Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for House

Real Name House   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 21, 2000, 19:26
Total Comments 82 (Suspect)
User ID 5804

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Stubbs the Zombie Postmortem
4. Re: No subject Jan 23, 2008, 00:37 House

It got old really fast.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Unofficial Patch
3. Re: You know... Jan 10, 2008, 16:54 House

I agree, you know a game is good when it's fun despite all of the bugs and performance issues this one shipped with.

News Comments > The Witcher Patch
10. Re: More clarification on load times.... Dec 20, 2007, 16:06 House

Load times are for me probably a half or third what they were before. Save times are a couple of seconds at the most.

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: No subject Nov 12, 2007, 00:35 House

You guys should have watched Abominable instead. It's "better" than Sasquatch, or something like that.

News Comments > FreeStyle Street Basketball Freed
2. Re: No subject Oct 25, 2007, 01:04 House

This game is rinky-dink but I did play it up to level 15, the previous free-play limit. I might actually reinstall it now that you can go up higher. It's not that great, and under no possible definition is it an "MMO", but it's sometimes fun for a quick session.

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 01:04.

News Comments > Work at BioWare
4. Re: NWN module Aug 14, 2007, 13:50 House

The world designer job is an entry-level position, with industry experience not even preferred. This means salary will be abysmal, and the hours will be hellish, which is probably fine with whoever lands the job as he will simply be delighted to be quitting his shit job and moving to Austin to make games for a living.

Nobody with "experience in this industry", unless you count testers, will be applying for the job.

News Comments > WoW Extended Maintenance
3. Re: Of Course! Aug 12, 2007, 17:14 House

You could just create a character on one of the many unaffected servers.

News Comments > Chessmaster: Grandmaster Edition Announced
2. Do people still buy these? Aug 10, 2007, 16:32 House

I couldn't beat Chessmaster 2000 back in the 80's, and it's not as though additional chess rules can be implemented, or as though graphics make a difference.

News Comments > Into the Black
23. Re: Bottled water Aug 2, 2007, 05:17 House

The other day I brought a couple of bottles of water (Arrowhead spring water) with me on a trip to a museum, but as it was a hot day I drank it all up halfway through the trip. I didn't want to buy the gift shop's absurdly overpriced water, so I figured I'd just fill my bottles up at the drinking fountain. Unfortunately it was one of those fountains where the water barely trickles out, so I headed into the bathroom and filled the bottles at the sink. Luckily I was outside when I went to take a sip, as I was literally forced to spit it out on the sidewalk, it was so foul.

That's why I drink bottled water. At home, I don't mind the tap water as long as it's filtered. But there's no telling what the water will be like wherever I'm at when I'm out. Occasionally it's good but usually it's pretty bad. I could care less how "pure" and "healthy" the tap water is, if it tastes terrible.

I honestly think that most people who ridicule bottled water are not water drinkers. Or else their taste buds are shot.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Too sexy for my bus Jul 16, 2007, 21:38 House

How can this article not include a photo?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Ship Simulator 2008
11. Throw it back Jul 13, 2007, 16:42 House

I tried out the 2006 demo. I guess it's just not my thing, because there was nothing to do. Usually I don't enjoy simulations because they are too complex, with too many commands, but in this game there are only two or three things you do to operate the boat, and absolutely no challenge.

With nothing to do I resorted to making tight, fast turns, in hopes that some of my passengers would fall overboard. Hopefully that's something they've implemented in this newer version.

News Comments > Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising Testing
2. Re: No subject May 31, 2007, 20:02 House

Makes sense when you consider that most games come out in the autumn.

News Comments > Space Empires V Patch
1. No subject Oct 17, 2006, 22:13 House

Man, for a second I read that as Space Vampires, which would've been so cool...

News Comments > Black Buccaneer Delay
2. Re: let the Crunch Time ritual begin Sep 6, 2006, 18:32 House

This game has been in stores for weeks, at least in the U.S. Though I usually like pirate games, and the graphics in this one were decent, the controls and level design really brought it down.

News Comments > Vampire Patch
5. Re: No subject Aug 23, 2006, 01:59 House

Meh, how many buge where in the initial version of this game?

Several hundred, probably, no exaggeration, with some quite serious. Troika had great designers, good artists, and some of the shittiest programmers in the industry.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Total Overdose
12. Re: ícaramba! Sep 29, 2005, 18:11 House

The demo was actually kind of fun, though the main character's one-liners were beyond terrible (Something like "Hey, man, where did you get your clothes? Khakis 'R' Us?" kept playing after I killed enemies). Also, they could have made up a better title that fit the game's theme. Still, having never heard of the game beforehand I thought the demo was pretty good. Better than Serious Sam 2's demo, though that's not saying much.

News Comments > Starship Troopers Demo
27. Re: No subject Sep 1, 2005, 17:07 House

That sucked in almost all regards: bland, non-interactive environment; feathery weapons; awful AI pathfinding; repetitive enemies; barely-there sound. Plus it crashed for me during the big, (presumably) final battle. All it has going for it is that it pushes a lot of bugs onto the screen at once.

News Comments > Future GTA Plans
14. Re: No subject Jan 8, 2004, 17:54 House

i just hope they dont lose their edge because of those retarded haitian fuckwads

yeh thats right, im not racist but I think freedom of speech should be protected - especially when its in context

You should be blaming Take Two, not the Haitian group. Activision never made id retroactively censor Doom/Quake, despite them receiving a ton of negative press and threats of lawsuits following Columbine. Postal never changed, Soldier of Fortune never changed, etc.

There wasn't any governmental infringement of speech. There was the threat of a lawsuit, which means nothing. Take Two caved instead of standing up for their developer.

News Comments > Half-Life Riot In Progress
10. Re: Jesus... Dec 21, 2003, 05:26 House

This is why I still read Blue's: the occasional link or news item that I can't get just by looking at the daily "headlines" on GameSpot, IGN, etc., which are really just a compilation of all the press releases that were sent out that day by the big publishers.

I haven't played this mod, so you may be correct that it's not the greatest, but isn't it good that there is still left some remnant of a fan-based community, and sites like this one that are willing to report on it? With Microsoft doing everything in its power to kill the PC as a gaming platform, and most large publishers avoiding PC titles that aren't cross-platform, it's good to know that there are still fans and small developers who are willing to create original content for PC games.

News Comments > Black Isle Lives?
17. Re: PR Speak Dec 19, 2003, 13:32 House

What Mad Max said is the way I read the "investor relations department" double-speak.

Black Isle Studios may not have any employees and it will be awfully difficult for Fallout 3 development to continue with zero staff, but Interplay retains the rights to both brandnames. Investors have nothing to fear!

82 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo