Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Baristan

Real Name Baristan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 11, 2012, 15:30
Total Comments 10 (Suspect)
User ID 57641

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 28, 2014, 14:33 Baristan

The linked article is not about the false flag Turkey was planning.
It's about a recording of the PM and his son hiding bribe money from investigators.
Turkey has more than one piece of news they are trying to cover up.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Picks Up Another Couple $ Million
52. Re: Star Citizen Picks Up Another Couple $ Million Nov 26, 2013, 15:48 Baristan

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 26, 2013, 14:56:
Freelancer was no freespace. The reality is chris is living on nostalgia of wing commander's universe. It's the movie based gamers coming out funding this. Gameplay based gamers would stick to freespace.
Since it hasn't been posted in this thread yet.

Wing Commander Saga
Free fan made Wing Commander game using the Freespace 2 engine.
http://www.wcsaga.com/

I found out about this game in another SC thread. Completed the Prelude, and am currently enjoying the main campaign. Great game so far.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Won't Include DOOM 3
35. Re: Oculus Rift Won't Include DOOM 3 Mar 18, 2013, 17:35 Baristan

There has been a lot of talk about binaural sound on the Rift's forum, but there is no integrated sound in the Rift's hardware.
The Rift has only one screen split in two(half for each eye with a resolution of 1280x800(640x800 per eye). You can read about the differences between the prototype shown at the trade shows and the DEV kit shipping this month here. They promises the consumer version will have a better display.

29. Re: Oculus Rift Won't Include DOOM 3 Mar 18, 2013, 16:20 Baristan

@SectorEffector
Yes it is in stereoscopic 3D. I was just saying that is not the main point of the Rift.

The version of the Rift shown at the trade shows was a prototype using a 5.6 inch display with a hillcrest tracker. The DEV kit has a 7 inch display, and a new head tracker that is 4X as fast. The Doom3 code used in the early trade shows wouldn't work on the DEV kit.

14. Re: Oculus Rift Won't Include DOOM 3 Mar 18, 2013, 12:26 Baristan

The Rift isn't about stereoscopic 3D. It's about fooling your eyes into believing that you are in the game. The DEV kit has generated a lot of buzz, but has a long way to go before it is accepted as not just another gimmick. Unlike other attempts at VR the Rift appears to have some game support. Star Citizen(Space Simulation), Hawken(FPS, Mech), Strike Suit Zero(Space Flight Combat), The gallery(FPA 'mist like' still in kickstarter),0x10c(Notch's space sandbox) and several other games(not all set in space...) promise support. With big name developers who have tried the Rift like Gabe Newell, Chris Roberts, Cliff Bleszinski, Paul Bettner... excited about it there is hope that the Rift won't be garbage like all the previous attempts at VR. Watching youtube videos of people trying out the Rift has me excited, and I can't wait to see it for myself, but until an Apple logo is slapped on it many people will be too scared to even try it.  

News Comments > Arma III Alpha Released
11. Re: Arma III Alpha Released Mar 5, 2013, 11:14 Baristan

SirKnight wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 10:40:
Shataan wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 10:23:
The controls are FINALLY no longer sluggish and wonky like their past games

I had very little interest in Arma 3 before you said this. I pre-ordered, and build a computer just for Arma 2 only to give up on it due to poor controls and terrible/buggy menu system. If they have finally built a good interface and controls I wouldn't care if the graphics looked like Arma 1.

News Comments > Free Metro 2033 on Steam
50. Re: Free Metro 2033 on Steam Dec 12, 2012, 02:57 Baristan

Rhino wrote on Dec 11, 2012, 11:17:
nin wrote on Dec 11, 2012, 10:53:
Baristan wrote on Dec 11, 2012, 10:36:
Beamer wrote on Dec 11, 2012, 10:09:
wtf_man wrote on Dec 11, 2012, 09:38:
Too bad I don't have a Facebook account. (Nor would I ever make one)

You wouldn't even make a fake one for a free game?

People are weird.

Facebook now requires you to verify with an unique cellphone number. They will never get mine.

Is that for new accounts? It's never asked me for one...

The only time that it has ever asked me one is when logging on for the first time in a new browser, or one for which the history, cookies et al have been completely cleared out. Even then, it wasn't asking for one in the "You must put one in" sense, but in the purely optional "we can send you your password this way if ever you run into trouble" sense. Consequently, I have never put one in.

My father, who just created his own for the first time, was also not required to have one.

Well it let me create an account in July, but in Augest I could longer login to it. It would not let me proceed without a phone number. I emailed Facebook support and received a link to a FAQ stating that a number was required to create an account. Tried again today and it let me login without asking for a number at all. They must have changed their policies.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Patched
7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patched Dec 12, 2012, 02:37 Baristan

The endgame may suck, but as a single player game I am enjoying playing it.  

12. Re: Free Metro 2033 on Steam Dec 11, 2012, 10:36 Baristan

Beamer wrote on Dec 11, 2012, 10:09:
wtf_man wrote on Dec 11, 2012, 09:38:
Too bad I don't have a Facebook account. (Nor would I ever make one)

You wouldn't even make a fake one for a free game?

People are weird.

Facebook now requires you to verify with an unique cellphone number. They will never get mine.

11. Re: Free Metro 2033 on Steam Dec 11, 2012, 10:31 Baristan

Thanks for the key.  

10 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo