Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jamil20

Real Name Jamil20   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jamil20
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 13, 2014, 15:04
Total Comments 105 (Novice)
User ID 57966

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Space Engineers Source Code; $100K Mod Support Fund
5. Re: Space Engineers Source Code; $100K Mod Support Fund May 15, 2015, 09:03 Jamil20

Can you guys finish our game for us?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Steam Keys For All Players Coming
20. Re: Elite: Dangerous Steam Keys For All Players Coming May 9, 2015, 11:54 Jamil20

I want it on Steam so I can use the streaming feature to play it from my tv room.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 8, 2015, 09:49 Jamil20

I've always owned an AMD, until last year when I just couldn't justify it anymore. I'd love to go back to buying AMDs, but they need to start making a competitive product. I'm not happy with my current Haswell.

My body is ready.

News Comments > Arma III Free Weekend; BIS Sale
3. Re: Arma III Free Weekend; BIS Sale May 8, 2015, 09:04 Jamil20

I still haven't figured out how to have fun in this game. I have friends who play it, and I'll join them for a night, but I get more entertainment from them than the game.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW @ 7.1M Subs
14. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW @ 7.1M Subs May 7, 2015, 09:41 Jamil20

Wallshadows wrote on May 6, 2015, 22:00:
The expansion really speaks for itself in regards to the current state of the game. They really need to end Warlords with the 6.2 release and hope they have learned from this disaster in the next expansion.

The first thing I hope they do is kick Celestalon and Holinka out to the curb for being inept twats who shouldn't even be in charge of changing the water cooler.

Can I get a summary of the issues with it? I haven't heard much, but it seemed to be positive? I don't actively try to stay updated on this game since I left in 2005.

News Comments > AU Tax on Digital Purchases Possible
1. Re: AU Tax on Digital Purchases Possible May 7, 2015, 08:53 Jamil20

Because Australians don't pay enough already. Feeling bad for you guys.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
46. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 14:44 Jamil20

theglaze wrote on May 6, 2015, 12:04:
People are right to think that 1st gen hardware will have shortcomings and problems, but compared to the first gen smart watches, a VR headset from Oculus offers significantly more bang-for-buck in function and entertainment.

VR enabled content will persuade the non-believers and the masses that don't understand the potential of devices like Oculus Rift. YouTube already offers 360 content (if your phone/tablet supports it):

360 F1
360 Wingsuit

This is just the beginning...

This needs to be stereoscopic for VR.

11. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 10:01 Jamil20

Quinn wrote on May 6, 2015, 09:51:
But you HAVE interest in putting something IN your skull. ...

I'm still not sure how this will work, sitting behind a desk. The Oculus Rift doesn't have gloves, does it? Either way, I'm sure you'd still need your keyboard. So tell me how that works. I'm playing an FPS, an enemy is behind me. I turn around with the Oculus Rift but have to leave my ability to actually shoot behind on my desk. Seriously, tell me how this works?

I feel like it's a rhetoric question, which is why I too believe it's but a gimmick still.

In an FPS game, turning your body would be the same with keyboard and mouse control. The headtracking turns your character's head only, so they are controlled separately, so your character can be moving in one direction and looking in another.

This is why games have to support this decoupled movement/field_of_view

News Comments > Goat Simulator GoatZ Expansion Tomorrow
1. Re: Goat Simulator GoatZ Expansion Tomorrow May 6, 2015, 09:03 Jamil20

Thatís right. GoatZ is the latest DLC for Goat Simulator and it will be the only survival game on Steam that isnít in Early Access!

1. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 08:59 Jamil20

About time they made a move. It may be too late if Valve/HTC brings out the Vive before Christmas. It will depend on who has the better product.  

News Comments > DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley
13. Re: DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley May 1, 2015, 10:56 Jamil20

I want to see a comparison between directx 11 and directx 12, not what 4 Titans can do. I bet directx 11 can look equally impressive running 4 titans.  

News Comments > Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds
85. Re: Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds Apr 28, 2015, 09:35 Jamil20

InBlack wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 08:38:
You are using a false analogy yet again. Im talking about modding. Or if you really want to generalise, working on someone else's foundation with their permission. The whole concept of modding is built on this premise. Sort of like open-source. Once you close that shit down, and bring money into the game, bye bye modding. How many games today support mods compared to the games of the 90's? Why do you think that is? IP control. You are naive if you dont believe that is exactly what is going to happen to a rich modding community like Skyrim's once money is involved. Sure the 'big' popular mods will survive, they will even probably be bigger and better. But the community as a whole will wither away, and innovation will be limited by what you can sell and to whom.

I agree with this. When you introduce money, it's a race to the bottom in terms of mod quality. The development groups will be smaller and closed off to avoid splitting profits. Also, people will keep secrets to gain a competitive edge. Modders will also be less favorable to others using their ideas, and this will elevate the amount of discord.

I think people will reject the idea of paid mods in any game like Skyrim and will always turn to the *OPEN* (not to be read as free) option.

News Comments > Skyrim Free Weekend
2. Re: Skyrim Free Weekend Apr 24, 2015, 10:25 Jamil20

I will never pay for a modification. This is worse than horse armour.  

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Next Week
6. Re: Kerbal Space Program Next Week Apr 22, 2015, 08:49 Jamil20

Hail Jebadette Kerman!  

News Comments > Star Control Reboot FAQ
11. Re: Star Control Reboot FAQ Apr 8, 2015, 14:32 Jamil20

Even with some of the original aliens, you can still screw it up. Ahem. Star Control 3.

The fact that they would use the title without any connection to the original IP does indicate they are banking on nostalgia. So this is another vote of no no-confidence.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Beta Begins
1. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Beta Begins Apr 1, 2015, 09:38 Jamil20

I'll pay you one bazillion dollars to test your game, Blizzard. Please! You're doing me a favour!

I love Early Access!

/s

News Comments > Valve's HTC Vive Free for Developers
4. Re: Valve's HTC Vive Free for Developers Mar 27, 2015, 11:47 Jamil20

MacLeod wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 11:39:
Yea, of course he's okay with that now... he sold it to facebook for 2 billion. I can bet he wouldn't be saying that if he was still just an independent kickstarter company funding himself.

You are right on the money. The Facebook deal is right about the time Oculus stopped making any progress. These guys have given up.

Prior to the facebook deal, regarding the release date they said:

Oculus wouldnít commit, except to note that something has gone wrong if it takes until the 2015 holiday season to ship.

Yeah, something did go wrong. Facebook happened and gave them a lot of money so they can do absolutely nothing.

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 2015, 11:58.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity
15. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 17, 2015, 14:30 Jamil20

http://imgur.com/XaMoBWG  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Mar 12, 2015, 16:04 Jamil20

I don't know what IGDA is, but I no longer support it.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos
53. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 9, 2015, 11:51 Jamil20

Illumin wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 04:22:
Pre Alpha.

I hate the 'lol pre alpha' apologetic. This game isn't in 'Pre Alpha', it's in some quasi-released state with features being added between releases. A pre-alpha game isn't playable without the use of a development console, and the assets are mostly placeholders while the main features of the game are being developed. The real pre-alpha is available to the developers right now in the form of the persistent universe. We are getting a completely different product with Arena Commander that is released, ie. 1.0+

There's going to be no time where this game will be feature complete, and it will be declared 'Alpha'. Similarly, there will be no 'Beta'. It's just going to go from 'Pre-Alpha' -> 'Released'.

The development of this game is not following the traditional software development process. They can stop at any point and say the game is done, which has been done with several Early Access games before.

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 2015, 11:58.

105 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo