Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 59 (Suspect)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
99. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 16:58 Tipsy McStagger

So basically,

This game is just postal & Postal 2.

Sure it's a sick and twisted game.. but it's not like this is anything different than before.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer
34. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer Dec 11, 2014, 17:43 Tipsy McStagger

Ok People,

I need an honest review of this game so far:

I played a lot of X3: Albion Prelude and X:Rebirth (which sucks). I also played a shit ton of Freespace 2 back in the day and I'm currently waiting for the Crowdfunding nightmare of Star Citizen.

So what exactly is this game? It was supposed to be single player but now heard it's online checks every time you do certain things.

Open world sandbox doing what? Anything? biggest complaint I've heard is that the game is lacking content. Does it have cool mechanics like causing guys to bail out and trade empires like X3 games?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2014, 19:27 Tipsy McStagger

SimplyMonk wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 18:28:
Cutter wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 16:08:
Sort of like the government spying on you was just for the hatters too, eh?

Difference is that the government wasn't spying on you. They were spying on everyone in a fashion that was completely believable and straight forward. They weren't implanting microphones into your fillings. Snowden broke the news that the US government was making use of court orders to obtain encryption keys and essentially wiretapping the internet and most tech savvy people probably went "Well... Duh".

Still something they shouldn't of done, but not surprising they were doing it, but you also have to realize that just because they have the data doesn't mean they can do anything meaningful with it without a lot of effort to parse and store that data and they aren't going to waste that on single citizens that aren't part of a terror cell.

I have no idea why Autism is on the rise but something is causing it.

A large part of that is that Austism diagnosis is on the rise. Not discounting a possible environmental component such as plastics, radiation or contamination... but it is the same problem with every kid now being diagnosed with ADHD when years ago they would of just been called a "problem child".

Harvard Medical School came to the conclusion years ago that cancer is simply uncurable in our lifetime - probably more like a century and only then with really advanced science.

Funny thing about that is, if we ever have the technology to "cure" all forms of cancer completely we pretty much have the technology to control cell death on the individual cell level and make ourselves immortal. I'm not sure how much research is going into "curing" cancer, but a lot of research is going into cancer treatments that are having a large degree of success in targeting cancer cells and destroying them far better than ingesting chemo poisons and hoping that the cancer dies off before you do.

I wouldn't be surprised if the mortality rate of cancer dips to that AIDS in the next few decades with a lot of the research that is going on today. Maybe in a century or two we'll be able to control cell death completely maybe through nanomachines or some such current science fiction.

And AIDS I certainly wouldn't put it past a government, or rather certain rich, powerful, right-wing groups to introduce something like that.

That's crazy. We all know the lizard people engineered it to combat the gay agenda since the insatia pheromone that all gay people secrete is toxic to them.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Why haven't they engineered a virus to kill conspiracy theorists yet?

This is the best reply i've ever seen on here. Especially the lizard people, everyone knows that.... Duh.

News Comments > Blackguards 2 Features Video
1. Re: Blackguards 2 Features Video Dec 9, 2014, 19:16 Tipsy McStagger

I really liked blackguards 1, interested in playing this.

News Comments > The Banner Saga 2 Announced
1. Re: The Banner Saga 2 Announced Dec 8, 2014, 20:37 Tipsy McStagger

The banner saga was a really sweet game, glad to hear they are making a continuation.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Dec 7, 2014, 19:41 Tipsy McStagger

8-core cpu and it'll still get hang ups upon switching screens..

my S5 is a pretty big disappointment from my S3.. my S3 was actually a better phone in a lot of ways.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $65M
4. Re: Star Citizen at $65M Nov 30, 2014, 13:57 Tipsy McStagger

nin wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 13:40:
Bard wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 13:37:
pets?

this is starting to get ridiculous.

At this point, there's no way it can live up to everyone's expectations. They've introduced so many diversions, it doesn't even sound like the same game anymore.

But.. They've introduced pets!!! Get excited and donate more!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 4
24. Re: Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 4 Nov 18, 2014, 15:26 Tipsy McStagger

Ok I haven't played a far cry game since Far cry 2 (which I never finished) due to the annoyance of respawning camps of people. The game was really poorly done. Someone give me an idea if Far Cry 3 was even worth playing and is this any better?  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Lords of Xulima
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Lords of Xulima Nov 16, 2014, 22:23 Tipsy McStagger

Well I gave in and purchased it....

For my unemployed brother as well.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Lords of Xulima
2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Lords of Xulima Nov 16, 2014, 20:59 Tipsy McStagger

Axis wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 15:58:
Solid, challenging, buy it.

over 100 hours of game play? God dammit... Sucking my social life out of me.

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
151. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 20:56 Tipsy McStagger

jdreyer wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 15:00:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 14:46:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 14:14:
Welp, they just lost my money. A shame, too. I was really looking forward to this.

Come on, for real? Having it be completely off-line is that big of a deal?

Yup.
1. I am often places where there is no internet connection when I play due to work.

2. I rarely play online games. I'm pretty much an SP player and have no desire to play with strangers.

We all know it's because they don't want to have their game pirated, any other excuse doesn't float because they managed to make Elite work on much less hardware in the 80's. They don't have a rich enough online tapestry to draw people into buying the game for that "whole experience".
It appears that while "protecting" themselves from lost sales due to piracy, they'll also lose sales due to this decision.

People are perfectly okay with Steam DRM but come out screaming with pitchforks when anyone else implements it.
Steam has an offline mode idiot. I can go months without connecting, and have.

Requiring an internet connection is the least of your problems if you can't afford the hardware needed to get the full experience - high end graphics card, joystick and throttle setup, head tracking device (TrackIR or FreeTrack) or a Rift VR headset even.
I have $2000 worth of hardware and a HOTAS, and will be getting OR CV1 upon it's debut. It's not a question of money. It's a question of preference.

For people not understanding. This is what you need to understand, you can't always get an internet connections especially when you're in a hotel in Iran for 2 weeks for work or in Congo for work. It's not simple as "JUST CONNECT AND PLAY SOLO ONLINE". I've worked in places where I was working for 3 months straight with no internet. I can understand a lot of users frustration over this.

News Comments > Blizzard Announces Overwatch
16. Re: Blizzard Announces Overwatch Nov 7, 2014, 15:52 Tipsy McStagger

WoW meets Team Fortress Meets Shadowrun FPS Meets MOBA meets Quake 3 Arena.. They might be stretching far on this one but they'll cancel it if they don't think it'll make them piles of cash.  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $60M
16. Re: Star Citizen at $60M Nov 6, 2014, 20:39 Tipsy McStagger

I did a 100$ backer pack for this a long ass time ago. I still haven't flown or loaded up their alpha stuff or anything in this game. Why? Because I like polished games not "Alphas".

Anyways, I funded this game because of a huge lack of space sims since Freespace 2. At this point, I'm so tired of hearing about this game unless it's "Gone Gold".

News Comments > Blackguards 2 Video
2. Re: Blackguards 2 Video Nov 6, 2014, 11:17 Tipsy McStagger

I really liked Blackguards 1. The biggest problem Blackguards 1 had was it's massive melee end tree in balance but other than that it was still a really fun game.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 28, 2014, 16:17 Tipsy McStagger

Creston wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 14:47:
BobBob wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 14:40:
When I was living overseas, I noticed Europeans were a lot less offended by the human body. Why is our American culture so prudish?

Europeans are far less fat.

Eurotrip Quote:

"You know America was founded by prudes. Prudes who left Europe because they hated all the kinky, steamy European sex that was going on. "

Pretty much sums it up.

News Comments > On Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mantle Support
17. Re: On Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mantle Support Oct 26, 2014, 18:23 Tipsy McStagger

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 18:13:
How many people have 4k resolution on their monitors. Until the price comes down, I don't think it is that big a deal.

Right now, i can't even get 1080 resolution due to shit programming. Also, I'm now 20 hours into Beyond earth and i'm meh about the whole thing.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 6, 2014, 14:53 Tipsy McStagger

Facebook is making some smart business moves. That friend to friend payment could be huge.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M
16. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 24, 2014, 11:23 Tipsy McStagger

This game is a kickstarter success.

It also delivered exactly what people kickstarted for.

It's also worth the 40$ price tag.

News Comments > Tim Schaefer Addresses Spacebase DF-9 Questions
37. Re: Tim Schaefer Addresses Spacebase DF-9 Questions Sep 22, 2014, 18:08 Tipsy McStagger

Frijoles wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 14:42:
nin wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 10:01:
So I guess my question is (granted, answer being subjective): Did they charge $25 and plan to make a $25 game, and have scaled back what it does to a $8 game? That's the impression I'm getting here, but I also admit I've not played it, nor reviewed the features.

The game as it is right now isn't really a bad game, it's just not done. I've probably played it a good 6 hours over the last several months. The main issue I have with them doing this is that there are still some huge issues with the game. I wouldn't call them bugs, though. For example, your equipment breaks down really fast compared to how fast the techs can repair them. This means you have to have a huge number of your workers dedicated to fixing stuff, and it's probably still not enough. NPCs will sit and chat/play games while they starve to death. There seems to be no prioritization in the NPC logic. Air scrubbers about to blow? Better go to sleep.

That just makes the game frustrating. But then there's the constant alerts and reminders popping up. Ships continually asking to come aboard (about once every 1.5 minutes). Defenses don't work for shit (unless it's an enemy turret, then you're fucked). Even security duty officers can't kill anything. A single enemy can wipe out an entire base of geared security officers.

There's no goal in the game, either. I'd be fine if the goal was to build a big-ass starbase. A lot of fun in DF comes from building a massive base. I'd do the same in DF-9. But with the problems above, that's just not an option. I really hope the 1.0 version tweaks some of it to at least make it less aggravating. If it doesn't, then what? I will have to rely on some stranger fixing my game? How does that work, Steam Workshop? A random website with an exe I should run?

DF lost me as a customer due to how they handled this.

Basically, I played this game like all other dwarf fortress rip offs because i really liked dwarf fortress but hated it's UI and military training.

This game is broken, as said above. I haven't played it in a good 6+ months so some things have changed but the reality is that they really didn't fix the core ailments of the game that make it frustrating. It should be "hard" but not retarded. It was retarded.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2014, 12:01 Tipsy McStagger

Anyone else getting sick and tired of bill murray? (probably because of the chive shit).

In my opinion, he only had 3 good movies.

Groundhog Day and the two ghost busters.

59 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo