Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Greg

Real Name Greg   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Crunch
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 5, 2000, 17:46
Total Comments 63 (Suspect)
User ID 6039

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2013, 18:29 Crunch

Really sorry for your loss Blue. She seemed to be a wonderful person.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Uru Lives
8. Re: No subject May 9, 2006, 08:40 Crunch

That's one of the many questions they'll need to answer soon.

News Comments > X-Men Game Talent
7. Bah Mar 27, 2006, 17:06 Crunch

Never forget rule #1 : Don't bash a game before it's out.

That said, the Wolvie/Nighty/Icy trio idea is interesting. Not only is it interesting from a story stand point but also for a gameplay standpoint. Wolvie is the ultimate badass and should be tons of fun to play with. Nightcrawler while not the most powerfull of the gang has a good range of possibilities beside teleporting: great acrobat, can walk on walls/ceilings, can turn almost invisible in the dark, and has great fencing skills. Iceman could be very fun too and has some possibilities..

Will watch this one closely.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
5. Re: Rohn Jomero Mar 18, 2006, 08:28 Crunch

there's a decent amount of us that won't be so quick to buy the next id game.
That's possible, but to be sure id would first have to formally announce it and show some of it then we could tell.

News Comments > Sims 2: Family Fun Revealed
2. Re: Milk dat shit... Feb 25, 2006, 19:54 Crunch

My, how many add-ons are there in total? like seven or height... That has to be some sort of record.

News Comments > Dear Diary
1. Khaaaaaaan Feb 22, 2006, 12:11 Crunch

Oh wait, wrong thread. Ah well, close enough, it's a Star Trek thread.

News Comments > Crysis Announced
1. No subject Jan 30, 2006, 11:17 Crunch

Can't wait to hear another uniformative piece of PR bullshit talk.. Guess we should get used to this with years passing but no.
Anyone understand what this game is about?

News Comments > Thompson Watch™
13. Re: Regular feature? Nov 23, 2005, 13:21 Crunch

On a slow wednesday evening, if nothing's on TV, read a good Jack Thompson story.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Happy Anniversary Oct 9, 2005, 12:51 Crunch

So it's that time of the year again when we all feel suddenly old? darn, ten years.. At any rate your site surely is one of the oldest by now; and rightfully because it's just as great and kicking today as it was ten years ago. (wait, I wasn't there ten years ago, make that seven )

Happy anniversary; may you bring us lots of news and goodness for the next ten years.

"Bluesnews - Serving the online gaming community for over a decade"?

News Comments > The Late Show
15. Re: Project Offset Aug 9, 2005, 09:11 Crunch

Good quality motion blur is something I've been looking forward for a while, it realy adds a lot for realism. Especially for high speed movement; can't wait to see FPS or racing games using it.
Their offset engine so far is the only engine I've seen that has such a great motion blur.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Boring... Jul 28, 2005, 18:48 Crunch

It's true WW was a little boring toward the end. But finishing it really worth it, the very end is one of the best ever. (that last boss fight alone is worth it)

News Comments > Help Wanted - id Software
17. Re: No subject Jul 19, 2005, 08:23 Crunch

As much as I admire John Carmack's work id doesn't rely solely on him. They have some of the greatest artists out there; and a couple other gifted coders from what I hear.
For sure if/when he goes things will be different, but the company isn't gonna implode or stop making great games. They'll just hire a new coder or two and go on.

But the main thing is that with the large advances of hardware renderers are gonna evolve at a much slower pace. Within a couple years new games engines will be more in the form of updates of previous engines, not full blown new ones. Much like with the pre-rendered engines. And Carmack has said that himself a couple times in the last two years. So, 'engine coders' will become less and less required and coders are gonna get specialized in various areas.

Doom3 and the upcoming Unreal3 engines are huge leaps from the previous generations, but it's unlikely we'll witness such thing again. The whole lie of "photorealistic quality" is getting truer and truer every year. Just look at the Gears of Wars screenshots, they're better than some pre-rendered work of just 5 years ago..

That said, I can't wait to see what the id guys are working on.

News Comments > Destinies Revealed
2. Re: gag reflex Jul 2, 2005, 20:20 Crunch

Not that there's anything bad with that..

Now, about those real time 3D characters however; now *that* is poor. The lighting specifically.

News Comments > BF2 Demo Not Exclusive
6. Re: No subject Jun 9, 2005, 18:02 Crunch

paper. I win.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
4. Re: Getaway Jun 5, 2005, 17:46 Crunch

Why would we? o_O You mean Getaway 3 isn't a sequel?
More than half of the games announced for both the Xbox360 and the PS3 are sequels; MGS4, Halo3, FFXI, UT2007, DOA4, you name it.. (and I'll avoid the EA sports games whose titles all includes at least two digits). Sure they'll be some new things but publishers won't change their habits any time soon..

About those shots.. I'll believe them when I'll see them running in real time.

News Comments > Psychonauts Patch & New Demo
17. Re: No subject May 30, 2005, 19:40 Crunch

I've been pondering on getting a gamepad too, but Xbox pads just don't cut it for me. Is there a GameCube pad adaptater?

News Comments > Game Movies
14. Re: Q4 Movie May 25, 2005, 15:05 Crunch

1280*720 is just ridiculously overkill for a video. Sure it look great, but most computers just can't play it correctly..

News Comments > Game Movies
3. Re: Q4 Movie May 25, 2005, 12:46 Crunch

They had switched the blue and red channels.
Whether it was an actual lame censorship or an honnest goof up (doubtfull) is unknown. Anyhow it was ridiculous.

News Comments > ECTS & GDCE & SCoRE Cancelled
2. Re: No real surprise here... Apr 12, 2005, 12:49 Crunch

Sure it's been on the decline, the last really interesting ECTS I can remember was when Blizzard announced WoW. Which is quite old already..
Still, a whole show being canned is something you don't see everyday.

News Comments > Hello World
116. No subject Apr 6, 2005, 19:05 Crunch

Kudos and stuff. Great to see the site finally back full steam.

63 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo