Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for winston149

Real Name winston149   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 17, 2013, 17:50
Total Comments 7 (Suspect)
User ID 57789

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > BioWare Announces Shadow Realms
6. Re: BioWare Announces Shadow Realms Aug 13, 2014, 10:05 winston149

I think their market research and focus groups, excuse me, I mean creative imaginations, really let them down on this idea. Why would anyone want to play the game they are describing? I don't get it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained
22. Re: Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained Aug 5, 2014, 14:19 winston149

Reading through the comments here, I'm kind of surprised at most. Just trolling for fun? I've followed the development of SC closely, and as far as I can tell, it seems to be pretty well on track. The core space sim technology is obviously there, and it's actually pretty fun to play around with all by itself, frankly.

The negativity is just bizarre. Based on the information published so far, and the state of the tech as I have seen it myself, I expect a beta test period probably next summer or autumn, and physical copies shipping on conclusion of that. What's the problem?

News Comments > ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech
31. Re: ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech May 1, 2014, 17:23 winston149

Zenimax, the parasites that brought you the cash grab called Elder Scrolls Online!

Surprise magnitude: 0.0

News Comments > Starbound Update Pace Explained
4. Re: Starbound Update Pace Explained Apr 17, 2014, 10:25 winston149

Unless you are into game development, like to participate in/see the iterative products of the game development process itself, I think it is best to just leave projects like this alone until they are completed.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll
22. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 26, 2014, 16:42 winston149

Panickd wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 15:55:

...And I am pretty sure they always intended the game to be one of those ongoing never finished, only abandoned works of "art". But I would at least like something playable. This endless parade of "hey we got more money so we're making the game even bigger!" when they haven't actually shown anything playable yet was already becoming a farce but this just takes it to a whole new level.

Come on now. Feature creep is a legitimate concern, but the game is planned for development at least until some time in 2015. Of course there is no playable game yet. And even that target is just an estimate.

If after physical copies of the game are shipped to backers, there is some substantial shortcoming in features or stability, then we can start bitching.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Beta Update - More Backer Access
8. Re: Wasteland 2 Beta Update - More Backer Access Feb 25, 2014, 11:34 winston149

Original estimated delivery date was Oct. 2013. So not quite a year just yet.

You aren't paying to beta, you are paying for the game when it is finished. In ADDITION, you can have beta access, if you like. Personally, I am not participating in the beta test, because I want a fresh experience when it is done.

News Comments > 7 Days to Die Announced
12. Re: 7 Days to Die Announced May 17, 2013, 14:08 winston149

Maybe I am just too jaded after the cash grab fraud of The War Z, but I am getting a vaporware vibe from this. A project that comes out of nowhere, with a video that promises the world, and a "first 1000 buyers blah blah" deal? Very suspicious.  

7 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo