Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
User Settings
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Redmask

Real Name Redmask   
Search for:
Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:
Nickname Redmask
ICQ None given.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2013, 03:13
Total Comments 2821 (Senior)
User ID 57682
User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Season 4 Live
24. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Live Aug 30, 2015, 17:51 Redmask
Retired wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 17:07:
Anyway - hate or love, whatever. If you like it play it, if you don't, go play something else.

It's really just one troll who tries to derail these because he has nothing to do and wants attention. Most people just adopt this attitude. I didn't care for Diablo 3 but it's come a long way and is closer to Diablo 2, if not surpassing it in several ways thanks to the latest patch.

All they need to do is ship another expansion so we have another layer of maps and this is gold.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
News Comments > Diablo III Season 4 Live
21. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Live Aug 30, 2015, 14:45 Redmask
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 13:07:
Axis wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 09:38:
Shows how little you guys know about PoE. There is no sync issues anymore they built a little thing called lockstep in and NO ARPG has anything like it - it's glorious.

I don't care which one is "best", I had both on my radar for a very long time, but this is they way it played out like it or not.

D3 is a baby arpg, nothing like d2 and nothing unique about it. PoE is the king daddy, true successor to d2 and filled with innovation. You don't have to agree, it's a fact.

So what you are saying is they have horrible netcode and had to jury rig a way to sync the game?
Reminds me of 'Lag shooting' in Mechwarrior 3. You had to double lead your target to compensate for shitty net code.

He has nothing better to do, POE is such a great game that he sits around here spamming about it, jealous of other people having fun in other games rather than actually playing it.
News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 29, 2015, 09:58 Redmask
That's some ambition right there.  
News Comments > Out of the Blue
40. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2015, 09:57 Redmask
There's a rumor Guild Wars 2 will be F2P in the next year too and has some more traditional style raids coming.  
News Comments > XCOM 2 Delayed
16. Re: XCOM 2 Delayed Aug 29, 2015, 09:57 Redmask
Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 29, 2015, 08:53:
While disappointing, I'd rather enjoy a well built and robust XCOM experience.

Same here, I would rather they take their time and get it right. The first game was good but had a lot of aspects that felt rushed.
News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
29. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 29, 2015, 09:29 Redmask
I didn't realize we had so many grandmothers here who couldn't secure a simple Windows installation. Running Windows 10 Enterprise and it took about 3 minutes to lock down. It's a massive improvement over Windows 7 and Windows 8, huge strides in process/memory management, the revised display driver model is fantastic and just the CMD/Powershell improvements would be worth it, let alone all of the other interface improvements. They even got rid of the lame start menu from Windows 8, you can unpin their dumb default apps and its the old in its glory.

Takes all of 3 minutes to accomplish, more time here spent bitching about it than actually doing anything productive.
News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 27, 2015, 07:55 Redmask
InBlack wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 02:04:
zip xavier wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 00:32:
Cutter wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 22:45:

As word gets out that it's nothing buy spyware you'll probably see a lot of that happening.

With that logic, people will be going from Android and iOS back to dumbphones.

Exactly. Most people don't give two shits, or more accurately are too dumb or uninformed to even know about the phone home shit. When their Windows box turns into a bloated garbage dump 12-18 months from now, they will be cursing their 'slow' PCs and hurrying to upgrade to the next best thing....

Maybe some people took two seconds to read about it and concluded they could disable everything except for a stupid thing that sends a list of installed store apps. I don't even have any store apps, what the fuck do I care? Windows 10 is pretty fucking nice and I'm not going to stay on Windows 7 forever just to satisfy your personal foibles. If you want to be hyper paranoid about it then no one is stopping you but don't act like the rest of us are uninformed for not agreeing.

Learn to pick your battles. Your smartphone is a bigger intrusion into your privacy, its literally broadcasting your location and thanks to wi-fi sniffing and companies using wifi casts to effectively session ID machines, you're being tracked everywhere. Windows 10 isn't even on the radar to people who really care about these things.
News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter
38. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Aug 27, 2015, 07:48 Redmask
Axis wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 23:50:
Obsidian risked nothing, big AAA company, no kickstarter funding, no game. Larian used their own funds as a last ditch effort to form a new IP, and needed some more kickstarted. The gameplay was quite innovative, unlike anything we've seen in the RPG arena, with plenty of physics based combat to boot. It also included a single player global which I *really* enjoyed till the redmasks of the world ruined it.
My points stand, the comparison was made as an good example. I enjoyed both as I've mentioned before, but D:OS was far better. Larian also did not ride the DLC train, Obsidian is already on to the milking the cows part. Moo.

Obsidian isn't a large AAA company, you already got humiliated trying this argument in the past. Publishers don't like Kickstarter, even doing one can affect your ability to negotiate for contracts. They are a project to project developer just like Larian and have been on the verge of bankruptcy several times. Try actually reading about something for a change and stop being so dishonest just to support your own idiotic opinions. Don't get too mad about always being wrong, its just in your nature it seems.

Speaking of milking, isn't D:OS about to release on the new consoles? el oh el. I wonder how long after they start getting that sweet console money before you start whining about their design integrity. How will you reconcile your hypocrisy when they start making decisions that include how the sequel will work with a controller? I give it a year before you're strangely silent on this topic.

Now go back to your sycophantic cheerleading for your little ARPG and let the rest us read this topic in peace.
News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter
29. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Aug 26, 2015, 19:50 Redmask
Axis wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 17:35:
Few companies will step out and take risks innovating as opposed to flavor of the year mechanics, and no set $$$ amount determines the quality of a game.

D:OS was a innovative risk on a shoestring budget compared to Pillars which was tried and true with millions thrown at it, and D:OS came out on top just as one example.

'Come out on top', I didn't realize we were watching WWE here holy shit that's hilarious. Are you incredibly mistaken or just straight up lying about Kickstarter games here? Original Sin wasn't an innovative risk, its a turn based strategy RPG, not exactly the first of its kind and not even close to Larians first game. Maybe it was a risk but everything is a risk in the gaming industry, welcome to what everyone already knew. It was 70-80% done when they went to Kickstarter and Larian themselves said so in the fucking Kickstarter before you start trying to spin your comment. No one had attempted a serious Baldur's Gate style RPG in years either if you want to talk about taking risks. But that's besides the point because no one cares what did better except for immature people who need to incessantly compare things to make themselves feel better about liking it. Most reasonable people are just happy to get a lot of RPG options and hope success for both games. I could give a fuck less if Pillars of Eternity sold more than Dragon Age Inquisition or Divinity Original Sin, I only care what I thought of the games. That's being an adult, you should try it sometime.
News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
35. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 4, 2015, 18:52 Redmask
That's a cop out excuse that makes no sense. You have zero control over data dissemination on a closed platform. You have no idea what is leaving. It could be your credit card and personal info, or it could whatever dippy game you played. If anything it makes more sense to keep using an open platform PC where you can observe first hand and customize it to your needs. Fact is people just like to bitch. If they really cared they would put up for real and take the same approach to their cellular and every other device in their life.

Everything I've read on this subject says you are still in control which is what matters to me. I don't care if MS makes it all on by default as long as I can turn it off. When I lose control, that's a different story. So far I'm not seeing anything I can't disable right inside of the setup outside of one orphaned setting that was probably left in by mistake. OS rollouts are complicated and it just came out, they will fix it and when they do I will upgrade.

Maybe it will be a big deal for your parents who don't know how the fuck to use Windows but I doubt it. They are too busy disclosing their vacation plans to potential robbers on Facebook and posting your baby pictures up there for Mark to archive for all eternity.
News Comments > Diablo III 2.3 Preview
2. Re: Diablo III 2.3 Preview Aug 4, 2015, 18:45 Redmask
Their leaked roadmap from a few years back had 2 expansions listed so yeah there will be another.

I hope it has better zone design than the last. They have done great work in patching up the mess that was the launch game but there is still much to be done.
News Comments > Halo Wars 2 Announced
1. Re: Halo Wars 2 Announced Aug 4, 2015, 18:23 Redmask
The RTS dumbed for a controller is back, a sure recipe for success.  
News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW at 5.6M Subs
2. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW at 5.6M Subs Aug 4, 2015, 18:23 Redmask
I would rather play 5 games in a year and be happy with 5 individual experiences than just play WoW endlessly for that whole time. There are some MMOs I'm interested in but they just take too much of your time.  
News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
33. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 4, 2015, 18:16 Redmask
Julio wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 17:24:
I doubt those Windows 10 DX12 exclusive games will be here shortly; I can also deal without them, they'll probably arrive for PS4 as well.

Why would you get upset about privacy then load up on a closed console platform where you have no control over anything and literally every aspect of it is uploaded to Sony servers? It strikes me that there are users on the internet who just want to complain about everything even if it goes against something they just said.

I will upgrade to Windows 10 when I'm good and ready but I won't be avoiding it because some internet quarterback wants to pretend to make a stink about something he doesn't even give a shit about in the first place.
News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 20, 2015, 07:18 Redmask
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 19:03:
"This would allow users to easily change carrier, without going through the rigmarole of switching-out sim cards and potentially having to unlock the device."

Just once I'd love to hear out an Apple naysayer that actually has some factually true and compelling to say.

Why do you feel so compelled to defend this giant corporation? Did you bother to think of any downsides or did you just gurgle down the koolaid without much thought? Stop and think about it for a moment before you start angrily responding. Do you think there is maybe a potentially large downside to a non-replaceable SIM?

Think real hard.
News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC
37. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 20, 2015, 07:15 Redmask
ForgedReality wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 22:05:

Yeah I was fine with the way it was before. I enabled the alternate mode and didn't notice anything different. Can someone point it out for me? Maybe I just play differently than everyone else or something, somehow.

It's very noticeable with a gamepad, he previously moved in an absurd manner. Full acceleration, no real jog into it and spun around on a dime. The alternate move system is a big improvement.
News Comments > Evening Interviews
7. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 25, 2015, 20:49 Redmask
Open world multiplayer is bland, stupid shit and more often than not the implementation sucks. GTA V is one of the worst MP experiences I've had. Give me single player Fallout and nothing else.  
News Comments > GMG Arkham Knight Refunds
31. Re: GMG Arkham Knight Refunds Jun 25, 2015, 20:40 Redmask
eDave wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 17:40:
All the bitching from the PC gaming community over this is going to kill the PC gaming community. Lucky we even got a port in this day and age.

The stockholm syndrome evident in a few people here is hilarious. Do you think companies give a shit about what you say? They care about your money, nothing else. We aren't lucky to get a port. They are lucky to obtain your dollars. Have a clue about your own consumer buying power man, I know this is the height of corporate power in the world but jesus christ. No one is going to leave money on the table in this multi-platform dependent market and PC gaming is on the rise again. Shades of 2004 all over again, wahhhh PC gaming is dying blahblahblah. No its just fine and if a publisher stops supporting it then others will serve that market happily. Just like Ubisoft was going to stop releasing games because of 'whining' about DRM?

The game is missing visual effects from the console version, it is having problems across a wide variety of configs and the publisher itself admitted there is a problem. They are going to re-release it after it gets fixed up, no one is leaving a 95% complete product that could earn revenue out in limbo.

Companies don't like the ideas of refunds? Fucking make a working game, how can you not like refunds? Are you stupid?

When people preorder games they get all defensive and invested in their stupid opinions about it. The result is a lot of blame shifting and bullshit. The game runs fine for me, I could get all angry at the people 'whining' but I realize that there are a huge number of users having problems so I'm not going to defend that terrible release.

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 2015, 20:46.
News Comments > More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds
43. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 25, 2015, 07:21 Redmask
Trevellian wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 00:39:
Actually from what I'm hearing, and if you watch TotalBiscuits Port Report it may have to do with HDD's. It seems some of it may be an issue stemming from mechanical drives not being able to keep up with streaming the city. I dunno about Ranger or DarkCntry but I do have mine installed on an SSD and as I said I get no stuttering and can speed through the city at full speed in the Batmobile no problem.

Same, no problems here with stuttering so far, installed on a 500GB Samsung EVO SSD. The game has other problems unrelated to streaming performance though, I've hit more than a few show stoppers so far. Glad it was a free video card pack in and that I wasn't dumb enough to drop money on this.
News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2015, 15:43 Redmask
Cutter wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 15:10:
Why? For being hard on murderers and rapists? Oh, please allow me to mop up all that blood bleeding out of your heart for all those hard done psychopaths. I'm sure people like you think they should all spend their time at Club Med instead, but most rational people think they should be doing a hell of a lot more for the fortune they cost us. And that capital punishment should be a lot more efficient, faster, and cheaper.

Are you really childish enough to think that everyone is in prison for rape and murder? Maybe you're dumb enough to want people who commit violent crimes to have easier access to things like glass, metals and heavy machinery but thankfully most prison officials are not. I'm happy you want convicts running around the country with threadbare supervision but I don't, I want them in prison until they've done their time. A society is judged not by how it treats everyone by the way, not just the people who don't commit crimes. I guess it shouldn't be surprising that you're a nazi apologist considering you're literally coming out in favor of slavery here. As if the corporate run work programs aren't bad enough.

And the Nazis weren't all bad, so stop with the shrill liberal reactionary bit. They had a lot of good, common sense reforms in government and making things efficient, productive, safe, and clean.

Did you think you could slide with that concentration camp reference and no one would notice? Yeah they were wonderfully efficient at creating summer fun camps and going on joyrides through other countries. You're positively disgusting, not to mention ignorant. I'm tired of reading your tripe and its obvious you just want attention so you're being denied that from now on, you get the shit list. I would say have a nice life but its obvious you aren't having much of anything other than toxicity.
2821 Comments. 142 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News logo