Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for feral.fury

Real Name feral.fury   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname feral.fury
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 24, 2013, 11:09
Total Comments 11 (Suspect)
User ID 57929

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $45M
25. Re: Star Citizen Hits $45M Jun 8, 2014, 18:25 feral.fury

Official commercial link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO7RxsZpcKc  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month
20. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 17, 2014, 22:52 feral.fury

Your backer # is on your Citizen Dossier in account settings or (https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/<account_name>.
Right under Overview you should see "Uee Citizen Record #..."

News Comments > Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M
34. Re: Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M Jan 7, 2014, 14:50 feral.fury

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 12:48:
huh. Maybe someone can clue me in here....but looks like a pay to win scenario? The more I spend up front the better ship/s I get?

This is absolutely true. The more you pay, the better ships you'll have. So, you can either pay now with real money or pay later when the game is released in the currency of time. Because you know, time is money.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $34 Million
24. Re: Star Citizen Hits $35 Million Dec 8, 2013, 20:43 feral.fury

Only 1.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $33 Million
90. Re: Star Citizen Passes $33 Million Nov 29, 2013, 04:11 feral.fury

InBlack wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 03:23:
feral.fury wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 14:15:

Let me correct your last statement, it seams as if you are a butt-hurt publisher and/or inventor who likes making huge returns off disappointed consumers who bought the product you invested in.

"Lots of money. Check. Accountability to pledgers. Check. Expected deadlines to be met by pledgers. Check. Best Intentions. Check. Your apples to oranges comparison. Check."

What. The. Fuck?

What I'm trying to say is, if Chris Roberts screws this up, his career of making games is over. More so then if he was working for a publisher. Anyways InBlack, a large amount of your comments and the content of your comments is absolute garbage. I'm done here, bye.

81. Re: Star Citizen Passes $33 Million Nov 28, 2013, 14:15 feral.fury

InBlack wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 06:12:
What research? Oh you mean buying the increasingly far-fetched promises of CR and crew. I would hardly call that research. Also what conspiracy? I never suggested there was a conspiracy. Im sure that CR and team want to make the best possible game, Im also sure that they like money and that theyve bitten off a whole lot more then they can chew.

Lots of money. Check. No accountability to stock-holders. Check. No deadlines set by publisher. Check. Best Intentions. Check. Sounds like someone else we know?

Let me correct your last statement, it seams as if you are a butt-hurt publisher and/or inventor who likes making huge returns off disappointed consumers who bought the product you invested in.

"Lots of money. Check. Accountability to pledgers. Check. Expected deadlines to be met by pledgers. Check. Best Intentions. Check. Your apples to oranges comparison. Check."

80. Re: Star Citizen Passes $33 Million Nov 28, 2013, 14:09 feral.fury

panbient wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 09:17:
Ryan Lange wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 23:52:
It's generally understood that there is not necessarily an inverse relationship between the amount of funding available for a project and the amount of time that project takes to advance.

That's why I specified the 'original' product concept. The difference being I'm seeing them expand the scope of their project rather than adding onto the original plan. Not necessarily a bad thing, just exponentially riskier.

Here's the issue from my perspective. Anyone worth supporting in a kickstarter / crowdfunding situation needs to have a clearly defined and achievable goal. Otherwise you are literally investing in hype. That core product concept needs to be solid and focused.

A year ago RSI started a pitch for what sounded like a small, focused, space game with great potential for expanding into absolute greatness. The community heard it too and supported them beyond their expectations. How is it the game they planned to make for $2 million can't be shown even as a beta when they've gotten well over 15 times more funding? And I don't mean some module either, I mean the original product they pitched last year, the one they said only needed $2 million to be made.

For me that's a major concern. It shows that RSI chose to expand their original vision rather than building on top of a focused core. The fact that their latest stretch 'goal' is all about letting the community decide leads me to believe they've run out of ideas and either don't want (or know) how to stop the seemingly out of control funding machine.

There's probably a good reason why no one else is trying to bite off as much as this company is trying to chew.

Their original release plan a year ago was for December 2014 / January 2015. With all the additional funding they received it's still December 2014 / January 2015. With the additional funding they are able to hire more artist, animators, programmers, etc etc and make more groups and larger groups working on specific features. My only concern is keeping all the groups synchronized.

51. Re: Star Citizen Passes $33 Million Nov 28, 2013, 04:52 feral.fury

Q. How does it work.
A. Poll

Q. Who exactly gets to pick the major feature.
A. Pledgers

Q. The guy who donates the most?
A. No.

Q. Is it a lottery kind of thing?
A. No.

I don't wonder why you're a naysayer, I wonder why your such an idiot. I wonder why you fail to do any research before commenting. I wonder why you make up conspiracies. That's the real question that needs an answer.

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $29M
48. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $29M Nov 24, 2013, 06:33 feral.fury

Sry that last part wasn't for you but the others.  

45. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $29M Nov 24, 2013, 06:26 feral.fury

and thus he can use the name.

1) It's not a real entity (fictional). It's like using the word Magic in a book your writing.
2) It's not a platform for software digital distribution.
3) It's full name is "Origin Jumpworks" not "Origin Systems".

Keep trying to find that conspiracy of yours...

42. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $29M Nov 24, 2013, 06:10 feral.fury

LOL what idiots! Origin = Origin Jumpworks. A fictional company in their game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYjD1wiTBmM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTBzrUwB6Qo

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2013, 06:16.

11 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo