Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Desalus

Real Name Desalus   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 30, 2013, 02:11
Total Comments 108 (Novice)
User ID 57911

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam
36. Re: Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam Sep 1, 2015, 15:12 Desalus

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 14:47:
That one line is enough to make it a no buy. M/KB should always be the main and equal to or better than adding console controller.(as well as the console save system).

C'mon...you're meaning to tell me you prefer to play racing and platforming games with a M/KB over a controller? I find that very hard to believe. Some games are easier to control with a M/KB and some are easier to control with a controller. There's no need to be a "PC Master Race" elitist.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam
5. Re: Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam Sep 1, 2015, 10:42 Desalus

From what I gather from the reviews the biggest complaint is that the game gets repetitive rather quickly and it has a few technical issues. I find it hard to believe that those complaints warrant the 50/100 score from Polygon however. I'd like to see how that reviewer rates MMORPGs (which are the the epitome of repetitive).  

News Comments > New Heroes of the Storm Map Today
4. Re: New Heroes of the Storm Map Today Aug 26, 2015, 10:46 Desalus

InBlack wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 09:16:
Not sure whether I should just grit my teeth and accept the MMR hell-hole Ive dug myself into (unknowingly since this was my first MOBA) and chip away at it while enduring AFK'ers & Feeders in nearly every single game I play, or just simply say fuck you Blizzard and uninstall...

Judging from your experiences it sounds like you should definitely uninstall. No game is worth suffering over, especially because I'm sure you have plenty of other much more enjoyable games.

News Comments > Bethesda Games on GOG.com
4. Re: Bethesda Games on GOG.com Aug 26, 2015, 10:28 Desalus

I'm glad to see Redguard is finally available. I've been wanting to try it out for a while now.

If anyone cares, Daggerfall and Arena are free to download from the Elder Scrolls website without having to make any purchase.

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
71. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 16:42 Desalus

I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm glad Derek is doing this. Perhaps if it was a different individual doing this people's reaction would be much more positive. Who doesn't want more transparency from a company that has has taken in millions of dollars from fans and then failed to deliver on its goals?  

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Aug 20, 2015, 13:43 Desalus

If there's a market for video games there will always be an industry for video games.

Anyway, most developers don't have to worry about being harassed because no one knows who they are so they can't be targeted. The more you keep your head down the less often you will have to deal with the assholes on the internet.

News Comments > (Old) Leaked DOOM Footage
16. Re: (Old) Leaked DOOM Footage Aug 18, 2015, 14:36 Desalus

PHJF wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 13:59:
Yeah, shooters are oft renowned for their "strong narratives".

True there are but a few (must be why I don't play many FPS these days), but some semblance of a storyline and a narrative is better than none. I look at the current iteration of DOOM and it seems that no attention has been payed to a storyline and instead it's all about pushing the boundaries of pixelated gore. The level editor looks like a nice touch, but I can't imagine that the gameplay will keep me interested for more than a few hours.

News Comments > (Old) Leaked DOOM Footage
11. Re: (Old) Leaked DOOM Footage Aug 18, 2015, 13:56 Desalus

Bill Borre wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 13:04:
lol. Was I the only one who liked it? I would love to see a story-focused game set in the Doom universe following a small group of characters trying to survive.

No, you're not the only one. I thought it looked more interesting than the mindless run and gun gameplay that it ended up being. I tend to enjoy games a lot more when they have a strong narrative to immerse myself in.

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
10. Re: Mad Max Trailer Aug 4, 2015, 11:23 Desalus

MajorD wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 10:39:
Yeah, I agree, they haven't shown any actual gameplay footage, which doesn't give you a whole lot of confidence in the game.

Yes, actually they have shown gameplay in the the 'Gameplay Overview Trailer': http://www.bluesnews.com/s/160980/mad-max-trailer

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 10:07 Desalus

Frags4Fun wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 10:04:
So what happens if I do a free upgrade and after a year, I decide that I don't want to pay and I want to go back to Win7/8/8.1, will my old license be nuked?

If you upgrade within a year from now it's free forever. The only reason you would have to pay is if you don't upgrade within the next year. If you want to go back to a previous Windows version I'm sure the key would still be valid (at least that's how it has worked in the past).

I would invite you to visit the Windows 10 website for more information.

Edit: If you want to download it now (instead of waiting for your 'reserved' copy) you can go here to download the ISO files.

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 2015, 10:13.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 09:49 Desalus

Cutter wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 09:43:
So what's the deal with this "free" upgrade and how long does it last?

You need Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 to upgrade for free and it's free for a year. If you're using one of those operating systems you should have a windows symbol in your taskbar which allows you to reserve your copy for download.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 09:43 Desalus

He lives less than three miles away from me so I had a brief urge to go do something mischievous. However, considering his name is ruined, his dental practice is most likely ruined, and he might be charged with poaching, I'm guessing he's already learned his lesson.  

News Comments > Victor Vran Released
5. Re: Victor Vran Released Jul 24, 2015, 12:00 Desalus

Alamar wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 11:13:
"I hunt demons for a living"... WTF is Geralt doing hunting demons here?

I had the same exact thought. Seems like they are trying to capitalize on the success of the Witcher by having the same voice actor or someone who sounds exactly like him.

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 2015, 12:05.

News Comments > Smedley Leaves Daybreak
15. Re: Smedley Leaves Daybreak Jul 23, 2015, 16:33 Desalus

Cutter wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 15:44:
SOE should have fired his ass with the Vanguard fiasco. That could have been such an amazeballs game. And chief bean counter taking over the role? Oh yeah, that'll work out well. Rolleyes I'm guessing we'll see Daybreak games dead inside a year, two at most.

Vanguard was doomed from the start because of the managerial ineptitude of Brad McQuaid. SOE was the only reason the fiasco turned into a playable game after they took over full development.

On another note, I doubt many will be saddened to hear the news of Smedley leaving. I don't recall very many positive things said about him among SOE's fans. It seems Smedley was always to blame for every unpopular decision that was made to change a MMORPG(and there were a lot of them).

News Comments > Win10 Gamer Primer
25. Re: Win10 Gamer Primer Jul 22, 2015, 13:52 Desalus

"As gamers, one of the coolest features coming with Windows 10 is the Xbox app."

Am I missing something or is the Xbox app completely worthless if you don't own a Xbox One? Microsoft makes it sound like PC gamers should be excited about it regardless of whether or not they own a XBONE, but to me it looks like the app is entirely tied into owning the console.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Switches to Unreal Engine 4
4. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Switches to Unreal Engine 4 Jul 16, 2015, 12:38 Desalus

Switching game engines 2 years into development typically isn't a good sign. I never had high hopes for this game and now it seems even more likely that the game will never see the light of day or it will be a pile of shit. I'm not sure why Games Workshop gave the 40k license to a developer with a track record of making terrible games.

It's really too bad that the 40K MMO didn't work out for Vigil Games. I had some faith that they could actually make a good game, unlike Behaviour Interactive.

News Comments > Gearbox May Outsource Next Duke Nukem
21. Re: Gearbox May Outsource Next Duke Nukem Jul 15, 2015, 12:22 Desalus

How many people actually care if this franchise continues? From my point of view most people were only interested in DNF because they were curious to see how the game would finally turn out. After it proved to be a pile of shit, I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of those people have simply lost interest in Duke Nukem.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Trial
15. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Trial Jul 15, 2015, 12:08 Desalus

How's the multiplayer aspect of the game? Is it worth the download?

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
65. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 9, 2015, 14:32 Desalus

About the only time you see developers admit to anything being amiss is when the company is about to go bankrupt and the people being laid off start talking. Until then it's always the same PR bullshit about everything being just fine.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Gameplay Video
17. Re: No Man's Sky Gameplay Video Jul 7, 2015, 13:57 Desalus

Cutter wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 10:45:
Jesus, could that clown have had his tongue up his ass any further? And then they wonder why no one takes game "journalists" seriously.

As Sean took the ship into space I had to laugh/cringe when the IGN journalist said, "That..okay..well just blew my mind. That was, that was a thing that just happened. We were just walking around, you were swimming under water, and now you're in space." He said it as if he had NEVER seen a trailer of this game before. Nothing that was shown off looks very exciting and yet he acts like everything he is witness to is groundbreaking. Sean shows him two moons and he exclaims "Oh my goodness."

108 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo