Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 136 (Novice)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM Map Sources & More Released
10. Re: DOOM Map Sources & More Released Apr 26, 2015, 22:24 Tipsy McStagger

ItBurn wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 19:49:
Oh my god, if you haven't played Brutal Doom, do it now! Stop what you're doing. Play Brutal Doom. It makes Doom a modern game and it provides the best shooting and level design I've seen in years.

When I first saw Brutal doom, I thought ID software was fucking stupid. All they need to do is take brutal doom, cut the developers in on the cash and revamp it into a new engine with updated graphics and keep the same combat and they'll have an AAA title that would sell.

I still think ID software is fucking stupid. This could be the same category as "Dota 2, Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike GO"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Skyrim Free Weekend
37. Re: Skyrim Free Weekend Apr 24, 2015, 15:07 Tipsy McStagger

dj LiTh wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 14:58:
I think the real problem thats going to come out of this is that Bethesda (or whatever company) will basically 'outlaw' free mods and require all mods be pay2play and on steam otherwise they get slapped with a lawsuit. Which will absolutely kill the modding scene as it is.

This is extremely bad for gaming.

I want you to pay attention to the top games played around the work according to steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Now realize those were all Modifications of a game at certain points and were monetized into full games.

These all started as free modifications. They gained popularity and then the company paid the modders to develop a stand alone. Bethesda is looking to do the opposite of this, they're looking to try and charge for every mod and this will kill this cycle and destroy "Good" games.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month
18. Re: Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month Apr 24, 2015, 14:50 Tipsy McStagger

The content bitching is the reason I've never actually picked up this game. It's top of Steams best sellers list for a long time now. I've seen lots of video of people playing it but I feel like this is a released too early kind of game and the developers realize this and are working very hard to increase content (which is good). I can see this being a very good game in a year if they keep the pace up. Until then, I'll continue with the other video games that have content.

Also,
I feel like this is the time to bring up the steam stats page that Evolve is no longer anywhere on that list.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

I feel bad for and angry at anyone who purchased that game. They fed a shitty developer too much money and that developer will do the same again.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 23, 2015, 13:19 Tipsy McStagger

Bloodborne fixed load times?

Why the hell am I at work? DAMMIT!

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 21, 2015, 22:15 Tipsy McStagger

Can we please stop all the greenlights?

Gabe.. please read this and cancel steam greenlight.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2015, 22:04 Tipsy McStagger

NKD wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 17:33:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 14:42:

Oh shut up both of you.

How about YOU shut up porkchop? We've all heard enough from the cop apologist crowd about how it's so awful to be a police officer and we should let them get away with anything and everything because of it.

There's no cop in the US who isn't either complicit or complacent with regards to the systemic issues with law enforcement and people are getting wise to how the police view the public they are supposed to be protecting: As enemies.

What the fuck are you even talking about? You sound like a criminal.

I live in Canada, I've been pulled over and never had issues with police officers other than me breaking the fucking law and getting tickets. Most of them are good people just keeping the peace and enforcing the law.

One of my good friends is a police officer where I live (Calgary) with a population of 1.3 million and a really low crime rate. This isn't even a bad city at all, everyone's pretty well off. I make 3x more than him yet, I don't get punched in the back of the head at the beer gardens at our local yearly Calgary Stampede(look it up) for no reason other than someone trying to prove they're tough. That idiot gets arrested and probably talks so much shit about police. You're probably that idiot or someone just like him right?

Now the other side of the story:
Yes, I do think there are people that shouldn't be cops and cops that obviously should be charged with murder. That black guy in South Carolina that was gunned down by the police 3 weeks ago is a perfect example of a murderer wearing a badge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCh8HhZ3Bww

My personal beliefs are, if you're a piece of shit running from the cops and endangering lives like in car chases, you deserve to be beaten by the police when they get you. This would make me a horrible police officer.

But these officers are completely fucking stupid and in the wrong. You can see the guy complying and putting his hands behind his back before they even get on him and just proceed to wail on him over and over for 30 seconds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPvTTmhyB_w

Again,

Guys in hand cuffs, he's now in complete compliance, This "police" officer decides to strangle this man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15gGD7iA5RM

I like cops. Like I said, good people don't get fucked up by the police. You have to do something to get shot/strangled/beaten.
I don't know a single person who has been charged with something bullshit, everyone got something they deserved. The only person I've ever met in this city that talked so badly about police like you was a fucking drug dealer who I used to buy my weed off. Guess what? Criminal.

The "Revenue asshole" side of the argument:
Police need funding, costs a lot to keep training, running and keeping things going. Sure they have revenue speed traps and the like but I haven't had a ticket in 10 years because you have to be either speeding like a fucking idiot or plain stupid to not see a speed trap.

It's simple. The people who can afford to speed will speed.

Cutter wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 18:13:
American police killed more people in March (111) than the entire UK police have killed since 1900, and you don't think there's a problem with that?

Usually I ignore your bullshit cutter,

You need to realize the population difference and the gun control difference:

64 million people live in all the united Kingdom.
318 million people live in the USA.
5 times more people live in the USA.

Gun laws in the states are liberal to say the least. Everyone has a fucking gun, you probably have a gun right?
I was blown away when I was working down in Houston and every fucking person on the highway had a gun holster on their car. It's amazing..

Go into a Denny's and get approached by a guy wearing sweat pants with a hand gun sticking out the front asking if I can spare some change. It's like getting casually robbed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_the_United_Kingdom

The UK has a very tight gun law. Because of this, it's actually less of a risk. Yet firearm deaths do happen from shitty police officers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_use_of_firearms_in_the_United_Kingdom

This comment was edited on Apr 21, 2015, 22:30.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2015, 14:42 Tipsy McStagger

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 12:54:
Necrophob wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 11:57:
Funny though, a white guy runs towards a cop, and doesn't get shot. A black guy runs AWAY from a cop...shot 5 times in the back.

Yeah, that's the salient point I saw from that video, WHITE assailant is afforded every opportunity to surrender, aka not really news.

Oh shut up both of you. You don't have any idea how nerve racking and dangerous being a police officer is.

Here's a video of failed Compliance which resulted in the officer being killed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoI4G1fWmEQ

I personally think that cop was kind of stupid. If that guy had a knife the cop could be dead. Tueller's Rule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_KJ1R2PCMM

I think he started off well by back peddling but the second he fell down he was in a very dangerous situation that he shouldn't have been to begin with.

Watch use of force demonstration scenarios

Edit:

Elaborating, I think it's fucking ridiculous that it's gotten to the point that we're calling this officer "Heroic" for not shooting.

Basically it comes down to this fundamental:
Good people don't get killed by the police and if a "Good" person does, it's almost always because they were doing something very stupid like charging a police officer pulling you over.

You want to know the best thing to do when get pulled over..
Put your hands on the top of the steering wheel, Don't move until the cop taps on your window and then take one hand to unroll it.
Put your hands back on the steering wheel and only move when he asks you to.

You make the cop much more at ease and happier when he doesn't feel like he's going to have to pull his gun.

This comment was edited on Apr 21, 2015, 14:56.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Early Access Next Month
1. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Early Access Next Month Apr 20, 2015, 23:39 Tipsy McStagger

Well, I won't be playing this one but I really hope games workshop actually makes a good CGI film about warhammer 40k one day.

Ultramarines sucked.. The Lord Inquisitor will probably take a few years and maybe suck. We'll see.

News Comments > Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online
18. Re: Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online Apr 20, 2015, 14:27 Tipsy McStagger

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 10:56:
It is a game and who cares who does the voice acting? You guys are a bit over the top sometimes. Not a huge fan of Sean Penn as he is on the opposite end of the spectrum, but he is a good actor. If you let politics enter into your entertainment choices you will have a very limited and distorted experience.

You have the same opinion as me about celebrities.. I don't give a shit if they're fucking 1000 lbs women on the side and eating donkey brains for dinenr. The only thing I care about is "Do they make good movies/shows/music/whatever".

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2015, 16:25 Tipsy McStagger

Silicon Avatar wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 13:34:
I have been that guy inside that car more than once and it is not fun. I don't even like to drive anymore. Too many people are on cell phones and crap now.

Me too, three times in fact.

But last one was 10 years ago.. And it was a semi-truck ran a red light and t-boned me going ~35 mph. (50 km/hr where I live).

Luckily for me, he had an aftermarket front wildlife protector on his truck so it caused my car to flip away from his vehicle instead of going under (which would have killed me).

Anyways, I tore lots of muscles/ligaments in my back and neck and had a minor concussion from that accident which took 2 years of physio to recover from. Watching that video made me feel sorry for that guy but also that he was very lucky that the truck coming at him was going so slow. Still, he probably has a good 3 months of bad sleeps ahead of him from the pulled muscles he'll have during that bouncing.

News Comments > 2K Australia Closing
6. Re: 2K Australia Closing Apr 16, 2015, 11:09 Tipsy McStagger

Uhm,

Didn't the Pre-sequel sell massive amounts of games? I saw it on Steam top 10 for a few weeks.

So pretty much.. "We milked you guys for millions but now, you're all fired".

News Comments > WildStar Off AU Shelves; F2P Coming?
19. Re: WildStar Off AU Shelves; F2P Coming? Apr 15, 2015, 19:16 Tipsy McStagger

Asmo wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 18:22:
InBlack wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 09:06:
Am I the only one who revels in glorious glee at the failure of all of these World of Warcraft clones??? Because, lets face it, regardless of the setting, backstory etc. all of these 6-months-to-f2p MMOs are just that: World of Warcraft in another skin. Very little innovation in the genre has been made since the days of Ultima Online and Everquest, in fact most MMOs have devolved to become stupidly simple, easy & grindy in a really bad way...

WoW followed it's customer base, people want easier/faster/more purples. They complain that everything is too easy, but when an alternative which isn't easy presents itself, it's too hard. We're spoiled for choice so we act like brats, never happy.

That's because people are fucking stupid.

WoW was really good when it first came out. Like really good..

Naxrammas was a ton of fun at level 60. That's when they released the expansion and fucked the whole game with simplicity.

Everquest was difficult and tedious. Lots wrong with the kill one monster and wait style of gaming, the trains of death in dungeons and the horrible corpse retrieval system. Yet, they had perfected expansion progression to not screw over people working for a specific item. Personally, if ever quest was re-released with changing the kill one monster and sit, put instanced dungeons and made corpse retrieval more of a gold penalty (NPC sitting in town where you spawn that retrieves it for a resonable sum) the game would be very solid.
They had a great faction/reputation system and awesome unique items, great class system as well.

WoW lost me when they released their first expansion and I replaced my hundreds of hours of naxrammas purples with greens at level 64. They should have made the top end raid gear at 60 on par with the normal raid gear at 70.

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 14, 2015, 18:47 Tipsy McStagger

Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 14:36:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 14:22:
Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 10:15:
Destiny House of Wolves DLC won't feature a new Raid.

This game is doomed.

This really shocked me. The biggest issue destiny has is lack of content at the moment and this just makes it worse. They said they're working on a new raid for late this year.. I wonder how many people will actually be playing this game when the people who have been playing since September have all items/max level already. This expansion means that they'll release a few other guns but really, maybe a month of extra content. It's pretty bad news considering a raid usually adds 2-3 months of in game work for content minimum.

A lot of people like myself already bought the expansion. This should warrant a refund I would think, unless they intend to give us the raid when it is finally done. My guess is that they will look to sell it to us even though we already bought it.

I enjoyed the game at first but got so tired of grinding. I soon realized that there was really no end-game content other than the two raids (which none of my friends wanted to do because of the huge time sink) so I saw no point in all the grinding except for wasting time. The PvP is pretty meh.

If it had open world PvP with factions, that would be cool.

You don't need to do it with your friends,

I use Pick up groups.

www.destinylfg.net

Raids were the best content in the game. It's just that the "Progress Slow Downs" they put in only last about 2-3 months before you're out of content/items to acquire.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 14, 2015, 14:22 Tipsy McStagger

Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 10:15:
Destiny House of Wolves DLC won't feature a new Raid.

This game is doomed.

This really shocked me. The biggest issue destiny has is lack of content at the moment and this just makes it worse. They said they're working on a new raid for late this year.. I wonder how many people will actually be playing this game when the people who have been playing since September have all items/max level already. This expansion means that they'll release a few other guns but really, maybe a month of extra content. It's pretty bad news considering a raid usually adds 2-3 months of in game work for content minimum.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
51. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 13, 2015, 18:09 Tipsy McStagger

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 08:54:
I look at this list and see so many crap games. What is wrong with the gaming public???

Did you see how many people bought Evolve?

That should answer it right there.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours
18. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours Apr 10, 2015, 15:26 Tipsy McStagger

Dacron wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 14:07:
Morrowind 3:41 speedrun

I understand that's it's a "Speed run" but I don't consider these actual speed runs. They use bugs/glitches to actually do the run so it is not actually doing it as quick as possible. I'd like to see someone do a speed run without levitation + speed clipping. He skipped entire dungeons.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 10, 2015, 10:53 Tipsy McStagger

Destiny:
Jesus fucking christ, I love playing this game but I've taken a break since i have almost all items I want and I'm max level. Yet, this "patch update" is complete bullshit. Did they shrink their team to have 2 people working on this game full time now? Because that sounds like a pitiful update. I know they've been talking about trying to fix Atheon and Crota bugs which would be a hard fix but that's not even what I'm talking about here. Who the fuck cares about wearing a helmet... content is what is lacking and will sink the game. Make random nightfall type strikes that award commendations for gear or more marks so you don't have to farm for Materials to upgrade your gear.. That would be very simple to implement in their already expandable system.

Sony PS4:
I signed up to twitter just to suggest direct name look up. It's such a pain in the ass to try and type in "Yoman" for a friend invite and getting Yoman13234 Yomanyoface yomanyoyo yomanyerman and 300 other people before Yoman which you typed in full comes up.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours
1. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours Apr 10, 2015, 10:36 Tipsy McStagger

25 hours for a speed run?

Better break up with the girlfriend now.. because she's not going to see me for a while.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided to be Steamy
1. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided to be Steamy Apr 10, 2015, 10:34 Tipsy McStagger

Which means i'll buy it.

Steam get's lots of hate. But you know what.. I love steam.

News Comments > Call of Duty Black Ops III Reveal This Month
11. Re: Call of Duty Black Ops III Reveal This Month Apr 9, 2015, 17:40 Tipsy McStagger

The thing that's mental to me is this:

All the most popular games came from Modded games.

They don't make games to mod anymore.. Skyrim is like the last and that's insanely popular on steam for peak players STILL.

Take a look:
Dota 2 ( based off a mod)
Counter-strike :GO (Based off a mod)
Team fortress 2 (Based off a mod)
Skyrim (Modable)

What did all these used to have in common? Dedicated servers (except dota)

It's pretty fucking apparently that you should release a quake style game that's modable to get people playing/buying and playing again.

136 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo