Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joel McCoy

Real Name Joel McCoy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BitWraith
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 21, 2013, 12:59
Total Comments 369 (Amateur)
User ID 57722

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor Collector's Edition Details
3. Re: Warlords of Draenor Collector's Edition Details Aug 15, 2014, 10:56 BitWraith

I have all the other CEs. I have preordered this one. No need to break a trend now.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warlords of Drednor Livestream to Reveal Date
19. Re: Warlords of Drednor Livestream to Reveal Date Aug 14, 2014, 16:29 BitWraith

Task wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 10:40:
Alamar wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 10:36:
Task wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 10:32:
The cinematics are unfortunately nothing like the game. Just click and watch your guy hack away at clicked thing.

You would be what is referred to as a baddie... : )

Good, WoW was a waste of my time back in the day. Therefore, I can only win by not playing it. Give me a friggin' Warcraft RTS or single-player game instead of garbage hack n slash warcraft mmo's.

Yeah, cause you definitely don't just sit and watch things hit each other playing an RTS game.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Announced
2. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Announced Aug 13, 2014, 10:16 BitWraith

I have yet to play one that is as good as III.  

News Comments > SEGA Offers Aliens Lawsuit Settlement
11. Re: SEGA Offers Aliens Lawsuit Settlement Aug 12, 2014, 16:25 BitWraith

So everyone involved in the class-action suit gets what, a quarter? Time well spent...  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 7, 2014, 16:20 BitWraith

I can remember getting into a huge argument with someone on this website about how tablets are just a fad. I don't remember who I was fighting with, but if you're reading this: "I told you so."  

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor Date Dated
11. Re: Warlords of Draenor Date Dated Aug 5, 2014, 08:59 BitWraith

They always time the content patched to screw with other companies' game releases. They blew their wad in order to screw with Elder Scrolls Online. Now both games are dying. Hopefully this Draenor thing is worth the wait, cause they are bleeding subscribers every month they don't have something on the table.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 4, 2014, 11:58 BitWraith

Creston wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 11:53:
Redmask wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 10:41:
EA has totally mismanaged the Ultima franchise and the worst part is that they never part with IP so you know it's stuck there 'forever'. With so many great RPGs on the horizon its begging for a re-release.

It's not called Ultima, but RG's kickstarted RPG seems to be proceeding along fairly smoothly.

I kickstarted that one. I have avoided the alphas - don't want to ruin the game for myself. The game itself looks good. The business model around it is sorta cash-grabby.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
11. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 1, 2014, 14:31 BitWraith

She's not just someone who enjoys attention. She posts inflammatory stuff, and posts drama bait things all the time. She likes to argue and likes to fish for sympathy.  

17. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 1, 2014, 09:00 BitWraith

Polygon ran a story saying that the girl was drunk and fell trying to climb a fence into the pool area. They had her on camera. So, this all got whipped up based on absolutely no factual evidence whatsoever. Move along, there's nothing to see here.  

5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 31, 2014, 14:07 BitWraith

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 11:12:
BitWraith wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 10:35:
There are some real wackos at conventions. We've been going to Dragon*Con for 10 years, and it is the most "adult atmosphere" of them all. There is some perverted shit that goes down there.

I don't know how women put up with men.

And surprise, surprise, at least one of the founders of that con was busted for touching kids... IIRC, he was under a restraining order from an underage girl, but just couldn't help himself. And he was what, in his 50s?

That guy is a scumbug of the lowest order. He should be eliminated from the genepool.

4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 31, 2014, 14:04 BitWraith

nin wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 11:18:
Adrianne Curry's role in life seems to be to draw attention to herself, ever since she posted photos of her playing wow with no clothes on (if not before).

Agreed. I follow her on Facebook since she's an honorary member of the 501st. Every action she takes is ego-centric. She's sort-of pitiful.

That doesn't change the fact that what she did here was pretty cool. That guy sexually assaulted that women.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 31, 2014, 10:38 BitWraith

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 10:25:
Pigeon wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 09:30:
Tablet's have probably reached the point of saturation; everyone who wanted one has bought one. Same thing that happened with flat screen HD TVs.

What you call market saturation is in reality a market that waits for the "NEXT BIG THING" , and tablets are not that thing yet. Also I highly doubt global markets are crashing.

It's market saturation. No one wants to lug those things around - everyone just uses their phones to play with crappy apps now. Tablets were always an in-between product anyway.

1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 31, 2014, 10:35 BitWraith

There are some real wackos at conventions. We've been going to Dragon*Con for 10 years, and it is the most "adult atmosphere" of them all. There is some perverted shit that goes down there.

I don't know how women put up with men.

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2014, 13:44 BitWraith

Yeah I hadn't considered data caps. That would be a tough situation.  

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2014, 09:10 BitWraith

nin wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 09:08:
BitWraith wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 08:50:
NamecaF wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 05:02:
I've been saying this since Steam arrived on the scene (and has taken off) but everyone seems to think it's the second coming or something. Maybe I'm just showing my age or maybe this generation doesn't really understand what "owning" something means, but we are headed in a really bad direction with the way software and games are heading.

Gaben said they have a kill switch for if they ever went out of business. They could release all purchases. Who knows if they would actually do it, though.

That would also need either to have the steam content servers still running, or only work with already downloaded purchases. Which, some of us downloading our entire steam catalog at this point seems like a disaster...

I doubt they'd just pull the plug with no warning. I would likely buy a huge HD and just download everything.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2014, 08:50 BitWraith

NamecaF wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 05:02:
I've been saying this since Steam arrived on the scene (and has taken off) but everyone seems to think it's the second coming or something. Maybe I'm just showing my age or maybe this generation doesn't really understand what "owning" something means, but we are headed in a really bad direction with the way software and games are heading.

Gaben said they have a kill switch for if they ever went out of business. They could release all purchases. Who knows if they would actually do it, though.

News Comments > Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and SecuROM
8. Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and SecuROM Jul 29, 2014, 11:28 BitWraith

It's not that people don't like the Steam DRM. It's that people like buying games for a dollar. I'll put up with a lot when the games are so cheap.  

3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 29, 2014, 09:32 BitWraith

nin wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 08:49:
I'd love to see Comic Con, but after seeing pictures of folks sleeping overnight to get into hall H? No thanks...

Comic Con has turned into an event where people wait for hours and hours ot be advertised at.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 23, 2014, 10:16 BitWraith

It sounds suspect to me that Ultra Records would "give permission" to use the songs. It sounds more likely that they would "sell permission". These folks aren't known for their giving nature.  

News Comments > WildStar Sabotage Announced
4. Re: WildStar Sabotage Announced Jul 23, 2014, 09:33 BitWraith

So, has the community turned on this game yet?  

369 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo