Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Colonel Bastard

Real Name Colonel Bastard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Spektr
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 78129615
Description interested in level editing, texture editing modelling and some programming
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 26, 2000, 20:57
Total Comments 309 (Amateur)
User ID 5900

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Feb 6, 2016, 06:48 Spektr

How cruel.. didn't Blue know he was dead already?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 3, 2016, 12:47 Spektr

Genesis heh.. I wonder what they will do to prevent the players from feeling like they have played this game ten times already.  

News Comments > PC Killer Instinct a Windows 10 Exclusive
13. Re: PC Killer Instinct a Windows 10 Exclusive Jan 3, 2016, 18:33 Spektr

Must be hard to convince a developer to shoot themselves in the knee by working on releasing a game that they will have to restrict to only one Windows OS while they could make it available to all. Fortunately they have Microsoft Studios to pull this kind of stupid stunt. Now if only Microsoft Studio could come up with a game people give a shit about that would be a change. Even an average freemium game can manage to get more attention than what they produce.
And when I call it a stupid stunt, that's basically saying to people to try their new OS while at the same time announcing to the people who bought their previous software, basically their own customers, that they can $@# their d@*s. I mean it's not like a new console where there is new hardware to take into account. Limiting game compability to their latest software is a major finger pointed at their customer base who's been buying Windows OS all their life.
With a marketing strategy like that, how can they expect anything but an invitation to go shove their product deep where it hurts.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2016, 19:15 Spektr

Star wars episode 9 will air on tv before book six is finished.  

News Comments > Batman: A Telltale Games Series Announced
7. Re: Batman: A Telltale Games Series Announced Dec 4, 2015, 12:13 Spektr

I can't believe they are actually making an "interactive [...] game series" :p how amazing!!  

News Comments > Afro Samurai 2 Refunds; Additional Volumes Cancelled
9. Re: Afro Samurai 2 Refunds; Additional Volumes Cancelled Nov 21, 2015, 10:48 Spektr

Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 11:27:
So what are they refunding? The purchase price of people who bought it? Or the preorders for the additional volumes?

Preordering is a bad practise.

News Comments > Obsidian Game Announcement Coming
21. Re: Obsidian Game Announcement Coming Nov 16, 2015, 11:46 Spektr

I have started F4 and so far.. it's felt a bit like an id software game to be honest.. Sometimes advancing through the ruins it felt a bit like being in Rage lol. Don't get me wrong it makes some of the indoor levels more interesting than what Bethesda had created in the past.
But what I want is getting carried by all those stories from the post apocalyptic world. It's getting interesting with those stories related to the institute. The whole base building and management thing hasn't proved very exciting so far.
Kinda miss the Sunset Salsaparilla so far..

News Comments > Fallout 4 Popular
20. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 11, 2015, 05:03 Spektr

jacobvandy wrote on What difference does it make to be rid of the extraneous 1-100 values, when all that mattered before was the 4-5 breakpoints we're left with now anyway? [/quote:

I totally agree... Fallout 3 lockpicking allowed you to open a harder lock at a certain breakpoint, Until you reached that point all the extra skill point spent into it were useless. that would allow for investing in several skills at once. I don't know about weapon skills though, did they have breakpoints or bonuses per extra skill level?

My only pet peeves is that it reduces freedom a bit ( "Build the player that you want!" says the ad) In the previous games you could develop the skills without getting the perks linked to them. The positive point is that sometimes the skills and the points would sometimes collide, like for instance a stealth bonus that would make raising the stealth skill useless so it should be more streamlined now, more coherent.

Think about Skyrim.. that's the worse case, you could develop your skill in picking locks but unless you would get the perks your new skill levels wouldn't allow you to pick harder locks.

With this system I know you get a perk point every level, I just hope they are more generous this time around.
Another advantage of this system, a perk like haggling doesn't take as much point as a skill more vital to your survival like weapon skills

News Comments > Quake Live No Longer Free-to-Play
23. Re: Quake Live No Longer Free-to-Play Oct 29, 2015, 09:18 Spektr

It should be free for those who own quake 3 arena!  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Ready to Roll
15. Re: Fallout 4 Ready to Roll Oct 23, 2015, 21:10 Spektr

Carlberg is a bit too mundane for a post-apocalyptic setting.. I would love to drink a real life nuka-cola.. without the radiations of course.  

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Rebel Galaxy
4. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Rebel Galaxy Oct 21, 2015, 07:57 Spektr

it seems Disney is less protective with its franchises than Lucas used to be. Hard to believe a sci-fi video game with Rebel or Empire in its name not being sued!  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Oct 18, 2015, 12:22 Spektr

Big brother is driving you.  

News Comments > Battleborn Big Numbers
4. Re: Battleborn Big Numbers Oct 3, 2015, 12:07 Spektr

It reminds me of the number of different guns they had avertised for Borderlands.
Was annoying for people like me who's bad at making choices choosing which gun to ditch or to sell.
Enjoyed it though...
Not like Borderlands 2. Been trying this game lately and it's a bit disappointing. I kinda feel like I am getting killed all the time even when I am engaging only two bad guys. Kinda feel like having to reload every two seconds and getting out of ammo every two minutes. Not fun!

News Comments > Microsoft Acquires Havoc
13. Re: Microsoft Acquires Havoc Oct 3, 2015, 04:37 Spektr

Would be a great idea.. can't wait to have all of them implement physX :p  

News Comments > Quote of the Day
14. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 29, 2015, 11:29 Spektr

The fact that most PC users never got to try it explains why people are so much over it. And that it should be so bad why it never made it to PC.  

News Comments > First Wonder Trailer
13. Re: First Wonder Trailer Sep 12, 2015, 11:23 Spektr

And I thought evolved was the spiritual successor to Giants :p  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2015, 12:11 Spektr

nin wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 09:57:
InBlack wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 09:56:
Jennifer Lawrence is 22?? What? (checks Wikipedia, she is 25)

Why would she give her wrong age in an interview?...wtf??

Welcome to Hollywood. I suspect it's something that happens a lot, as many female actresses have complained about being told they're "too old" for a given role.

I think a lot of women lie about their age in general, they just don't have an opportunity to do it in an interview. That or the interview is three years old :p.

News Comments > Shovel Night Free Update Next Week
3. Re: Shovel Night Free Update Next Week Sep 10, 2015, 12:06 Spektr

Shovel nights. The addon that adds nighttime activities to the game!  

News Comments > The Witcher III Cost $81M
20. Re: The Witcher III Cost $81M Sep 10, 2015, 05:51 Spektr

Witcher 2 is still on for sale on steam. Very cheap but anyhow it probably produced revenue for the last few years. Might even produce additional revenue if newcomers who have finished Witcher 3 are curious about Witcher 2.  

News Comments > DOOM SnapMap Trailer
11. Re: DOOM SnapMap Trailer Sep 5, 2015, 08:26 Spektr

I suppose SnapMap uses models rather than brushes. Will be really easy to add new content.  

309 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo