Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for verybad1

Real Name verybad1   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname verybad1
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 8, 2013, 20:19
Total Comments 90 (Suspect)
User ID 57946

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion New Frontiers Edition
13. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion New Frontiers Edition Jul 25, 2014, 18:05 verybad1

Great game, but they need to be working on version 2 rather than putting out rather limited DLCs and endless "new" versions. It's what8 years old now or so?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Next DOOM Details Next Year
1. Re: Next DOOM Details Next Year Jul 19, 2014, 14:02 verybad1

This isn't at all a marketing thing. They just wanted to show a few people that it's still a viable game.

Gotta admit it's working, I really do want to see what they saw.

News Comments > Gigantic Announced
6. Re: Gigantic Announced Jul 16, 2014, 00:54 verybad1

If it's F2P and comes with a paper manual, then I may get this if I run out of toilet paper.  

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor Trailer
4. Re: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Jul 12, 2014, 01:04 verybad1

Gotta say, it looks really intriguing with the different systems they're trying out (nemesis system sounds very cool)  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 2, 2014, 21:58 verybad1

jdreyer wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 21:07:
Pickup-driving, Nascar-watching, burger-eating, butt-scratching, straight, white males. Only.
In South Korea...

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 2, 2014, 21:56 verybad1

They're doing it because sports not in the "esports" category are separated by gender and are regarded as more legitimate sports.

Sorry folks, but esports are not sports. It's a game, so call it a game. It can take skill, it can even take some level of endurance, but trying to get it regarded as a more legitimate sport by separating it through gender is about as ridiculously stupid as it can get. There's no clear gender advantage in video games (other than some being played more by one gender than others)

I don't think I can call it biased because they do have female only "e-sports" in their tournaments. It's just plane stupid.

Were there a clear advantage to one gender or the other then yeah, I could understand that, but there isn't, so it's stupid. (Then again, the term esports is also stupid. I love games obviously I wouldn't be here if I didn't) but games aren't sports so don't make up stupid rules that make people think the tournaments are even dumber than they are.

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Goes Offline
24. Re: Age of Empires Online Goes Offline Jul 2, 2014, 13:33 verybad1

Primalchrome wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 11:05:
Task wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 10:52:
I'm curious when a headline will say mech warrior online goes offline, since micro$haft is getting a quick buck from that as well by loaning out the license, it has a smaller or similar population to this game (as in extremely niche)
Not going to happen any time soon. They released the clan mechs a couple of weeks ago. This provides them a massive cash influx that should push it through at least another couple of years.

I think the Clan money influx was a relative thing. Probably a few million dollars. So yeah, lots for an individual, but if you're running a company, not all that much when you're paying @ 50 people's salary. The game still needs something other than FPS shooter. It's not growing, just living on the people that still play it.

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation Early Access Spotted at Retail
19. Re: Planetary Annihilation Early Access Spotted at Retail Jun 30, 2014, 14:10 verybad1

The game is currently very fun, I would recommend it for any RTS enjoyer.

However I don't like the idea of hardcopy Early Access, both because it will bring in idiots that don't know what early access is, and because it could potentially give a poor first look to some people.

I enjoy it as is, don't have too many bugs, but I would like for the game to live long and prosper, and I hope this doesn't damage it's long life potential.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
11. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 27, 2014, 18:09 verybad1

Cutter wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 17:22:
Boy, I wish I had me one o' them battlesuits.

Unless you're 8 feet tall and 500 pounds but in perfect shape, they wouldn't fit well. The Emperor's Marines are "changed" when they become marines.

*Christ* I'm a frikkin' nerd. Hold on, I'll go get a beer.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
9. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 27, 2014, 17:46 verybad1

Dunno how the game will be, but damn cool Trailer, I wish they'd make a full length movie.

Just another day at work for a Space Marine!

News Comments > Hello Games "Would Like" to Bring No Man's Sky to PCs
25. Re: Hello Games Jun 25, 2014, 14:02 verybad1

Overon wrote on Jun 25, 2014, 13:51:
If it ever comes to PC, it will hampered down by ps4 console limitations built in. So meh.

*meh* as regards to that, the PS4 is capable enough that most limitations based on the machine shouldn't necessarily make the result a bad game on PC. Early Xbox360 and PS3 games were fine for the time on PC (if the original game was good to begin with, and they did a decent job bringing it over)

Would the game test a top line PC game now? No, but that's not what defines good gameplay.

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 2014, 14:07.

News Comments > Hello Games "Would Like" to Bring No Man's Sky to PCs
22. Re: Hello Games Jun 25, 2014, 13:33 verybad1

It's still a game I'm interested in as it looks real nice. However, I don't want a bright colored screensaver that gives me half an hour of playtime before I'm bored.

It's a wait for review bit certainly. I want it to work out, but as mentioned earlier in this thread, plenty of red flags that must be proven false before I drop down the cash.

As for it being PS4 first, well Sony dropped the cash, they bought the option when this team was probably eating stale bread for dinner and waiting for paychecks till after the release so I'm not too upset about that.

Again, I hope it lives up to the hype, as we're all winners then if it does make it to PC, however currently it is just hype, with some pretty pictures and movies to go with it.

News Comments > GameStar: Crytek in Financial Trouble
29. Re: GameStar: Crytek in Financial Trouble Jun 22, 2014, 19:19 verybad1

I was gonna mention the id thing myself.

WTF do they have 800 employees though? Presumably they're working on a few games that aren't yet mentioned I suppose, but that's means they're essentially spending about a million dollars a week on payroll (random guess)

They obviously need to cut some costs. Sorry for the people involved but...

Would rather they stay viable because more companies in the engine mix is healthier for the industry, so hope they get by.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 22, 2014, 19:09 verybad1

Fuckyahhh! Skyrim. I seriously hope they make another single player in this line as I've no interest in MMOs. The game has certainly kept on selling.

Fus Ro Dah!

News Comments > Pixel Piracy Dev Suggests Piracy, Wins
9. Re: Pixel Piracy Dev Suggests Piracy, Wins Jun 22, 2014, 18:57 verybad1

Think I'll buy it also because the guy seems like a decent human being. Watched a bit of it on YouTube, could be fun.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 15, 2014, 14:45 verybad1

I've found that I have so many games on Steam now that I can come back to the library and find games I don't even remember buying...and have never tried. Early Access however is a different name for free beta testing by the public or buggy release.

My concern is that if companies tend to make more of their money this way than after the "true" release, then how motivated will they be to fix the problems?

News Comments > Dreadnought Announced
16. Re: Dreadnought Announced Jun 11, 2014, 01:31 verybad1

Crap. If it's F2P then it's of the radar. Hope that system goes away at some point.  

News Comments > DOOM Teaser Trailer
16. Re: DOOM Teaser Trailer Jun 11, 2014, 00:44 verybad1

Well, in and of itself, the trailer was pretty cool for a reveal. It doesn't tell us anything about the game, but it's Doom, and I still love Doom, and I still remember what Doom was like when I first saw it on the screen (graphics were OMG at the time)

So I can't help but pay attention. I WANT ID to make it work, because it's Doom. I don't in particular like what the company has become, but I want the IP to somehow make it back. Can't help myself...Even if I fill guilty about it.

News Comments > Alien Isolation Trailer
10. Re: Alien Isolation Trailer Jun 11, 2014, 00:29 verybad1

Well, nobody will know till it's actually released, but this game does look like the developers REALLY like the original, and it does look like it's gonna make me poop a lot if I even have the balls to play it.

As always, will NEVER buy a prerelease again, but it's on the radar.

News Comments > Dreadnought Announced
6. Re: Dreadnaught Announced Jun 10, 2014, 13:30 verybad1

Well cool video. Will look out for gameplay. The video told us nothing about the actual game. *shrugs*  

90 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo