Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jamil20

Real Name Jamil20   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jamil20
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 13, 2014, 15:04
Total Comments 80 (Suspect)
User ID 57966

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch & Free DLC Released
14. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Free DLC Released Dec 12, 2014, 09:20 Jamil20

Wolfox wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 20:51:
Just to add to your excellent list, there's also Limit Theory.

Or Eve Valkyrie. That looks the most promising to me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
13. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 27, 2014, 14:16 Jamil20

jdreyer wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 13:02:
1. You're not trying hard enough. There have been OR stories in various sites almost daily for the past year. Interviews, game journalists visiting the office, etc. Just a few weeks ago I was listening to a podcast where the guy went to the OR office and tried the new prototype. He couldn't give details, but he said it was higher res, higher refresh, and lighter than DK2.

2. You write that they have fulfilled their KS obligations, yet their "lack of transparency" is tarnishing KS's rep? How does that work exactly? Also, see 1. above.

You're right, I don't try to pick up every piece of news. I mostly focus on news related to the actual product as opposed to the latest game or application (which dominates the news).

Yet, I have so many questions. What's the projected release date? What screen resolution are they using? The crescent bay prototype looks pretty damn good, why is it going to take another 6 months-2 years to release the thing? Is it a production scale issue? Is there something else that you're not satisfied with? Where is this thing in terms of the production timeline in general? Do you even know yet what the final product is?

There are so many question that have no answer, and they are completely tight-lipped about.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 27, 2014, 12:34 Jamil20

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 11:28:
Plenty of successes and failures, probably a lot like there are in any invention type space.

Oculus, still wonder how they were ever going to ship if they didn't get the miracle from Facebook?

They shipped before Facebook. The kickstarter was for the dev kit 1, not the consumer release. They're pretty much off the hook now on delivering anything and taking their sweet ass time about releasing the consumer version. The last thing I heard was about them bundling a set of headphones with it? They're losing their focus. I haven't seen much transparency from them either, which is further tarnishing their reputation and kickstarter's.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Released
19. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Released Oct 24, 2014, 14:48 Jamil20

Fion wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 14:42:
Have you heard about the Long War mod? It's the most popular XCom: EU/EW mod that ups the difficulty, choices and really puts that classic feel into the game. I suggest you check it out.

No I haven't. Thank you for the recommendation. I hope to try it some day.

17. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Released Oct 24, 2014, 14:37 Jamil20

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 14:19:
What you are really saying is that Brian Reynolds was the reason Alpha Centauri was what it was, one of the best 4x games ever made.

Actually, I've never really played Alpha Centauri. I'm just referring to X-Com. One of the few games I bought for full price in a long time, fueled by nostalgia. I had almost instant buyer's remorse when I finally witnessed how on-rails the game was, which is nothing like the original. A lot of people enjoyed it, but I found the game had zero replay value, because you ultimately don't make any choices in the game.

13. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Released Oct 24, 2014, 13:42 Jamil20

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 11:24:
But what really bothered me was how lazy everything looked. The factions are cookie cutter identical, gone are the different city styles from Alpha Centauri per race (now only per affinity), the Aliens are Starship Trooper style cannon fodder (actually, literally starship trooper style bugs) and the various factions don't even have any identity: You could call them AI 1 AI 2 AI 3 and you'd not notice a difference between them. You won't get a angry letter that you just destroyed half the planets aliens... and the win screen doesn't even have sodding stats.

game devs becoming lazy and this is so clearly a CIV5 mod (where the modders got the actual SDK) that it is sad. This is nothing a mod team couldn't have done if there'd be a decent CIV5 SDK.

I call this treatment getting 'Firaxis-ed'

News Comments > I am Bread Trailer
7. Re: I am Bread Trailer Oct 20, 2014, 14:09 Jamil20

I think I'll wait for the French Toast DLC.  

News Comments > RYSE: Son of Rome Released for PC
3. Re: RYSE: Son of Rome Released for PC Oct 10, 2014, 09:21 Jamil20

Haha, finally! Time to pirate!

Nah, they'd have to pay me to play this crap.

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations
42. Re: Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations Oct 8, 2014, 10:39 Jamil20

Reviewers were also told that they must “not mention LOTR or Hobbit movies, characters or books”

What's up with that? Why is this game distancing itself from the source material?

News Comments > ArcheAge Hits 2M Players
12. Re: ArcheAge Hits 2M Players Oct 3, 2014, 11:46 Jamil20

The game is geared towards PvP. There are PvE only zones, which are mostly the starting zones. Leveling players are eventually pushed into PvP zones, which can be annoying since it's level capped players ganking lower level players. All the zones have a peace timer once in a while which allows questing players a chance to finish their quests in that zone. It's a pretty open PvP system, where you can even kill your own faction. There's also the open seas, where it's PvP all the time. The incentive to get on the water is for lucrative intercontinental trading.

There is a lot of cheating going on right now though. I really don't understand the logic behind deciding to run an old build of the game that has a lot of known exploits. It must be laziness. There is a new continent in one of the patches, and they probably don't want the large super organized guilds taking it over too early.

News Comments > Stardock Announces Sorcerer King: Early Access Underway
4. Re: Stardock Announces Sorcerer King: Early Access Underway Oct 3, 2014, 09:25 Jamil20

Early access available?

Do they just give you a copy of Fallen Enchantress?

News Comments > Total War: ATTILA Announced
13. Re: Total War: ATTILA Announced Sep 26, 2014, 10:35 Jamil20

My cynicism tells me they're going to half-ass family trees. Rome should be heavy on the intrigue and not just some map painting, colour between the lines game.  

News Comments > New GeForce GPUs & Drivers
45. Re: New GeForce GTX 980 & 970 GPUs & Drivers Sep 19, 2014, 16:31 Jamil20

Yeah, but knowing Nvidia, they'll just release the 1080 and 1080ti for a long while. I'm not in that league.  

News Comments > New GeForce GPUs & Drivers
43. Re: New GeForce GTX 980 & 970 GPUs & Drivers Sep 19, 2014, 16:24 Jamil20

So hard to decide if I should upgrade from a 770 to a 970. The performance increase is okay, but the TDP sweetens the deal. 230W->145W  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month
27. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month Sep 19, 2014, 16:13 Jamil20

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 15:56:
These guys are awesome. I really like David Braben & co and their unpretentious (in contrast to that other game) attitude.
They are doing a great job on everything, very reliable, working like a clockwork, delivering stuff as promised, no major fuckups (yet) because everything is actually thought through (again in contrast to that other game) and well structured.

You can tell they have really put a lot of thought into what they can achieve within time and budget, what will have to come later and they have very clearly communicated on all of these points.
David Braben is generally very pleasant to listen to since he has a crystal clear vision and is able to communicate it as such.
In contrast, a certain other project lead of that other game does not really communicate but usually gets tangled up in long winded droning monologues that don't really give anyone a concise answer on anything. Perfect politician candidate. Speaking lots w/o actually saying anything.

Yes. Just about everything coming out of Frontier and DB is in stark contrast to that other game where the only thing that matters anymore seems to be fostering and cementing the monetization aspects.
The only giant mystery I still need to solve is why the fuck I was retarded enough to pledge almost 10x more for that other game than I did for Elite?

We're talking about BC3K, right?

News Comments > Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent
35. Re: Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent Sep 11, 2014, 16:53 Jamil20

Kosumo wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 16:13:
The way people here are going on about the cat in the seat (I love cats too), I would not be to surprized to see a new streach goal coming up soon

Shame it will take them 9 months to add just a model of a cat in your internet spaceships commader seat - then another 16 months to animate it so it does not look like you just sit on it.

This could lead to a new game type, Capture the Cat, and more streach goals of your cat interacting with your fish tank.

It's not like they are trying to make a space combat/trading game or anything - cos if that what you are after, you could just go play the new Elite game, no, this is a game about towels and the likes.

This would finally allow me to fulfill my dream of becoming a space veterinarian. Make it happen, Chris Roberts!

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
116. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 16:12 Jamil20

I heard Microsoft wanted in on the online card game business. Scrolls is super hot right now. /s  

News Comments > Transverse Announced
4. Re: Transverse Announced Sep 9, 2014, 18:54 Jamil20

This is what gave the perceived notion that people aren't interested in space sims. No one is interested in low budget shovelware.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2014, 16:05 Jamil20

Only works on .com it seems.

Amazon.com rarely ships to Canada.

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed
13. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed Sep 4, 2014, 10:35 Jamil20

Shyte  

80 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >