Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for harlock

Real Name harlock   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 30, 2013, 21:34
Total Comments 1600 (Pro)
User ID 57944

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
11. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Apr 26, 2015, 09:37 harlock

Eirikrautha wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 09:25:
Read the article, people.

The claim:
"Apple said that as of 2014 all of its U.S. data centers, corporate offices and more than 450 Apple Retail Stores around the world are running on renewables."

Later in the same article:
"Apple's corporate offices, data centers and retail stores represent only 1 percent of the company's carbon footprint, while manufacturing in the U.S. and abroad makes up the lion's share."

So, there are lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Then add this:
"Over the past three years, Apple has reduced its facility emissions and those created by purchased electricity by 48 percent, 'even while our overall energy consumption greatly increased.'"

So Apple is buying power from other sources, and in the U.S. you don't get to "choose" what power sources you get to buy from. It all goes down the same lines. Buying from SoCalEd, CPL, or anyone else means you are buying the majority from coal power (even were you to stipulate that your power should be wind or solar, the energy companies can't do that... you get the same power down the line as anyone else).

So, yep, total PR BS...

SOURCE PLEASE

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
13. Re: Saturday Interviews Apr 26, 2015, 09:35 harlock

“I think people are just sick of hearing from me,” he says in one disarmingly dark moment. “They’ve been sick of hearing from me for so many years now. You know, we’re done.”

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2015, 09:32 harlock

dogs can detect chemical traces in the parts-per-million range, with their nose

safe bet he knows its super nasty

8. Re: Saturday Interviews Apr 25, 2015, 21:39 harlock

Bundy wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 21:09:
Didn't he say he was quitting interviews forever?

didnt that 4 yr old girl stomp out of the room and go hug her dolly?

3. Re: Saturday Interviews Apr 25, 2015, 14:58 harlock

harlock wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 14:18:
"You may think Curiosity was a stupid idea, but I'll tell you what. When it ended it was the number one trending global topic on Twitter. How cool is that? All it was was 'What's inside the fucking box!' Can you imagine how that felt? For me, that's what this industry is."

1. Re: Saturday Interviews Apr 25, 2015, 14:18 harlock

"You may think Curiosity was a stupid idea, but I'll tell you what. When it ended it was the number one trending global topic on Twitter. How cool is that? All it was was 'What's inside the fucking box!' Can you imagine how that felt? For me, that's what this industry is. We've spent 20 years creating something that Sir Clive Sinclair said would become the dominant entertainment medium. We're almost there. Now is the time we have to show the world that they don't need to be anaesthetised by the deluge of rubbish from TV and film, because they can be involved. They can solve puzzles, create things, they can feel good about themselves. That's why I love what I do."

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Into the Black Apr 25, 2015, 07:33 harlock

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 03:36:
I wish some of the folks here knew what happened, and would understand what law enforcement officers have to deal with. The job and potential danger does NOT end at the end of their shifts. It doesn't end when they take off the badge and uniform, and it doesn't end when they go home at the end of their day. It doesn't end when they go to the grocery store, it doesn't end when they go and pick up their kids from day care/school. It doesn't end if you're alone, it doesn't end in a group of 100 friends, it doesn't end if you have your wife and child by your side.

tired of this shit, for real

its a choice - we all make them - we all live with the consequences..

plenty of people have tough lives with lots of challenges, and they dont get medals for them, and they dont get a cheering crowd either

fucking man up, or go home - thats the end of it

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month
41. Re: Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month Apr 25, 2015, 07:25 harlock

Vall Forran wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 02:56:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 02:31:
In a real space sim they should actually just disable mouse and keyboard as soon as you leave the main menu and the game engine starts loading. Fuck the casual n00bs who can't fly for shit!

^ zero sarcasm included by the way. Seriously. Fuck casual n00blets who want a Space Invaders action clickfest or Call of Duty in space instead of a sim.

HOTAS FTW! It's the only way. The only pure way for the enlightened ones. The way of the pros. My way...

I suddenly desire to play with a mouse/keyboard.

darwin would be proud

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines - unofficial Patch 9.3 on The Patches Scrolls Apr 24, 2015, 22:33 harlock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqlDFbQZE2g  

News Comments > Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours
20. Re: Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours Apr 23, 2015, 21:21 harlock

OUTRAGEOUS! ROCKSTAR SHOULD BE BOMBED AND SUED!  

News Comments > GTA5 Account Loss Follow-ups
10. Re: GTA5 Account Loss Follow-ups Apr 22, 2015, 21:29 harlock

NKD wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 21:19:
They called back and got one representative to admit customer service reps have been instructed to hang up after registering a ticket and giving that message.

Don't worry, I'm sure our local Rockstar fanboys will just say this was a miscommunication with the outsourced customer service and not in any way the fault of glorious leader Rockstar.

because we all know the rockstar devs actually take the customer service calls themselves

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2015, 18:55 harlock

Redmask wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 18:31:
Cutter wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 18:13:
2. Why the fuck is it my job to make a cop comfortable in giving me a ticket? Most of them are just overpaid ticket dispensers for the state generating revenue with bullshit laws that solely exist for that purpose and are completely arbitrary. Cops now make 100k a year plus massive benefits of which 99% of their job could be done meter maids or cameras for a vastly cheaper amount. You just sound like a well trained dog. Yeah, I know your type, natural born traitor and collaborator. One of those weak willed people who needs the protection and approval of authority figures to validate his miserable existence

You calling anyone else a traitor is rich. You are here every day, whining about one social issue or another. You can't even keep your own opinions straight and end up contradicting yourself constantly, you're just noise. You want all of the benefits of society without having to pay for any. You are the traitor, you who would skip out on his taxes and don't care about his neighbors. No modern society can function without some form of police force. Traffic is a very small portion of that job. I don't hold police in any high esteem as I think they get a lot of slack that they don't realize but you go too far in the other direction with your bizarre paranoia and frankly extremist bullshit. If you think society without police is so grand feel free to move to the middle east, then you can lecture the rest of us about how wonderful life is without the 'ticket dispensers'.

You don't get to lecture people about how necessary police are until you've lived in a place where the crime rate consists of more than fucking traffic violations. Overpaid or not, cops deal with a lot of bullshit that you obviously don't want to.

as long as you have all the idiots fetishizing and worshipping these "heroes", you are gonna get an equal and opposite reaction from the idiots on the other side of the equation

in other words: you're all idiots.. none of you know whats best for anyone else

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 21, 2015, 13:30 harlock

well think about it.. making the HD a bottleneck for your game engine is beyond retarded  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
287. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 19, 2015, 08:36 harlock

didnt you assholes get enough of this shit in high school?  

News Comments > POSTAL 2: Paradise Lost DLC Released
11. Re: POSTAL 2: Paradise Lost DLC Released Apr 18, 2015, 08:55 harlock

Shoot, kick, fire-bomb and Piss your way through the days errands trying to find......toilet paper! A CLEAN ASS IS A HAPPY ASS!

sounds like it was inspired by Rabi Ray Rana from far cry 4

News Comments > Evening Patches
6. Re: Evening Patches Apr 18, 2015, 08:53 harlock

patch seems to have improved overall performance for me, even tho it was already silky smooth.. not too bad, id say

i dont have any mouse lag, but i do understand the person simulator comments.. it makes sense because you can also look down and see your body.. so you have to consider animations playing out in this 3d form that also has physics reactions, and so its not always instantaneous

also its weird playing 3rd person with a mouse, because moving and looking in different directions is not the same because you arent strafing from side to side like in 1st person mode... so thats funky too

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 17, 2015, 18:46 harlock

there will be more stories of kool-aid turning to poison

it shall be glorious

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 17, 2015, 18:42 harlock

Krovven wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 18:11:
Wish someone would do some benchmarks with cpu's other than the newest and most expensive. We know games will run great on the newest cpu's. How about showing some benchmarks with i5's, ya know the cpu's that the majority have right now?

ive got an i5 @ 4.2 and GTA5 is running like silk.... also 970

have to admit, id say the graphics are a bit of hit and miss, it certainly looks awesome a lot of the time, sometimes fucking spectacular - other times its not very impressive, like some shitty textures with ugly shaders.. but that seems rare - its just odd how its all mixed in there together, im assuming its legacy stuff from other versions, older engines, etc... sometimes this stuff is right next to some very detailed stuff, and it really looks odd

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming
20. Re: Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming Apr 17, 2015, 18:35 harlock

Creston wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 13:45:
Man, what on earth did you do? I'm almost at Twin Elms and I just made level 9...

I haven't completed the endless paths yet, so maybe that has something to do with it.

apparently you are supposed to do endless paths as a side quest during the game, but not all at once

because the first 5 floors are pretty easy, even at level 4-6ish.. it gets a little more tough below that, but not too bad until after 10th floor

yeh and im 11th level and getting close to maxed out, and Im also doing all the twin elms area shit.. havent finished the game yet and im probably 40% thru act 3, or maybe halfway..

got all the bounties except the ogre chief, that shit is fucking hard yo

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Apr 17, 2015, 07:03 harlock

“As her detractors grow increasingly unhinged, we have proof that her efforts are working.”

and that literally means she is a troll

1600 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo