Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slinkycatz

Real Name Slinkycatz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2013, 03:12
Total Comments 57 (Suspect)
User ID 57875

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
45. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 21:20 Slinkycatz

I think it is blatantly obvious by now that even if SC turns out to be a breakout hit and lasts for 20 years, those of you emotionally invested in your decision to call SC a failure will be incapable of admitting it.

The straws you grasp in your attempts to make your arguments are absolutely ridiculous. If you can't make a valid point, there is really no point in trying to rebut any of your arguments.

Blues News is a link I bookmarked YEARS ago. I've come here because I like the news format. I was hoping I'd find mature gamers in these comments to discuss with, but I keep finding infantile children constantly resorting to playground taunts.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
12. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 3, 2014, 20:11 Slinkycatz

There is a difference between a cause that seeks to protect the liberty of others as opposed to a cause that seeks to deprive the liberty of others.

You hate a group of people and want to persecute and deprive them of everything you can possibly deprive them? You're not getting any sniffles from me when you turn out to be the one persecuted.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans
32. Re: Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans Mar 31, 2014, 21:46 Slinkycatz

For every ignorant and unresearched comment in this thread, Star Citizen suddenly receives a massive influx of money. Keep it up, guys! You're doing great work!  

News Comments > Morning Previews
10. Re: Morning Previews Mar 4, 2014, 16:04 Slinkycatz

Guys... point on the doll where CR touched you. Seriously. You all have some kind of disturbing problem with him. This certainly doesn't seem to be a place to discuss the game but to circlejerk, and that's sad.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll
35. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 26, 2014, 20:10 Slinkycatz

Way too many of you do not appear to understand the context of what you are talking about. If you take things out of context, your argument is going to be ridiculous because it is not dealing with reality. Please do your homework before you post.

I'm only into this game for $30, as I backed it during the Kickstarter phase. That gets me the Aurora ship with lifetime insurance. I've always planned to work my way up instead of buying any other ships.

Since the Mustang is in the same starter ship class as the Aurora, I've been given the option to switch to that ship and still be able to keep my lifetime insurance I earned with the Aurora. The Mustang is a more combat oriented ship, while the Aurora is a jack of all trades.

This Blues News post is about those who want to buy a Mustang. The question is whether they should sell this Mustang now when it won't be available for a few months, or only sell it when people can immediately see it in their hangar. I voted to wait, because otherwise we'd keep hearing from the "the latest hangar patch didn't include the Mustang, WAAAH" crowd.

Other than the cool concept art, this news is actually boring and insignificant... seeing some of you twist this into your convoluted conspiracy theories to make it match what you've personally been believing all along is ridiculous, frankly.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
15. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 22, 2014, 20:26 Slinkycatz

Cutter wrote on Feb 22, 2014, 13:18:
Only problem I have with G Fibe is that it's still $70 per month. That's effing expensive. Sure it's for a gig which is nice to have but totally unnecessary for most. They should have lower end tiers as well. As it stands this is just a service for the affluent and does nothing to address the needs of the poor and underserved.

I'm in Austin, I have TWC because it turns out to be exclusive to where I am (TWC has an exclusive contract in this apartment complex that prevents me from being able to choose the good ones like Grande) and so my bill is $65 a month for 20 up/2 down.

They gave me a "We're raising our rates on you! We could have been charging you over 75 dollars a month, but here! We gave you this complimentary 65 a month rate, aren't we swell!" letter recently.

So, $5 bucks more a month for Google Fiber? For me, it's a no brainer... I'm planning to move to wherever it is rolled out. No more being stuck in exclusive contract zones snuck in by TWC.

For a while I'll be benefiting from this upgrade in TWC speeds... but it will not help one iota in making me a loyal customer.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced
29. Re: Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced Feb 22, 2014, 02:12 Slinkycatz

Creston wrote on Feb 22, 2014, 01:09:
Procedural generation? Really?

Wasn't the fact that everything was hand-created one of the big selling points of SC?

Roberts must have been more impressed by Elite:Dangerous than we first believed.

What will be handcrafted are the systems, their planets as seen from space, main starports and cities.

What about the rest of the planet, however? That is where the procedural generation comes in. I imagine they want to create territory and sprinkle it with goodies such as ruins, caves, etc where you can find very rare items. When a vote was done long ago as to what players wanted to do most in the SC universe, 'Explore' got a huge share of the vote.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced
9. Re: Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced Feb 21, 2014, 20:28 Slinkycatz

Most people ask this about the game; whether they can manually land their ship or decide to go off somewhere and explore a part of the planet. So, I think this is a very nice stretch goal as it meets the desires of a large part of the playerbase.

The thing that I find unanswered is whether it would be possible to go from space to atmospheric flight to ground without any need for a loading screen. From what I know, that is extremely difficult considering the vast distances involved in a single planet and trying to mesh that with the rest of space.

I think they will probably have a switch between space and atmospheric flight, given those difficulties involved.

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 2014, 20:36.

News Comments > Evening Patches
2. Re: Evening Patches Feb 18, 2014, 22:27 Slinkycatz

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 22:02:
Hangar Patch 11, huh.

Not much to report about the hangar, they add ships or make changes to them and fix bugs. The shooting range is pretty basic at this point, nothing much more to it than to see your weapons in action. There was a recent update to CryEngine to use PBR [physically based rendering] so they are redoing some original ships to make use of that.

The dogfighting module has been confirmed to release at Pax East which runs from April 11-13... that should be something more interesting to talk about.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released
59. Re: Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released Jan 30, 2014, 18:45 Slinkycatz

So Microsoft is in a rush to release Windows 9.

Color me unsurprised if they release another version of DirectX that is unavailable to those unfortunate enough to have upgraded to Windows 8.

This is what makes the idea of an API other than DirectX sound appealing.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches
31. Re: Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches Jan 22, 2014, 17:05 Slinkycatz

Wildone wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 15:57:
What about all the 'taxes & insurance' they keep talking aboot, is that with ingame money or will I have to shell out every time I die.

In-game money. Insurance will allow you to get your ship back if you lose it. To prevent people from abusing this, if you get blown up right away after, you'd have to wait for a period of time before getting the next one. Lose that one quickly and it's an even longer wait. In the meantime you can use your other ship(s) if you have them or do jobs to earn money while you wait, travel the universe as a passenger, etc.

I haven't heard anything about taxes other than what would probably be part of the economic system when trading stuff.

13. Re: Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches Jan 22, 2014, 10:37 Slinkycatz

InBlack wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 10:23:
You havent answered my question.

With that said I agree with most of your sentiment. I dont think that the people at CiG are liars. I dont even think that Chris Roberts is a liar really. He just distorts the truth enough for it to be palatable for everyone involved. It takes great skill to do that so KUDOS. But this does not make him a good taskmaster. Ultimately he believes that he is making the best game ever. His fans fan the fire by throwing money at him and believing that he can do no wrong which in turn inflates his ego which in turn increases the hype and so on in an ever increasing cycle. This is NOT good for anyone long term.

I'm not sure if I agree with the part about CR distorting truth, but I agree with the rest of what you have said here. I'm all too aware of the human tendency to think everything is roses in the future.

Sorry for not answering your question, I did not have an answer to that because I'm the type that prefers to hear and evaluate what was said [in way of explanation] before making a decision as to what I thought of it. I certainly would not blindly believe what he said at that point.

8. Re: Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches Jan 22, 2014, 10:01 Slinkycatz

InBlack wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 09:47:
Are you still going to believe that excuse if the dogfighting module isnt released in April?

*disclaimer* I actually believe that they wanted to create their own netcode, what I dont believe is that they ever intended to release a dogfighting module in December and the longterm time saving is obviously just lip-service for the gullible...

I'm perplexed by the number of people that believe that those at CIG are a bunch of liars or snake oil salesmen.

I watch their videos where you can see the humanity of each person at CIG and they don't look like car salesmen to me. They look like computer nerds who love space sims. They are human, they certainly aren't perfectly organized so there are awkward moments and things that mess up as when they invited everyone to watch a Youtube presentation that was supposed to be live but was uploaded extremely slowly. These are the criticisms I can see being made about CIG... but that they meant to lie from the very start? I just don't see that.

4. Re: Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches Jan 22, 2014, 09:39 Slinkycatz

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 09:24:
What took it so long? And where is the Dogfighting module? Is it a January release?

Before the funding took off, they intended to release the dogfighting module with the CryEngine netcode and use that as a 'proof of concept' to bring in more funding. Later, they would put in their own netcode as the CryEngine netcode is not optimal.

Since they ended up with more funding than they expected, they decided it was best to not waste any time with the CryEngine netcode but go directly to creating their own. This meant no dogfighting module in the short term, but saving time on the development process in the long term.

Estimated dogfighting module release is in late March to April.

This comment was edited on Jan 22, 2014, 09:47.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2014, 13:53 Slinkycatz

The cynic in me is certain that Rodman is being paid for his visits to North Korea. Dictators tend to spend their money that way.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay
111. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay Dec 18, 2013, 12:22 Slinkycatz

Nothing new from InBlack.

I welcome criticism when it makes sense. I want to debate things that make sense.

It is when people INSIST on seeing things with the WRONG context in order to be able to make their FLAWED point that I find them annoying.

When I show them that they are using the wrong context which makes their "point" flawed, they explode in anger. How dare I point out the facts!

If I was wrong in my facts, then correct my facts and we can debate from there. When you have no facts to counter with, I'm going to ignore your lame sarcastic comments.

News Comments > DayZ Sales Soar
16. Re: DayZ Sales Soar Dec 18, 2013, 12:00 Slinkycatz

born2expire wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 00:39:
you'd prolly want a QTE while the zombie is tackling you also, right?

Um.... NO. Do you always project your ideas on others like that?

So a zombie is not going to try and gnaw your arm? Take a bite out of your body?

He's just going to run up to you, stop, flail his arms? That is it? That breaks any immersion of being hounded by zombies.

I know this is because they are using the ArmA 2 engine which did not develop for such actions. It just is too glaringly un-zombielike that it harms the attraction of the game.

News Comments > DayZ Sales Soar
7. Re: DayZ Sales Soar Dec 17, 2013, 23:18 Slinkycatz

For a zombie game to work psychologically they have to leap at you, tackle you, grab you, pull you down.

I really do not like this "run up to you. stop. do arm flailing motion" model the game has had from the start. Annoys me too much to ignore it...

55. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay Dec 17, 2013, 14:04 Slinkycatz

Stormsinger wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 13:50:
You're missing the point completely. Delays happen, we all know that. But waiting to announce it until there are only two weeks left, rather than as you put it, last year when there was a change in scale and scope...well, that looks awfully snake oilish.

Like Cabezone said...

Those of us who have actually been following what has been going on have been aware for almost a month that they were debating which path to take on the dogfighting module. Release it with existing Crysis code or build it from scratch?

I've seen a number of comments here on BluesNews by those who aren't really following the game but are on the distant sidelines, making comments that indicate they don't really understand the context of what they are talking about.

44. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay Dec 17, 2013, 12:35 Slinkycatz

Blue wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 11:19:
Perhaps you are attributing some of the comments in this thread to me? I don't see where I said the extra features caused any delay. What I wrote was that Roberts says that the money has helped them proceed faster, but they are delaying this module, and I called that counter-intuitive... I don't consider that an editorial stretch.

What CR said is that the initial approach was to use the "Crysis engine running a virtual Star Citizen in space demo" to bring in more visibility to the game as to what is possible, which would bring in more funding. This would be code he would have to throw away because it would be useless in the final build of Star Citizen.

After getting much more attention and money for the game than he anticipated, he decided that he could skip this part and focus on actually building the Star Citizen dogfighting module from scratch instead.

This is how you get "proceeding faster" leading to "delaying this module". In the long run they've saved time by skipping the demo, in the short run it means no instant gratification with the DFM.

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2013, 12:40.

57 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo