Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Redmask

Real Name Redmask   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Redmask
Email redmaskk@outlook.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2013, 03:13
Total Comments 1952 (Pro)
User ID 57682

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
31. Re: etc., etc. Aug 20, 2014, 14:53 Redmask

Talk about trying way too hard. 'im cool guys really look! right here im cool too! bangin tons of the hotties haha right?!'

Evolution doesn't hardwire you to be obnoxious about your sexuality, that's a personal choice.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 20, 2014, 08:41 Redmask

There isn't any single reason, its a combination of factors. Trevellian is right though, adoption by a core base who effectively advertise for others was a big part of it. Sony having twitch early on was a very smart move.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
15. Re: etc., etc. Aug 20, 2014, 08:31 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 21:22:
Julio wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 18:39:
Even worse is that she's not even hot.

Yeah, now if it were Jade Raymond this would be newsworthy. I'd be starting a gaming new site tomorrow and going and knocking on her door the day after. Christ, I'd have to be a good dozen beers and several shots in to even give that chick a second glance. Then again, I suppose most of those guys are lucky if they've ever gotten any play in their lives at all.

The fact that the irony in your last statement there is lost on you is really bizarre. Here's a hint, read your opening sentences. Now read the last part again. Now repeat until you understand.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Aug 20, 2014, 08:30 Redmask

InBlack wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 06:30:
Redmask wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 21:38:
There are many companies that either embargo or withhold review copies, it doesn't always mean the game is horrible. Of course in this case its EA so all bets are off.

Can you think of any other reason to withold review copies other then that the game is rather mediocre at best, or just plain broken at worst? And please dont say piracy...

There's a school of thought on the publishing side of the industry that demos and early review copies mean less sales. The logic behind it is something like you'll always be convincing at least one person not to buy it even while another is pleased.

I don't personally believe in it but this isn't a new practice, Ubisoft embargoes everything, Activision does and so forth. Sometimes they also don't bother sending out review copies.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Aug 19, 2014, 21:38 Redmask

There are many companies that either embargo or withhold review copies, it doesn't always mean the game is horrible. Of course in this case its EA so all bets are off.  

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Aug 19, 2014, 20:57 Redmask

I thought the series peaked with FF6, everything since then has been trying to tell stories no one cares about with bad characters and average gameplay.  

News Comments > Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner
27. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 19, 2014, 20:56 Redmask

The funny thing is seeing posters for this everywhere still despite the delay.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
26. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 19, 2014, 20:55 Redmask

'my favorite game doesnt suck oh noes' really adds to the discussion though Beam  

News Comments > Crytek to Repair Reputation with "Really High Quality Games"
9. Re: Crytek to Repair Reputation with Aug 19, 2014, 09:43 Redmask

Is this more Warface and Hunt? It's not that Crytek can't make games, they just stopped making games people want to play.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month
26. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 19, 2014, 09:16 Redmask

The game so good that no one wants to play it?  

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 19, 2014, 09:15 Redmask

Quinn wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 01:15:
It's that you literally added nothing to the discussion with the "mediocre" comment.

It's all been said already here and in reviews, you are just trying way too hard to defend the game and refuse to see it. That is all

News Comments > One Hour of The Evil Within on Video
2. Re: One Hour of The Evil Within on Video Aug 18, 2014, 23:28 Redmask

No you're thinking of The Order 1886.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
22. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 18, 2014, 21:41 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 19:47:
Calm thyself, Trev. We're only going off what we're reading here. It's not like they put it into any sort of context. It's not like we could know he was joking unless we watched it, as you said.

It helps if you actually read the text in the first place too.

News Comments > Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft
43. Re: Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft Aug 18, 2014, 19:57 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 19:34:
Says the moron who has obvious reading comprehension problems. And you wonder why everyone knows you're stupid?

You of all people should not claim that you speak for 'everyone'.

This probably won't enrich Mojang significantly and OR will likely be a fledgling platform at best. No one is selling out, where's the beef?

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 18, 2014, 19:52 Redmask

I've played it. It's not a good game and most of the reviews and others posting about it are bang on. His comment was an obvious attempt to deflect from any criticism.

Haha, first CJ_Parker's metaphorical gamer panties and now yours too!? Your retort makes so, so little sense in the context of my comment that only one person's insecurity shows here, Redmask

You're the one trying way too hard to defend this because you can't handle the fact that you might like a game that others don't like, talk about panties in a twist

News Comments > Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft
25. Re: Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft Aug 18, 2014, 16:22 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 13:47:
When you abandon your principles for money that's called selling out.

There is such a thing as changing ones mind, something you probably don't understand because you seem to confuse stubbornness and wilful ignorance with standing on principle.

Maybe he realized that just because Facebook invested heavily in Oculus Rift doesn't automatically exempt it from being useful technology that might be a good fit for games.

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 18, 2014, 14:14 Redmask

Quinn wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 09:27:
People generally suck at gaming and judging games from an objective point of view.

Maybe you suck at gaming but don't presume to speak for the rest of us. It's a bad game, sorry you're too defensive about a video game but that insecurity is your problem, not mine.

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 18, 2014, 09:12 Redmask

I am not surprised to see PB making yet another mediocre Risen game.  

News Comments > Play Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare for Free
22. Re: Play Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare for Free Aug 17, 2014, 23:27 Redmask

Origin has a free 72 hour deal going on so I figured I would give this a shot.

The game first refused to run in full screen mode, after some digging I saw other users recommending a config file fix, no clue why this was necessary as this PC is freshly imaged without any problems or crapware, drivers up to date and well over spec.

Just starting out with Garden Ops or whatever its called, matchmaking failed 8 out of 10 tries with various problems or hangs. This game makes the terrible oversight of having forced connection windows without a cancel button which makes the whole process even worse. I finally got in game and it was laggy as hell. Before someone goes there I'm sitting on a fiber connection. Ok maybe its the host, try again. Same thing. Try again same thing. The more players the more lag there seems to be too. Clearly a netcode related problem as the game has horrible hitching and warping.

Tired of that bullshit I finally hosted a game myself, so far so good. I pick my character and play, its alright but nothing special. I like the customization system and the game has some charm but its ultimately a pretty average third person shooter with some console netcode that they didn't bother to fix up for the PC.

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 17, 2014, 19:43 Redmask

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 17, 2014, 16:21:
Even if that's so, he's promoting the practice, raising money around it, and using their copyrighted materials to do so.

Bad argument, its a tool to run something, its not the material itself.

1952 Comments. 98 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo