Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 263 (Amateur)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2015, 19:45 Tipsy McStagger

mag wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 12:00:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 11:05:
Verno wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 10:51:
The EMDrive stuff is very interesting, it freaks me out to hear some of the smartest minds in the field admit it can work but that they can't explain how.

The thing that blows me fucking away about this drive, which I've been reading about for about a decade, is that no one wants to front the fucking money to actually test it in space. Point it at the moon and turn it on and if it works, then argue about how it can't possibly work. It took NASA over 15 years just to test it in their lab. It took the chinese to actually try it out first and then NASA to say "Ok maybe it works". I realize that it costs a metric fuck ton of money to send weight into space.. but I also know that we spend so little on space exploration technology.

There isn't even a scientific paper reporting test methodology and results, as far as I've been able to tell. All of the articles on it are from pseudoscience/crank blogs that just reference each other in a big circle jerk. They need to show something before anyone's going to dump a bunch of money into something that violates one of the fundamental laws of physics.

The last time they actually released any data on any of their tests: the thrust was in the wrong direction. It continued even when the power was turned off.

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20140006052.pdf

It's not exactly a fully published one but they are testing it with thrust output.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 30, 2015, 19:38 Tipsy McStagger

jdreyer wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 18:45:
5 Reasons I Lost $9,000 On An iPhone Game.

Here's the TL;DR version.
1. I'm an idiot.
2. I'm an idiot.
3. I'm an idiot.
4. I'm an idiot.
5. I'm a stupid idiot.

Quoted for emphasis.

News Comments > Rocket League Sells 5M; DLC Next Month; Patch Plans
2. Re: Rocket League Sells 5M; DLC Next Month; Patch Plans Jul 30, 2015, 12:57 Tipsy McStagger

My nerdy friends say that this game is extremely fun.. I've watched video and gotta say it looks simplistic yet hard to get really good. Has the makings of a good, well thought out game and it shows.

I don't think I'll play it, not my style of game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2015, 11:05 Tipsy McStagger

Verno wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 10:51:
The EMDrive stuff is very interesting, it freaks me out to hear some of the smartest minds in the field admit it can work but that they can't explain how.

The thing that blows me fucking away about this drive, which I've been reading about for about a decade, is that no one wants to front the fucking money to actually test it in space. Point it at the moon and turn it on and if it works, then argue about how it can't possibly work. It took NASA over 15 years just to test it in their lab. It took the chinese to actually try it out first and then NASA to say "Ok maybe it works". I realize that it costs a metric fuck ton of money to send weight into space.. but I also know that we spend so little on space exploration technology.

News Comments > Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed
1. Re: Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed Jul 28, 2015, 18:31 Tipsy McStagger

just play path of exile, it's a much better game.  

News Comments > Mount & Blade Sells 6M; Sequel Showing at Gamescom
3. Re: Mount & Blade Sells 6M; Sequel Showing at Gamescom Jul 27, 2015, 21:59 Tipsy McStagger

I didn't think this game was that popular.

Maybe i'll pick it up at some point.

News Comments > The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming
25. Re: The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming Jul 27, 2015, 20:32 Tipsy McStagger

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 20:07:
But whoever the fuck is playing these games for the gameplay is doing it wrong anyway. You play these games for Geralt, Triss, Dandelion, Zoltan and all other memorable characters like Letho, the Sorceresses or Iorveth and Roche, the (fuckable) chicks, the quests, the story, the choices, the consequences, the exploration and all that good shit.
You just have to learn to ignore the bad shit like the combat, the boss fights, that asshole of a horse, the floaty movement, poor controls etc.

This is why I think these games are great, years from now when people ask me which RPG games I liked the best. I'll say MASS EFFECT, WITCHER SERIES.

Why? Well not because they had amazing combat systems or bug-less well polished perfectly balanced games.

It'll be because they told wicked stories.

20. Re: The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming Jul 27, 2015, 19:34 Tipsy McStagger

Vall Forran wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 19:30:
I don't get the complaints. You guys want it to be like batman/assassin's creed where you can simply press a counter button to win?

There were a few frustrating parts, until I learned how to utilize the whole beast journal telling me exactly how to beat said creature.

What game has this advanced combat mechanic that you speak of? Just curious...

The demon souls/dark souls games have a really impressive combat system for their attacks. Different weapon swings and moves causes it to have completely different outcomes from battles.

Witcher 3 basically is fast attack all the time. Strong attack does work but there's no variance to the attacks really.

It's hit attack, Geralt does a 360 sword spin jump and really isn't tactically great. It would be great if you could control his moves to do a poke, swing, overhand swing.. ETC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyqeAH_AAdE

I feel like they didn't focus enough time on the combat system in this game.

18. Re: The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming Jul 27, 2015, 19:22 Tipsy McStagger

The combat system is simplistic and stupid.

Does it actually ruin the game? the answer is no.

Is the game still really good? yes.

Would the game benefit from a better skill based attack system? Yes.

Also, I don't dodge.. I roll. It works amazingly well on everything except for Fiends (which are in my opinion, the hardest creature in the game)

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jul 24, 2015, 23:53 Tipsy McStagger

that's cute and sad. Luckily he has a really caring owner. Better go hug my 120 pound rottweiler/german shepherd cross and hope he never goes blind....  

News Comments > Victor Vran Released
13. Re: Victor Vran Released Jul 24, 2015, 13:56 Tipsy McStagger

Kxmode wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 13:00:
Pr()ZaC wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 12:40:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 12:23:
I might pick this now that CIG is giving me a full refund ($930).
For real?

Yes. I'll update my refund communication when the refund is complete.

Not this game related but awesome news man.

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong Next Month
3. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong Next Month Jul 24, 2015, 13:54 Tipsy McStagger

Looking forward to this one, purchased it already due to the success of Dragonfall. These guys figured their mechanics and engine out and now are just cranking out new stories over and over which are awesome.  

News Comments > Victor Vran Released
2. Re: Victor Vran Released Jul 24, 2015, 10:44 Tipsy McStagger

the game play video actually made me interested.

This could be a fun game.

News Comments > Smedley Leaves Daybreak
14. Re: Smedley Leaves Daybreak Jul 23, 2015, 16:23 Tipsy McStagger

Cutter wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 15:44:
SOE should have fired his ass with the Vanguard fiasco. That could have been such an amazeballs game. And chief bean counter taking over the role? Oh yeah, that'll work out well. Rolleyes I'm guessing we'll see Daybreak games dead inside a year, two at most.

Depends, Planetside 2 is still doing pretty good.

News Comments > Smedley Leaves Daybreak
11. Re: Smedley Leaves Daybreak Jul 23, 2015, 14:26 Tipsy McStagger

Slashman wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 14:08:
EQ was a really unique experience and I am pretty sure no one will ever create anything that brings that back.

Who could ever forget the trains in the Estate of Unrest? Sweatdrop

Everquest had a lot of things right and a lot of things wrong.

How hard is was... Right
How all zones were just trains of horrible idiots.. Wrong.
How you had to recover your corpse... Right.
How you couldn't freely bind your character to new areas without another class aid.... wrong.
how the faction system worked..... Right.
How the weight system worked..... wrong.
The foreheads of erudites... wrong.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
46. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC Jul 23, 2015, 11:50 Tipsy McStagger

InBlack wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 06:20:
You do know you can add non-Steam games to Steam right?

I didn't know this. Thanks for sharing this because I'll look it up later.

41. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC Jul 23, 2015, 00:11 Tipsy McStagger

the quote that I say from the first game all the time is

"Wiiitcher" from Haren Brogg.. the stuttering scoundrel of the docks in the outskirts.

https://youtu.be/OuRz5-aEtEA?t=17m42s

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times Vermintide Trailer
6. Re: Warhammer: End Times Vermintide Trailer Jul 23, 2015, 00:02 Tipsy McStagger

Asmodai wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 23:44:
Left 4 Skaven? =)

Whoever said that a while back is probably bang on.

not like that's a bad thing, this game could be quite a bit of fun if done properly.

37. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC Jul 22, 2015, 19:00 Tipsy McStagger

Flatline wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 16:55:
I just kind of wished that Geralt didn't talk in such a clipped LA Quartet/James Ellroy sort of manner. It feels kind of new to this game compared to my memory of Witcher 2 and definitely to Witcher 1 and just feels jarring to me.

Geralt always talked like that (Same actor), the biggest problem I noticed between the games is how bad the voice actress is for Triss in Witcher 2 and 3 (Jaimi Babakoff).

Triss in witcher 1 was a much better voice actress (Jules DeJongh).

12. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC Jul 22, 2015, 11:39 Tipsy McStagger

Task wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 11:24:
Give them a break - if they don't want to buy it now, that's their prerogative. Although, imo the Witcher games are an excellent trilogy to sink time into if one is waiting for other things to release like crowdfunds. It would certainly be better if there was at least a demo to try it out.

When was the last time you even saw a demo? I think I remember the very last demo I played. It was for company of heroes.

263 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo