Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Colonel Bastard

Real Name Colonel Bastard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Spektr
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 78129615
Description interested in level editing, texture editing modelling and some programming
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 26, 2000, 20:57
Total Comments 254 (Amateur)
User ID 5900

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Edge: Valve, Mojang "Greatest Developers"
53. Re: Edge: Valve, Mojang Jan 15, 2013, 08:11 Spektr

Fibrocyte wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 18:44:
Mojang even being mentioned is a joke.

Why? I don't think we have seen the end of what Notch achieved with Minecraft. This game was developed by one single person and is followed by fans of all ages. From eight to forty. No other developer can brag about that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jan 11, 2013, 08:02 Spektr

Jerykk wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 00:37:
- Console gamers migrating to PC where they can save money and get the best versions of any given game.

I am not sure switching to pc is the best way to save money. The same consoles have been around for nearly ten years. At the same time pc gamers were compelled to buy new processors and new graphic boards whereas new games coming out didn't bring any technological revolution.
Look at Farcry3. Might be one of the few freeroaming FPS out there but can't say it brings much in terms of technology compared to Farcry2
Well console player can play it on same hardware whereas pc players can always read articles telling them their old graphic board will play farcry3 at less than 30fps max.

News Comments > Path of Exile Open Beta This Month
9. Re: Path of Exile Open Beta This Month Jan 10, 2013, 11:46 Spektr

The world of Wraeclast huh? That phrase sounds familiar........  

PC Gaming > Far Cry 3 save system annoyances
6. Re: Far Cry 3 save system annoyances Dec 24, 2012, 21:25 Spektr

Yeah the save option allows you to save at a certain spot of the island. Allowing to stop the game at a specific place before stopping it or before anticipating trouble. the only thing I could advise her is to play the game herself. Not sure she's missing much tho as in my humble opinion the story is not the highlight of the game.
Otherwise the current system works for me. I find it hard to die often in the game except when I am being careless.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers
44. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 19, 2012, 08:13 Spektr

jdreyer wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 15:38:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 15:01:
I guess you mean the Q3A id? They've been a subpar developer for a decade: Rage, Q4, Doom 3, etc.

Quake4 was made by Raven. And in my humble opinion the proof that ID could do worse.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Dec 6, 2012, 09:29 Spektr

I am ashamed to say I have no clue who "famed director" Albert Hugues is. At the same time there is the mandatory "About Crytek" and "About Electronic arts" statements even though everybody knows who they are. Well I do at least... Go figures.  

News Comments > Diablo III Bans
6. Re: Diablo III Bans Nov 9, 2012, 11:28 Spektr

ViRGE wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 11:21:
I'm still dumbfounded by how we've reached the point where you aren't allowed to cheat in a single-player game.

Being banned in a game you can play offline is no big matter but here that's another story. Once again a good reason not to buy it.

News Comments > Skyrim Premium Edition Outed
10. Re: Skyrim Premium Edition Outed Oct 29, 2012, 14:49 Spektr

I'd rather wait for the discounted version.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 19, 2012, 08:38 Spektr

For this price one can have a netbook running windows 7  

News Comments > Blizzard's Pardo: Single-Player Games an "Endangered Species"
48. Re: Blizzard's Pardo: Single-Player Games an Oct 4, 2012, 09:11 Spektr

Ok Mr Pardo. You and your company are officially on my black list. Yes I have played WOW for years but those days are yesterday. And I didnt even try D3. Go on and maximize your profits. I'd rather play interesting creative new games like say Minecraft that your nth iteration of your big franchises that you are sucking dry. Burn the ground that you are standing on and we will see where you are in a few years. I really hope Titan is a success because I am sure that the weakening income you are getting from WOW is already not enough for your company and your greedy shareholders.  

News Comments > Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing?
49. Re: Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing? Sep 28, 2012, 08:46 Spektr

Cutter wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 23:07:
Prez wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 20:53:
That's one of the advantages of being a bartender and historian both. You come to understand human nature really well and you constantly see it repeated over and over again down through history. We all suffer from cognitive dissonance to a degree but mine is much less than most people by virtue of what I do and what I've studied most of my life. I calls 'em the way they are, as it were.

As a bartender you must see a lot of cognitive dissonance. Is it the scientific word for drunkenness?

News Comments > Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing?
48. Re: Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing? Sep 28, 2012, 08:37 Spektr

Jonjonz wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 07:44:
Fire the marketing bonehead that came up with the whole panda theme.

Dumbest, least attractive game theme ever.

Well it might be that or it might be that players have been disappointed with their previous expansion pack, the overhyped Cataclysm.. Now it's time for Blizzard to be disappointed. This said the best way not to be disappointed is not to set hopes up. I don't know if they live secluded but it's easy to listen to users comments and foresee it's not going to be a big success.
That and WoW has reached its downhill phase already. There are so many games I missed because I played WOW. I came out of it and I found myself in a nightmare world where Call of Duty is the FPS reference. Are they expecting us to play their game another 10 years?

News Comments > Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt
84. Re: Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt Sep 27, 2012, 20:25 Spektr

The best workaround is to keep using windows 7 ( or xp )

Personally I have nothing against Windows hunting on Apple's territory... the Iphones were something to write home about when they came out because they were doing something new. Something that hadnt been done before. Now they can improve them every year but everybody's free ( even if not welcome) to play that game now and to even to win that game. As much as I despise MS's schemes to make more money. I get the feeling that what they are doing in the mobile sector will still be better than Apple. Apple's schemes to cash in and to control their system has been a brake to innovation. Look at Android.. No wonder the student ( the copycat) surpasses the Master ( the original) Now it's indeed pretty unlikely Windows will be at the head of innovation but I would still favour it over an Apple product. I just can't agree with a product that doesnt have standard ports without a good reason. I am no expert but I am just a customer. I have no antipathy for Microsoft's mobile efforts but I have the feeling their policy is going to ruin their efforts. It can't escape them that the only reason Apple could force an expensive mobile with a closed system down their customers' throats was they were bringing something new to the table and setting new standards. It doesnt sound to me that it is the case Where MS is concerned. And as for the desktop version..... Touchscreen interface may be the new cool kid in town but I have yet to see it beat the comfort of a mouse and keyboard... Ok this is going to be the cheapest iteration of MS windows ever but I am not sure the argument is good enough to weigh in their balance. Some lesson not learned with Vista. The only reason so many people buy their OS is the third party programmes that run on them. if someone could take all the games that run on Windows and make them linux-compatible-only overnight. Millions of people would spend their night trying to install Ubuntu.

News Comments > Ubisoft Making Fewer AAA Games
18. Re: Ubisoft Making Fewer AAA Games Sep 13, 2012, 15:43 Spektr

Trevellian wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 10:02:
They thought the trash they've been releasing was still considered AAA? What planet do they live on. With the exception of the Assassin's Creed series they honestly haven't made anything AAA

A lot of crappy console games are considered AAA. Thing there are a lot less AAA titles made already.

News Comments > BIS Arrests Follow-up
14. Re: BIS Arrests Follow-up Sep 12, 2012, 17:55 Spektr

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 16:52:
Greece is not a democracy, it is a meritocracy (Where the merit is being "physically related" to a politician)
Well that's called an oligarchy dude :p

Well it's not Egypt. Both Greece and the Czech Republic are part of the European community. It should settle itself because Greece can't afford bad press with Europe. Plus the accusation that another European country is spying on them is ridiculous. At least they are lucky they're not in a Turkish prison :p

News Comments > BIS Arrests Follow-up
5. Re: BIS Arrests Follow-up Sep 12, 2012, 14:24 Spektr

It is little known but Greece is one of the most militarized country in Europe. Should really have invested all that money in the economy...  

News Comments > Obsidian Entertainment Tease
17. Re: Obsidian Entertainment Tease Sep 11, 2012, 03:41 Spektr

A teaser with an ouroboros.. wow I am so overwhelmed by so much imagination!!!!!  

News Comments > On Darksiders II Sales
7. Re: On Darksiders II Sales Sep 8, 2012, 17:28 Spektr

True.. they are all polished and stuff.. good looking and pampered like a student on a prom night but they lack the cool factor.  

News Comments > Call of Juarez: The Gunslinger Announced
4. Re: Call of Juarez: The Gunslinger Announced Sep 6, 2012, 10:51 Spektr

Yeah Call of Juarez been sucking all along. If only for the crappy duel mode. But it isn't just that.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Sims 3 Supernatural
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Sims 3 Supernatural Sep 4, 2012, 12:51 Spektr

Kinda think it sounds like Sims 3 Trueblood  

254 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo