Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Redmask

Real Name Redmask   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Redmask
Email redmaskk@outlook.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2013, 03:13
Total Comments 1685 (Pro)
User ID 57682

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 22, 2014, 23:06 Redmask

Pulled his disappearing act once again when cornered about details.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 22, 2014, 14:36 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 14:11:
Hey jackass! I've listed them all before. I have neither the time nor desire to reiterate them every time. If you're too LAZY to do your own research on why they're so bad then it just shows the kind of person you really are - along with your fellow Apple supporters. People like you and your pals are precisely why this world is so shitty.

If you didn't have time, you wouldn't be responding and reading, if the information is so readily apparent then you should have no problem giving some examples and comparing them to other corporations to prove that they are in fact worse.

I don't like Apple outsourcing assembly labor but its hard to fault them when everyone is doing it.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 21, 2014, 18:47 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 16:46:
Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 16:00:
Beamer wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 12:43:
Can you think of a single successful modular product?
Legos?

Housing. There is tons of modular housing out there.

He said successful though. Modular housing exists but it is a spec of sand compared to the rest of the housing market.

News Comments > Into the Black
13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2014, 15:28 Redmask

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Apr 19, 2014, 14:14:
The illusion of safety is believing that the police have a duty to respond when you pick up the phone and call, believing that they're "moments away" and "will be there to save you in time."

I said nothing about the police, that's your strawman. I believe in defending my home, I just don't think the automatic response to everything about home defense is a gun and I know a gun instills a false sense of security in homeowners that could be taking other measures. I take many precautions to both deter would be thieves and actually secure my house so that I don't need to use my guns unless there is no other option.

It's better to be armed and not need it than to be unarmed and not have it

Actually that's debatable. There have been cases where people have weapons stolen and even used against them. There have also been cases where people have accidentally shot family members or worse, someone not trained to use a gun has injured themselves (children for example). It's not the norm but you didn't seem to mind bringing up edge case scenarios earlier so oh well. I know that in a true emergency the chances of me getting to my gun safe in time and opening it could be very dicey so I take other precautions instead of relying on the idea of a gun to protect my family.

This comment was edited on Apr 19, 2014, 15:34.

11. Re: Into the Black Apr 19, 2014, 13:48 Redmask

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Apr 19, 2014, 12:09:
And yet they do break into occupied homes. I can think of a dozen cases off the top of my head here in my city(pop under 25k at the time) in the last decade where people had their homes broken into while they were at home, in the dead of night, while they were at home, and they had a dog. And the wife and daughter were assaulted.

My response is so what? I can think of a dozen stories where people had a gun and it did them no good in a home invasion. Literally anything and can will happen in the world, it doesn't make it the norm and doesn't mean you stock up on guns at opportunity after hearing about them. If owning a gun makes you feel safer then enjoy the illusion I guess but in many (if not most) situations it would not help you more than some money spent on a secure residence.

8. Re: Into the Black Apr 19, 2014, 00:39 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 23:48:
Except in home invasions they're armed because they're there to harm you. So yeah, have fun with your flashlight, I'll stick with a pistol or a shotgun thanks.

Most home invasions are blitz attacks, you wouldn't be anywhere near your gun in time unless you live with it on your hip. Home invasions are pretty rare though and precautions are more important than reactions. I'll stick to having a secure residence with things like reinforced doors with brass strike plates and a dog. Have fun running to your gun safe and remember those finger print ones have trouble opening sometimes with sweaty fingers.

This comment was edited on Apr 19, 2014, 00:48.

6. Re: Into the Black Apr 18, 2014, 23:19 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 20:28:
And yet, we don't get to shoot criminals without getting in trouble. This country is still so bass ackwards in so many ways.

You don't need a gun to deal with burglars, they don't break into occupied homes. You need a gun to deal with a home invasion but those are often totally random and drug related. Having a dog and a big maglite is a much better bet for your safety in that situation than a gun anyway.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 18, 2014, 11:00 Redmask

Microsoft is still pushing the 'sold to retailers' numbers instead of sold to customers like Sony.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 15, 2014, 23:16 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 22:26:
Mark can waste his money however he likes. Yeah, VR is here to stay alright, just like 3D. Lol!

The two have nothing in common. Virtual reality has a lot more applications than 3D and in more industries than just simple entertainment. I don't think the current bulky headset will gain major traction but its pretty short sighted and unimaginative to think that it is staying in that form alone. Mobile technology is driving development of smaller displays and accelerated graphics in that space, its just a matter of time before a company like OR is doing something with free form glasses or way down the road something like implants.

Microsoft and Sony are now moving down this road in addition to Valve being highly interested in the tech. So this isn't some billionaire on a lark or something.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 15, 2014, 21:53 Redmask

Facebook didn't buy it for billions to let it be niche.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs PC Graphics
28. Re: Watch Dogs PC Graphics Apr 12, 2014, 22:14 Redmask

Oh and it just occurred to me, Rockstar doesn't do a lot of playable games at trade shows. In fact Ubisoft isn't exactly known for them but ships a lot of quality titles too. I don't see what about this game is a 'scam'. I'm not ready to buy it until I see some reviews but nothing about it says 'scam'.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
16. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 12, 2014, 21:15 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 10:43:
Yes, it does make a difference. Much like any contractual law. There are cases that go on for years that hinge on the interpretation of a word/sentence/paragraph. In the same way that a court determines criminal intent with threats. Was he joking or was he serious? Look at that kid in Texas who ended up in jail for a bad joke. Yes, the courts have a duty to establish whether someone is being flippant/fatuous/sarcastic or the prisons would be overflowing with people. Ever told someone jokingly you'd kill them? Think you should go to prison for conspiracy to commit murder in that case? Jesus, use some fucking common sense.

The judge ruled that 'sarcasm' as a legal defense didn't apply here, what's the problem? You want people to take your argument seriously with vague legal precedent while ignoring that this was ruled upon already, likely with previous precedent in mind. Use some fucking common sense.

Even if we accepted that specious argument, according to an article he also sent follow up texts indicating he would let her keep the ring so that completely blows away any sarcasm bullshit.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 12, 2014, 21:13 Redmask

jimnms wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 18:35:
I knew this was coming when they stopped allowing remote renewal of dynamic IPs, which my router has a built in client for. I quit using them when they did that. I never could remember my damn DNS name anyway and it was always quicker to log into my router and get my IP when hosting games for friends. I setup a new name from http://freedns.afraid.org/ now, but still have to look it up whenever I host a game, which is not that often, which is why I forget it.

The TomatoUSB-shibby firmwares support remote updating of Afraid, dnsexit and many other alternatives which don't require a web login/activity check.

I also host my own DNS and if anyone knows how to use CURL properly then I'd be happy to give you ddns.

26. Re: Watch Dogs PC Graphics Apr 12, 2014, 21:11 Redmask

Also that the game's direction seems to have done a 180? Remember when they said "no real storyline"?

They've been pretty clear from the beginning that the game has a story, even going as far as giving you a major story sequence in the E3 trailer. If you're wrong about this then you might be wrong about other things regarding this game too, maybe worth a revisit to see if it changes your mind.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
10. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 12, 2014, 08:40 Redmask

GTA Online attracts 70 per cent of connected GTA V players.

Too bad they squandered it by taking forever to do meaningful updates.

News Comments > Bound by Flame Trailer
5. Re: Bound by Flame Trailer Apr 12, 2014, 08:39 Redmask

The hit feedback looked terrible there but I would be willing to try a demo.  

17. Re: Watch Dogs PC Graphics Apr 12, 2014, 08:29 Redmask

1badmf wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 00:51:
haha pretty sure bats was just trolling the star citizen haters.

Well the joke is on me then I guess, well done

11. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 12, 2014, 08:26 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 03:34:
No, you very clearly don't grasp the concept of sarcasm then. He was being fatuous. If you don't grasp that I'd suggest some remedial English comprehension classes.

You go ahead and tell the judge you were being sarcastic, that always helps in court Clown SCOTUS material right there.

9. Re: Watch Dogs PC Graphics Apr 12, 2014, 00:42 Redmask

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 22:39:
Game is a scam - not even playable today at a game/trade show....

Do you mean you think it will suck or something? I'm pretty sure Ubisoft will at least ship the game in May. I am not going to buy it until plenty of people have weighed in because they haven't demonstrated any reason to buy it other than 'we built a pretty chicago'.

6. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 12, 2014, 00:35 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 19:16:
Oh come on, no rationale person would take that for anything but sarcasm. I'd appeal it all the way to the SCOTUS if it were me.

Honoring your word is such a pesky concept after all. Sarcasm is a great legal defense, I'm sure the Supreme Court would be all over that idea haha.

1685 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo