Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Desalus

Real Name Desalus   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 30, 2013, 02:11
Total Comments 60 (Suspect)
User ID 57911

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale Begins
21. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 18, 2014, 15:49 Desalus

Between my PC and PS3, I'm up to 60+ games that I have yet to play at any length or I have yet to finish. Too many games and too little time. I made a vow to myself that I wouldn't buy anymore until I knock that list down by at least half.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 18, 2014, 15:43 Desalus

Task wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 13:34:
If people really thought NK did it, people are off their friggin' rockers. I mean look at their god damn power grid, its almost non-existent.

So you're telling me that you need to live in a first world country in order to hack computers and networks? Here I was, under the impression that all it took was a computer, the internet, and someone who knows what they are doing. Apparently you need an entire country's infrastructure in order to do so and first world country at that!

Task wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 13:34:
Meanwhile the U.S. was never punished for its war crimes of purposely bombing millions of civilians in the Korean war, which is the exact reason NK is a closed society with a paranoid dynasty.

Yes, because certainly at that time the US military had precision guided missiles in order to avoid civilian deaths! But then they turned around and carpet bombed cities, just like everyone else did during WWII. These actions somehow led to the Soviet Union creating a communist government in the north and appointing Kim Il-sung as its president, all before the war even started! I don't know how bombing civilians in a soon to be war influenced the formation of NK in the past, but it must the US's fault! It's always the US's fault!

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
20. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 18, 2014, 10:07 Desalus

Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 23:37:
Ok, first off there's nothing stupid or outlandish about it. The US government has a regular habit of lying to its citizens. This is documented in great detail, no less than by the government itself. Second, you're only proving our point anwyay. Feds have now concluded the perpetrators were from NK? And you know this to be true how? From a government that constantly lies to you, always has, and always will, and you're saying I'm stupid? Are you willfully ignorant or a product of inbreeding?

Nah, I'm right there with you about the US government lying about plenty of things, and a lot of serious things at that. But what I don't understand is how the parties involved actually benefit from it. Why would the US government lie about NK hacking Sony Pictures? The NK Government called the movie an 'act of war', so why is it any surprise that they actually carried through with their threats? Please, tell me your entire theory. I'm quite curious.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
9. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 17, 2014, 23:04 Desalus

Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 20:32:
Why not? A multi-billion dollar group of global intelligence agencies yet no one can find the people who did it? All the claim is it's "credible evidence". Yeah sure, let's all just take their word at face value because they'd never lie to us or anything, or have an agenda or anything. Unless I see arrests and confessions - and even then I'm still exceedingly skeptical - it's just so much bullshit. Are there bad people in the world? Sure, but this sort of thing - much less the reaction to it - strikes me as absurd, if not outright manufactured to precipitate such a response.

Sorry, but your outlandishly stupid conspiracy theory was just quashed:

"Federal investigators have now connected the hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. to North Korea, a U.S. official said Wednesday, though it remained unclear how the federal government would respond to a break-in that exposed sensitive documents and ultimately led to terrorist threats against moviegoers."

-SOURCE

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
57. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 12:33 Desalus

To me it sounds like Gabe is saying that from now on 'anything will go' according to this quote, "Steam is about creating tools for content creators and customers."

In that case, Destructive Creations needs to up the ante by allowing players to rape their victims as well, even when they are dead! I'd love to see what Gabe thinks about that.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 17, 2014, 10:25 Desalus

Now I'm suspicious. Is Carmike secretly owned and operated by the North Korean government?

On a serious note, it's disappointing to see them being cowed by the hacking activities of the North Korean government or some of their sympathizers. Carmike is taking the easy way out and simply giving in to the Guardians of Peace's demands.

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
20. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 09:58 Desalus

shul wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:16:
I'm sorry, but I've watched the trailer and the game makes me sick.

I know that if I don't like it I don't need to play it but putting stuff like that out there is like poisoning minds.

Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:27:
Freedom without responsibility doesn't work. We should aspire to more than pandering to the lowest common denominator. Anything for a buck, Gabe?

I concur with both these sentiments. It's quite bizarre that they pulled 'Seduce Me' from Greenlight, which is a game about enticing NPCs to have sex with your character. Yet they turn around and reinstate a game about killing innocent civilians in extremely graphic and disturbing ways. So the message I get from Gabe is that sex is fucked up and we aren't allowed to virtually partake in it, but virtually putting a gun into a screaming woman's mouth and blowing her brains out is completely fine!!! Confused

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
1. Re: Ship Ahoy - Crusader Kings II: Way of Life Dec 16, 2014, 10:06 Desalus

More paid content...just what this game needs. I believe this is the 9th expansion, along with the 36+ minor DLC!  

News Comments > Target Halts Grand Theft Auto V Sales Down Under
30. Re: Target Halts Grand Theft Auto V Sales Down Under Dec 3, 2014, 13:30 Desalus

Beamer wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 10:52:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 10:45:
Why only in Australia?

This must have more to do with Target protecting itself against some potential liability in Australia than anything. Otherwise they would have halted sales everywhere.

You need to Google "International Subsidiaries."
Target Australia is pretty much an entirely different entity than Target US. They likely don't meet until the CEO, and since this decision wasn't made by the CEO of Target, it was just made by someone at the Australia office and therefore just for Australia.

Target Australia and Target Corporation (USA and Canada) are two entirely separate companies (even though they share the same name and logo). Target Australia is a subsidiary of Wesfarmers Limited but is not a subsidiary of Target Corporation.

This comment was edited on Dec 3, 2014, 16:03.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
60. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 14:19 Desalus

When are people going to learn? Don't buy into pre-release games if you can't tolerate broken promises. It's inevitable that the game's design will change, the dev’s priorities will change, and the game won't be everything you thought it would be when it's released. Throughout the history of video-game development, devs have promised many features that never made it into the final product. It’s just the reality of game development. Just expect that it will happen, and accept it when it does.  

News Comments > Diablo III Bonus Weekend
8. Re: Diablo III Bonus Weekend Oct 31, 2014, 09:27 Desalus

InBlack wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 03:32:
Im sorry I even fell for the loot 2.0 patch and wasted a few months of my life on this piece of shit...

I always have to laugh at people who play games for countless hours, only to turn around and say the game was terrible. If Diablo 3 is such a piece of shit then you must be completely oblivious (or a masochist) in order to play the game for a few months without noticing you weren't having any fun.

News Comments > NCSOFT Layoffs; Carbine Reportedly Loses 60+
4. Re: NCSOFT Layoffs; Carbine Reportedly Loses 60+ Oct 23, 2014, 20:14 Desalus

Undoubtedly this is the beginning of the end for WildStar. NCSoft will probably shut it down within the next two years. Auto Assault and Tabula Rasa didn't even last a year and a half.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2014, 11:34 Desalus

BitWraith wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 10:14:
I was under the impression GamerGate was about Quinn sleeping with journalists, and journalistic integrity overall? Did I miss something? When did it become about feminism?

Evidently you missed the whole firestorm in response to Anita Sarkeesian's videos. I find the whole thing to be quite an embarrassment and honestly I don't understand why so many gamers are riled up about this shit that in the end doesn't even matter.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video
22. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video Sep 18, 2014, 09:02 Desalus

El Pit wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 03:20:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 02:35:
PHJF wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 22:22:
Sure hope the party size is bigger than 2.

What's the party size on Divine Divinity?

Oh oh, I played that game, but I don't remember. I'm oooold, so please forgive me. In D:OS, there are four people in my party, but in Divine Divinity... Not sure.

There aren't any parties in Divine Divinity. The player's character is solo the entire game.

News Comments > Open Letter to the Gaming Community
27. Re: Open Letter to the Gaming Community Sep 2, 2014, 15:18 Desalus

Beamer wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 13:54:
Anyway, given how many people here have, in the past, claimed they would never use Xbox Live because it's just racist 14 year olds, I'm shocked at how many people are angry at someone posting an open letter saying you should "publicly stand against" racist 14 year olds.

I guess since it’s under the context of the whole ‘gamergate’ uproar people are feeling free to be hypocritical.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
28. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 2, 2014, 15:06 Desalus

Beamer wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 13:30:
Regardless, I don't get this "meet reality" thing. Because you're famous you shouldn't have any expectation of privacy? Where are you drawing that line? Should Erin Andrews have just expected that someone would drill through the peephole in her hotel room door and film her? I mean, meet reality!
Also, your credit card was replaced twice this year due to hacks? What the hell do you do that it keeps getting hacked? I've never had to replace a credit card for anything fraudulent. Twice in one year?

I concur; people’s private sex lives should remain private. Unfortunately that’s an unrealistic expectation for the world we live in. For instance you can have your computer or phone stolen, servers are hacked, account usernames and passwords are stolen, or it can simply come down to a jaded ex-partner posting nude photos of you on the internet. In the least, if you’re living in the USA, the NSA is spying on you (I remember reading that they enjoy sharing ‘private’ nude photos of attractive women among themselves when they find them). This is what ‘meet reality’ means. Celebrities, especially if they are female and attractive, should accept the fact that nothing is really secure on the internet and there are people who are actively trying to target them. It’s unfortunate but it’s reality.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 2, 2014, 12:41 Desalus

Jerykk wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 12:29:
I'll never understand the logic of people who takes pictures and/or videos of themselves nude or during sex. Sure, you're allowed to do that and you're entitled to your own privacy but what's the point of making those pictures/videos in the first place? Especially if you're a celebrity whose public image is very important. Just seems like a completely unnecessary risk.

Exactly my thoughts. Any celebrity that takes nude photos of themselves with the expectation that they will forever be private is just delusional. I hope a good many celebrities learn a lesson from this incident because there will surely be many more to come.

11. Re: Open Letter to the Gaming Community Sep 2, 2014, 12:33 Desalus

Verno wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 11:10:
After all we did such a good job eliminating it from narrower sources, let alone the internet.
Take a stand everyone, take a stand on taking a stand too while you're at it Bulb

In no way am I saying it's practical to eliminate it entirely. I just don't see a problem with people making an effort to reduce the undesirable behavior of the community.

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 11:49:
Open letter is not equal to "taking a stand"
Aside that I agree But it's the Internet. Nobody is gonna change it, not even feminists.

The open letter is asking the community to “take a public stand against it”, so I’m pretty sure that qualifies this open letter as ‘taking a stand’. But I'm curious...what in your mind would qualify as ‘taking a stand’?

5. Re: Open Letter to the Gaming Community Sep 2, 2014, 11:07 Desalus

PHJF wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 09:55:
Stop your fucking bitching, this is the fucking internet. Politically Correct exists on an admin-by-admin basis, and you've no right or reason to expect succor from ANYONE.

This is exactly the response I was expecting... "How fucking dare you expect people to behave respectfully on the internet! Why don't you go fuck yourself!"

In my opinion the community would be a much better place without the threats of violence, harm, hateful, and harassing speech. I'm not sure what reason there is to get so irate about people taking a stand against it.

News Comments > Op Ed
55. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 15:35 Desalus

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 15:24:
UHD wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 10:40:
So enlighten us then: how do you properly champion the cause of feminism?
Lead by example. If you think games are sexist, makes games you think are not sexist. Put up or shut up.

There's plenty of games that do not have this content and they don't deter developers from producing games that do. Besides, you're expecting everyone who has something critical to say about games to be capable of developing games themselves? If that's the case then I never want to see any criticism from you, because you should be leading by example and developing your own game! "Put up or shut up."

60 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo