Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Colonel Bastard

Real Name Colonel Bastard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Spektr
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 78129615
Description interested in level editing, texture editing modelling and some programming
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 26, 2000, 20:57
Total Comments 247 (Novice)
User ID 5900

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 25, 2012, 12:03 Spektr

Is the red priest a Lannister? He's wearing a lion...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Human Head Off Prey 2?
11. Re: Human Head Off Prey 2? Apr 20, 2012, 01:19 Spektr

NegaDeath wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 00:30:
This is starting to sound like the Duke Nukem mess. Less one decade.

Nah the first Prey sounded like the Duke Nukem forever mess. And Human head was the studio that managed to turn that vaporware into reality. For this they should be given credit. And more than that they really managed to give it a 3drealms feel. Why Bethesda bought the rights to the franchise to make a game that is completely different is beyond my comprehension.

News Comments > Prey 2 Cancellation Rumors
28. Re: Prey 2 Cancellation Rumors Apr 15, 2012, 15:18 Spektr

Well if the game is anywhere as good as it looks to be, they'd better go on with the development and sell it to another publisher with another brandname after removing everything Prey-related. Heck you are supposed to play a bounty hunter in a sci fi environment I would have talks with Lucasart to make it a Star Wars game.  

News Comments > Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned
82. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 14:24 Spektr

I think the time and money invested on mmo also contributes to players not turning to other games. I never finished Oblivion because Wow came out at this time and took all my spare time. I always joke about how my bro keeps buying pc magazines while he's only been playing WOW for the last past five years.
I am currently playing SWTOR and indeed not planning to spend five years on it. Not that the game is bad but I dont see that much incentive to keep paying for a subscription when I have all major classes at level fifty.
At the same time I doubt I will appreciate spending five years doing the same levels and battlefields over again.
Not to mention playing the same game over again, the gameplay being too close to World of Warcraft. WOW was a pleasure to play because it was the first game to make the experience so enjoyable because it had polish previous games lacked and better involvement in quest and stories. SWTOR takes it to the next level with great success but when the story is over it is over. and when the novelty wears off it's repeat repeat. I want a mmo that plays differently. SWTOR doesn't bring enough novelty to the table to make me say "Wow" like Wow did. I would spend months in a world like Tamriel but more of the same mmo clichés just won't do. Cashing up on WoW's successful might just prove shortsighted. Heck they might even revive SW Galaxy when they realize it was more success than SWTOR

This comment was edited on Apr 10, 2012, 14:32.

News Comments > Epic Making PC Exclusive Game
76. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 9, 2012, 09:18 Spektr

I am wondering what the stats are today. There are as many Pirated console games around as pirated pc. if the console market is still deemed more profitable it just means they sell more copies of console games. Could be because of piracy but it could be people are buying less pc games. Maybe because people who like the way pc games are made are no longer the majority. A paradox since the Xbox is more or less on a pc architecture ( correct me if I am wrong ) and that a lot of PC franchises have immigrated to the console market. ( elder scrolls, Max Payne, Id software games, the Sims.. ) Only STRs and to some extent MMORPGs do not fare that well on consoles and as such Blizzard, arguably the most successful pc game developer, hasn't conquered this market yet. ( Might change with Diablo 3...)  

News Comments > John Romero's Shooter Plans
23. Re: John Romero's Shooter Plans Apr 6, 2012, 05:01 Spektr

D_K_night wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 02:21:
Wraith wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 02:18:
All you are is a man-child who thinks his own personal vision of what's "cool" is somehow going to be shared by others.

In that regard you remind me of him

So much lyricism for a guy who just happened to release an overhyped game 12 years ago. Would be a sound idea to find a new obsession

News Comments > EA Loses Consumerist Poll
52. Re: EA Loses Consumerist Poll Apr 5, 2012, 08:53 Spektr

At the same time the guy has a point. Regardless of how many reasons to grieve the company gives us, they are little players compared to what takes place in the armament and tobacco industries. Not to mention banks. Not to mention that their actions impact a lot more people that a video game company.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Dropping MMO; THQ Cuts
33. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Dropping MMO; THQ Cuts Mar 30, 2012, 10:46 Spektr

Good decision. Lots more developers should refrain from doing MMO where all they have is a good single player experience with a few multiplayer areas here and there. Yeah I am thinking of a certain recent galactic MMO.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: Cousins predicts Mar 29, 2012, 08:13 Spektr

hehe right on.
It seems this super analyst overlooked the fact that only Bethesda makes games like the elder scrolls.

News Comments > SOE Live Announced
9. Re: SOE Live Announced Mar 26, 2012, 21:10 Spektr

Zarkonis wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 16:25:
Wonder how many pissed-off SWG players are gonna show up, just to tell Smedley what a jackass he is.

haha I was thinking of something along those lines but involving gratuitous violence, a plastic lighsaber and the place where no light ever shines.

News Comments > Crowdsourced Hardcore Tactical Shooter Becomes TAKEDOWN
3. Re: Crowdsourced Hardcore Tactical Shooter Becomes TAKEDOWN Mar 26, 2012, 21:04 Spektr

For sure a horrific placeholder name of a project but Takedown strikes me as terribly plain. Kinda sound like the name of a cheap budget shooter one won't give a second look at.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 22, 2012, 09:26 Spektr

Jee we have yet to get a game that uses realistic hair like that. They don't even pull it for realistic grass. Actually I would be quite content with realistic cloth and capes that don't intersect with geometry :p
Of course we have been stuck with the same technology ever since the devs decided it wasn't worth the money to make a game that doesn't run on consoles. Every time I see a manufacturer promoting its newest graphic card I want to tell him/ her "Great job but since games are not making use of your technology and probably never will, that's a cause lost on me." Oh back in the days when every year developers and manufacturers brought exciting new features. Half of which would actually make it into games. Oh your GPUs would really turn heads back then. And we would feel so compelled to change our hardware every year. I guess I have to wait for new consoles to come out... Saving money until then!

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 2012, 09:36.

News Comments > Skyrim Patched
15. Re: Skyrim Patched Mar 21, 2012, 02:20 Spektr

Please add polearm crossbows and prostitutes. And the game will be perfect.  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: Women Who Game Have More Sex, Study Finds Mar 17, 2012, 13:59 Spektr

MuzixMon wrote on Mar 17, 2012, 12:20:
I'd bet anything that same statistic don't hold true for MEN who game... lol!

Men who game have to make up for lost time that's why women who game end up having double the attention :p

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls MMOG Announcement in May?
45. Re: The Elder Scrolls MMOG Announcement in May? Mar 16, 2012, 16:05 Spektr

They could indeed choose a specific area of Tamriel instead of the whole continent. But they would need an interesting place to drag players and varied enough to make leveling up interesting. Iliac Bay could do it. Snow Temperate and Desert and Daggerfall Online would sound catchy.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls MMOG Announcement in May?
44. Re: The Elder Scrolls MMOG Announcement in May? Mar 16, 2012, 15:55 Spektr

Well if they make a MMO I hope they keep the game mechanics of the series as much as possible. Playing TOR at the moment and I am feeling like I am playing WOW again. The game is lacking a lot of ambition in that regard. Same warrior attacks same rogue techniques same sh"t all over again. I know Conan didn't do as could be expected but at least they were trying to innovate.
Bethesda has been doing this series for some time now and in spite of the fact they are more successful each time, nobody else is doing that kind of game any more. No more Ultima Underworld No more Might and Magic etc. I would see no point in playing Elderscrolls online if they don't keep what made the games successful.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2012, 12:06 Spektr

nin wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 11:50:
Spektr wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 11:41:
Someone single?

Bet he wants to marry the girl with the Alien heels

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2012, 12:05 Spektr

How can sin city be a tv show? You are not meaning Spin city right? :p  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2012, 11:41 Spektr

That barnacle lamp is cool but damn ugly. Who's geeky enough to put that in his dining room :p  

News Comments > New NVIDIA Reference Drivers
5. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Mar 14, 2012, 13:53 Spektr

Jee Somebody is playing the latest PC hot games like Diablo III!  

247 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo