Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MindStalker3

Real Name MindStalker3   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 26, 2012, 16:18
Total Comments 105 (Novice)
User ID 57655

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
46. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 12:49 MindStalker3

Well they can finally remove Herobrine.
/rimshot

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 12:47 MindStalker3

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 12:40:
I'd like to know if they had to sign a non-compete clause and how long until it expires. Minecraft never hooked me, but they are very talented guys. With that amount of money there is no limit to what they can do next.

I doubt it, they were buying the IP, not the talent in this case.

42. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 12:45 MindStalker3

ItBurn wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 10:24:
"There’s no reason for the development, sales, and support of the PC/Mac......versions of Minecraft to stop"
What? There are MANY reasons to stop the development if Microsoft owns it. There's no way Microsoft would release a game for PS3-4... Explain this to me.

The "game" will never recoup the 2.5Billion spent, but IP likely will. Buying Minecraft is all about buying the IP and possibly the ecosystem. First comes the marketing, Minecraft Movie, Minecraft plushies, etc, etc all of which will make tons of money. Then comes the ecosystem, no more lauchers, it will be Microsoft's store that you buy or obtain skin packs, maps, mods, etc. They don't care if your running on Apple or PS4, its their game and Microsoft will make a cut from every skin pack bought. Most likely they will make a cut from all the Minecraft videos on youtube as well. The ecosystem is huge, they would be hurting themselves to limit it.

News Comments > Dragons & Titans Drops Microtransactions
6. Re: Dragons & Titans Drops Microtransactions Sep 12, 2014, 08:34 MindStalker3

Watching this trailer I realize many of the sounds and even some art seems to come from GemCraft.. Is there some generic sound bank that they might have both bought from?  

News Comments > Dragons & Titans Drops Microtransactions
5. Re: Dragons & Titans Drops Microtransactions Sep 12, 2014, 08:28 MindStalker3

coldcut wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 06:56:
How can they say "Unlimited free to play" when the next sentence states "However, they will not have access to all the avatars, skins and the single player campaigns, Acts 2, 3, and 4, all of which is exclusive content for Titan Pass owners."

They are saying that Act 1 is "Unlimited free to play", the rest is a single $20. Its similar to the Demo model.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 7, 2014, 15:24 MindStalker3

"What does $150 get you in Destiny's Ghost Edition?"
From what I've heard, a crushed box.

News Comments > Sims 4 Specs (and Pancakes)
16. Re: Sims 4 Specs (and Pancakes) Aug 28, 2014, 15:06 MindStalker3

Rhino wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 20:39:
Aside from the lack of review copies being sent out, which is never a good sign, there is also this:

http://ts4news.com/post/94541924952/89-features-missing-from-the-sims-4

Some of them aren't terribly noteworthy (no acne, as an example); but some of the others are eye catching to me.

To quote someone else, when they release the toddlers and pools pack, will they call it "I'm a very bad person pack"?

News Comments > John Carmack's Son's Game
16. Re: John Carmack's Son's Game Aug 19, 2014, 08:11 MindStalker3

When I was 10 I programmed a fairly large text adventure game ( I think it had about 40 "rooms"). I haven't programmed another game since.

News Comments > Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft
12. Re: Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft Aug 18, 2014, 14:11 MindStalker3

Also the SDK that OR is working on this is opensourced and is very valuable the to VR community at large. Hopefully we will soon see a standard emerge so that you only have to port your software once. I highly suspect the Rift will be at the center of this standard as its opensourced and from everything I've heard, very high quality.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 18, 2014, 09:59 MindStalker3

RE: Deja vu all over again- Windows 7 will be the new XP.

To hell with that mess. One can't reasonably "plan" for the migration to Windows 9, with it still being a year or more away. And honestly we all know 7 support will be grandfathered for another decade.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
11. Re: Saturday Interviews Aug 16, 2014, 18:04 MindStalker3

To be fair, the odd gentleman's other game looks pretty good, I'll have to check it out.
They might just be able to pull something off brilliantly, though i was hoping something more similar to The Witcher in controls, but I don't think this team is quite up to that.

News Comments > Firefly Online Trailer
10. Re: Firefly Online Trailer Jul 27, 2014, 18:27 MindStalker3

Honestly, that still doesn't mean it will be POS. Sure a POS from a technology standpoint. The "thing" is, they are getting the cast to do the voice overs, and are said to be hiring good writers.
Firefly Online will be more of an interactive episode story. IF they can keep new creative stories rolling out it could be an interesting experiment in a new medium of story telling.

Or it could be one giant POS. If I was a betting man I'd put my money on POS, but my hopes are dreams are on the former.

nin wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 18:14:
Ozmodan wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 18:03:
Let me guess, browser based and using the Unity Engine - complete POS.

Why would Fox let a bunch of idiots like this mess up a great IP?

I thought it was pretty obvious Fox doesn't think it's a good IP, considering they've shelved it for years now...

News Comments > Firefly Online Trailer
4. Re: Firefly Online Trailer Jul 27, 2014, 15:27 MindStalker3

It is a single player game with "social aspects".

Quote from their faq
Firefly Online will provide a robust single-player experience, but with plenty of additional features that allow players to interact with other captains throughout the ‘Verse. You’ll even be able to create “jobs” (Firefly Online’s equivalent of quests) for other players to enjoy.

Talisorn wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 14:32:
This looks better suited to a single player game. And this comes from someone who loves MMOs.

News Comments > Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained
1. Re: Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained Jun 19, 2014, 09:53 MindStalker3

Are they simulating orbit/gravity physics. Or just empty space physics?
There is a HUGE difference in how one would approach docking in orbit versus empty space.

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Jun 16, 2014, 14:09 MindStalker3

Nope, no revision in the EULA. It was always in the EULA, it just simply wasn't enforced before. Change in enforcement, not a change in EULA.

Of course one could certainly argue lack of enforcement is permission, so you could possibly attempt to prove in court that this is a change. Good luck with that!

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jun 16, 2014, 09:24 MindStalker3

I particularly like the last sentence.
"also herobrine is not real please stop asking argh"

My kid refuses to believe the he's not real.

I'll show this to him tonight and destroy his hopes and dreams...

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Tease
5. Re: Mirror's Edge Tease Jun 9, 2014, 13:18 MindStalker3

Trevellian wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 10:42:
No doubt, as they've already said they thought the original was "Too hard" and that there may be more combat options in the sequel.

They obviously don't understand what made Mirror's Edge a great game, and will dumb it down for a quick buck sequel.

To be fair, the learning curve was too steep.

Nothing wrong with hard, but it did get too hard too quickly, you didn't get a chance to get invested in the storyline before it started to get very hard. I think Portal 2 had the same issue, but maybe that's just me.

edit: added quote to what I was replying too.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jun 1, 2014, 17:32 MindStalker3

It "shocks" the author that the majority of PC Gamers don't update their GPU drivers regularly?

I'm not a "gamer" but I like to play games and when I do its on my PC. Its probably been a good year since I've updates my graphics drivers.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation May 29, 2014, 12:09 MindStalker3

gsilver wrote on May 29, 2014, 11:01:
Shouldn't they be trying for 24 FPS? That's the true film framerate!

Then, apply tons of motion blur to try to hide the low framerate, just like film.

After that, apply a flicker filter to make it look even more like film.

...I joke, but there may be a dev crazy enough to do that.

If you read the article they said they tried 24 but it negatively effected gameplay. This worries me as they obviously don't know much about rendering though. They should render at 48 FPS minimum then blur it down to 24 fps. I'd be willing to bet there were only doing 24 physics rendering passes per second, that is simply way too low for accurate physics and interactions.

News Comments > Steam In-Home Streaming Launches
17. Re: Steam In-Home Streaming Launches May 22, 2014, 09:58 MindStalker3

XBOX?

Does anyone think there will ever be 360 or xbone support?

I could get a PC to hook up to my TV, but I really don't want Yet Another Device. It seems this would be fairly easy from a technical side, the problem would be getting MS to allow it.

105 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo