Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Seventyfive

Real Name Seventyfive   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 16, 2013, 15:51
Total Comments 43 (Suspect)
User ID 57860

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline in October; New Trailer
22. Re: Battlefield Hardline in October; New Trailer Jun 6, 2014, 16:48 Seventyfive

Alpha set to release October 21st for $59.99, beta will come out in February of 2015.... if you're lucky  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Titanfall Game Modes Coming
23. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 26, 2014, 15:54 Seventyfive

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 14:50:
I don't think it's the best shooter out there. Maybe if you're talking about paid shooters, but there are plenty of better games that are free. Titanfall is rather average if you ask me.

What other FPS do you recommend that are out right now? I'm always up to try a new game, especially if it's free. I assume you're talking about newer stuff and not TF2 or something...

News Comments > New Titanfall Game Modes Coming
15. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 26, 2014, 12:26 Seventyfive

InBlack wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 11:03:
So anyone still playing this? How's it look now that the shine has worn off a little bit??

Still the best FPS shooter on the market right now; however, we're getting to the point where it reminds me of LOL before they really nailed down the matchmaking system. If you're not playing with some friends, you're probably going to get pubstomped. Last game I played I scored 110 points (out of 300 to win) and we still lost. If you google for "titanfall team balance" you can see plenty of screenshots of ultra stacked teams.

News Comments > Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims
73. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 20:11 Seventyfive

Verno wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 19:23:
Seventyfive wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 17:30:
Love that you snipped my quote so you don't have to justify how you spent 20 hours over the course of a weekend playing a game that's "ok".

I love how you seem to be under the mistaken impression that I need to justify anything at all to you. Next time you want actual discourse, don't start off with a bunch childish bullshit.

I don't know why you're getting so defensive and emotional

66. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 17:30 Seventyfive

Verno wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 13:42:
Seventyfive wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 12:43:
Not sure how well you were scoring on the leaderboard per game but if you think the grunts are useless and the titans boring, I'm guessing not very high.

Haha what a fucking dumb comment, not going to even bother with this brand boy nonsense.

Love that you snipped my quote so you don't have to justify how you spent 20 hours over the course of a weekend playing a game that's "ok".

26. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 12:43 Seventyfive

Verno wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 12:29:
Creston wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 11:56:
It's very possible that the game simply IS this good. I haven't played it, so I can't judge it. The videos make it look pretty decent, if also fairly standard pew pew pew hitscan multiplayer fare.

It's really just average to good IMO, some people here are playing it up way too much. I logged 20ish hours with the beta and thought the movement and general flow of the game is excellent but the hitscan weaponry is all samey, the AI grunts are a waste of space and I thought the Titans themselves were extremely boring to use.

I only saw the 2 beta levels so maybe there are better maps that would bring it up but it would be a low 80s game for me at best. Graphically its quite dated too and there are a noticeable lack of physics, deformation and other modern design aspects. Two titans battling might as well be a transformers cartoon knockoff, there is no external feedback or environmental impact. Someone on another forum likened it to characters fighting with nerf guns and that is pretty apt IMO. The game is at its strongest when you're just cruising around with the well implemented parkour elements and fighting actual people, not AI grunts or titans. Also using "AI" to describe what they have in that game is too generous, my coffeemaker has stronger AI. They are literally the dumbest bots I have ever seen in any game and they don't even work if you try to think of them as MOBA style fodder.

So yeah it's not a bad game at all and a decent exclusive for Microsoft to hang its hat on but it's not the OMG 95+ Metacritic circlejerk that you know is coming.

Not sure how well you were scoring on the leaderboard per game but if you think the grunts are useless and the titans boring, I'm guessing not very high. The bots are supposed to be dumb because you harvest them to get titans. I guess the titan could be boring if you don't know how to pilot one well or if you just let it run around in auto mode. Also, if you logged 20 hours in 4 days of beta, that's 5 hours a day which is basically a part time job. Not sure how you deal with the cognitive dissonance of saying "I played this game like my job but it was only ok".

22. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 11:09 Seventyfive

007Bistromath wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 10:02:
I have not been paid to say that Titanfall is the best FPS that has ever been made

I 100% agree. After playing the beta the game doesn't live up to the hype, it exceeds it. I paid $48 to preorder but if I had to pay $60 I would. The controls are tight and responsive, the graphics are very good, the ability to fly and climb walls basically kills the idea of camping since someone can come at you from anywhere and despite being 6v6 there was never a lack of action. It really reminds me of a FPS version of League of Legends to some extent.

News Comments > Civ5: The Complete Edition/Free Brave New World Scenario Released
6. Re: Civ5: The Complete Edition/Free Brave New World Scenario Released Feb 5, 2014, 15:44 Seventyfive

Is Civ 5 any good? I stopped playing a few Civ's ago when my tank got destroyed by archers. Kind of thought that was some real bullshit.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jan 21, 2014, 10:58 Seventyfive

I think the guy is missing the idea that the market equilibrium price for MOST games is not $59. Clearly it is for SOME games given the first week sales figures of COD or GTA.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 20, 2014, 12:30 Seventyfive

God forbid the governments of the world spend less and control waste Rolleyes  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 17, 2014, 18:14 Seventyfive

I know we can trust Obama, it's not like he's ever blatantly lied to the American people.

"If you like your privacy, you can keep your privacy, period."

News Comments > Respawn: 6-vs-6 Multiplayer Maximum
20. Re: Respawn: 6-vs-6 Multiplayer Maximum Jan 8, 2014, 15:16 Seventyfive

DangerDog wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 14:55:
This would be more acceptable if it offered something like over the top amazing level of destruction, as it's being made with Source 2 I bet even the scorch mark decals don't stay on walls very long.

Not sure if you've played Hawken but it's only 8v8 and it's plenty exciting and fun.

News Comments > Respawn: 6-vs-6 Multiplayer Maximum
16. Re: Respawn: 6-vs-6 Multiplayer Maximum Jan 8, 2014, 12:07 Seventyfive

This is why I don't play League of Legends. It's either 64 v 64 or nothing at all!  

News Comments > BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed
7. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 12:36 Seventyfive

Anyone who played the beta should have known better than to pay full price for this game. With the amount of shit wrong on the PC version, I pretty much knew there was no way they'd get all their shit together in 31 days. I'll save my money for Titanfall.  

News Comments > On Sale
16. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2013, 17:42 Seventyfive

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 17:28:
Techie714 wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 14:25:
ARMA III is a steal at that price!! Played the first part of the campaign & it was fun.
I wouldnt even buy it for $10. I bought the supporter edition but got a refund, after I noticed what path they take now and ignore their veteran players. The whole game feels like a badly made wanna be ArmA 2, with worse animations, generic shooter playstyle, unauthentic weapons and vehicles and compared to vanilla ArmA 2 almost no content. Not even Warfare missions are possible because there simply isnt enough stuff to use! And man, those animations... I always thought I am playing some cheap console shooter for $5, when I saw my character walking and moving from 3rd person view at lightning speed, losing not much accuracy when moving at a fast tactical pace... I feel so embarrassed for them.

I just hope they come to their senses again with ArmA 4.

As a non-veteran player, I was looking at the game but was worried it would be "too realistic". I was hoping for something semi-realistic but still fast paced... kind of like the original Rainbow 6 game (not the vegas series). Would ARMA 3 fit that bill?

News Comments > Red 5 Removes CEO Mark Kern
2. Re: Red 5 Removes CEO Mark Kern Dec 20, 2013, 10:21 Seventyfive

Shineyguy wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 09:57:
Keep forgetting I have a founder pass for this game. I need to get back into it to see what has changed. It was neat, just didn't have enough to grab me early on.

I paid to be a founder also and loved the game till they made a massive update, mostly for the worst. Completely reworked the skill trees to something that is very unintuitive, reset everyone's minerals they had mined, etc... Basically they wiped out all my progress. I get that it's a beta but there has to have been a better way to do things. After that I signed off and never came back.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 12, 2013, 16:12 Seventyfive

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 11:15:
Maybe we should just crucify a few of these hard drug people to get the message across.

So if heroin was legal tomorrow you'd do it? I think the vast majority of people, if legalized, would still refrain from the hardcore drugs.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
12. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 5, 2013, 13:30 Seventyfive

$100 for Battlefield 4 + content. Oh great deal. If they want me to feel like the game is "a steal", you should give us that extra content included in the regular retail price.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 2, 2013, 15:50 Seventyfive

Taskeen wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 14:14:

Snowden's problem is that he isn;t a traitor, but 90% of the people who swear to uphold our Constitution ARE traitors, and they are ready to squash him like a bug to protect their power.

^ THIS

Congress can commit whatever crimes against the American people and betray the constitution but God forbid someone whistleblows against them.

News Comments > NVIDIA "R331 Game Ready" Driver
8. Re: NVIDIA Oct 21, 2013, 17:12 Seventyfive

BF4 ran smooth w/ the beta drivers. I was getting over 100fps at 2560x1440 with no problems. Only issues were BF4 known issues such as insanely long load screens or people getting stuck in buildings that don't exist.  

43 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo