Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for House

Real Name House   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 21, 2000, 19:26
Total Comments 82 (Suspect)
User ID 5804

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 2, 2011, 04:30 House

I don't know yet what to make of Catherine. Could be something I love, could be something I put down after 30 minutes.

I'll probably just play it safe and rent.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Brink Patch Next Week
4. Re: Brink Patch Next Week May 20, 2011, 18:30 House

Came and went. In the past week I haven't see anyone playing Brink anymore.

News Comments > Gold - The First Templar
4. Re: Gold - The First Templar Apr 20, 2011, 16:10 House

I was interested in this based on the premise, but the trailers make it look like a stinker.  

News Comments > Spider-Man: Edge of Time Announced
5. Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time Announced Mar 31, 2011, 15:47 House

I guess I'm the only one, but I enjoyed Shattered Dimensions, especially for the level design and boss fights. It's just too bad that this upcoming game sounds as though it will also abandon the open-world web-swinging of earlier Spider-Man games.  

News Comments > Love Price Drop
5. Re: Love Price Drop Jan 25, 2011, 16:01 House

The screenshots attracted me enough to try this out, but after about 30 minutes I still had no clue as to what I was doing. I wasn't even clear if it was a game or just a world.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Apr 26, 2010, 02:27 House

I agree, Nuts and Bolts was a great game that deserved a sequel.

I also don't understand the criticism of Prince of Persia that you cannot die. Yes, it has very frequent checkpoints, so that a mistake will never set you back more than 30-45 seconds, but that is not equivalent to never letting you fail.

News Comments > Driver San Francisco Registered
1. Re: Driver San Francisco Registered Apr 23, 2010, 15:31 House

Driver was pretty awesome ten years ago. Wheelman is the only recent game I can think of that has a similar feel.

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2010, 02:39.

News Comments > US PC Game Retail Sales Sag
1. Re: US PC Game Sales Sag Dec 2, 2009, 21:22 House

To be clear, this only covers retail sales. Digital downloads and MMO subscriptions seem to be doing pretty well.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Picks Up Heroes Over Europe
1. Re: Ubisoft Picks Up Heroes Over Europe Jul 2, 2009, 12:50 House

This is great news. I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed Heroes of the Pacific, as I don't usually play flight games, and was disappointed when it seemed as though the sequel would never be released. Hopefully it'll be as fun as the first one.  

News Comments > PROTOTYPE Trailer
28. Re: PROTOTYPE Trailer May 28, 2009, 21:35 House

Deus Ex did not look good when it came out. More like "good enough". I remember us all standing around at work, watching someone playing it, talking about how it looked old. Also, despite that, it ran like absolute shit out of the box.

Did any of that matter? No. It was one of the greatest games of all time.

Some things I've noticed from other Prototype trailers (not so much this one) are that:
(a) there's a crapload of moving stuff on-screen
(b) lots of physics
(c) you can move fast
(d) you can get high up and see really far

Combine these with it being a console game, and I wouldn't expect anything close to state-of-the-art graphics. It could still be really fun, though, especially considering these guys made Ultimate Destruction.

News Comments > Plants vs. Zombies Demos
10. Re: tell me what i like May 4, 2009, 14:14 House

The game may get interesting later, but the demo is repetitive, easy, and predictable, which all add up to boring. Looks and sounds great.  

News Comments > MLB Dugout Heroes Next Week
2. Re: MLB Dugout Heroes Next Week Apr 24, 2009, 21:38 House

Tried this out for a bit. I've certainly seen worse baseball games.  

News Comments > Pirate Galaxy Launch
4. Re: Pirate Galaxy Launch Apr 22, 2009, 16:07 House

I played an hour or so of this. Not quite as bad as I expected, but my expectations were very low.  

News Comments > Dragonica Beta Plans
5. Re: Dragonica Beta Plans Apr 21, 2009, 13:22 House

I've played several hours of this. It's only like WoW in that they are both MMORPGs. Dragonica plays like a side-scrolling beat 'em up with light platforming. It looks nice and moment-to-moment is fairly fun due to the faster pace of combat and the fact that you're usually fighting 4-5 monsters at a time. Like most Asian MMOs (and unlike WoW), leveling is a terrible grind only alleviated by purchases from the cash shop.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Tools Beta
3. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Tools Beta Apr 8, 2009, 15:53 House

That sucks. The "spiritual successor" to Baldur's Gate doesn't even have the multiplayer of the original.  

News Comments > Wheelman-Engine Game Plans
3. Re: Wheelman-Engine Game Plans Mar 30, 2009, 13:07 House

The game isn't bad at a basic level. They get the sense of speed down, and the vehicular combat is well done. Those two things alone make it fun for a couple of hours. Unfortunately the missions are really repetitive, the on-foot combat plays like something from ten years ago, and there's no multiplayer.  

News Comments > Tigon Interview
6. Re: Tigon Interview Mar 16, 2009, 12:58 House

I liked the Wheelman demo. It isn't going to be a great game, and I didn't really care for the shooting from vehicles, but the driving was fun.  

News Comments > Barca B.C. Revealed
5. Re: Barca B.C. Revealed Mar 13, 2009, 15:19 House

Nobody said it was an MMORPG. The Tigon site describes it as an RTS, and in the interview Vin Diesel reveals it's an MMO.  

News Comments > Pirate Galaxy Open Beta
11. Pirate Galaxy Mar 12, 2009, 16:30 House

I gave it about 20 minutes so far. It's no space sim - more of a lightweight, casual MMO with spaceships.  

News Comments > Game Release Dates Spreading?
8. Re: Game Release Dates Spreading? Feb 25, 2009, 21:07 House

I guess the way I see it is that Halo 4 and Gears of War 3 are games that sell to both core players and to the mass market. The core will buy a game any time of the year, but if somebody gets a console for Christmas they're probably getting 1 or 2 games with it, and those will be things like Halo, Gears, CoD, etc. Better to have a new game out around the holidays, with the marketing and public buzz around it.

What's somewhat dumb about that quote from Schofield is that GTA IV was supposed to come out in the fall, and it slipped to spring. They knew they'd make more money if they were one of titles that people had to have for their brand-new systems, or if they were out when everyone's sitting on a pile of gift cards.

The other kinds of games that it makes sense to have come out around Christmas are licensed games, especially for kids, since those are bought as presents.

82 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo