Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4950 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
67. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 22:01 DangerDog

The only way to regain your privacy is to not use any connected device. I still object to the idea of MS making money off of selling my search data or collecting data on the programs I use.

[url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3f38ed/guide_how_to_disable_data_logging_in_w10/[/url]

may not eliminate all of their data snooping but it should go pretty far in limiting it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

64. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 21:01 DangerDog

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 15:27:
Creston wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 10:54:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 10:48:
Can someone actually confirm whether an upgrade from Windows 7 retains that license or not? And what happens when you change HDD's and thus have to do a clean windows 10 install???? Does that mean the license evaporates if you switch hardware?

It's supposed to deactivate the windows 7 license and turn it into a windows 10 license when you upgrade. Then, once you've upgraded your PC, it essentially becomes a windows 10 stand-alone license.

Thanks Guess I will sit on my license for the next 5 years.. no haste to upgrade..

I don't think it's deactivated, the terminology is that the windows 10 "absorbs" your current license in that whatever version of windows you're using (retail or OEM) is reflected upon when you update to 10. If you have OEM then your version of windows 10 will be OEM.

If you want to put 7 or 8 back on then it should continue to work.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jul 29, 2015, 20:35 DangerDog

Stick a fork in that guy, he's done.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 28, 2015, 20:26 DangerDog

Haven't bothered with Windows 10 preview but the Start menu looks like complete crap to me. I'll be installing StartIsBack++ when I decide to upgrade to 10.

I'm surprised they didn't integrate "live tiles" into the desktop background with no way of removing them.

News Comments > King's Quest: A Knight to Remember Released
1. Re: King's Quest: A Knight to Remember Released Jul 28, 2015, 20:14 DangerDog

I feel like they completely missed the nostalgia train on this one.  

News Comments > Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta Instructions
3. Re: Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta Instructions Jul 28, 2015, 20:14 DangerDog

It's not like this game would ever take advantage of anything DX12 brings to the table.

News Comments > Fallout 4 "Basically Done"
38. Re: Fallout 4 Jul 28, 2015, 16:42 DangerDog

It's not done till modders add a PC mouse friendly interface.  

News Comments > Unreleased Underwater Shooter Footage
5. Re: Unreleased Underwater Shooter Footage Jul 27, 2015, 16:37 DangerDog

An underwater bioshock game with real fluid dynamics/physics would be cool, floating around in water trying to shoot people - not so much.  

News Comments > New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast
19. Re: New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast Jul 26, 2015, 19:17 DangerDog

Acleacius wrote on Jul 26, 2015, 17:42:
The big problem is Mod Tools don't put COOP functionality into the game, only Source Code (iirc). So what he is saying is misleading, unless I misunderstand (entirely possible ).

What he's calling "modification support" isn't what people are thinking, it's just their pre-form level creation editor where you can make maps that you and I think up to three other people can play through pseudo co-op style.

Maybe they'll have proper mod support where you can really dive into the guts of the game code but that's not what he's talking about.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2015, 17:11 DangerDog

On first viewing I split a gut on the candy bar scene. It's more of a time capsule movie now than a stand out comedy.  

News Comments > New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast
11. Re: New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast Jul 26, 2015, 16:36 DangerDog

"Modification support" is just their snap together map editor thing or will they have real mod support?  

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2: The British Forces Sniper Trailer
2. Re: Company of Heroes 2: The British Forces Sniper Trailer Jul 24, 2015, 19:21 DangerDog

sniper is OP  

News Comments > Bombshell Trailer
11. Re: Bombshell Trailer Jul 24, 2015, 14:09 DangerDog

Think they might be over doing it with the bloom effect, that swirling dust cloud isn't doing it any favors as well.

It's down to the variety of environments and enemies, it looks pretty generic though.

News Comments > Gears of War Ultimate on PC After Xbox
9. Re: Gears of War Ultimate on PC After Xbox Jul 22, 2015, 15:01 DangerDog

I'm looking forward to not getting this game as well but there's no need to blow a fuse over it.

Besides, it's all about Minecraft now with Microsoft given how much damn money they spent acquiring it.

News Comments > Win10 Gamer Primer
28. Re: Win10 Gamer Primer Jul 22, 2015, 14:53 DangerDog

Pigeon wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 10:11:
Anyone know if you'll be able to do a full (free) install as opposed to an upgrade? Most of my files are already on a back-up drive, and I don't have much for programs with the exception for games; so all else being equal I'd rather do a fresh install than a back-up.

From what I've read you can do a clean install but you'll need to "update" your existing in-place OS before you can use the ISO to clean install. They want everyone to log-in to their microsoft store to get windows 10, so far I've just bypassed that procedure on windows 8.1 and don't have an "MS Store" account.

As long as you can either uninstall this xbox application or opt out some way then I'll just continue to ignore all the xbox junk.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Trailer
5. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Jul 21, 2015, 19:39 DangerDog

It's like a Chris Foss painting come to life. Hours after this is released someone will figure out a way to jump to the center of the universe.  

News Comments > Aperture VR Video
1. Re: Aperture VR Video Jul 21, 2015, 16:15 DangerDog

Neat mini "holodeck" type implementation, they need to have the cables coming up and over the players head but even if they do devise a system that takes care of that you have rooms with ceiling fans or other issues to deal with.

They still haven't solved the input problem, best hope seems to be on implementing something like Google's Project Soli "radar" input system.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jul 20, 2015, 20:39 DangerDog

The Apollo 11 Moon landing was one of the single greatest achievements in the history of humankind.

Seems like we should have a national holiday for landing on the moon, or at least a day of recognition.

News Comments > Battleborn Trailers
3. Re: Battleborn Trailers Jul 17, 2015, 21:34 DangerDog

first person MOBA, I'm sure it'll be a huge hit.  

News Comments > Brothers In Arms Rearming
17. Re: Brothers In Arms Rearming Jul 17, 2015, 17:45 DangerDog

Do I get to play as a German defending the motherland against a hostile invader?  

4950 Comments. 248 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo