Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alex van Dijk

Real Name Alex van Dijk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nom4d
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 26, 2014, 16:02
Total Comments 14 (Suspect)
User ID 57981

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $45M
57. Re: Star Citizen Hits $45M Jun 9, 2014, 11:57 Nom4d

Creston wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 11:46:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 08:17:
I am not sure what was promised in terms of handling but this Alpha build doesn't feel like ship physics or flight controls for that matter were top priority in the development.

Isn't that kind of the point (or one of the points) of this entire arena commander release, though? To get that kind of feedback so they can tweak the flight model?

Ding ding ding! That is the right answer Tom, you win 1 free internet. Yes, on just about everything that's released, be it news, videos or the hangar and Arena Commander it all has a big red warning label saying "THIS IS PRE ALPHA / ALPHA! Nothing is final! Help us improve the game." and yet no one seems to grasp this whatsoever.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WildStar Head Start Underway
26. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 2, 2014, 09:12 Nom4d

Darks wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 08:26:
These guys are using the same tech they build WOW with over 10 years ago. So it damn well better run at a high frame rate.

And what tech might that be? I'm asking since you seem to know quite well what goes on under the hood at Wildstar.

News Comments > WildStar Head Start Underway
20. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 2, 2014, 06:55 Nom4d

Harrowing wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 04:11:
I like how these peasants see a screenshot and immediately dismiss it as a WoW clone. It plays nothing like WoW. Peasants.

I'll join in on this. Yes it kind of looks like WoW, and yes there's gameplay elements in there we've all seen before. But I don't think we're collectively sick of WoW clones, or fairground MMO's. I think we're all sick of badly executed ones. For once I feel that this is not a bad money grab MMO. It's constantly action packed, always something to do even in the lower levels, combine that with combat that will punish you for being stupid (I'm not saying it's hard, but it's certainly not easy either) and you have a solid MMORPG that I'm having a lot of fun playing and just seems like a step up from what we've seen lately in the genre.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $44M
23. Re: Star Citizen at $44M May 24, 2014, 16:32 Nom4d

BadIronTree wrote on May 24, 2014, 16:25:
[VG]Reagle wrote on May 24, 2014, 14:37:

Its not hate if its true...try to get a copy of Freelancer and let me know how that goes for you.

http://www.amazon.com/Freelancer-PC/dp/B000085AHJ

Pretty well by the looks of it.

News Comments > Star Citizen "Coming Together"
56. Re: Star Citizen Apr 27, 2014, 06:13 Nom4d

Iurand wrote on Apr 27, 2014, 05:24:
Kosumo wrote on Apr 27, 2014, 05:20:
Iurand wrote on Apr 27, 2014, 05:17:
Flatline wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 19:19:
Bullshit we're what, 6 months past when we were supposed to have the multiplayer dogfight module?

4 months past when we were supposed to have the singleplayer dogfight module.

If it was a singleplayer dogfight module, why was the netcode the hold up?

They changed their plans and decided to do it in one pass and release both SP and MP together.

In addition to that, Chris Robberts adressed the delay in a letter saying since the expectations for the Dogfighting Module(DFM) were so high, he'd rather spend some more time on it along with making the netcode 'future proof'. So instead of hacking something together that would only work for the DFM, the netcode is already usable for future modules as well. That and the Cryengine netcode in it's default state is just not adequate for what the DFM and by extension Star Citizen needs.

News Comments > Roberts: We Won't Sell Star Citizen
66. Re: Star Citizen Apr 2, 2014, 15:52 Nom4d

Darks wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 09:05:
Anyway, Iím not confident this game is going to be all he wants it to be. Soon enough the beta will be starting so we will all find out then.

Small heads up, the release of the DogFighting Module (DFM) is right around the corner, but in no way is that meant as a beta, it's an alpha build of a small part of the game, not feature complete (far from it). It's a way for CIG to test the dogfighting itself, the handling, balancing, the implementation of ships, netcode and everything else that's part of releasing extremely early unfinished work.

News Comments > Tropico 5 Trailer
1. Re: Tropico 5 Trailer Mar 26, 2014, 10:03 Nom4d

I wasn't a big fan of the last Tropico game, it felt relatively uninspired and dull. I however do like the idea of moving through the ages and having a family to keep in power. I'll have to give this one a good look.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hangar Adds Oculus Rift Support
36. Re: Star Citizen Hangar Adds Oculus Rift Support Mar 1, 2014, 03:01 Nom4d

[VG]Reagle wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 23:12:
After that well apparently these geeks start hemorrhaging cash and the developers add another stretch goal and laugh their way to the bank while doing nothing.

Meanwhile, the game looks like it was made in 1999 with a free engine... Oculus Rift Support please...

While doing nothing huh? So I'm guessing for a game that's still fully in development (and will be for a good while) it's normal to have a way to show off their assets (Hangar), have a Dogfighting Module coming out in a good month, show weekly updates on recent developments (news posts, ask a dev, weekly show (Wingman's Hangar) and a competition (The Next Great Starship). Yup, whole lot of nothing going on there.

Also, 1999 with a free engine: Top kek

But seeing as this is Blue's News I'm probably going to get shit on for being a fanboy because I tried to explain/show something.

News Comments > Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll
48. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 27, 2014, 07:28 Nom4d

Luke wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 07:19:
Nom4d wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 06:35:
InBlack wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 04:25:
People have a HUUUUGE problem with F2P games (Pay2Win) but somehow its OKAY for Chris Roberts to sell 1000$ ships for a product that IS STILL IN DEVELOPMENT and has already been fully financed and then some?!

People don't have a problem with it because they are buying into the game knowing it's in development, their money is used to back development/stretch goals (and they will eventually get a ship for it) and the process of development has been made very transparent (if you compare it to other game devs, be it AAA dev titles or other 'indie games'). It has nothing to do with being deep down a rabbit hole, more than not screaming bloody murder that the game hasn't 'got anything to show for it' after just being in development for 1,5 years (which is very short for the scope this game is going for in the first place).

But it really doesn't matter which way I argue because it seems you're convinced we're all mindless sheep in Chris Robbert's pocket, so good luck with that.

justify justify all the way for what a ghost game... Book

Yes, that one ghost game which has been showing new content and development updates on an almost weekly basis.

46. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 27, 2014, 06:35 Nom4d

InBlack wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 04:25:
People have a HUUUUGE problem with F2P games (Pay2Win) but somehow its OKAY for Chris Roberts to sell 1000$ ships for a product that IS STILL IN DEVELOPMENT and has already been fully financed and then some?!

People don't have a problem with it because they are buying into the game knowing it's in development, their money is used to back development/stretch goals (and they will eventually get a ship for it) and the process of development has been made very transparent (if you compare it to other game devs, be it AAA dev titles or other 'indie games'). It has nothing to do with being deep down a rabbit hole, more than not screaming bloody murder that the game hasn't 'got anything to show for it' after just being in development for 1,5 years (which is very short for the scope this game is going for in the first place).

But it really doesn't matter which way I argue because it seems you're convinced we're all mindless sheep in Chris Robbert's pocket, so good luck with that.

40. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 27, 2014, 01:17 Nom4d

harlock wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 17:55:
Nom4d wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 17:28:
For those who have been paying attention, Chris Robberts has said that some of the promised features will probably not be in at the launch of the game (See a few of the '10 for the Chairman' episodes for example). The intention is to keep content and features coming in for a long time after launch. I get the feeling that a lot of people have their expectations all wrong. Also entitlement and impatience.

dont forget a lack of reading comprehension.. because, as we all know.. this is clearly stated

I do like how in all three posts you've made, you've tried to mock me, but haven't actually come up with a good counter point.

In other news, it's good to see not everyone in this thread is as jaded and cynical (can't wait to see the 'at least we're realistic / not suckers' reactions to that). I for one am looking forward to the DFM in a few months.

25. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 26, 2014, 17:28 Nom4d

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 17:14:
Panickd wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 15:55:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 10:23:
Lets see how we can make more money, thus increasing scope.

The signs of a never ending, never finished project are popping up every week.

The scope of the game thus far (with all of it's stretch goals) seems unfathomably wide already, which doesn't generally work out well in the end for most would be games.

And I am pretty sure they always intended the game to be one of those ongoing never finished, only abandoned works of "art". But I would at least like something playable. This endless parade of "hey we got more money so we're making the game even bigger!" when they haven't actually shown anything playable yet was already becoming a farce but this just takes it to a whole new level.

Yup, anyone who has ever been a part of a very troubled project can see where this is going. Usually it is external factors (executives, marketing, the board, etc) that puts ridiculous requests in that doom a project - these idiots are just doing it to themselves.

This won't end well.

For those who have been paying attention, Chris Robberts has said that some of the promised features will probably not be in at the launch of the game (See a few of the '10 for the Chairman' episodes for example). The intention is to keep content and features coming in for a long time after launch. I get the feeling that a lot of people have their expectations all wrong. Also entitlement and impatience.

16. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 26, 2014, 13:52 Nom4d

InBlack wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 12:25:
Nom4d wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 11:55:
nin wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 09:26:
"Another limited ship! So rare! Be the envy of all your friends! Get it now before it's gone - FOREVER!*"

(*not really)

Except nothing of what you said is actually a thing. It clearly states it's going to be on sale later on when it's a more finished product and it's a startership which is hardly going to inspire envy.

The exception was the sale in December which was the end of LTI and pretty much a one time thing by the looks of it.

Oh the sweet irony...

I don't think the word irony means what you think it means. So what's your major problem with this then? That it's not a 3d model yet? Don't think the people who want to buy the ship (the money is not forced from their wallets after all) have an issue with that.

8. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 26, 2014, 11:55 Nom4d

nin wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 09:26:
"Another limited ship! So rare! Be the envy of all your friends! Get it now before it's gone - FOREVER!*"

(*not really)

Except nothing of what you said is actually a thing. It clearly states it's going to be on sale later on when it's a more finished product and it's a startership which is hardly going to inspire envy.

The exception was the sale in December which was the end of LTI and pretty much a one time thing by the looks of it.

14 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo