Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joel McCoy

Real Name Joel McCoy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BitWraith
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 21, 2013, 12:59
Total Comments 360 (Amateur)
User ID 57722

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 31, 2014, 14:07 BitWraith

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 11:12:
BitWraith wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 10:35:
There are some real wackos at conventions. We've been going to Dragon*Con for 10 years, and it is the most "adult atmosphere" of them all. There is some perverted shit that goes down there.

I don't know how women put up with men.

And surprise, surprise, at least one of the founders of that con was busted for touching kids... IIRC, he was under a restraining order from an underage girl, but just couldn't help himself. And he was what, in his 50s?

That guy is a scumbug of the lowest order. He should be eliminated from the genepool.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 31, 2014, 14:04 BitWraith

nin wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 11:18:
Adrianne Curry's role in life seems to be to draw attention to herself, ever since she posted photos of her playing wow with no clothes on (if not before).

Agreed. I follow her on Facebook since she's an honorary member of the 501st. Every action she takes is ego-centric. She's sort-of pitiful.

That doesn't change the fact that what she did here was pretty cool. That guy sexually assaulted that women.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 31, 2014, 10:38 BitWraith

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 10:25:
Pigeon wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 09:30:
Tablet's have probably reached the point of saturation; everyone who wanted one has bought one. Same thing that happened with flat screen HD TVs.

What you call market saturation is in reality a market that waits for the "NEXT BIG THING" , and tablets are not that thing yet. Also I highly doubt global markets are crashing.

It's market saturation. No one wants to lug those things around - everyone just uses their phones to play with crappy apps now. Tablets were always an in-between product anyway.

1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 31, 2014, 10:35 BitWraith

There are some real wackos at conventions. We've been going to Dragon*Con for 10 years, and it is the most "adult atmosphere" of them all. There is some perverted shit that goes down there.

I don't know how women put up with men.

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2014, 13:44 BitWraith

Yeah I hadn't considered data caps. That would be a tough situation.  

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2014, 09:10 BitWraith

nin wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 09:08:
BitWraith wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 08:50:
NamecaF wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 05:02:
I've been saying this since Steam arrived on the scene (and has taken off) but everyone seems to think it's the second coming or something. Maybe I'm just showing my age or maybe this generation doesn't really understand what "owning" something means, but we are headed in a really bad direction with the way software and games are heading.

Gaben said they have a kill switch for if they ever went out of business. They could release all purchases. Who knows if they would actually do it, though.

That would also need either to have the steam content servers still running, or only work with already downloaded purchases. Which, some of us downloading our entire steam catalog at this point seems like a disaster...

I doubt they'd just pull the plug with no warning. I would likely buy a huge HD and just download everything.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2014, 08:50 BitWraith

NamecaF wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 05:02:
I've been saying this since Steam arrived on the scene (and has taken off) but everyone seems to think it's the second coming or something. Maybe I'm just showing my age or maybe this generation doesn't really understand what "owning" something means, but we are headed in a really bad direction with the way software and games are heading.

Gaben said they have a kill switch for if they ever went out of business. They could release all purchases. Who knows if they would actually do it, though.

News Comments > Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and SecuROM
8. Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and SecuROM Jul 29, 2014, 11:28 BitWraith

It's not that people don't like the Steam DRM. It's that people like buying games for a dollar. I'll put up with a lot when the games are so cheap.  

3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 29, 2014, 09:32 BitWraith

nin wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 08:49:
I'd love to see Comic Con, but after seeing pictures of folks sleeping overnight to get into hall H? No thanks...

Comic Con has turned into an event where people wait for hours and hours ot be advertised at.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 23, 2014, 10:16 BitWraith

It sounds suspect to me that Ultra Records would "give permission" to use the songs. It sounds more likely that they would "sell permission". These folks aren't known for their giving nature.  

News Comments > WildStar Sabotage Announced
4. Re: WildStar Sabotage Announced Jul 23, 2014, 09:33 BitWraith

So, has the community turned on this game yet?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 23, 2014, 09:31 BitWraith

I just checked out that youtube channel. That girl is boned. While I hate the music industry as much as the next guy, you can't just use whatever you want in your work - images and music alike.  

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Delayed
4. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Delayed Jul 22, 2014, 17:24 BitWraith

Not exactly a big deal to release in November. I doubt this was an earth-shaking decision by the suits.  

News Comments > Hearthstone Maintenance Now; Naxxramas Launches Later
5. Re: Hearthstone Maintenance Now; Naxxramas Launches Later Jul 22, 2014, 13:59 BitWraith

Linksil wrote on Jul 22, 2014, 12:19:
Sorry, but after years of WoW maintenance and failed launches I've lost way too much faith in blizzard at any announcement. Just release the game when it's done and stop talking about it.

What the hell are you talking about?

News Comments > Areal Kickstarter Suspended
7. Re: Areal Kickstarter Suspended Jul 22, 2014, 13:58 BitWraith

With all the public scrutiny on Yogscast right now, I'm not surprised this happened.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 18, 2014, 15:40 BitWraith

No one knows what they're doing with thermal paste?

It's not rocket science. Put a dab on and let the heat sink spread it out. It only takes a tiny bit to form a connection between the metals.

What they hell is the guy in that gif doing with the plastic bag?

News Comments > Areal Videos
12. Re: Areal Videos Jul 18, 2014, 13:13 BitWraith

Cutter wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 13:03:
Who's dumb enough to give these grifters dime one at this point? Well, a sucker really is born every minute.

With this plus that potato salad guy, I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't start a Kickstarter.

7. Re: Areal Videos Jul 18, 2014, 11:52 BitWraith

Wow - that Forbes link was an interesting read. The rabbit hole goes deep indeed.  

6. Re: Areal Videos Jul 18, 2014, 11:31 BitWraith

Except that they've said all along that they've been in development already, and only need the 50 grand to "finish up". I would expect them to be further along than using Unity assets.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 17, 2014, 09:38 BitWraith

Lewis is the wrong Yogscast guy to be handling PR problems. He comes across as a jerk most of the time anyway.

Half a million bucks gone - poof. The amazing thing is if they (the game company, not yogscast) were seriously working on this thing, would they not have used the half a mil to hire more than 6 people?

360 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo