Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 79 (Suspect)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2015, 11:35 Tipsy McStagger

Verno wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 11:00:
Not sure how I feel about a Blade Runner sequel, I will have to rewatch it as its been awhile.

What's sad is about 8 years ago when they went on this whole "let's remake everything" movie phase, I said "they're going to remake blade runner or make a sequel to it and it's going to suck".

we'll see...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Feb 27, 2015, 11:21 Tipsy McStagger

NKD wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 10:08:
well-to-do white people

You would listen if it was a well-to-do black/brown/yellow/red person?

What's with the color card getting thrown out here. No matter what color she is, she's a stupid fucking cunt and that will remain my opinion of her cunty face.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
37. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 26, 2015, 16:34 Tipsy McStagger

jdreyer wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 16:10:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 15:41:
I'm a PC gamer who is spending hundreds of hours playing destiny with my friends on my PS4. But... I also use an XIM4 adapter to play destiny with a mouse and keyboard because shooters absolutely SUCK on a game pad.

That being said.. I find todays consoles and todays PC games to be extremely shit for multiplayer and friend finding compared to 1996 Gamespy Arcade for Quake 1 and 2.

It's actually really sad.

Is Steam no good for friend finding?

Also, if you want to game like it's the 1990s: Toxikk

It's different now, you have "friends" on steam that you can message but there's no dedicated servers anymore where you can just join the server and it shows a little emblem on the side saying "your friends are in this server". I used to play on this counter-strike server way back called "The Short Yellow Bus" and I wasn't friends with the regulars but we all talked shit to each other and had a blast. Now it's like "Random match making with random dickheads on shit ping server because dickhead is hosting"

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 16:33:
If I ever go back... you put your stamp of approval on the Xim4? It would be the only way I'd go back... Do you pwn?

I'm decent at shooters, I was never tournament level. But i constantly get a 1.4 to 2.0 K/D ratio in destiny death matches because mouse is master. I've only used the XIM4 for destiny and it works amazing. From what i've read, it works just as good for CoD/Battlefield etc. I don't see that being different. The problem with the xim4 is that you have to bluetooth sync it to your phone to change "load profiles" for what game your playing. some people might not like it. I would recommend going to xim4 website and watching their videos and see if it's for you. I can tell you right now, I wouldn't have purchased a PS4 to play destiny if it didn't work. I hate playing shooters on gamepads.. feels like my hands are broken

32. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 26, 2015, 15:41 Tipsy McStagger

I'm a PC gamer who is spending hundreds of hours playing destiny with my friends on my PS4. But... I also use an XIM4 adapter to play destiny with a mouse and keyboard because shooters absolutely SUCK on a game pad.

That being said.. I find todays consoles and todays PC games to be extremely shit for multiplayer and friend finding compared to 1996 Gamespy Arcade for Quake 1 and 2.

It's actually really sad.

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 19, 2015, 11:15 Tipsy McStagger

Verno wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 11:06:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 11:03:
True gamers own all systems and play the games they want to on them. Like for instance, I'm playing destiny with my xim4 adapter on my PS4.

I don't know what a "true gamer" is but this gamer barely has enough time for one platform, let alone 5

I haven't seen anything that made me want to own an Xbox, Vita or etc which doesn't help.

Well, my xbox one just sits collecting dust, I've played a total of 10 minutes of Ryse on it before never touching it again. I made the mistake thinking that xbone would actually have exclusive titles for it within the first year that I actually wanted to play. (impulse buy, didn't look into it before hand.)

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 19, 2015, 11:03 Tipsy McStagger

Verno wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 10:14:
Ouch 65 Metacritic. Yeah I'm kinda getting "done" with consoles. Too many great games on the PC and the odd time I need a console fix I turn on the 3DS since I can always stop on a dime with it when family shit comes up. It's really annoying that Sony still hasn't implemented the supposed launch feature of instant on resume for games from standby.

True gamers own all systems and play the games they want to on them. Like for instance, I'm playing destiny with my xim4 adapter on my PS4.

Also, just watch "The Order" on youtube. It's a mostly cinematic game anyways so sitting down for 5 hours and watching "Let's play - The Order" would be better than actually playing it.

News Comments > Matthew Higby Leaves Daybreak/PlanetSide 2
3. Re: Matthew Higby Leaves Daybreak/PlanetSide 2 Feb 13, 2015, 20:01 Tipsy McStagger

Saw this one coming.

PRAISE MALORN!

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Multiplayer Revealed
18. Re: Mass Effect 4 Multiplayer Revealed Feb 13, 2015, 12:45 Tipsy McStagger

Siygess wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 12:13:
I had a similar experience with the ME3 multiplayer; For me it was surprisingly enjoyable and it extended the longevity of the game since.. well, after that ending I had zero interest in replaying the single player portion of ME3 unlike the previous two titles.

I clocked hundreds of hours into ME3 multiplayer.. It was extremely well done and lots of fun. It surprised the hell out of me too, I actually just loaded it up to try and get the ending but ended up playing it for months.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Patch
31. Re: Elite: Dangerous Patch Feb 11, 2015, 15:19 Tipsy McStagger

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 14:07:
Hopefully he will finish it and doesn't pull a Molyneux

This is a great quote.

Who even buys molyneux games anymore? If i see his name having anything to do with a game, nope nope nope.

News Comments > Activision Financials; Treyarch Making This Year's CoD
8. Re: Activision Financials; Treyarch Making This Year's CoD Feb 6, 2015, 17:12 Tipsy McStagger

Yearly release good for the bank account.

I guess people are buying it.. I haven't played a CoD game since MW2.

Lost its appeal to me and I grew up playing gamespy quake deathmatch and team fortress and Action quake 2. You would think I would be more interested in these call of duty games but I can't really explain why I haven't played those ones but I'm currently playing destiny. Getting old I guess.. or maybe just don't to hear fat fucks breathe into mics.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2015, 15:05 Tipsy McStagger

Verno wrote on Feb 3, 2015, 14:49:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 3, 2015, 13:33:
Savage Chickens Comic Strip.

They made that movie last year. It's called "Edge of Tomorrow." And it was pretty freakin' awesome.

I enjoyed it but I can't help thinking that it would've been better off as an R movie.

You mean like almost every action movie?

The hollywood and video game drive to get things to "PG-13" is ruining good content.

News Comments > Sony Online Entertainment Sold
25. Re: Sony Online Entertainment Sold Feb 2, 2015, 17:56 Tipsy McStagger

Redmask wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 13:36:
Gotta start milking that console MMO teat.

Damned shame, loved me some Planetside.

Well, planetside 2 was developing PS4 port for it already.. It's in beta testing.

News Comments > Star Citizen Persistent Universe Presentation; Funding Hits $71M
13. Re: Star Citizen Persistent Universe Presentation; Funding Hits $71M Jan 28, 2015, 15:08 Tipsy McStagger

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 13:21:
Zarkov wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 13:18:
InBlack wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 12:21:
Is StarCitizen now the most profitable game never made?
GTA 5 made one billion in 3 days (and currently holds seven different Guinness world records).
I think you miss read his comment.

YOU FOOL!!! You exposed the stupid detector before it had a chance to flush them all out!

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Sets FPS Record
9. Re: PlanetSide 2 Sets FPS Record Jan 26, 2015, 15:46 Tipsy McStagger

NewMaxx wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 14:51:
Parias wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 13:58:
Can you explain in more detail? I haven't played the game all that much and was thinking of getting back into it, so I'm curious what exactly you mean.

It's a great game but it takes a lot of dedication. You really need to put in over 100 hours before you get good enough to know the ins and outs and nuances. It's definitely a lot easier to play in a clan as they will bring you under their wing and get you directly into the action. Solo players (like myself) have to know the game very well to know where to be and when.

At first, the games mechanics are very obscure for the people starting and bases are usually all slightly different so it's hard to know exactly which way to go. If you play alone you have to get familiar with how the map system works and how to redeploy.
Look for heat maps and learn how to use them.

I love the game, i think it's awesome. I've clocked probably 1000 hours into it.
I also play with [GOKU] on US East server so thats a bunch of fun.

So pretty much my crash course on Planetside 2:

-Vehicles Tanks usually don't cap bases.
-Sniper never cap bases or responsible for a good defense. Pretty much infil-shitters are only good for recon dongles and SMGs.
-Use REDEPLOY all the time, never foot zerg into another base.
If no redeploy to next base, PULL A SUNDERER AND MAKE ONE.
-Sunderers and Galaxies are always needed.
-Medic and Engineer are great ways to get lots of XP early for certs.
-Look up which guns give you a more speed while AIM DOWN SIGHTS.
-Always double up on MAX guns, so two anti-infantry guns, two anti-tank, Two anti-air. Never mix them since you're killing your effectiveness.

News Comments > Gearbox Recruiting for "Next Borderlands"
6. Re: Gearbox Recruiting for Jan 26, 2015, 11:54 Tipsy McStagger

Personally,

I hope they do Borderlands 3 as a Destiny like game. I feel like Destiny is a huge piece of shit in a lot of ways but I can't stop playing it because the shooting is fun.

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Live
25. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Live Jan 14, 2015, 14:57 Tipsy McStagger

Blue wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 14:48:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 14:45:
I loved the last one, but didn't they make enough money to actually do this on their own? I mean.. why are they kick starting again?

The fact that they already hit their funding goal probably serves as an answer.

I view it more as a guy begging for change on a street corner with an expensive suit and watch on.

From a business stand point they're making an excellent choice.

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Live
4. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Live Jan 13, 2015, 14:45 Tipsy McStagger

I loved the last one, but didn't they make enough money to actually do this on their own? I mean.. why are they kick starting again?  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2015, 14:59 Tipsy McStagger

So Depressed people should rave...

So therefore.. Dance to feel better!

News Comments > $500 Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition Announced
26. Re: $500 Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition Announced Jan 6, 2015, 15:08 Tipsy McStagger

I haven't looked at sound in years for computers. Just been buying high end mobos with good reviews using onboard sound.

Right now, I play my games on my computer hooked to my 70" TV and it feeds through my Yamaha Receiver. Sound from my computer goes out on my HDMI cable output..

I've noticed that the sound isn't as good as it could be but my options would be to get a sound card and feed different inputs into the receiver and manually switch audio channels. Just becomes less convenient from a switching between TV/Xbox/PS4 and computer perspective.

News Comments > Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: "No Finish Line"
2. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 2, 2015, 17:26 Tipsy McStagger

You heard it folks,

Star Citizen, way of life 2015.

79 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo