Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Colonel Bastard

Real Name Colonel Bastard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Spektr
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 78129615
Description interested in level editing, texture editing modelling and some programming
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 26, 2000, 20:57
Total Comments 244 (Novice)
User ID 5900

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
14. Re: Into the Black Jun 20, 2013, 06:50 Spektr

I am speechless Modern tv series wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the Sopranos..  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > War of the Roses Guns of Burgundy Update
2. Re: War of the Roses Guns of Burgundy Update Jun 20, 2013, 06:45 Spektr

The Lancasters always pay their debts :p  

News Comments > Arkane Prey 2 Rumor
3. Re: Arkane Prey 2 Rumor May 31, 2013, 22:28 Spektr

I agree... I dont think the game portal would exist if it wasnt for Prey which was one of the most original FPS I have ever got to play and what was announced for the sequel didnt seem to be shit either. Would be a great license for Arkane imho.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
13. Re: Evening Consolidation May 23, 2013, 07:36 Spektr

PC never looked so sexy.
Can the kinect camera tell how many Sony execs are grinning right now?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 22, 2013, 17:32 Spektr

I am so sad for those share holders.. me cries :((  

News Comments > Lords of the Fallen Announced
1. Re: Lords of the Fallen Announced May 17, 2013, 08:14 Spektr

Deeply dived? Scuba diving levels?  

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
20. Re: Ubisoft Financials May 16, 2013, 12:07 Spektr

I don't like Steam. In fact I hate it. I dont wanna install all my games on the same partition because I have several partitions. I can patch my games myself all it takes is a download and a click. Very technical huh. And all the bells and whistles like the achievements and such that are supposed to be the latest craze (Oh What a turn on) whereas the software itself belongs to the Prehistory of interface coding. I hate it and I don't care that you like it. I hate it because I am forced to use it. I dont want it on my hard disk thank you. I only want the games.  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
7. Re: Morning Screenshots May 15, 2013, 10:45 Spektr

yeah there's something about old nazi cougars in tight leather suits going around to each his own. Hmm I dont recall ever having a gun pointed at me by an evil old man in an fps... Ah Maybe in Bioshock?  

News Comments > Bethesda Game Vulnerability
33. Re: Bethesda Game Vulnerability May 13, 2013, 07:34 Spektr

Sooo all the games from Bethesda have "a" vulnerability that makes them crash? What a revelation? Hello! All their past releases since daggerfall and Skynet have been buggy as hell and have crashed countless times. Skyrim and Fallout and Oblivion have been the more stable games they've released. Which doesnt mean they never crashed. TES online wouldn't be a real elder scroll games if it didnt crash on me a couple of time.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 10, 2013, 09:20 Spektr

Regarding Paypal I hope they go for voice recognition. fingerprints and eye scans are not safe. I dont want hackers to start go around and cut people's head and fingers off :p  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Announced
13. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Announced May 7, 2013, 11:19 Spektr

An interesting setting... except.. Why did I bother win all the previous Wolfenstein games if it is to have the nazis win world war II?? Doh all that work for nothing!!
The only thing that could redeem it is a nazi boss that looks like Horst Tappert :p

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 29, 2013, 07:55 Spektr

jdreyer wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 03:46:
There's no reason that a new car should require an actual human to drive it in 10 years time.

I can find a reason. Survival instinct, the will to live... Well twenty years ago I thought we'd be driving flying cars so I cant really criticize your optimism.
Anyhow that article really sounded like a late April food joke to me.

News Comments > Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within
37. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 15:09 Spektr

I cant believe what I am reading!!! Shinji Mikami is called the father of survival horror??? Sorry but French game maker Frederick Raynal creator of Alone in the dark invented the genre...  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
7. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 18, 2013, 06:14 Spektr

I don't know about Iphone but I can only lament that my galaxyS2 is not built around the basic function. Which is or rather should be phonecalls. Well making a phonecall requires a swype gesture answering one also. Then the absence of a physical button for that requires you to look at the screen. In a perfect world I would say that those two facts contribute to deter people from phoning while driving but it's not the case and it only contributes to making people who phone while driving more dangerous as they look at screen and have to use two hands to answer calls or make them.
On android when I got started, if the contacts was pushed to the groups tab it makes the phone tab disappear entirely. As a newcomer I didnt know where it went and for a few days I could only make phone calls from contact list.
My point? in an emergency situation when you are stressed out, are wounded, for a reason have only one hand available ( say your arm is in a cast or you are carrying something) or using someone else's phone. Smartphones are ridiculously hard to use to start with.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls: Arena Sighted
1. Re: The Elder Scrolls: Arena Sighted Apr 15, 2013, 09:43 Spektr

Is that supposed to be a remake of the original? And by a European studio? Does it mean Beth is planning to have this one and maybe later Daggerfall redone by outside studios to make them more in line with theit latest installments starting from Morrowind and including Elder scrolls online?? Doh!!!!  

News Comments > AMD Says No More DirectX?
18. Re: AMD Says No More DirectX? Apr 13, 2013, 07:33 Spektr

Well no point in making a directx12 if directx11 isnt utilized yet. Consoles will most certainly use 11 so that means it's going to be around for 10 more years at least. MS might want to focus on developing products they can actually sell.  

News Comments > Project Eternity Environment Trailer
27. Re: Project Eternity Environment Trailer Apr 11, 2013, 11:13 Spektr

Well I really thought that was 3D. Looks nice for an isometric game. Much better than Diablo III actually. But I am not sure what the deal is. it's not like 3D is expensive to compute nowadays.
So I am figuring out they are not using geometry but they are using 3D rendering technologies like normal mapping which allows the will o the wisp to cast realistic light on the statue.. Was pretty clever when John Carmack demoed that technology on the low rez models in Doom3 tech demos and I guess it still looks clever today.

This comment was edited on Apr 11, 2013, 11:27.

News Comments > America's Army Beta Signups
20. Re: America's Army Beta Signups Apr 9, 2013, 08:34 Spektr

Yah when signing up for the beta make sure you read all the line even the smallest one at the bottom :p :p Make sure you're not signing up for the real life version :0  

News Comments > Raven's Cry in October
2. Re: Raven's Cry in October Apr 6, 2013, 08:08 Spektr

I thought that was crytek's next ip developed in collaboration with Raven software :p  

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Teaser
11. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Teaser Mar 25, 2013, 12:59 Spektr

I thought it was a predator game.. that guy's helmet makes him look a bit like a predator. I am amazed you could analyse so much in so little time. for me it looked like doom3 with shiny stuff :p  

244 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo