Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MindTrigger

Real Name MindTrigger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MindTrigger
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 243456502
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 21, 2000, 04:23
Total Comments 1450 (Pro)
User ID 5789

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM Movie Mania
48. Re: It looks like crap Jul 27, 2005, 16:07 MindTrigger

lol Better than Wing Commander.... now that's an endorsement.

I'm looking forward to this movie. I think people who pre-judge anything, movies included, are pretty much morons. Not only that, reviewing any kind of "art" is completely subjective. What some of you hate, I may love.

My brother is a good example of that. I refuse to listen to him when he talks about movies. I don't know what he expects from a movie, but his standards are much higher than mine. He didn't like War of the Worlds, and I thoroughly enjoyed, just as an example. He's a sci-fi fan just like I am.

I may joke around about the potential for a movie to suck, which clearly this one has, but that's about it.

---
Can we have a real space program please? One that doesn't require pyrotechnics would be great.

--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

46. Re: It looks like crap Jul 27, 2005, 15:46 MindTrigger

I loved Shaun of the Dead, but then I love any movie related to zombies.

---
Can we have a real space program please? One that doesn't require pyrotechnics would be great.

--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

33. Re: No subject Jul 27, 2005, 13:06 MindTrigger

I agree about bad sci-fi. It takes a lot for me to dislike any sci-fi movie. The only dvd i can recall turning off was Ghosts On Mars.

TV sci-fi is different. I don't watch much cheesey tv sci-fi.

---

--

News Comments > More on Unlocked BF2 Weapons
13. Re: No subject Jul 26, 2005, 13:20 MindTrigger

What cracks me up is that I'm a Lance Corporal and I keep waiting to see that progress bar move a little bit toward Corporal, but it doesn't I put 6 hours in the other night, and it barely moved. Ouch.

I don't care much about the unlocks. They don't seem to matter. For example, I unlocked the alternate medic rifle. It's nice and accurate but I think it shoots BBs. Takes like 30 hits from any distance to kill someone.

BTW, it may sound like Im ripping on the game. I actually love it. It just needs a couple balance passes, and the obvious bug fixes.

---

--

News Comments > More on Unlocked BF2 Weapons
8. Re: Do the math Jul 26, 2005, 13:00 MindTrigger

I don't mind the power of the assault choppers. What pisses me off is they are too hard to take out from the gound, and if your team doesn't have a decent pilot to counter the other team, you are screwed.

Last night on a server of decent players, I watched two guys own my entire team map after map. No one on my team was worth a damn as a pilot, and ground to air weapons are all but useless except for close range encounters. I use the anti-tank class against enemy choppers all the time. Pretty much mastered the Rocket Launcher.

Not exactly sure why you can put a rocket at an infantry player's feet though, and 75% of the time you only do minor damage to them. Then they shoot you in the forehead.

---
Would someone please make an expansion for King Pin: Life of Crime
This comment was edited on Jul 26, 13:09.

--

News Comments > Federal Rockstar Probe
21. Re: Well Jul 26, 2005, 12:51 MindTrigger

We are a country led by the galactically stupid. We will fall.

Our congress has no god damned idea what they should be involved with anymore. Now they just go along with pop-culture.

---
Would someone please make an expansion for KingPin: Life of Crime
This comment was edited on Jul 26, 12:53.

--

News Comments > BF2 Stat Attack
31. Re: No subject Jul 26, 2005, 01:24 MindTrigger

Ditto on Tribes 1 and 2 being my favorite time ever playing online FPS. Quake 2 is a close 2nd to those, and if BF2 can get sorted out, it may make the short list as well.

---

--

News Comments > BF2 Stat Attack
29. Re: No subject Jul 26, 2005, 01:20 MindTrigger

I personally don't care if people have all their points maxed out. Doesn't affect my game one bit. I'm having a blast playing it.

---

--

News Comments > BF2 Patch Plans
56. Re: Point Exploit Rollbacks Jul 23, 2005, 14:10 MindTrigger

As for the mines and stuff TKing people.... I saw this in the Tribes games, and the Devs ended up changing mines so they don't detonate on teamates even when FF is on. The blast could still hurt/kill teamates if they happen to be around when they are set off though.

---

--

55. Re: Point Exploit Rollbacks Jul 23, 2005, 14:07 MindTrigger

I don't understand why people care so much about the rewards and ranks. I mean I only play on ranked servers, and I'm happy when I accomplish a goal, but I don't play to the stats. There isn't really much reason to from what I can tell. Unlocked weapons are cool and all, but they don't change the game THAT much.

I just play the game how I want and let the rewards/ranks come naturally. That's one of the things I love about this game. I can play the class that fits my mood at the time. Lots of great options make for unique experiences all the time.

---

--

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Tour of Duty Announced
24. Re: Insert critical comment here: Jul 22, 2005, 19:11 MindTrigger

So we get to choose which army to join. I don't know about you guys, but I don't know many people that are going to run and join the "Middle Eastern Coalition" when given a choice. I don't mind being forced to that team in standard BF2, but If I had the option, I wouldn't pick it.

---

--

9. Re: That sucks... Jul 22, 2005, 19:03 MindTrigger

So we have an announcement for a patch that isn't coming out for over a month, and a fix list that may or may not be accurate due to complications or changes in priority over the next 30+ days.

I will just pretend I never read this "news".

Still, I love this game. I can't say it enough. Bugs and all. I haven't had this much fun online in years.

---

--

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: No subject Jul 22, 2005, 00:03 MindTrigger

Does Spam Justify Vigilantism?

ummm Yeah.

---

--

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Tour of Duty Announced
7. Re: 3rd Party Jul 21, 2005, 23:50 MindTrigger

I'll cough up $10 even though EA is the anti-christ.

aahahaha. I likey.

---

--

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source Update
27. Re: : Jul 21, 2005, 19:39 MindTrigger

Sorry for being kind of a dick today. Many of you regulars know that I do have those days where I am in rare form and decide to poke at people. This is one of them. No harm meant to anyone.

"I know it was a dick move. That's why I'm paying for your meal." -NPH (from Harold and Kumar)

---

--

25. Re: : Jul 21, 2005, 19:06 MindTrigger

Some of you dorks need to get out and see the sun once in a while. Fanbois. God forbid anyone should take a crack at your loveable Valve.

The point remains.... CS:S is the same old crap as it was years and years ago, but with a new engine. *MANY* people had to pay seperately for HL1 back then, and now HL2 so that they could play CS and CS:S. After all those years, did they make CS2? Nope.. they just waited and ported it over. Now it's a major announcement if there are new models or the occasional new map.

Sorry, I think it's a joke.

Don't get me started on all the mods that aren't out yet or already failed because Source was supposed to be the most mod friendly engine ever made. It probably is if you have a staff of 100 people working on your mod, or 2 years to get it done.

That clear enough? I guess it's my fault for not being specific enough.

Flame on, fellow gamers.

---
This comment was edited on Jul 21, 19:41.

--

20. Re: : Jul 21, 2005, 18:22 MindTrigger

*SOME* of you tards, you had to by the HL1 engine and Source engine to PLAY CS. So you paid for it twice. Nice try though.

---

::Edited for clarity for the analists around here.::
This comment was edited on Jul 21, 19:17.

--

1. No subject Jul 21, 2005, 12:00 MindTrigger

Is this the patch that makes CS:S not a "pretty" rehash of an ancient game. Just think, *SOME OF US* paid for CS at least twice... lol

---

::Edited for clarity for the analists around here.::
This comment was edited on Jul 21, 19:18.

--

News Comments > Into the Black
17. Re: No subject Jul 21, 2005, 11:29 MindTrigger

Sphinx,

As an IT Director who uses the "Scotty Principle" on a daily basis, I couldn't agree more. I have a friend who is a programmer who constantly over-promises and under delivers (delivers late). I'm trying to teach him, but he never watched Star Trek. Not sure he will ever get it lol

Thanks James.

---
This comment was edited on Jul 21, 11:30.

--

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: No subject Jul 20, 2005, 21:24 MindTrigger

What a bummer, Scotty. It's sad to see an icon of Sci-Fi and pop culture go.

---

--

1450 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo