Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Desalus

Real Name Desalus   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 30, 2013, 02:11
Total Comments 148 (Novice)
User ID 57911

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions
46. Re: EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions Jan 13, 2016, 10:08 Desalus

DarkCntry wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 08:08:
If it's like the Xbone's version, they might have a discounted yearly option...

I think it's $5/mth or $30/yr on the Xbone....

For some odd reason EA doesn't have the same $30/yr offer for the PC. Perhaps they didn’t think the service would be as popular on the Xbone so they offered a better yearly deal to entice players into subscribing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Next Month
3. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Next Month Dec 16, 2015, 16:49 Desalus

Talutha wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 16:36:
It wasn't originally a Homeworld game. They originally called it Shipwreckers or Shipbreakers or something like that. It was supposed to be a spiritual successor by the same people that made the original Homeworld games. Gearbox then got a hold of the IP and allowed the studio(bought maybe?) to call it a Homeworld game.

Looks like it was called Hardware: Shipbreakers. I don't really understand why they decided to make a spiritual successor to Homeworld into what looks more like Ground Control 3. Hopefully this game doesn't set the future direction of the franchise in the years to come.

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Next Month
1. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Next Month Dec 16, 2015, 16:31 Desalus

Who was the genius who decided to turn Homeworld into a ground based RTS game?  

News Comments > Call of Duty Black Ops III Mod Support Plans
8. Re: Call of Duty Black Ops III Mod Support Plans Nov 2, 2015, 17:45 Desalus

harlock wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 14:54:
soudns like COD aint doing so well no more

The COD games are always in the #1 or #2 spot for the bestselling game of the year. Sales may not be increasing year after year, but the games are hardly 'not doing well'.

News Comments > Dawn of War II - Retribution DLC
1. Re: Dawn of War II - Retribution DLC Oct 30, 2015, 11:06 Desalus

*Sigh*, yet another one of Sega's stupid blood/gore DLC. The base game is already rated 'Mature' so why not release it for free?  

News Comments > Paradox Interactive Acquires White Wolf
2. Re: Paradox Interactive Acquires White Wolf Oct 29, 2015, 10:44 Desalus

Wow, I never would have believed how that acquisition would turn out. CCP bought White Wolf, released absolutely nothing, and then gutted it. I'm glad to see it out of CCP's hands and that it will be returning to tabletop games. Although I wonder what this means for Onyx Path Publishing.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 26, 2015, 13:55 Desalus

Linthat22 wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 10:07:
Put me in the "old fuddy duddy" column, since none of this live streaming stuff doesn't make sense. I don't get wanting to watch someone playing a game versus playing it myself.

I'm definitely right there with you. The only time I bother watching someone else play a game is when I'm considering buying it and I want to see what it's really like playing the game (and it's usually for only a few minutes at most). Other than that I find it extremely boring no matter how entertaining their commentary is. I have a huge backlog of games to play so I can't justify time spent watching someone play a game that I could be playing myself.

News Comments > Total War WARHAMMER in April; Preorders Begin
2. Re: Total War WARHAMMER in April; Preorders Begin Oct 22, 2015, 22:29 Desalus

The Chaos Warriors is a fucking DLC? Unbelievable that they would take undoubtedly one of the most popular factions and split it off into a DLC that you have to pay for if you don't preorder. It's as if CA made the Romans a paid DLC in TW:Rome 2.

No matter how enticing the preorder DLC is for a CA game you'd have to be an sucker to preorder considering the track record of CA games at release.

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: etc. Oct 22, 2015, 12:36 Desalus

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 11:50:
Desalus wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 10:23:

@New Canadian PM says society must stand up to Gamergate…
He also implicates many other forms of media for promoting misogyny, not just video games. It's not like what he's saying is untrue...
That's great, can you find the misogyny in Gamergate? How about in that dirty rock and roll music? Movies? D&D? Rap? Vidya games(again). Yeah, meet the new bogyman for the new generation of idiots. And it's the left that's pulling out the stops as a new generation of authoritarian censors.

Because I'm lazy I'll quote from wikipedia: "Misogyny can be manifested in numerous ways, including sexual discrimination, belittling of women, violence against women, and sexual objectification of women."

It doesn't take long to find good examples of sexual objectification of women in a lot of different forms of media (including video games). In no way am I saying that any media form should be cast as the bogeyman for societal ills and I don't think Trudeau is saying that either.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Oct 22, 2015, 10:23 Desalus

@George Lucas: "Video games can't have plots"…
Sounds like George Lucas has never played a modern video game in his life. Comparing a video game to a football game is like comparing apples and oranges. It's also funny considering I can think of plenty of games that had better plots and character arcs than the last three terrible Star Wars movies he wrote, directed, and produced.

@New Canadian PM says society must stand up to Gamergate…
He also implicates many other forms of media for promoting misogyny, not just video games. It's not like what he's saying is untrue...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
28. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 19, 2015, 15:22 Desalus

Cpmartins wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 14:01:
Any coherently written RPG. Recently, Witcher 3 and Wasteland 2.

I don't see how Bethesda's games are incoherently written when compared with those two. Sure the main plot of Bethesda's games may not be as good, but they are far from the worst I have seen.

I think part of the problem with Bethesda's games is that to give the player freedom over what kind of character they want to play, they always start the character off as literally a nobody. No one in the world knows who they are, they have no backstory, and as a result they have no depth.

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 19, 2015, 13:53 Desalus

Cpmartins wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 12:39:
That'd be setting yourself for disappointment. Bethesda can't write a good plot or an interesting backstory to save their lives. Best to shoot things and forget about anything else.

It's difficult for me to understand why people say that Bethesda's plots and dialogue are so terrible. What are you comparing their games to?

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Oct 19, 2015, 12:17 Desalus

We're talking about EA and Star Wars. EA taking advantage of all those Star Wars fanatics shouldn't come as any surprise. They are going to milk this for all it's worth.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Update
26. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 12:00 Desalus

Razumen wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 10:44:
Desalus wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 10:29:
Razumen wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 10:12:
Honestly, anyone that tries to argue that this game is a fraud is just a blatant troll at this point.

As far as I'm aware very few people have said the game is an outright fraud. The question people have is whether or not they have enough funding left to release a feature complete game.

Lol, it pops up anytime the game is discussed, just look at Cutter's fucking comment.

Pipe dreams and fraud are not equivalent in my book. I think most people would agree that Chris has every intention of finishing the game, the only question is whether or not he can with the resources he has left (which a lot of people don't think he will be able to do). It's pretty obvious that a true fraud would not have hired 200+ employees.

News Comments > Raven's Cry Renamed; Rerelease Plans
3. Re: Raven's Cry Renamed; Rerelease Plans Oct 19, 2015, 10:37 Desalus

So, ummm....what was actually changed or fixed? Saying that the game is now almost nearing how 'it was meant to be seen and played' doesn't really mean a whole lot.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Update
6. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 10:29 Desalus

Razumen wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 10:12:
Honestly, anyone that tries to argue that this game is a fraud is just a blatant troll at this point.

As far as I'm aware very few people have said the game is an outright fraud. The question people have is whether or not they have enough funding left to release a feature complete game.

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 19, 2015, 09:55 Desalus

InBlack wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 02:49:
No. 1 bestselling game all week hasn't even been released yet. I wonder how many of those who bought in on the hype will be completely underwhelmed and disappointed once the game ships?

It doesn't seem like the game was hyped up all that much. To me it was portrayed as an upgraded FO3, with some new features and gameplay improvements but nothing revolutionary. I think the reason most people are excited is because it's the next Bethesda Game Studios open world rpg and it's a Fallout game.

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
88. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 17:40 Desalus

Zor wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 16:45:
Actors are known to do creative projects for small payouts due to favors/friendships/courtesy/etc. I honestly think it's not outside the realm of possibility that some of them would agree to less of a paycheck than they normally would.

If I was a well known actor I would be asking for more money than usual considering the game development is being lead by the same person that wrote and directed the terribly received Wing Commander movie. If I'm going to take the chance of acting in a possible turd I wouldn't do it at a discount.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2015, 11:13 Desalus

Thank you Blue for creating this awesome website and supporting it all these years!  

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Announced
5. Re: Far Cry Primal Announced Oct 6, 2015, 13:28 Desalus

Well this is a nice change of pace and unlike the past few entries in the series it has piqued my interest. Not exactly sure why but I've grown tired of playing FPS games over the past few years so I'm glad they didn't bastardize the setting by trying to mix in modern weaponry.  

148 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo