Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sean Mesler

Real Name Sean Mesler   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname N2NOther
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Love video games, movies, hardcore music and genre TV.
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 4, 2013, 18:29
Total Comments 5 (Suspect)
User ID 57746

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Op Ed May 16, 2013, 09:09 N2NOther

InBlack wrote on May 15, 2013, 09:28:
Star Wars and EA is a Good Thing...

These kinds of articles do so much to discredit and discourage any honest gaming 'journalist' left out there, or indeed anyone in the gaming industry who wants to express an honest, unbiased, opinion.

Thanks for reading. I assure you that I am as unbiased as anyone because I don't get paid a dime for my contributions to Gamer Horizon. I do what I do because I love video games. Being optimistic about the future of Star Wars games is my honest, unbiased opinion.

I can promise you that I will disavow every single word I wrote if things do not turn out as I hope.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
31. Re: Op Ed May 16, 2013, 09:04 N2NOther

Prez wrote on May 15, 2013, 22:01:
EA article written by an EA fanboy who closes a blind eye to some of the worst offenses committed against gaming. Disregarded. Though I admit they should go great together, Star Wars and EA. The Star Wars IP has been completely devalued by terrible movies, terrible decisions, and the asstastic SWTOR and is now worthless, and EA is steadfastly anti-consumer and generally just sucks complete ass. A match made in hell. They deserve each other.

First I would like to say thank you for reading and commenting. I do appreciate it.

With that being said, I can see how a lack of bleak negativity for this development can come off as a fanboy, but I wrote the piece because I genuinely feel like this is a good thing. I'm by no means an EA fanboy, but I have enjoyed quite a few games this generation and last that were developed by these developers and happened to be published by EA.

I can also can see how you think I am turning a blind eye, but I assure you I am not. Just because I chose to not muddle my message by not acknowledging things like the SimCity fiasco doesn't mean I am not aware of them. In fact, even though I don't game on PC, I was very vocal about the DRM practices laid forth during that incident and the horrible way both EA and Maxis handled the PR afterwords.

I am optimistic about the future of the Star Wars franchise and until I'm shown otherwise in cases that directly relate to Star Wars, then I will remain so.

Again, thank you for reading! I sincerely appreciate your time.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Apr 4, 2013, 17:47 N2NOther

Prez wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 17:39:
How can it be called "TOMB Raider" if by the author's own admission there are "very few traditional tombs" in the game? The puzzles and the exploration were the best thing about the Tomb Raider series; the combat has always been dreadful and by far the worst aspect of every game. So how am I supposed to feel about a "Tomb Raider" game that is combat-focused? Again I ask, how is that "Tomb Raider"?

To use the author's goofy comparison, it's the same as if the Chris Nolan Batman remake turned Batman into an flighty, disinterested old man who bumbled about solving crimes through keen eyes and deduction, Sherlock Holmes style. While it is definitely a good game in its own right, the new game ignores the basic theme of what made Tomb Raider "Tomb Raider". I'll never understand the need to "re-imagine" the most iconic franchises in gaming to the extent that they are virtually unrecognizable to older fans.

First of all thank you for reading!

Again, I need to reiterate that I am a huge fan of the series having played and enjoyed all of the console games. I completely understand your disappointment but as an older fan, I recognize Tomb Raider in the game. I am assuming you've played the game, and as such, you know that by the end, the seeds were very much planted for the series to return to a more traditional adventure while having made the combat much more enjoyable.

I wouldn't say the game is combat focused by any means though. Sure, there is more combat than in previous games but there is far more exploration and platforming than combat in the game. And like I said in the piece, I hope next time around Crystal D can bridge the gap a bit more with making more complex puzzles.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Apr 4, 2013, 16:31 N2NOther

Overon wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 15:16:
Problem with tomb raider is that the plot does not mesh well with a gameplay. Laura does not want to kill a deer for food, has a problem with violence against humans, and the next scene she's doing brutal executions as if it's gear of war. Makes no sense.

That's not necessarily true. She is hesitant to kill because she has never done it. After she kills her first couple of attackers, she comments on how it was so easy it was scary. She never says she has a problem with violence against humans. Just because she has a visceral reaction to her first kill, doesn't mean she is morally against it.

Her execution kills come much later in the game as they are unlocked. It's actually right in step with the character progression as she is pushed further and further by her assailants.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Apr 4, 2013, 14:33 N2NOther

InBlack wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 09:15:
Hmmm. Im sick of people comparing every reboot with Christopher Nolan and his fucking way too overrated trilogy. Sure the second movie was terrific, but the first and third were merely decent.

On a related off-topic note has anyone seen Dredd? Its fucking BRILLIANT. Now that is a great reboot, briliant cinematography (reminds me soo much of Blade Runner), gritty atmosphere and just the right mix of cliches and a very believable future and a proper villain. You know one that isnt EVIL for evil's sake like ala 50's cartoons.

Anyway back on topic, Ive never been a fan of Tomb Raider since it always felt like an Indiana Jones ripoff, just with more tits and ass.

While opinions are clearly subjective, and I happen to disagree with yours a Nolan's Batman trilogy, the point here was more that there are fans of Burton's Batman who still don't like Nolan's Batman Begins but the movies were incredibly successful. As films, commercial movies and a reboot.

And yes, Dredd was really good. Though it suffered a lot in the third act. Dredd getting shot was a non-issue, and his confrontation with Ma-Ma was anticlimactic to say the least. With that being said, I liked it quite a bit. Too bad it was such a flop that a sequel is unlikely.

5 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo