Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joel McCoy

Real Name Joel McCoy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BitWraith
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 21, 2013, 12:59
Total Comments 396 (Amateur)
User ID 57722

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > NCSOFT Layoffs; Carbine Reportedly Loses 60+
14. Re: NCSOFT Layoffs; Carbine Reportedly Loses 60+ Oct 24, 2014, 08:39 BitWraith

Another one bites the dust. I remember arguing on this site with people who thought Wildstar was the second coming. I played the open Beta and knew in 30 mins that it was going to be a complete fail.

I'm betting on EQ Next. Sony better not let me down.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft
61. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 22:19 BitWraith

You people lack empathy.  

56. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 21:07 BitWraith

Cutter wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 18:12:
BitWraith wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 16:49:
You guys do know that with every sexual comment you make, you justify everything the Anita Sarkeesian's of the world are saying, right?

Why? Because we like hot chicks and prefer to have sex with them over the Anita Sarkeesian's of the world? Sounds like sour grapes to me. Jade Raymond is hot. You're blind or gay if you think otherwise. And I know plenty of lesbians who hit on her in a heartbeat, so what does that make them? Just because we sexualize someone it doesn't automatically invalidate their skills or them as a person. She may be a great managing director, but I'll never know because I'll never work with her, so why would I even care in that case?

Hey, it's ok though, brah, no one is judging you. You may however wsnt to get your tampons out of your purse, because it sounds like it's your time of month.

Because it would appear that her worth is weighed not on her job performance, but rather on her looks?

19. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 16:49 BitWraith

You guys do know that with every sexual comment you make, you justify everything the Anita Sarkeesian's of the world are saying, right?  

News Comments > Project CARS Delayed
2. Re: Project CARS Delayed Oct 17, 2014, 11:32 BitWraith

Turns out it's pretty hard to optimize graphics like that.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2014, 10:14 BitWraith

I was under the impression GamerGate was about Quinn sleeping with journalists, and journalistic integrity overall? Did I miss something? When did it become about feminism?  

News Comments > Final Fantasy XIV GOTY Edition Next Month
5. Re: Final Fantasy XIV GOTY Edition Next Month Oct 14, 2014, 08:44 BitWraith

Boy they're really trying to squeeze the bucks out of this one. That redevelopment time must not have been cheap.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 10, 2014, 13:12 BitWraith

"The internet is a massive waste of time"

Says an article on the internet?

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
18. Re: Sunday Interviews Oct 6, 2014, 09:12 BitWraith

Guy needs to start sleeping with people. That will get his game covered.  

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Online Open Beta & Launch Next Month
13. Re: F.E.A.R. Online Open Beta & Launch Next Month Sep 30, 2014, 08:59 BitWraith

I hate the term "universe". That is all.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Trailer
13. Re: The Witcher 3 Trailer Sep 26, 2014, 08:53 BitWraith

Lord Tea wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 02:22:
I have seen enough trailers and I remain sceptical.

Everything is sweet in these previews but but most of the focus will probably be on the POS consoles.The PC version won't look much better an will still run like ass. That's a scenario I'm very afraid of.

At this moment I'm glad I have NOT pre-ordered.

Give us the game already and I might change my mind.

Since Witcher 2 still brings many pcs to their knees, I wouldn't worry about graphics.

I'll be playing this with a controller, so I'm not worried about controls either.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M
7. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 24, 2014, 10:15 BitWraith

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 10:02:
37.5k copies, ok, nothing amazing. Sort of goes back to what I say about Steam, being #1 doesn't mean you are selling hand over fist. Steam over 100 million registered, under 5 million own Skyrim, the at the top leader for Steam since its release.

Game has solid word a mouth, should end up perhaps nearing 500k.

Since the game was funded up front, that's all profit. You don't need millions of units sold when you fund like that.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Week
5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Week Sep 24, 2014, 08:49 BitWraith

The game is doing fine. There are always tons of people on playing.

Since their only option for income from this game is physical box sales, and the gem store, this is hardly a revelatory announcement.

Most likely box sales are slowing down.

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
20. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 23, 2014, 16:57 BitWraith

Cutter wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 15:05:
Lol Pit, nice one.

And lulz Actiblizz. Nodick must be going fucking apoplectic right now! WoW shedding numbers, no replacement in sight and probably a 100+ mil down the drain.

I don't know how people can talk about Actiblizz and quality in the same sentence, when you look at all their properties and what they've become. I suspect that this wasn't probably all that terrible but wouldn't be a big enough hit for Actiblizz's shareholders so they yanked it instead.

Shareholders aren't usually into "yanking" games. Most people say shit games are released BECAUSE of shareholders. You can't have it both ways.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
5. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 22, 2014, 08:46 BitWraith

I'm glad some of the Kickstarter games are starting to come to fruition. I like the concept.  

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Sep 18, 2014, 15:45 BitWraith

"Male Gamer Orthodoxy" What? What the hell is that?

Here's some reality for the douchebags. 95% of people who play games don't give a shit. I come home from work and play most games with my wife. I encounter women in MMOs all the time. No one is treating them like crap. Most people don't read this stuff, and have no clue what #gamergate even is.

I think these "activists" are confused. There's not a sexism problem in gaming. There's a sexism problem in SOCIETY.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Sep 11, 2014, 08:26 BitWraith

Lords of Shadow 2 was a pretty fun game. I would grab it for this price.  

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
105. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 15:45 BitWraith

Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 14:52:
BitWraith wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 13:07:
To the Microsoft won't make a dime folks:

Maybe if they squander the opportunity (likely). However, Microsoft isn't just buying a game, they're buying a BRAND. Minecraft sells tons of t-shirts, toys, foam weapons and armor, etc etc.

They'll blow it, but don't think they're just paying 2 billion for a small game here.

Hey Steve Ballmer is that you? Because I can't think of anyone else dumb enough or insane enough or yelly and sweaty enough to pay 2 billion for 1 game already on its downward slide.

Your insult makes no sense because I'm not buying anything. And, no, I'm not Steve Ballmer.

I could care less if they succeed or fail.

78. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 14:30 BitWraith

DangerDog wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 13:50:
BitWraith wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 13:07:

Maybe if they squander the opportunity (likely). However, Microsoft isn't just buying a game, they're buying a BRAND. Minecraft sells tons of t-shirts, toys, foam weapons and armor, etc etc.

They'll blow it, but don't think they're just paying 2 billion for a small game here.

Come on get real, anyone who has bought minecraft already has. It's not like we're talking about something like Lego brand that seems to keep going on endlessly making new revenue.

Not even Warcraft is worth paying 2 billion for.

Microsoft would have some serious explaining to do to investors if they actually pay 2 billion for this.

We don't have any inside information on what Mojang has been working on. They're buying the whole company. Maybe they have a Minecraft 2 prototype or something. I dunno.

Since Warcraft is still a 1 billion a year profit machine (even with a subscriber hit), I'd say it's most definitely worth at least 2 billion.

Also, I was not aware that Minecraft sales had suddenly halted completely.

65. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 13:07 BitWraith

396 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo