Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for verybad1

Real Name verybad1   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname verybad1
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 8, 2013, 20:19
Total Comments 125 (Novice)
User ID 57946

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen at $59M
11. Re: Star Citizen at $59M Oct 29, 2014, 14:05 verybad1

No way this game will every stack up to the invested hype. Wish I could just block it from showing on my BluesNews read...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
12. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer Oct 25, 2014, 13:47 verybad1

Good lord. I think she cast a spell that made be jizz in my pants over this game.

I refuse to buy games early any longer, but damn if that isn't a nice looking game/cinematic.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Released
23. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Released Oct 24, 2014, 15:01 verybad1

Do plan on getting this, but I'll wait for a few updates, mods, and DLCs first. I played way too much of Civ3 though Civ5 I'm sure I'll get my money's worth when I do buy it though.  

News Comments > Space Hulk: Ascension Edition Video Diary
1. Re: Space Hulk: Ascension Edition Video Diary Oct 11, 2014, 13:17 verybad1

Think I'll look into this one. I like these guys because they didn't have a PR/Marketing person handling this. The people making the game did it, they stuttered and they seemed very human, and very much into their own game. Thoroughly impressed with their believability.

On my follow list.

News Comments > The Evil Within > 30 FPS "Not Supported"
51. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 13:37 verybad1

*meh* They can make a game however the f they want to. We'll buy it if it looks like a fun experience, and we won 't if it doesn't.

I'm not going to say they can't make it a certain ratio or a certain FPS, but if it reduces the fun factor, then it may reduce sales.

However you can't say games have to be made one way, and movies another. That's completely up to the creators IMO. It may reduce their success, but crap, I kind of like that they're taking a risk due to (potential) artistic purpose (of course it might be that they didn't want to spend the money to do it in more ways also of course).

In the end, if it's a good game, then people will probably be willing to look over certain factors, if the game by it self sucks ort is mediocre, they those factors might be the difference between financial success or failure though.

News Comments > Transverse Funding Reworked
23. Re: Transverse Funding Reworked Sep 12, 2014, 21:07 verybad1

Cutter wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 17:00:
verybad1 wrote on Sep 12, 2014,
Seriously, you think I'm shrilling for them when I mention how badly they're failing on their transverse thing?15:34:

Wow, in the last 17 hours
it's gone from
76 backers and $6530 pledged
to
83 Backers and $7110 pledged.

Nice to see that integrity still matters.

Please note I don't want Piranha to fail. They have the basics to a good game in MWO, they just need to focus more on making that good game than on draining money out of the customers.

I completely understand that they need to make money to continue as a functioning company, but the money WILL come if they work harder on making the game what it was promised to be. As for Transverse, I don't think that Piranha is capable of developing two decent games at the same time. I do want Transverse to go away.

So, in other words you work for them. Shill harder.

I worked for years on modding Mechwarrior 4, and MWO shut us (MekTek) down on that IP. There's no fucking way I'm "shrilling" for them, however I don't think there will be a Mechwarrior game for a very long time if they fail.

When I mentioned "nice to see that integrity still matters" it was because nobody is buying their spiel after how they've treated their customers for MWO.

I'm a long time Mechwarrior/Battletech fan, and I just want there to be a game for it.

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2014, 21:13.

News Comments > Transverse Funding Reworked
17. Re: Transverse Funding Reworked Sep 12, 2014, 15:34 verybad1

Wow, in the last 17 hours
it's gone from
76 backers and $6530 pledged
to
83 Backers and $7110 pledged.

Nice to see that integrity still matters.

Please note I don't want Piranha to fail. They have the basics to a good game in MWO, they just need to focus more on making that good game than on draining money out of the customers.

I completely understand that they need to make money to continue as a functioning company, but the money WILL come if they work harder on making the game what it was promised to be. As for Transverse, I don't think that Piranha is capable of developing two decent games at the same time. I do want Transverse to go away.

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2014, 15:53.

News Comments > Transverse Could Have Been Wing Commander Online; Gamers Skeptical
7. Re: Transverse Could Have Been Wing Commander Online; Gamers Skeptical Sep 10, 2014, 13:54 verybad1

Piss on a beloved franchise once and get me to pay way too much for content shame on you/

Ass rape another beloved franchise and get me to eat the remnants from the strained hole...well it aint gonna hapopen. Piranha is a bad developer, and they've proven it. They'll lie to you to get your money, and they'll overcharge you as much as possible they kite you on with more promises. I'm done with them.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Rights Devoured by Piranha
9. Re: MechWarrior Online Rights Devoured by Piranha Sep 10, 2014, 13:48 verybad1

MWO is a money grab. They do their best to avoid giving the game anything that can add depth such as new modes, new maps (over 6 months since the last one IIRC.), OR even the "90 days away" (for well over a year) Community Warfare system that was supposed to provide the game with some structure outside of individual games.

It's a fucking joke, and the IP deserves better.

The game itself is ok once you get past the clunky interface. They've missed so many of the promises made during the prebeta to get money from founders that the thing could be used as a training manual for shady developers.

So good? Decent gameplay in the actual fights (the interface otherwise is horrendous)

Bad? Terrible interface, many missed promises, way overcharged DLC (mechs etc) extreme grind, poor balancing choices, no community modding (so you KNOW the game will disappear when the developers decide it's not making enough money, and all you purchases will be for naught), almost no Metagame (it's seriously got no depth between games), more I've missed.

It's just a disappointment.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Sep 7, 2014, 20:09 verybad1

I just subscribed to him after watching that. I've got nothing but respect for somebody like this. Absolutely wonderful review, and highly amusing as well.

"I'd rather have Anal sex with a Hippo during mating season with all it's buddies in a swamp than play this game."

Breath of fresh air.

News Comments > Spacecom This Month
2. Re: Spacecom This Month Sep 6, 2014, 13:52 verybad1

Kinda interested. Won't be a hi selling game, but it just might have some depth to it.  

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation in Stores
25. Re: Planetary Annihilation in Stores Sep 5, 2014, 16:59 verybad1

The Homeworld mention just made me think of how awesome adding homeworld elements to the orbital fighting (currently ok, but more unit types would be nice) would be.

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 2014, 17:09.

News Comments > Chaos Rising Removes GFWL
12. Re: Chaos Rising Removes GFWL Sep 5, 2014, 16:57 verybad1

Kajetan wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 13:53:
Achievements are old news. Steam trading cards are the new fad. More and more you read that people will not buy a game when it does not have trading cards. And trading cards i'll get LESS than achievements. Why? Why is this more important than playing the game?

But i can ignore trading cards a LOT more easier than achievements, so ... if it makes some people happy, go for it.

Trading cards?? Digital trading cards or the lack thereof are affecting people's purchase decisions. What kind of candyass species are we turning into? I have no hope for us, if the borg show up, I'm gonna tell them, sure assimilate us, but you'll regret it.

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation in Stores
19. Re: Planetary Annihilation in Stores Sep 5, 2014, 13:11 verybad1

Hrmm. Different strokes for different folks I guess. I very much like this game. It's got enormous armies, and multiple planets systems can have a lot of strategic fighting.

It's a bigger battlefield than most. Now the Galactic war bit could use a lot of work, but the Skirmish is good, and the AI is very good.

IT has a real feeling of "big" when you're developing your fleet to crack their orbital defenses so you can land or teleport a force and take their rock. When someone has more than a single planet in their hands and developing super weapons (multiple nuke fields, Halleys or Deathstars Anhilation Lasers.

Dunno, I think the game is very good, not perfect, but it's got strategy in it. A big game where people don't all start on the same planet can go for a while, but the rush option is still there if you're on the same ball.

Areas that could get better are probably #1 in the linked game system (Galactic Annhilation) It's got no campaign with a story, but they told us it wouldn't from the start.

I like it, others may not but I just don't understand why. It's more similar to Total Annihilation than to Supreme Commander. These guys made all of those games though, it's got good gameplay in it.

News Comments > Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated
24. Re: Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated Sep 4, 2014, 13:05 verybad1

Beamer wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 11:06:
Imagine all the time you spend posting on Bluesnews.
Now, imagine if, instead of posting on Bluesnews, you were watching a tiny little guy in your computer post on Bluesnews. For hours.

Oh shit, what if we ARE those little guys in the computer posting on Blues. My mind is blown!

I'm still not buying no Sims though, I won't even bother pirating it. IMO if it's worth pirating, then it's worth paying for. It's neither.

I'm kind of amused at idiot trying to get support for a stolen version though, in this case I think Maxis deserves it's lolz.

News Comments > The Sims 4 and Patch Released
3. Re: The Sims 4 and Patch Released Sep 2, 2014, 13:24 verybad1

If you can make them get into fist (or knife)fights, form or join violent drug dealing gangs, or become homeless drunks, it might be more interesting. Just don't see the point of this however.

Seems boring without being able to really create some truly messed up situations.

News Comments > The Sims 4 Preloads
2. Re: The Sims 4 Preloads Aug 31, 2014, 13:49 verybad1

Now if they let me combine Planetary Annihilation with other players playing Sims 4, THEN I'd be interested.

PA's release edition is out on steam for backers and founders so I'm dloading that now.

I would so love to walk my AI hordes into a Sims community to fix the social problems.

I got fooled with SimCity 4, looked beautiful in prerelease hype, then you find out the thing only goes to like 10,000 people or something(I forget now) and that each different city is like a fricking neighborhood rather than a fucking city.

Ugh, it would take a lot to make me buy an EA game also.
Quote on the "Fool me twice shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" bit.

EA's run by dickheads, it's all about the money, and while a company has to make a profit to stay around, EA's just about assfucking it's customers for whatever it can get.

No thanks.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
6. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 23, 2014, 16:38 verybad1

Saw a few Destiny commercials and quite frankly it doesn't look all that great. Looks like it's just repetitive.

*meh* indeed. Don't care if it's PC or console, just care if it's a decent game. Some pretty pictures but the animation looks to anime just doesn't excite me.

News Comments > Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming
66. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 23, 2014, 13:13 verybad1

If that was done by someone else then yeah, it's pretty screwed up, however if he did it to himself it's pathetic.  

News Comments > Ancient Space Announced
7. Re: Ancient Space Announced Aug 21, 2014, 12:57 verybad1

O got a definite Homeworld feel to it also. It's on my "to follow" list....

Shit, who am I fooling, I'll buy it asap. Space games give me wood.

125 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo