Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for harlock

Real Name harlock   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 30, 2013, 21:34
Total Comments 1530 (Pro)
User ID 57944

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 29, 2015, 17:56 harlock

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 16:21:
My guys are all 6-7ish, and I haven't even gone to Defiance Bay yet.

just saw this.. and im having a similar problem but not nearly this bad... basically they said at the end of the main story you should be about 8th level.. and remember it doesnt scale, so... also i think the game has a hard level cap at 12

sounds like you skipped right over to endgame content - which i think is what the endless dungeon is designed to be for the most part, aside from the top few levels

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 29, 2015, 17:54 harlock

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 16:21:
Also, Ciphers are ridiculous...got the Cipher NPC around level 5-6ish, complete beast. Wizards also start getting a lot better at 6+, but my Rogue has still done about 80% of the team's total damage so far.

yeh my main guy is a cipher and he is pretty much unstoppable.. i still use the 1st level charm spell all the time: on drakes, shades, spectres.. everything and anything and it almost always works and thats not even to mention the 2nd level "mind blades" thing.. since i get at least 2 of those right off the top, it flies through everything and basically kills it.. and then it keeps regen-ing throughout combat, and hes full again for next combat, etc. ..

compared to other classes its kinda ridiculous - since the cipher is beast mode all the way... it also seems to be the most "logical" type of class for the type of "chosen one" scenario they got going on in the main story, so i wonder if there is some internal favoritism or something

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
8. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 28, 2015, 23:38 harlock

yeh i was switched to 4k 60fps.. it does stutter a bit in the interior ship shots... which doesnt make much sense considering it should just be straight video... but i guess the encoder is doing some kind of variable bit rate thing there

anyhow in the space shots it seems ok, so thats kinda weird

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 28, 2015, 17:21 harlock

played fine here, while i was encoding a video in premiere

but holy shit.. those graphics are like early 2000 era - they are really bad, im guessing that was placeholder stuff

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2015, 09:36 harlock

yeh that dude can play a psycho proper  

News Comments > Into the Black
17. Re: Into the Black Mar 28, 2015, 09:30 harlock

Creston wrote on Mar 28, 2015, 00:41:
Yeah, yeah. We've been hearing that for roughly the last five or six years. It'd be set after the Dominion war, no, it'll be based on the reboot, no, it'll be set based on Worf, no, it... yadda yadda yadda.

what Id like to see? A show centered around Tuvok - doing federation spy stuff... kinda like Star Trek meets Alias... or X-Files (In Space!....)

Might be nice to break it up from the tradition of always following one ship, as well.. i could see that happening pretty easily

16. Re: Into the Black Mar 28, 2015, 09:26 harlock

1badmf wrote on Mar 28, 2015, 03:12:
preachin' to the choir bro. i've been trying to spread the gospel of B5 for years but it's sortof a difficult show to get into what with season 1 being entirely foreshadowing and buildup.

thats what seems to be happening with "12 monkeys" ... still havent decided if i like that one or not, its not too standard

of course im not sure i'll ever love a time travel show/book/movie... nobody ever thinks it all the way thru, and there are always giant plot holes somewhere

15. Re: Into the Black Mar 28, 2015, 09:24 harlock

the order of ranking is firefly>farscape>babylon>trek

but its still better than most other tv crap out there

3. Re: Into the Black Mar 27, 2015, 21:47 harlock

hell yeh it is  

News Comments > Valve's HTC Vive Free for Developers
10. Re: Valve's HTC Vive Free for Developers Mar 27, 2015, 13:13 harlock

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 13:04:
You're saying, no benefit beyond cockpit simulations.

no... i said im skeptical. big difference

im all about advancing technology... but you remember the segway? your attitude reminds me of the people who said "it will change the world!!! remember what people said about the car?!?!"

News Comments > Morning Interviews
9. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 27, 2015, 12:30 harlock

Task wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 11:56:
For the original part of the topic thing in that article, the female armor, it only makes sense to have 'realistic' armor in realistic games. Like say if you're pitching a game to be "authentic history combat"-whatever game (Kingdom Come), women didn't have boobie plates in ancient history (a glancing blow would be fatal if it caught on the bulges of such armor), they did wear types of armor, same as men depending on the time period. In other games, its up to devs to do what they want, especially if its a Fantasy or a jRPG setting then I don't expect it to be realistic at all.

yeh i dont hear any complaints about teh "realism" of fireballs and magic missles and elf dust and all that shit

fucking come on... btw i like tits, but its not necessary - yeh i'll look at em if you shove them in my face, but i think in general its all a matter of stylistic choices - traditional swords and sorcery is always gonna hark back to Conan, Gor, and all that artwork that came along with it

News Comments > Valve's HTC Vive Free for Developers
6. Re: Valve's HTC Vive Free for Developers Mar 27, 2015, 12:19 harlock

still kinda skeptical how much practical application these VR helmets will have in gaming, outside cockpit simulations  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
58. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 22:40 harlock

Cutter wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 21:14:
I'll keep going on the Cipher for now but I may start again with a monk. I understand drooids are supposed to be thee OP class atm.

just gave mine fine Estoc (2 hand pierce) - with the bonus xtra damage soul whip doing even more % per attack .. dude is in serious beast mode

44. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 18:49 harlock

its all about that Cipher... all day long man  

10. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 13:43 harlock

jomisab wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 13:14:
Dropped $250 on the Kickstarter for this. Here's hoping...

P.S. I did not play the Beta. Didn't want to spoil anything.

it doesnt spoil much, but it gives you an insight into the mechanics

the whole game is at that old school "next level" shit - in many ways its like Baldurs Gate meets Arcanum, and the sum is more than the parts

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Mar 26, 2015, 11:20 harlock

too bad those HL2 graphics are still based on geometry using like 5 - 10 polys  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
15. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 26, 2015, 11:12 harlock

"Its like a lemon tree crashed into my car and broke the fucking windshield and Im figuring out how to make lemonade," Quinn said.

no.. its more like you willingly drove your car full-speed INTO a lemon tree..

thats what its like

News Comments > Evening Previews
9. Re: Evening Previews Mar 26, 2015, 10:08 harlock

InBlack wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 03:53:
Am I the only one who is a little bit worried that by removing all the negative possibilites in character building the game's characters are all going to be well.....bland??

dont listen to the PR speak... its still got plenty of things that fuck you over if you miss out on a stat or skill... trust me

News Comments > PC Exclusive Halo Online Revealed for Russia
4. Re: PC Exclusive Halo Online Revealed for Russia Mar 25, 2015, 16:35 harlock

in soviet russia, halo plays YOU  

News Comments > Seven Dragon Saga Kickstarter Postponed
3. Re: Seven Dragon Saga Kickstarter Postponed Mar 25, 2015, 10:18 harlock

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 10:11:
"Weve done some serious reflection and come to the conclusion that we cant create the level of RPG today that we know well be able to create tomorrow."

Huh?

they thought they could get a ton of money from thier rep alone... then they realized that wouldnt cut it because only a small niche knows who SSI is

1530 Comments. 77 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo