Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Desalus

Real Name Desalus   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 30, 2013, 02:11
Total Comments 48 (Suspect)
User ID 57911

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2014, 11:34 Desalus

BitWraith wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 10:14:
I was under the impression GamerGate was about Quinn sleeping with journalists, and journalistic integrity overall? Did I miss something? When did it become about feminism?

Evidently you missed the whole firestorm in response to Anita Sarkeesian's videos. I find the whole thing to be quite an embarrassment and honestly I don't understand why so many gamers are riled up about this shit that in the end doesn't even matter.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video
22. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video Sep 18, 2014, 09:02 Desalus

El Pit wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 03:20:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 02:35:
PHJF wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 22:22:
Sure hope the party size is bigger than 2.

What's the party size on Divine Divinity?

Oh oh, I played that game, but I don't remember. I'm oooold, so please forgive me. In D:OS, there are four people in my party, but in Divine Divinity... Not sure.

There aren't any parties in Divine Divinity. The player's character is solo the entire game.

News Comments > Open Letter to the Gaming Community
27. Re: Open Letter to the Gaming Community Sep 2, 2014, 15:18 Desalus

Beamer wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 13:54:
Anyway, given how many people here have, in the past, claimed they would never use Xbox Live because it's just racist 14 year olds, I'm shocked at how many people are angry at someone posting an open letter saying you should "publicly stand against" racist 14 year olds.

I guess since it’s under the context of the whole ‘gamergate’ uproar people are feeling free to be hypocritical.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
28. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 2, 2014, 15:06 Desalus

Beamer wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 13:30:
Regardless, I don't get this "meet reality" thing. Because you're famous you shouldn't have any expectation of privacy? Where are you drawing that line? Should Erin Andrews have just expected that someone would drill through the peephole in her hotel room door and film her? I mean, meet reality!
Also, your credit card was replaced twice this year due to hacks? What the hell do you do that it keeps getting hacked? I've never had to replace a credit card for anything fraudulent. Twice in one year?

I concur; people’s private sex lives should remain private. Unfortunately that’s an unrealistic expectation for the world we live in. For instance you can have your computer or phone stolen, servers are hacked, account usernames and passwords are stolen, or it can simply come down to a jaded ex-partner posting nude photos of you on the internet. In the least, if you’re living in the USA, the NSA is spying on you (I remember reading that they enjoy sharing ‘private’ nude photos of attractive women among themselves when they find them). This is what ‘meet reality’ means. Celebrities, especially if they are female and attractive, should accept the fact that nothing is really secure on the internet and there are people who are actively trying to target them. It’s unfortunate but it’s reality.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 2, 2014, 12:41 Desalus

Jerykk wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 12:29:
I'll never understand the logic of people who takes pictures and/or videos of themselves nude or during sex. Sure, you're allowed to do that and you're entitled to your own privacy but what's the point of making those pictures/videos in the first place? Especially if you're a celebrity whose public image is very important. Just seems like a completely unnecessary risk.

Exactly my thoughts. Any celebrity that takes nude photos of themselves with the expectation that they will forever be private is just delusional. I hope a good many celebrities learn a lesson from this incident because there will surely be many more to come.

11. Re: Open Letter to the Gaming Community Sep 2, 2014, 12:33 Desalus

Verno wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 11:10:
After all we did such a good job eliminating it from narrower sources, let alone the internet.
Take a stand everyone, take a stand on taking a stand too while you're at it Bulb

In no way am I saying it's practical to eliminate it entirely. I just don't see a problem with people making an effort to reduce the undesirable behavior of the community.

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 11:49:
Open letter is not equal to "taking a stand"
Aside that I agree But it's the Internet. Nobody is gonna change it, not even feminists.

The open letter is asking the community to “take a public stand against it”, so I’m pretty sure that qualifies this open letter as ‘taking a stand’. But I'm curious...what in your mind would qualify as ‘taking a stand’?

5. Re: Open Letter to the Gaming Community Sep 2, 2014, 11:07 Desalus

PHJF wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 09:55:
Stop your fucking bitching, this is the fucking internet. Politically Correct exists on an admin-by-admin basis, and you've no right or reason to expect succor from ANYONE.

This is exactly the response I was expecting... "How fucking dare you expect people to behave respectfully on the internet! Why don't you go fuck yourself!"

In my opinion the community would be a much better place without the threats of violence, harm, hateful, and harassing speech. I'm not sure what reason there is to get so irate about people taking a stand against it.

News Comments > Op Ed
55. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 15:35 Desalus

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 15:24:
UHD wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 10:40:
So enlighten us then: how do you properly champion the cause of feminism?
Lead by example. If you think games are sexist, makes games you think are not sexist. Put up or shut up.

There's plenty of games that do not have this content and they don't deter developers from producing games that do. Besides, you're expecting everyone who has something critical to say about games to be capable of developing games themselves? If that's the case then I never want to see any criticism from you, because you should be leading by example and developing your own game! "Put up or shut up."

News Comments > Op Ed
53. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 15:28 Desalus

It's a bit entertaining and sad at the same time to see how upset people are over this.

I’m not sure why it really is so difficult to admit that the sexualized violence against women depicted in many 'mature' games really doesn't need to be included in the game at all. I don't play games to visit virtual brothels, sleep with virtual prostitutes, go to a virtual strip club, or rescue the 'damsel in distress'. If a game never contained these things I would never even care nor would I even notice. I've never thought to myself "I really wish this game had a brothel I could visit, or at least a prostitute. It would make this game so much more enjoyable."

Seventyfive wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 13:19:
I think people get mad because most feminist arguments are bullshit in the grand scheme of life. There's no male victoria's secret fashion show glorifying male sexuality. Very few men retire at the ripe age of 18-21 to be taken care of by their wife. Very few men can abuse their sexuality to receive favored treatment. For as many downsides as women have, they have plenty of upsides men do not enjoy.

LOL, these are your shining examples of feminist arguments being bullshit? C'mon, you have to try harder than that . Take a look at the past six thousand years of human history and please explain to me how women have not been oppressed and largely treated as objects? It may not be as bad as it once was (in some parts of the world), but the feminist movement is a valid and worthy cause. I may not agree with everything the movement stands for, but I'm not one to tell others that they don't deserve equality.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 18, 2014, 09:59 Desalus

Console peasants? What's that even supposed to mean? There are so many ways one could interpret that.  

News Comments > Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis IV Expansions Announced
4. Re: Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis IV Expansions Announced Aug 15, 2014, 21:29 Desalus

Crusader Kings II is up to:
8 expansions
36 DLC

I'm still waiting for the complete set, but Paradox just loves milking it for all it's worth.

News Comments > Obsidian's Pathfinder License
6. Re: Obsidian's Pathfinder License Aug 13, 2014, 14:44 Desalus

There's more details about the physical Pathfinder Adventure Card Game HERE. I've never played the game myself but it has been well received among board/card gamers.

As MoreLuckThanSkill mentioned, Pathfinder is a revised version of the D&D 3.5 ruleset (basically D&D 3.75). It has become the most popular fantasy RPG to play(even more popular than D&D) because a lot of D&D fans disliked the D&D 4e ruleset. D&D 5e is officially launching in a few days at GenCon and it seems to be getting a lot of praise in reviews, so we'll have to see if D&D returns to the #1 spot.

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs
11. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 12:35 Desalus

4K resolution! I'm guessing that will appeal to <1% of the PC gamer market!

I hope Crytek will save us from waiting until the inevitable Steam sale and immediately discount the price to $7.50 or less. No way would I buy it for any more than that.

News Comments > Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies Announced
5. Re: Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies Announced Aug 7, 2014, 10:21 Desalus

I never imagined seeing Counter-Strike and Zombies in the same title. Dizzy

Seems like something you would see on April 1.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2014, 11:01 Desalus

Earning $11,000 per year compared with $22,000 per day in the same industry is simply outrageous. That means CEOs salaries are 520 times as large and that doesn't even include any other forms of compensation.

On another note...I'm shocked to hear that scientists at the Cato Institute find the report to be more pseudoscience than science! How could that be?!?!?

News Comments > Risen 3: Titan Lords in August
1. Re: Risen 3: Titan Lords in August May 7, 2014, 21:42 Desalus

Why do devs and publishers waste their time and money on producing CGI trailers to advertise their games? Does Deep Silver really think anyone would be enticed to preorder the game based on a generic fantasy trailer which could be mistaken for any other fantasy game? Confused  

News Comments > CCP's Project Legion Announced
1. Re: CCP's Project Legion Announced May 2, 2014, 19:53 Desalus

I'm glad to see they've come around and are finally making the right choice by developing it for the PC. Dust 514 was a huge disappointment, which isn't surprising considering they were limited by the PS3. I hope this next iteration has a lot more in common with PlanetSide 2 than it does Dust 514.  

News Comments > Transformers Universe Founders Packs On Sale
4. Re: Transformers Universe Founders Packs On Sale May 2, 2014, 12:13 Desalus

$450 for an unreleased, free-to-play, browser based game, made by a developer who's greatest accomplishment is RuneScape. Jagex must be hoping that there are some insane Transformers fans somewhere out there.  

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. May 2, 2014, 12:02 Desalus

Can't blame Turtle Rock for firing him. You would think he would be smart enough to realize that by being a public representative for Turtle Rock, he is not free to speak his mind on his very public twitter page unless he wants to suffer the consequences.

This reminds me of the past community manager for DICE who continuously upset the Battlefield community by making tactless comments via his twitter account.

This leads me to wonder what it takes to be hired as a community manager these days...Active in an online community? Ability to coordinate events? Interested in games? You're hired!

News Comments > Endless Legend Early Access
9. Re: Endless Legend Early Access Apr 25, 2014, 17:58 Desalus

jdreyer wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 16:17:
Early Access is still a new thing. People will get used to it, and only the superfans will do it, and with full knowledge.

It doesn't seem like only 'superfans' buy into it. Early access for DayZ has been sitting on Steam's top sellers list ever since it came out.

Now, Earth 2066 on the other hand, that shit's just a scam. How did that even get approved?

Sadly I'm sure there will be many more scams and intentionally unfinished early access games to come.

48 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo