Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 108 (Novice)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Pricing & Specs
4. Re: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Pricing & Specs Mar 28, 2015, 11:58 Tipsy McStagger

Bloodborne just came out.. why would you go back to dark souls?

Pretty much the consensus is that bloodborne has better combat than dark souls.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2015, 15:01 Tipsy McStagger

Verno wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 12:48:
Most female targeted TV is just chicks being catty and inane, circular drama to be honest. Trying to watch a show on ABC just puts me to sleep. I make some concessions for my GF because that's what you do in a relationship but its boring as hell watching TV with her. I did end up liking that show called The Bachelor, its a bunch of hot ditsy women competing for the attention of one guy who gets to mack on them all and take his pick. What's not to like?

Agreed. Some of those shows i don't mind.. I've learned over the years that if I do exactly what I want to do all the time, I'll be single extremely fast.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2015, 12:14 Tipsy McStagger

Downton Abbey.. can't believe that show lasted 6 seasons.

My girlfriend asked me to watch it with her and after really trying.. I told her after the end of the first season that i'm not watching it anymore.

So she tried to last till season 3.. which concluded in her saying it was a terrible show and is dull as a show can be. I caught her sleeping in the middle of an episode in mid afternoon. Seems like that's all the show was good for.

"Oh Mr. Snippens fell down the stairs and injured his back. Oh woe is upon us, don't let the masters of the house find out!! that would be end of his tenor at the estate!" - Every fucking issue in downton abbey.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
40. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 17:35 Tipsy McStagger

One of the few kick starter successes that delivers.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 25, 2015, 14:41 Tipsy McStagger

That NYPD auxiliary officer story is mental. What I can't believe is he didn't think he would get caught.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2015, 10:39 Tipsy McStagger

No word if they fixed the Search people functions in the party invite and friend list.

My PSN name is Fistn... There was 240 other people with the word FISTN in their name that come up before me even if you type FISTN exactly in the search. It's very fucking annoying for games like Destiny where you have to get parties to complete the content you want.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Mar 24, 2015, 14:09 Tipsy McStagger

People actually go to gamespot for game reviews still?

I wouldn't trust a review from them ever.

News Comments > Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus
20. Re: Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus Mar 23, 2015, 15:26 Tipsy McStagger

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 13:10:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 10:49:
That suggestion for 10,000g for a shard seems way too low.. more like 100,000 at least.

Just a reminder of the current Kadala prices:

Armor/off-hand = 25 shards
Ring = 50 shards
Weapon = 75 shards
Amulet = 100 shards

So you would feel satisfied trading your 20 mil for 200 shards? That's practically nothing, and you'd be lucky to get a single legendary out of that. People dump thousands, tens of thousands of shards into that vendor to get a specific legendary they were looking for...

And i've been playing a week for 20 million gold. One of my friends ran me through a couple rifts to get me to 70 in like an hour. That's where I got 17 million of my 20 million because one kill drops 20,000g from some of these guys in there. If that's the kind of money you're pulling in.. it hardly seems like diablo 1 scarcity that used to pack mule for elixirs..

News Comments > Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus
15. Re: Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus Mar 23, 2015, 10:49 Tipsy McStagger

so far my favorite ARPG to date is Path of exile.

I like it more than I liked diablo 2.

The only problem I have with path of exile is they keep resetting your achievements every 3-4 months with their next season (new content).

So i'll play heavily for 4 months then on reset i'll quit for another 4 months and repeat.

Diablo 3 was a horrible piece of shit on release that lasted a total of 3 weeks play time for me. I've recently purchased it on PS4 and played it steadily and it's actually a much better game than it used to be. Also, gold is almost useless.. I've got 20 million gold and it just keeps climbing.

That suggestion for 10,000g for a shard seems way too low.. more like 100,000 at least.

News Comments > RUNNING WITH RIFLES Next Week
4. Re: RUNNING WITH RIFLES Next Week Mar 23, 2015, 10:42 Tipsy McStagger

after watching some videos.. This is exactly the kind of game I've wanted for Warhammer 40k campaign style game. Just more bloody and dark...  

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie Trailer
23. Re: EVE: Valkyrie Trailer Mar 20, 2015, 15:15 Tipsy McStagger

verybad1 wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 03:12:
Pretty. Very pretty, looked shallow though. I'd watch a few games of it on Youtube, but there doesn't look like a good reason for ME to buy it.

Still, a gorgeous looking Trailer.

Well it's from the makers of Eve which don't exactly make shallow games. I remember it took me almost a year to become familiar with ships/modules/load outs for Eve. Everything in this game will have ties to eve online.. which means i bet those same modules/ships/load outs will transfer over. So pretty much, I think it'll have more depth than the trailers lead on to believe.

That being said, I'll believe it when I see it for if this game turns out alright. CCP has had a history of canceling projects and changing design plans. It's only in the last 3 years that they've started fixing the glaring issues wrong with eve online. (Games been out 12 years)

News Comments > Logistics Company Simulator Released
6. Re: Logistics Company Simulator Released Mar 20, 2015, 15:10 Tipsy McStagger

Flatline wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 11:29:
Cutter wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 09:57:
Aww too bad. I thought this would have been more plaanning and control, not a wharf rat moving shipping containers. I always felt like I'd have made a great lotgistics/efficiency expert as I'm pretty OCD about that sort of thing. Whenever I started a new job somewhere one of the first things I'd do is organize the shit out of everything.

There's an entire genre of board games, mostly wargames, that are logistical focused. Many of them have like excel sheets with lots of automation because their playtime is usually in the hundreds or thousands of hours otherwise.

The joke about the Campaign for North Africa board game is that it lasts longer than the actual campaign did. Which at a 1000 hour play time is kind of insane.

Pretty much any game on grognard.com is like that.

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie Trailer
4. Re: EVE: Valkyrie Trailer Mar 19, 2015, 19:16 Tipsy McStagger

It has potential. Basically flying one of the eve "drones"..

News Comments > New Evolve Hunters Next Week
10. Re: New Evolve Hunters Next Week Mar 19, 2015, 13:45 Tipsy McStagger

Milk the cow till it's dead!! MILK IT!!!!  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon - Vulkan's Wrath Released
6. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon - Vulkan's Wrath Released Mar 19, 2015, 13:44 Tipsy McStagger

I purchase and play all these warhammer 40k games because I have a big hard on for the emperor on mankind (just kidding, it's for khorne). SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Anyways, Armageddon was pretty meh, later on when you get Titans you can pretty much replace all your spots with titans and absolutely destroy the orcs. They needed some balancing done to make it really tactically fun.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End
43. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 17:31 Tipsy McStagger

Darks wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 16:25:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 16:03:

I had one answer about Elder scrolls online end game content, it didn't make much sense but can someone elaborate more?

The best way I can describe the end game is that as you play whichever Race/Faction you have a complete story that you are working. the game is fully voiced-over with some mainstream actors.

After you beat the story line that takes you through around 7 or 8 areas. cant recall right now. you are presented with a quest to talk to Cadwell voiced by John Cleese.

You are told that you can experience one of the other factions if you want to but no one will recall your deeds from the first area you beat. What this does is then starts you off in the next faction starting area. You are now progressing from level 50 which is the max level in the regular game to Veteran levels. 1 through 14

Each of the Veterans levels require 1 Million XP to level. Completing one faction zone in the game will level you to the next Veteran level. They balanced out the game so that right at or before you hit the next zone you will make a veteran level.

Anyway, after you have progressed through each of the factions. you can go to Craglron. its a high level Veteran area. This is where you will be spending a lot of time.

This is where all of the high level Raids are taking place. More are being added. And I do believe they are adding more areas to the game at some later date.

If you really want to learn more about his area I would suggest you check out YouTube and watch some of the raid videos there.

Sorry if this is not what you are looking for. But going though each of those faction areas will keep you busy for a long time. the game itself is very larger.

Hope this helps.

That explained it very well. Did you find the veteran/faction areas boring to play through? as in, it's a tedious grind fest of sit down, regen health/mana and then kill pack of monsters and repeat. I only played the beta of this game off the start for not even a week. I found it very similar to (insert 99% of major MMOs here).

Pretty much, I don't like leveling. I find it a chore to get to what I actually enjoy which is loot progression and raids. Some of the most fun I had in a video game was Naxramas pre-first expansion WoW since it was crazy hard. If you don't think it was, you never played it.

40. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 16:03 Tipsy McStagger

Everyone's talking about horrible F2P models/etc.

The only game i've seen done F2P model perfectly is Path Of Exile.

you don't need to spend a damn dime in that game to really enjoy it but I gave those guys 60$ just because their game is crazy good.

Really it's like 95% cosmetic pay things and 5% more storage space in your bank (you don't need it, just don't save your shit items)

I stopped playing it about 6 months ago but I logged over 500 hours in that game.

Second,

I had one answer about Elder scrolls online end game content, it didn't make much sense but can someone elaborate more?

News Comments > Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity
20. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 17, 2015, 15:40 Tipsy McStagger

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 14:11:
nin wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 13:57:
KS says I spent $225 on this one. But it looks fantastic, and exactly what I was hoping it would be.

And I have a week of vacation in 3 weeks!

$225? SHeeeeeeeiiiiiitttt.(Clay Davis)

That makes me feel somewhat better, I am in for $55(Digital Deluxe+Expansion) and I was a bit annoyed at myself for it.

You need to realize that to some people, 225$ isn't that much. It's all relative to income and spending. Some people got the money.. I get jealous of the people able to kickstart 10,000$ pledges. Now that's money to burn.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Battlefield Hardline
5. Re: Ship Ahoy - Battlefield Hardline Mar 17, 2015, 11:54 Tipsy McStagger

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 11:06:
Dacron wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 10:55:
and that no 1 vehicle can dominate the map.
Are you sure about that?

Ok, that's pretty funny. I miss easter eggs in games.

11. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 11:49 Tipsy McStagger

How long is the end game content?

As in, how many hours do you have to sink in a "raid". Also how hard is it? Have they released any expansions? Do the expansions make your hard earned raiding time completely obsolete because they released way better gear in the next expansion that completely nullifies your raid upgrades?

The only game who did expansion item progression properly was Everquest 1. It never fully nerfed the old raid content.

I've been slowly moving towards games that I can just log off any time without repercussions. Also, I hate games that say fuck you to effort spent. Yet, I enjoy team based tactical games where you have to work together to achieve a hard goal.

This is probably why I only liked Everquest and Ultima Online for MMOs.. since ultima was all character progression and some items and everquest was very hard and fun.

108 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo