Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Colonel Bastard

Real Name Colonel Bastard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Spektr
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 78129615
Description interested in level editing, texture editing modelling and some programming
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 26, 2000, 20:57
Total Comments 260 (Amateur)
User ID 5900

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > BIS Arrests Follow-up
14. Re: BIS Arrests Follow-up Sep 12, 2012, 17:55 Spektr

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 16:52:
Greece is not a democracy, it is a meritocracy (Where the merit is being "physically related" to a politician)
Well that's called an oligarchy dude :p

Well it's not Egypt. Both Greece and the Czech Republic are part of the European community. It should settle itself because Greece can't afford bad press with Europe. Plus the accusation that another European country is spying on them is ridiculous. At least they are lucky they're not in a Turkish prison :p

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BIS Arrests Follow-up
5. Re: BIS Arrests Follow-up Sep 12, 2012, 14:24 Spektr

It is little known but Greece is one of the most militarized country in Europe. Should really have invested all that money in the economy...  

News Comments > Obsidian Entertainment Tease
17. Re: Obsidian Entertainment Tease Sep 11, 2012, 03:41 Spektr

A teaser with an ouroboros.. wow I am so overwhelmed by so much imagination!!!!!  

News Comments > On Darksiders II Sales
7. Re: On Darksiders II Sales Sep 8, 2012, 17:28 Spektr

True.. they are all polished and stuff.. good looking and pampered like a student on a prom night but they lack the cool factor.  

News Comments > Call of Juarez: The Gunslinger Announced
4. Re: Call of Juarez: The Gunslinger Announced Sep 6, 2012, 10:51 Spektr

Yeah Call of Juarez been sucking all along. If only for the crappy duel mode. But it isn't just that.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Sims 3 Supernatural
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Sims 3 Supernatural Sep 4, 2012, 12:51 Spektr

Kinda think it sounds like Sims 3 Trueblood  

News Comments > Playable Female Characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines
1. Re: Playable Female Characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines Sep 3, 2012, 13:34 Spektr

I don't think any other license has put forward main female characters like the Aliens license has. Providing a playable female character goes beyond pleasing female players with this license.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
8. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 1, 2012, 10:49 Spektr

to be honest I'd rather have a device that opens on a double screen like a big nintendo DS. Taking such a device to the beach would require a solid surface to rest the device on. One screen for commands ( the one for ebooks ) and one for display. A folding design that allows to make it stand upright.  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Aug 30, 2012, 05:31 Spektr

Full of spoilers and not even funny.  

News Comments > Star Wars: First Assault TMed
5. Re: Star Wars: First Assault TMed Aug 29, 2012, 13:15 Spektr

I really hope this is not yet another stupid WoW clone. (Small chance hopefully)  

News Comments > Dark Shadows - Army of Evil Announced
12. Re: Dark Shadows - Army of Evil Announced Aug 28, 2012, 18:14 Spektr

Is it all translated from russian using google translate? :p  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 27, 2012, 05:04 Spektr

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 26, 2012, 15:56:
They Know Where You Live. Thanks Ant.

hahah People want to complain about privacy, yet they bookface and twitter every single move they make. Morons.

The biggest problem remains the morons who bookface and tweet your single move you make.

4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 27, 2012, 05:02 Spektr

Of course it's a fraud! Everybody knows Lance Armstrong is doped!!!  

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
149. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 26, 2012, 15:50 Spektr

If those numbers are true and they are considering free to play. they should consider bringing prices down 50% first. Video games are overpriced and have been overpriced.  

1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 26, 2012, 15:26 Spektr

My my...  

News Comments > Rebellion Sues Stardock and Ironclad Over Rebellion
48. Re: Rebellion Sues Stardock and Ironclad Over Rebellion Aug 17, 2012, 11:49 Spektr

Is there an antecedent of a company managing to own the rights to a common noun that belongs in a dictionnary? Maybe linguistics should start suing that kind of company to set a jurisprudence. Common sense would have it that a company with name x should be able to sue other company named x if they are indeed competiting in the same kind of field over unfair use of name that could lead to confusion. Can we imagine 3d realms suing a game company for a forgotten realms game or Lord of the realms? Nvidia suing Id for the use of the word rage being the makers of the rage3d video card? ( I am giving away my age here )
I hope the court fine them for wasting the court's precious time that could be used for more important cases.

News Comments > Rebellion Sues Stardock and Ironclad Over Rebellion
46. Re: Rebellion Sues Stardock and Ironclad Over Rebellion Aug 17, 2012, 11:38 Spektr

They would only deserve one thing. to be sued by George Lucas. I mean those guys are asking for it. Thing is Lucasarts hasn't been playing that nasty game and that's to be praised for. They should be busy making good games rather because I dont see a studio being viable with such crap as games like Rogue Warrior. that game only deserved one kind of payment, The content of my bladder.  

News Comments > Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles
34. Re: Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles Aug 8, 2012, 15:36 Spektr

Yup. Valve wants you to have one single hard disk with one directory. I am now checking if games force Steam down my throat before I buy them. If they do. I don't. When Valve modernize Steam's download settings then we will talk.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PPC Skyrim Dawnguard
22. Re: Ships Ahoy - PPC Skyrim Dawnguard Aug 3, 2012, 08:37 Spektr

Well if you compare it to a horse armor type DLC it's a good deal  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - "Windows 8 is a Catastrophe" - Gabe Newell
111. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 26, 2012, 03:58 Spektr

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 18:30:
Eh, all I know is that MS seems locked in to the 1 bad OS release followed by 1 good OS release cycle.

By that logic:

98 - Good
ME - OH God, is there a word that describes how bad that was?
XP - Good
Vista - WTF? NO!
7 - Good
8- Going to be bad? Most freakin' likely.

(No, I'm not counting the Enterprise centered NT OSs before they merged with consumer level.)

I agree. I completely ignored Vista and jumped on the win7 wagon a bit late but I didn't regret it. The games run faster and smoother.
I even use xp mode to use my old scanner and my own games.

I am prepared to ignore windows 8 wholeheartedly. Vista had directx 10 and 11 to push people to upgrade. Will they be using the same trick again to promote Win8? Maybe in conjunction to the next XBOX to push developers to release games on the two platforms rapidly. That's a strategy that could backfire.

However, as Steam is concerned, I will choose whatever download app that allows me to choose in which directory and in which drive I can download my games over Steam. That improvement should be a priority for them.
I don't wish their demise but I wish developers wouldn't force Steam down my throat. What would happen if steam was killed by competition. The two latest games I bought required steam to install. If Steam discontinued their service, developers would be forced to patch their games or fear everyone including the legit users start cracking them.

260 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo