Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MindStalker3

Real Name MindStalker3   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 26, 2012, 16:18
Total Comments 94 (Suspect)
User ID 57655

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Firefly Online Trailer
10. Re: Firefly Online Trailer Jul 27, 2014, 18:27 MindStalker3

Honestly, that still doesn't mean it will be POS. Sure a POS from a technology standpoint. The "thing" is, they are getting the cast to do the voice overs, and are said to be hiring good writers.
Firefly Online will be more of an interactive episode story. IF they can keep new creative stories rolling out it could be an interesting experiment in a new medium of story telling.

Or it could be one giant POS. If I was a betting man I'd put my money on POS, but my hopes are dreams are on the former.

nin wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 18:14:
Ozmodan wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 18:03:
Let me guess, browser based and using the Unity Engine - complete POS.

Why would Fox let a bunch of idiots like this mess up a great IP?

I thought it was pretty obvious Fox doesn't think it's a good IP, considering they've shelved it for years now...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Firefly Online Trailer
4. Re: Firefly Online Trailer Jul 27, 2014, 15:27 MindStalker3

It is a single player game with "social aspects".

Quote from their faq
Firefly Online will provide a robust single-player experience, but with plenty of additional features that allow players to interact with other captains throughout the ‘Verse. You’ll even be able to create “jobs” (Firefly Online’s equivalent of quests) for other players to enjoy.

Talisorn wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 14:32:
This looks better suited to a single player game. And this comes from someone who loves MMOs.

News Comments > Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained
1. Re: Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained Jun 19, 2014, 09:53 MindStalker3

Are they simulating orbit/gravity physics. Or just empty space physics?
There is a HUGE difference in how one would approach docking in orbit versus empty space.

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Jun 16, 2014, 14:09 MindStalker3

Nope, no revision in the EULA. It was always in the EULA, it just simply wasn't enforced before. Change in enforcement, not a change in EULA.

Of course one could certainly argue lack of enforcement is permission, so you could possibly attempt to prove in court that this is a change. Good luck with that!

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jun 16, 2014, 09:24 MindStalker3

I particularly like the last sentence.
"also herobrine is not real please stop asking argh"

My kid refuses to believe the he's not real.

I'll show this to him tonight and destroy his hopes and dreams...

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Tease
5. Re: Mirror's Edge Tease Jun 9, 2014, 13:18 MindStalker3

Trevellian wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 10:42:
No doubt, as they've already said they thought the original was "Too hard" and that there may be more combat options in the sequel.

They obviously don't understand what made Mirror's Edge a great game, and will dumb it down for a quick buck sequel.

To be fair, the learning curve was too steep.

Nothing wrong with hard, but it did get too hard too quickly, you didn't get a chance to get invested in the storyline before it started to get very hard. I think Portal 2 had the same issue, but maybe that's just me.

edit: added quote to what I was replying too.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jun 1, 2014, 17:32 MindStalker3

It "shocks" the author that the majority of PC Gamers don't update their GPU drivers regularly?

I'm not a "gamer" but I like to play games and when I do its on my PC. Its probably been a good year since I've updates my graphics drivers.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation May 29, 2014, 12:09 MindStalker3

gsilver wrote on May 29, 2014, 11:01:
Shouldn't they be trying for 24 FPS? That's the true film framerate!

Then, apply tons of motion blur to try to hide the low framerate, just like film.

After that, apply a flicker filter to make it look even more like film.

...I joke, but there may be a dev crazy enough to do that.

If you read the article they said they tried 24 but it negatively effected gameplay. This worries me as they obviously don't know much about rendering though. They should render at 48 FPS minimum then blur it down to 24 fps. I'd be willing to bet there were only doing 24 physics rendering passes per second, that is simply way too low for accurate physics and interactions.

News Comments > Steam In-Home Streaming Launches
17. Re: Steam In-Home Streaming Launches May 22, 2014, 09:58 MindStalker3

XBOX?

Does anyone think there will ever be 360 or xbone support?

I could get a PC to hook up to my TV, but I really don't want Yet Another Device. It seems this would be fairly easy from a technical side, the problem would be getting MS to allow it.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed
30. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed May 20, 2014, 12:10 MindStalker3

Agent.X7 wrote on May 20, 2014, 10:58:
InBlack wrote on May 20, 2014, 10:56:
After Rage, anything on that engine is a no buy for me.
What did it have sex with your mother? Not the best engine in the world, but what's your particular issue to it?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation May 19, 2014, 11:33 MindStalker3

As article stated its 4 to 9 watts for standby. Honestly, yeah, we need to worry about people leaving 60 watt lightbulbs on all day, but why are we obsessing of a 5 watt device? There are tons of much more power hungry things in your household.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup May 9, 2014, 08:58 MindStalker3

jdreyer wrote on May 8, 2014, 16:49:
Also, you should never try and KS a free to play game. It's suicide.

Well it looks like you get a good $100 worth of ingame stuff for $20 backing.

HA, suckers.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup May 8, 2014, 09:33 MindStalker3

Breach looks kinda interesting, but I can't shake the feeling that this is a last ditch effort to save their failing game.

"Ok, we've got this large team assembled, we've already invested a ton in art. Lets spend a bunch of time making a video to collect $35,000 which will pay for a month maybe 2 of development for the 6 of us.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization May 7, 2014, 09:28 MindStalker3

I swear, every time they update Maps my ability to speak the words to my android "Navigate XXXX" switch from using maps to trying to google the words "Navigate XXXX", then a few weeks later it will go back to using maps again. ARG, Google, what is your malfunction??!  

News Comments > Disney Infinity 2.0 with Marvel Super Heroes This Fall
9. Re: Disney Infinity 2.0 with Marvel Super Heroes This Fall May 1, 2014, 10:07 MindStalker3

I'm glad I held back on the first version. My kid was dying for it but I refused to spend that crazy amount of money. His friend has it and rarely plays it so I told him when he's friend is willing to sell his game and collection for $20 I'll buy it

News Comments > Notch's Text Adventure
1. Re: Notch's Text Adventure Apr 30, 2014, 10:40 MindStalker3

Pretty short, but an interesting little game.

My only regret is not making more friends....

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 17, 2014, 08:51 MindStalker3

"The IRS uses computers" article, making fun of us freaking out over the IRS installing computers to help their calculations which sparked fears of miscalculations and big brother spying.

Quickly followed in Bluesnews in the next section by, "Is your home's energy meter spying on you".

I find this juxtaposition rather humorous.

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
41. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 12:18 MindStalker3

If it wasn't for the insanely high credit card fees, I'd almost guess they are taking backers money to invest in themselves just to make these totals higher.

That said, I certainly think they almost want the insanity of the kickstarter to stop, so they are offering junk like towels in hope people stop giving them more money.

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Apr 10, 2014, 16:07 MindStalker3

jdreyer wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 14:44:
Here's the basic problem as I see it: the underlying structure of Free 2 Play itself ruins games. Take PvZ2. This is a fun game. I put in about 25 or so hours and got about 80% complete in the game. ...
And in all honestly Demo games that you have to pay to unlock the rest of the game have been around for a long time. If I got 50% of the way through a free game and it told me. Pay $5.00 for the complete game. I may cough up the $5. If it tells me pay $1 to go to the next level, I don't know what my full investment will be. Yeah, sure the levels I've seen are fun, but how much is this going to cost me in the long run? $5, $10, $500 ?? You want to market it as F2P, when its really a Demo, fine, but at least be upfront about the total cost when I hit that wall.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Apr 10, 2014, 11:34 MindStalker3

Creston wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 11:05:

I'd say that if your industry is duping children to the tune of 2.4% of your total customer base (and let's be honest, that's what was reported, and likely nowhere near the entire total), that that is a SERIOUS FUCKING PROBLEM.

"But hey, look, EA is a shitty publisher, so what I do doesn't matter!"

Yeah, that's where I had to quit reading. You can't brush away potentially hundreds of millions of dollars being earned in an arguably illegal way as no big deal (Kids can't sign contract, enticing kids to accidentally use their parents money is illegal).

94 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo