Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Renee

Real Name Renee   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Renee
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 23, 2013, 15:31
Total Comments 9 (Suspect)
User ID 57906

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Free Magrunner: Dark Pulse on GOG.com
2. Re: Free Magrunner: Dark Pulse on GOG.com Jun 18, 2014, 14:04 Renee

There are about a dozen free games available from GOG right now, search by price and check "free."  
Steam ID: Renee
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Adam Orth Making a Game - Deal With It
17. Re: Adam Orth Making a Game - Deal With It Feb 10, 2014, 21:59 Renee

I hope it will be always online and everyone who tries to play it will error 37.  

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins
23. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins Nov 20, 2013, 16:02 Renee

.net_Drifter wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 15:03:
Played Diablo III, never once used the auction house. Granted, never played it on the hardest level either, but personally it was like the auction house didn't even exist to me, wasn't a factor.
Constantly online was, as even to this day there's stutter and random lag that most other online games I play never have.

As an aside, Path of Exile seems to require you constantly be online too, unless I'm missing something. Haven't seen nearly the ire over that, as it was with D3.
It also seems that, other than the basic attack you start with, all other attacks/spells must be acquired as gems you have to slot in your equipment. Granted, I've only tried 3 characters and haven't leveled very far, but I'm not really seeing (so far) the need to have different classes when all attacks seem to come from found gems. That might change further down the line, I don't know though. In any case, PoE isn't grabbing me any more than D3 did, and I was expecting it to bases on all the "it's brilliant!" feedback I've been reading on it. The graphics I do like more than D3's so far.
+1 to all of that. Mirrors my thoughts and experiences with both games exactly, although I've played POE more than you have.

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Dragonfall (Berlin) in January
4. Re: Shadowrun Returns Dragonfall (Berlin) in January Nov 19, 2013, 11:59 Renee

Looking forward to a new polished campaign for this game!  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
47. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 18, 2013, 10:08 Renee

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 10:02:
I've made the mistake last night to advance way too far ahead with one of my mec soldier and sure enough I've lost him. It was one of those missions that introduced 2 new enemy types. That mec soldier was 17 missions old with 40+ kills. It really hurt.

Yeah, the game is merciless like that!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
43. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 18, 2013, 09:54 Renee

I really agree with the X:EW observations here, from fun factor to Meld complications and the difficulty of classic. There would be a sweet spot for me somewhere between current normal and classic. The early months are even more difficult than I remember, and troops a lot tougher to keep alive.

But I still like the game a lot. I'm playing it with D3 breaks I use to cool off after aliens, through inflicting so much death or injury, block my ability to effectively hold my own, and I need some time to reformulate my early game strategy. I still haven't gotten all the way through a classic campaign yet. Trying to fine tune which soldier types I want to mech up most, how early I want to do it (mechs are really incredibly expensive. Just a couple fully upgraded can wipe out your whole supply).

I am getting mowed down in full cover even more than I remember. It makes me lean toward the only good defenses being ghost armor, mimetic skin, or extreme height advantages. So many times I've had the guy with one pip of health I was trying hard to keep alive get strangled while in cover in the rear, and stuff like that.

And someone can be in overwatch and still get strangled without being able to get their shot off? Ouch.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2013, 14:31 Renee

Starburst, for some reason, was the candy of choice in our office when I was deployed to an HQ in Afghanistan. We would buy huge bags and portion them out according to which flavors were whose favorites. Every once in a while we'd order the non-regular flavors like tropical or whatever, and it would be an "occasion." I will never be able to think of Starburst without thinking of Kabul anymore.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within
19. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 12, 2013, 15:09 Renee

The meld mechanic is pretty fun. In my first game I fanned out and dashed forward on the first turn of the first mission. The next turn, I saw a canister and had five turns to get it. The turn after that there were six sectoids around it and I spotted my second canister while moving in - and there were not enough turns to recover it. It definitely places a premium on rapid scouting and mobility, as well as the use of grenades to eliminate danger.

EDIT: And another thing, if you dash a soldier to a canister or a door, you apparently no longer can re-select them and use a mouse click to open the door, use the canister or otherwise select an interactable. It makes it even more tense.

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2013, 15:21.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Saints Row IV: Enter the Dominatrix
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row IV: Enter the Dominatrix Oct 23, 2013, 11:33 Renee

Shouldn't the Dominatrix be entering you, instead?  

9 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo