Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Colonel Bastard

Real Name Colonel Bastard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Spektr
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 78129615
Description interested in level editing, texture editing modelling and some programming
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 26, 2000, 20:57
Total Comments 260 (Amateur)
User ID 5900

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA "R331 Game Ready" Driver
25. Re: NVIDIA Oct 22, 2013, 15:01 Spektr

Are the new drivers ready for GTA V? :p  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers?
20. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 15:24 Spektr

I can't remember a gta that hasnt been released on PC.. they don't have a date in it or something? :p I guess that their presence in the PC drivers mean it could be released sooner than next year.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced
18. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced Oct 9, 2013, 07:16 Spektr

Am I the only one who noticed the Lucasart splash screen whereas I was kinda expecting to see Disney instead :p

I have played a shitload of SW games but I cant remember the last time I played a star wars game that wasn't "meh"

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced
17. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced Oct 9, 2013, 07:13 Spektr

Are you talking about Star Wars Galaxies? :p

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 19:34:

Quests!
Everyone wants to be a Jedi? Ok!
NO! QUESTS!
Rework the entire combat system? OK!
NO YOU DICKWEEDS, QUESTS!
Redo all the skills? Alrighty!
ARG! *RAGEQUIT*

News Comments > Activision Publishing Suing Worlds Online
14. Re: Activision Publishing Suing Worlds Online Oct 5, 2013, 22:02 Spektr

Isn't there a fine for wasting people's time on ludicrous accusations? if there is, then it sure isn't big enough  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 25, 2013, 11:19 Spektr

yes that "driving a car in realistic city" part is "very" attracting to young kids. My 10 year old nephew tried it at a friend and asked to play GTA3 at my place I accepted it to observe him playing. he's not doing the quest and as he doesnt speak english doesnt understand the foul language and the drug themes. He's been a kid who loved to break his toy cars and just loves to make the cars fall from heights and explode. I would be lying if I said he doesnt find it funny to run his car over people. But for him it's cartoon stuff. This said I wouldnt like him to understand all the sex talk and drug talk and so on.  

News Comments > Amazon.de Lists PC Grand Theft Auto V
10. Re: More on Steam Living Room Plans Next Week Sep 21, 2013, 04:12 Spektr

Well well well don't we know it's coming for PC. Why do we have to have So many headlines about such a stale topic?  

News Comments > SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games
14. Re: SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games Sep 19, 2013, 15:12 Spektr

What if I say their games suck on here can I be banned? Oh wait I am not playing of their games. :p

the way I see it they could have trouble in countries where freedom of speech is enforced. Banning offensive people might be a good thing but stalking people on the internet is another thing. Offensive people on twitter is twitter's problem. Where does it stop? do they monitor what political party people support on twitter?
At the same time if people have identifiable accounts on twitter they're calling it upon themselves :p

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
7. Re: Evening Screenshots Sep 17, 2013, 19:58 Spektr

The Dark Elven armor kinda looks like Optimus Prime from the transformers  

News Comments > WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst
49. Re: WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst Sep 13, 2013, 12:28 Spektr

Scheherazade wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 20:32:
If they had half a brain, they would have nest-egged a crap ton of money from WoW.

Wonder if they squandered it.

-scheherazade

They probably spent it all on girls drugs and champaign.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins PhysX Trailer
5. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins PhysX Trailer Sep 13, 2013, 12:01 Spektr

to be honest when I was read the title I was in the "oh another physX demo" state of mind.. but it kinda blew me away. the soft shadow getting sharper near light source trick is something that I have been looking forward to for a while but I was kinda expecting to come out of a standard shader and new hardware not from a physx trick. the steps in the snow trick really blew me away too. I hope Elder scrolls online adds this kind of trick when walking in snow or sand.

I agree it's "super cool technology" even if I'd rather they didn't use retarded superlatives to market their technology. But since Nvidia left the console market to AMD,and unless the market shifts back to PCs I don't see it becoming widespread for the next decades

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2013, 12:08.

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Aug 21, 2013, 03:25 Spektr

A Watchdog movie already planned? I thought it was a rip off of the "Person of Interest" tv series already.  

News Comments > John Carmack Joins Oculus VR
41. Re: John Carmack Joins Oculus VR Aug 7, 2013, 13:37 Spektr

No biggie for ID they still can license unreal engine :p
To be honest "everybody"'s developing their own 3d engine nowadays. Hard for him to standout in this crowd. Maybe a change in his routine can reinspire to come up with new ideas.

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2013, 23:01 Spektr

So is this why gamers are considered immature at large? Funny but I seriously doubt that the world at large gives a f or simply put, is aware of what discussions and controversies are going on in the gaming community.  

News Comments > Watch_Dogs Engine Features
7. Re: Watch_Dogs Engine Features Jul 6, 2013, 15:31 Spektr

I remember wben at some point in the past, devs would mention their engine's features to promote what set it apart from the crowd. I don't really see the point of stating all those features we can see in about every other game around. This said I am looking forward to trying that game if the gameplay is as exciting as it sounds.  

News Comments > Todd Hollenshead Leaves id
25. Re: Todd Hollenshead Leaves id Jun 27, 2013, 05:27 Spektr

People are trying the tech. Making maps with a big nontiling texture is no easy task. Some experimentation and maybe innovation may come out of it. But gone are the days when the player model was made of cubes on which a 64 x64 stormtrooper skin could be added in a matter of days. So much innovation in matters of gameplay and technology took place in those days that there is not that much incentive for teams to play on that field now.
To ID's defense not much came out of Doom3 as far as mods are concerned whereas source had become the modding engine of choice and Unreal engine 3 the licensing engine of choice so there wasnt much incentive for Doom to bother about the modability. Maybe it's true for shooters but modders are still active at modding the elder scrolls. It seems it's much more satisfying ( and maybe easier ) to mod an open world environment as it doesnt require for modders to create whole new environment to add their assets.
When you see the efforts by Crytek to put modability at the center of their tech and you see the result, I feel I can't blame Id if they dont give a damn about modding any more.Maybe if Farcry3 had the modability of the cryengine or if Cryted made an open world crysis game a lot of modding would be going on there.

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 2013, 05:33.

News Comments > Into the Black
14. Re: Into the Black Jun 20, 2013, 06:50 Spektr

I am speechless Modern tv series wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the Sopranos..  

News Comments > War of the Roses Guns of Burgundy Update
2. Re: War of the Roses Guns of Burgundy Update Jun 20, 2013, 06:45 Spektr

The Lancasters always pay their debts :p  

News Comments > Arkane Prey 2 Rumor
3. Re: Arkane Prey 2 Rumor May 31, 2013, 22:28 Spektr

I agree... I dont think the game portal would exist if it wasnt for Prey which was one of the most original FPS I have ever got to play and what was announced for the sequel didnt seem to be shit either. Would be a great license for Arkane imho.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
13. Re: Evening Consolidation May 23, 2013, 07:36 Spektr

PC never looked so sexy.
Can the kinect camera tell how many Sony execs are grinning right now?

260 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo