Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Redmask

Real Name Redmask   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Redmask
Email redmaskk@outlook.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2013, 03:13
Total Comments 2699 (Senior)
User ID 57682

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
19. Re: Into the Black Apr 25, 2015, 22:49 Redmask

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 03:36:
He's out of town.

But he's not thrilled with some of the discussion's on Blues about his profession and how one sided it is, with all the hatred towards police officers. And considering what he has endured during his career and lately I can't blame him.

People talk shit about my job all day on here, sorry but tough shit. I'm sorry he went through some personal shit but that's not anyone elses problem and asking people not to discuss major issues from the news because of one persons sensitivities isn't going to fly.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 23, 2015, 07:23 Redmask

Sorry to interrupt your circle jerk but you guys know that much of the time the promo material comes from the developer directly and that its largely clueless marketing people who are put in charge of releasing it, right? I think the Xbox One is a giant piece of shit but I doubt there was any conspiracy to deceive anyone here, just stupidity.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2015, 23:27 Redmask

jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 17:01:
It would be a pretty major project to get a mobile version of Blues operational. The original site software is ancient, and was never designed for mobile. It has been hacked by Frans to do a bunch of custom things, but to refactor it so it supported both desktop and mobile would probably require migrating to a new platform. It would probably be 100s of hours of development time and cost 10s of thousands.

Might be possible to raise the funds with Kickstarter or something, but would also take tons of Blue's time to articulate what he needed.

Seems like you are overestimating the requirements of this website, much of the work would just be CSS and deciding how many old aspects need to go which is most of them. There is a ton of dead space and redundancy, the actual requirements aren't that significant. The biggest project would be integrating some form of new comment system and some method for Blue to update it, last time I read this section he was using Frontpage 98 or some shit. The design of the page wouldn't take long at all. As google deranks this page over time it will become more of an issue for ads and money but who knows what his priorities are.

News Comments > GTA5 Account Loss Follow-ups
16. Re: GTA5 Account Loss Follow-ups Apr 22, 2015, 23:21 Redmask

His point was that you're constantly crying about lawsuits for various things that never happen. Lawsuits may be commonplace in America but you clearly know jack shit about them considering how many you predict that never come to be. No one is fucking suing Rockstar over a few dropped calls from first level tech support, take your own advice about using your head.  

30. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2015, 07:30 Redmask

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 00:16:

Are you a Police Officer? Then I kindly ask all of you to SHUT THE FUCK UP. Unless you have the badge you have NOTHING to offer the conversation either way. So quit trying to be a armchair officer until you've lived the life.

This is bullshit, police are accountable to the public, not the other way around. People have every right and indeed should discuss their performance. Not knowing shit about making games doesn't stop you from discussing my profession.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2015, 18:31 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 18:13:
2. Why the fuck is it my job to make a cop comfortable in giving me a ticket? Most of them are just overpaid ticket dispensers for the state generating revenue with bullshit laws that solely exist for that purpose and are completely arbitrary. Cops now make 100k a year plus massive benefits of which 99% of their job could be done meter maids or cameras for a vastly cheaper amount. You just sound like a well trained dog. Yeah, I know your type, natural born traitor and collaborator. One of those weak willed people who needs the protection and approval of authority figures to validate his miserable existence

You calling anyone else a traitor is rich. You are here every day, whining about one social issue or another. You can't even keep your own opinions straight and end up contradicting yourself constantly, you're just noise. You want all of the benefits of society without having to pay for any. You are the traitor, you who would skip out on his taxes and don't care about his neighbors. No modern society can function without some form of police force. Traffic is a very small portion of that job. I don't hold police in any high esteem as I think they get a lot of slack that they don't realize but you go too far in the other direction with your bizarre paranoia and frankly extremist bullshit. If you think society without police is so grand feel free to move to the middle east, then you can lecture the rest of us about how wonderful life is without the 'ticket dispensers'.

You don't get to lecture people about how necessary police are until you've lived in a place where the crime rate consists of more than fucking traffic violations. Overpaid or not, cops deal with a lot of bullshit that you obviously don't want to.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm in June
19. Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 21, 2015, 07:20 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 00:03:
Ravor wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 21:23:
Blizzard did what Blizzard does by taking all of the great features of many games, blending it, then watering it down a bit and taking all the "hard" stuff out and coming up with a "Good" game.

If you're looking for a solid MOBA without any of the technical stuff like DOTA2 (Item Buying, Last Hitting, Laning) then this is about as good as it gets.

If you're looking for an actual skill based game, then stick with DOTA2 or LOL.

People with lives don't have time to invest in games like DOTA2, LOL, et al. That's not a shot, just a sad fact of life.

LoL and Dota games are usually like 30 minutes long, not exactly a life long commitment. When you play 40 minutes of this game or GTA Online, are you a person with no life? Don't even answer that. I doubt you have even played either one.

This comment was edited on Apr 21, 2015, 07:42.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
10. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 20, 2015, 07:34 Redmask

We do need alternative search engines but unfortunately Bing isn't a viable one. I tried switching a few months ago and it was an exercise in frustration, somehow they have even more commercial bias and just less useful links overall.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 20, 2015, 07:31 Redmask

NKD wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 04:43:
GTA Online has been a pretty big exercise in frustration for my friends and me.

We often have to try multiple times to get into the same session, whether public, friends, or crew session. Often times after completing a mission or other online activity we end up split up into different sessions. Many times we can't join each others sessions from the friends list without an explicit invite or else we simply get an error like "Could not find compatible friends session."

That's to say nothing of the frequent time outs while joining sessions, and the horrible workflow for dealing with sessions. For example if I am in a public session I apparently have to load into single player to create a friend or crew session.

There are also some pretty annoying gameplay decisions. For example blowing up personal vehicles to get some guys armored vehicle off your ass gets you flagged as a Bad Sport after a while, plus you have to pay a fine every time.

That is pretty much how the console experience was and this is why people wanted Steamworks integration on the PC instead of this bullshit. Many people here defended Rockstar at the time but we see time and time again that many companies just can't do infrastructure and MP frameworks properly.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
291. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 20, 2015, 07:27 Redmask

Rigs wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 03:00:
If I have to explain to you why someone would feel bad for something they said to someone in anger...then everything I said about you not giving a damn about others feelings is right on the mark...

And I think the IGNORE function is broken. I still see Krovven's posts...ah, whatever.

=-Rigs-=

You need to click remember me and have your cookie set properly for the ignore function to work here. Don't waste your time on little krovven, hes an attention troll who just needs his fix. You might feel bad about this interaction but he gets off on making you upset, remember that.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Date Announced
7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Announced Apr 17, 2015, 17:51 Redmask

Awaiting further news of its monetization efforts.  

270. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 17, 2015, 17:44 Redmask

Wash the oranges and lemon thoroughly. Cut the oranges into 1/8-inch slices using a mandoline, removing the seeds as you go. Stack the orange slices and cut them into quarters. Place the oranges into an 8-quart stainless steel pot. Add some lemon zest and juice and the water to the pot, set over high heat and bring to a boil, approximately 10 minutes. Once boiling, reduce the heat to maintain a rapid simmer and cook, stirring frequently, for 30 minutes or until the fruit is very soft.

While the fruit is cooking, fill a large pot (at least 10-quart) 3/4 full with water, set over high heat and bring to a boil. Place 10 (8-ounce) jars and rings, canning funnel, ladle, and tongs into the boiling water and make sure the water covers the jars by at least an inch. Boil for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the lids and leave everything in the pot until the marmalade is ready.

That's my GTA V themed recipe, enjoy.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2015, 17:00 Redmask

That is really mocked up and I doubt representative despite their claims but I'm still excited.  

268. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 17, 2015, 16:53 Redmask

Orogogus wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 16:23:
I never understand why people with thousands of posts still get posts pulled and complain about it. Nin does get on people's cases, but usually doesn't make straight up personal attacks; merely snide generally gets a pass. But call someone names or tell them to go to hell, someone reports it and the post gets pulled. That's it. And yet a handful of people keep driving off this bridge and coming back to complain about it.

It's not rocket science, when you end every post calling someone stupid or act rude to them you will get your shitty posts reported because people don't like being treated that way. When I'm in a bad mood and make a shitty post people report them and they get removed, I don't go crying about it and blame Blue. Complaints about double standards are dumb, other users don't make that content the majority of their posts so they don't get as many moderated, that simple. Krovven = PEBKAC stop indulging him, he knows exactly what hes doing and does it for the attention.

This comment was edited on Apr 17, 2015, 16:59.

259. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 17, 2015, 07:28 Redmask

AirWreck wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 00:20:
I took that response the same way as you Rigs the first time I read it as directed at DangerDog, but on second reading I believe it was to JohnBirshire.

Either way its an intentionally shitty way to say something no matter who its directed at. Totally fucking unnecessary and just intended to stir the shit. You could make the exact same post without the shitty text and nothing would be lost. So his crying about being unfairly accosted by Rigs is just bullshit, he was always going for a reaction from someone. That's why people like him do that, they want attention. I bet you go through his history and find 100+ posts exactly like it. Best thing to do with people like him is put him on ignore, that's what I did and I only see his ridiculous crap when people quote it so kindly stop thanks in advance.

The dust has settled and I'm kinda bored with Mortal Kombat X, should I pick up this port? What's the verdict with AMD shit?

News Comments > Into the Black
19. Re: Into the Black Apr 16, 2015, 23:27 Redmask

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 19:48:
NKD wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 19:31:
That villain looks like Darth Revan

This is what I posted elsewhere:
Here's some of the shit that irritates me; decrepit Han Solo as pandering fan service? Check. Ancient Millenium Falcon (which was old when Han got it) that is also nothing more than pandering fan service? Check. The Sith Helmet person looking like a direct ripoff of Darth Revan from the first Knights of the Old Republic? Check. ALL THE CHROME! X-Wing pilots that act like sixteen year olds hooning in their parents car. A Star Destroyer that apparently made it through atmo and into the sand without so much as a scorch mark let alone being broken and twisted. The handing over of a lightsaber to a novice that should, by even Disney's own canon, build their own.

Jesus christ, you guys ruin everything. Go outside.

254. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 16, 2015, 23:21 Redmask

Sepharo wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 18:11:
Not to excuse anything that was said afterwards, but it is factual

Stir that pot

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Sells 1M
6. Re: Cities: Skylines Sells 1M Apr 14, 2015, 23:03 Redmask

Oh EA allowed mods for Simcity, you don't remember the wonders of Simcity Crest + Oral B or the Simcity Nissan Leaf? Quality fucking DLC there.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2015, 18:03 Redmask

Retired wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 10:10:
I disagree. A 4 second clip does not a whole story make. This whole thing started with a Ferguson lie "hands up" which even the AG has stated that was incorrect, witnesses lied, he never said that nor did that.So you believe those cops committed premeditated murder? You are dense, turn off the tv.

I didn't even mention Ferguson, how about you turn off the fuckin TV? I'm not talking about justifiable shootings in the line, I'm talking about officers committing homicide and the constant cover ups we see that only get dispelled with video evidence.

Everyone acts like the shootings by police are never justified. They make a decision (incorrectly) the majority of the time that the cop is in the wrong, just because they are a cop. Months later, the truth comes out, but they reject it. Even the federal government has stepped in on the issues and said it was justified - that is no cover up. It is true, there are a small fraction of these that are wrong, I don't disagree with that. But using a brush and painting over the whole thing with one swoop and saying we are intentionally killing people is a very dangerous stance to take. Cops are getting in more shooting because the United States has become a very violent place, not because there are rouge cops going to work everyday looking to get into a shooting. Anyway, I don't know why I bother posting anything, it is like speaking to a child a lot of times around here. People's ideas about cops are jaded because they got a ticket once and so they hate cops.

Who is everyone and where do they say this? I think most police shootings are justified, its the ones that aren't justified that I am talking about. What about that is so difficult to understand? No one is painting good cops with a brush, they are upset because good cops are painting themselves with that brush using this thin blue line bullshit to cover for bad cops.
Actually violent crime is continually going down in the US, its a 20 year phenomenon at this point. No one cares if they got a ticket, that's some immature self justification shit on your part to try to dismiss what other people are saying. It's a bullshit, scared method of trying to create an us vs them mentality to reinforce your own view points.

Tired of people around here pissing on my profession. I work everyday to break the stereotype, and seeing shit slung around here, a place where people claim to be of higher intelligence, is sickening. I wish I could share my current situation, but it would involve me telling everyone who I am - which wouldn't go well in this cesspool of trolls. Everyone here has the opportunity to email me, but instead they puff out their chest and talk tough, dancing around a conversation and reality.

Quitting a website because some people don't like cops, a theory you haven't even proven, would mean you should pretty much stop using the internet in general. Why would anyone email you? Who made you the authority on policing? What makes you think other people here aren't cops? It's a forum, no one is going to email you. What makes you think your profession is so much more worthy of reverence than anyone elses? People piss all over my job on this board, I don't give a fuck. Most of the cops I know have a thicker skin.

196. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 14, 2015, 07:34 Redmask

How is the loading compared to the console versions? The swap between protagonists used to drive me crazy.  

2699 Comments. 135 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo