Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joel McCoy

Real Name Joel McCoy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BitWraith
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 21, 2013, 12:59
Total Comments 351 (Amateur)
User ID 57722

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 23, 2014, 10:16 BitWraith

It sounds suspect to me that Ultra Records would "give permission" to use the songs. It sounds more likely that they would "sell permission". These folks aren't known for their giving nature.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WildStar Sabotage Announced
4. Re: WildStar Sabotage Announced Jul 23, 2014, 09:33 BitWraith

So, has the community turned on this game yet?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 23, 2014, 09:31 BitWraith

I just checked out that youtube channel. That girl is boned. While I hate the music industry as much as the next guy, you can't just use whatever you want in your work - images and music alike.  

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Delayed
4. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Delayed Jul 22, 2014, 17:24 BitWraith

Not exactly a big deal to release in November. I doubt this was an earth-shaking decision by the suits.  

News Comments > Hearthstone Maintenance Now; Naxxramas Launches Later
5. Re: Hearthstone Maintenance Now; Naxxramas Launches Later Jul 22, 2014, 13:59 BitWraith

Linksil wrote on Jul 22, 2014, 12:19:
Sorry, but after years of WoW maintenance and failed launches I've lost way too much faith in blizzard at any announcement. Just release the game when it's done and stop talking about it.

What the hell are you talking about?

News Comments > Areal Kickstarter Suspended
7. Re: Areal Kickstarter Suspended Jul 22, 2014, 13:58 BitWraith

With all the public scrutiny on Yogscast right now, I'm not surprised this happened.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 18, 2014, 15:40 BitWraith

No one knows what they're doing with thermal paste?

It's not rocket science. Put a dab on and let the heat sink spread it out. It only takes a tiny bit to form a connection between the metals.

What they hell is the guy in that gif doing with the plastic bag?

News Comments > Areal Videos
12. Re: Areal Videos Jul 18, 2014, 13:13 BitWraith

Cutter wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 13:03:
Who's dumb enough to give these grifters dime one at this point? Well, a sucker really is born every minute.

With this plus that potato salad guy, I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't start a Kickstarter.

7. Re: Areal Videos Jul 18, 2014, 11:52 BitWraith

Wow - that Forbes link was an interesting read. The rabbit hole goes deep indeed.  

6. Re: Areal Videos Jul 18, 2014, 11:31 BitWraith

Except that they've said all along that they've been in development already, and only need the 50 grand to "finish up". I would expect them to be further along than using Unity assets.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 17, 2014, 09:38 BitWraith

Lewis is the wrong Yogscast guy to be handling PR problems. He comes across as a jerk most of the time anyway.

Half a million bucks gone - poof. The amazing thing is if they (the game company, not yogscast) were seriously working on this thing, would they not have used the half a mil to hire more than 6 people?

News Comments > West Games/Areal AMA Doesn't Answer All Questions
25. Re: West Games/Areal AMA Doesn't Answer All Questions Jul 15, 2014, 09:03 BitWraith

jdreyer wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 17:29:
BitWraith wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 15:20:

Those of us who follow this stuff closely are a minority.

Yeah, but if you KS's it, wouldn't you be following it? I think someone hit it on the head: they're using some if their own money. They went almost to 35K the first day and have barely moved since.

I've kickstarted a few things that I barely follow. Most of them are from trusted sources, though. I trust Garriott will at least send me something. And, the Obduction/Myst folks I trust. I also trust Fargo's crew to get me Torment.

I usually don't even read the e-mails.

17. Re: West Games/Areal AMA Doesn't Answer All Questions Jul 14, 2014, 15:20 BitWraith

nin wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 14:56:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 14:26:
nin wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 13:38:

At this point, they're close enough to their goal (15K), it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they kick in their own money, to make off with the other 35K.

If people haven't canceled their KS by now with all the negative publicity, they must totally believe the devs and are fine with them taking their money.

It is rather puzzling that they've not dropped below $35-$34 K...are they other folks just not paying attention? Planning to withdraw at the last minute? I don't know...

Those of us who follow this stuff closely are a minority.

8. Re: West Games/Areal AMA Doesn't Answer All Questions Jul 14, 2014, 10:44 BitWraith

NetHead wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 10:36:
I haven't followed all this that closely, only reading bits here and there but one or two things always come to mind.

The first is that this seems like a disaster, a PR train-wreck or nightmare especially since they're asking for funding.

The second is if it's genuine, I feel so sorry for the people who are doing the work behind the scenes because someone else is running it right into the ground before its even going.

In the end, from what I've read, it seems very likely that they want the money so they can make a prototype or demo to take to someone else who will further fund (and thus control) the future/full development, which could make keeping Kickstarter promises problematic at best.

If that, or whatever is the case, they should just come out and say it, because at this rate they are not only running this into the ground but also the companies and their names.

While I wouldn't give these guys money even if I had it to blow on something like this, they have mentioned several times (and in that very AMA) that they have secured all funding except for that 50 grand. So, once this kickstarted is done, they'll have all they need.

I don't believe it, but that's what they're saying.

News Comments > Archlord 2 Soundtrack
1. Re: Archlord 2 Soundtrack Jul 14, 2014, 09:06 BitWraith

Nice little surprise this morning. I love game music (especially RPGs). I'll give this a listen.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
8. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jul 14, 2014, 09:00 BitWraith

DangerDog wrote on Jul 12, 2014, 13:32:
What a colossal waste of money, schools should just go back to the basics without tablets and computers. Just look at where many CEO's of tech giants send their kids to school, most of them are dead set against their children being over exposed to technology for good reason.

Back when I was a kid the same argument was being made for "computers in the classroom". Everyone thought that was a waste of money. Fortunately, I was a nerd at home with my own pcs. But, the little jerks who were anti-computer in school are all way behind now in the workforce.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 11, 2014, 13:37 BitWraith

Beamer wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 13:18:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 12:56:
Xbox exec 'defies you to see resolution and framerate differences on sub-60 inch screens

WTF does screen size have anything to do with frame rates. A Microsoft exec who knows nothing about the industry he's in charge of, why I'm I not surprised.

Yeah. I agree with him that most people sit so far from a screen too small to notice the difference between 1080p and 900p.

But frame rate? You probably can.
That said, unless a game is lagging I do not. I have no clue what most games I play are running at. It just doesn't matter much to me. I can't tell you what Halo or Call of Duty ran at. I can't tell you how many frames my PC was getting for Far Cry 3. Just oblivious. It isn't meaningful to me until it impacts gameplay, and I don't find 30fps to impact gameplay to me.

Most console gamers haven't been as in-tune with resolution and frame-rates as pc gamers have been for years. He's probably right - most console gamers won't know (or don't care) what the difference is.

I'll say the screen tearing is very noticeable - and a major problem. I expect that will get patched and fixed with a simple vsync patch (although, I bet they turned off vsync just to get the frame-rate a little higher)

Neither console is as powerful as they should be. This only benefits us as pc gamers, so I don't mind.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
21. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 10, 2014, 14:48 BitWraith

Quinn wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 11:24:
BitWraith wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 11:17:
I have this preordered already.

Back when I was a young nipper playing Pool of Radiance, I would have given a testicle to play a game that looks like this. A little perspective is in order...

Then by all means let loose of your wallet and pre-order every RPG you can. Forever. Because chances are they'll all look better than the games of old.

You'd be surprised how many I do buy.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
10. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 10, 2014, 11:17 BitWraith

I have this preordered already.

Back when I was a young nipper playing Pool of Radiance, I would have given a testicle to play a game that looks like this. A little perspective is in order...

News Comments > Underworld Ascension Announced
34. Re: Underworld Ascension Announced Jul 2, 2014, 08:55 BitWraith

Excellent. I hope it goes well.  

351 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo