Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5014 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Social Module Released
52. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 31, 2015, 05:36 DangerDog

There's videos that shows it off, it's relatively small with large vistas of buildings and ships flying in the background. Bar, medic hospital, jobs, spaceship showroom, gun store. It's just a hub with everything pretty close to each other.

There's a way to glitch a craft to fly around the map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GX1HpYnhUw

of course it's completely overbuilt, looks like it was made by someone who never studied game design and optimization. everything not visible from the player character should be culled from the scene for example.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
12. Re: Sunday Interviews Aug 30, 2015, 20:59 DangerDog

James Cameron did it right, moved to NZ (along with his family) set himself up on a farm and I think he installed a dedicated fiber connection so that he could essentially VR into the movie studio to work on his Avatar pet projects from his ranch.

34. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 30, 2015, 20:53 DangerDog

Vall Forran wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 20:31:
Finally got in without timing out. God damn, I'm impressed! The fidelity of the hub is amazing. No wonder it's taking so long for them to roll out stuff...

It looks very Mass Effect but with the clutter and immersive atmosphere of Deus Ex. The cityscapes look amazing. I was always dissapointed that Mass Effect always cheated with a blurry window over looking a matte painting with sprite vehicles flying around.

Star Citizen has fully modeled skyscrapers with a very realistic urban sprawl connecting everything together.

I don't know why they called it the "social module". They should just call it the "hub" or something. The social part -- there's no chat function that I could find -- just has a bunch of identical dudes running around in various states of lag.

F12 to enable IRC mode

don't forget to

/dance
/dance
/dance

8. Re: Sunday Interviews Aug 30, 2015, 16:51 DangerDog

The whole deal behind spending two billion dollars for Minecraft makes me think it's like some ultra rich guy's version of Trading Places just to see what some average slob would do with all that money. I'm sure there's at least a dollar wager that he'll go broke before he turns 40.  

1. Re: Sunday Interviews Aug 30, 2015, 15:40 DangerDog

For someone who had enough imagination to create Minecraft he seems to be running short on it with regards to how to spend his money. First thing he seemed to do was blow $70 million dollars on that museum of a house in LA? Of all the places in the world to plant your flag why on earth would you want to live there?

If someone handed me two billion dollars I think I'd be playing Minecraft only with real world structures building a city that would equate to nerd nirvana, the massive wall would be to keep the creepers out.

8. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 30, 2015, 15:21 DangerDog

Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 14:54:
What the actual f**k! What is a "social module," and how does it relate to battling space fighters?

If you're able to look past the shiny graphics, it's a 30 gig menu system that you can't interact with.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Open Beta
6. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Open Beta Aug 29, 2015, 17:03 DangerDog

Hump wrote on Aug 29, 2015, 13:17:
are they allowing cross-platform play in the beta does anyone know?

You mean Xbox One players against PC players? lol that'll never ever happen.

I think they've dipped too far into the sci-fi sauce with this one, they over estimated the popularity (lack there of) for Titanfall by trying to make a "me too" clone. Would have been better off rebooting the series with a WWII game.

News Comments > LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer
2. Re: LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer Aug 28, 2015, 18:23 DangerDog

Cant you just add grappling hook to Unreal Tournament?

At least that game is really free to play.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Aug 28, 2015, 01:04 DangerDog

Is yahoo owned by Disney? I swear they're pimping way too hard on Star Wars not to be.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 27, 2015, 22:54 DangerDog

I thought the movie was funny but as a TV series?  

News Comments > Evening Previews
4. Re: Evening Previews Aug 27, 2015, 22:52 DangerDog

It's too difficult to come up with really unique locations for different planets. They're not going to go all planet "Pandora" when they can film in a giant sandbox, Dubai this time I believe.

It's not Tatooine because we're calling it Jakku.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Aug 27, 2015, 05:39 DangerDog

Everyone swoons over Tim Burton's batman movies but I thought they were dreadful.  

News Comments > Boss Key Reveals LawBreakers
19. Re: Boss Key Reveals LawBreakers Aug 27, 2015, 04:48 DangerDog

What if you had a game announcement and nobody cared?

News Comments > Mad Max Commercial
15. Re: Mad Max Commercial Aug 24, 2015, 22:44 DangerDog

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/mad-max-pc

19.99 from cdkeys

It looks like a total conversion of Shadow of Mordor.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Aug 24, 2015, 21:49 DangerDog

Carmack is a horrible father, he should be teaching his kid to use .plan files.  

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Aug 23, 2015, 19:47 DangerDog

It'll run on instanced servers for the 20v20 modes and for the co-op it'll be player hosted.

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Aug 23, 2015, 17:50 DangerDog

Being on Origin is the least of your problems with Battlefront, from what I can tell there won't be a server browser for this, no rentable servers so no custom options or 24/7 map servers (a plus or a minus depending on how you like to play your games).

They're relying 100% on the visuals, sounds and music to lure people into getting this game and I'm sure it'll work.

News Comments > On Trine 3's Length and Future
9. Re: On Trine 3's Length and Future Aug 22, 2015, 18:10 DangerDog

I wonder what was the root cause of the cost going up "triple" of the last one? New rendering tech?

I've watched a clip of gameplay and while the 3D stuff sort of switches up the gameplay with depth I'm not sure it really called for it.

I read on the forums it's three tutorial levels and three game levels. Generally you would think going 3D would be a productivity improvement over drawing stuff in 2D.

Sounds a little like they look at the average length of time people spent playing Trine 1 and Trine 2 and decided to design the game around that scope.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Aug 22, 2015, 16:32 DangerDog

Waiting on peripheral and component drivers, I'm in the - If it ain't broke category.

At least performance wise it's not a step down like Vista was.

News Comments > Destiny Still Destined for PCs?
23. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Aug 22, 2015, 01:16 DangerDog

I don't follow this game but I do know they removed Dinklage from the game. Re-recorded his lines.

5014 Comments. 251 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo