Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Piotr Glizniewicz

Real Name Piotr Glizniewicz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname GL1zdA
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 8, 2013, 07:12
Total Comments 38 (Suspect)
User ID 57778

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 6, 2014, 04:00 GL1zdA

Thanks for posting about this one. Had just enough time to back one of the Early Bird tiers.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Full Watch Dogs System Specs
33. Re: Full Watch Dogs System Specs Apr 7, 2014, 03:06 GL1zdA

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 02:26:
No, he's going up to 3.9 GHz with Turbo mode, which all Core i5s and i7s use by default. It's basically built-in super safe overclocking, and if you wanted to disable Turbo mode and just make it run that speed at all times, you could. It's not uncommon for Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge chips to effortlessly OC by a full extra GHz, though.
I know how it works, I have a 3820 , I just think the recommended requirements are ridiculous.

31. Re: Full Watch Dogs System Specs Apr 7, 2014, 01:25 GL1zdA

Kevin Lowe wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 16:28:
GL1zdA wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 14:55:
Recommended Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.5 GHz?! There are exactly 2 Intel CPUs with this performance (3770K and 4770K).
Where the hell did I get this 4930K from, then?
Dunno, but you're still not meeting the 3.5 GHz recommended requirement - it's only 3.4 GHz, I guess you will be playing on minimum then

Seriously, I also have the LGA 2011, but most gamers have the standard 1156/1155/1150 platform, but that makes only four more CPUs meeting the recommended requirements, two of which are $1000 pieces: 3820, 4820K, 3970X, 4960X

8. Re: Full Watch Dogs System Specs Apr 6, 2014, 14:55 GL1zdA

Recommended Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.5 GHz?! There are exactly 2 Intel CPUs with this performance (3770K and 4770K).  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 1, 2014, 03:55 GL1zdA

Gaben won't save us. Everyone is jumping ship at Valve VR:
https://twitter.com/AaronHelloWorld/status/450783580642230273

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
171. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 27, 2014, 07:38 GL1zdA

Cliffy on Oculus Acquisition:
http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/80832803371

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
119. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 08:42 GL1zdA

I don't get it. Why can't Oculus VR do a great gaming device after being bought by Facebook?  

News Comments > GOG.com Drops Fallout Games
37. Re: GOG.com Drops Fallout Games Jan 2, 2014, 05:24 GL1zdA

Dev wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 02:10:
Julio wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 14:47:
Blame Bethesda and Steam for their tight pro-drm stance. Hopefully everyone that wanted these got them by now.
Think about what you are saying. Games like oblivion and morrowind had such minimal DRM it was a laugh (disk check that could easily be fooled with just a burned copy). Beth has been really good about DRM in general.
Now they have the most stupid DRM: regional locks. I live in Poland. I can't play Dishonored if I don't have a Polish IP address. I can't get DLCs for Fallout Nev Vegas and Dishonored when they out, I have to wait until they make DLCs for our version. If someone gifts me the DLCs, they are useless, because from Steam points of view, most of Bethesda games in Eastern Europe are different games the those that the rest of the world is playing. I can't just buy their new games - I have to buy them from a polish shop and redeem the code. I had to ask somebody to gift me the Rage DLC, because it's not available for sale in Poland and I can't purchase it on Steam.

News Comments > Project Eternity Renamed; Trailered
33. Re: Project Eternity Renamed; Trailered Dec 12, 2013, 04:44 GL1zdA

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 16:35:
1) More wilderness areas would be more fun for the players(debatable, I hated walking around mostly empty areas in IE games)
This is exactly what I enjoyed in BG1 - empty areas, where I could chill. It slows down the pace of the game and feels relaxing. It would be hard to add them later because it would likely make the game inconsistent.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 6, 2013, 19:07 GL1zdA

BitTorrent Sync doubles user base in 30 days.
This one is good, but it still has some bugs (says it updated files which I haven't touched for months). I'm using it to augment Dropbox with P2P sync.

News Comments > Need for Speed Rivals Trailer
7. Re: Need for Speed Rivals Trailer Dec 4, 2013, 09:06 GL1zdA

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 07:29:
I strongly advise anyone thinking of picking this game up to check out TotalBiscuit's Let's not Play Need For Speed Rivals.
I don't care about the technical aspects. The problem with this game is that there's no fun in it. I completed all racer events and several cop ones. The events are either ridiculously easy (like escape from a cop - you launch turbo and drive forward and the event is completed in less than 30 s) or tedious (your car is destroyed by your oponents or cops). There were only few well balanced events. And reseting the points counter, which is also the in game currency, when your busted or crashed, means, that when the cops are chasing you with all what they can, you drive to the safehouse to save the points instead of wrecking more havoc. At least until you figure out how to quickly farm points by repeating the sub 30s events.

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 2013, 07:52.

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta
26. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta Nov 20, 2013, 02:03 GL1zdA

Quinn wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 01:30:
Sleep Mode is the mode that truly turns your PC off (hybernate?)
No, Hibernate turns the PC off, in sleep mode RAM and several more components are powered.

News Comments > Stasis Kickstarter
4. Re: Stasis Kickstarter Nov 19, 2013, 02:08 GL1zdA

I'm backing anything Mark Morgan scores, though even without that the game looks good.  

News Comments > Wasteland 1 on GOG.com
7. Re: Wasteland 1 on GOG.com Nov 13, 2013, 04:48 GL1zdA

Mad Max RW wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 21:31:
I already unlocked it on Steam and tends to crash a whole lot more than the old DOSBox version I've been playing for years.
They are still using DOSBox for this version.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
20. Re: Sunday Interviews Nov 12, 2013, 05:50 GL1zdA

Fletch wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 19:05:
Alamar wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 14:04:
Your entire argument doesn't show that D3 loot was designed around the AH though... All it says is, console versions have more (and I'll assume, better) stuff drop.

I'm not claiming it isn't, just that your argument has no proof... There were many loot complaints, irregardless of the AH involvement, and they made it less grindy.

It's pretty obvious, afaic, and circumstantial is good enough for me. But who am I? I can't imagine what would constitute "proof" to you. AH was a revenue stream, easily tweaked with shitty drops. I can't tell if you are just being a devil's advocate, or naive.
I think many people think it's easy to implement a good loot system. But randomness, or probability in general, are hard. And in a game, where there are so many variables, it's really hard to find the right coefficients. I'm a programmer and every time I have to do even something simple with randomness I double and triple-check to be sure I get the results which I expect.

News Comments > FTL: Faster Than Light Expansion Next Year
26. Re: FTL: Faster Than Light Expansion Next Year Nov 12, 2013, 05:44 GL1zdA

Nice. I have bought this game right after its release and it was awesome: the micromanagement with active pause, the music, the attention to detail. I usually pass on indie games because of my limited time, but FTL was an exception to this rule.

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2013, 08:37.

16. Re: Sunday Interviews Nov 11, 2013, 05:50 GL1zdA

Flatline wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 19:37:
You obviously haven't seen all the video of hardcore players who spent tons of time on their characters being killed by mystical lag bubbles and shit.
That's how it worked in D2 too. And a single player hardcore character doesn't make sense - you will never be able to prove, that you haven't revived you character by backing up save games and doing it just for yourself means you have an unhealthy obsession.

Fletch wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 19:50:
You want to socialize. I don't (or, at least, be forced to). I want to play single player offline with savegames on my computer. If I want to go online to play with friends, feel free to store my saves and characters online to keep everyone honest (like D2). Why the hell didn't they just make it like D2 in the first place? Damn, I'm hankering to install D2 again right now.
Because there were few people who played single player D2 after finishing the campaign or finishing all the difficulty levels. When I've got the game in 2000 I could have a dial-up connection at best, which was not enough for on-line play so I've finished the game twice or so. But several years later, with a broadband, I never looked back at single player and so did all the people I know. And no one played on open Battle.net. I know that there are places where there are still problems with Internet connection, but I guess it's not enough to be important - every business cares about the Pareto principle.

PropheT wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 21:39:
Have you played the console version? It's pretty apparent after even just a chapter or two that the loot for PC isn't anything comparable because you're meant to "trade" for it (use the AH).
That's obvious, because after several months of people playing the PC version they knew how to design it for consoles without the AH. That's why they are doing Loot 2.0 for the PC version - to finally do it right.

4. Re: Sunday Interviews Nov 10, 2013, 17:45 GL1zdA

jdreyer wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 13:32:
Blizzard president Mike Morhaime on razing Diablo 3's auction house, rebuilding Titan

"I think our players recognized that. We were really looking to see what would happen with the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, because they don't have an auction house. The response to the console versions was extremely positive, and most people cited the lack of an auction house."

Well, that and the offline mode.

They created the auction house to undercut or compete with black market gold farmers. I get that. The problem is that they took the additional step of designing the loot system so that it forced you to the auction house. That's where they screwed the pooch. Had they made a complete game that stood alone, THEN added in the auction house, I don't think you would have seen nearly the same number of complaints.
I don't think they designed the loot system around the AH. If you remember loot from D2 or LoD, it was similar to what we have got in D3. It was hard to have nice items in D2/LoD without trading, and before 1.10, after several trades, you could have a character who would slay everything on Hell in any location. The same worked in D3, except for insane champions/unique monsters (Invincible-Molter-Jailer and similar), but they simply adjusted the difficulty.

I don't get why people want offline mode in Diablo 3 - a game where you know the story after 10 hours and after that you only look for loot so your character can be more leet than others and you play with others to socialize. Diablo single player is like drinking alone, it's the last step before the border between being a nerd and a lunatic.

News Comments > Command & Conquer Cancelled, Victory Games Closed
40. Re: Command & Conquer Cancelled, Victory Games Closed Oct 30, 2013, 03:12 GL1zdA

DangerDog wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 00:31:
It felt doomed the moment they announced the free-to-play B.S.

I would have played the single player campaign and then uninstalled it, guess they finally figured out that's what most everyone was going to do.
Exactly what I felt about the game. And it seems that Starcraft II and Planetary Annihilation have saturated the current RTS market.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 29, 2013, 03:02 GL1zdA

Glory and approbation to Diablo, Lord of Terror and Leader of the Three.  

38 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo