Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for harlock

Real Name harlock   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 30, 2013, 21:34
Total Comments 1209 (Pro)
User ID 57944

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - 4K PC Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
5. Re: Ship Ahoy - 4K PC Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Dec 18, 2014, 20:07 harlock

word is the mission can be completed in 20 min if you want to rush through it and you know what you are doing

but you can also sandbox the mission a bunch apparently

it runs pretty damn well, so at least its solid technically

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dying Light Interactive Trailer
4. Re: Dying Light Interactive Trailer Dec 17, 2014, 20:07 harlock

fun

wasnt really looking forward to this but lately ive been changing my mind on that

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
9. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 09:24 harlock

InBlack wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:18:
shul wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:16:
I'm sorry, but I've watched the trailer and the game makes me sick.

I know that if I don't like it I don't need to play it but putting stuff like that out there is like poisoning minds.

Maybe that is the point?? Maybe its supposed to make you sick, the same way a shocking book or movie is supposed to shock you, leave an impact, and some food for thought. There is no way to tell until the game hits the shelves and we learn some more about the story (or the lack of one).

seems to hint you end up in hell as the final area - as to how the story wraps up, who knows, but i doubt its a happy ending

News Comments > GTA Online Heists Early Next Year; Trailer
5. Re: GTA Online Heists Early Next Year; Trailer Dec 16, 2014, 23:19 harlock

wouldnt really be surprised if it came out with PC version  

News Comments > Hatred Gets Steam Redlight
71. Re: snap into it Dec 16, 2014, 16:08 harlock

jdreyer wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 14:55:
Sure, violence is violence, but we're not Jains. We live in a society that justifies violence and killing in certain circumstances: self-defense, war, etc.

thats right, and its hypocritical at the root..

its certainly not black and white, its all shades of grey - yet people fail to see it that way, its always "good vs evil", extremely binary and therefore one-sided perspectives which occlude the actual reality of the situation

society is in no way "altruistic" or even "fair" whatsoever at the largest macro level - the law of the jungle is still the primary motivational force, money rules all and its the only thing that matters to most people (who will kick their own grandma in the teeth just for another handful)

jdreyer wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 14:55:
Context matters, be it in real life or in fantasy.

yeh thats the whole thing of it - only a society like ours could produce a work such as this game - its a product of the environment and if people dont like it, then its doing its job quite well IMHO

people are just monkeys pretending not to be.. its a fucking joke, they are just as bad and in many ways worse. when it comes to nuts and bolts reality, nobody "gets it" - and thats a big problem

they need their little golden cages rattled - its for their own "good". its time to wake up, because population growth isnt slowing down and the sheer lack of situational awareness will kill off the species sooner rather than later (in geological terms)

everybody is so busy trying to pull each others strings they cant see how many are attached to themselves.. its a mess, and it wont get better without some serious pain, because people are too stupid to do it themselves - they have to be forced into it

so yeh, if this shit pisses you off and makes you feel like a hero for "doing the right thing" by turning up your nose... then, excellent - everything is going to plan... and you wont see it coming when your glass house shatters into a million jagged peices... shredding you to dust

69. snap into it Dec 16, 2014, 13:19 harlock

the most hilarious thing about this is these idiots debating over the validity of rationalizing their violent indulgences by fighting "monsters" instead of a straight up murder simulator that glorifies violence, cruelty and mindless bloodshed to the Nth degree

violence is still violence - thats the INTENT.. injury and death by force. Violence is violence, its part of life - plenty people are completely fucking ignorant murderous assholes IN REAL LIFE, like all the pigs on the news these days ..

kill or be killed, dog eat dog - but OH NO! theres a video game that makes psychotic violence the main point... now what? a cognitive dissonance bonanza - so for that alone, good job devs

now, lets hear more of these self-righteous hypocrites talking about how moral and superior they are... cmon, wind it up, get it as twisted as you can Mwahaha

News Comments > Ciri Confirmed for The Witcher 3
7. Re: Ciri Confirmed for The Witcher 3 Dec 16, 2014, 11:46 harlock

im not really a fan of this kind of fragmented gameplay, especially in an RPG where you tend to get much more invested in your own character as you play

with that said... its witcher 3 so its day one purchase and im fairly sure it will set a new standard for open world RPGs

but yeh... not really a fan of the breakaway narrative thing... its kinda like games that make you play a characters memories or something like that - it gives a disjointed feeling.. its like, if its a memory, then its already been done - so how can it fail or go another way? i dunno, i dont like it tho

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
2. Re: Ship Ahoy - Crusader Kings II: Way of Life Dec 16, 2014, 10:22 harlock

Desalus wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 10:06:
More paid content...just what this game needs. I believe this is the 9th expansion, along with the 36+ minor DLC!

yeh i havent played this in years, mainly because they keep releasing significant additions all the time

probly gonna wait for a few more years and then buy the "super ultimate mega bundle" that has everything included... shit will probably be 100GB by then too

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2014, 22:12 harlock

InBlack wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 10:58:
harlock wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 10:12:
InBlack wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 09:56:
(by punk standards: the best bend ever)

ha no fucking way

Do tell...

first of all, its by your standards.. you dont speak for "punk" in general..

but id put Chrome and Devo up top.. Black Flag and Subhumans as well.. Misfits and Exploited for style points i guess.. Crass and Fear rounding it out a bit

plenty of punk bands much more "punk" than the fucking clash.. they are a great band, but hell no they arent "the best band ever - simpsons guy"

17. Re: Hatred Gets Steam Redlight Dec 15, 2014, 22:08 harlock

they are definitely making "trenchcoat mafia 2015".. its directly aimed at a certain set of people, with the danzig lookalike main character and all that

they captured the vibe really well (as its legit disturbing), and yeh its actually well done and not a pile of garbage technically

im not interested in it but plenty of kids will be, i wouldnt be surprised if it gets picked up somewhere else

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2014, 10:12 harlock

InBlack wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 09:56:
(by punk standards: the best bend ever)

ha no fucking way

News Comments > Limit Theory Video
18. Re: Limit Theory Video Dec 15, 2014, 09:32 harlock

Slashman wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 07:24:
Currently the AI can mine, trade, buy equipment, hire other NPCs, declare war all on its own. If I'm not mistaken, it can also offer the player missions.

but it cant fight, or organize tactical scenarios... which is a huge part of the game, and its no small thing to program competent combat AIs

Slashman wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 07:24:
If he promised something more, I missed it, and I've been following this pretty closely.

you did miss the combat side of it, not sure how but whatever

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 14, 2014, 21:28 harlock

Jerykk wrote on Dec 14, 2014, 19:14:
Still don't understand this logic.

this will help you understand:

plenty of people are really fucking stupid

10. Re: Limit Theory Video Dec 14, 2014, 16:48 harlock

DangerDog wrote on Dec 14, 2014, 16:34:
$180,000 seems too low of a price for the quality he's putting out.

nothing is being spent on employees, external assets, or marketing... 180k is more than plenty for the scope of this project

the only question is will it ever be released in a "complete" form, or will it just be a stepping stone to something much bigger

harlock wrote on May 12, 2014, 22:21:
i dont know man.. my gut feeling is that this project will be scrapped in favor of 2.0, or woefully scaled back at some point

hes like "oh btw i had to turn off collisions" saying he gonna fix performance later, but dude - if you cant support collisions at this scale, then how the fuck are you going to support all the possible weapons fire, tracked ordinance, particle fx, etc. etc. that willl inevitably occur between npcs as well as players, ON TOP OF collisions to begin with? and he hasnt even touched military/tactical AI, which im sure will put the hurt on some cycles

while i really dig what this guy has done, especially in terms of UI (which is probably the best of all time anywhere) it always comes across as a tech demo or proof of concept to me, every feature, every update just seems like another checkbox floating in a void by itself

i feel like its possible to bring it all together, but yeh im not seeing it anytime soon right now.. maybe a year or two more.. and by then, why not move on to another version with all that has been learned?

im skeptical... id really like to be wrong on this tho

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Dec 14, 2014, 16:41 harlock

combat in dead state is less complex than casual mobile TBS games.. and thats a problem since its a central feature and you spend so much time on it

wasteland 2 was almost too simple, but this is definitely way too simple

im not willing to slog thru the boredom just to play it - the rest of the game doesnt justify it at all

1. Re: Limit Theory Video Dec 14, 2014, 13:16 harlock

the unfocused and rambling nature of these videos has become more and more telling as time goes by

harlock wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 12:25:
limit theory looks pretty damn good, especially the futuristic UI.. but i think the guy needs to hire a team so he can get more content thrown in there, and also meet deadlines quicker... i dont think there is anyway it will be moderately complete before next year, even if it is released sooner

News Comments > Raven's Cry Delayed
3. Re: Raven's Cry Delayed Dec 13, 2014, 23:21 harlock

netnerd85 wrote on Dec 13, 2014, 22:49:
Another delay. Jan? Oh yeah, sure... sure...

maybe they dont want to compete with the xmas market

News Comments > Saturday Previews
1. oh yeh? Dec 13, 2014, 16:40 harlock

Performance, on the other hand, has basically been perfect throughout. Iím running Dying Light on pretty much the highest settings I can find and while there are a few stutters when itís presumably loading a new area, itís generally silky smooth Ė not bad for something thatís still a couple of months out.

News Comments > The Original Strife: Veteran Edition Released
1. Re: The Original Strife: Veteran Edition Released Dec 13, 2014, 10:39 harlock

loved this game back in the day  

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2014, 09:30 harlock

must they?  

1209 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo