Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Redmask

Real Name Redmask   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Redmask
Email redmaskk@outlook.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2013, 03:13
Total Comments 2249 (Senior)
User ID 57682

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dragon Age: Inquisition
17. Re: Gone Gold - Dragon Age: Inquisition Oct 31, 2014, 23:04 Redmask

They already admitted in a twitch run that there are a few healing type spells anyway, I have no idea why they keep saying there aren't any when they already demonstrated a few. The game has healing pots and barriers which are effectively a second health bar, you won't be lacking options.

Anything that changes things up is fine with me but after Dragon Age 2 there is no way I'm getting this until the game has been out for a few weeks and people have weighed in.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Evil Within Demo
25. Re: The Evil Within Demo Oct 31, 2014, 07:37 Redmask

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 02:08:
Can you turn on better textures? Can you change the camera so it's not a clusterfuck in fights? Can you turn off monster closets? I watched your video, and let me tell you, running around a desk was very impressive.

You can turn on the demo and see for yourself. I have no idea why you are so obsessed with that guy. The game is out, theres a demo out, if hes a shill then hes a pretty poor one and no one cares anymore. It's not a great game, its not a terrible game but either way it's not worth being frankly kind of weird over it. He likes the game, who cares, move on with your life.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2014, 07:42.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Oct 30, 2014, 18:58 Redmask

No ones buying Zoe.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Far Cry 4
6. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 4 Oct 30, 2014, 18:54 Redmask

Darks wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 18:16:
Ubi is either very bold and confident or just plain stupid to release this game on the same day as Inquisition.

I just don't understand this attitude by publishers to try and compete with each others releases when both can share the profits by staggering their releases. Very puzzling!

The market is big enough to accommodate an RPG and a first person shooter being released on the same day. There is some overlap in demographics but it's probably not significant. Publishers competing is good news for you as a consumer, I wouldn't be complaining about it.

7. Re: The Evil Within Demo Oct 30, 2014, 18:52 Redmask

The majority of the combat encounters are sandbox that allow you to utilize stealth and traps to take the enemies down.

I wouldn't go that far but its definitely not all monster closets.

5. Re: The Evil Within Demo Oct 30, 2014, 18:46 Redmask

The game certainly isn't for everyone but I thought it was alright, better than Alien Isolation. The demo is a good idea, I know a lot of people were on the fence about this and hopefully we can avoid the random shill accusations and shit from the prior posts.

And nevermind...

So Wetwork24, you never did answer my question. What affiliation do you have with this game?

And from most of the reviews I've read about this game, Monster Closets (aka Ambushing) is a HUGE part of this game. Along with horrible controls, camera views, textures, performance, etc etc etc.

Keep on selling this game Wetworks, your boss would be proud.

Rather than following him with accusations, how about you just try the demo? Reviews are always subjective. No one pays people to shill this long after a games release by the way.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 29, 2014, 22:34 Redmask

A console is not a PC, don't expect it to be open or to make sense. Just block the server Sony uses for metrics at the router level, there are complete lists on the web. They don't need you to sign into PSN to datamine you by the way, if there is a network connection at all they already collecting info even during standby. This was discovered way back in the PS3 era. Staying signed out of PSN is a false sense of security, it might make you feel good but it makes no difference. So just sign in and enjoy your Youtube, block the servers you don't need access to and keep the ones you do for auth/whatever and go on your merry way.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
4. Re: Evening Patches Oct 29, 2014, 22:26 Redmask

I have no skin in the game and I think the game is fine, I think I've enjoyed it more than Alien: Isolation even. The game has some stumbles but also some pretty glorious highs, chapter 9 in particular is fucking crazy and should be taught to potential level designers. My biggest complaint with the game is the ridiculous letterboxing implementation more than anything else. The controls are clumsy but you adjust quickly. I also can't say I'm a fan of idtech 5 in general and I hope Bethesda goes in a different direction for future titles despite their heavy investment in the engine.

You can pick the game up for $30 from some spots, I paid $40 for it and I have no regrets. To answer your question though its a bit of both in terms of the atmosphere and tension. It doesn't have the open nature of a Silent Hill game though, quite the opposite.

News Comments > etc., etc.
30. Re: etc., etc. Oct 29, 2014, 07:30 Redmask

You can't claim victories on behalf of "Gamergate" (like getting companies to pull advertizing) but then disavow any responsibility for abuse done in the name of the movement.

Yes you can, just like people make positive claims about SJW related themes and agendas while extremists on that side do things that you wouldn't approve of like censorship, doxxing, harassment and faked abuse.

This woman has serious issues. The "violent macho power fantasy"? When has that ever defined what gaming is about? What a warped view of things she has. Even more worrisome is how many people share in this warped view. What is wrong with you people?

She conveniently ignores that most of her problems also affect the perception of men in gaming media and that gaming is an escapist hobby. People purposely seek out activities they wouldn't otherwise engage in to let off steam or to fulfill a fantasy, there's nothing wrong with that. GTA sells untold copies but by and large people aren't running around committing terrible acts against women because of it. Somehow the feminist agenda has advanced with no problem despite the idea that teens are going to be corrupted by gaming media. It's almost like people are capable of separating fact and fiction but don't tell Anita, shes got some pandering to do.

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 2014, 07:35.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
70. Re: Saturday Interviews Oct 28, 2014, 20:46 Redmask

beremot wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 19:27:
Now you are just ducking and running, and trying to sound high-minded as your little feet carry you off. You called me out, remember? And I'm the one whose supposed to be gutless!

Why should I accept the premise of your loaded challenge? You were going to try to cast anything said in a negative light. You regged here and have been doing nothing but spewing vitriol without direction. I asked you at least be specific instead of soapboxing but you still haven't actually done that, aside from trying to cast me as the villain in your little drama. You also refuse to address your hypocrisy in accusing me of being part of a group simply because I identify with a single aspect of it while you do the exact same thing.

I've listened to and read works from people like Sarkeesian and Alexander, not to mention the many editorials and lectures from the gaming press. I think many aspects of their discussions have merit, particularly about unrealistic depictions of women, over sexualization and dependency on men. What I don't see them giving enough credit to how these things are changing for the better already. I don't agree that there is a significant problem in the industry that needs special redress. As someone else said, it is something that has been changing and will continue to change with time. I vehemently disagree with them about violence against women in videogames, the examples provided have been flawed at best. You keep mentioning threats, I think the two threats against Sarkeesian were made by sick people, not an entire social group engaging in some vast effort to undermine women as a whole. I don't think it says anything about 'Gamergate' whatever the hell that even is, the same way I don't assume Sarkeesian herself orders people to doxx and censor others. I also believe the media has been very one sided in the whole affair and doesn't look at the big picture, instead focusing on clickbait headlines and going with the easy editorial. Her points are not proven simply because she was threatened.

This whole issue long ago transcended being about any single thing, its now gender politics and that's way too complex to sum up in a paragraph. Do I care about ethics in gaming journalism, the thing you keep bleating on about? I doubt you actually want people to care, it deflates your entire argument if they genuinely do so you're going to latch onto anything that says the opposite. But since you're so fixated on me, do I care about it? Not really. It's an issue and I do believe many people are genuinely concerned about it but I'm not particularly worried because of the spotlight that was just shined on it. At least not to the extent that I care about the state of my hobby in general. I think its being unfairly attacked in several respects and I don't mind saying so. If people were saying the same things about golf I'd be making similar arguments. You seem to think that makes me or people like me a part of gamergate but you are mistaken. Not that identifying with the group or its message is some black mark against a persons character.

The problem with 'Gamergate' is that it has no figurehead and has been (fairly or unfairly) associated with negative elements. It's goal has been pretty much been accomplished anyway, the gaming press is on notice that bullshit won't stand and that people are sick of the constant editorializing. The whole concept needs to die, perhaps then people can actually discuss things in a rational manner without so much THEM VS US PICK A SIDE EVERYONE bullshit. Likewise the 'SJW' crowd needs to stop trying to immediately censor any criticism of their messages and accept that people not agree with their social agenda.

That's about as much time as I want to spend on this right now, I've said the same things many times in other topics, if you want more detail then go look for them.

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2014, 21:03.

68. Re: Saturday Interviews Oct 28, 2014, 17:13 Redmask

beremot wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 16:38:
Babble.You're just posting babble, Redmask. Words strung together without much if any thought or nuance.

I'm not sure the author of that diatribe from earlier is anyone to judge. You registered with a chip on your shoulder and have done nothing but soapbox and lash out at others since. It is difficult facing your own hypocrisy so I see you're trying to shift the discussion but I'm not biting.

That isn't really a "position."

I wasn't aware I needed to declare allegiances or stake a position for your sake. If you can't understand such a simple concept that someone might not identify with a groups agenda but understand or agree with a point they make then there is nothing else to be said, this is just wasted time.

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2014, 17:18.

65. Re: Saturday Interviews Oct 28, 2014, 16:18 Redmask

beremot wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 14:48:
Of course you don't see me doing that.

No of course not. 'do as i say, not as i do'. You expect anyone who identifies with any aspect of a point that gamergate might make to take responsibility for something but you won't do the same when adopting a defense on behalf of the flipside. That which you claim you're not a part of even though its literally all you've done and presented here.

TWO: Your comparison is incredibly stupid because I do not belong to any group, or share the views of any group, that has either A: a history of doing such things, or B: has even ever been accused of doing such things. You know why? Because I wouldn't want anything to do with a group even remotely connected to threats of rape, murder, and mass murder. But maybe that's just me.

So its stupid to assume other people belong to a group....even though you do the exact same thing and even made several posts vaguely addressed to posters on this site doing so. There you go again, assuming that people who disagree with people like Sarkeesian are automatically part of the gamergate group. But getting back to assumptions, yes why would anyone assume those things about a guy who registered just to post about this and does nothing but ferociously attack others about it.

It's almost like you actually have picked a side--while denying that you've done so.

I'm sorry you're incapable of processing such a simple concept, you must really struggle with things like peoples politics then. I am not 'aligned' with anything or anyone, I think there are valid points and extremists on both 'sides' of things. Despite your protestations the 'SJW' types have done some pretty despicable things too. I don't however believe that because some idiot threatened a women that it automatically validates everything she said and I don't think I belong to some nebulous group because I happen to think they might have a point about a few things.

63. Re: Saturday Interviews Oct 28, 2014, 07:24 Redmask

beremot wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 00:46:
Exactly the sort of response I would have expected. I see it repeated ad nauseaum in threads like this, and on other sites all over the internet. It's almost as if it were a coordinated meme.

I don't see you stumbling up to the podium to take credit for the doxxing, harassment and censorship of users. So forgive me if I'm not going to play into your ridiculous rant which had no purpose other than trying to claim that anyone who agrees with any aspect of gamergate is somehow wrong or lying. If you think the gaming media has been anything but wrong and one sided from the beginning on this then I don't think you've been actually following it with any seriousness other than cherry picking buzzwords.

You're accusing me of asinine logic when you don't even know what the word "society" means. Here's a primer, in case you ever want to use it in a sentence again. "Society" includes, give or take, every SINGLE person who lives in whatever country you happen to reside in. I live in the U.S., so everyone around me is part of the same greater "American society." To compare GG to a group made up of millions of different individuals and subcultures, many of which have competing interests: Democrats vs. Republicans, GG'ers vs. anti-GG'ers, etc ... is completely asinine.

It's called hyperbole, it's almost like making assumptions about 'everyone' is a mistake

But I just can't figure out which side that would be! I guess you're right, Redmask. I shouldn't go around making assumptions.

This says a lot about your mentality on the subject, I can't just have an opinion about one thing while disagreeing with another, I have to pick a 'side'. I don't like anyone getting harassed or threatened but I also don't like one sided media spin or the assumption that there is a big problem because some fame seeking feminist tries to stir the pot.

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2014, 07:36.

61. Re: Saturday Interviews Oct 27, 2014, 23:38 Redmask

beremot wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 21:56:
Gutless how? The problem with addressing you as individuals, Redmask, is that you always deny any responsibility for what the "bad apples" do or say. You have a collective identity

Anyone can make a twitter, reddit or 4chan account and post things, including people who have a vested interest in their agenda being pushed by having fuel on the fire. Do you take responsibility for everything bad that happens in society? Why not? Stop hiding behind your collective identity and own up for everyone elses mistakes. You should own up for all of the doxxing and harassment that went on from the other side of this too.

What asinine logic, no wonder you're making vague arguments at no one in particular. Here's a hint, not everyone who disagrees with a particular agenda or media portrayal is a part of 'gamergate', you would know that if you did less posturing and more reading around here.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 27, 2014, 21:49 Redmask

ViRGE wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 17:58:
Eh. It was a fine story, or rather a fine movie. But it was indeed a terrible game.

I thought it was a pretty good game, not sure if some of you understand how much you're exaggerating when you use the word terrible. Terrible is a fucking movie license cash in. In many games you have a good game that delivers an okay story. The Last of Us flips that on its head, delivering a great story with solid but unremarkable gameplay. Also play on a higher difficulty next time, the lower difficulties are mind numbing and without tension when you can xray vision everything and ammo is plentiful. The default difficulty is too easy but thats a sin that most games make because they're targeted at the mass market.

59. Re: Saturday Interviews Oct 27, 2014, 20:56 Redmask

Start addressing people by name when you make otherwise vague rants. Unless of course the whole point was to soapbox but not let people actually respond without the implication being that they're bad people for disagreeing.

Gutless.

News Comments > etc.
52. Re: etc. Oct 27, 2014, 20:52 Redmask

NKD wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 12:16:
Why am I not surprised that Beamer completely ignored my post pointing out that he was misrepresenting that subreddit?

Ah well, I give up. Kid's going on the block list. Even Cutter isn't on there.

He was clearly wrong. What, did you actually expect him to admit it? You know better.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 27, 2014, 07:12 Redmask

You can do pretty much do whatever you want here.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 26, 2014, 18:05 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 15:58:
No surprises there. It's why I've always said and will continue to say, "Google is not your friend." Anyone naive enough to put any faith in a major multinational is a fool.

No corporation is your friend, that's not some pearl of wisdom, its just common sense.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2014, 17:53 Redmask

The video is 3 years old so don't sweat it, its amusing anyway.  

2249 Comments. 113 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo