Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joel McCoy

Real Name Joel McCoy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BitWraith
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 21, 2013, 12:59
Total Comments 263 (Amateur)
User ID 57722

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Final Fantasy III Revealed
1. Re: PC Final Fantasy III Revealed Apr 18, 2014, 09:20 BitWraith

I'd like them to release all the old entries in the FF series for Steam. I've enjoyed having Final Fantasy 7 at my fingertips from time to time.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners
37. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 11:50 BitWraith

Creston wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 11:49:
SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 11:48:
Creston wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 11:46:
But I think 37% is probably the amount of games I own that I haven't actually played yet. It might even inch closer to 45-50%.

Sigh.
By the time you get to play them they will look and feel so outdated you do not want to play them at all.

Nah, that's never been a problem for me fortunately. I still play Ultima 3

You're a good man. Ultima 3 is quality shiz.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Feature Pack
6. Re: Guild Wars 2 Feature Pack Apr 16, 2014, 11:20 BitWraith

Parias wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 10:51:
Marvin T. Martian wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 09:01:
I have been playing this game from release and this feature pack, although ambitious,has made too much of a negative impact of the game.Through all the devs positive double speak, it will have a negative impact on many. It's a game breaker for many.

Your post is pretty unclear - what exactly is "negative" and a "game breaker" with this release?

And, since it came out this morning, how have you had time to form this opinion?

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
124. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 16, 2014, 08:38 BitWraith

Bluesnews community logic:

Game company gets 50 million from Electronic Arts: "Bah! EA is evil! These guys have sold out! How dare they get their funding from such an evil corporation!"

Game company gets 50 million from private crowd-sourced investors: "Bah! This is a scam! These people are ripping everyone off! Where is all that money going?"

How do you people expect these folks to get their games made? Of course they're not spending this money on development. They making a profit - good on them for finding a business model that works for them. Do you seriously expect these guys to work at a completely even margin? Spending only exactly what is needed for development? They might actually want to make some money off of this.

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
30. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 11:37 BitWraith

You guys actually think they are sitting around waiting on money to implement "towels" or "horse armor" or whatever they dream up? They have that crap in the pipeline - they announce it with the money just to keep the game on news sites (like this one).

It's called marketing - and it appears to be working since every one of these that pops up generates 100 pages of bitching.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
141. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 12, 2014, 21:29 BitWraith

I thought it looked kick ass. I will play this - depending on how much that ultimately costs me.  

News Comments > Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced
14. Re: Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced Apr 10, 2014, 13:13 BitWraith

fatguy wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 12:20:
What a bunch of tools. They are stooping to the same level of the company that made WarZ right after the DayZ mod came out. A cash grab ripoff. They are probably in overdrive trying to get the game released before DayZ standalone is done.

I dunno, I'm intrigued. I like DayZ in concept. But, it runs so shittily, and controls equally badly, you can color me interested if they make this a user-friendly rip-off. I find myself not playing DayZ because I don't want to wrestle with the damn game.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 8, 2014, 09:37 BitWraith

I'd be curious to see a percentage of XBone owners who consistently use their box for TV viewing.  

News Comments > On ESO Charges
31. Re: On ESO Charges Apr 8, 2014, 08:45 BitWraith

Silicon Avatar wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 20:03:
The quest bugs I found in the beta were all fixed in the final. I didn't have any trouble over the weekend. The only thing I don't really like is the way they handled grouping, but maybe that'll get refined in a year or so (or whenever - it wasn't that big of a deal).

Horses disappearing is still in there. Horses not being summonable if you fast travel while on them is still there. Some quests still won't spawn the enemy that needs killing if there are a bunch of folks waiting...

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 8, 2014, 08:43 BitWraith

Fibrocyte wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 05:39:
PropheT wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 22:55:
Just how screwed up are things when they give out awards for telling the truth. Oy

It seemed like a moronic prize and then they confirmed it by giving it to Snowden.

The prize is stupid, but one day you will be glad he did what he did.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Launches
58. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 7, 2014, 11:57 BitWraith

Zoom wrote on Apr 5, 2014, 14:22:
BitWraith wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 11:28:
I'd say very few. It's obvious that World of Warcraft was a unique case. I like this game, but I don't see any reason why this one will buck the trend.
WoW was nothing special either. The only thing going for it was a very expensive and clever marketing campaign that involved grassroots propaganda to spark up the social networking around it. I remember i was quite surprised many of my friends would fall for it, but they went "because everyone else is there"...
I'm not saying TES online will repeat this, just that popularity is not tied to quality.

I dunno who you are, how old you are, or when you started MMO gaming. That being said, I can remember WoW's launch, and as an old school UO, EQ, DAOC, SWG etc player, I can tell you that WoW at launch was the most amazing thing I had ever played. It's easy to beat it up now because it's old. But, man, back then it absolutely dominated my thoughts even when I was offline. It was the very best - to call it "nothing special" cheapens what those folks accomplished.

ESO - I'm enjoying. It's not as good of a game at launch as wow was. However, I'm tired of playing wow, and this is a fresh change of pace.

News Comments > On ESO Charges
8. Re: On ESO Charges Apr 7, 2014, 10:47 BitWraith

Nighthawk wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 10:30:
There's the 2nd nail in the coffin of this game.
I've got hopes for them but my (limited) number of a reviews I've read seems this game is NOT being received well at all...
Now top that up to billing problems, this is going to tank faster than Old Republic

I wouldn't call this a billing problem. Frankly, I agree with post number 1 - not having 15 bucks in your account is a bigger problem than not being able to log in to a silly game.

From my experience in game, it's being received just fine. There are people everywhere - almost too many.

15. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 4, 2014, 11:28 BitWraith

Creston wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 11:25:
With 5 million people registered for beta, itís clear that a large number of fans are eager to jump online and experience everything the game has to offer play an MMO for free to see if it's any good.

Let us know how many people subscribe after their first month is over.

I'd say very few. It's obvious that World of Warcraft was a unique case. I like this game, but I don't see any reason why this one will buck the trend.

12. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 4, 2014, 11:13 BitWraith

I've been enjoying the game. They really improved things by making those two starter islands not mandatory.  

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep
33. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep Apr 4, 2014, 09:45 BitWraith

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 09:35:
Darks wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 20:18:
Osc8r wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 20:06:
mlw wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 19:40:
Do movie theaters let you watch movies for free?
Do restaurants let you eat for free?

Welcome To The Real World.

You mean the real world where there are better MMO's than ESO and which don't have a monthly fee attached?

This ESO MMO is as generic as they come - there is simply no justification for the monthly fee in THIS CASE considering their competition.

Give it time, i'm sure they too will realise this.

Glad you are enjoying it though! Half a dozen beta's were more than enough for me.

Yea, says you. Ill take a monthly sub any day of a free to play model. the F2P model nickel and dimes you to death for almost anything you need or what to do In the game.

And since when has a monthly sub now become bad?

Because it has a pay 2 win store as well as a sub.

ESO has an in-game store? I haven't found it yet.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
19. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 3, 2014, 08:50 BitWraith

PropheT wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 16:28:
NKD wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 15:40:
The US is god damn awful for work-life balance. We get/take fewer vacation and sick days, we take more work home with us, and we're expected to be on-call even when we aren't technically.

It's just gotten worse in the last 4-5 years, too. The place I work for likes to brag about saving money and doing more with less, which just means we don't replace people that leave and the people who still work there have to pick up any work that they were doing.

They couldn't really cut our vacation time, so they made it harder to take it. There wasn't paid sick time, so they made it so that if you're sick more than a few times in a year you're formally reprimanded and threatened with termination. What are you going to do in this job market, quit?

I work for a company that gets onto those "best places to work" lists pretty regularly, too, sadly. A lot of people have it worse than I do. It seems like in the last few years, though, the job market went bad for workers and workplaces took any opportunity they could to exploit it into making it better for the businesses while pushing a hard line on you doing what's best for the company when that company will happily just lay you off with no notice the second your dollar value becomes inconvenient. 10 years ago they were nice enough to BS you about it, now they just tell you that you're expendable.

Welcome to Ayn Rand's vision of America.

News Comments > Roberts: We Won't Sell Star Citizen
64. Re: Star Citizen Apr 2, 2014, 08:56 BitWraith

I haven't given CR any of my money. Prices for the ships etc are just too damn high for someone who has a mortgage.

That being said, a common theme on this website is "games today are derivative" and "everything is a COD clone". Here we have a game that is at least trying something different. Now, it's being bashed for the scope of what they're trying to accomplish.

As a person with a job, I understand the concern over their business plan. However, it cheapens your position to be so vehemently against this game before even seeing it in action.

News Comments > Roberts: We Won't Sell Star Citizen
16. Re: Roberts: We Won't Sell Star Citizen Apr 1, 2014, 10:57 BitWraith

InBlack wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 10:54:
panbient wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 10:42:
Panickd wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 10:11:
So if you're a game designer you shouldn't dream big or try anything that hasn't been done before? Got it.

Correct. Pretty much. Every single interview I've read with a major designer over the last... 20 years, seems to underline this thought. Basically, feel free to dream big, but, and this is key, BE REALISTIC with your design. Innovate and improve on existing features to provide a better experience rather than putting all your eggs in an unproven basket. More importantly, recognize what is feasible in the current market and the timeframe within which you want to launch so that you actually have a good shot at not just hitting the target but nailing the bullseye.

Right now all I'm seeing / reading about SC is claims that we'll be able to hit a target on the moon with a bow and arrow from our backyards. While the idea is pretty cool, how realistic does it actually sound?

Like so many others, I too remember the development of Freelancer and nothing from RSI is dulling my apprehension for SC.

Yes, I heartily agree with this sentiment. Had he kept his scope smaller and for starters just done Squadron42 (for e.g.) I would be the first in line to throw money at him, but right from the start the guy was promising stretch goals that were hugely ambitous at best, and unbelievably unrealistic at worst.

Man you can buy a lot of stretch for 50 mil. I'll pass judgement after it releases.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans
57. Re: Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans Apr 1, 2014, 08:49 BitWraith

deqer wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 00:36:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 00:16:
The earth's landscape isn't handmade.
Actually, it is. God hand-crafted Earth. But a feeble human brain cannot comprehend that; cannot comprehend that of the mind (and power) of a God, thus you are only capable (and probably selfishly desiring to) believing that it is randomly generated.

God built this planet out of his love for us. It's all "the art of God", every inch of it.

There's a great show on TV right now called "Cosmos". Check it out sometime.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 31, 2014, 13:19 BitWraith

Beamer wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 12:56:
but I've yet to see a low-end TV over 37" that doesn't look like a pile of crud with vaseline smeared all over it.

4K would definitely benefit larger sets (100+ inches), so I see your point.

I also stand corrected on the spelling of Reeks.

263 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo