Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Colonel Bastard

Real Name Colonel Bastard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Spektr
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 78129615
Description interested in level editing, texture editing modelling and some programming
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 26, 2000, 20:57
Total Comments 255 (Amateur)
User ID 5900

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. Re: Sunday Mobilization Sep 22, 2014, 10:59 Spektr

That's too easy. I mean those guys were already fooled to buy an iphone in the first place...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Meridian: New World This Month
2. Re: Meridian: New World This Month Sep 10, 2014, 06:42 Spektr

Thought the same. As silly as someone calling his game Asheron: a new beginning..  

News Comments > Arkham Knight 2 in June
10. Re: Arkham Knight 2 in June Sep 9, 2014, 05:56 Spektr

Nah it wouldn't be Arkham Knight 2 it would be Arkham something else :p

News Comments > Sunday Previews
2. Re: Sunday Previews Sep 1, 2014, 11:17 Spektr

Didn't play it but from the video it looks like it was designed by a colorblind artist.  

News Comments > New Quake Live Ruleset Courts New Players
30. Re: New Quake Live Ruleset Courts New Players Aug 28, 2014, 17:12 Spektr

Boooooooo! Is ID software behind this? Doesn't bode well for Doom4...
Didn't know having different ammo boxes was hardcore... but it's definitely a plus in term of accessibility... replace the gibs with flowers and make it a 4+ shooter :p

News Comments > John Carmack's Son's Game
21. Re: John Carmack's Son's Game Aug 19, 2014, 19:23 Spektr

Wondering if Doom marine inspired the idea of the face changing to reflect the damage it's taking :p  

News Comments > Crytek to Repair Reputation with "Really High Quality Games"
4. Re: Crytek to Repair Reputation with Aug 19, 2014, 09:32 Spektr

yeah the first Crysis was good. I loved it. Imagined my disappointment when I played the second. Actually never played the third. It would help their finances if they didn't turn people away from their games. Sleeping with the console crowd is definitely not the universal solution to low sales.  

News Comments > John Carmack's Son's Game
18. Re: John Carmack's Son's Game Aug 19, 2014, 08:42 Spektr

Is there another scoop? Carmack's mom plays video games too? Or is it his wife's mom?  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jul 20, 2014, 13:59 Spektr

Does it? I wouldn't trade a copy of Rage for a copy of crysis2 plus a copy of crysis3  

News Comments > Independent Interviews
2. Re: Independent Interviews Jul 4, 2014, 16:13 Spektr

Who are you calling the father of survival horror? it should be Raynal the guy who did alone in the dark...  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
5. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 15, 2014, 17:18 Spektr

Yeah that title surprised me too. Well the "cheaper" part at least. I was kinda assuming that it was a given that the next generation would be faster...  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 26, 2014, 21:24 Spektr

Never thought John Carmack would end up working for facebook :/  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Rumor Extravaganza
20. Re: Far Cry 4 Rumor Extravaganza Mar 22, 2014, 11:06 Spektr

yeah doesnt have to neceessarily take place in tibet. There is Nepal and India there too. could be in a fictional place that mixes several aspects of those. Like FC3 mixed the philippines cambodia thailand and indonesia.. I don't see it happening in China either. FC games take mostly place in lawless places. The elephant hints more at an indian setting. I was kinda actually expecting them to make a game in afghanistan to be honest.

As for the setting I love tropical islands as much as anyone else but they were about the first to make a game taking place in Africa ( I can only remember congobongo pitfall and tarzan the videogame in this setting ) and once again the first to make a game in a setting hardly ever touched in video games.

News Comments > DirectX 12 Announced
30. Re: DirectX 12 Announced Mar 21, 2014, 10:42 Spektr

There is something inaccurate in their announcement. They included phones and tablets in the Microsoft devices I care about.  

News Comments > Saga Heroes Kickstarter
3. Re: Saga Heroes Kickstarter Feb 27, 2014, 14:20 Spektr

I guess that title got "sue me" stamped all over it. This said they could very well earn money suing King back if the game it's based on is older than Candy crush saga.  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Feb 21, 2014, 07:33 Spektr

What happens when small teams start to make shooters that can pull audiences away from Titanfall? Football games that are more fun than Madden?]

Let me guess... they'll get bought off by big studios?

News Comments > Remember Me Developer Bankrupt
20. Re: Remember Me Developer Bankrupt Feb 1, 2014, 06:43 Spektr

Seriously? I didnt even know that the game was out already...
and no I havent exactly been living in a cave for the past few months.
Maybe they should have invested more into promoting their product. I had heard about it and see some gameplay footage. But it's not like it had the amount of promo games usually get. Either they didnt do enough or I just didnt care enough. Either way it's indeed no surprise that the game failed.
And I wont get started on how people used to get demo 'cds' of video games a long time ago in another galaxy and now the "method" to try a game before buying is like.. hmm not designed for promotion..

News Comments > SOE Closing Four MMOGs
23. Re: SOE Closing Four MMOGs Jan 25, 2014, 12:26 Spektr

I didnt realize these games were still around and surprised they managed to keep them online with their outdated subscription systems.
I am even more surprised that they didnt make the jump to freetoplay to save all those games. I am hoping they have better plans for what is coming. Also surprised they start making mmo games that run on playstation...

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Voice Cast
28. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Voice Cast Jan 24, 2014, 08:02 Spektr

I think I did recognise cleese's voice in the beta. What is it with Adele? do you want to inspect her wares? :p  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jan 18, 2014, 13:50 Spektr

This MS-DOS emulator is cool but anyone has a clue how to make the sound work on the browser?  

255 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo