Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Orphic Resonance

Real Name Orphic Resonance   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 5, 2012, 00:15
Total Comments 312 (Amateur)
User ID 57632

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2013, 17:13 Orphic Resonance

Travel

Travel is developmental when small; if travel is correct, it leads to good fortune.

Travel means passing through and not lingering. As to the qualities of the hexagram, above is fire (luminous), and below is mountain (still): Using illumination with stability, illumination being based on stillness, one stabilizes the illumination and does not use it carelessly. Therefore this is called travel.

This hexagram represents nurturing the fire and transcending the world; it follows on the previous hexagram making a young girl marry. In making a young girl marry, there is uncontrolled action based on emotion, obeying the mundane energy of conditioning and burying the primal celestial energy, taking the artificial to be real, taking misery for pleasure.

Practitioners of Tao should first see through worldly things, looking upon all conditions, all existents, as passing by, not injuring the real by delighting in the false, not disturbing the inward because of the outward. Understanding stillness and staying in the proper place, stabilizing illumination so that it is not damaged, when illumination and stillness are used together one can thereby transcend the world while in the world. Therefore travel is developmental when small, and travel leads to good fortune when correct.

In general, travel as a path means just passing through once — you should not remain attached to the realm you pass through. If you are concerned with externals, you forget the inward; by pursuing ramifications you abandon the root. When illumination is called for, then be aware; but while aware still remain calm. When stillness is called for, be still; but while still, remain aware.

Shooting pheasant, one arrow is lost; eventually one is entitled, because of good repute.

Being flexible and receptive, open and balanced, is like "shooting pheasant, one arrow is lost." "Shooting pheasant" means not using illumination; "one arrow is lost" means not using strength. Not using illumination, illumination is replete; not using strength, strength is complete—the whole psycho-physical being is sublimated, and one lets things be as they are. Not losing oneself, neither does one turn away from others. One's virtue is sufficient to move people, and eventually one is entitled because of good repute. This is travel with flexibility and ability to integrate.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
9. Re: Sunday Q&As Feb 10, 2013, 17:04 Orphic Resonance

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 16:06:
Maybe I'm just not thinking hard enough but everything I remember coming from GPG and Chris Taylor were over-hyped/under-delivered games such as the Dungeon Siege series.

He must have done something important pre-DS...

i think the big thing fans talk about is TA and supreme commander

but im with you

regardless of viability, when it comes to cancellations, failures, etc. it doesnt really matter if anyone's product is awesome or not (think: firefly)... there are way too many other variables to consider - you cant hang your hat on "awesomeness"

News Comments > Axl Rose's Activision Lawsuit Dismissed
9. Re: Axl Rose's Activision Lawsuit Dismissed Feb 10, 2013, 16:58 Orphic Resonance

never was a fan of the hairspray cock rock

but dysfunctional bands are almost the norm across all genres... certainly not rare at all

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
10. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 10, 2013, 14:12 Orphic Resonance

if you right click you dont have to click past any boxes

sorry... i know its tough.. you will be ok eventually

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Trailer
43. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 10, 2013, 12:04 Orphic Resonance

Suckage wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 11:50:
I backed this one as sort of an afterthought. I liked the idea but was unfam-

ima let you finish... but Wasteland is one of the best RPGs of all time!

18. Arbiter Of All Things Feb 10, 2013, 11:30 Orphic Resonance

he has judged golf and found it wanting  

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. omerta Feb 10, 2013, 11:28 Orphic Resonance

it sounds really shitty to me from all the reviews ive heard, even from the description of the game in the ones that liked it

disposable levels, immortal characters, xp not tied to combat, crazy combat rules, no other gangsters to compete against, etc.

not sure why anyone would enjoy it, unless they are looking for a very "lite" experience, and i dont play those kinds of games

40. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 10, 2013, 11:14 Orphic Resonance

Jonjonz wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 08:28:
Ugh, turn based anything, we are not back in the 70's, hello!

goodbye

7. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 10, 2013, 11:11 Orphic Resonance

Panickd wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 10:49:
Orphic Resonance wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 01:56:
Genesys wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 23:47:
Yes, I'm always amused when I see computers with eval versions of WinZIP and WinRAR installed, when they could avoid all those dialog boxes by using 7-Zip.

or by right clicking

The zip feature built into Windows sucks eggs for large archives. What will take the built in feature ten or more minutes to unpack 7-zip will do in ten seconds. I really don't understand the impetus for anyone to pay good money for an archive program anymore.

i was talking about winrar

its free

sorry you are wrong, but dont worry.. youll be ok

4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 10, 2013, 01:56 Orphic Resonance

Genesys wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 23:47:
Yes, I'm always amused when I see computers with eval versions of WinZIP and WinRAR installed, when they could avoid all those dialog boxes by using 7-Zip.

or by right clicking

27. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 10, 2013, 01:55 Orphic Resonance

looks awesome.. although ive never been a big fan of keyword style dialog, they seem to be doing a fairly complex version

ready to explode some dudes like a blood sausage

News Comments > RAGE Tool Kit
41. W A N T Feb 9, 2013, 13:00 Orphic Resonance

Quboid wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 12:40:
deqer wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 11:25:
it's annoying to have to deal with a late release of something

So ... don't? How big a chore is it to read this story, shrug and move on?

how big a chore is it to choose raw leafy greens over a grilled juicy steak? or how big a chore is it to choose a busted 50-year old hooker over a nubile 20-year old beauty queen?

thinking like that might help a bit

some people want to be annoyed.. some people want to be confused..

sweet dreams

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 9, 2013, 12:54 Orphic Resonance

Redmask wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 23:38:
She just seems to be confused. Why does she think that's a good thing?

money, the same motivation for all business people

she probably thinks people are more likely to spend 100 at a time rather than 300-400... but thats guesswork, just like your idea that
"People don't want to upgrade a console every year, not a even $99 one"

both would be speculation.. just like mine - the difference is that we are in a side-lined, armchair position compared to someone running the company - which makes us less knowledgeable about the company in general, drip-fed CEOs or not

your confusion hinges on your speculation - because if you did understand reality objectively, there would be no question to begin with

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Feb 9, 2013, 11:31 Orphic Resonance

Bhruic wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 10:56:
Tumbler wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 23:50:
I am not thinking people need to farm in this game. It's a waste of time. It's a waste of money to buy DLC and a waste of time to farm. This all seems to be much ado about nothing. It feels like EA came running in at the last minute and made them put these DLC packs in there. This is not a situation like Diablo 3 where they totally fuck the game up in order to drive people towards these dlc packs.

People thinking they need to farm in this game is weird.

First off, there's no DLC. The content was already in the game when it shipped. They have a microtransaction store that allows you to buy what you need rather than farm it. Either approach works.

You don't need to farm in the game. You don't need to buy anything in the game. There's no need to craft items at all. If you want to, however, they've given you a couple different paths to choose.

Typical case of "this is horrible because it's EA", despite the people bitching obviously not having a clue how this works.

you should have said "haters gonna hate"

so you can be like the cool kids

News Comments > RAGE Tool Kit
39. Re: RAGE Tool Kit Feb 9, 2013, 11:29 Orphic Resonance

RAGE sucked big time.. and it seems like the majority opinion on the PC side of things is less than favorable (no, not talking about metacritic), but that is most likely due to the expectations surrounding Id... if the game was from some no-name developers, it would have been regarded more favorably IMO  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 9, 2013, 08:01 Orphic Resonance

its all in the title.. if you have a rudimentary understanding of psychology and the mechanics of unconscious projection

protip: no one can save the world.. even martyrs

20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 17:31 Orphic Resonance

Verno wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 13:35:
I am sitting here snowed in with my girlfriend, we're watching one of her shows Greys Anatomy. I wish I was at work or that I hadn't done all the shoveling this morning

Browsing on my smartphone is the only thing that will get me through today.

edit: oh look, shes got the whole season out on dvd. Great.

yeh i had a gf that used to make me watch that too.. i would download the episodes (i dont have a tv hooked up) - sometimes the audio would go out of sync and shed be like "its all fucked up!" and id be like "oh nooooo" Shakefist

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 11:01 Orphic Resonance

i prefer long pig  

30. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 09:13 Orphic Resonance

Creston wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 21:57:
Tron cartoon? *blink*

Creston

dude it is so pimp.. yeh its written for kids, but seriously it doesnt matter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-vL0LgaL3E

News Comments > Ubisoft Results: AC3 Sells > 12 Million Units; New AC Coming
16. Re: Ubisoft Results: AC3 Sells > 12 Million Units; New AC Coming Feb 8, 2013, 09:04 Orphic Resonance

i didnt think it was any worse than the other AC games, which were all around average IMO... although it was quite different anyways, and it seemed less about "assassins" than any of the others

i would like to see the next one set in the far east.. or maybe ancient egypt or sumeria

312 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo