Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for harlock

Real Name harlock   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 30, 2013, 21:34
Total Comments 1158 (Pro)
User ID 57944

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
9. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 21, 2014, 15:16 harlock

there's also no day/night cycle, and relevant scheduling for NPCs... which is much more immersion breaking

but its still a really fun game

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
118. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 20, 2014, 22:58 harlock

man this game requires a controller... mouse and keyboard is bullshit

considering how streamlined everything is, im really enjoying it

i feel like bioware has become their own genre at this point - because this game is more like a choose your own adventure with rpg features and lite strategy management or something... its very far from a "hardcore" rpg in the traditional sense, and yet its fucking super deep

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective
65. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 19, 2014, 12:25 harlock

IAMLIT_REFLEX wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 12:05:
The reality is if you use ANYTHING but Firefox you are leaving the door to malicious scripts WIDE OPEN guys.

ONLY the use of NoScript! will give you GOOD protection from malicious scripting AND OTHER methods of attack.

There IS a NoScript! wanna-be for Chrome but I investigated it and concluded that I simply could not settle for such an inferior product.

I highly recommend that you all switch to the 64 bit version of the only optimized build of Firefox on Windows. It's called Pale Moon and it's all the work of ONE SINGLE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly you gotta be crazy to do anything else....

And please tell me you use ESET anti-virus instead of some shitty old free AV...

Spoiler: if you think it's safe to pirate binary data (games, applications and potentially e-books... anything that can be infected with malware IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) you're in for a rude awakening.....

YOU CANT FOOL ME, ILLUMINATI! INTERNET EXPLORER IS THE BEST!

News Comments > Goat Simulator Free MMO Expansion Thursday
26. Re: Goat Simulator Free MMO Expansion Thursday Nov 17, 2014, 19:45 harlock

Endo wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 18:55:
harlock wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 11:51:
Endo wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 11:00:
Looks cool, but I don't see anything in the video that remotely resembles an MMO.

congratulations, you're blind

So go ahead, tell us what you thought you saw that resembled an MMO, and I'll tell you why you were wrong.

you've never seen an MMO with a medieval fantasy setting?

again, congratulations on your blindness

News Comments > Postal Redux Plans
10. Re: Postal Redux Plans Nov 17, 2014, 12:42 harlock

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 09:37:
I still don't understand how this developer still exists. They've released 3 games, none of them sold well (Hell, Postal 3 never even came out in North America) and there's been years between them. In an era where one flop can kill a studio, I seriously don't know how how these guys make money.

its low budget... entirely different scene

11. removed Nov 17, 2014, 12:35 harlock

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 17, 2014, 13:15.

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
217. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 12:25 harlock

i always thought it was MP only anyways

but it dont matter there are plenty of games out there if you dont like this one

the whining and the crying and all that.. its fucking hilarious tho - WAAAHH!! lol thanks for the laugh, kids

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads
43. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads Nov 17, 2014, 12:05 harlock

Cpmartins wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 22:39:
A warning for some of you with SSDs. I found this on a thread on one of the forums I go to. I's about Lords of the Fallen DRM, Denuovo, which is what DA:I will be using:

"Resource monitors for RAM and CPU consumption numbers, memory viewer for trying to figure out what makes it tick and track address issues, SSD analysis tools for those delicious dead blocks and data tracking
Wanna know average number of times parts of LotF exe code are fucked around between RAM and HDD in the span of one hour? 150000 copy/write iterations. That's about 10000 times more than usual. DRM constantly decrypts the game code into the memory and encrypts it back. This is the most bullshit usage of encryption software I've ever stumbled upon. And even though code chunks are quite small(couple of kilobytes per go at worst), they are all stored in one memory block. And playing the game for 4-8 hours(depends on SSD quality) means that you can say goodbye to that block.
"

if this is true and provable, its grounds for a class action suit

9. Re: Goat Simulator Free MMO Expansion Thursday Nov 17, 2014, 11:51 harlock

Endo wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 11:00:
Looks cool, but I don't see anything in the video that remotely resembles an MMO.

congratulations, you're blind

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
65. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 15:49 harlock

DangerDog wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 15:16:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 15:00:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 14:46:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 14:14:
Welp, they just lost my money. A shame, too. I was really looking forward to this.

Come on, for real? Having it be completely off-line is that big of a deal?

Yup.
1. I am often places where there is no internet connection when I play due to work.

2. I rarely play online games. I'm pretty much an SP player and have no desire to play with strangers.

We all know it's because they don't want to have their game pirated, any other excuse doesn't float because they managed to make Elite work on much less hardware in the 80's. They don't have a rich enough online tapestry to draw people into buying the game for that "whole experience".
It appears that while "protecting" themselves from lost sales due to piracy, they'll also lose sales due to this decision.

People are perfectly okay with Steam DRM but come out screaming with pitchforks when anyone else implements it.
Steam has an offline mode idiot. I can go months without connecting, and have.

Requiring an internet connection is the least of your problems if you can't afford the hardware needed to get the full experience - high end graphics card, joystick and throttle setup, head tracking device (TrackIR or FreeTrack) or a Rift VR headset even.
I have $2000 worth of hardware and a HOTAS, and will be getting OR CV1 upon it's debut. It's not a question of money. It's a question of preference.

You can still play solo mode, you obviously have an internet connection which invalidates your reason for not getting the game.

You can't tell me that you're hauling around $2000 worth of gear to play games offline, where on the planet are you going where you don't have access to internet if you have access to power?

Republic of Jackasses, of course

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Patch and Workarounds
22. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Patch and Workarounds Nov 15, 2014, 20:34 harlock

beremot wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 15:57:
Beelzebud wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 13:41:

Was there even one Black Flag song on their last game? These guy's are frauds!

I'm pretty sure I heard both "Depression" and "White Minority" in there somewhere.

and TV Party is one of the sea shanties

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2014, 15:54 harlock

jdreyer wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 13:12:
What We Really Know About Psychedelic Mushrooms.

I just know they're good. Really goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

Beatnik

yeh right... im sure youve heard about them tho

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Patch and Workarounds
15. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Patch and Workarounds Nov 15, 2014, 15:27 harlock

ive heard Rogue is awesome and this one is shit...  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads
29. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads Nov 15, 2014, 10:43 harlock

i think its gonna be pretty excellent, at least as good as DAO was at the time it was released - probably quite a bit better

however i have heard the main storyline plot quest is extremely similar to the oblivion thing with closing the gates and all that... which is disappointing but whatever

i ended up buying it for 44 from some polish site that resells game keys... kinda weird, seems a bit shady but whatever, its clearly a legit business

News Comments > Cinemaware Anthology: 1986-1991 Released
13. Re: Cinemaware Anthology: 1986-1991 Released Nov 14, 2014, 23:12 harlock

Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 22:13:
harlock wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 20:47:
anyone remember those bad ass "sex scenes" from Sinbad??

AWWWW YEH

About the only thing I remember from Sinbad is the sword fights with a freaking tiger or something...

haha you can find anything on youtube these days... it starts at 3:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0RK2CcpJCQ

News Comments > Cinemaware Anthology: 1986-1991 Released
9. Re: Cinemaware Anthology: 1986-1991 Released Nov 14, 2014, 20:47 harlock

anyone remember those bad ass "sex scenes" from Sinbad??

AWWWW YEH

News Comments > Grass Simulator Early Access
17. Re: Grass Simulator Early Access Nov 14, 2014, 20:41 harlock

Sho wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 18:12:
SirKnight wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 11:14:
Just watch, next there will be a Paint Drying Simulator.

Friends of mine actually used to work on simulating drying paint (as part of paint mixing behavior) for the brush engine system in a fairly well-known painting app.

cool story bro

News Comments > etc.
35. Re: etc. Nov 12, 2014, 10:10 harlock

heres the telling bit - if the agenda is to abolish misogyny from games, then wouldnt it only be a "win" if that happens? this is only a "win" if your mission is just getting publicity and attention... which is the only reason after all, and now they admit it  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P)
20. Re: Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P) Nov 12, 2014, 09:58 harlock

another thing that is awesome about JC2 is how super good the performance is, considering how good it looks and how the physics and destruction turn out... its not only one of the most fun games of all time, its also one of the best engines ive ever seen for a sandbox game

i cant wait for JC3, i wish they had waited until it was only a month away because now im gonna be thinking about it constantly for like a year

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Nov 11, 2014, 09:19 harlock

1badmf wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 08:42:
i've seen, it seems like he was subtly trolling her and she didn't even realize it. true or no?

truth

1158 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo