Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Colonel Bastard

Real Name Colonel Bastard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Spektr
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 78129615
Description interested in level editing, texture editing modelling and some programming
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 26, 2000, 20:57
Total Comments 252 (Amateur)
User ID 5900

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Demon Core Revealed
2. Re: Demon Core Revealed Dec 19, 2013, 12:03 Spektr

yay reading the article had me wonder if we were up for the next Stalker game but it did jump on me when I started the video... Half life it will be.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth Censored for Australia
6. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Censored for Australia Dec 17, 2013, 12:29 Spektr

ahhh.. Countries..  

News Comments > The Division Engine Trailer
15. Re: The Division Engine Trailer Dec 9, 2013, 02:20 Spektr

yeah cant wait to watch it on a video with a proper resolution.  

News Comments > Clandestine Announced
1. Re: Clandestine Announced Nov 28, 2013, 14:26 Spektr

huhhh I hope that wasn't pre rendered.. I hope it's not actual gameplay footage either actually..  

News Comments > John Carmack Leaves id Software
67. Re: John Carmack Leaves id Software Nov 23, 2013, 11:21 Spektr

Not sure that statement was bad enough to warrant an insult. Megatexture is the only innovation Carmack brought to the table for the past few years and apparently he wasnt going to revolutionize 3d yet again. ( he clearly stated that he joined Oculus because he was feeling like he was really taking part in something new there.
Nowadays everybody's making their own in house engine or modifying existing ones. The licensing market is completely dominated by Unreal and even innovative engines like crytek have trouble existing on the market. Take this and a couple of others like frostbite. there was simply no room for small team work like Carmack envisioned. Actually I wouldnt be surprised if the studio didnt find liberating to create engines for a game as opposed to game for the engine in the past. Carmack could actually create engines on his own and license it away if he had something relevant to offer. He doesnt have to have a whole gaming business behind him to back him up.

News Comments > Pandora: First Contact Trailer
5. Re: Pandora: First Contact Trailer Nov 21, 2013, 08:33 Spektr

Of course nothing related to the Pandora in the Avatar movie or the Pandora in the Bordelands games? Didnt know it was hard with an original name these days...  

News Comments > Dex Kickstarter
2. Re: Dex Kickstarter Nov 13, 2013, 11:57 Spektr

I think everyone could get a crappy game anyway. . Everyone will want to check that the game is nowhere as lame as its name before trusting them with your money.I mean come on "dex", even if the game was called etsoiehzefdfxx it wouldnt sound so bad. Well I wouldnt judge a book by its cover but if the writer can't come up with anything but a lame ass title for it I won't give a second look.

Actually it looks kind of cool for a 2d game :p

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
44. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2013, 04:54 Spektr

Who gives a shit about steambox? the only reason I use steam is that game developers force me to do it.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced
39. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 10, 2013, 13:10 Spektr

time travel? Is Draenor the outlands before it exploded. To be honest I quit this game long ago and not because of pandas because I couldnt be bothered the same game for five more years. To be honest there is nothing announced here that's tempting me into going back. The updated player character models are quite necessary if they want to keep capturing new players though. But strategically I think that's something they should be doing for free.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 2, 2013, 13:21 Spektr

Wish Mozilla was working on making firefox fully compatible with youtube  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Oct 31, 2013, 12:05 Spektr

"Powerful" as opposed to "we give a f.. about what she's doing"

the whole concept of the Sims could produce interesting games if it was made by the like of rock star games. Instead we have an aseptised franchise with dumbed down gameplay. Oh wait the dumbed down gameplay was in Sim city..

News Comments > The Sims 4 Next Fall
10. Re: The Sims 4 Next Fall Oct 23, 2013, 08:32 Spektr

I was wondering the same thing.. After reading the super vague descriptions of the game's features I have no clue what sets this apart from previous games. At the same time I cant claim that I am an expert. The only time I approached that game I was trying make a character that was a communist dictator who couldnt get laid in America. it didnt work out and got tired real quick.. Well if someone made a sims game that has the humour of games such as GTA and Tropico that would be a win.  

News Comments > NVIDIA "R331 Game Ready" Driver
25. Re: NVIDIA Oct 22, 2013, 15:01 Spektr

Are the new drivers ready for GTA V? :p  

News Comments > GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers?
20. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 15:24 Spektr

I can't remember a gta that hasnt been released on PC.. they don't have a date in it or something? :p I guess that their presence in the PC drivers mean it could be released sooner than next year.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced
18. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced Oct 9, 2013, 07:16 Spektr

Am I the only one who noticed the Lucasart splash screen whereas I was kinda expecting to see Disney instead :p

I have played a shitload of SW games but I cant remember the last time I played a star wars game that wasn't "meh"

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced
17. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced Oct 9, 2013, 07:13 Spektr

Are you talking about Star Wars Galaxies? :p

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 19:34:

Quests!
Everyone wants to be a Jedi? Ok!
NO! QUESTS!
Rework the entire combat system? OK!
NO YOU DICKWEEDS, QUESTS!
Redo all the skills? Alrighty!
ARG! *RAGEQUIT*

News Comments > Activision Publishing Suing Worlds Online
14. Re: Activision Publishing Suing Worlds Online Oct 5, 2013, 22:02 Spektr

Isn't there a fine for wasting people's time on ludicrous accusations? if there is, then it sure isn't big enough  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 25, 2013, 11:19 Spektr

yes that "driving a car in realistic city" part is "very" attracting to young kids. My 10 year old nephew tried it at a friend and asked to play GTA3 at my place I accepted it to observe him playing. he's not doing the quest and as he doesnt speak english doesnt understand the foul language and the drug themes. He's been a kid who loved to break his toy cars and just loves to make the cars fall from heights and explode. I would be lying if I said he doesnt find it funny to run his car over people. But for him it's cartoon stuff. This said I wouldnt like him to understand all the sex talk and drug talk and so on.  

News Comments > Amazon.de Lists PC Grand Theft Auto V
10. Re: More on Steam Living Room Plans Next Week Sep 21, 2013, 04:12 Spektr

Well well well don't we know it's coming for PC. Why do we have to have So many headlines about such a stale topic?  

News Comments > SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games
14. Re: SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games Sep 19, 2013, 15:12 Spektr

What if I say their games suck on here can I be banned? Oh wait I am not playing of their games. :p

the way I see it they could have trouble in countries where freedom of speech is enforced. Banning offensive people might be a good thing but stalking people on the internet is another thing. Offensive people on twitter is twitter's problem. Where does it stop? do they monitor what political party people support on twitter?
At the same time if people have identifiable accounts on twitter they're calling it upon themselves :p

252 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo