Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4337 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 John Wick DLC; Game Free with Movie Ticket
6. Re: PAYDAY 2 John Wick DLC; Game Free with Movie Ticket Oct 21, 2014, 22:17 DangerDog

jimnms wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 20:17:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 19:17:
Does it work if you buy one child ticket lol

What does a movie ticket costs these days? I haven't been to a movie theater in years. I prefer to watch in the comfort of my home, not having to pay an ass load for food and drinks, and best of all not putting up with idiots. I don't mind waiting a few months for a BR/DVD release, especially lately when movies get chopped for theaters and released in uncut/uncensored BR/DVD.

Last time I went to a theater it was $7.50 for an adult ticket, which is what the game is on sale for now anyway. I'm guessing it's gone up since then.

same, looks like it's $12 but the catch is you have to buy your ticket through Fandango so that might just be their inflated price.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
2. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 21, 2014, 19:32 DangerDog

For a frostbite 2 engine game it doesn't look all that great for some reason. Maybe it's another one of those, let's zoom in on art assets that's normally viewed from a distance in 3rd person.  

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 John Wick DLC; Game Free with Movie Ticket
1. Re: PAYDAY 2 John Wick DLC; Game Free with Movie Ticket Oct 21, 2014, 19:17 DangerDog

Does it work if you buy one child ticket lol  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Corporate Lockdown DLC This Month
14. Re: Alien: Isolation Corporate Lockdown DLC This Month Oct 21, 2014, 18:59 DangerDog

The OR support is a bit sketchy, I understand that in the proper E3 demo you could freelook separate from your weapon or gadget in your hand, maybe that was something they had throughout the game and took it out - it sill exists when you go to save your game you can look around wile you're accessing the save computer, otherwise your gun/gadget is locked to your view.

It'll probably be fun to play around with but not a requirement or something you would want to play the whole game though with it on.

As for the Alien AI, I'm sure they could make it unforgiving but that would just be more frustrating than fun - it is a game after all. I found it to be serviceable overall, not horrible but maybe could have been quicker to react. If you try to attack it (place a trap) it'll become much more active and faster in moving around looking for you.

More than a couple of times I had thought, wow this AI is stupid only to have it quickly turn back into the room and kill me. If it does lock onto you, even from a distance, you're pretty much cooked.

You can't kill the alien so having weapons and crafted explosives in your inventory has no affect on the alien coming after you or not - only exception is the flame thrower but it'll only get it to back off ever so temporarily, and piss it off.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
12. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 21, 2014, 17:25 DangerDog

If Amiga had brokered deals with schools to get them into the classroom, even blow their cost it would have taken over the market.

Instead they went for traditional marketing of ineffective TV advertising and magazines. In many markets they also tried to up sell them in specialized stores like you would a mac, usually filled with the same snob sales people you would expect from an apple store.

The trolly really went off the rails when Commodore tried to turn it into a TV game console with a cd-rom drive.

News Comments > Dying Light Four-Packs
5. Re: Dying Light Four-Packs Oct 21, 2014, 16:35 DangerDog

This looks better than "evolve" for four player gaming anyway.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 21, 2014, 15:24 DangerDog

Sitting too much is this generations cigarette problem, or something.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Corporate Lockdown DLC This Month
2. Re: Alien: Isolation Corporate Lockdown DLC This Month Oct 21, 2014, 15:17 DangerDog

yeah but it's a good kind of stress.

It's more about the atmosphere, the game oozes retro Alien sci-fi images and sounds.

I have to say the people marking it down for having manual saves are wrong and they're quite generous in allowing you to save so you don't have to replay huge chunks of the game if you screw up, it's needed to add to the tension. It's lite on the quicktime events and doesn't frustrate by respawning enemies in areas that have been cleared out (system shock 2) and weapons don't degrade or jam up.

Complaining about the randomness to the way the Alien moves around looking for you is silly, if it just followed the same path every time that would be just plain boring. I do wish there were more modes of travel for the alien like crawling on the ceiling, but in Alien you never really saw it walking around either.

Too bad they're just focusing on the space station with the DLC, I would have made one where you play newt trying to survive on the colony on LV-426 until the marines show up.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM
49. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 20, 2014, 18:23 DangerDog

UHD wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 17:47:

The 30fps thing was because of an auteur (aka douchebag) game designer who thought it was more cinematic.

Also, define "real" developers.

It's more than just Ubisoft spewing the 30fps cap, it seems to be a thing now because both of the next gen consoles are underpowered.

I would define a "real" developer that actually makes a game from the ground up for each specific platform and thus provides the best experience you can get without imposing limits on one platform (PC) just so that it lines up with the experience on the lesser powered ones (Consoles).

This is usually just given lip service without actually delivering the goods, there are a few exceptions.

Like I said, not concerned about the raising of the system specs as long as you're not doing it to illicit a reactionary response of "oh, this must be a great game because look at how much hard drive space and ram it needs".

My experience with CoD Ghosts leads me to believe that yet again the raised system reqs won't correlate into a game all that different looking or sounding from the xbox360/PS3 version.

44. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 20, 2014, 17:10 DangerDog

NKD wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 16:30:
ViRGE wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 16:20:
I challenge anyone here to prove that the specs are a result of a lazy PC port.

This is a pet peeve of mine. These morons bitch about games not utilizing PC hardware because consoles. But then when the next generations of consoles launches and requirements finally shoot up, they bitch that apparently the fact that it wants more hardware is now a NEGATIVE because of consoles.

What the actual fuck? Does no one see the logical disconnect there? Upgrade your shitty wooden PCs or switch to knitting or golf.

Some related peeves.

"Hurp durp, why so much VRAM, these textures aren't ULTRA SUPER MEGA RESOLUTION"

Because the memory is used to create MORE textures, not just wasting it all on the diminishing returns of having a super high resolution texture on that piece of rubble no one is going to be paying attention to. There are also other "textures" mapped to objects beyond the base art, like normal maps and whatever else.

"Why so much CPU, the AI is still sucks!"

Because the CPU is being used elsewhere for basic game logic. Like so much else, it's a trade off. You can have five guys with super cool AI routines, or you can have a fully populated city with more rudimentary NPCs running around. Plus you have to actually account for the AI in your gameplay, it's not as simple as just turning up the "Smart" dial to 11.

"My hard drive is literally a record player from 1937. Why they need so much space?"

Because more art assets equals more space. There are no magical compression algorithms that take away the basic fact that more pixels of art means more bits of space.

The list goes on and on.

No, it's not that. It's because when you play these "next gen" console ports you're left wondering why does this still look and play like shit? Where did all that space on the hard drive go?

We've had games in the past (crysis for example) that look and play 10x better and didn't crank the system req's to this level - but holy crap just imagine if "real" developers took advantage of the power of today's modern PC's

Nope, instead we get retarded shit like using uncompressed audio because crap "next gen" consoles can't handle compressed audio or would drain performance just enough so all the audio in the game sits on your hard drive like a bloated pig - hello Titanfall? or hey you don't need more than 30fps in your game Microsoft an Sony told us so.

News Comments > Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft
20. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 16:56 DangerDog

BitWraith wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 16:49:
You guys do know that with every sexual comment you make, you justify everything the Anita Sarkeesian's of the world are saying, right?

or maybe some people just can't take a joke anymore, lighten up nancy.

News Comments > Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft
18. removed Oct 20, 2014, 16:25 DangerDog

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 20, 2014, 18:37.

39. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 20, 2014, 16:16 DangerDog

No surprise, Ghosts was 6GB Ram requirement also. That 55 GB hard drive space requirement seems excessive.

All that ram and storage space, can't allow for FOV higher than 65.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer
10. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer Oct 20, 2014, 00:16 DangerDog

Brumbek wrote on Oct 19, 2014, 16:58:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 19, 2014, 16:44:
But does it have advanced next gen fish AI?
New material please. It is far too easy to mock something than to think about it rationally. Infinity Ward's Rubin made foolish comments, and his talk about Ghosts was mostly PR lies. It isn't exactly fair or logical or bring up old jokes about another game made by another developer.

Sledgehammer it seems is actually trying to innovate and deliver the best SP and MP experience so far in CoD. If you don't like CoD then fair enough. But so far Advanced Warfare does seem like an actual evolution of FPS gaming rather than rehash of the same old CoD.

Anyway, I just think each developer should be judged by their own work...not mocked for another studio's bad game. I'm sure everyone will agree politely and engage in enlightened discussion.

Did I strike a tender nerve there?

As for Call of Duty devolving into Quake, that is a perfect fit since it's been using scraps of the old quake engine tech all these years. I have to complement them on making it look so good all things considered, it's still clunky though and almost laughable when they try to implement things that it's just not good at like vehicles and maps bigger than a shoebox.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer
1. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer Oct 19, 2014, 16:44 DangerDog

But does it have advanced next gen fish AI?  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta
28. Re: Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta Oct 18, 2014, 04:53 DangerDog

Jackplug wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 03:31:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 17:33:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 14:37:
Unfortunately I can see why they don't allow for modding, just look at that "Hatred" game being made now imagine if someone did that with Battlefield, or worse.

Yes they don't want anyone making something so cool that you ignore the main game *cough* Project Reality *cough* but I can see from a PR point of view that they would also not be able to stop people from making bad things with it as well.

They will never allow us to mod their games, After BF3 insult, never buy another game from them. I think their levels are just basic boring and created by 5yr olds or rehashed from old bf games! I had a go of that Hardline and it was just a mod that anyone would of written and tbh made it far better than what they could ever do.

That was an alpha with one map and two modes, more of a playtest. I'm looking forward to the next beta which should be, I'm guessing, in January.

I can understand why many people are upset with Battlefield but I think it still provides a fun multiplayer gameplay experience, for a shooter anyway.

You want to talk about horrible net code and I think that award has to go to Arma III. I think the last Call of Duty that had decent multiplayer was Black Ops 2. When you start looking there's not a whole lot to choose from.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 17, 2014, 22:12 DangerDog

It was more of a group buy, probably would have still been funded if they would have been upfront about it.  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta
20. Re: Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta Oct 17, 2014, 17:33 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 14:37:
I see in these comments developers that are excited about what they're doing. The problem with this game, and all AAA games these days, is that the publishers force the devs to make decisions to monetize the shit out of it. Thus no modding. Thus season passes and DLC. Etc.

Unfortunately I can see why they don't allow for modding, just look at that "Hatred" game being made now imagine if someone did that with Battlefield, or worse.

Yes they don't want anyone making something so cool that you ignore the main game *cough* Project Reality *cough* but I can see from a PR point of view that they would also not be able to stop people from making bad things with it as well.

News Comments > Hatred Announced
7. Re: Hatred Announced Oct 16, 2014, 21:39 DangerDog

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 19:45:
Sounds really sick, hope it is adults only rated.

Youtube will be full of people letting their five year old kids play it while laughing in the background.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Oct 16, 2014, 00:25 DangerDog

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 22:20:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 21:26:
We can't block commercial flights from these west african countries because then it would be difficult to track them?

What?

I've also heard the B.S. excuse that we need to be able to send supplies and people to help the areas affected, I thought that was what the military was doing with their humanitarian mission.

Sorry, it really sounds like they want this to spread far and wide as possible.

Statistically speaking you're more likely to die from slipping on a wet floor but lets also talk about how the government is complacent in spreading around the country these illegal's that stormed the border recently, many of whom had serious transmittable diseases.

Think of it this way... theme parks have a 'main point of entry' for customers typically a front gate. Customers buy a ticket, ticket is scanned as people come in. You then close that front gate but customers still want to get in and will do so any way they can. That means every single other way (maintenance entrances, employee entrances, emergency exits, holes in a fence, people climbing over the fence etc) now has to be taken into account and now that tickets aren't needed to get in you can not get a accurate customer count in the park.
So instead of having all your ebola customers coming in the front gate where they can limit exposure, they are coming in from every point possible and causing a lot more possible exposure points. And every exposure point is another potential outbreak.

Okay, but how likely is it that someone sick with ebola will even make it to another country that adjoins the US let alone make some massive trek across country just to deliver themselves as a walking biological time-bomb.

What really pisses me off are stories about people traveling there and back just to bring dieing people the word of god. Just like the latest person who has contracted ebola they don't give two shits about the jeopardy they put people in around them.

At the very least this feels like a live testing environment to determine how effective the medical institutions are in handling a pandemic type scenario - so far I would give them a failing grade.

4337 Comments. 217 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo