Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gothic_Wizard

Real Name Gothic_Wizard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Harlequin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Admin of World of Darkness News, News & community site for the WoD MMO. Goth, Pagan Wizard and all around cool guy.
Homepage http://www.wodnews.net
Signed On Apr 5, 2013, 17:47
Total Comments 56 (Suspect)
User ID 57748

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth
62. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 15, 2013, 17:25 Harlequin

"dozens of hours" of gameplay? ok then... I am going to back away real slow.. tell tale sign of a half arsed, amateur or/and incomplete game.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within
54. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 13, 2013, 13:59 Harlequin

fiftykyu wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 19:45:
So I'll take the convenience and the discount, thank you very much.

Enjoy that half a latte of savings, I am sure you'll have a night on the town with it...

35. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 12, 2013, 19:11 Harlequin

Leper wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 16:56:
Civilization has always had random maps so you can't say they aren't aware of the idea.

Apples and oranges. civ is a 2D grid with basic pathfinding on a tile based layout. xcom is a 3D based layout with much more advanced path finding requirements and AI. The time, programming to make a workable 2D game vs a 3D path finding & AI wise is miles apart.

34. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 12, 2013, 19:03 Harlequin

Creston wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 14:42:
Big negative so far: The first council mission is STILL the "save general van doorn" on the busted up bridge. Shit, you couldn't randomize that, Firaxis?? Ugh. I must have played this same fucking mission at least 15 times now already.

It IS random my first council mission wasn't that. Just happenstance you got it.

33. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 12, 2013, 19:02 Harlequin

Cutter wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 12:59:
No, we didn't ask for more maps, we asked for a random map generator! No sale!

A random map generator is a SIGNIFICANT amount of work unless you went with a tile based system. And then people like yourself would complain of the tiles. I prefer a bunch of hand crafted maps without the obvious tiles system like what was in NWN1 that stood out like a sore thumb.

32. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 12, 2013, 18:58 Harlequin

dj LiTh wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 10:26:
Harlequin wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 10:19:
Why not just buy it though steam it's what I did...?

Cause its cheaper and you get a 6$ GMG credit. Some people like to save money, and its working now btw.

If by 'saving' you mean you saved enough for half a latte at Starbucks then I'll pay the extra couple of bucks for convenience since I already have a Stream account.

News Comments > FTL: Faster Than Light Expansion Next Year
28. Re: FTL: Faster Than Light Expansion Next Year Nov 12, 2013, 10:22 Harlequin

I wanted to get into it but the FX looked so cartoony, like WoW in space cartoony I just couldn't get past the screen shots.  

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 12, 2013, 10:19 Harlequin

Why not just buy it though steam it's what I did...?  

News Comments > Valve: Steam Offline Mode "Designed to be Indefinite"
42. Re: Valve: Steam Offline Mode Nov 3, 2013, 08:29 Harlequin

You people whining about Steam.. seriously? When you use steam it makes no secret how it works and it collects anonymous data. This is like like buying a car then acting surprised and whining that you need to keep putting gas in it. As for all the hoppla about it collecting your usage data. SO WHAT? Does it effect you or compromise any personal identifying data about you? No. It seems like you people just finding a reason to complain. You don't want to be tracked using a service on the internet, then stop using the internet. Simple. Otherwise your ISP, email provider, NSA and plethora of other services and agencies are tracking your activity.. as you read this. Otherwise accept the fact its how it works, enjoy the simplicity and convenience of Steam and deal without all the artificial angst and drama.  

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns for Linux Released
18. Re: Shadowrun Returns for Linux Released Nov 1, 2013, 02:20 Harlequin

jdreyer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 23:37:
Harlequin wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 16:42:
As for linux.. meh. It's never going to overtake windows as a gaming platform (or typical desktop). Ever. So while good for the non-conformists its pretty moot in the big picture.

As for Android..meh. It's never going to overtake iOS a gaming platform (or typical mobile). Ever. So while good for the non-conformists its pretty moot in the big picture.

Just sayin'

ermm... Android kicked apples arse in about what 3 yrs? How long as linux been trying and the faithful have been saying "next year is going to be the big break though" 10.. 15 yrs? Giving linux any credit beyond the niche market it is, is silly.

Linux desktop is not android. If linux could replicate androids success don't you think it would have by now, long ago?

13. Re: Shadowrun Returns for Linux Released Oct 31, 2013, 16:42 Harlequin

As for linux.. meh. It's never going to overtake windows as a gaming platform (or typical desktop). Ever. So while good for the non-conformists its pretty moot in the big picture.  

12. Re: Shadowrun Returns for Linux Released Oct 31, 2013, 16:39 Harlequin

Slashman wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 16:07:
I've never played a Shadowrun game so I'm not sure what to expect from this one. Is It worth it?

If you like cyberpunk/fantasy mix yes. (think Blade Runner mixed with LotR) Its a light tactical turn based CRPG. Think modern XCom gameplay.

The story is really good however and worth the price IMO. It's a little light on the choices option (some side quests but fairly linear gameplay) but as I said the strong story, interesting characters and will done visual and music offset those issues mostly.

A deff buy IMO.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
49. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 26, 2013, 08:42 Harlequin

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 21:22:
Sorry, I already paid full price for the game and the DLC, I'm not paying 5 bucks (even if I did have it) for what should be given for free.

So when Peter Jackson put out the extended edition of the LotR moves because you bought the first release that should have been given to you for free?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
19. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 25, 2013, 12:36 Harlequin

Best $5 I have spent. The PC FX seems a bit sharper, few minor bugs but nothing game stopping. The AI is a mixed bag some enemies seem sharper but others seem a bit dumber. Odd. Either case having a blast playing again, I strongly suggest this to any cyberpunk, conspiracy, stealth or/and Shadowrun game fans. For first time players EXPLORE and ignore any message that say to hurry from point a to b. More times then not you will get rewarded for poking around.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 25, 2013, 12:29 Harlequin

Several years ago I dropped Xoops (A PHP based CMS) and switched my community site to DNN (.aspx based CMS). At the time the Xoops people on the forum were all over me stating 'hope you enjoy your site being hacked' and such. How many times I have been hacked since running my site since 2008 under DNN? Zero. How many PHP based sited been compromised? See above plus other security sites. I love being validated.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released
40. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 20:23 Harlequin

jdreyer wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 14:08:

Too big? Still a fifth the budget of a typical CoD or GTA.

Actually closer to 1/10 of GTA's budget. GTA5, with advert budget, was ~250mil according to reports FYI.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released
13. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 13:16 Harlequin

Perhaps but he is more accurate then not. This thing seems to have turned into a BC2K clone more or less at this point. As others below eluded to this thing is probably going to slip away from him and the scope is going to too massive for a small team.

On another note; Many EVE players are talking about jumping ship because this will have features EVE does not. However if it does get released and the project not implode it is not going to be very EVE like IMO.

News Comments > DICE: Linux Needs "One Killer App or Game"
3. Re: DICE: Linux Needs Oct 13, 2013, 11:09 Harlequin

For, literally, 15 years I have heard from the linux faithful 'by next year we will finally break into mainstream!'. I have heard that song an dance so many times I just chuckle and tune it out. Every time a new disto make a little wave or some feature is added that windows had 5 yrs previously it's the 'next big thing' yet ALWAYS like clock work fails to materialize. At what point aside from the blind loyalty linux faith peeps, will the tech community call BS and stop wasting time with the 100% hype, 0 substance from these people? Don't get me wrong I don't have a issue with linux but every year is the same story that from that group that NEVER happens. Seems to me after close to 2 decades of failed hopes and hype the tech community would smarten up and stop the nonsense of following this niche market as if it will magically, this time, do what was promised 15+ times before. Seems crazy and nonsensical to me. Again I don't have a issue with the product I have a issue with the artificial, unrealistic expectations and hollow BS hype we seem to get non-stop from these people.  

News Comments > Op Ed
70. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 21:15 Harlequin

Prez wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 20:54:
Kosumo wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 20:34:
"I have empathy for anyone who is abused ...."

Oh Yeah, we can totally tell that!

Pretty unfair - having empathy for victims and being put off by people who get offended too easily are not mutually exclusive. Just my two cents.

This whole 'these people are too easily offended' on this issue pisses me off frankly as the person saying it clearly has their head in the sand.

I am all for punch to the gut social commentary if it makes you think or commentary that makes fun of itself or the community it is a part of. The problem is these people are voicing concern because they didn't stop at the first strip. If they did we wouldn't be taking about it now.

If I was them I would have done the strip, make my point, when the inevitable fallout hit say "while no offense to real victims was ever the intent I ask you look past the surface and see the real social comment we were making." Then DROP IT.

But did they spin it like that? Of course not their emotional maturity of a 13yr old had to take over, mixed with ego and pride, and they had to lash out in commentary, then print up shirts, then go on a anti-transgender rant, then do another strip about it, then talk about it AGAIN at the recent PAX...

Seriously? At what point do you not say these guys are a bunch of immature ass clowns? Do they have to kill children on a live web feed for you to come around and realize these guys have some serious bias, issues with certain minority groups? Or at the very least are as mature, open minded and worldly as a sheltered 12 yr old?

Sorry but everything AT THIS POINT they have brought on themselves and is way beyond the yelling of 'over sensitive' types. If you don't see that or fail to still see the issue then you are IMO a lost cause being part of the greater good of humanity.

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 2013, 21:21.

News Comments > SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games
45. Re: SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games Sep 19, 2013, 20:52 Harlequin

Closed Betas wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 20:25:
I mean, what the fuck are you smoking trying to defend this communist bullshit?

First you clearly do not understand the term "Communism" I'd suggest looking it up, as it has no bearing on what is going on here.

Second, this isn't (insert mis-understood word used by social conservatives) as many moons ago it was clearly established, in US law, you have NO rights on a site/service except rights the owners choose to give you. (certain protections already established like racist, hate mongering or the like still protect you but generally speaking this is true). So this isn't (insert mis-understood word used by social conservatives) it is simply EA using its rights as established in the rule of law. In other words, yes if you choose a handle in game they don't like they can terminate your account over it legally with no other justification needed.

All that said, if this is true AND they stick to their guns I am all for this. I am hoping other MMO's follow suit. Will be less assclowns us serious players have to deal with and we can enjoy the game without dealing with assclowns who play to game to take that joy away.

56 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo