Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jamil20

Real Name Jamil20   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jamil20
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 13, 2014, 15:04
Total Comments 91 (Suspect)
User ID 57966

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Control Reboot FAQ
11. Re: Star Control Reboot FAQ Apr 8, 2015, 14:32 Jamil20

Even with some of the original aliens, you can still screw it up. Ahem. Star Control 3.

The fact that they would use the title without any connection to the original IP does indicate they are banking on nostalgia. So this is another vote of no no-confidence.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Beta Begins
1. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Beta Begins Apr 1, 2015, 09:38 Jamil20

I'll pay you one bazillion dollars to test your game, Blizzard. Please! You're doing me a favour!

I love Early Access!

/s

News Comments > Valve's HTC Vive Free for Developers
4. Re: Valve's HTC Vive Free for Developers Mar 27, 2015, 11:47 Jamil20

MacLeod wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 11:39:
Yea, of course he's okay with that now... he sold it to facebook for 2 billion. I can bet he wouldn't be saying that if he was still just an independent kickstarter company funding himself.

You are right on the money. The Facebook deal is right about the time Oculus stopped making any progress. These guys have given up.

Prior to the facebook deal, regarding the release date they said:

Oculus wouldn’t commit, except to note that something has gone wrong if it takes until the 2015 holiday season to ship.

Yeah, something did go wrong. Facebook happened and gave them a lot of money so they can do absolutely nothing.

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 2015, 11:58.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity
15. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 17, 2015, 14:30 Jamil20

http://imgur.com/XaMoBWG  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Mar 12, 2015, 16:04 Jamil20

I don't know what IGDA is, but I no longer support it.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos
53. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 9, 2015, 11:51 Jamil20

Illumin wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 04:22:
Pre Alpha.

I hate the 'lol pre alpha' apologetic. This game isn't in 'Pre Alpha', it's in some quasi-released state with features being added between releases. A pre-alpha game isn't playable without the use of a development console, and the assets are mostly placeholders while the main features of the game are being developed. The real pre-alpha is available to the developers right now in the form of the persistent universe. We are getting a completely different product with Arena Commander that is released, ie. 1.0+

There's going to be no time where this game will be feature complete, and it will be declared 'Alpha'. Similarly, there will be no 'Beta'. It's just going to go from 'Pre-Alpha' -> 'Released'.

The development of this game is not following the traditional software development process. They can stop at any point and say the game is done, which has been done with several Early Access games before.

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 2015, 11:58.

News Comments > NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May
22. Re: NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May Mar 4, 2015, 14:59 Jamil20

Most people with low-end computers also have low-end internet service crippled by limitations in bandwidth and data capacity.  

News Comments > SteamVR Hardware Reveal Next Week
33. Re: SteamVR Hardware Reveal Next Week Feb 24, 2015, 12:08 Jamil20

A part of me hopes to see Oculus fail. I hate the constant teases and the constant hush-hush attitude. Fuck you and your fucking hype train. It would serve you right if the competition outruns your slow pace and steals the thunder from under you.  

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit
16. Re: NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit Feb 23, 2015, 10:58 Jamil20

I actually think this probably was some miscommunication between marketing and engineering and not some intentional attempt at deception. That said, the 970 is no slouch. I would like to get one, but the 770 fits the bill for now. Looking forward to Pascal.  

News Comments > Terraria: Otherworld Revealed
12. Re: Terraria: Otherworld Revealed Feb 17, 2015, 15:05 Jamil20

PHJF wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 13:08:
Starbound is/was inferior in every respect to Terraria and, last I played, showed a distinct lack of direction or intelligent game design.

+1

Lots of hype that fizzled immediately upon release.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Accidentally Revealed?
4. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Accidentally Revealed? Jan 14, 2015, 09:34 Jamil20

I really liked some of the warhammer strategy games, such as Shadow of the Horned Rat and Dark Omen. I don't know how I feel about Sega-CA doing this. On the one hand, I want my historic strategy games from CA, but they stopped doing history a while back and have been doing fantasy ever since.

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch & Free DLC Released
14. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Free DLC Released Dec 12, 2014, 09:20 Jamil20

Wolfox wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 20:51:
Just to add to your excellent list, there's also Limit Theory.

Or Eve Valkyrie. That looks the most promising to me.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
13. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 27, 2014, 14:16 Jamil20

jdreyer wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 13:02:
1. You're not trying hard enough. There have been OR stories in various sites almost daily for the past year. Interviews, game journalists visiting the office, etc. Just a few weeks ago I was listening to a podcast where the guy went to the OR office and tried the new prototype. He couldn't give details, but he said it was higher res, higher refresh, and lighter than DK2.

2. You write that they have fulfilled their KS obligations, yet their "lack of transparency" is tarnishing KS's rep? How does that work exactly? Also, see 1. above.

You're right, I don't try to pick up every piece of news. I mostly focus on news related to the actual product as opposed to the latest game or application (which dominates the news).

Yet, I have so many questions. What's the projected release date? What screen resolution are they using? The crescent bay prototype looks pretty damn good, why is it going to take another 6 months-2 years to release the thing? Is it a production scale issue? Is there something else that you're not satisfied with? Where is this thing in terms of the production timeline in general? Do you even know yet what the final product is?

There are so many question that have no answer, and they are completely tight-lipped about.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 27, 2014, 12:34 Jamil20

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 11:28:
Plenty of successes and failures, probably a lot like there are in any invention type space.

Oculus, still wonder how they were ever going to ship if they didn't get the miracle from Facebook?

They shipped before Facebook. The kickstarter was for the dev kit 1, not the consumer release. They're pretty much off the hook now on delivering anything and taking their sweet ass time about releasing the consumer version. The last thing I heard was about them bundling a set of headphones with it? They're losing their focus. I haven't seen much transparency from them either, which is further tarnishing their reputation and kickstarter's.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Released
19. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Released Oct 24, 2014, 14:48 Jamil20

Fion wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 14:42:
Have you heard about the Long War mod? It's the most popular XCom: EU/EW mod that ups the difficulty, choices and really puts that classic feel into the game. I suggest you check it out.

No I haven't. Thank you for the recommendation. I hope to try it some day.

17. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Released Oct 24, 2014, 14:37 Jamil20

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 14:19:
What you are really saying is that Brian Reynolds was the reason Alpha Centauri was what it was, one of the best 4x games ever made.

Actually, I've never really played Alpha Centauri. I'm just referring to X-Com. One of the few games I bought for full price in a long time, fueled by nostalgia. I had almost instant buyer's remorse when I finally witnessed how on-rails the game was, which is nothing like the original. A lot of people enjoyed it, but I found the game had zero replay value, because you ultimately don't make any choices in the game.

13. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Released Oct 24, 2014, 13:42 Jamil20

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 11:24:
But what really bothered me was how lazy everything looked. The factions are cookie cutter identical, gone are the different city styles from Alpha Centauri per race (now only per affinity), the Aliens are Starship Trooper style cannon fodder (actually, literally starship trooper style bugs) and the various factions don't even have any identity: You could call them AI 1 AI 2 AI 3 and you'd not notice a difference between them. You won't get a angry letter that you just destroyed half the planets aliens... and the win screen doesn't even have sodding stats.

game devs becoming lazy and this is so clearly a CIV5 mod (where the modders got the actual SDK) that it is sad. This is nothing a mod team couldn't have done if there'd be a decent CIV5 SDK.

I call this treatment getting 'Firaxis-ed'

News Comments > I am Bread Trailer
7. Re: I am Bread Trailer Oct 20, 2014, 14:09 Jamil20

I think I'll wait for the French Toast DLC.  

News Comments > RYSE: Son of Rome Released for PC
3. Re: RYSE: Son of Rome Released for PC Oct 10, 2014, 09:21 Jamil20

Haha, finally! Time to pirate!

Nah, they'd have to pay me to play this crap.

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations
42. Re: Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations Oct 8, 2014, 10:39 Jamil20

Reviewers were also told that they must “not mention LOTR or Hobbit movies, characters or books”

What's up with that? Why is this game distancing itself from the source material?

91 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo