Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Colonel Bastard

Real Name Colonel Bastard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Spektr
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 78129615
Description interested in level editing, texture editing modelling and some programming
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 26, 2000, 20:57
Total Comments 274 (Amateur)
User ID 5900

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint
7. Re: Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint May 11, 2015, 09:44 Spektr

DukeFNukem wrote on May 11, 2015, 09:30:
The days of $50.00 games have been over for me a few years now. Not sure what people pay that much money for games these days considering how cheap they will eventually become.

But I guess my point is that, a sale is a sale, even at a discount and shouldn't be frowned upon. It means that the person who bought it didn't have to have it on day 1 or didn't have to have it at all for that matter. Sales and discounts also eliminate lots of piracy. Because "some" triple AAA titles eventually reach reasonable prices there is no real justification for piracy anymore.

I wonder if by disappointing sales they mean each developer had to settle for a ferrari over a lamborghini for their new toy of the year?

I couldn't agree more with your point. The best solution against Piracy indeed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dead Island 2 Delayed
2. Re: Dead Island 2 Delayed Apr 30, 2015, 18:51 Spektr

Hehe got the feeling their fans are not disappointed by this news, they are too busy playing Dying light :p  

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Apr 1, 2015, 15:37 Spektr

Guess you didn't read it as it belongs in the April fools jokes  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 31, 2015, 21:26 Spektr

Elon Musk.. Wasn't a villain in a Deus Ex game named like that?  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
6. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 30, 2015, 06:27 Spektr

Yah loved that game when I was a kid.. No idea what it's doing in console section though.. Since when is C64 considered a console??  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 15, 2015, 20:57 Spektr

Hehe they have three spots in the top list. See that's what happen when you fight piracy with good customer service  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 2, 2015, 18:10 Spektr

They can put all the audio on dvd without requiring you to install it on your hard drive... I haven't bought a dvd for ages but hey 50gb... that's a monstrous download. Well I for sure hope they won't have us download all localized versions.  

News Comments > Dying Light Mods Blocked
11. Re: Dying Light Mods Blocked Feb 2, 2015, 11:21 Spektr

Jee I wish there was a mod to remove the blurriness when moving cam around. it hurts my vision/ ( My real world eyes )  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 28, 2015, 11:37 Spektr

Why I knew it had not already happened: Because flash constantly messes up in Firefox and trying to go fullscreen on my comp constantly end up with Flash crashing.

Only one word for this news: Hallelujah!

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Warhammer Quest
13. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Warhammer Quest Jan 9, 2015, 18:19 Spektr

I wonder what's up with those pay games that include microtransactions.
I hope people stay away from those games so that developers give that up. I don't want to pay for games twice.

News Comments > Big Bad Wolf Boasts RPG Vets
5. Re: Big Bad Wolf Boasts RPG Vets Jan 6, 2015, 08:43 Spektr

I didn't know french developers had worked on World of Warcraft...
I don't recall seeing any talent called "Surrendering" :p

News Comments > Brian Reynolds' Alpha Centauri Shooter/RPG Dreams
14. Re: Brian Reynolds' Alpha Centauri Shooter/RPG Dreams Jan 6, 2015, 08:39 Spektr

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 23:28:
Yeah, if we were to get a new System Shock, I'd rather it look better than a dated mobile game.

Dated mobile games is a concept relatively new to me. Whereas interesting mobile games is one I am still looking forward to seeing.

News Comments > Far Cry Poll
29. Re: Far Cry Poll Jan 5, 2015, 16:51 Spektr

The tech demo was to introduce an upcoming game called X-isle that ended up being Far Cry.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/dinoisle.html

News Comments > Far Cry Poll
28. Re: Far Cry Poll Jan 5, 2015, 16:49 Spektr

Back in the days, the first Far Cry by Crytek emerged from a tech demo they did for Nvidia and it had dinosaurs in them. Dinosaurs with shiny reflective skin too... Not very original but back to its root I would say. This said FC with dinosaurs or FC with cowboys.. I feel there hasn't been a decent FPS in those genres yet so I think those are good ideas to explore.. And sorry but I feel it's not as retarded as the 100 zombie games we'll see this year, or whatever game will have nazis. Nazi zombies are ok though :p  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 7, 2014, 15:35 Spektr

I wonder if Far Cry 4 would sell more copies if it ran on dual core CPUs like FC3 did. I mean.. I don't mind new games pushing the hardware but it's not like there is a big difference between the two games to justify it.  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Dec 3, 2014, 04:15 Spektr

What's this all about with the Suicide Squad? They're already in the Arrow series. I don't see how they are going to use Harley Quinn and Deadshot as villains if they put them in that movie. Is Hardy going to reprise the part of Bane or another character? Chris Evan syndrome...  

News Comments > On Assassin's Creed Unity Microtransactions
14. Re: On Assassin's Creed Unity Microtransactions Nov 22, 2014, 04:46 Spektr

That's what can one expect from a game about the French revolution made by a french noble :p  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective
46. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 19, 2014, 09:10 Spektr

I was trying to take KillCrit seriously then I read his post about Ubi Soft's communist action.. Thank you for this moment Sir I hadn't ROFLed for over a decade. Beware of the communist multinationales!  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective
45. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 19, 2014, 09:02 Spektr

To be honest banning a company to make a political point can be respected. But once you've started doing that you might as well ban all the big companies and only buy indie games...

I don't know how you guys feel about FPS but FPS ( Doom and Quake in the days ) are what drew me into buying my firstPC .. and to Bluesnews too. Now I am looking at the market today.. They are a lot of first person games coming out. A few are very innovative.. the rpgs are not getting that innovative but there are so few of them. But when it comes to FPS.. I feel like the market is drowned in Call of Duty crap.I actually enjoyed Farcry2 and loved Farcry3 and it's the kind of game I would sometimes turn on to play an old save randomly. Ubi Soft may be an evil corporation but they
are not many I can turn to to get a good quality FPS nowadays. And don't tell me I am biased I'm always trying the call of duty games for a while but I usually end up having something better to spend my time on at some point early in the game.
Seriously if I had to boycott them I would be a sad panda.
TBH if I had to boycott every company that is uncool I don't know where I would get my hard disks processors and graphic cards.. I am pretty sure that if I saw in what they conditions they are made I wouldn't like what I see either. the Ubi Soft guys would pass for a bunch of hippies.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. Re: Sunday Mobilization Sep 22, 2014, 10:59 Spektr

That's too easy. I mean those guys were already fooled to buy an iphone in the first place...  

274 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo