Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Redmask

Real Name Redmask   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Redmask
Email redmaskk@outlook.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2013, 03:13
Total Comments 2807 (Senior)
User ID 57682

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 20, 2015, 07:18 Redmask

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 19:03:
"This would allow users to easily change carrier, without going through the rigmarole of switching-out sim cards and potentially having to unlock the device."

Just once I'd love to hear out an Apple naysayer that actually has some factually true and compelling to say.

Why do you feel so compelled to defend this giant corporation? Did you bother to think of any downsides or did you just gurgle down the koolaid without much thought? Stop and think about it for a moment before you start angrily responding. Do you think there is maybe a potentially large downside to a non-replaceable SIM?

Think real hard.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC
37. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 20, 2015, 07:15 Redmask

ForgedReality wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 22:05:

Yeah I was fine with the way it was before. I enabled the alternate mode and didn't notice anything different. Can someone point it out for me? Maybe I just play differently than everyone else or something, somehow.

It's very noticeable with a gamepad, he previously moved in an absurd manner. Full acceleration, no real jog into it and spun around on a dime. The alternate move system is a big improvement.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
7. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 25, 2015, 20:49 Redmask

Open world multiplayer is bland, stupid shit and more often than not the implementation sucks. GTA V is one of the worst MP experiences I've had. Give me single player Fallout and nothing else.  

News Comments > GMG Arkham Knight Refunds
31. Re: GMG Arkham Knight Refunds Jun 25, 2015, 20:40 Redmask

eDave wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 17:40:
All the bitching from the PC gaming community over this is going to kill the PC gaming community. Lucky we even got a port in this day and age.

The stockholm syndrome evident in a few people here is hilarious. Do you think companies give a shit about what you say? They care about your money, nothing else. We aren't lucky to get a port. They are lucky to obtain your dollars. Have a clue about your own consumer buying power man, I know this is the height of corporate power in the world but jesus christ. No one is going to leave money on the table in this multi-platform dependent market and PC gaming is on the rise again. Shades of 2004 all over again, wahhhh PC gaming is dying blahblahblah. No its just fine and if a publisher stops supporting it then others will serve that market happily. Just like Ubisoft was going to stop releasing games because of 'whining' about DRM?

The game is missing visual effects from the console version, it is having problems across a wide variety of configs and the publisher itself admitted there is a problem. They are going to re-release it after it gets fixed up, no one is leaving a 95% complete product that could earn revenue out in limbo.

Companies don't like the ideas of refunds? Fucking make a working game, how can you not like refunds? Are you stupid?

When people preorder games they get all defensive and invested in their stupid opinions about it. The result is a lot of blame shifting and bullshit. The game runs fine for me, I could get all angry at the people 'whining' but I realize that there are a huge number of users having problems so I'm not going to defend that terrible release.

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 2015, 20:46.

News Comments > More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds
43. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 25, 2015, 07:21 Redmask

Trevellian wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 00:39:
Actually from what I'm hearing, and if you watch TotalBiscuits Port Report it may have to do with HDD's. It seems some of it may be an issue stemming from mechanical drives not being able to keep up with streaming the city. I dunno about Ranger or DarkCntry but I do have mine installed on an SSD and as I said I get no stuttering and can speed through the city at full speed in the Batmobile no problem.

Same, no problems here with stuttering so far, installed on a 500GB Samsung EVO SSD. The game has other problems unrelated to streaming performance though, I've hit more than a few show stoppers so far. Glad it was a free video card pack in and that I wasn't dumb enough to drop money on this.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2015, 15:43 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 15:10:
Why? For being hard on murderers and rapists? Oh, please allow me to mop up all that blood bleeding out of your heart for all those hard done psychopaths. I'm sure people like you think they should all spend their time at Club Med instead, but most rational people think they should be doing a hell of a lot more for the fortune they cost us. And that capital punishment should be a lot more efficient, faster, and cheaper.

Are you really childish enough to think that everyone is in prison for rape and murder? Maybe you're dumb enough to want people who commit violent crimes to have easier access to things like glass, metals and heavy machinery but thankfully most prison officials are not. I'm happy you want convicts running around the country with threadbare supervision but I don't, I want them in prison until they've done their time. A society is judged not by how it treats everyone by the way, not just the people who don't commit crimes. I guess it shouldn't be surprising that you're a nazi apologist considering you're literally coming out in favor of slavery here. As if the corporate run work programs aren't bad enough.

And the Nazis weren't all bad, so stop with the shrill liberal reactionary bit. They had a lot of good, common sense reforms in government and making things efficient, productive, safe, and clean.

Did you think you could slide with that concentration camp reference and no one would notice? Yeah they were wonderfully efficient at creating summer fun camps and going on joyrides through other countries. You're positively disgusting, not to mention ignorant. I'm tired of reading your tripe and its obvious you just want attention so you're being denied that from now on, you get the shit list. I would say have a nice life but its obvious you aren't having much of anything other than toxicity.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 22, 2015, 18:34 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 14:53:
I'm not defending Apple, I'm condeming the model that Swift and other parasites like her want. Apple in this case is doing musicians a favour. Giving people the opportunity to check out stuff they normally might not if it's a purchase or not at all scenario. It's bad enough they have everything skewed in their favour as it is. And then they wonder why piracy is still so rampant. The unmitigated greed of musicians is breathtaking.

You are defending Apple because of some weird personal hang up about Taylor Swift and as usual you're completely up your own ass with bizarre whining about things you don't even understand. Go ask some actual in the trenches artists how much money they derive from copyright termed royalties. Then ask them how much they want to wait for Apple to release trial royalties. Whether you like or hate Taylor Swift she was on the right side of this. You were on the side of Apple which is hilarious considering we never hear the end of how bad they are from you.

Well done hypocrite.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity White March Expansion Details
12. Re: Pillars of Eternity White March Expansion Details Jun 17, 2015, 07:16 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 01:54:
So is the expansion that makes the game good?

The game is already good, you're just bad at it. I recall your whining from release where 'wahhhh the game is so hard, why isnt it turn based?!'. Go play a turn based game then instead of crying on here about it.

News Comments > AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced
17. Re: AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced Jun 16, 2015, 17:59 Redmask

1badmf wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 17:57:
Redmask wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 17:14:
Fury X looks decent at the high end but it sounds like its not going to outperform the 980 Ti at the same price point. The Nano looks good on the value end but its not appearing for awhile, Global Foundries must be sucking ass for yields because the rollouts are so staggered. The other 300s are yet another rebrand and not worth mentioning, the 8GB card 390x is pointless considering the specs aren't there to drive the high end anyway.

Nothing revolutionary but at least they're trying to maintain parity. Th

and you can tell all that just by reading this press release? my god, your powers of deduction... they're... they're full of bullshit!

I'm reading the specs off the AMD website and watching the video they made today with release dates which you can reach via this magical invention called Google. No need to be so defensive over your choice of hardware, I'm not assaulting your person with my theories about a set of videocards. The 300 rebrands were well known in advance by the way.

13. Re: AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced Jun 16, 2015, 17:53 Redmask

More like consumer branding lol.

The Asus monitor is sourcing parts from the same vendors, its all coming from the same factories. It's just a matter of who actually bothers to test for defects which Acer is fucking terrible for. The actual monitor is fucking great, single biggest upgrade for gaming I've seen in a long time.

11. Re: AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced Jun 16, 2015, 17:46 Redmask

Freesync is shit right now, don't bother. As much it sucks supporting Nvidia's proprietary shit, GSync is vastly superior to Freesync. No minimum refresh crap, higher ranges and its fairly standardized whereas Freesync implementations are completely hit and miss depending on who you buy. High minimum refresh rates (40Hz) that caps 40Hz VSync when you go below that looks awful and no overdrive support with freesync means that even 1ms TN panels have ghosting when freesync is enabled. The only high refresh rate IPS freesync screen even has a top end limit of 90Hz compared to the 144Hz GSync equivalent. Gsync is hardware encapsulated so you can get a Gsync monitor with an AMD card without worrying about compatibility too. Freesync monitors are garbage right now compared to Gsync, the only better aspect is price.

The tl;dr is that Freesync monitors right now all suck, get a Gsync monitor or just wait for better ones.

Asus is making a 27" IPS, 1440p Gsync monitor that will be coming out in the next few months, I would keep an eye on that. The other option is an Acer XB270Hu which I own but wouldn't recommend, I had to RMA it 3 times to get a decent panel, Acer QA is fucking ballsack.

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 2015, 17:52.

4. Re: AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced Jun 16, 2015, 17:14 Redmask

Fury X looks decent at the high end but it sounds like its not going to outperform the 980 Ti at the same price point. The Nano looks good on the value end but its not appearing for awhile, Global Foundries must be sucking ass for yields because the rollouts are so staggered. The other 300s are yet another rebrand and not worth mentioning, the 8GB card 390x is pointless considering the specs aren't there to drive the high end anyway.

Nothing revolutionary but at least they're trying to maintain parity. Th

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 15, 2015, 22:46 Redmask

It's not possible unless they have completely neutered the creation tools. A simple NPC mod could murder a PCs performance, let alone the resource strapped consoles. Fucking weird, this has to be some PR dance.  

News Comments > Dishonored Game Announcement Accidentally Spoiled
13. Re: Dishonored Game Announcement Accidentally Spoiled Jun 14, 2015, 18:03 Redmask

Sorry, but no matter how much you dislike the business practices of Bethesda (Zenimax) you have to give them credit for delivering some seriously rock solid games that most of us have spent HUNDREDS of hours in. I know I'll be spending at least 100+ hours in F4 & Dishonored was an OUTSTANDING game. Really looking forward to tonight's stream!

Fuck yeah, Bethesda games give great value for the money. Dishonored was a pleasant surprise, definitely looking forward to more. Don't listen to Cutter, he actually liked the game and said as much, he's just revising history to suit his persona.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 14, 2015, 18:02 Redmask

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 17:18:
What the FUCK is The Witcher 3 doing BEHIND utter shite like ARK, GTA V and CSGO???

This supports the turd pic of that indie dude where he said the gaming industry is going to shit. He's right. It is going down the shitter real fast when quality games like TW3 rank lower than complete garbage like ARK, GTA V and the rehash of a two decades old MP shooter.

Games move around in the charts depending on sales and release dates, you don't need to get all 14 year old girl about it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2015, 23:41 Redmask

PHJF wrote on Jun 13, 2015, 20:23:
Worst Steam Sale Ever

I bought 5 games, wallet harder.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
7. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jun 13, 2015, 23:37 Redmask

Axis wrote on Jun 13, 2015, 16:19:
The incompetence of the Obama administration is stunning, but not unexpected. But ya, keep focusing on shit that don't matter...

Obamaobamaobamaobamaobamaliberalobamaobamaimalwayswrongobamaobama.

Axis posts summarized for all eternity.

News Comments > Dota 2 Reborn Beta
9. Re: Dota 2 Reborn Beta Jun 13, 2015, 22:58 Redmask

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 13, 2015, 22:20:
And no, DOTA 2 is not shallow. Items, Lanes, Minions and Upgrade path are VITAL in that game. This adds TONS of constant micro management to the game. Which is the kind of thing I really don't like

There is very little micromanagement in Dota unless you play a micro 'heavy' hero like Chen or Meepo. Most of the time you control one unit. You glance at your minimap and look at the screen, make decisions based on the action like pretty much any other game. Items are hotkeys, you memorize them within a few games or make your own. Your upgrade path is not a complex formula, you pick skills that you're comfortable with or ones that will help you win vs what you're facing.

Play whatever you find fun, I don't really care I just found your comment funny.

News Comments > Dota 2 Reborn Beta
5. Re: Dota 2 Reborn Beta Jun 13, 2015, 21:54 Redmask

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 13, 2015, 20:36:
Sorry, but after HotS I can never go back to DOTA 2 ;p The removal of items, and the lanes no longer being sticky as fuck due to gold/xp only counting if you are involved in that kill, makes the game infinitely more smooth and fluid. It rewards strategic movement away from the lanes towards objectives and camps which believe it or not, can even happen in quick games. Maintaing the lanes is not even important anymore, as even a team pushed back to the citadel can turn an ENTIRE GAME AROUND by overwhelming an enemy that overextends their push.

This in turns makes games that are hugely open ended and not decided by 1 guy with tons of skill. If a public hodge pock team ends up in the same push behind a boss minion they just freed, then that is something you will literally never see happen organically in a random game in DOTA 2.. EVER.

I don't know how people describe Dota this way. I don't even care for it that much personally but those sorts of comebacks happen all the time, in fact the game was patched to try and lessen them because players felt the games yoyo'd too much. If a team plays like shit all game then they shouldn't be able to win through a single fudged push in my opinion, that's fucking retarded. HOTS is a game without much complexity, its just nonstop teamfights. If you like team fights without much nuance beyond 'i played my role properly and so did my team' then that's fine, some people like a little more depth which Dota barely even qualifies as.

MOBAs in general are not for me but I find the whole schtick of 'dota is too deep so it sucks!' to be a weird sentiment. It's not a particularly complex game to be blunt and HOTS is downright simplistic. If you have fun with either game then cool, fun is fun. I only play vanilla Minecraft and I won't pretend for a second that its a deep experience. I just don't know how people ever handled RTS games in the past when we're talking like these simplistic moba games are tough stuff.

The big thing I liked about HOTS vs Dota was more maps but they come off rather gimmicky at times.

News Comments > Mega Man Legacy Collection This Summer
11. Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection This Summer Jun 8, 2015, 17:09 Redmask

I am kinda stoked for Mighty No 9, I will just wait for that. Capcom really screwed up the franchise so I don't feel like rewarding them.  

2807 Comments. 141 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo