Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Redmask

Real Name Redmask   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Redmask
Email redmaskk@outlook.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2013, 03:13
Total Comments 1677 (Pro)
User ID 57682

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 15, 2014, 23:16 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 22:26:
Mark can waste his money however he likes. Yeah, VR is here to stay alright, just like 3D. Lol!

The two have nothing in common. Virtual reality has a lot more applications than 3D and in more industries than just simple entertainment. I don't think the current bulky headset will gain major traction but its pretty short sighted and unimaginative to think that it is staying in that form alone. Mobile technology is driving development of smaller displays and accelerated graphics in that space, its just a matter of time before a company like OR is doing something with free form glasses or way down the road something like implants.

Microsoft and Sony are now moving down this road in addition to Valve being highly interested in the tech. So this isn't some billionaire on a lark or something.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 15, 2014, 21:53 Redmask

Facebook didn't buy it for billions to let it be niche.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs PC Graphics
28. Re: Watch Dogs PC Graphics Apr 12, 2014, 22:14 Redmask

Oh and it just occurred to me, Rockstar doesn't do a lot of playable games at trade shows. In fact Ubisoft isn't exactly known for them but ships a lot of quality titles too. I don't see what about this game is a 'scam'. I'm not ready to buy it until I see some reviews but nothing about it says 'scam'.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
16. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 12, 2014, 21:15 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 10:43:
Yes, it does make a difference. Much like any contractual law. There are cases that go on for years that hinge on the interpretation of a word/sentence/paragraph. In the same way that a court determines criminal intent with threats. Was he joking or was he serious? Look at that kid in Texas who ended up in jail for a bad joke. Yes, the courts have a duty to establish whether someone is being flippant/fatuous/sarcastic or the prisons would be overflowing with people. Ever told someone jokingly you'd kill them? Think you should go to prison for conspiracy to commit murder in that case? Jesus, use some fucking common sense.

The judge ruled that 'sarcasm' as a legal defense didn't apply here, what's the problem? You want people to take your argument seriously with vague legal precedent while ignoring that this was ruled upon already, likely with previous precedent in mind. Use some fucking common sense.

Even if we accepted that specious argument, according to an article he also sent follow up texts indicating he would let her keep the ring so that completely blows away any sarcasm bullshit.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 12, 2014, 21:13 Redmask

jimnms wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 18:35:
I knew this was coming when they stopped allowing remote renewal of dynamic IPs, which my router has a built in client for. I quit using them when they did that. I never could remember my damn DNS name anyway and it was always quicker to log into my router and get my IP when hosting games for friends. I setup a new name from http://freedns.afraid.org/ now, but still have to look it up whenever I host a game, which is not that often, which is why I forget it.

The TomatoUSB-shibby firmwares support remote updating of Afraid, dnsexit and many other alternatives which don't require a web login/activity check.

I also host my own DNS and if anyone knows how to use CURL properly then I'd be happy to give you ddns.

26. Re: Watch Dogs PC Graphics Apr 12, 2014, 21:11 Redmask

Also that the game's direction seems to have done a 180? Remember when they said "no real storyline"?

They've been pretty clear from the beginning that the game has a story, even going as far as giving you a major story sequence in the E3 trailer. If you're wrong about this then you might be wrong about other things regarding this game too, maybe worth a revisit to see if it changes your mind.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
10. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 12, 2014, 08:40 Redmask

GTA Online attracts 70 per cent of connected GTA V players.

Too bad they squandered it by taking forever to do meaningful updates.

News Comments > Bound by Flame Trailer
5. Re: Bound by Flame Trailer Apr 12, 2014, 08:39 Redmask

The hit feedback looked terrible there but I would be willing to try a demo.  

17. Re: Watch Dogs PC Graphics Apr 12, 2014, 08:29 Redmask

1badmf wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 00:51:
haha pretty sure bats was just trolling the star citizen haters.

Well the joke is on me then I guess, well done

11. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 12, 2014, 08:26 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 03:34:
No, you very clearly don't grasp the concept of sarcasm then. He was being fatuous. If you don't grasp that I'd suggest some remedial English comprehension classes.

You go ahead and tell the judge you were being sarcastic, that always helps in court Clown SCOTUS material right there.

9. Re: Watch Dogs PC Graphics Apr 12, 2014, 00:42 Redmask

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 22:39:
Game is a scam - not even playable today at a game/trade show....

Do you mean you think it will suck or something? I'm pretty sure Ubisoft will at least ship the game in May. I am not going to buy it until plenty of people have weighed in because they haven't demonstrated any reason to buy it other than 'we built a pretty chicago'.

6. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 12, 2014, 00:35 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 19:16:
Oh come on, no rationale person would take that for anything but sarcasm. I'd appeal it all the way to the SCOTUS if it were me.

Honoring your word is such a pesky concept after all. Sarcasm is a great legal defense, I'm sure the Supreme Court would be all over that idea haha.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
67. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 12, 2014, 00:33 Redmask

Slinkycatz wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 21:20:
I think it is blatantly obvious by now that even if SC turns out to be a breakout hit and lasts for 20 years, those of you emotionally invested in your decision to call SC a failure will be incapable of admitting it.

Agreed. I don't know how anyone looks at pre-alpha footage that good and claims that this will be a failure, the potential there is huge and it sounds like they have a good plan to execute on it. I have no money in this and haven't really followed development at all until now. Some people are way too invested in a retarded statement they made awhile ago and don't want to eat crow so they'll nitpick everything into oblivion.

News Comments > Morning Patches
23. Re: Morning Patches Apr 10, 2014, 20:23 Redmask

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 20:08:
You're just not comprehending, are you? The mule account is an entirely separate account running on another machine. People have been doing that ever since the online RPG was invented. Some people have a half-dozen accounts running on as many machines at once (google multi-boxing) for themselves for fun! Let alone people trying to make a living off of farming.

You're the one not comprehending. I do not believe your scenario applies to this game anymore. I work with VMs for a living, I don't need you to tell me about multiboxing. It works with MMOs and games with easy transport mechanisms, I do not believe people are bothering with this any longer in significant numbers to warrant nerfing chests. Even if anyone assumed your stretch of an example was true, nerfing chests probably wouldn't even affect that in any significant way considering the sheer volume of rares from regular play.

I had no idea you were so naive, but it really does explain the rest of our exchange, so thanks for enlightening me, I guess...

I'm not naive, you just aren't making much sense. I think in the past that was certainly a big concern with the auction house, not anymore.

Blizzard nerfed chest and unique farming because they didn't feel it fit with their design philosophy, not because chinese farmers were doing it, getting players to contact them on the web, meeting them in game and spewing out 100,000 rares that the player had to tediously vendor one at a time.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2014, 19:51 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 18:07:
You're right, man. Watching paint dry is more entertaining.

It's certainly more entertaining than hockey.

20. Re: Morning Patches Apr 10, 2014, 19:47 Redmask

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 19:32:
Pay the farmer -> he adds you to his friends list -> join his game -> pick up all the shit being dropped on the ground from his mules. Sounds pretty simple to me, and more likely than dropping a few hundred bucks on a pimped out account. BTW I just thought of belts and jewelry doubling your capacity for wealth storage, so increase the scale of what I said accordingly, heh.

That is ridiculous, rares don't vendor well enough and he would need to disconnect and reconnect hundreds of times to make any meaningful dent in a real money stash. People made trillions using the auction house and you're talking about vendoring rares from a mule haha. None of which has anything to do with nerfing chests because the time involved in farming and muling it isn't worth it anymore thanks to easy drops and higher tier gems being available to players.

You can keep telling yourself that's going on in any meaningful way if you want but they nerfed chests because of a perceived design violation, not because botters or gold farmers are doing anything.

Can we transfer gold from a player to another? I may have 105 millions to sell.

He's trying to avoid admitting it but no you cannot. You cannot trade gold anymore. I guess you could connect a thousand times to someones game and let them vendor your rares though

17. Re: Morning Patches Apr 10, 2014, 19:13 Redmask

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 19:10:
If I can think of this shit in 5 minutes as an example here, you can be damn sure people are doing that, and much, much more.

Your examples stretch credulity and don't make any sense in the current game climate. In 1.0 it might have been a problem, now not anymore. Anyone can have an inventory full of rares and a lot of gold by simply playing. Blizzard has removed all of the transport mechanisms from the game and the only thing people will likely be paying for is a fully geared character/account which they can't do anything to stop anyway given that it's the point of playing.

Nerfing chests has nothing to do with stopping gold farmers, its just to stop players from getting items too easily because they feel like it. That's really the crux of it. That's fine, its their game but people can complain if they want and I can sympathize because I don't really care how other people get their loot.

15. Re: Morning Patches Apr 10, 2014, 18:47 Redmask

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 18:32:
I didn't say it affects you... But people can and do still make money off of their game, against their ToS. If they can put a dent in that by eliminating some outlying cases of "too rewarding for the effort" that also don't affect most players very much, then they do.

I don't believe your scenarios other than account sales and nerfing chests won't help with that. This is just a case of them not liking something that goes against some lofty design ideals that players aren't privy to and doing something about it, that's fine and its perfectly ok for people to criticize it.

News Comments > Transistor Next Month
1. Re: Transistor Next Month Apr 10, 2014, 18:45 Redmask

I wasn't quite in love with Bastion as everyone else but I would probably check this for a tenner.  

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Unchained Revealed
2. Re: Orcs Must Die! Unchained Revealed Apr 10, 2014, 18:44 Redmask

What the fuck? Seriously how the.....  

1677 Comments. 84 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo