Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 290 (Amateur)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2015, 17:01 Tipsy McStagger

ItBurn wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 16:07:
I feel like when you analyze Prometheus, you forget, every other movie ever. Stupid sh*t is in every movie ever, and scientists can complain about every possible movie, even Interstellar, which was fact checked by a renowned physicist(at some point he was like, f*ck it, this part is going to have to magically work, because we still need to make a fun movie)... Just like a game, a movie isn't the real world and a movie isn't only about the character's decisions...

Every movie has something stupid in it, yes. But you can look past a few things and still enjoy it. When the entire movie is filled with huge holes.. it turns really bad.

I watched Prometheus the sneak peak day before release at midnight.. I left feeling like I watched the dumbest movie of his directing career and that he's only trying to make pretty pictures now.
Reminds me of video game developers and dumb players "We concentrated on the graphics and the games a huge piece of shit and not fun to play"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2015, 15:31 Tipsy McStagger

ItBurn wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 11:25:
nimski wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 11:16:
Loved Prometheus? Can you go into a little more detail about which parts?

The geologist with mapping drones that get's lost inside of 10 minutes or maybe the zoologist trying to tickle the alien goo snake in the cobra strike pose?

I guess we're living in the Michael Bay era. Flash enough lights fast enough in front of people and you've got a box office hit on your hands!

The biggest flaw is that characters make stupid decisions. The other flaw is that the mutations and stuff are too convoluted. Flaws end there. Everything else is awesome. The camera work, the effects, the world, the atmosphere, the creatures, the action, the lore of the world, the sound design... I was totally immersed in them exploring this planet and I didn't want to leave.

And don't insult me with the michael bay stuff. I hate every Transformer movie and I even find all marvel movies to be meh, Empty, fake, action fests. If you want to do action, give me Dredd, give me Mad Max.

Movie enjoyment is about context.
If you go into "Dude where's my car" expecting a serious plot and character development... well you're going to say it sucks.

Now, Prometheus was a huge piece of shit because it took itself Seriously and failed to deliver anything remotely intelligent.

Everyone who says they "Like/Love" prometheus pretty much just likes flashing pretty pictures and a few of the ideas but it's a total shit movie because a movie needs a solid plot and logic to it for it to be good if its a serious movie. Prometheus would be a pretty terrible comedy but rated better than it currently it is if it was tried to pass off as a comedy of errors.. But it's not.

-I remember reading this interview with an astronaut that watched the movie and he said that they would never remove their helmets even if it was breathable atmosphere.
-The dead guy who was registered dead just showed up outside the ship.. OPEN THE BIGGEST DOOR TO INVESTIGATE.
-Geologist being stupid
-Biologist trying to pet a new life form
-Pretty much everything.

News Comments > Satellite Reign Released
11. Re: Satellite Reign Released Aug 28, 2015, 11:58 Tipsy McStagger

Axis wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 11:13:
Syndicate being one of my favorite games of all time, I'm going to have to hold out till the honeymoon praise is gone - there's a lot of stuff I'm seeing that doesn't look appealing in general or "spiritual successor" about it.

It's usually best to play games about 2-3 months after release anyways.. That way you get major fixes and imbalances worked out.

News Comments > Satellite Reign Released
8. Re: Satellite Reign Released Aug 28, 2015, 11:12 Tipsy McStagger

This is on my list of games to play after Pillars Of Eternity  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Sells 6M
20. Re: The Witcher 3 Sells 6M Aug 27, 2015, 12:51 Tipsy McStagger

now go buy witcher 1 and 2 if you haven't already..

All those games were good.. Witcher 1 had some issues but still a fantastic story of a game.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity: The White March: Part I Released
23. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March: Part I Released Aug 25, 2015, 15:48 Tipsy McStagger

So I started this last night,

Made a dwarf fighter (probably a boring choice).

Anyways, So this is what I learned:
-Your attribute designation is permanent throughout the game. There's no real WRONG choices but you should choose wisely.
-HARD difficulty affects how many rests you get.
-You probably can't beat that bear at the start that the guy talks to you about.

What I'd like to know is how big of a difference deflection/reflex and willpower really does..

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
46. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 13:14 Tipsy McStagger

Popcorn

This is getting really good.

News Comments > Destiny Still Destined for PCs?
10. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Aug 21, 2015, 18:22 Tipsy McStagger

I was playing hundreds of hours of destiny for a while there because the shooting mechanics was really fun and the raids were pretty good.

Now it's become a horrible, purposeful, grind fest for that illusion of in depth content when in reality it's actually extremely basic.

Pretty much, I feel like I won't be playing destiny again because they pretty much went the typical MMO Grind fest way.

News Comments > Some Star Citizen Refunds
41. Re: Some Star Citizen Refunds Aug 21, 2015, 15:37 Tipsy McStagger

Darks wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 12:35:
Lets see if they try offering loyalty rewards for people staying around. I'm in to them for 60 bucks, haven't felt the need to get a refund just yet. I was one of the original backers. So I do have more of a chance to get one if needed.

I'm never asking for a refund because I don't really care about the money. I'm just waiting to see how horrible this turns out

Popcorn

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Aug 20, 2015, 23:37 Tipsy McStagger

It's like reading "Stephen King's The Stand" where he spends like 20 pages describing the most boring fucking things. That was actually the last stephen king book I ever read... it put me off reading for a long time because it was a CHORE.  

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong Released
11. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong Released Aug 20, 2015, 19:13 Tipsy McStagger

Creston wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 17:19:
Sweet. It's next on my list after the Witcher.

I stayed up till 2 am last night when I had to get up at 7 am finishing the witcher 3. I thought I had like 2 hours left maximum at like 8pm.. turns out I was wrong but I was determined to finish it.

142 hours is what it took me and at the end I had the quests for Decompressing two statues left that were bugged (didn't do them at the right time) and Gwent: Collect them all. Finished all the other side quests that I found riding around the country side..

Gotta say, Witcher 3 is a pretty solid game but I found one thing lacking.. In any good book or movie, they develop the antagonist well. In Witcher 3, they did a pretty piss poor job of developing the main antagonists Caranthir, Eredin and ok job developing Imlerith. Instead, they focused more on the protagonists like Triss, Yennefer, Zoltan, Dandelion and more on sub antanogists like Emyhr and Radovid..

As for Shadowrun: Hong Kong. Playing this tonight and really looking forward to it.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Aug 20, 2015, 13:54 Tipsy McStagger

"look at me, look at me, I can make a world that it takes 10 days to drive across... Oooooo La deee daaaa.. I'm good at making things just because I can... not because people actually want it."

That's all I see.. reminds me of the fucking Mako planet stuff on Mass Effect 1... The worst part about Mass Effect 1.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Planetary Annihilation: TITANS
14. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Planetary Annihilation: TITANS Aug 19, 2015, 18:41 Tipsy McStagger

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 15:48:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 15:42:
This is kind of side question:

Did they ever talk about making a ground control 3? at first i thought planetary annihilation was ground control 2 but looking at it I realized that I wasn't thinking of the right game.

Ground Control was developed by different people.
They are owned by Ubisoft and recently developed Far Cry 3
Wiki

I know it was by different people, I actually got confused initially thinking Planetary Annihilation was "Ground Control" series. Which it wasn't.. I was merely asking if anyone has heard anything about Ground Control 3 because I haven't seen anything since that was actually the last RTS game I enjoyed (other than starcraft)

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Planetary Annihilation: TITANS
11. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Planetary Annihilation: TITANS Aug 19, 2015, 15:42 Tipsy McStagger

This is kind of side question:

Did they ever talk about making a ground control 3? at first i thought planetary annihilation was ground control 2 but looking at it I realized that I wasn't thinking of the right game.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 18, 2015, 18:20 Tipsy McStagger

Flamethrower $$$$$$$$

This kind of stuff just makes me think they'll run out of cash.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Development Moves In-House
22. Re: Star Citizen FPS Development Moves In-House Aug 18, 2015, 16:23 Tipsy McStagger

Flood here comes the defenders and the attackers...

Popcorn

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Adds Mod Tools
22. Re: The Witcher 3 Adds Mod Tools Aug 14, 2015, 13:42 Tipsy McStagger

Novigrad blew me away.

Couldn't believe they actually pulled off a realistic looking city with hundreds of people in the street (maximum npc population on my rig.)

Seriously, there's no excuse for future games not to have that level of detail.

Also, since I love Viking related content, Skellige was by far the best area of the game but didn't have as great of side quests as were required.

I did like *SPOILER HIDDEN TEXT* the bare knuckle fighting a troll and a bear. That was pure bad to the bone.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2015, 17:02 Tipsy McStagger

San-Fran-Cisco. COCK. SUHKA. -Wu  

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: Very long time before we hear about next ES Aug 10, 2015, 16:41 Tipsy McStagger

Creston wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 10:42:

Cry

*Remembers he's only ~ 30% done with Witcher 3*

Ugh, I know the feeling. I stayed up till 3 am thinking i was going to finish the game last night by going past the "SAVE GAME NOW" warning that pops up..

Well I finished that area just to find I still have tons more to do! DAMMIT.

290 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo