Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B-rock

Real Name B-rock   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname kubato
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Dust farting geek.
Homepage http://www.kubato.com
Signed On Sep 10, 2013, 14:55
Total Comments 4 (Suspect)
User ID 57877

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Hope all get better Oct 5, 2013, 23:53 kubato

My heart cries for all the pain in your house, I wish the best for all.
As far as back pain goes, I am a diabetic and broke my neck a few years ago due to a insulin reaction where I fell into a wall at a steep angle. I survived and am all well now. I went to the doctor who gave me the regular pain meds plus some stuff to keep my muscles from stiffing up. It was Naproxen Sodium aka Aleve but,the dose was 500mg.
I started to run out and ask the doc for more, he told me to just buy Aleve and take two it was the same thing. It is the greatest medicine I have ever used for back or neck pain. He warned me and I am warning everyone. You cannot keep taking 500mg for long or you will ruin your liver and/or kidneys. If you drink booze or already stress your liver/kidneys, do not take two pills. As always check with your local doctor first and read and follow the directions before believing anything you read on the internet.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2013, 14:07 kubato

Any time I have an issue like this where the name resolution is not getting out fast enough, I use two solutions. Pass out my ip so the people can find me that way. Have other sites post my ip. Once the ip is known, people can either use that to find your site or add an entry into a hosts file or a local DNS server.
Issues like this are happening to P2P sites, where the names are not being resolved correctly or not at all. Adding an entry to your hosts file is old school but easy. Open hosts with text editor which is located in your windows\system32\drivers\etc folder. The entry would be
216.45.58.170 bluesnews.com
Note: There is a space between the ip address and the name.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2013, 12:07 kubato

When searching for parts and pieces for a new build, I have always wanted a place where I can see reviews, best prices and comments. In the old days (last month in computer time), I had to check 10-20 sites per item I picked. I found a great place that does all the work for me except pay and give me the parts for free.
I am not sure if we can post direct links but,.....
PCPARTPICKERdotCOM or you can Google PC Part Picker and the correct site will show up.
It has the option to create an account, this is not for spamming; It allows you to create several builds and give you easy access to your personal choices.
No, I am not sponsored by them and am just trying to help a friend in need.........

This comment was edited on Sep 20, 2013, 18:40.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2013, 11:17 kubato

You put new RAM in and now your video is flaky? 1st, the most important item and most overlooked is the power supply. Get a quality unit from either Seasonic or Corsair. Since your video is flaky after you have new ram, I would look there first, provided you are sure you have a quality power supply. You say you have 4 matched sticks then you can test them easily by, removing 2 sticks and test to see if it gets better, maybe up the voltage to the ram by 1 or two steps in the bios. Do not go crazy upping the voltage and make sure the timing settings in the bios match the ram to the letter. No change, then use the other two sticks and pull the 1st set out. Also try the other RAM slots for the second set. No good, pull out one stick from second set and add one from the 1st set. I would mark all the ram with numbers so you will not get confused as I do often.
I really think that your power supply is something to look at because, flaky screen images are video card ram. (I might be wrong..)
Of course as mentioned, video drivers can be the issue to and hard to completely clean out.

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 2013, 20:00.

4 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo