Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gothic_Wizard

Real Name Gothic_Wizard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Harlequin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Admin of World of Darkness News, News & community site for the WoD MMO. Goth, Pagan Wizard and all around cool guy.
Homepage http://www.wodnews.net
Signed On Apr 5, 2013, 17:47
Total Comments 65 (Suspect)
User ID 57748

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > PopCap Founder Pops Out
25. Re: PopCap Founder Pops Out Sep 6, 2014, 23:18 Harlequin

What a bunch of small minded, judgmental people on here. Surprising. He wants to move on, to work that may better the world as a whole. Admirable goals and vastly more impact then dev'ing a game that will be forgotten about 12 months after release like 90% of all games.

Lets name call the guy and make fun of him for wanting to better himself and perhaps injustices in the world that he perceives. Real big of you people. *rolls eyes* Congats posters, you people are whats wrong with the gaming community.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ArcheAge Open Beta
4. Re: ArcheAge Open Beta Sep 5, 2014, 12:47 Harlequin

garrywong wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 11:24:
Anyone played this? What's this like in comparison to others?

Think old school UO with modern FX. Best way for be to describe it. It has a build your own class system in place like UO/Skyrim. Also A VERY deep crafting system/skills. Working ships and navel combat, and you can pretty much build anything you want (with the proper resources and skill) from a pair of shoes to a castle. Various types of mounts and pets as well. Also a decent death penalty relatively speaking vs other MMO's. As a whole I like it a lot and rather then dumbing down the game for the lowest common denominator this game makes you think due to all the sandbox and detailed in depth character stats. I give it a solid 85 out of 100 score thus far.

News Comments > The Sims 4 Preloads
4. Re: The Sims 4 Preloads Aug 31, 2014, 18:14 Harlequin

According to a IGN editor on twitter EA told them they were NOT releasing pre-release copies to the press for day of release reviews. I think those of us over 16 know what that means generally...  

News Comments > CCP Closing SF Office
12. Re: CCP Closing SF Office Aug 28, 2014, 21:02 Harlequin

Wesp5 wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 15:57:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 15:38:
Wasn't it Activision who made the first VtM game?

Activision published VtM: Bloodlines and is both guilty of releasing it unfinished and on the same day as HL2. If you want details read what Tim Cain has to say about it: http://books.google.com/books?id=lroZsP4zyIYC&pg=PA102

Not totally accurate. Trokia shot themselves in the foot bottom line. Due to a mix of mismanagement, lack of leadership and over reaching Activision had to send their own producers in to take the project over to make the deadline. Don't get me wrong I love Tim Cain, but he makes a far better designer, project lead, idea guy then CEO of a studio.

News Comments > CCP Closing SF Office
11. Re: CCP Closing SF Office Aug 28, 2014, 20:57 Harlequin

garrywong wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 11:59:
I agree their headlong rush to expand was rather foolhardy. Dust, and some unknown MMO that nobody knew or was looking forward to.

Try again, there was a VERY large community looking forward to the WoD MMO. Saying no one knew of it is quite ignorant and telling of your lack of knowledge on the topic. Just because YOU never heard of VtM (lack of geek cred) does not mean no one else did.

News Comments > Mechs & Mercs: Black Talons Announced
5. Re: Mechs & Mercs: Black Talons Announced Jul 9, 2014, 12:50 Harlequin

So this based in the Battletech universe or just liberally 'borrowing' from it?  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown for Linux Released
4. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown for Linux Released Jun 19, 2014, 16:15 Harlequin

So if the said people I spoke of don't post here they don't exist? Nice.

And lets be honest, linux is ALWAYS playing catchup. The line they give is the same line I have heard for 10+ yrs. "linix in the (insert topic here) is coming along and in a few years will be right there with windozzzze". Which we all know isn't the case nor will be. That is just a fact with a hobby, open source OS and a commercial one.

Don't get me wrong I don't dislike linux, but it has its place, as a server. It never has nor what I see ever will get on the same plane as windows desktop for many uses, games included.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown for Linux Released
2. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown for Linux Released Jun 19, 2014, 13:25 Harlequin

Not to put salt in the wounds, but I find it funny linux ppl are still saying how it is a viable gaming platform when games for come out 6 months and at times years (see civ 5) after the PC version. I'll stick with Win7 as a gamer thanks.  

News Comments > Obsidian: New Kickstarter Hopefully This Year
6. Re: Obsidian: New Kickstarter Hopefully This Year Apr 26, 2014, 00:57 Harlequin

For the love of the gods, please hit up CCP while they lick their wounds and get the lic for World Of Darkness and give us a Bloodlines 2 type CRPG. Clearly they are incapable of doing anything with it internally now is the time to strike while the iron is hot per se.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth
62. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 15, 2013, 17:25 Harlequin

"dozens of hours" of gameplay? ok then... I am going to back away real slow.. tell tale sign of a half arsed, amateur or/and incomplete game.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within
54. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 13, 2013, 13:59 Harlequin

fiftykyu wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 19:45:
So I'll take the convenience and the discount, thank you very much.

Enjoy that half a latte of savings, I am sure you'll have a night on the town with it...

35. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 12, 2013, 19:11 Harlequin

Leper wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 16:56:
Civilization has always had random maps so you can't say they aren't aware of the idea.

Apples and oranges. civ is a 2D grid with basic pathfinding on a tile based layout. xcom is a 3D based layout with much more advanced path finding requirements and AI. The time, programming to make a workable 2D game vs a 3D path finding & AI wise is miles apart.

34. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 12, 2013, 19:03 Harlequin

Creston wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 14:42:
Big negative so far: The first council mission is STILL the "save general van doorn" on the busted up bridge. Shit, you couldn't randomize that, Firaxis?? Ugh. I must have played this same fucking mission at least 15 times now already.

It IS random my first council mission wasn't that. Just happenstance you got it.

33. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 12, 2013, 19:02 Harlequin

Cutter wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 12:59:
No, we didn't ask for more maps, we asked for a random map generator! No sale!

A random map generator is a SIGNIFICANT amount of work unless you went with a tile based system. And then people like yourself would complain of the tiles. I prefer a bunch of hand crafted maps without the obvious tiles system like what was in NWN1 that stood out like a sore thumb.

32. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 12, 2013, 18:58 Harlequin

dj LiTh wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 10:26:
Harlequin wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 10:19:
Why not just buy it though steam it's what I did...?

Cause its cheaper and you get a 6$ GMG credit. Some people like to save money, and its working now btw.

If by 'saving' you mean you saved enough for half a latte at Starbucks then I'll pay the extra couple of bucks for convenience since I already have a Stream account.

News Comments > FTL: Faster Than Light Expansion Next Year
28. Re: FTL: Faster Than Light Expansion Next Year Nov 12, 2013, 10:22 Harlequin

I wanted to get into it but the FX looked so cartoony, like WoW in space cartoony I just couldn't get past the screen shots.  

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 12, 2013, 10:19 Harlequin

Why not just buy it though steam it's what I did...?  

News Comments > Valve: Steam Offline Mode "Designed to be Indefinite"
42. Re: Valve: Steam Offline Mode Nov 3, 2013, 08:29 Harlequin

You people whining about Steam.. seriously? When you use steam it makes no secret how it works and it collects anonymous data. This is like like buying a car then acting surprised and whining that you need to keep putting gas in it. As for all the hoppla about it collecting your usage data. SO WHAT? Does it effect you or compromise any personal identifying data about you? No. It seems like you people just finding a reason to complain. You don't want to be tracked using a service on the internet, then stop using the internet. Simple. Otherwise your ISP, email provider, NSA and plethora of other services and agencies are tracking your activity.. as you read this. Otherwise accept the fact its how it works, enjoy the simplicity and convenience of Steam and deal without all the artificial angst and drama.  

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns for Linux Released
18. Re: Shadowrun Returns for Linux Released Nov 1, 2013, 02:20 Harlequin

jdreyer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 23:37:
Harlequin wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 16:42:
As for linux.. meh. It's never going to overtake windows as a gaming platform (or typical desktop). Ever. So while good for the non-conformists its pretty moot in the big picture.

As for Android..meh. It's never going to overtake iOS a gaming platform (or typical mobile). Ever. So while good for the non-conformists its pretty moot in the big picture.

Just sayin'

ermm... Android kicked apples arse in about what 3 yrs? How long as linux been trying and the faithful have been saying "next year is going to be the big break though" 10.. 15 yrs? Giving linux any credit beyond the niche market it is, is silly.

Linux desktop is not android. If linux could replicate androids success don't you think it would have by now, long ago?

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns for Linux Released
13. Re: Shadowrun Returns for Linux Released Oct 31, 2013, 16:42 Harlequin

As for linux.. meh. It's never going to overtake windows as a gaming platform (or typical desktop). Ever. So while good for the non-conformists its pretty moot in the big picture.  

65 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo