Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Redmask

Real Name Redmask   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Redmask
Email redmaskk@outlook.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2013, 03:13
Total Comments 2506 (Senior)
User ID 57682

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 26, 2015, 23:15 Redmask

The interface looks heavily consolized, not encouraging.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
22. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 26, 2015, 07:20 Redmask

Ahh the mind of a child at work. 'just start up a new isp' as if that wasn't something that cost billions of dollars and had very aggressive municipal, provincial and federal lobbies of competitors working against you. Even just being a reseller costs millions and you're totally at the mercy of the CRTCs whims.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
17. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jan 25, 2015, 16:28 Redmask

The professional victim is in the process of inventing her next cause, stay tuned folks.  

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong $1M Mini-Campaign Goal
12. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong $1M Mini-Campaign Goal Jan 25, 2015, 10:01 Redmask

Saboth wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 18:04:
I just finished up the original, "Shadowrun Returns" today. I wasn't too impressed. The story wasn't great, combat was kind of tedious, and the game felt more like a point and click murder mystery adventure with a few fights thrown in than something resembling X-Com. Limited money, limited upgrades, items, gear, etc. I've heard the Dragonfall game is superior, so I might pick that up on the next sale.

Berlin was a much better campaign, give it a shot before you write it off.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch
16. Re: Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch Jan 25, 2015, 08:48 Redmask

jdreyer wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 03:15:
You could just skip them, but for Blue they're a money maker since they attract a lot of attention.

Has he actually said that?

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Jan 25, 2015, 08:45 Redmask

It's an awesome game, I don't really care what they call it. First RTS in a long time I've genuinely enjoyed.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
15. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jan 25, 2015, 08:42 Redmask

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 08:14:
jimnms wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 23:25:

Are you new to the internet? Everyone gets rape/death threats when they discuss their point of view on pretty much anything.

Even if this was true, which it emphatically isn't, surely that would be something that needs to be addressed? Why would widespread threats of death make threats of death acceptable to you? This sort of logic failure boggles the mind.

It's been pointed out repeatedly that very few people get the level and specific nature of the threats Sarkeesian and others have been receiving.

She sought out publicity and attention by inventing issues and latching onto hot topics, of course she got negative attention from unstable people. That comes with the territory, ask any celebrity. We have an existing system of laws to cover all of this stuff, she doesn't need special dispensation and there is no 'problem' to solve here.

Oh and shes full of shit, a complete pretender but that's a different topic

News Comments > The Bard's Tale IV Announced
22. Re: The Bard's Tale IV Announced Jan 25, 2015, 01:12 Redmask

fiftykyu wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 21:28:
Hmmm, I loved all those old RPGs, Bard's Tale, Might & Magic, Ultima, Wizardry, plus a bunch of others I can't remember. Taking notes, drawing maps on graph paper, with no internet to read all the spoilers...

Actually, now that I think about it, this sounds like the sort of thing I'd buy for the memories, and then forget to play. My Steam library is full of these nostalgia-fueled purchases, and I don't think I've finished a single one.

Divinity: Original Sin, Might & Magic X, Wasteland 2, etc. They sound great, I excitedly press the "add to cart" button, but somehow when I sit down to play I lose interest. Maybe you just can't go home again...

I still remember trying to make detailed maps for Daggerfall and eventually giving up because the landscape was so ridiculous.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch
12. Re: Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch Jan 25, 2015, 01:10 Redmask

It would be nice if we could filter headlines or customize things like how it is on reddit. It's not a huge deal but the constant bombardment of these headlines is getting old.

CHRIS ROBERTS GETS MORE MONEY.

Ok we fucking get it already. Star Citizen makes a lot of money. How about it makes less headlines? Surely with 70 million they can afford their own PR.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced
25. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced Jan 25, 2015, 01:04 Redmask

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_slime

from the rock.

I still login and play every few weeks, I think this game has given me the most value for the money in the past few years. Definitely picking up the xpac. Hang gliding sounds rad.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced
23. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced Jan 24, 2015, 23:34 Redmask

The tears of trolls and back handed compliments in this thread are pretty ridiculous.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 24, 2015, 09:04 Redmask

Apple has 66,000 employees in the US alone. You should read about the subjects you complain about first, that way you don't look so uninformed. Those manufacturing jobs are all done overseas these days and don't pay anywhere near the wage you're thinking of. The union heydays with employees who haven't finished high school making 60k aren't coming back, might as well complain about the weather. There would be some disastrous consequences if US companies stopped sourcing China for parts and labor, like China going into economic disruption and calling US debts which would also fuck Canada by proxy.

Apple products aren't back stopping our economy anyway, that shit is just a distraction from real issues for latchers on like yourself to rail about.

This comment was edited on Jan 24, 2015, 09:10.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2015, 09:01 Redmask

'Miata'

'Are you gay?'

My brother drives one, hes married and inherited the car but gets that from everyone at work.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
17. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 24, 2015, 08:59 Redmask

nin wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 00:41:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 00:07:
nin wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 21:59:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 19:20:
"All Games Will Have 8-Bit Graphics"

I'm fine with that. If it's fun, it's fun!

My point was that if everything was crowdfunded, that's pretty much all you'd see since that's all most games would be able to afford.

And my point was I don't have that hang up that you do!

Something tells me that you wouldn't appreciate GTA going back to 8 bit graphics

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 24, 2015, 08:58 Redmask

Shineyguy wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 16:58:
HoloStudio is shipping with the units/Windows 10.

You guys should seriously give a listen to Windows Weekly. Mary Jo Foley and Paul Thurott give a lot of info on HoloLens.

It sounds dumb and I have no interest in AR tech. I want to move away from Microsoft products in the future, not towards more.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Grey Goo
8. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Grey Goo Jan 23, 2015, 22:15 Redmask

The devs were giving away keys for this on twitter, I am really enjoying it so far. It's got a lot of old school RTS vibes but they introduced enough new mechanics to keep it very interesting. Definitely worth checking out if you like RTS games, one of the stand outs in recent years.  

News Comments > Grow Home Next Month
2. Re: Grow Home Next Month Jan 22, 2015, 21:14 Redmask

Gone Home was a terrible teenage diary game so I'm glad this has nothing to do with it.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
42. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2015, 07:25 Redmask

Standing desks are more about not getting nerve damage from resting your arms in the same position for 20 years as people tend to do in chairs with arms. They are really uncomfortable and you don't need it. Just stand up every time you get a phone call or something. Every 5 minutes in an hour just go do something else even if its walking over to look out a window. Go walk the dogs at lunch. If you're getting lunch out then go take a walk. The human body is an adaptable machine that needs variance to be kept optimal.

The best activity you can do for your health is actually walking. It's not lol rowing, plain old brisk walking is something most people neglect to do enough of on a regular basis. It's great for your health, costs nothing and you'll never run out of places to see.

I'm sure editing a website like this isn't conducive to being away from the computer but whatever, its your health. The whiners here can wait an hour to get news of the next preorder they want to throw money at. What's more important?

News Comments > etc., etc.
14. Re: etc., etc. Jan 22, 2015, 07:14 Redmask

jdreyer wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 05:07:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 04:27:
The real reason is that Steam refuses to implement an age check, something we've been complaining about for what seems like a decade now.

Either way, from what I hear any of the mentioned games have more or less official uncensor patches flying about. Nekopara certainly had when it released (hosted on MEGA). And once you see what was censored it makes sense that they couldn't sell that on a store without a age check.

Steam has an age check. Any game with violence requires it just to get to the summary page for the game. Not sure what you're talking about? And if you want to purchase the game, you need a credit card of course, which requires you to be 18.

There are retail steam gift cards and you can also use virtual CCs. It also supports debit in some countries.

News Comments > More on Windows 10 and Xbox
3. Re: More on Windows 10 and Xbox Jan 21, 2015, 21:16 Redmask

Why the fuck would I want to stream low res garbage to my PC?

This is dumb pandering to tablet owners, all 10 of them who have Microsoft tablets.

2506 Comments. 126 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo