Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for verybad1

Real Name verybad1   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname verybad1
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 8, 2013, 20:19
Total Comments 203 (Novice)
User ID 57946

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Evolve Unlocks in Match-3 Game
9. Re: Into the Black Jan 31, 2015, 20:41 verybad1

Hope it fails, and I hope it puts them out of business. Sick of money first games.

I'm fine with people making money off their work, but when the thing just looks like "Hey, lets make money off of those stupid customers, they won't understand that we're screwing them." kind of systems. Them I'm not gonna help them along. The basic idea for the game is pretty cool, but the money first crap has got to go.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sid Meier's Starships Video
7. Re: Sid Meier's Starships Video Jan 30, 2015, 21:14 verybad1

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 18:28:
I couldn't get through even two minutes of that gameplay. He is a HORRIBLE broadcaster and public speaker. It's 50% words and 50% smacking lips, gasping breaths, and UM, AH, UH. It's really awful.

I can forgive him for not being a great broadcaster considering his games have provided me with literally THOUSANDS of hours of entertainment. Completely forgiven in fact.

News Comments > Void Destroyer Released
10. Re: Void Destroyer Released Jan 23, 2015, 19:58 verybad1

Cheaper than a good hamburger, I'm buying it.  

News Comments > The Sims 4 Free for 48 Hours on Origin
5. Re: The Sims 4 Free for 48 Hours on Origin Jan 23, 2015, 14:25 verybad1

Fantaz wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 13:55:
I wouldn't say "free", more like a demo/trial.
Uhh, yeah, that's also known as free. You're not paying, you get 48 hours of play available, that's free, call it what you want I guess, and I hate EA as much as everyone else, but free is free.

I don't want the game, I did check a couple games on YouTube to see how it was, but it doesn't really appeal to me. Maxis hasn't been the same since EA took over them in any case.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Dropping Subscriptions in March
17. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Dropping Subscriptions in March Jan 21, 2015, 14:00 verybad1

Good, now they can focus on Skyrim 2 (or whatever they want to call it)  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2015, 17:45 verybad1

Pigeon wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 11:09:
Maybe the Packers should have been ruthless too. While it may seem like a dick move, there's something to be said for not relenting even if it appears you have the game in hand. The other team doesn't get to the conference championship because they suck.

Absolutely agree, it seemed to me that they were playing as though it was in hand at the end of that game, Seattle didn't give up, and not being ruthless ended up hurting Green Bay. Nice guys did finish last...

News Comments > Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Announced
9. Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Announced Jan 18, 2015, 13:41 verybad1

The Emperor's Captains do not accept defeat. You'll be meeting with an inquisitor shortly.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 17, 2015, 14:50 verybad1

jdreyer wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 14:47:
Wireless Charging Looks to Go Mainstream in 2015.

Maybe in the garage, but I can't see being in the proximity of a powerful electromagnetic field for hours at a time being good for you.
Yeah, that just seems like a "Well, we didn't realize it would cause cancer in all your organs." Kind of press release in about 4-6 years.

News Comments > European Ship Simulator Next Month
2. Re: European Ship Simulator Next Month Jan 17, 2015, 14:45 verybad1

Are there pirates, and can you be a pirate? Also, can you play MP and ram other people's ships?

These are important things to have in a ship simulator.

News Comments > H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology
11. Re: H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology Jan 17, 2015, 14:38 verybad1

So a PTW, Zombie, Early Access game ISN'T a new idea...!

Well gosh golly, I'da thought that would get everyone excited.

Seriously, WTF are there so many damned Zombie games? I don't mind a few sure, but it's effing ridiculous.

This comment was edited on Jan 17, 2015, 14:48.

4. Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Announced Jan 16, 2015, 23:30 verybad1

Asmodai wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 20:54:
Wtb tyrannid playable faction...

Why the hate for the universe consuming plague..? Srsly ; )
Well Tyrannids would make for terrible DLC...

Giving Focus Home Interactive's track record with their city games, they would probably add Tyrannids in a completely new Battlefleet Gothic II game but forget to put the Chaos fleet in that one...

Who knows, I hope they do it right, but I'm not going to raise my own hope.

1. Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Announced Jan 16, 2015, 19:32 verybad1

Nice pics! I can't wait to see a review by someone I respect after this game is launched so that I can decide whether or not I want to buy this game

I certainly won't buy it early, but they do have my attention. Good job marketers, please don't push your creative people to release the game before it's ready, as it could be a winner.

News Comments > Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations
32. Re: Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations Jan 16, 2015, 19:25 verybad1

NKD wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 17:49:
I know it's popular to shit on Watch Dogs around here as if it's the worst game of all time, but I think with a little iteration and the huge amount of player feedback they have gotten, a sequel could be leaps and bounds better.

Yeah, that's how these things generally work out...

News Comments > CITIES XXL Trailer; Preorders; Discounts
9. Re: CITIES XXL Trailer; Preorders; Discounts Jan 16, 2015, 15:06 verybad1

Slick wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 14:56:
someone brought up the idea of splicing SIMS with GTA, so the city populated with the characters that everyone actually created online.

Yeah, that was me too LOLZ.

In a way, it would be a free way for them to generate characters that seemed interesting. Sims is so pussified, but a real character game with violence in it using Sims like people generated in Sims, along with interesting landscapes/cities also generated in a sim-type game would be ludicrously cool. I wish I were smart enough to do it myself, but...I'm not.

So one person might just run their sim in a city that another person generated, and a third person could run an RTS through that city, while a fouth person runs an FPS fighting against the invading robots.

All the same content (rendered at different levels depending on the game genre, plus it's got the benefit of stuff making sense in the world because they're sim based.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Jan 16, 2015, 14:53 verybad1

"Journalists"

Yeah. Now don't get me wrong, love is a great thing, but the guy should separate himself from Ubisoft related stuff. Real journalists do that sort of thing all the time.

They aren't journalists however, they're advertisement salespeople. You want real reviews, go to Youtube and see stuff by Worth a Buy, Angry Joe Show, or Total Biscuit, not these paid off magazines.

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2015, 15:28.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Free Weekend
10. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Free Weekend Jan 16, 2015, 14:43 verybad1

I'll probably pick it up in a few years after they release their next big thing and it's under $20 with all the add-ons. I can't be bothered with it right now however, even if it's free. Probably be decent in the long run.  

News Comments > CITIES XXL Trailer; Preorders; Discounts
7. Re: CITIES XXL Trailer; Preorders; Discounts Jan 16, 2015, 14:38 verybad1

Skyline is the one I'm interested in, though I'm not buying prerelease, I've drowned off of that boat one too many times.

I bought one of these cities XL releases a few years back and it was just boring.

You're know what would be fun, if the Planetary Annhilation guys got together with a cities management team and they let you play an RTS through a huge city you created...oooh, with sims from the sims games to step on...

*sigh* Killing the things you love...

News Comments > Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations
26. Re: Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations Jan 16, 2015, 14:31 verybad1

NegaDeath wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 13:58:
Wait, shit, I just had a brilliant idea. The only team there that appears to be overachieving is the marketing dept, right? Move them to game development! Move the game development team to marketing! Better games with less bullshit advertising.

Brilliant! Yeah, the marketing team IS actually competent, they did their job.

Now what happened to the development team, did they fail due to being incompetent, or did management tell them when the game was done due to sales timeframe desires rather than the desire to make a good game?

Cause I bet the creative/programming team probably COULD have made a decent game if they weren't constrained by management.

Now of course, you have to make money if you're a big company and spending lots of money on so-called AAA products, but those timeframe issues are often why stuff made by big companies has the same issues over and over.

News Comments > Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash
26. Re: Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash Jan 15, 2015, 14:48 verybad1

Cutter wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 11:32:
So if they're so concerned about the community why not release an editor and allow people to build their own stuff?

Here's the EA 2K conversation:
"Well, we could still monetize it, and that would be great, but then we might run into copyright issues, so it's best we don't allow it...besides, it's not like this will be selling very long after we actually release it. Ideally, it's best we sell to the idiot fan boys that bought into the movies we fed them before they have their hopes shattered like always."

If there's editors, they can't monetize it without checking for copyright issues, and if they have to do that, then it's extra work, so why release an editor, they can just do DLC till it stops selling and move on, they don't want a game that lasts 4 or 5 years in play, because that can damage sales for the next big thing.

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Nominees
20. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Nominees Jan 14, 2015, 20:11 verybad1

Hrrmm, should I take their word, or should I take people like Angry Joe Show or Worth a Buy (both on YouTube) for legitimate, unbiased, unbought advice on what games I should try? Decisions, decisions...  

203 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo