Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joel McCoy

Real Name Joel McCoy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BitWraith
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 21, 2013, 12:59
Total Comments 380 (Amateur)
User ID 57722

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Sep 11, 2014, 08:26 BitWraith

Lords of Shadow 2 was a pretty fun game. I would grab it for this price.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
105. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 15:45 BitWraith

Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 14:52:
BitWraith wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 13:07:
To the Microsoft won't make a dime folks:

Maybe if they squander the opportunity (likely). However, Microsoft isn't just buying a game, they're buying a BRAND. Minecraft sells tons of t-shirts, toys, foam weapons and armor, etc etc.

They'll blow it, but don't think they're just paying 2 billion for a small game here.

Hey Steve Ballmer is that you? Because I can't think of anyone else dumb enough or insane enough or yelly and sweaty enough to pay 2 billion for 1 game already on its downward slide.

Your insult makes no sense because I'm not buying anything. And, no, I'm not Steve Ballmer.

I could care less if they succeed or fail.

78. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 14:30 BitWraith

DangerDog wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 13:50:
BitWraith wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 13:07:

Maybe if they squander the opportunity (likely). However, Microsoft isn't just buying a game, they're buying a BRAND. Minecraft sells tons of t-shirts, toys, foam weapons and armor, etc etc.

They'll blow it, but don't think they're just paying 2 billion for a small game here.

Come on get real, anyone who has bought minecraft already has. It's not like we're talking about something like Lego brand that seems to keep going on endlessly making new revenue.

Not even Warcraft is worth paying 2 billion for.

Microsoft would have some serious explaining to do to investors if they actually pay 2 billion for this.

We don't have any inside information on what Mojang has been working on. They're buying the whole company. Maybe they have a Minecraft 2 prototype or something. I dunno.

Since Warcraft is still a 1 billion a year profit machine (even with a subscriber hit), I'd say it's most definitely worth at least 2 billion.

Also, I was not aware that Minecraft sales had suddenly halted completely.

65. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 13:07 BitWraith

14. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 09:55 BitWraith

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 09:52:
It's has be a tough decision for Notch. Even if it does make him seem like a hypocrite.

It's different from when say, Facebook's IPO made Zuckerburg a multi-billionaire. Zuckerburg had turned down other large offers. Zuckerburg was expecting the whole time to become amazingly rich. This is a guy with a modest upbringing who never thought he would be rich. He stumbled into it. And now someone is offering to make the millions he currently has look like pennies. I'm pretty sure I couldn't say "no" to that.

Tough decision? No one turns down 2 BILLION DOLLARS. No one.

He could retire, wait until his non-compete clause is up (I'm sure there will be one), and then start some other game company with the Minecraft monkey off his back. Hell still have 1.9 billion in the bank.

News Comments > Transverse Announced
22. Re: Transverse Announced Sep 10, 2014, 08:56 BitWraith

InBlack wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 07:14:
shihonage wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 06:55:

Unfortunately nobody can really make a game that feels as good as MW2, because it used an excellent engine with flight sim physics which were military grade. Because the dude who wrote that engine used to make military grade simulators.

Erm...I agree that MW2 was probably the best Mechwarrior game ever, but it was hardly due to the engine and graphics. Sure these were quite good for their time, but what was most memorable about the game was its fantastic storyline and the rich lore of the Clans which was presented in a stunning fashion. Lets not forget the awesome musical score which IMO was never surpassed in any game since. (I76 came close, another INhouse Activision game, back when they used MAKE games :))

Truth.

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Sep 9, 2014, 11:23 BitWraith

WaltC wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 11:08:
UHD wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 10:42:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 10:34:
Task wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 09:46:
I still laugh every time I see that word "Gamergate" as if its somehow anything 'like' Watergate. "One of these things is not like the other one."
So does that mean every time the MSM puts "gate" to the end of something like bridegate, or whatever else it is less of an issue?

No, it means "Watergate" was an actual scandal that had significant real-world consequences, whereas "Gamergate" is inconsequential and only has importance if you get mad when someone you don't know says something vague but negative about your preferred subculture.

Watergate was little more than a Democratically controlled Congress hurling stones at a Republican president who won reelection over a Democrat by a wide margin. It was political clap-trap from day 1. "Gamergate," indeed, is even less--it is less than nothing.

It was really amusing--the liberal press as usual asking stupendously stupid questions, like: "Is this the end of the Republican party?" ...And then later Reagan & the Republicans take Congress and the Presidency, etc. When it comes to "stupid," nobody is dumber than liberal Democrats, imo...;) What morons! They are fantastically delusional.

Oh, go eff yourself. If you have any recollection of the past 20 years, you are clearly the delusional one.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Sep 9, 2014, 10:30 BitWraith

The Salon article comments are interesting to read because they are peppered with folks who I am describing (being a large, multi-interest site). Here's a choice example:

I'm a female gamer, and I've played World of Warcraft since it started in 2004. I've played multiple characters, mostly female, and in game, I've rescued everything from males, females, animals, or even inanimate objects--it doesn't seem to matter. While I'm sure someone could probably come up with something that is considered "sexist" in the game, as a woman, I don't feel threatened by any of the material. I play with my husband, and we always make toons that are complementary to one another...if he plays a melee class, I play a magic class and vice versa. We have a family guild and play with our three teenagers--when we go into dungeons, I'm the leader (because I'm the tank--decked out in full plate armor, my husband wears the robe--a healer.). I'm not familiar with the two women from this article, but I wonder what their take is on WoW. I don't really have any frame of reference with other games except Guild Wars (I quit this one because IMO, the play was too slow). But, my daughter LOVES the Zelda games and my sons seem to be stuck on Minecraft. For me, I play WoW for the lore. It's like reading a really great fantasy book, but actually going through the motions of the adventure yourself. It's a great way to unwind after a long day, and for us, it makes for some fun times as a family.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Sep 9, 2014, 10:22 BitWraith

nin wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 10:06:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 09:57:
How a culture war exploded in the video gaming world.

Have not noticed a darn thing in my world, seems like some people think they are a lot more important then they think they are.

RPS is one of my favorite game sites. RPS is not just “another game site”, they are very important to both game developers/publishers as well as gamers.

More self importance.

Just because you've not heard of something or not following it, doesn't mean others aren't commenting or following it.

"Self importance" indeed.

Of the millions of "Gamers" out there, this "Gamergate" thing is the equivalent of 10 people fighting with 10 people. The vast majority of "gamers" don't know who Zoey Quinn is, nor do they care. Most never read gaming "news" sites.

My wife is a gamer. She doesn't know or care about any of this stuff.

The whole thing is a fantasy. The details are so hazy and not backed up by hard evidence that it's not even worth reading about. It's just a bunch of butthurt losers, and butthurt "journalists" who think they are celebrities.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 3, 2014, 13:48 BitWraith

NKD wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 11:36:
BitWraith wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 08:49:
It's the celebrities fault that someone broke into their device and stole their private property? How does that compute exactly?

Insecure passwords/recovery questions, failure to opt in to two-factor, etc.

You're on a PC gaming site, surely you should know that your security is mostly in your own hands. No company can protect you from yourself.

I try to avoid placing fault on the victim.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 3, 2014, 08:49 BitWraith

It's the celebrities fault that someone broke into their device and stole their private property? How does that compute exactly?  

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor Collector's Edition Details
3. Re: Warlords of Draenor Collector's Edition Details Aug 15, 2014, 10:56 BitWraith

I have all the other CEs. I have preordered this one. No need to break a trend now.  

News Comments > Warlords of Drednor Livestream to Reveal Date
19. Re: Warlords of Drednor Livestream to Reveal Date Aug 14, 2014, 16:29 BitWraith

Task wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 10:40:
Alamar wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 10:36:
Task wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 10:32:
The cinematics are unfortunately nothing like the game. Just click and watch your guy hack away at clicked thing.

You would be what is referred to as a baddie... : )

Good, WoW was a waste of my time back in the day. Therefore, I can only win by not playing it. Give me a friggin' Warcraft RTS or single-player game instead of garbage hack n slash warcraft mmo's.

Yeah, cause you definitely don't just sit and watch things hit each other playing an RTS game.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Announced
2. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Announced Aug 13, 2014, 10:16 BitWraith

I have yet to play one that is as good as III.  

News Comments > SEGA Offers Aliens Lawsuit Settlement
11. Re: SEGA Offers Aliens Lawsuit Settlement Aug 12, 2014, 16:25 BitWraith

So everyone involved in the class-action suit gets what, a quarter? Time well spent...  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 7, 2014, 16:20 BitWraith

I can remember getting into a huge argument with someone on this website about how tablets are just a fad. I don't remember who I was fighting with, but if you're reading this: "I told you so."  

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor Date Dated
11. Re: Warlords of Draenor Date Dated Aug 5, 2014, 08:59 BitWraith

They always time the content patched to screw with other companies' game releases. They blew their wad in order to screw with Elder Scrolls Online. Now both games are dying. Hopefully this Draenor thing is worth the wait, cause they are bleeding subscribers every month they don't have something on the table.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 4, 2014, 11:58 BitWraith

Creston wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 11:53:
Redmask wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 10:41:
EA has totally mismanaged the Ultima franchise and the worst part is that they never part with IP so you know it's stuck there 'forever'. With so many great RPGs on the horizon its begging for a re-release.

It's not called Ultima, but RG's kickstarted RPG seems to be proceeding along fairly smoothly.

I kickstarted that one. I have avoided the alphas - don't want to ruin the game for myself. The game itself looks good. The business model around it is sorta cash-grabby.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
11. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 1, 2014, 14:31 BitWraith

She's not just someone who enjoys attention. She posts inflammatory stuff, and posts drama bait things all the time. She likes to argue and likes to fish for sympathy.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
17. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 1, 2014, 09:00 BitWraith

Polygon ran a story saying that the girl was drunk and fell trying to climb a fence into the pool area. They had her on camera. So, this all got whipped up based on absolutely no factual evidence whatsoever. Move along, there's nothing to see here.  

380 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo