Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Orphic Resonance

Real Name Orphic Resonance   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 5, 2012, 00:15
Total Comments 312 (Amateur)
User ID 57632

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Notch Backing Age of Wonders 3
23. Re: Notch Backing Age of Wonders 3 Feb 15, 2013, 06:33 Orphic Resonance

Sepharo wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 00:50:
Verno wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 22:54:
Minecraft is perfect because it is how it is and you can't question it with many people.

I've never called it perfect it's far from that, it's one of the buggiest games out there.

dude you are an apologist, end of story

yes the features are woefully unfinished

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Game of the Year Edition
18. Re: Tribes Ascend Game of the Year Edition Feb 15, 2013, 06:02 Orphic Resonance

lack of expanding cone of fire on the automatic rifles is a huge deal.. its why all competitive players are forced to use them because they are unstoppable at mid-close range - point and kill, basically - nothing else comes close

its a pretty big issue IMO

News Comments > Wargaming Acquires Gas Powered Games
16. Re: Wargaming Acquires Gas Powered Games Feb 14, 2013, 13:55 Orphic Resonance

RollinThundr wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 13:41:
Again how are they getting all this revenue to buy up devs? Aside from World of Tanks and World of Warplanes I have never heard of any of the titles they've published.

it must be MAGIC!!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 14, 2013, 13:42 Orphic Resonance

its clearly designed for 7-10 year olds, primarily.. and it suffers for that in a big way

im a studio ghibli fanboy so im down, but id suggest most adult gamers should probably look elsewhere

News Comments > Notch Backing Age of Wonders 3
15. Re: Notch Backing Age of Wonders 3 Feb 14, 2013, 13:38 Orphic Resonance

Dev wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 13:10:
finga wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 08:55:
Dev wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 04:29:
I have a problem, because I'd much rather see it go into improving or expanding minecraft. Maybe doing minecraft 2. He's got his own company, why not re-invest more into that?
The community already did expand Minecraft much further than I think Mojang ever would have. It's called Feed the Beast, and it's definitely not for everyone. Minecraft is bottled lightning and heaping more stuff onto it wouldn't necessarily improve it.
But have they actually implemented full mod support yet like they promised? I haven't played minecraft in a while, but that was the status last time I checked, just partial mod support.

no they still havent delivered on that or on many other promises (character upgrades, dungeons, towns, and so forth have only got the most minor upgrades in the past 2 years.. its pretty sad considering how much money flows into that company due to that game)

with that said, the community has picked up all the slack, pretty much

if you decide to play i strongly recommend http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1585216-thaumcraft-303-updated-122013/

that mod is easily 10x better and more well made than original minecraft itself.. combined with a few other mods, it actually becomes something of a real game

News Comments > System Shock 2 on GOG.com
16. Re: System Shock 2 on GOG.com Feb 14, 2013, 13:31 Orphic Resonance

it will be interesting to hear from people who have never played it before as opposed to people drowning in nostalgia  

2. ni no kuni Feb 14, 2013, 10:04 Orphic Resonance

its pretty standard stuff, fairly well done but standard

the graphics are amazing tho, thats what keeps me playing - the art design is great and the story is ok

i would have preferred a bit more of a mature tale, even 'spirited away' seems more mature than this and thats saying something.. 'princess mononoke' is at the sweet spot imo

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
40. Re: Path of Exile Patched Feb 13, 2013, 21:51 Orphic Resonance

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 20:47:
Axis let it go.

Isn't there more pointless shit in the universe you can argue about?

i think he should keep going, especially if it upsets random spectators like you who arent even involved

half elf - let it go man, try some other comment threads

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Feb 13, 2013, 21:47 Orphic Resonance

hahahaha wow thats one for the books  

News Comments > More Valve Layoffs
5. Re: More Valve Layoffs Feb 13, 2013, 21:45 Orphic Resonance

it was the HL3 team  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: gonna have to check this place out Feb 13, 2013, 17:19 Orphic Resonance

Creston wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 16:59:
Orphic Resonance wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 11:38:
"Cynical people might think this is funny," Basso said at the time of River's death.

Actually, it's more likely 100% of people think it's fucking stupid that people are dying from eating at your restaurant.

Creston

some dude had a heart attack WHILE eating in the restaurant

and dont forget - fat asses that are over 350 lbs eat free

24. Re: Path of Exile Patched Feb 13, 2013, 14:48 Orphic Resonance

Verno wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 14:17:
LgFriess wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 13:52:
The problem is the passive tree. Well, ok, no, the problem is the way combat works. There is no other way to survive besides maxing out HPs and resists for most characters. Stuff like a summoner can get away with not, but beyond those builds, any character that has to melee or has the potential to get hit has a virtual requirement to max the HP and resist nodes. So the whole point of having this massive passive tree that enables you to plan all sorts of wonderful builds goes out the window as you have to plan 95% of your build around getting to the resist/HP nodes. That doesn't make for fun character customization.

I agree this is definitely a problem later on in the game. Most of my builds revolve around shitloads of HP or ES because you can't really survive without it in the long term. Maybe they can look at putting more life on gear so people could take more damage nodes but the trouble there is balancing it out for both Hardcore and Softcore.

yep this is definitely an issue... and one of the problems with f2p games is the constant balancing/rebalancing/re-rebalancing/etc. so it will be interesting to see if it ever gets resolved in a satisfactory way

News Comments > Morning Q&As
5. Re: Morning Q&As Feb 13, 2013, 14:13 Orphic Resonance

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 12:43:
Cutter wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 11:50:
Everything he says tells me these net gen consoles aren't going to do well at all and they will certainly be the last consoles.

OK, Patcher.

puzzled for a sec.. but you mean Pachter..

and its entirely appropriate, especially if you throw in the modifier "wannabe"

11. Re: Path of Exile Patched Feb 13, 2013, 13:29 Orphic Resonance

AngelicPenguin wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 13:26:
Axis wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 12:59:
Nice try saving face Verno.

At least you finally admitted the truth in a round-about way despite knowing I was right all along about virtually everything I've bothered to post...

I think somebody needs a timeout. We'll watch your elmo videos after you behave.

yeh please give us some lessons on maturity

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 13, 2013, 11:52 Orphic Resonance

yeh open up your eyes you dumbshit - consoles are stupid  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. gonna have to check this place out Feb 13, 2013, 11:38 Orphic Resonance

A regular patron and unofficial spokesman for the Heart Attack Grill has died of an apparent heart attack, the restaurant's owner said on Monday.

John Alleman reportedly suffered a heart attack last week outside the Las Vegas restaurant, according to the Las Vegas Sun. The 52-year-old was taken off life support on Monday.

Alleman, who was not on the restaurant's payroll, inspired the "Patient John" character that appears on the restaurant's menu.
"He lived a very full life," Jon Basso, owner of the Heart Attack Grill, told the newspaper. "He will be missed."

I told him if you keep eating like this, its going to kill ya, Basso said. Hed say, 'I just love your place, Jon.' Hes the only person I know who was probably at the restaurant more than I [was]; hed be here every darned day.

Alleman is the second unofficial Heart Attack Grill spokesman to die in as many years.

In March 2011, Blair River, the restaurant's 575-pound representative, died from complications stemming from pneumonia. He was 29.

"Cynical people might think this is funny," Basso said at the time of River's death. "But people who knew him are crying their eyes out. There is a lot of mourning going on around here. You couldn't have found a better person."

News Comments > Valve Engineer Fired
10. Re: Valve Engineer Fired Feb 13, 2013, 11:28 Orphic Resonance

STOP THE PRESSES!  

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Feb 13, 2013, 09:18 Orphic Resonance

ludonarrative dissonance?? wtf

The term "ludonarrative dissonance" was coined by Clint Hocking, a former creative director at LucasArts (then at Ubisoft), on his blog in October, 2007. The neologism "ludonarrative" is a portmanteau of ludology and narrative, and is now an essential concept in videogame theory.

The idea refers to conflicts between a video game's narrative and its game play. Clint Hocking coined the term in response to the game Bioshock, which promotes the theme of self-interest through its gameplay while promoting the opposing theme of selflessness through its narrative, creating a violation of aesthetic distance that often pulls the player out of the game.

On a more concrete level, ludonarrative dissonance may simply refer to logical inconsistencies between narrative and game play. Video game theorist Tom Bissell in his book Extra Lives (2010) notes the example of Call of Duty 4, where a player can all but kill their digital partner during gameplay without upsetting the built in narrative of the game.

wow didnt know abstract game philosophy was that intense

News Comments > etc., etc.
15. Re: etc., etc. Feb 13, 2013, 09:15 Orphic Resonance

pity pity pity pity.. oh poor poor baby

what a fucking chump

News Comments > Evening Q&As
6. Re: Evening Q&As Feb 13, 2013, 09:08 Orphic Resonance

didnt he say that release date would be a few years from now? sounds fishy to me too

but 8 meeellion dollars is a fucking haul - plenty of ppl seem to have faith

312 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo