Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for harlock

Real Name harlock   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 30, 2013, 21:34
Total Comments 874 (Graduate)
User ID 57944

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 29, 2014, 11:05 harlock

man finally

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
16. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Jul 27, 2014, 10:02 harlock

Creston wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 09:51:
harlock wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 09:35:
the developers say they were "influenced" by AC, thats the extent of it

And by "influenced" they mean "We took like 80% of all AC's animations."

yeh its pretty blatant.. there was some controversy over that

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
13. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Jul 27, 2014, 09:35 harlock

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 05:08:
Yup, built on the AC engine. Looks cool, but I'm waiting for the reviews.

no thats wrong

its a new engine.. has nothing to do with ubisoft

the developers say they were "influenced" by AC, thats the extent of it

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. gods Jul 26, 2014, 00:07 harlock

it already looked really stupid and really not fun to me.. im surprised these guys thought it would be different somehow

"yay pixelart!" whatever, i like it too but come on.. the gameplay looked like total ass

News Comments > Evening Interviews
8. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 26, 2014, 00:01 harlock

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jul 25, 2014, 20:25:
John Romero's about to make consoles his bitch.

i thought he already made some russian mail order bride his bitch

News Comments > Son of Nor Early Access
1. Re: Son of Nor Early Access Jul 24, 2014, 21:10 harlock

oh when oh when shall we be free of the pernicious taint of dubstep?  

News Comments > 2K's BioShock Tease?
13. Re: 2K's BioShock Tease? Jul 24, 2014, 16:18 harlock

bioshock series is some of the most overhyped garbage of all time... those games are "ok" to "somewhat cool", not 10/10!! 100!! A+++!!

the story in infinite was soo fucking trite and predictable, and all the reviewers were like "it blew my mind! best story of all time! spectacular i never imagined anything as powerful!!" gimme a fucking break man

News Comments > Op Ed
46. Re: Op Ed Jul 23, 2014, 17:24 harlock

im insulted! and angry! and most importantly IM RIGHT!

what a rush

News Comments > WildStar Sabotage Announced
2. Re: WildStar Sabotage Announced Jul 22, 2014, 20:56 harlock

so while you sit back and wonder "why?", i got this fuckin thorn in my side  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 21, 2014, 06:08 harlock

Jerykk wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 22:30:
so that means Justin Beiber deserves his success? he is a supremely talented artist and thats why he's so popular?

He offers a product that many people are willing to pay for. That's why he's popular. Whether or not he has "talent" is completely subjective and largely irrelevant. People don't listen to Beiber because it's the cool thing to do. They listen to his music because they like it. So yes, he does deserve his success despite your personal opinion of his talent.

whether or not he is deserving of success or not is also a subjective opinion

you cant see that?

thats like saying people deserve to get murdered because someone wanted to murder them, so they did murder them

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 20, 2014, 22:39 harlock

people are still so self-centered they cant even face the facts about how utterly insignificant the human race is in the planetary scheme of things

weve created technology to handle everything for us, and sooner or later its going to get sticky there - the "singularity" event will happen, eventually there will be an AI that can redesign and re-engineer itself better than we can

cybernetics will be standard, genetic alteration will be standard - pure strain humans will cease to exist

those guys may have a better run at it

News Comments > Areal Funded; Putin a Backer?
31. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 20, 2014, 22:31 harlock

NewMaxx wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 22:04:
Task wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 16:30:
The kind of trash talk I'd expect from people that don't think on the basis of "Cui Bono?"

This from the guy who calls the U.S. a modern day Roman or Napoleon Empire equivalent. Educate yourself a little bit before you go spouting off about things you clearly don't understand.

yeh that was hilarious but i didnt even want to take the time to bother responding to it

"sky is blue! water is blue! sky is water!" herrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 20, 2014, 21:09 harlock

Jerykk wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 19:42:
The truth is that you simply dislike DayZ and don't understand its popularity and thus you feel obligated to dismiss its success as hollow and undeserved. It's a means of self-validation and lets you feel like your opinion is correct even if it conflicts with the opinions of the majority.

so that means Justin Beiber deserves his success? he is a supremely talented artist and thats why he's so popular?

also - btw:

84 percent of the world population has faith; a third are Christian. “Worldwide, more than eight-in-ten people identify with a religious group,”

so that must mean that God is real, right? the majority agrees with it

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 20, 2014, 19:48 harlock

jdreyer wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 19:30:
I don't know that it's necessary to know the origin of a phrase in order to be able to use it. As long as you can use it correctly it should be fine.

if a bunch of people agree the word "cheese" actually refers to a pickle.. it doesnt mean they are using it correctly.. it just means a bunch of wrong people agree with each other

thats the state of the world tho.. a bunch of stupid monkeys chattering away like idiots and circle jerking each other into thinking they are above everything else

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 20, 2014, 19:19 harlock

it sorta irks me when people just use MEMES as parlance for something purely on a second-hand basis.. so you get people writing shit like "wah-lah" on comment threads because theyve heard it before but have no fucking clue what the actual word is, just how it sounds

or how people say "they drank the koolaid" when describing people who swallow something hook line and sinker... without any clue of how that phrase actually refers to a mass suicide event

pretty much everyone does it.. its even more iritating when they try to get on a high horse about how their incomplete and fragmentary "understanding" of some turn of phrase or whatever is actually the one and only truth

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 20, 2014, 19:13 harlock

jdreyer wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 19:11:
"That word, I do not think it means what you think it means."

I think the word you're looking for is "fad."

well do you know what it means though?

What is a meme? First coined by Richard Dawkins in The Selfish Gene, a meme is any idea, behavior, or skill that can be transferred from one person to another by imitation: stories, fashions, inventions, recipes, songs, ways of plowing a field or throwing a baseball or making a sculpture. The meme is also one of the most important--and controversial--concepts to emerge since The Origin of the Species appeared nearly 150 years ago.

In The Meme Machine Susan Blackmore boldly asserts: "Just as the design of our bodies can be understood only in terms of natural selection, so the design of our minds can be understood only in terms of memetic selection." Indeed, Blackmore shows that once our distant ancestors acquired the crucial ability to imitate, a second kind of natural selection began, a survival of the fittest amongst competing ideas and behaviors. Ideas and behaviors that proved most adaptive--making tools, for example, or using language--survived and flourished, replicating themselves in as many minds as possible. These memes then passed themselves on from generation to generation by helping to ensure that the genes of those who acquired them also survived and reproduced. Applying this theory to many aspects of human life, Blackmore offers brilliant explanations for why we live in cities, why we talk so much, why we can't stop thinking, why we behave altruistically, how we choose our mates, and much more.

With controversial implications for our religious beliefs, our free will, our very sense of "self," The Meme Machine offers a provocative theory everyone will soon be talking about.

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 20, 2014, 19:10 harlock

in one context, saying something is a "meme" is the modern way of saying something is "trendy"

in another context, it refers specifically to one-liners and gif images, or combinations of them

but the idea of a "meme" originally refers to quite a bit more than "ORLY?" pics and hamburger cats etc

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
10. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 20, 2014, 19:07 harlock

man, bullshit.. even HR Giger didnt get 35k for 2 weeks of work  

News Comments > Areal Funded; Putin a Backer?
24. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 20, 2014, 19:03 harlock

this shit is rivaling star citizen for wtfuckery  

News Comments > Gigantic Announced
5. Re: Gigantic Announced Jul 15, 2014, 22:26 harlock

fuck this moba shit

and fuck this art style.. its like some half-ass disney reject

874 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo