Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Redmask

Real Name Redmask   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Redmask
Email redmaskk@outlook.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2013, 03:13
Total Comments 2668 (Senior)
User ID 57682

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning
24. Re: Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning Mar 30, 2015, 22:54 Redmask

Dirwulf wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 20:28:
I don't think that they had someone editing the text, and if they did they did a pretty piss poor job. So many spelling mistakes and missing words.

Also, that first companion that you get, whenever I use her shove ability she's goes out of her way to get to my character and shove him to the ground? At least I'm playing a monk so she wounds me and activates my abilities lol.

This game is a bug filled mess right now, though. What happened to all the fan boys from the other POE posts?...

Why are you crying and lashing out at people because a video game has a bug? Are you a 10 year old who has just discovered this amazing news? It's an RPG, they have a shit load of bugs. Shit even Skyrim had spelling errors and bugs out the yingyang, why would you expect a kickstarted video game to have less?

That doesn't say anything about fans of the game, it just means you're trolling or genuinely slow in the head. I'm going with the latter.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
11. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Mar 30, 2015, 07:12 Redmask

Exactly. Most people in Canada don't bother with Netflix because why should they when they're paying more and getting a fraction of the content in the process. Yeah, that'll help stem piracy.

Wrong as usual. You have this habit of assuming because you don't use something that the rest of the world doesn't either, says a lot about your child like thought process. Netflix is hugely popular in Canada, like 6+ million households with a 29% year over year growth rate for the last few years running. Hell Netflix had a million subs in the first year alone when the catalog sucked ass. I know you're a dinosaur who doesn't understand change but this isn't 2010, the Netflix streaming catalog is actually pretty good in Canada now.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
15. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 27, 2015, 17:23 Redmask

Well fuck, you've got me there. Sorry  

13. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 27, 2015, 15:58 Redmask

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 09:15:
Redmask wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 07:16:
Let's just ban all sexuality in our culture, people can walk around as asexual Nintendo amiibos and we'll all live in happyland where everyone is treated equally.
3 out of 10 on this Troll attempt.

It's called hyperbole, I am exasperated at the whole situation. I guess I could say you're trolling because you had nothing at all to say on the subject but I won't because that's childish. Just because you don't like someones post doesn't make it a troll.

Orogogus makes good points though and has turned me around it.

7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 27, 2015, 07:16 Redmask

Let's just ban all sexuality in our culture, people can walk around as asexual Nintendo amiibos and we'll all live in happyland where everyone is treated equally.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
72. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 27, 2015, 07:00 Redmask

I'm shocked at how much content I'm getting for a $20 backer fee. This is the definition of value. Not just the breadth of content but the quality, I've barely scratched the surface of Defiance Bay and this already feels much better than Divinity. Well done Obsidian.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
81. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 25, 2015, 18:55 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 00:02:
saluk wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 15:48:
Got to love the community at blues that in a report that contains such hyperbole as "most exciting and overwhelming experiences I have experienced in my 33 years gaming life" that everyone jumps on "controller felt superior to playing with a mouse".

Don't y'all ever tire of being so predictable?

Well why are you here if hate PC games and PC gamers so much? Plenty of console sites out there. So bye!

That's kind of like asking you why you exist when you all do is incessantly complain. Some things just defy explanation.

Witcher 3 coupon codes with Nvidia cards are going for $25-30 all over the place for anyone looking.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
20. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 25, 2015, 18:52 Redmask

Really stupid criteria for the list.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2015, 18:49 Redmask

nin wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 17:54:
1badmf wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 17:45:
is no one else here as big an xfiles nut as me? there's so much more material that i can think of right now to fill the show, especially post 2012. the reason they're doing it is cuz they both love the show as much as we fans, and the material couldn't have been that light considering it won multiple emmys both for cast and crew.

(Just my opinion) I felt like things started to slide after the first movie, and once Duchovny wanted out, well...

I like it's hayday, but felt like they should have wrapped it up a lot sooner.

Duchovny had already been through all of the interns on set, time to move on...

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints
55. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints Mar 25, 2015, 18:48 Redmask

Flak wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 16:57:
Dacron wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 16:55:
Great customer service in the fact they're friendly and will bullshit about the game, but they're useless.

Personally I couldn't care less if customer service insults my mother as long as they can provide effective results. What's the point in 'nice' customer service reps if they're useless imbeciles that are pasted to a corporate EA-approved script?

It's entirely possible for a customer service rep to be both nice and effective.

In opposite world.

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. Mar 25, 2015, 07:37 Redmask

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 23:47:
"Sony says no to money." Well I guess that means they don't have faith in their product standing up to scrutiny.

Sony says yes to people buying their console to play exclusive games, fixed that for you. Exclusive games sell hardware, it is a proven formula that has worked since the consoles came about.

The idea that they're 'afraid' of PC gamers is off the wall nuts, some of you guys need help. They would love PC gamers. More specifically they would love it if you bought a PS4. If you don't like it then don't buy a PS4 but making these petitions is dumb and its even worse when you get all defensive and say 'o well guess theyre afraid of their product hasdgihg!'.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Mar 24, 2015, 22:53 Redmask

Squirmer wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 21:57:
We'll see. An Amazon listing doesn't just appear out of thin air.

It's possible From negotiated a timed exclusive with Sony. From is not owned by Sony, after all. Sony owns Bloodborne, but it depends on the contract. From would have known their game would be highly anticipated, so they'd have some negotiating power. Bottom line is they sell more copies if they release on more platforms, so a PC version is in From's interest (perhaps not Sony's, but again, depends on the deal they made).

Amazon listings are made in error all the time and Sony owns the IP top to bottom. There will never be a PC version of the game unless Sony somehow gets into PC gaming in a big way which is not going to happen considering they just finished selling off the entire PC unit.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released
19. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released Mar 24, 2015, 19:28 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 17:41:
Wtf? I bought the deluxe edition and I see now that it didn't include any forthcoming DLC. Fucking EA, man.

You purchased something without having any idea of what it was? I try not to defend EA as a matter of course but this seems like a bad idea.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched
24. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 22:58 Redmask

Dirwulf wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 21:54:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 21:46:
I stopped playing a week after release and have not bothered with it since. Please, somebody tell me this has since then been address or fixed... since the only thing that matters to me is the combat. Have they fixed the mess that is the tactical combat option for the PC version? Or do party members still teleport to you after you set them up and tell the ranged fighters to stay clear?

Nothing destroys the fun of a battle with a huge dragon more than arranging your team from the tactical over-head and then when switching to the fighter who is up close and personal you find your entire party has stupidly warped or teleported to your side just to be stomped to the ground by the dragon you just told them to attack at a distance. How the fuck that made it through play testing... I would really like to know? Needless to say that is the very last game that I will buy from Biowares on release day. From DA:I on I will demo their games or I will not purchase them. Tired of the BS and the reviewers not a one mentioning this issue. Not even Anger Fuckin' Joe.

Edit: Ah, isn't that convenient they patch just before releasing a new DLC. So very special.

Hold Position? Maybe try that option? Bad player is bad. lol...

Your post seems much shittier than his. Your party members get teleported to you automatically based on distance from the current party leader regardless of your hold position command. The way hold position is implemented (the tactical cam in general really) is also not terribly optimal and the party AI itself is atrocious. Ranged characters needlessly moving into engagement ranges that don't favor them, melee characters moving monsters around for no reason, poor use of abilities and shit like that. The removal of customization of party AI is to blame here, a previous strength of the franchise turned into a weakness.

Dragon Age Inquisition isn't a horrible game but its combat isn't exactly its best quality.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 23, 2015, 22:53 Redmask

PHJF wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 17:15:
Firmly waiting and seeing on this one as it has every indication of being too Souls-y. I'm sure most people don't have a problem with that, but after three games I'd have liked to see some iterative improvements.

There are several major changes to game mechanics, this would be the one 'Souls' game to check out if one was looking for something different.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2015, 19:11 Redmask

Sepharo wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 17:04:
Cutter wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 11:50:
That's why they always say, the wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust.

Seriously who are you?
First you're okay with e-sports after a decade of bashing them and now you're saying a wise man should be humble?
New girlfriend or something?

He just forgets the random crap he says day to day, I've seen him have wildly differing opinions on the same issue (vaccination, government, ebola etc) in a 24 hour period.

The retirement crisis article is interesting, Canadians have a similar problem. Everyone has their eggs in one basket which is real estate. People aren't saving anymore, they're counting on going through the same unprecedented growth spurt that the boomers had with their homes. A piece of shit bungalow in Toronto sells for a million dollars, the market is ridiculously overvalued to the point of a bust cycle being long overdue. Your average Canadian has paltry RRSP (think 401k), some basic CPP/OAS benefits and is counting on selling their home at a ridiculous price to carry them through retirement. Shit is going to really hit the fan for these people if the cycle closes out when they need to retire. It's even worse for the 20-30 crowd who got a mortgage when the rates were 2.99% instead of the more realistic 5-10% we'll be seeing in the next 5 years. Those people are already debt heavy from poor consumer spending and likely won't even be able to afford the renewal.

People just aren't living within their means anymore, we've made debt too easy.

This comment was edited on Mar 23, 2015, 19:46.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
6. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 23, 2015, 07:35 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 17:30:
"There may indeed be services that will not survive, and there will be job losses," said Blais, adding he was confident "good companies" would find ways to thrive.

Good. That's how small businesses have to survive. Cable TV has simply been a massive corporate welfare scheme. Even this doesn't go far enough and a $25 basic package is still far too expensive. They should start at $5 and be a buck a channel.

Content providers can't make content for those prices right now, its an untenable production model so in turn neither can distribution companies. You're going to have to adjust your expectations beyond an entitled baby. No one owes you entertainment.

News Comments > Newell on Half-Life
68. Re: Newell on Half-Life Mar 18, 2015, 18:26 Redmask

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 17:05:
So, in others words, nothing I care an ounce about. Thought so.

You didn't exactly say what you care about so people are just throwing darts. They work on a lot of shit and they are a small company, not some monster studio like EA. If people want them to work like that then they can accept all of the negative shit that goes with the territory like shareholders, killing internal studios when a project doesn't work, mass layoffs and all of that fun stuff.

There are a lot of companies where I have an attitude like what have you done for me lately but Valve isn't one of them. I get frustrated at the lack of conclusion too but if it means waiting until they make the game they want, that's what I want too. Do you want something made without any passion for the project? I want them interested and creative, not feeling like they have to do it just because.

To the other guy below, I'm pretty sure money printing machine that is Steam bought them those nice cars and houses, not HL2 box sales. You can argue Steam wouldn't be successful without HL2 but I think its really Counter-Strike that deserves that recognition.

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2015, 18:31.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Mar 18, 2015, 13:18 Redmask

Adam Sandler makes fucking trash but panders well, his success is annoying but enviable.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity
49. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 18, 2015, 13:16 Redmask

Quinn wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 09:44:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 06:23:
Flo wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 06:11:
InBlack wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 03:25:
I kind of ignored the development of this, lets hope it turns out better than Divinity. Divinity had some great combat mechanics but the story and characters were bland sauce, couldnt keep my attention for that long.
Sadly, I agree.

Pretty much yeah.. decent combat, but barely ok story and really not ok characters. A complete lack of character growth, characterization and interactions between characters. Even the dialog between characters seemed generic and inconsequential... but at least it was a decent RPG... in a way.

I agree, too. I hope PoEt won't be for hardcore CRPG players only. I sucked at Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale horribly. Ten years ago I couldn't even get past the first encounters. I tried the BG remake and I made it about 3 to 4 hours into the game before the enemies were really gaining the advantage. For some reason there's a line to be drawn for me, and BG/Icewind Dale is too hardcore.

I hope this is more toward Neverwinter Nights / Divinity OS but I doubt it :\

Anyone got something to say on this matter whom have played PoEt or know a lot about it?

As Futurama would say: You're bad and you should feel bad

My experience with the beta is that its difficult but fair, much like the games you mentioned. If you did poorly at old CRPGs then I doubt you will fare any better here. It doesn't sound like these games are for you.

2668 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo