Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joel McCoy

Real Name Joel McCoy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BitWraith
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 21, 2013, 12:59
Total Comments 445 (Amateur)
User ID 57722

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 23, 2015, 08:53 BitWraith

The bigger problem with 4K is even those who know what it is don't care.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Mar 9, 2015, 15:20 BitWraith

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 10:40:
It really cracks me up when the climate change people claim every weather change on it. Sure some of it is effected by climate change, but most of it is not. California is more effected by the El Nino out in the Pacific than anything else and that has come and gone for ages.

I look forward to reading your peer-reviewed paper on the subject.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Demos Coming
14. Re: Guild Wars 2 Demos Coming Mar 6, 2015, 08:56 BitWraith

Jonjonz wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 07:53:
This game is so over, logged in after being gone for 2 years, completely deserted.

Silly hats, jumping puzzles, and crappy 8bit graphics just don't fill the bill for most people.

Completely deserted? I play every single night, and I can assure you that the game is not "completely deserted". I certainly wouldn't have to put my characters visible slider on low if that were the case.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2015, 11:11 BitWraith

Ignoring Resurrection I get, but Alien 3 wasn't "horrible". Wasn't amazing, but most people don't flat out reject it as a movie in the series.

I really enjoyed Prometheus btw.

News Comments > SteamVR Hardware Reveal Next Week
31. Re: SteamVR Hardware Reveal Next Week Feb 24, 2015, 08:32 BitWraith

Valve is a game company, and they are rich. They can very slowly make their own games for their own VR headset.  

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit
12. Re: NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit Feb 23, 2015, 10:33 BitWraith

There's something about Shadows of Mordor that sets the 970 off with this problem. With ultra textures I get an annoying little hiccup every once in a while. I believe Mordor was the game that they used to discovered this problem in the first place. I turn the textures down one level and it works fine. Visually I can't tell a difference. Still, I could see this being an issue down the road for me.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 20, 2015, 08:42 BitWraith

"The Order 1886 - First 25 Minutes Gameplay (PS4)."

Isn't this like a third of the game? ZING!

News Comments > Morning Interviews
21. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 13, 2015, 14:41 BitWraith

This comment right here. This is the truth:

"it was a damn kickstarter. there are no guarantees. backers are no victims, but asking for a refund of a kickstarter campaign is just miserable. i backed wasteland 2 and i learned it was hardly worth it. the release date was moved several times. godus is still in development, 22cans is very open and honest to their backers compared to inxile.

john jumps on pm because he has the guts to be open about what has caused the issues. he didnt kill anyone and explains very well what drives him and why he constantly ends up in shituations like that. but hey, try this same shitty interview with a real big fish in the business, ask the ceos of ubi or ea why they are fucking up gaming with dlcs and mt. these companies do patholigically lie to people to satisfy their shareholders. but no, john unloads his childish frustrations on a guy who actually takes his time to talk to him. something none of the big pr machines of the big publishers would do. instead of honoring pm for this, you are the second row guys who keep on bashing him, while someone else has punched him. you guys are frustrated with being lied to over and over again by people that are out of your reach. thats why you celebrate this shit interview. you think finally one of them is getting what he deserves, but pm is not the big fish in the game anymore. he is head of a mid to small sized gaming company. nothing more. you are kicking the wrong guy for the right reasons.

as always in this shit world, the masses kick the weak and bow to the strong. where is the RPS article about what publishers do with your data, how they use psychological methods to milk their audiences, where is the article pointing out who in the big companies is really working on monetizing and what background do these people have? this interview guys, is very weak and makes damaged my respect for RPS."

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Winners
2. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 09:50 BitWraith

Who comes up with these categories? Strategy game of the year is Hearthstone? Adventure game is Mordor?  

News Comments > Square Enix Financials
1. Re: Square Enix Financials Feb 5, 2015, 16:44 BitWraith

It's not hard to double your profits over last year, when last year was a disaster.  

News Comments > Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter
13. Re: Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter Feb 4, 2015, 14:29 BitWraith

jdreyer wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 12:48:
1. For a group of gamers that trumpets gameplay over graphics, there sure is a lot of whining on the graphics. Just be thankful that they're not 8 bit.

2. Moreso than any other genre, RPGs need a massive back end engine to track all the maps, monsters, stats, levels, factions, items, AI, etc. etc. before you even get to graphics. It's no shock that graphic shortcuts would be taken.

3. To make a game like this should cost 10s of millions of dollars. Skyrim did. These guys are trying to do it for 600K, plus perhaps a few mil that Richard or someone might toss in. And it looks that way. Shouldn't be a shock.

4. Even with a couple of 10K backers giving this project a good kick in the pants, the funding is pouring in (3K while I wrote this) and I fully expect this to be funded. I probably won't back, but will probably buy it when it's finished.

Thank you for posting this.

I also think that 600k is too little. I have a feeling that a lot of these folks are banking on it taking off and getting 2 mil or so. Unfortunately, when they just squeak past 600k, they are stuck with too little money and lofty dreams.

News Comments > Valve on the Future of High Performance Graphics
12. Re: Valve on the Future of High Performance Graphics Feb 4, 2015, 10:48 BitWraith

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 10:35:
Valve seems to be getting into all kinds of things and not finish anything before jump on the other.
-Steam controller
-Steam OS
-Steam graphics API
-Steam VR
Lots of potential "game changer" and huge plans but everything seem to get abandoned after a few months when the hype settles.
I am waiting for Valve to announce the next big thing in mobile gaming a Valve tablet or something. Than a few months later they will just forget about it and announce the ground breaking new tech in sound technology for pc gamers.

Those things are all tied together - one project, not many.

News Comments > Blizzard Rumors: "Low Expectations" for Heroes of the Storm?
3. Re: Blizzard Rumors: Jan 30, 2015, 10:31 BitWraith

What's wrong with Hearthstone?  

News Comments > Diablo III Brawling May Not Improve
4. Re: Diablo III Brawling May Not Improve Jan 29, 2015, 13:23 BitWraith

No shits given.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity DLC
4. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity DLC Jan 21, 2015, 08:38 BitWraith

Total-Khaos wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 22:16:
jomisab wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 19:18:
Right now I'm trying to get through the existing content: "The Texture-Popping Revolution", "The Microtransaction Prisoner", and "Killed by Stuttering".

I don't seem to be suffering any of those problems. Oh, right...I skipped this one.

I played it. I didn't experience the texture popping.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
17. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 16, 2015, 13:40 BitWraith

Last year called - they want their conspiracy back.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 15, 2015, 09:10 BitWraith

Blackberry is worth 7.5 billion?  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Kings DLC Released
4. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Kings DLC Released Jan 13, 2015, 11:33 BitWraith

I enjoyed the game. I found most of the performance issues to be overblown. I can only think of one glitch I encountered on my playthrough.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB
7. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 12:40 BitWraith

It was that super sampling option and it still cripples pcs.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
13. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 31, 2014, 08:45 BitWraith

Tablets are just devices designed to sell you stuff.  

445 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo