Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Redmask

Real Name Redmask   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Redmask
Email redmaskk@outlook.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2013, 03:13
Total Comments 2335 (Senior)
User ID 57682

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Nov 23, 2014, 18:18 Redmask

Squirmer wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 16:02:
But the real issue is that there's a need for this blocklist just so people can get on with their lives without being harassed on the internet.

This is crap, no one is being prevented from 'getting on with their life'. This is for people to create a little echo chamber where they're posting publicly but don't have to hear responses or criticism.

They absolutely have a right to be morons and make something like this. Just like people have a right to point at them and laugh.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 23, 2014, 13:22 Redmask

Quboid wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 12:28:
Is This War of Mine open ended or is it the same series of missions/objectives every time you play?

By the sounds of it, Extra Credits are going to be all over it.

There are some common elements but generally you will get 2-3 playthrus out of it before seeing a lot of repetition. The locations are pretty much set but what occurs in each can vary a lot and you have different survivors each time.

Great game, truly depicts how miserable war is from a civilians perspective.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed
8. Re: Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed Nov 23, 2014, 12:23 Redmask

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 10:45:
Redmask wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 10:23:
I can't believe they're still trying to make an FPS module for this game.
Why? It was promised as a pledge feature a long time ago now and they've already demoed the FPS module, which is due for release early next year. Everything I've seen so far looks incredibly promising.

So many disparate gameplay types and elements make it seem like this game will just be average at everything rather than specializing in one thing. I don't even want to contemplate trying to effectively QA a game like this either. But please link some of this promising material if you don't mind, I'd like to see what sets this FPS apart from others.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 23, 2014, 12:21 Redmask

jimnms wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 12:01:
Redmask wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 10:24:
This War of Mine is a great game and people should pick it up like now, not in a Steam sale.

I've been tempted to pick it up since day one. Buy it from the Humble Store because you get a Steam key and DRM free downloads, the soundtrack and a few little extras you don't get anywhere else, and some of the money goes to charity.

It's a really good game that really puts war in a different light. The gameplay is pretty solid and I've never played anything quite like it before, highly recommended. The devs are awesome too, it's a shame its going to get totally overshadowed by the bloated AAA release schedule.

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 23, 2014, 10:24 Redmask

This War of Mine is a great game and people should pick it up like now, not in a Steam sale.  

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed
1. Re: Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed Nov 23, 2014, 10:23 Redmask

I can't believe they're still trying to make an FPS module for this game.  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective
97. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 23, 2014, 09:14 Redmask

Sorry I didn't realize I was dealing with a literal fanboy, nevermind.  

95. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 23, 2014, 00:39 Redmask

PS4 controller is fine for FPS games, at least as fine as consoles get for playing FPS games and 14 million people found a reason to buy one for $400 so far.

This is arguably the best time so far to get a next gen console, lots of third party and first party stuff available, bundles are well priced and black friday is coming up. Last gen ports are getting second citizen treatment now too.

News Comments > On Assassin's Creed Unity Microtransactions
18. Re: On Assassin's Creed Unity Microtransactions Nov 22, 2014, 18:03 Redmask

Beelzebud wrote on Nov 22, 2014, 12:54:
Gamers only have themselves to blame. Too many people actually buy this shit, thinking there is no other way to do things.

No, this is a fallacy. Much of the content is cutting room floor crap that they would otherwise not use. It costs them very little and keeps people employed after projects finish. They would continue selling DLC even if the figures weren't there because most of your major sunk costs have been met by ship time and anything extra is gravy. DLC sales could be 5% of base game and it would still be worthwhile.

There are publishers who are idiots about it but also several companies who do great things with free patches, expansions and DLC. It's not all bad.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 21, 2014, 21:32 Redmask

It's a one day demo sort of like a little trial you would see on Steam. It's shittier because Microsoft tends to do everything shittier unless dragged kicking and screaming. The game is doing poorly because its creative on a platform with demographics that mostly just want bro FPS games and racers. Being exclusive to the Xbox One probably isn't helping either.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered
13. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered Nov 21, 2014, 21:22 Redmask

harlock wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 20:27:
lots of fucking drama queens getting their panties all twisted up around this

have a drink or a cookie or something... jesus

But then what will we leave out for Santa?!

News Comments > Alienware's "PC Gaming Console"
17. Re: Alienware's Nov 21, 2014, 20:46 Redmask

PropheT wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 20:23:
You can't upgrade or replace the most integral parts to any gaming machine in this box.

That's the hardware. It's a PC running Windows, its totally open. It's not a locked down platform. It looks like most other silly miniITX cases. The only question mark I see looking at pictures is the GPU and that's only because I can't get my hands on it for closer examination.

People who buy OEM don't tend to care about flexibility anyway.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 21, 2014, 20:00 Redmask

It's doing very poorly in sales, they're trying to flog some life into it.  

12. Re: Alienware's Nov 21, 2014, 19:54 Redmask

If you want a console just buy a damn console. PCs are supposed to be open platforms that give users flexibility. Why would you want to totally undermine the unique features of the form?

What are you going on about? You can do whatever you want to this machine, you own it and it's running Windows. Hack it to pieces with a dremel, install Linux, no one cares its yours. They are just calling it a console like experience to try to attract that crowd to buy one. The only thing they added to it is some weird boot loader for their optional GUI if you don't want to use Steam Big Picture.

10. Re: Alienware's Nov 21, 2014, 19:17 Redmask

It's intended for people who don't want a desktop and it's fine for that crowd. I would have more fun building my own but I have a few acquaintances I wouldn't trust with LEGO, let alone building a PC. I would normally tell them to get a console but its nice having an alternative with cheap games like Steam in a ready to go form factor.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2014, 19:01 Redmask

Phasenoise wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 18:58:
The EU needs to be broken up, and people living there should be presented with a Select Country screen.

Make them choose a country Civilization style, I want leader bios and voiceovers, bonus units and shit.

7. Re: Alienware's Nov 21, 2014, 18:39 Redmask

Simon Says wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 18:14:
Aka "Dumbed down PC". Stop dumbing down everything, smarten the people instead...

Good luck with that one.

Alienware is overpriced, overhyped trash. Why wouldn't you just build your own HTPC or something to do this for half the price, or twice the performance and the same price?

I don't own one myself but after just a casual perusal of their website, it seems like their pricing really isn't that bad compared to custom builds. I wouldn't want someone else building my machines for me but some people don't care to or have more money than time.

What the hell happened to the Steam Box anyway? Yet another Valve project that never materializes. What do they even make anymore? Money with Steam I guess.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 21, 2014, 07:23 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 20:34:
Dragontail glass ftw!

Nope, GG4 this time.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
121. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 21, 2014, 07:16 Redmask

Quinn wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 04:11:
They started the development of this game as a multiplayer game. Later in the process they changed their minds. Sadly, this is obvious if you look at right about every sidequest out there.

I wish it was less open world for some reason.

This is disingenuous and taken out of context, they started the overall design map as a multiplayer game but it changed long before they ever got to production to a singleplayer game. This is obvious if you have played the game for any length of time instead of just reading about it online.

78. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 20, 2014, 07:17 Redmask

Quinn wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 03:57:
It's not the first time that you reply to someone while it seems you haven't even read the person's entire post. For example, I only know it's a glorified expansion BECAUSE I TRIED IT! I truly hope you can now see what an idiot response "if you know it's a glorified expansion why pirate it?" was.

Ironic considering you didn't even read my post. You don't get to pirate something just because you don't like the product or company in question. I don't care if Ubisoft shipped a giant GIF of a turd, its not your fucking game. You don't get to say it has no value, it has value and that's why you're pirating it. Stop trying to make excuses to justify your fucking childish behavior, no buyers here. At least be a fucking adult enough to own your actions. Are you a man or a child? You pirated it and it's not ok. There is no excuse to make it ok. A man can admit he was selfish enough to take something for himself. A child makes excuses and tries to justify it. I've pirated shit in my life, so has everyone else here, no one cares just shut up about it. People wouldn't even care if you just didn't open your big mouth and blurt it out as if its something to be proud of. You got your <snort> 'free demo', that should be enough.

Again since it didn't sink in the first time:

If the company wants to give you a demo, they will provide one. 'its a glorified expansion!' so why would you fucking pirate it then if its so worthless. Have an iota of fucking willpower and ignore their game if they don't do things like give you a demo, let reviewers talk about the game and take care of their products. It's like an even more pathetic version of a drug addict, constantly bitching about his dealer but always looking for the next hit.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2014, 07:25.

2335 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo