Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SESnut

Real Name SESnut   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SESNut
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2013, 02:30
Total Comments 7 (Suspect)
User ID 57874

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > CoD Ghost Requires 6MB of RAM
17. Re: CoD Ghost Requires 6MB of RAM Oct 23, 2013, 20:57 SESNut

Scheherazade wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 20:06:
To be fair, what computer doesn't have 8 gigs these days...

16 is pretty much standard, and new builds are either 16 or 32.

Unless it's an econo-build, in which case you have 8, and it's enough anyways.

-scheherazade

uhm no

I have 12 and 12 is too much.
Ive never had to use all 12 at once.

Please tell me what computer comes standard with 16gb of ram or 32.
I didn't know pc makers just give away ram for no reason.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements
53. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 11, 2013, 14:08 SESNut

Creston wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 12:11:
SESNut wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 02:05:
ORLY?
yeah bro, NO GAMES EVER HAVE USED DX10. No devs want to use that crap.

EXCLUSIVELY, no. Sure, they'll use it. And they still make DX9 versions as well though that is slowly being phased out because the majority is now on DX10/11. The idea that games are going to go exclusively DX12, when only 12-14% of the entire potential customer base can run it, is just blatantly ignorant and wrong, as has been demonstrated since Vista.

So the argument that your "legacy OS" won't be able to play something is simply false. But since you seem too dumb to understand that, and you seem to be one of these jokers that can't sustain an argument without turning into a drooling little asstard, you're now on ignore.

Look don't get all butthurt because you cant understand what is CURRENTLY HAPPENING. THEY DONT MAKE GAMES THAT RUN ON XP ANYMORE and they don't make them because it doesn't support dx10.

and eventually they wont support dx10

and 11

but this is probably too complicated for you to understand

34. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 02:10 SESNut

Lord Tea wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 01:51:
So, they recommend an AMD six-core CPU. AFAIK only the highest end intel CPUs have six cores

that's because amd 6 cores are crap

amds 6 core chips run as well as i5s

so yeah

33. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 02:05 SESNut

Creston wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 01:36:
SESNut wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 23:46:
Im sorry, but a lot of people hated vista too and while it initially did not stop any developer from making games that didn't run on windows xp, they still had to suck it up when Microsoft decided directx wouldn't be backported

And in the end, one game was Vista exclusive. The ultra-shitty Halo port.

so enjoy windows 7 while you can, but lets not pretend ms is going to put directx 12 on it

If MS won't backport DirectX version x.x, developers simply won't use it. They've shown that ever since Vista. So no games will use DX12. It's that simple.

ORLY?
yeah bro, NO GAMES EVER HAVE USED DX10. No devs want to use that crap.

and I didn't know all the devs still make games that run on xp/dx9

oh wait, they don't

games like battlefield 4

26. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 00:52 SESNut

LaxerFL wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 00:35:
nin wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 20:43:
Win8 64 and a 3 gig graphics card??? I understand it's "recommended" but still...

Damn...

Are you saying "damn" because you think the requirements are high? Any gaming rig built in the last 8 months should exceed those reqs. Aside from Windows 8 which is just a shit OS and they will have to pry Win7 from my cold dead hands, my 1 year old rig beats all those recommended specs.

only amd cards come with 3gb of ram

4gb NVidia cards are specialty items and show barely any difference in benchmarks

21. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 9, 2013, 23:46 SESNut

Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 22:41:
SESNut wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 22:34:
but don't come crying when a new game comes out that you want to play that doesn't run on your legacy os anymore(which you probably will anyway)

Because publishers will GLADLY release an exclusive game that will only run on an OS that 12% (off the top of my head. Might have been 14%) of the PC gaming audience uses. Who wants to make money, after all?

Nice try, Ballmer.

Im sorry, but a lot of people hated vista too and while it initially did not stop any developer from making games that didn't run on windows xp, they still had to suck it up when Microsoft decided directx wouldn't be backported

so enjoy windows 7 while you can, but lets not pretend ms is going to put directx 12 on it

15. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 9, 2013, 22:34 SESNut

Darks wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 22:05:
Its a sad day when they are recommending Win Hate! Ill never install that piece of shit OS. Never!!

Usability aside, which is opinion based anyway, it does run fairly well, so you can stick with your subpar os if you want to.

and also with the way Microsoft is going, they may continue using the metro interface in the future or come up with something new that you also don't like, but don't come crying when a new game comes out that you want to play that doesn't run on your legacy os anymore(which you probably will anyway)

7 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo