Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brian Merzak

Real Name Brian Merzak   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rossini
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 23, 2013, 19:45
Total Comments 36 (Suspect)
User ID 57885

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 1, 2014, 20:13 Rossini

I know what the L, G, B and T stand for, but Q?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Morning Patches Oct 1, 2014, 10:27 Rossini

Elite Dangerous Beta 2.0 came with a total wipe. For previous beta players, you now start at Azeban Outpost as opposed to Azeban City. I took me a while to figure out that commodities markets don't exist in Outposts. Also, flying just about anywhere is a lot more dangerous than it used to be.

They'll be coming out with 2.01 today as there are more than a few issues like a disappearing Galaxy map.

edit: Clarified which game I was writing about.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2014, 18:39 Rossini

Cutter wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 16:39:
El Pit wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 15:05:
This is very sad news: Malcolm Young is leaving AC/DC, his nephew will take over for him. He is too sick to go on tour with the band next year.

DAMMIT! Thanks, Malcolm, for your great contribution to one of the greatest rock bands EVER! Best wishes for the hard times ahead, mate.

No, what's sad is when the band just won't pack it in. It becomes more of an IP than an actual band. It was one thing to keep going after Bon because they were still really just hitting their stride but it's been 35 years now. It's been a great run, let it go fellas. The more geriatric rockers I see, the sadder it is.

I find many aging rock acts to be sad as well. But check out some of the more recent live AC/DC videos on YouTube and then name me some recent bands that rock harder.

Malcolm's writing and rhythm guitar are a huge part of the AC/DC sound. Hopefully he's still up for penning more tunes. As for live shows, Stevie has filled in for him in the past and will be fine.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2014, 10:09 Rossini

InBlack wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 09:45:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 09:24:
The fact that we haven't gotten rid of the penny here in the US is simply insanely stupid. Probably should get rid of the nickel and paper $1 bills while we are at it. But it won't happen, it makes too much sense.

Why stop with the penny. At the risk of sounding very radical, why not get rid of money alltogether? Hard to believe that someone had the balls to come up with that concept and build a TV show around it, BACK IN THE 60s!!!?? Yeah kind of hard to accept that our parents and grandparents were more progressive and visionary than we are.

What show are you referring to?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 15, 2014, 13:17 Rossini

Obligatory Apple Pay post: http://imgur.com/tBtetD5

Laugh No kidding.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Sep 14, 2014, 11:36 Rossini

And Justice Sotomayor is worried that we're becoming an Orwellian world. Rolleyes  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Sep 11, 2014, 22:30 Rossini

At 5 bucks for the base game and 10 for the game plus DLC, is Kingdoms of Amalur worth it? and who actually gets paid since 38 Studio's has been dead for a while?  

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, Preorder Bonus
14. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, Preorder Bonus Sep 2, 2014, 14:16 Rossini

Darks wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 13:13:
Beamer wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 13:05:
Darks wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 12:58:
Gadzooks wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 12:21:
Borderlands is one of the few games out these days where the DLC they release is actually NEW additional content in full, not an extra couple of multiplayer levels they stripped out to sell as Zero Day DLC like many other games.

When the DLC is actually like buying an expansion to the game, then its not really part of the whole "DLC scam"

I have no issues buying the games DLC because of this, as I have enjoyed the hell out of both BL1 and BL2. The season pass is an extra 30 bucks up front, but in the long run, it saves me 10 bucks. Unless of course I want to wait a year, and buy it on sale. That could be said about any game. Its borderlands, I know it will be fun, so I dont really care to wait a year to enjoy it.

Sorry, but I would have to disagree with you on some of this. Yes, some of what they did release was new and good. but that was mainly after the Season pass ran out. Or do you not recall the Game hunter DLC Sir Hamerlock they released that was a total POS?

The best DLC they released for the Season was the DnD Tiny Tinas. now that was great. So was the newer Island DLC. but that was not part of the Season pack. So its hit and miss with these guys on what they release that is a viable DLC release.

I love the series, but I'm waiting this time around to see what they do release.

The pirate themed DLC was also kind of a POS. So much riding around through empty, dead space.
Still better than Sir Hammerlock. That's where I quit the game - I just couldn't take Sir Hammerlock's DLC. It was awful. I never even downloaded the Tiny Tina one. Hammerlock was that bad.

Beamer, you should try the Tiny Tina DLC. it was actually a lot of fun. The introduction of Fireballs, Magic Missiles and Lightning grenades was pretty awesome.

Plus, Tina was a riot in the game.

BTW, Torques DLC was pretty fun too.

I totally agree about the Tiny Tina DLC. For me, it was worth the Season Pass all by itself. In addition to the new mobs and toys, it has a great storyline.

For the Pre-Sequel, I'll be in the under 10 bucks crowd unless I hear it's awesome from real players. My butt's still sore from Duke Nukem.

24. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2014, 15:45 Rossini

jdreyer wrote on May 30, 2014, 13:44:
Mr. Tact wrote on May 30, 2014, 09:35:
Wow. Should have been a fire sale for the Clippers, instead Ballmer pays a premium. This is for the team only, well -- and a small practice facility. A few years from now, if not sooner, people will be talking about the ridiculous price he paid for the team and how much Ballner's lost on the deal.

This was my thought. $2B just seems insane. This has consistently been one of the worst teams in the league. What was the estimated value of the team?

EDIT: Read Rossini's comment. Some good points, but this isn't the Dodgers. Maybe it's just "too much" instead of "insanely too much?"

The general consensus is the Clippers have been so bad because the Sterling's used NBA revenue sharing as a personal piggy bank for decades. But the current T.V. deal is up in year or two. The Laker deal was at least $3 billon for 20 years and Dodgers $8+ billion for 25 years. Recent luck with Paul and Griffin, the unusually competent hiring of Rivers plus non-cheap ownership should make them attractive in a bidding war between TWC, DirecTV, Verison, etc. All of whom are desperate for content.

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2014, 12:52 Rossini

The Clipper price actually makes sense given...
- The Dodgers just sold for a couple of billion.
- There were a couple of other 1.5+ billion dollar offers on the table.
- The ridiculously lucrative cable T.V. deals the Dodgers and Lakers recently concluded.
- The team is 'hot' with players Chris Paul (thanks to David Stern) and Blake Griffin coming into their primes vs. aging and injury prone Kobe and Steve Nash.

With a good T.V. deal, Ballmer has a good shot recouping his investment.

News Comments > Tales from the Borderlands Gives Shooter Loot
10. Re: Tales from the Borderlands Gives Shooter Loot May 6, 2014, 01:50 Rossini

eRe4s3r wrote on May 5, 2014, 21:34:
The Half Elf wrote on May 5, 2014, 21:00:
I don't care what it gives, I have no desire to go back to Pandora anytime in the next 3 years.

Well, they have to severely improve the writing and I will come back At this point, 99% of the stuff in Borderlands annoys the holy socks out of me.

I found story in the Tiny Tina DLC was actually pretty good and the main game story was decent for a shooter. But I too have no desire to revisit Pandora for a few years.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead
10. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 1, 2014, 11:21 Rossini

One thing I didn't see in Blue's post but in Frior's message is...

"...In recognition of this experience and to show our gratitude to everyone who supported the launch, we are giving an additional five days of included game time to every ESO player who set up an active account prior to 8pm EDT Thursday May 1st and who are currently enjoying their 30 days of included game time."

If I read that right, it sounds like if you sign up before 8pm EDT today, you'll get an extra 5 'free' days.

I don't know if I'd recommend buying it now for those extra free days. I like the game, but I'm also on the fence about canceling my sub until a lot of things get fixed and polished.

9. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 1, 2014, 11:06 Rossini

Frijoles wrote on May 1, 2014, 10:53:
Increased ability to pick up items in the world

Wonder wtf that means.

There are a lot of boxes, barrels, cabinets, etc. you can interact with to loot. But there are a lot that look like you should be able to loot that you can't. Also, they'd talked in the past about looting weapon and armor racks. I've yet to encounter any of those that were loot-able.

8. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 1, 2014, 11:02 Rossini

Darks wrote on May 1, 2014, 09:49:
I just finished the Daggerfall faction quest line the other day. Loved every bit of it. I won’t give away details on how they give you an option at the end. But it was pretty kewl to keep on progressing after level 50.

BTW, you dont stop leveling after 50, you more to vetern levels after that.

Are you talking about after completing all the VR content?Or the events leading up to the final fight in Coldharbour?

I just finished the big fight at the end of Coldharbour and hit VR1. The dungeons and quests, where they weren't broken, were a lot of fun. Except for weapon swapping which bugs out on me occasionally, I really like the combat system. Some of the other stuff like the inventory/bank UI, guild stores, etc. makes me wonder if the devs play their own game.

5. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 1, 2014, 10:48 Rossini

Stanly Manly wrote on May 1, 2014, 10:38:
HorrorScope wrote on May 1, 2014, 10:23:
A system that allows grouped players to see each other even when they’re in different phases.

This was my #1 issue why I wouldn't consider it, not saying the only one. But man I asked over and over and players said "It was fixed", obviously it's not since it's on their list. Man it sucks when the player base can't be straight with direct questions.

Fanboys and shills... fanboys and shills...

Don't ever expect a real answer from the kinds of "players" who sing the praises of games like this.

Actually it is 'partially' fixed. I've not had a problem in group dungeons all the way through level 50. It is, however, still broken out in the regular world. And it's beginning to look, to me at least, to be a design flaw.

News Comments > Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned
42. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 21, 2014, 20:18 Rossini

BitWraith wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 08:42:
Yeah my ignore list is getting pretty hefty. I keep ignoring them, and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Get the addon LibAntiSpam from esoui.com. It works even better than the SpamFilter addon because it tracks the banned account separately from your ignore list and thus your ignore list doesn't fill up. Also, it prevents the guild invite spam. I've not had one of those since I first installed it.

News Comments > Dupe Bug Causes ESO Bank Closures
7. Re: Dupe Bug Causes ESO Bank Closures Apr 18, 2014, 19:56 Rossini

I hope the PS4 and XB1 players appreciate our beta testing for them. This item duping doesn't bother me too much because the trade tools they've given us are so shitty. It's hard find the stuff you want to buy in the first place with the guild store interface. And then to figure out how to price your items for sale you have to look through several separate guild stores.

Meanwhile, I patched today but no sign of my missing bank slots. The previous patch has me falling through the world at least a couple times a day. It only happened to me once in beta. I also had to kill the game twice today due to being stuck on (non-Cyrodiil) loading screens. In a lot of ways it seems like it's amateur hour over there.

Still I'm having a lot of fun with the stories, quests and especially group dungeons.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Launches
47. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 4, 2014, 16:04 Rossini

I've been having a lot of fun the past few days leveling up an AD NB and a DC Sorc. I can't decided between them.

A couple of addons that are "must have's" are LootDrop (in conjunction with auto-loot) and SpamFilter. The latter puts most of the gold spammers into your ignore list automatically. You can also add rules to it for spammers it can't determine. esoui.com seems like a good place to grab these.

Edit: LootDrop shows what you've looted in a little scrolling window at the bottom right of your screen. It fades out after a bit.

A note about the Recount addon someone mentioned above. It only works for your damage.

This comment was edited on Apr 4, 2014, 16:10.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Launches
46. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 4, 2014, 15:59 Rossini

Alamar wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 12:11:
Darks wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 11:09:
Alamar, you might be interested in checking out Wykkyds mod for ESO. its a very nice UI mod and much more. It has a ton of features to turn on and off.

http://www.curse.com/teso-addons/teso/wykkyds-framework

Just came back from curse to see what it offered... Was surprised to see Recount; Didn't know the numbers were available. Thanks for the suggestion; I like the 'slightly improved' addons, though I may also try the WarLegend HUD.

What I really found I missed yesterday, was after turning auto loot on, I had no idea what I was looting, and found no way to turn it on in the chat window, which meant I would have to open my inventory to see the new stuff every time.

Creston wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 11:46:
JohnBirshire wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 11:40:
My only real criticism so far is the FOV...seriously, do the developers even play videogames?!

Yes, but they play them on shitty consoles that can't handle a higher FOV at a decent resolution...

Though I'd be surprised if the PS4 can't just run this at 90FOV @ 1080p with a decent framerate, because visually it really isn't all that spectacular.

While it's true, smaller FOV renders less objects, I always thought the smaller FOV was because couches sit further away than computer chairs...

Either case is irrelevant on a PC, where options should always be available, especially trivial ones like this.

-Alamar

Paul Sage said in early March they are working on an FOV slider. In the recent AMA on Reddit he said it wouldn't be in for launch. Hopefully, it will show up fairly soon.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Mar 27, 2014, 23:07 Rossini

I'm still trying to figure out why you would want total consciousness on your deathbed.  

36 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo