened to someones experience installing Nvidia drivers and it sounded like a headache.

4827 Comments. 242 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo