Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for harlock

Real Name harlock   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 30, 2013, 21:34
Total Comments 557 (Apprentice)
User ID 57944

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned
56. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 22, 2014, 18:32 harlock

Sepharo wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 01:33:
Alamar wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 00:47:
Creston wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 23:56:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 23:24:
I didn't say that. I simply reverse his/your way of thinking.

If you've fallen through the world does that mean it happens to everyone?

No!

Okay... then.

You're building a straw man argument. He never said it happened to everyone, just that it happened to him, multiple times, and therefore he didn't like the game. You countered that with a tone of "Well, it never happens to me, so it's an invalid argument."

It's a very, very, very, very, very, very, very often heard argument in PC gaming, and it's a terribly boring one. Be glad you didn't suffer from the issue. Other people are.

You're building a straw man argument. He never said it happened to no one, just that it didn't happen to him, multiple times, and he likes the game.

-Alamar

Duck season.

RABBIT SEASON

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Next Dragon Age Begins in October
33. Re: Next Dragon Age Begins in October Apr 22, 2014, 16:14 harlock

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 15:38:
How is that even considered "hate" ? Calm down, madam.

seems that the immense variability of people and things on the internet has deepened everyones need to see everything in black and white, i.e. "love or hate"

you see, its much easier to deal with shit when you dont have to navigate that pesky middle ground... it like, requires thought and shit

40. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 21, 2014, 19:25 harlock

[SC]TherMight wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 19:23:
As for bans or exploiters or bots this has not bothered me.
It is not hard to get hits on the boss of a dungeon with all the other yahoos hanging around. Sometimes I stop and farm a couple bosses before moving on but that takes too much time as the respawn timer is long now.

wow that sounds exciting

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Apr 21, 2014, 13:51 harlock

are the shadows voxel based?  

16. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 21, 2014, 12:40 harlock

Stanly Manly wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 12:11:
there are better MMO's available right now for free (and no I am not talking about all the crappy grinder clones).

so what are you talking about

News Comments > War of the Vikings Launches
4. Re: War of the Vikings Launches Apr 16, 2014, 11:41 harlock

animations look pretty bad  

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
85. Re: Some of you people amaze me... Apr 15, 2014, 16:57 harlock

Ryan Lange wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 16:03:
When they announce major new features as stretch goals, you bitch about how they'll never finish the game, or that it'll fall way short.

When they announce really minor things as stretch goals, you bitch about "million dollar horse armor".

Crying

52. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 12:56 harlock

Verno wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 12:27:
harlock wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 11:32:
you are fooling yourself if you think this development arc is timely, it will be many more years before you see half of what they promised for this

I never said anything about the development being timely, just that I'm not concerned based on whats been shown. Given the scope of the project the lack of a playable build doesn't surprise me. If they don't have anything by Christmas time then I'll start to wonder.

oh i thought that a retarded (literally) dev cycle would be the cause for concern, i guess i misunderstood your point

and i wouldnt put it past them to release a deathmatch alpha thats more bugged than BF4 on release, if they cant even get something like that out before end of year it would be very surprising... thing is, im not sure a demo like that would be a good indicator of real progress, seems like it would be an indicator of many more delays, leading to 5+ years more dev time

so would the scenario where this game takes over 7 more years to complete be a concern for you? or is that ok as well? personally, its looking like DNF all over again to me

26. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 11:32 harlock

Verno wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 11:20:
What they've done so far is pretty impressive in my opinion, I don't see any reason for concern so far.

what theyve done so far is pretty pathetic in my opinion.. its been over a year and a half, they dont even have a playable deathmatch arena mode

you are fooling yourself if you think this development arc is timely, it will be many more years before you see half of what they promised for this

but im not concerned either.. heh, thats an interesting comment tho

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Apr 15, 2014, 02:36 harlock

Jerykk wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 01:44:
harlock wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 00:08:
im lookin for pc version AC4 on sale

Amazon is selling it for $20.

AC4

thanks man! yeh the price is right

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 15, 2014, 00:41 harlock

Kosumo wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 20:43:
No GTA 5 PC so far makes Kosumo cry Cry Crying

i feel you

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Apr 15, 2014, 00:08 harlock

im lookin for pc version AC4 on sale  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 14, 2014, 12:31 harlock

Bill Borre wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 09:29:
lol. A Nietzsche quote on Blues. Awesome!

that quote is everywhere, easily his most famous

News Comments > DICE Looking Into BF4 "Death Shield" Bug
10. Re: DICE Looking Into BF4 Apr 14, 2014, 12:25 harlock

Numinar wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 12:12:
harlock wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 11:34:
how the fuck did DICE miss this

Same way we all did since Beta.

oh so you are a developer of the game as well? you wrote the code? implemented the assets? ran the QA?

News Comments > DICE Looking Into BF4 "Death Shield" Bug
7. Re: DICE Looking Into BF4 Apr 14, 2014, 11:34 harlock

how the fuck did DICE miss this  

News Comments > Watch Dogs PC Graphics
33. Re: Watch Dogs PC Graphics Apr 13, 2014, 00:22 harlock

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 22:59:
Redmask wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 21:11:
Also that the game's direction seems to have done a 180? Remember when they said "no real storyline"?

They've been pretty clear from the beginning that the game has a story, even going as far as giving you a major story sequence in the E3 trailer. If you're wrong about this then you might be wrong about other things regarding this game too, maybe worth a revisit to see if it changes your mind.

......Not sure why I have it stuck in my head that they said it wasn't direct and linear - but just googled and found an article from a year ago that said it was linear...damn......

its just another one of those games that has an open world tacked on to it.. its a GTA style thing

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2014, 23:57 harlock

Sepharo wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 21:15:
harlock wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 20:36:
one night i heard a strange screeching noise outside, i thought it was a creaky supermarket cart that had somehow found its way to my apt, but i went outside and heard it clearer.. it was almost like a group of birds choking on their own blood simultaneously, or megatron coughing up a really wet furball... it sounded like fucking boneless aliens or something, honestly

it was the absolute strangest noise ive ever heard in my life, i walked closer to the forest to try to find out what it was, but then it stopped and i never heard it again

I thought some really crazy sounding frogs were aliens one time. Was searching the neighborhood because it was so loud and almost electronic sounding. They didn't sound like any frogs I had heard before but everyone had a good laugh at my expense

this sounded tortured and gurgling, screechy - utterly unlike anything id heard in my 35 years prior - and ive lived out in the wilderness for months at a time on expeditions in mountains, plains, forests, etc.. i would have thought it was a wounded animal or something but it didnt have the feeling of "help im in pain!", more like a standard call and response.. it was truly an x-files moment for me.. i was completely sober btw

its just one of those memories i will never forget

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
140. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 12, 2014, 21:29 harlock

its really laughable how many of these fanboys think "omg people be hatin" is some kind of valid argument, or even worth stating in the first place
harlock wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 20:30:
no way in hell they will ever get all those "stretch features" into this game.. as it is, it will be AT LEAST 2 more years before its even ready to play in SP mode

im starting to forget about it already

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2014, 20:36 harlock

one night i heard a strange screeching noise outside, i thought it was a creaky supermarket cart that had somehow found its way to my apt, but i went outside and heard it clearer.. it was almost like a group of birds choking on their own blood simultaneously, or megatron coughing up a really wet furball... it sounded like fucking boneless aliens or something, honestly

it was the absolute strangest noise ive ever heard in my life, i walked closer to the forest to try to find out what it was, but then it stopped and i never heard it again

News Comments > Bound by Flame Trailer
7. Re: Bound by Flame Trailer Apr 12, 2014, 18:52 harlock

collisions are horrible  

557 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo