Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sven Svensson

Real Name Sven Svensson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Falaffel
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2013, 17:33
Total Comments 12 (Suspect)
User ID 57757

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M
43. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 24, 2014, 16:59 Falaffel

Love the look and feel, no crashes here as well. With this success, one wonders what they will do with Torment.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
8. Re: Sunday Interviews Dec 16, 2013, 04:25 Falaffel

Cutter wrote on Dec 15, 2013, 19:51:
So an original 2 year project then get pushed back another year, maybe two? Hell no. We have an existing agreement. Honour it. Then come talk to me.

This.

DF's Broken Age @ KS 3m$, DF's Massive Chalice @ KS 1m$. There is a reason.

News Comments > Star Lords Trailer
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2013, 04:13 Falaffel

Rigs wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 01:06:
Darks wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 21:32:
Its another turned based game... Ehhh!!

*grabs torch and pitch fork

And just what's wrong with that?

=-Rigs-=

What he said. Bat Bat

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns DRM Ending
9. Re: Shadowrun Returns DRM Ending Nov 13, 2013, 07:14 Falaffel

Great news!  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: UKs secret Mid-East internet surveillance base is revealed in Edward Snowden leaks. Aug 27, 2013, 07:30 Falaffel

Yes, very (not) funny indeed. This sick control structure will go to any lengths to fend off attacks on itself. I trust very few things on first sight nowadays. E.g. whats really happening in Syria lately.  

News Comments > Endless Legend Announced
2. Re: Endless Legend Announced Aug 22, 2013, 02:43 Falaffel

Great looking grafics both on main screen and interface, really nice boardgame look, very intresting.  

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Jul 5, 2013, 04:06 Falaffel

Sad as the missmanagement is people need to calm down. So the game got delayed, that happens all the time. It will be the end product that matters, if that is up to par then this little debacle will be all forgotten.  

News Comments > Broken Age Budget Tight: Steam Early Access Planned
52. Re: Broken Age Budget Tight: Steam Early Access Planned Jul 4, 2013, 03:00 Falaffel

In all fairness the 3.3m$ is a false number.

KS Fees are 10%,
rewards was another 400k$,
shipping 200k$.
But the slacker backer income is 150k$.

So what they had to work with was 2.55m$. Which is still a nice enough number to create a game IMHO.

News Comments > Broken Age Budget Tight: Steam Early Access Planned
32. Re: Broken Age Budget Tight: Steam Early Access Planned Jul 3, 2013, 03:21 Falaffel

I'm saddened and very purplexed about this. I remember reading/hearing from Tim Shaeffer after their successfull KS campaing that the original Grim Fandango had the budget of around 3m$. Now given this was a few years back, but according to the news they can only get 25% of the game with the same kind of money?

Something dosent sound right. I'm glad i missed this Kickstarter.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes May 23, 2013, 04:23 Falaffel

What a pity, it still needs steam, otherwise i would have picked it up.  

News Comments > Stardock Plans "At Least" Two Game Announcements
50. Re: Stardock Plans Apr 11, 2013, 17:12 Falaffel

Verno wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 14:33:

Nah, you are using hyperbole and misrepresenting what I said. If a developers personal dramarama keeps following them around like a stink, yes I suggest getting a professional to do that aspect for them or better yet just ignore it entirely and promote the work. There are many devs who are capable of separating work and personal matters, deal with the public well and that don't need it but obviously there are some that do. I don't know much or particularly care about brad personally so *shrug* to that.

I think you meant the gamers bill of rights by the way and it was a puff piece that was never realistic, I don't really begrudge them for not following through on it. Even if they wanted to the industry at large won't cooperate on many of those things.

Drama or no drama, Brad brings insights and information that would otherwise be unavailable to us. How many Studio CEOs posts on blue? If blue posters would focus on the news at hand instead of old news, the drama would be less dramatic.

I think the written document was genuine when created but fell for what i guess would be called "business realities". The demands of backers for kickstarter shows that the ideas are still in demand. One can just wish that Stardock start abiding by them again.

News Comments > Stardock Plans "At Least" Two Game Announcements
47. Re: Stardock Plans Apr 11, 2013, 13:56 Falaffel

Verno wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 10:19:
People don't need to cherry pick anything, you give plenty of ammunition away for free it seems. Hence being quiet and letting professionals handle your public relations as they are actually qualified to defuse the drama that seems to consistently follow you around. There are many developers who can speak for themselves and avoid these things, you don't seem to be one of them though so I don't think we're "losing anything" either.

If you want issues to be about your games then ignore drama and talk about the games alone. Whenever I see you responding to something about other "drama" it strikes me as someone a bit vain or immature trying to shift blame or assuage their own ego.

What a bizarre approach. Have you seen any of the new kickstarter project lately? People are demanding more participation and communication from game makers and here you are advocating for the opposite.

And what a crappy argument for it, the more brad explains, the more he is creating the crises? Are you by any chance a political advisor? Because thats the kind of crap that has made people cynical of politicians. Some of us believe in creating solutions and results by dialog. Honestly your comments seem to indicate you having a personal grudge against stardock/brad than anythind else.

That aside, i do think brads political opinions are out in farright loony land, but stardock is a diamond in a haystack of crappy publishers and they are exactly what we pc gamer entusiasts need to support. The discussion here IMO should not be about lawsuits or non-game politics. It should be about why the 10 gamer demands are not followed anymore by stardock or why stardock is not releasing on gog or other drm free options.

12 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo