Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Seventyfive

Real Name Seventyfive   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 16, 2013, 15:51
Total Comments 81 (Suspect)
User ID 57860

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Beta Details
11. Re: Battlefield Hardline Beta Details Feb 9, 2015, 10:59 Seventyfive

Some cool moments in hardline where you're trying to get the loot to the drop with a few tickets left but usually it's typical BF where one team is overly stacked so you're either raping or getting raped.

The best part about this game is the upgrade system lets you pick what gun or accessory you want vs unlocking in some random order.

Worst parts of this game are faction specific guns and the shotgun and grenades are just OP. Granted, I'd say grenades are now "realistic", I'm not playing a game like this for realism. When you play heist and you basically have to take a shotgun to compete, there's something wrong with the game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 5, 2015, 18:08 Seventyfive

Additional allegations filed against DEMOCRAT former state Sen. Leland Yee  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Specs; Beta Preloads; Video
30. Re: Battlefield Hardline Specs; Beta Preloads; Video Feb 3, 2015, 15:39 Seventyfive

Verno wrote on Feb 3, 2015, 14:37:
BF hacks are very advanced and widespread at this point. Also lol @ Punkbuster.

I still play bf4 quite a bit and I wouldn't call it "widespread" but I have definitely seen a few guys do something implausible like go 54-3 with no repercussions and this absolutely kills a server. Anyone with half a brain leaves the losing team.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Specs; Beta Preloads; Video
21. Re: Battlefield Hardline Specs; Beta Preloads; Video Feb 3, 2015, 10:31 Seventyfive

Saw a thing marketing this as "fast pace". I know they made run speed 10% faster than the alpha but the alpha felt 25% slower than normal run speed which means they needed a 33% boost in run speed. These guys are programmers and engineers so I hope they figured out how this math shit works.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
12. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 22, 2015, 11:29 Seventyfive

a massive corporation with stock and investors looms over the whole operation

I find it hilarious they make it sound like there's anyone out there making AAA games for shits and giggles. Games are a business and, as mentioned in the article, people have to pay their bills. If it weren't for the evil investors coming in and providing the money to bankroll the game, the game wouldn't have happened and some of these people might be unemployed.

That being said, the game isn't really good. That's probably going to be the hardest sell on the DLC.

News Comments > Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash
39. Re: Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash Jan 16, 2015, 16:01 Seventyfive

Verno wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 09:57:
Whoever wrote this should've just stuck with Valve. I have a hard time seeing the downside in a no pressure work environment where you have a lot of resources and creative freedom, sounds like developer nirvana to me.

I was a big L4D fan so I had high expectations for this but I tried to go into it with an open mind. I don't know how else to put it, the game just isn't fun. The Cryengine is a poor choice, load times are crazy long even on my SSD and while some aspects look good visually other things very dated. The guns just don't feel good, I only tried a few modes of gameplay but it felt very limited in terms of scope. Chasing it around until you kill it when its very weak or it gets strong enough to annihilate everyone just isn't fun and one of the classes has the ability to spot its footprints which really neuters the experience. One other mode was even dumber it has to evolve to....destroy a power station?

I didn't spend 10 hours playing it or something so I'm no expert but it just didn't grab me at all. Some of the level design was pretty cool was about the only positive standout. They just didn't make a good game to me so I don't care about how rough and tumble the gaming industry is, maybe if you made a better game then people would swallow the DLC strategy.

Agreed. I did put some decent time into it but totally not that great of a game. If you're the monster and the hunters have the dog thing, you're screwed, if they don't, you're going to dominate. Worst thing was if you get to the power plant, someone can pot shot you from a mile away and taking any damage at all stops you from being able to damage the power plant. Essentially the strategy is "shoot the monster from a safe distance until your whole team respawns and try again". Ridiculous game breaking "feature".

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Live
9. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Live Jan 13, 2015, 14:58 Seventyfive

Just finished SR: Returns, liked the game but was a little disappointed that the dialogue choices pretty much don't change anything. I did like it enough to buy Dragonfall so maybe after HK comes out I'll get that too.

News Comments > Evolve System Specs
19. Re: Evolve System Specs Jan 12, 2015, 17:34 Seventyfive

descender wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 13:04:
4K @ 60HZ can only be run through displayport. HDMI only support 4k@30hz.

Something is going to have to give there before I'm getting a 4K monitor.

That's actually not correct. HDMI 2.0 supports 60hz and 4:2:0 chroma sub sampling. Seiki this year is supposedly releasing cheap HDMI 2.0 4k monitors that can do 60hz. These are the guys that were selling $500 4k monitors before anyone else so I think the game changer will be a 40" 4k hdmi 2.0 monitor < $600.

It would basically be equivalent to 4 21" monitors (most are 20.5") and with a custom resolution profile could do ultrawide with letterbox equivalent to the $1,000 34" LG monitor that's out right now.

News Comments > Boxing Day Legal Briefs
6. Re: Boxing Day Legal Briefs Dec 26, 2014, 13:45 Seventyfive

In other news, 750,000 people wish for 2 hours of their life back.  

News Comments > Evolve Beta Details; Limited PC Testing Next Month
5. Re: Evolve Beta Details; Limited PC Testing Next Month Dec 19, 2014, 17:00 Seventyfive

Hope they fix the "feature" (read bug) that the monster can't destroy the power plant if he's taking damage. Had a frustrating match where their sniper would buy time for the team to respawn by pot shotting me from afar so I couldn't destroy the relay and it happened over and over until I gave up on the power plant and concentrated on wiping the team.

If they want the monster to wipe the team to win, just take out the stupid power plant. Why is it even there?

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
75. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 14:05 Seventyfive

Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:53:
InBlack wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:34:
Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:27:
Freedom without responsibility doesn't work. We should aspire to more than pandering to the lowest common denominator. Anything for a buck, Gabe?

Im not sure what you are getting at here Cutter. Its very possible that Steam and Valve might in the end lose some business because of this decision. As for your freedom without responsibility that's all fine and dandy but ultimatevly it's not your decision to make, it's Valve's or rather Gabe's.

I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing it's an irresponsible and immoral choice. They're putting profit before people, and that's immoral. No one likes censorship but the freedom at any cost argument is asinine and infantile.

]

No one likes censorship? Clearly YOU like censorship. What else do you call the idea that this game should be banned from steam? When it comes to freedom, you are free to stop buying games from steam if you don't like what they're doing.

News Comments > Leaked Street Fighter V Trailer Suggests PC/PS4 Exclusive
10. Re: Leaked Street Fighter V Trailer Suggests PC/PS4 Exclusive Dec 5, 2014, 11:44 Seventyfive

please bring back parrying. not sure who plays SF anymore but I feel like they really compress the skill level on this game.  

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Dec 2, 2014, 11:49 Seventyfive

This article was written by one of the people who believes in the death of the PC. The article reads like it was written on an ipad or a cell phone.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 13, 2014, 15:20 Seventyfive

Beamer wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 12:37:
edit - not defending Obama here, just saying that receiving the most money from cable companies is more a function of him being in the highest office, not a function of him being bought. This does not mean he isn't bought, or heavily influenced, just means that any President we had under this system would be the greatest recipient of money from virtually any non-partisan company.

I understand, I'm just trying to enlighten the people who seem to blindly trust Obama because "he cares about people like us". In other news for these people... "Jonathan Gruber".

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 13, 2014, 11:44 Seventyfive

Considering Obama probably has more comcast money in his pocket than any other politician, I'm going to call BS on his "i'm internet jesus" routine.

President Obama, at Mr. Cohen’s home in Philadelphia in 2013 to raise money for Democratic Senate candidates, joked, “I have been here so much, the only thing I haven’t done in this house is have Seder dinner.”

Mr. Cohen oversees Comcast’s robust lobbying operation and sets the strategies to shepherd its acquisitions past antitrust questions and other regulatory concerns.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/20/business/media/comcasts-real-repairman.html

News Comments > Sun Sets on Dawngate
4. Re: Sun Sets on Dawngate Nov 4, 2014, 19:42 Seventyfive

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 19:40:
MOBA's are on the decline. EA got in a bit late to the party.

"Riot Games earned $624 million from League of Legends last year, and that was only good enough for second place on the top-ten free-to-play earnings list. In 2014, however, it's shot to number one, and is poised to be the first to break $1 billion in microtransaction revenues." -PC Gamer

Dead eh?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 30, 2014, 22:01 Seventyfive

People also voted for Obama and believed he would have the "most transparent government in the modern era".  

News Comments > Dragon Age Keep Open Demo
13. Re: Dragon Age Keep Open Demo Oct 30, 2014, 12:19 Seventyfive

Don't know about other people but DA2 was one of the most unstable games I've ever played. It crashed so much, the only way I could complete it was to eventually download a trainer so I could mass kill all the enemies to get back to where I was before it crashed.

Between this and Witcher 3 I need to see DAI stability info and Witcher 3 combat reviews and then I can make a decision. On PC I just don't get the need to preorder (unless you have very slow internet), they're not running out of copies.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
31. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 21, 2014, 19:13 Seventyfive

Task wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 22:38:
Why is this on mass media now... why...

Because the Democratic party is a train wreck going into the elections and MSNBC is just a shill for the DNC. They need to fill time with something other than the fact that the Democrats are probably going to lose the senate.

News Comments > etc.
41. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2014, 17:55 Seventyfive

Acleacius wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 11:41:
BitWraith wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 10:14:
In case you don't know the way breitbart and foxnews work. Not really fair and balanced

Yea i hate the way they dig up the stuff other people wish would stay buried. Exposed: The Secret Mailing List of the Gaming Journalism

81 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo