Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Redmask

Real Name Redmask   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Redmask
Email redmaskk@outlook.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2013, 03:13
Total Comments 2412 (Senior)
User ID 57682

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
8. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 21, 2014, 09:22 Redmask

The article points out that the interior had release mechanisms that they 'didnt know about'. These people shouldn't breed.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
6. Re: Making the Internet a utility—what’s the worst that could happen? Dec 20, 2014, 23:57 Redmask

LittleMe wrote on Dec 20, 2014, 14:49:

Maybe, but NN advocates regularly cry apocalypse on this issue. Save the Internet? Really? Hysteria much? This is the political process and what federal regulation means - hysteria and being the squeakiest and most self-entitled wheel.

It must really stick in your craw that the internet itself is a direct result of federal funding.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
13. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 20, 2014, 17:01 Redmask

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 20, 2014, 11:10:
Redmask wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 22:44:
It just makes you look like some hillbilly holding up a misspelled protest sign.

So does you defending the gubment. There. I said it again and Im pretty sure you will find other things to stroke your ego to.

Nowhere in my post did I defend the government at any point, that's your irrational mind inserting details aka making shit up to suit your own purposes. Perhaps you're confused on the details but Sony Pictures is not the government by the way, happy to sort out that quandary you were struggling with. A puzzle for the ages, finally solved.

I don't need your help to stroke my ego by the way but if I need someone to create fiction then I'll let you know since you're clearly the man for that.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Dec 20, 2014, 16:55 Redmask

I liked the review, he seemed pretty balanced about many aspects of the game and gave me a good idea of what to expect in terms of cons.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 19, 2014, 22:44 Redmask

The theaters caved before they did which is effectively the same thing. You can't release a movie no one wants to show. The lawyers scared the shit out of everyone with liability bullshit, as if North Korea is going to attack a fucking movie theater.

Also its spelled government, 'gubment' is jail slang so I don't think you understand how you're supposed to be using that term. It just makes you look like some hillbilly holding up a misspelled protest sign.

News Comments > Notch Buys $70M Beverly Hills Mansion
8. Re: Notch Buys $70M Beverly Hills Mansion Dec 18, 2014, 20:03 Redmask

I hope this guy was smart enough to hire a reputable financial advisor and doesn't have an entourage that is going to bleed him dry because I'm not sure why else you buy a house that is designed for a small army. In less than a year he's already spending 5 percent of his pre-tax windfall on a ludicrous asset that will be difficult to resell and probably has property taxes in the millions every year.

2 billion is hard to fathom blowing through but people have spent larger fortunes and with multiple people clinging to you it goes faster than you would imagine.

Good luck Notch, be smart with it, won't get another opportunity like that.

News Comments > Lords of the Fallen 2 Plans Revealed
8. Re: Lords of the Fallen 2 Plans Revealed Dec 18, 2014, 07:25 Redmask

The game was a buggy mess and it has nothing to do with DRM, the devs just used that as a scapegoat.  

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
148. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 18, 2014, 07:22 Redmask

Timmeh wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 19:33:
It is SICK that we have people like this walking around. The people that made the game and the people that play the game. I am not going to buy the game, but I am also not going to keep my mouth shut while we burn all the jews in the oven either. Or how much fun it would be to murder all the innocent people around us.

You guys are fucked in the head. Sorry but you are.

You are 'fucked in the head'. Raging about an entertainment product when there are things many times worse going on in the world every day. Why should I give a shit what someone does for a release in their spare time in the privacy of their home? Despite what you're spouting it has no bearing on who they are or how they conduct themselves in society. The fact that you can't differentiate between this and reality says more about your own mental problems than anyone else.

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Free & Paid DLC
16. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Free & Paid DLC Dec 18, 2014, 07:16 Redmask

Just go to the vendor in the hissing wastes and the other t3 vendor is in emprise du lion. The tier3 schematics from the DLC are terrible compared to everything except white drops. You don't need to farm random chests to get better ones either.  

News Comments > Dying Light Interactive Trailer
9. Re: Dying Light Interactive Trailer Dec 18, 2014, 07:14 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 19:36:
I'm raging against this for Dylan Thomas.

You rage about everything.

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Free & Paid DLC
14. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Free & Paid DLC Dec 17, 2014, 22:04 Redmask

You've got at least 20 more hours of finding shards and picking plants before the real fun begins. Leader of the inquisition, find more elfroot!  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 16, 2014, 22:49 Redmask

The NDP need an actual platform and backbone first. Last provincial election was hilarious, I went to read the platforms of the Liberals and Conservatives. Meanwhile when I got the NPD site they didn't even have anything up until towards the end and what they did put up was vague and full of their usual pie in the sky 'we want it but we cant fund it' bullshit.  

News Comments > GTA Online Heists Early Next Year; Trailer
1. Re: GTA Online Heists Early Next Year; Trailer Dec 16, 2014, 20:13 Redmask

So they keep telling us. Stop talking about it and just release it already.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 16, 2014, 07:24 Redmask

Fear does things to the mind and 9/11 made many people afraid. People deal with it in different ways and paranoia is an understandable response. I'm just trying to help him deal with it and become rational again.  

14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 15, 2014, 22:52 Redmask

Oh and before I forget. It would be almost impossible to have a controlled demolition of a tower that you're purposely crashing an airplane into. If thermite or some similar was used you would have no way of guaranteeing it wouldn't be set off prematurely by external factors. You also would have little control over where the plane itself crashed, flying at those speeds into the side of a building is not exactly a precision event and we already know the planes were legitimately hijacked thanks to evidence provided by passengers.

The idea that the government somehow knew about the attacks, got inside ahead of the events and knew exactly where to place explosives when the terrorists themselves didn't even have this info until the relative last minute is frankly preposterous. That's without going into the impossibility of keeping a conspiracy this large with so much organization needed yet so many victims. Victims who would have family and other ties to the supposed conspirators, ensuring someone would speak up.

I think I've given this fantasy enough attention, a lot more than it deserves. I suggest you move onto more credible and legitimate problems related to the government, it's not like there is a lack of them to pursue. There is really no need for children's theater with tragedies.

13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 15, 2014, 22:17 Redmask

LittleMe wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 21:46:
Nope. Most of the fuel flash ignited and was gone in seconds. High octane fuel does that. It doesn't sit around and burn casually. That's an easy experiment to do, too. Lower temperature secondary fires remained and were interrupted by very loud 'boom' sounds. Even if the metal was weakened in spots, I don't believe the core of the buildings would have gone down at the exact same moment and shot out heavy debris at extreme speed as they did shattering everything into fine dust similar to a volcanic eruption.

There are clearly fuel fumes for hours after the impact events but let's assume you're right and ignore the available evidence to the contrary. Even if the fuel flash ignited as you claim, the point still stands that the reason the supports collapsed was temperature and stress related, not because of thermite or something silly for which there is zero evidence or credible support. The 'metal' didn't need to melt for the building collapse, in fact buildings collapse all the time from a lot less.

Your second comment is an oft repeated but thoroughly debunked theory about the structure of the collapse and the dust plumes:

Once each tower began to collapse, the weight of all the floors above the collapsed zone bore down with pulverizing force on the highest intact floor. Unable to absorb the massive energy, that floor would fail, transmitting the forces to the floor below, allowing the collapse to progress downward through the building in a chain reaction. Engineers call the process "pancaking," and it does not require an explosion to begin, according to David Biggs, a structural engineer at Ryan-Biggs Associates and a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) team that worked on the FEMA report.

Like all office buildings, the WTC towers contained a huge volume of air. As they pancaked, all that air—along with the concrete and other debris pulverized by the force of the collapse—was ejected with enormous energy. "When you have a significant portion of a floor collapsing, it's going to shoot air and concrete dust out the window," NIST lead investigator Shyam Sunder tells PM. Those clouds of dust may create the impression of a controlled demolition, Sunder adds, "but it is the floor pancaking that leads to that perception."

Demolition expert Romero regrets that his comments to the Albuquerque Journal became fodder for conspiracy theorists. "I was misquoted in saying that I thought it was explosives that brought down the building," he tells PM. "I only said that that's what it looked like."

Romero, who agrees with the scientific conclusion that fire triggered the collapses, demanded a retraction from the Journal. It was printed Sept. 22, 2001. "I felt like my scientific reputation was on the line." But emperors-clothes.com saw something else: "The paymaster of Romero's research institute is the Pentagon. Directly or indirectly, pressure was brought to bear, forcing Romero to retract his original statement." Romero responds: "Conspiracy theorists came out saying that the government got to me. That is the farthest thing from the truth. This has been an albatross around my neck for three years."

Anything else? I'm quite happy to show you in detail on each claim why there was no conspiracy to 9/11, at least none beyond the plans of Osama Bin Laden. As a conspiracy theory it is a very weak one, far too many random factors included, too many people needing to be in on it and most importantly very little control over the process. When the government engages in actual conspiracies they tend to be more targeted and controlled for a reason, they don't work out otherwise. Heck even when the government really tries most of its conspiracies fail and are exposed.

As I said, there are enough real conspiracies we have to worry about like our government bulk collecting metadata in relative secrecy. We don't need to go inventing any which is what you're doing here.

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 2014, 22:23.

10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 15, 2014, 20:19 Redmask

No, I think I would rather try to educate someone rather than have them live with such a misinformed view. If the time is wasted then whatever, its mine to do with as I please.

LittleMe, the steel wouldn't need to burn, it would just need to be hot enough and under enough stress to warp. Jet fuel burns at up to 1500 degrees, more than enough to cause deformation in steel supports. Why? They are carrying the weight of a massive building and are being super heated, even below their melting point of 2750 degrees they will still warp, buckle and in the case of support braces essentially fail which leads to a collapse.

The towers themselves did not collapse perfectly and I have no idea what you mean by that, you need to be more specific.

9/11 was no conspiracy, it was an act of terrorism. There are plenty of real conspiracies, there is no need to go inventing others. There are many resources by people unaffiliated with government debunking the 9/11 conspiracy claims, I suggest reading up on it and you will quickly discover that there is no real evidence or logic to support such a scenario.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
37. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 15, 2014, 19:55 Redmask

You don't understand the complaints about DA:I because you're ridiculously one sided about it but that's a different matter entirely. Point remains, comparing indie RPGs to AAA titles makes no sense. Most Kickstarter RPGs don't get 3 years and 50 million dollars so there are tradeoffs in production values. Steam gives us more choice than ever so pick whatever suits you and play it. Publishers like EA are the ones pulling their games from Steam to get more of a cut, indie games aren't pushing anything off.

It's a big market with plenty of room for all sorts of games.

A more valid comparison would be why the 'open world' in DA:I sucks so much compared to Skyrim. Why are most NPCs useless? No day night cycle, nothing but rudimentary AI routines and all that shit. But since you're one sided and overly defensive about that game, here's one for you, why does the combat and story in Skyrim suck so much compared to DA:O or DA:I? Blahblahyaddayadda. Different games made by different companies with different priorities.

'I dont understand how anyone can enjoy ___________' can be said by anyone about anything ever.

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 2014, 20:02.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 15, 2014, 19:34 Redmask

I see what you did there.  

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 15, 2014, 19:34 Redmask

LittleMe wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 15:14:
Cutter wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 14:35:
Yeah, welcome to 1984. When you look at all this shit that's happened since 9/11 how can you not believe it was inside job? Cui bono? Who benefits? Who benefited the most from 9/11? It sure as shit wasn't a bunch of Muslim sheepherders.

An important skill learned from a life of sheep herding is how to make metal melt from office fires when that's never happened before and also make a building mildly smoking collapse perfectly into its own footprint several hours later.

You don't think jet fuel burning in a concentrated environment can melt metal? The towers did not collapse perfectly, that's kind of ridiculous to imply considering the immense damage.

2412 Comments. 121 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo