Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Colonel Bastard

Real Name Colonel Bastard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Spektr
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 78129615
Description interested in level editing, texture editing modelling and some programming
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 26, 2000, 20:57
Total Comments 258 (Amateur)
User ID 5900

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > SOE Live Announced
9. Re: SOE Live Announced Mar 26, 2012, 21:10 Spektr

Zarkonis wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 16:25:
Wonder how many pissed-off SWG players are gonna show up, just to tell Smedley what a jackass he is.

haha I was thinking of something along those lines but involving gratuitous violence, a plastic lighsaber and the place where no light ever shines.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crowdsourced Hardcore Tactical Shooter Becomes TAKEDOWN
3. Re: Crowdsourced Hardcore Tactical Shooter Becomes TAKEDOWN Mar 26, 2012, 21:04 Spektr

For sure a horrific placeholder name of a project but Takedown strikes me as terribly plain. Kinda sound like the name of a cheap budget shooter one won't give a second look at.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 22, 2012, 09:26 Spektr

Jee we have yet to get a game that uses realistic hair like that. They don't even pull it for realistic grass. Actually I would be quite content with realistic cloth and capes that don't intersect with geometry :p
Of course we have been stuck with the same technology ever since the devs decided it wasn't worth the money to make a game that doesn't run on consoles. Every time I see a manufacturer promoting its newest graphic card I want to tell him/ her "Great job but since games are not making use of your technology and probably never will, that's a cause lost on me." Oh back in the days when every year developers and manufacturers brought exciting new features. Half of which would actually make it into games. Oh your GPUs would really turn heads back then. And we would feel so compelled to change our hardware every year. I guess I have to wait for new consoles to come out... Saving money until then!

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 2012, 09:36.

News Comments > Skyrim Patched
15. Re: Skyrim Patched Mar 21, 2012, 02:20 Spektr

Please add polearm crossbows and prostitutes. And the game will be perfect.  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: Women Who Game Have More Sex, Study Finds Mar 17, 2012, 13:59 Spektr

MuzixMon wrote on Mar 17, 2012, 12:20:
I'd bet anything that same statistic don't hold true for MEN who game... lol!

Men who game have to make up for lost time that's why women who game end up having double the attention :p

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls MMOG Announcement in May?
45. Re: The Elder Scrolls MMOG Announcement in May? Mar 16, 2012, 16:05 Spektr

They could indeed choose a specific area of Tamriel instead of the whole continent. But they would need an interesting place to drag players and varied enough to make leveling up interesting. Iliac Bay could do it. Snow Temperate and Desert and Daggerfall Online would sound catchy.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls MMOG Announcement in May?
44. Re: The Elder Scrolls MMOG Announcement in May? Mar 16, 2012, 15:55 Spektr

Well if they make a MMO I hope they keep the game mechanics of the series as much as possible. Playing TOR at the moment and I am feeling like I am playing WOW again. The game is lacking a lot of ambition in that regard. Same warrior attacks same rogue techniques same sh"t all over again. I know Conan didn't do as could be expected but at least they were trying to innovate.
Bethesda has been doing this series for some time now and in spite of the fact they are more successful each time, nobody else is doing that kind of game any more. No more Ultima Underworld No more Might and Magic etc. I would see no point in playing Elderscrolls online if they don't keep what made the games successful.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2012, 12:06 Spektr

nin wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 11:50:
Spektr wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 11:41:
Someone single?

Bet he wants to marry the girl with the Alien heels

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2012, 12:05 Spektr

How can sin city be a tv show? You are not meaning Spin city right? :p  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2012, 11:41 Spektr

That barnacle lamp is cool but damn ugly. Who's geeky enough to put that in his dining room :p  

News Comments > New NVIDIA Reference Drivers
5. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Mar 14, 2012, 13:53 Spektr

Jee Somebody is playing the latest PC hot games like Diablo III!  

News Comments > "Spectacular" Crytek Announcement Next Month
18. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 11:03 Spektr

Sorry but I found Crysis 1 fun to play. I liked the mix of stealth and FPS. I keep reading comments about how games are crap on this forum I'd like to see what you guys are playing these days.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 5, 2012, 10:22 Spektr

I am sure they are ok with killing demons with chainsaws :p  

News Comments > id on DOOM 4 Images
91. Re: id on DOOM 4 Images Mar 3, 2012, 19:45 Spektr

Ray Marden wrote on Mar 3, 2012, 00:37:
But, as others have noted, the game failed at reaching greatness for so many reasons other than the graphics. The bugs? The AI? The confined gameplay? The pointless world hubs? The good, but completely underutilized vehicle component? The weak gun play? The terrible story? The weak UI? Broken economy? Boring gameplay?
The game was weak, and graphically, the highs did not surpass the lows.
Thinking Quake is the last id game I really enjoyed playing,
Ray

Ah ok what recent game did you enjoy as having better gunplay?

News Comments > id on DOOM 4 Images
41. Re: id on DOOM 4 Images Mar 2, 2012, 12:32 Spektr

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 2, 2012, 12:12:
I hope the people that defended the screenshots in the previous thread - and even went as far as to say they looked good - are thoroughly embarrassed.

Personally I hope the end of war and poverty but I guess your hopes and ambitions in life are more reasonable. Whether there is point in sharing them on the internet instead of doing something useful is another story. Don't assume your running-nosed point of view interests grown-ups per se.

Anyway I don't know what people are expecting from Doom4. It's just going to be another first person shooter. It's not like we have been flooded with quality shooters lately. If it's got interesting level design and exciting gameplay, ( better than the current COD sheite we are treated with)that will be enough for me. I don't need it to be awesome. Good will do.

This comment was edited on Mar 2, 2012, 12:39.

News Comments > DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied
63. Re: DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied Mar 1, 2012, 09:22 Spektr

Maybe those are screenshots from Half life 3? :p

Seriously, I read at the Rage engine is not competitive. How relevant is that comment? Why would an engine need to be competitive? Most developers make their own engines nowadays. Who licenses their technology nowadays, except epic and to a lesser extent crytech?
Is the skyrim engine even remotely competitive to the first crysis engine?
Personally I am tired of seeing the same engine over and over again. ( yes the Unreal 3 engine ) With its limitations the rage engine was a departure from the conformism that has pervaded in the video game business lately.

This comment was edited on Mar 1, 2012, 09:33.

News Comments > DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied
16. Re: DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied Feb 29, 2012, 01:19 Spektr

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 23:17:
Wrecked cars? Cranes? Large outdoor areas? It doesn't look like it's set on Mars, that's for sure.

Wow.. Well observed my dear Sherlock... it's because, as somebody pointed out, the action is setting place on earth. How do I know that? Well from expecting a new take on DOOM 2 that was taking place on earth. ( I must admit I didn't recognize earth much at the time) Also from projections I made. Would ID make a new game taking place on Mars again? That would start to get a little repetitive for them and they also need a new environment to show off their new tech.

And no it doesn't look like Doom III at all. Like you pointed out so brilliantly, the action is not set on Mars. It's pretty obvious they are using the same engine as Rage. Especially in the library screenshots with the books. Look so similar that one may wonder what innovation this new game brings in terms of graphics. No new game need bring graphic innovation but it's always nice to have something new to "chew on". Especially when we are talking about Id software games! This said it's the first ID game that seems to be taking place on contemporean earth. Rage being their first game set on earth. So from a design point of view it's still a new challenge for their creative teams, used to chew out hard Sci-Fi environments. Kinda strange by the way, DOOM III is taking place in a science fiction environment, and this, supposedly a follow up, is taking place in an environment that really looks like the present day. The possibility that those are screenshots for a Rage expansion is not to be excluded at this point. A hint for that would be the name of the garage "collision" that would refer to the Mad-maxian gameplay of Rage and the collision of the comet. But I doubt it because the technology in Rage looked more advanced and the architecture less realistic.

I must add that in spite of its shortcomings I loved the gameplay in Rage and I am still thinking this was the best fps to come out in a long while. Playing it awoke some old reflexes from the old school days.

This comment was edited on Feb 29, 2012, 01:31.

News Comments > Syndicate Solicits Pirates
47. Re: Syndicate Solicits Pirates Feb 25, 2012, 13:30 Spektr

yes I've heard this game sucks. Nobody's going to pirate it lol  

News Comments > BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC
82. Re: BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC Feb 24, 2012, 22:24 Spektr

I suppose none of these teams are in charge of ironing out the bugs in TOR but a lot of silly bugs I would like squashed before all my characters reach 50 and I stop subscribing.Kinda off topic I know? but then..  

News Comments > First PC Max Payne 3 Screenshots
13. Re: First PC Max Payne 3 Screenshots Feb 24, 2012, 09:55 Spektr

well who cares MP2 sucked anyway. Is Payne supposed to look like Michael Madsen this time around?  

258 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo