Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MindTrigger

Real Name MindTrigger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MindTrigger
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 243456502
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 21, 2000, 04:23
Total Comments 1450 (Pro)
User ID 5789

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Hell Tycoon Announced
7. Re: Afterlife, anyone? Oct 5, 2005, 02:12 MindTrigger

Holy SHIT... a fresh idea. Someone SLAP MEH!

---
BF2 Player Name: "MindTrigger"
"...We're gonna string you up, You've got balls but..... We got the whip, we got a better bomb..." -Audioslave

--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DNF in December?
10. Re: No subject Oct 4, 2005, 19:29 MindTrigger

Give me a break here. With all the vapor surrounding this game, I have a hard time seeing how anyone would be inclined to take this information for anything more than complete horse shit.

Besides, as long as they put in good hi-res, high-poly count strippers showing some ass in the game, I will wait as long as it takes... haha!

---
"...We're gonna string you up, You've got balls but..... We got the whip, we got a better bomb..." -Audioslave

--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Patch
53. Re: Why are you looking at my C:? Oct 4, 2005, 15:35 MindTrigger

Kick ass, now I don't have to wait until January to get my next unlock.. lol

G36C here I come!

---

--

34. Re: MP list filter bug... Oct 4, 2005, 13:52 MindTrigger

mOOzilla,

The pilot does not have to get out to get a cap. Everyone else has to get out to speed it up. The good thing is, the chopper will be closer to the ground and moving less. A well placed grenade into the side door will kill the pilot.

Should bring some new tactics.. im looking forward to it.

---

--

33. Re: MP list filter bug... Oct 4, 2005, 13:49 MindTrigger

I'm glad they nerfed chopper whoring. It *can* be easy for people to take out the BH, but only if the guy flying it is a shitty pilot, and there are shitty gunners. Any decent pilot can circle a flag at a decent range while a gunner sweeps the area. It only takes a couple seconds to kill everyone near a flag with the BH guns, and a few seconds to cap, before the players spawn back in. Also, if you have a couple engineers in the BH, they can counter the damage done by one ground gunner pretty easily, which is all there ever really is because most people are too stupid to actually shoot at the BH.

I'm very good at downing a BH with the assault grenade launcher, but if the gunners take me out, I know they will have the flag capped and be half way to the next one by the time I respawn. At least now they have to get out of the chopper to speed up the cap. Should be MUCH better.

Also, a smart BH whore pilot will fly around the bases where the enemy is spawning heavily, and just keep the other ones capped, then cap the final flags while the enemy is under heavy fire from ground attack. I've seen Mashtuur closed out in 5 minutes SEVERAL times. This also ruins the map/round for everyone else except the chopper whores who managed to rack up 100 points by flying around like little bitches, capping flags......(takes breath).

Seriously, I would say that this was my biggest gripe about the game. The other stuff was tolerable.

---

--

8. Re: Well? Oct 4, 2005, 12:33 MindTrigger

I'm going to cross posts a couple of my recent messages from yesterday's BF2 patch thread since this one will kill it.

-----------------------------------------

That's a hell of a patch. LOTS of fixes/changes in there. This one is going to become a problem for those of you, like me, who are actually GOOD squad leaders....

- Auto team balance no longer moves players to the other team if they
are a team commander or a squad leader.

Expect players to quickly fill up the max number of squads, because it will prevent them from being changed to the other team. This will be a particular problem on the USMC team. I fully expect squads to be fucked from this. Even more cock gobblers who are too stupid too be REAL squad leaders will start squads because of it. These command positions should be performance based.

I would also like to add that DICE needs to put in DEFENSE points for commander assets just like they do for the flag. Commanders are going to find that their stuff is CONSTANTLY down because there will be a new influx of spec ops players now that there are points to be made. Problem is, asset defense will stay at the minimum it already is because there is no incentive to defend them.

Other than these issues, I'm pretty stoked about this patch. Good job DICE. Better late than shitty.

-----------------------------------------

They should just call this the e-penis feature. I can hear the fucking dorks who play the game 8+ hours a day already...

- Stat Compare

By clicking the COMPARE button in BFHQ, you can search for another
players name and load their current stats into BFHQ. Using the
arrow buttons next to the name in the top-left corner of the menu,
you can toggle between your stats and their stats.

You can also load a player's stats by double-clicking on their
name in any leaderboard.

---

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 12:35.

--

News Comments > BF2 Patch Tomorrow
27. Re: HELL YES Oct 4, 2005, 12:29 MindTrigger

Overon...

I know this. The point is, people who wouldn't (AND SHOULDN'T) normally become squad leaders will now, and it will quickly fill up all the slots. You will have dipshit players who don't know how to command, becoming squad leaders just to keep from getting auto-balanced. It's bad enough already, this will pretty much kills squads on public servers.

---

--

3. Re: Well? Oct 4, 2005, 12:19 MindTrigger

DC??

---

--

News Comments > Black & White 2 Ships - Patch Plans
1. No subject Oct 4, 2005, 12:19 MindTrigger

I love this time of year.

Black and White 2 is so NOT my kind of game. I play shooters pretty much exclusively. I'm gonna try this one out though. I'm interested to see how the AI is. I heard good things about the AI in teh first game, even though the actual gameplay sucked (IMO).

---

--

25. Re: HELL YES Oct 4, 2005, 12:09 MindTrigger

Do you ever wonder if the people who makes these games actually play them? I mean sure I've been gaming (online fps) for like a decade now, but the things I posted below seem like common sense. It's like people don't completely think through a feature/fix.

---

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 12:11.

--

24. Re: HELL YES Oct 4, 2005, 12:06 MindTrigger

That's a hell of a patch. LOTS of fixes/changes in there. This one is going to become a problem for those of you, like me, who are actually GOOD squad leaders....

- Auto team balance no longer moves players to the other team if they
are a team commander or a squad leader.

Expect players to quickly fill up the max number of squads, because it will prevent them from being changed to the other team. This will be a particular problem on the USMC team. I fully expect squads to be fucked from this. Even more cock gobblers who are too stupid too be REAL squad leaders will start squads because of it. These command positions should be performance based.

I would also like to add that DICE needs to put in DEFENSE points for commander assets just like they do for the flag. Commanders are going to find that their stuff is CONSTANTLY down because there will be a new influx of spec ops players now that there are points to be made. Problem is, asset defense will stay at the minimum it already is because there is no incentive to defend them.

Other than these issues, I'm pretty stoked about this patch. Good job DICE. Better late than shitty.

---

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 12:16.

--

22. Re: HELL YES Oct 4, 2005, 11:55 MindTrigger

They should just call this the e-penis feature. I can hear the fucking dorks who play the game 8+ hours a day already...

-------------------------

- Stat Compare

By clicking the COMPARE button in BFHQ, you can search for another
players name and load their current stats into BFHQ. Using the
arrow buttons next to the name in the top-left corner of the menu,
you can toggle between your stats and their stats.

You can also load a player's stats by double-clicking on their
name in any leaderboard.

---

--

News Comments > Gold - Quake 4
110. Re: C'mon now,,,, Oct 4, 2005, 11:49 MindTrigger

As for quake news back in the day, I have been reading Blues since it was Blues Quake Rag. I hung out at lots of sites back then, but the other one that stands out for me was "Stomping Grounds". Of course Scary's and Redwood's were hot.

To this day, I still always check the freezer section at the super market for Riblet Dinners... haha.

---

--

107. Re: C'mon now,,,, Oct 4, 2005, 11:38 MindTrigger

The only way this game has a chance for me to play it beyond the single player mode...

THREEWAVE CTF WITH THE OFFHAND GRAP!!!

The jump pads in Q3 were kinda fun at times, but nothing compared to teh grap. I think people who mastered the grap like I did saw the jump pads as a dumbed down concept. A cartoony version of something which required great skill to master.

The jump pads were the beginning of the end for FPS games which actually required skill. I remember talking to lots of gamers back then who refused to play Quake2 because they would be dead every 15 seconds. They were never able to learn the game...

I mean seriously, those of you who played DIE FUCKING HARD Quake1 and Quake2 CTF, remember how insanely skilled you could get with it. For example...

1) See enemy coming.
2) run toward enemy while simultaneously throwing your grap at a point in the opposite direction.
3) start raining rockets at them, while being yanked backwards by teh grap.
4) watch enemy die.

That was just one of the simpler tricks, but it worked more than well.

As a side note, some of you know from posts in here that I was a full on Tribes 1/2 player. Quake 1 and 2 are directly responsible for my loving the jetpack in Tribes so much. The grappling hook gave us that extra dimension in which to do battle, just like the packs in tribes.

Oh, and Q4 better have rocket jumping too.

---

--

17. Re: Quake rules... Oct 3, 2005, 23:17 MindTrigger

I just hope it's better than Doom 3.

Pretty sad. Couple years ago I was shitting for this game. Now I could care less. Bring on ET:QW

---

--

6. Re: HELL YES Oct 3, 2005, 23:08 MindTrigger

<Quake 3> Holy Shit! </Quake 3>

---

--

News Comments > Best Buy's Pre-pwned Program
39. Re: Marc Rein = Music Industry Oct 1, 2005, 15:43 MindTrigger

I would also like to add that making all games subscription based to regain lost retail profits would simply push people over to consoles faster. They can't get away with that subscription shit as easily on the consoles.

I prefer the PC myself, but consoles are getting pretty awesome these days. A few more (PC gamer friendly) features, and a nudge from greedy PC game devs will be all it takes for me to switch. Maybe not this generation, but the next.

I'm getting a 360, so who knows?

---

--

News Comments > BF2 Patch News
93. Re: Calabi-Yau Oct 1, 2005, 15:17 MindTrigger

By the way everyone, looks like Creative is having an interesting problem with PCIe. I didn't know there wasn't a PCIe version of the X-Fi cards. I've heard plenty of arguments about PCIe bandwidth not being utilized, but this is the first 'show stopper' I have read about Here is a snip from a guru32.com article...

Update August 30, 2005 - One of the questions that remained to be answered was why Creative decide to go for a PCI only based soundcard, we found at that in the near future there will not be a PCI-Express version of the sound card. Steve Erickson, vice president for Creative's audio products was kind enough to answer that question, here's his take:

As far as PCI Express (PCIe) is concerned, which is the next bus, what we found is that the performance of PCIe is truly bad for audio. We are seeing four times degradation on the bus for audio.

PCIe is designed for graphics and high data transfer, but audio sends very small packets and the overhead can be very big! Moving the data across PCIe is much, much higher than PCI. So what we have to do is go back to the drawing board and work on the transport part of the chip and re-design it to add more silicon to overcome some of the problems we had with PCIe. So for us to come up with a PCIe solution is going to take a while because we have to overcome the problems we're facing with that bus.

Link: http://www.guru3d.com/article/sound/246/16/

I was planning to do away with PCI on my next machine. guess I will wait a bit longer before I do that.

---

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 15:19.

--

92. Re: Calabi-Yau Oct 1, 2005, 14:38 MindTrigger

Zeph,

That was seriously pretty sad dude. How anyone can get so pissed over message board posts on a gaming site is beyond me. As I just stated in the post below this one, I never take ANY of you too seriously. To do so would be ludicrous.

I thought e-threats were reserved for people brand new to the internet and children??

---

--

91. Re: Calabi-Yau Oct 1, 2005, 14:33 MindTrigger

Calabi-Yau,

I didn't buy Bose, it came in my S4. Sorry, there wasn't a 'thrifty' Audiovox am radio option. Even if I did, I don't see how it would be a "waste of money". That may be your opinion, but it's not mine.

I never read anything that said they could recreate lost data, and if they did, I would chuckle. I work daily with many types of audio and video compression. I do know that I am looking for a cleaner, crisper sound, with less noise and distortion and this card delivers. I wanted a better 3D soundstage for gaming than the Audigy 2s can create, and the X-Fi delivered that as well. The Crystalizer functionality *DOES* make some MP3s sound better, because it sharpens some of the sounds than can go flat with compression. I actually liked the effect on both full quality CD music and DVD Audio too. Obviously they are not recreating the actual lost data, although the end result may sound a little like it since they ARE enhancing certain sounds.

I don'y care for the software bundle, and I wish they would offer a cheaper card without all the crap, but it's a free market and they can sell it how they wish. I bought the 'cheapest' one, and had planned to take it back if the sound wasn't a decent improvement over my Audigy 2 ZS Platinum. Turned out It was.

I hate to break this too you but labels/brands do, quite often, bring better quality with them. In the case of stereo equipment, there are high end brands that spank everything below them. You can stand there and tell me they don't sound better if you want, and I can laugh at you. Your argument about how much money the card is worth is subjective. You can't give your impression of the card, because you haven't used one.

I suggest, since you appear to be a Bluesnoob, that you learn not to take the discussions and arguments here too personally. I don't hold any REAL LIFE ill will toward anyone here. This board is an MMO E-penis fest 24 hours a day. Get over it

---
This comment was edited on Oct 1, 15:08.

--

1450 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo