Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 429 (Amateur)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials; New CoD This Year
8. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials; New CoD This Year Feb 12, 2016, 16:15 Tipsy McStagger

FPS used to be my #1 thing, Quakeworld on Gamespy... Unreal Tournament, Action Quake 2, The list goes on and on.

Since Call of Duty became a thing, I've really stopped caring for these types of games. Drowned in a sea of generic FPS.....

I think I'm getting old. Grumpy Old Tipsy...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen's Discount Package for Backers
17. Re: Star Citizen's Discount Package for Backers Feb 12, 2016, 15:26 Tipsy McStagger

Cutter wrote on Feb 12, 2016, 12:47:
Is that desperation I smell?

Last time i payed attention to it, funding was at 90 million, i think that was in september?

It's now 107 million.. I'm sure i could check outside graphs but whatever, I feel like these guys are really good at keeping hype train funding going.

News Comments > EVE Online Adds Skillpoint Trading
3. Re: EVE Online Adds Skillpoint Trading Feb 11, 2016, 18:19 Tipsy McStagger

I actually have no idea why they put this feature in.. i think it's to generate more real money spent on the game to get new pilot "whales" to get a better character faster.

Just for shits and giggles at the retarded rich of eve:

As a guy with a 160 mill SP character, it's not really worth it to buy any of these for 650 million for 150k skill points training if you're a regular pilot.

150,000 skill point / 2700 skill points/hr (max training speed with implants) = 55 hours or 2.3 days of training time.

2700 skill points/hr X 24 hours X 365 days = 23,652,000 skill points a year maximum under normal training time.

23,652,000 / 150,000 = 157.68 skill injectors

158 skill injectors X 650,000,000$$$ ISK = 102,492,000,000$$ ISK

So you'd need 102 billion ISK at current market to train 365 days worth of training time after 80 million skill points.

Which actually isn't that bad because a single titan can cost about 80 billion fitted out.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Feb 11, 2016, 18:03 Tipsy McStagger

I'm looking forward to watching Hardcore Henry in that "Generic FPS: The movie"

looks like they had some great ideas.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 10, 2016, 18:42 Tipsy McStagger

no surprise here... if i was the developer I would have been trying to get this out months ago. Milk that cow!  

News Comments > Descent-Inspired OVERLOAD Kickstarter
2. Re: Descent-Inspired OVERLOAD Kickstarter Feb 10, 2016, 15:22 Tipsy McStagger

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 10, 2016, 14:35:
Ummm... so they figure this is a good idea after the smashing "success" of the Descent Underground KS?

OK. Whatever.

Good luck!

So descent underground was funded. Maybe they're looking for a pay out as well.
Kickstarter page

News Comments > Star Citizen Split Details
30. Re: Star Citizen Split Details Feb 9, 2016, 19:18 Tipsy McStagger

Kxmode wrote on Feb 9, 2016, 11:07:
Actually what they've created is a kind of ship Ponzi scheme. New ships are sold to finish production on older, concept ships.

This pretty much sums up their current funding scheme Shocked2

News Comments > Dark Souls III Intro Cinematic
5. Re: Dark Souls III Intro Cinematic Feb 9, 2016, 14:42 Tipsy McStagger

I like the game play mechanics of these games, the difficulty and the visuals but I absolutely hate Hidetaka Miyazaki's version of story telling.

I'll probably dump another 100 hours into a dark souls game but the entire time being like "So yeah, nice descriptions on all the items, this king was a giant dildo that cursed his people and had a horrible wife for a lust for power" And thats it.. because all the rest of the story will be Theorycraft story telling and a bunch of youtubers will piece together visuals and debate about everything.

I think not forcefully spoon feeding the entire story is a good idea, but they take it so far as to be like watching a movie with random 1 minute scenes out of a three hour movie and expect the player to piece it together except the other hour is missing from the movie which the players have to piece together.

I have 130 hours into bloodborne and 115 hours in dark souls 2 and i couldn't tell you much about those stories. Bloodborne is something about blood of the gods that heal people but turn them into horrible monsters after too much of it.. Going into the nightmare of Micolash created by those people in the square which triggered the never ending night.. just the absolute basics which i actually think bloodborne was the most developed story they've done.

So in closing, play for the combat/difficulty/visuals... try not to focus on the obscure story.

This comment was edited on Feb 9, 2016, 14:53.

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong Extended Edition Plans
5. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong Extended Edition Plans Feb 3, 2016, 16:15 Tipsy McStagger

I really liked dragonfall but i think Hong Kong wasn't that great. The Fortune Machine.....

After playing Witcher 3... I feel like these games really need voice acting, which might be a problem too.

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 2016, 17:15.

News Comments > Path of Exile: Ascendancy Next Month
7. Re: Path of Exile: Ascendancy Next Month Feb 2, 2016, 14:36 Tipsy McStagger

Ash wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 14:20:
thestryker wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 13:35:
But will this update actually fix the worst combat in the history of ARPGs? For a game with as many great features and game mechanics as PoE has I've never been able to get far due to how bad the combat is.

Diablo 3 for as awful as their overall mechanics are has great feel to the combat and moving through the world.

Torchlight 2 was honestly my favorite of recent ARPGs, but friends and I had notorious problems zoning through portals in mp so we eventually gave up on that.

I have been playing Grim Dawn since it hit "content complete" and I have to say overall ideas wise this is by far the best. It has a lot of the same things going for it that Titan Quest had (obviously) but they've taken certain world interactions to a new level. There are a lot of random NPC encounters which you have control over the futures of. Several instances of things along the lines of "clear those fields so we can farm" and said fields stay clear and the farming starts. Combat wise it's just a deeper Titan Quest system and doesn't seem to have overpowered random affixes.

Back on topic to PoE though... it really does make me sad that the combat is so complete shit that for me it makes the game unplayable. I'd rather go play Diablo 2 because it still feels better, and for some reason this is something they never seem to improve. Perhaps that's because a lot of fans just accept it, but each of these expansions seem to have just put in more content without even a nod to how trash the combat is.

Let me guess, you've never played past Normal difficulty, right?

Haha, I was going to say this. I actually don't get what you mean by trash combat..

3. Re: Path of Exile: Ascendancy Next Month Feb 2, 2016, 12:13 Tipsy McStagger

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 12:06:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 11:54:
This is my most played game on steam.

I keep going back every 4-6 months between these mini-expansions and they deliver. This is probably the first game I've ever seen which gives tons of new content for free and often.

Same position here although I ran out of steam trying to get the full set of gear in the current league.

poe.trade and mapping are your friends.. the level 85-90 plateau is what kills most people because of the T8-T9 map drops turns into a grind.

1. Re: Path of Exile: Ascendancy Next Month Feb 2, 2016, 11:54 Tipsy McStagger

This is my most played game on steam.

I keep going back every 4-6 months between these mini-expansions and they deliver. This is probably the first game I've ever seen which gives tons of new content for free and often.

News Comments > Evolve Adds New Hunter
10. Re: Evolve Adds New Hunter Jan 27, 2016, 12:57 Tipsy McStagger

This is how i feel about this game and them trying to release new content.

It's Dead

News Comments > Over 1M Blade & Soul Players
2. Re: Over 1M Blade & Soul Players Jan 25, 2016, 20:30 Tipsy McStagger

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 20:12:
I'm over here wondering what a new MMO could do to totally shake up the industry and captivate people like how we first felt.

I had hopes for EQ Next, but apparently that game is vaporware?

A huge Cyberpunk game, easily accessible like WoW, fun like Wildstar, leveling like GW2, and world events like Rift.

Or not follow the same shitty leveling system that every game does.... They're all clones.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 22, 2016, 15:36 Tipsy McStagger

walrus1 wrote on Jan 22, 2016, 14:09:
The few bright spots-
Bojack Horseman- Actually funny!

This is when I realize you deal with depression and are probably on meds.

Jokes are incredibly lame and forced but I find that it's mostly sadistic sense of humor since the entire show is about depression. Bojack, his best friend, his ex and even his writer are depressed people and about their lives.

As for the rest of your list, you're pretty cynical. Which probably points to why you like bojack horseman. I would say that you screwed up with Daredevil and Orange is the new black. Even though I don't really like superhero shows or women orientated shows, I still found them to be well directed/written and decently captivating. So did most people who watched the,.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 15, 2016, 00:06 Tipsy McStagger

harlock wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 20:17:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 18:40:
I always wanted to see how a self driving car navigates dense fog and a snow storm or horrible snowed in roads. Wonder how this will turn out.

its only going to work in cities and highways, first of all

I'm Canadian, but I've worked a lot around Fort Collins, Colorado and some of North Dakota. I can tell you that the roads get bad.

For example:

Shall i take pictures of my roadway, in the middle of calgary, which is so badly snowed in that my car scrapes trying to pull out of a parking spot? That I had to shovel my car out the other day?

Last I checked, 1.2 million people is a pretty decent sized city.

Like how Self Driving cars would navigate this

That 2010 snowstorm that hit QE2 (Highway 2 between Edmonton and Calgary), I was driving back from Edmonton and got caught in that. Pulled over into the ditch in my truck behind an overpass near Innisfail and I went to sleep. Woke up a few hours later to an RCMP knocking on my window asking if I was alright, turns out just down the road a MASSIVE pile up happened that I got off the road at the right time. 54 car pile up

Basically, I'm interested in the technology and want to see how it does when it isn't on the Arizona and California highways which are nice and solid with lots of traction.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 14, 2016, 18:40 Tipsy McStagger

I always wanted to see how a self driving car navigates dense fog and a snow storm or horrible snowed in roads. Wonder how this will turn out.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M
24. Re: Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M Jan 14, 2016, 15:25 Tipsy McStagger

Total-Khaos wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 14:27:
Also, with a 10-year development plan in the works, I can only imagine it getting better and better with more "things" to do if space trucking doesn't float your boat.

10 year development plan only stays in the works if they can keep cash flow.

If you want to see a company who does this correctly: Grinding Gear Games with Path of Exile.

If you want to see a company who has done this almost wrong: Piranha Games with Mechwarrior online. They lost tons of fan base but recently has joined steam to try and bolster numbers and do more Events to keep it fresh.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
20. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 11, 2016, 19:10 Tipsy McStagger

It's an interesting idea. Up until almost 5 years ago I used to work all over western canada and was almost never home, did this for 4 years.

So I purchased a "Gaming Laptop" for my lonely nights in a hotel room around 2008 for like 3200$. It was this huge 19" Acer thick bastard that probably weights 30 lbs with a cool master laptop station that i would use under it to keep it cold.

Anyways, it sucked. It was 1/2 to 1/3 the performance of my year old home computer back in 2007.

So what did I do? I purchased a Pelican case (look it up, big wheeled sealed carrying case) to carry around my home box PC and monitor with the bare cables i needed. Most Hotels have a great desk so it was easy to set them up. Took like 5 minutes to get it all out and set up. Simple.

Now, if this "idea" of theirs to have this portable core that was comparable to my desktop set up.. I would have probably purchased that and been fine with a slight performance decrease.

Does the output feed back into the laptops display or do you need to output it to another source? that's my question.

But i'm always skeptical so let's see how this works out for them..

News Comments > Square Enix Closing Shinra Technologies
1. Re: Square Enix Closing Shinra Technologies Jan 6, 2016, 12:58 Tipsy McStagger

never heard of it... Oh well!  

429 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo