Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for fiftykyu

Real Name fiftykyu   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname fiftykyu
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/id/fiftykyu/
Signed On Dec 11, 2012, 04:17
Total Comments 127 (Novice)
User ID 57639

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jun 9, 2015, 22:17 fiftykyu

Hmm, speaking of sales, anyone near a Best Buy should check this deal on reddit - $100 Steam wallet money for $85. Just in time for the Summer Sale.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Desura & Indie Royale Parent Bankrupt
7. Re: Desura & Indie Royale Parent Bankrupt Jun 5, 2015, 22:10 fiftykyu

Ouch!

I have a pile of games on Desura, and bought a lot of Indie Royale bundles. Like every bundle site, sometimes it's great, and sometimes not so great...

Sounds like a good time to grab every key in sight, and download whatever isn't also on Steam...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 May 31, 2015, 21:41 fiftykyu

It's funny, when Elite: Dangerous suddenly appeared on Steam last month I was hoping we'd get keys so I'd finally remember owning it. But once I did get that precious key, I lasted all of five minutes before going back to the Wild Hunt.

I'll probably end up turning off the ultra-mega-hair eventually as it's a big drain on performance, but it's sure fun to crank the graphics settings up and just wander around looking at stuff.

Oh, I agree many Witcher 3 crashes are probably due to overclocking. I suspect a lot of people had a "stable" overclock that worked for a 10 minute benchmark years ago, but was just a bit too high for whatever this specific game is doing. I'd try going back to stock speeds on your CPU + graphics card and see if the crashing stops. It's a great game, so good luck!

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup May 17, 2015, 23:00 fiftykyu

BIGtrouble77 wrote on May 17, 2015, 16:48:
There's already a long standing game series on Steam called Victoria:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/29109/

I doubt Paradox will care much, but why not check to see if a game of the same name already exists that will ultimately drown out your google search presence?

There's somewhere north of 5,000 games on Steam currently, so I wouldn't fault these guys for being unaware of Paradox's Victoria series. But it does look a bit like they didn't do their homework...

Due to a recent bundle I found there are also two games called Dark Matter, http://store.steampowered.com/app/251410/ and http://store.steampowered.com/app/345130/ - both of mine are patiently waiting to be played, some day...

According to http://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/2xgvyd/ there are more, namely Reflex, Post Mortem, and Book of Legends. I believe Post Mortem is some sort of adventure game, but couldn't tell you what the other games might be. I wonder who plays all this stuff...

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
20. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer Apr 10, 2015, 23:29 fiftykyu

siapnar wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 21:15:
Just out of curiosity, what are the cards some of you guys are running (or going to run)?

GTX 970 here. Xmas buy. No regrets

Hmm, still haven't replaced my ancient 2x 580s, looked at that Titan X card @ Amazon and Newegg, everything was out of stock. Not sure if I should be frustrated or relieved. Hope I can resist long enough to see what AMD is cooking up, but it won't be easy...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2015, 21:41 fiftykyu

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 09:38:
Wow....I didn't not know you could get a PS4 like this, time to pull the trigger.

Apparently http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Bloodborne-Bundle/dp/B00UZGQ3G4/ was $400 last week, but that seems a bit excessive just to play Bloodborne... Hope I can resist next time it comes around though...

Also looks like http://flash.newegg.com/product/68-110-163 is still going on, $160 plus whatever Demon's Souls costs since I never played that one...

News Comments > The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Video
3. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Video Apr 6, 2015, 21:22 fiftykyu

Every Witcher 3 video I see is tempting me for a video card upgrade... But it looks like nothing's going to get cheaper until AMD release their new stuff, whenever that is...

I'd feel pretty stupid splurging on one of those Titan X cards if a couple months later there's something even faster for half the price...

News Comments > New AMD Beta Drivers
10. Re: New AMD Beta Drivers Mar 21, 2015, 18:31 fiftykyu

Fantaz wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 11:48:
Wallshadows wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 10:57:
I'm debating whether or not I should find a cheap 7850 to put in to Crossfire or sell my 7850 and put that towards a 280X.

if you waited already this long maybe better to wait for the 380X, as it's just around the corner.

Yeah, this definitely looks like a good time to wait... Don't care who has the fastest card this round, as long as there's competition everyone looking to upgrade wins.

Really hope I have enough sense to ignore that Titan X thing, though...

News Comments > On Sale
20. Re: On Sale Mar 14, 2015, 10:57 fiftykyu

Yes, it's an extra layer of DRM, just for fun. Even copies from the Steam store will need to connect to it. Like if you buy recent Ubisoft games on Steam, you still have to deal with Uplay.

If you buy the Steam version you'll be able to get Steam achievements (assuming any exist) and the game will appear in your Steam library, etc. Once you're past the DRM the actual game itself will be the same, but some people like to buy all their games from the same place. Other people just want to play, and buy from whatever store is giving the best deal.

News Comments > On Sale
16. Re: On Sale Mar 14, 2015, 08:29 fiftykyu

Not a coupon, but check http://www.greenmangaming.com/vip/ - but take note of what you're getting if you're one of those people who need to have every game on Steam:

"This game will be delivered as a Rockstar Games Social Club redemption code. Customers will require a free Rockstar Games Social Club account to play."

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Mar 13, 2015, 23:01 fiftykyu

Flatline wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 18:09:
Wallshadows wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 17:10:
It's also on sale on the Humble Bundle site for $17.

He says with the Humble Bundle link taking you there.

Yeah damn the humble bundle people. I really couldn't afford the 17 bucks this weekend but I've been waiting for Alien to go on a steep sale and that was a good price.

Out of curiosity, is Borderlands Pre-Sequel worth the 30 bucks that it goes for occasionally? I'm kind of burned out on borderlands at this point, and have been waiting for a deep Far Cry 4 sale moreso, but a mindless shoot-em-up either way would be fun.

Not really answering your question, but I got that Pre-Sequel game for about $20 last week, and quit after a couple hours. Really wasn't starving for more Borderlands anyway, but with the sale I figured nothing to lose. Well, twenty bucks to lose, I guess.

Think if you're burnt out on Borderlands, the solution is probably not more Borderlands. Unless you have friends pestering you to play, I suggest waiting for a better sale - then it won't hurt as much if it turns out you're just tired of the whole thing.

News Comments > Steam Gift Restrictions Tighten
36. Re: Steam Gift Restrictions Tighten Mar 12, 2015, 18:30 fiftykyu

jdreyer wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 18:22:
So, here's a question. If the purpose of region locking is to prevent companies like G2A from buying cheap keys in Indonesia and selling them in the US via gifting, why not just put a CAPTCHA on the gifting page? Wouldn't that prevent this?

Umm, you can pay actual humans to solve your captchas, so no.

Valve tried adding them to the trade offer windows (to prevent all those phishing bots from stealing the loot after they'd phished someone) but it took less than a day for the bots to be updated to solve them.

News Comments > Steam Gift Restrictions Tighten
33. Re: Steam Gift Restrictions Tighten Mar 12, 2015, 18:20 fiftykyu

Overon wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 17:35:
Is this only for gifts or for region based non gifts like buying a foreign region key and then activating it through VPN and then playing from your actual region?

The word is: if previously a game was only region-locked to activate, now it's also region-locked to play. Copies from splitting four-packs are also region-locked now. Basically, game over.

Apparently you can still find a slight discount trading with Canadians, but those half-priced Russian bargains are history.

News Comments > Europa Universalis IV International Women’s Day DLC
3. Re: Europa Universalis IV International Women’s Day DLC Mar 8, 2015, 21:31 fiftykyu

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 15:09:
Well I never got the DLC and there is no way to download it.

Just guessing here, but probably we'll see something like http://store.steampowered.com/app/241373/ - free in the store, click and it's added to your Steam account.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Feb 2, 2015, 22:09 fiftykyu

jdreyer wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 19:18:
"All Killer. No Filler."

I haven't heard of any of those games.

Some of the names sound familiar, but I don't remember playing any of them. Oh, wait a minute, get in the bundle spirit!

Who cares if it's random junk, as long as it's cheap random junk...

News Comments > Star Trek Online Turns Five
21. Re: Star Trek Online Turns Five Feb 1, 2015, 16:07 fiftykyu

Haven't played this game in hmm, guess it's been years now? So that means my recollections are obsolete, mis-remembered, just plain wrong etc. But that's never stopped anyone on the internet...

I wouldn't say the entire game was fun, but there was enough fun in it to be worth your time and/or money. As for specifics, hmm...

There were a lot of interesting user-made things (don't remember the name of anything, sorry...) to play, if you wanted something that felt like an old Star Trek episode or whatever. And the spaceship fighting/flying around was good.

The main thing I remember disliking was walking around on some random planet. If I got a mission to beam down to planet X and explore/fight/whatever, I knew it was going to be a chore. Having some of my guys disappear through the ground in the middle of the fight was usually bad, except when it let me finally defeat the enemy guy who had also fallen through.

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 31, 2015, 23:14:
Ant wrote on Jan 31, 2015, 21:43:
When I feel like buying something I almost always buy keys and take my chances on the different crates to see what I get. I got a temporal science vessel that way once.

Well, to save yourself some money buy keys from the exchange. It's stupidly easy to grind EC, and quickly. When I was playing a lot my biggest money makers were coming from cornering markets with a couple of people. At one time I had Jevonite and Ferasan Nepeta Leaves markets all to myself. I'd simply buy them up when they were dirt cheap, then start chipping away at the market. Building up my EC's and then controlling the market price.

Aha, this reminds me of something. At some point I noticed my playing time had become maybe 10% Star Trek Online, and 90% Ferengi Online i.e. chasing profit on the exchange. So I'm paying real money in order to earn pretend money? That's when I knew it was over.

Assuming it's not changed since then, I'd call this one of the better free MMOs. They wanted your money, of course. But I never felt the developers of Star Trek Online actively disliked the non-paying players. Unlike, say, The Old Republic, where the message was clear: pay money, or please just go away.

News Comments > Prison Architect Sells 1M
12. Re: Prison Architect Sells 1M Jan 31, 2015, 21:14 fiftykyu

Oh, the Uplink people? I'm useless at sim games, so haven't been paying attention to this one at all.

Speaking of not paying attention, the video looked interesting so I took a look at the Prison Architect Steam page... Somehow I already own it. Curse of the bundles.

News Comments > The Bard's Tale IV Announced
20. Re: The Bard's Tale IV Announced Jan 24, 2015, 21:28 fiftykyu

Hmmm, I loved all those old RPGs, Bard's Tale, Might & Magic, Ultima, Wizardry, plus a bunch of others I can't remember. Taking notes, drawing maps on graph paper, with no internet to read all the spoilers...

Actually, now that I think about it, this sounds like the sort of thing I'd buy for the memories, and then forget to play. My Steam library is full of these nostalgia-fueled purchases, and I don't think I've finished a single one.

Divinity: Original Sin, Might & Magic X, Wasteland 2, etc. They sound great, I excitedly press the "add to cart" button, but somehow when I sit down to play I lose interest. Maybe you just can't go home again...

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jan 19, 2015, 21:50 fiftykyu

I usually get the Bundle Stars bundles, unless it's all repeats from a previous bundle. It's often random stuff nobody wants, but they do have good ones too. Here's a few recent ones:

Aftershock Bundle

UFO: Aftershock / UFO: Aftermath / System Shock 2 / Wizardry 6 & 7 / Wizardry 8 / Harvester / Ascension to the Throne

Conspiracy Bundle

Broken Sword: Director's Cut / Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror / Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon / Runaway: A Road Adventure / Runaway: The Dream of the Turtle / Runaway: A Twist of Fate / The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav / The Whispered World: Special Edition

Toxic Bundle

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky / The 7th Guest / The 11th Hour / Shadow Man / Xotic Complete (inc. 3 DLC) / Darkout / Desperados 2: Cooper's Revenge / Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive / Tribloos 2 / Runespell: Overture / Heroes of Annihilated Empires

News Comments > Into the Black
18. Re: Into the Black Jan 19, 2015, 21:36 fiftykyu

nin wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 21:25:
fiftykyu wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 20:33:
It would take you...
21524 continuous hours
2 years,166 days,20 hours,34 minutes
of gameplay to complete your Steam library

Whoa whoa whoa whoa...you beat Prez?!?!?!?!?!

WTF?

Sorry, it's that darned bundle addiction. Somehow, instead of buying one game from my wishlist, I end up getting 20 random indie things I'll never even install.

At least with Steam we don't need to find shelf space for all this junk.

127 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo